[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Johns such a hack when it comes to Batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: Batman loses his bat-marbles.jpg (601KB, 2000x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Batman loses his bat-marbles.jpg
601KB, 2000x1047px
Why is Johns such a hack when it comes to Batman?
>>
Because he was mean to Johns' husbando
>>
>>83033981
Money Joker.
Psycho Joker.
mob boss Joker.
>>
>>83033981
Batman is too edgy, also judging by how he makes Green Arrow I think he just dislikes gadget based characters outside of Kord
>>
>>83033981
Because clearly you only like Batman in his Gary Stu Batgod version.
>>
>>83034142
why is this the only answer johnfags are able to give?
>>
>>83033981
Honestly, thinking that Johns hates Batman because he wrote an uneperienced and underpowered alternative version is like saying that Waid hates Captain Marvel because he was killed by a nuke in Kingdom come and the same wouldn't happen to the main continuity CM.
>>
>>83033981
>Step 1: Infiltration
>Step 2: Rape
>>
>>83034218
It's just overly sensitive people, they have an image of what Batman should be in their mind, and anything that goes against that counts as hate towards the character.
>>
>>83034218
he writes him totally out of character in his main books
let's not forget that some of the images usually posted to show that Batman is an asshole were written by him

you go from having Batman and Superman being friends in other books to Batman being an asshole to him and all the other teammates
>>
>>83033981
Johns wouldn't actually write in three different versions of the Joker operating in Gotham city under Batman's nose, right? It's some kind of cosmic awareness metaphone, right? Right?
>>
I don't think his Batman is terrible on its own, but it does look much worse up against all the great writers the character has had.
>>
>>83034429
I sure hope so for King's sake. You know they're going to make him write at least one Joker story, and god help him he's going to probably have to address this nonsense.
>>
>>83033981
muh Batgod
>>
>>83033981
here should be all DC .. and pre-flashpoint superman .. All have gone mad.
>>
>>83033981
>>83033981
Can anyone give me context for this? Is this fanart?
>>
>johnsfags ignoring all legit points and just screaming MUH BATGOD

As expected from memers
>>
File: Mr Obsessive.jpg (2MB, 1544x1804px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Obsessive.jpg
2MB, 1544x1804px
>>83034528
Johns can only write Batman as an arrogant child.
>>
>>83034761
>legit points
Psssh
>>
>>83034797
Oh, shit. I just realized why he was looking at all those different versions of the Joker.
>>
>>83034429
>Three jokers
>Johns giving DC an out for getting rid of edgy Bat obsessed joker
Based johns saving Batman once again.
>>
>>83034797
These people either don't read Batman or just dislike him already so they will think that's how Batman is supposed to be to begin with.
>>
>>83033981
Because he hates the character only writes him for the shekels.

It's why he picked himself to be in charge of the Batfleck movie instead of someone like Morrison.

The only characters Johns actually likes are Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.
>>
>>83034052
What's the difference between "Money Joker" and "Mob Boss Joker"?
>>
>>83034967
Money joker is a CEO who finances the other jokers.
>>
>>83034218

Johns doesn't just write Batman underpowered, and that's not what Batfags take issue with. It's the fact that he makes him a childish, over-arrogant, intolerable asshole who hits and berates his teammates and just overall has little to no redeeming qualities. His Batman has no place on the Justice League.

That's why people would rather him just remove Bats from his JL line-up, because he doesn't do shit with the character, and when he actually tries to it's clear he just does it as a half-assed attempt to shut us up.
>>
>>83035020
>It's the fact that he makes him a childish, over-arrogant, intolerable asshole who hits and berates his teammates and just overall has little to no redeeming qualities

So in other words, be acts just like Batman is supposed to.
>>
File: RCO011.jpg (1MB, 1808x1108px) Image search: [Google]
RCO011.jpg
1MB, 1808x1108px
>>83034884
>implying Golden age Joker didn't obsessed over killing Batman
>implying Silver age Joker didn't obsessed over Batman killing him
>implying Modern age Joker doesn't obsess over Batman fucking him
>>
>>83035068
Why do Batman haters try to justify Johns? Just say that you dislike the character and move on.
>>
File: 200.jpg (51KB, 311x310px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
51KB, 311x310px
>>83035020
>>
>>83034797
why did not he get superpowers before?
>>
>>83034761
>calling other memers
That's funny coming from the faggots pushing Johns hate Batman meme.
>>
>>83034797
I have been away from comics for a while. Can someone spoonfeed me what's going on please?
>>
>>83034336
gordon get out
>>
File: 5-b0b3a.jpg (108KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
5-b0b3a.jpg
108KB, 750x937px
>>83034884
kek are you kidding me bruh

it's only gonna intensify now
>>
>>83035020
>johns writes Batman as childish,over-arrogant intolerable asshole
When does he do this?
>>
>>83035250
>the only people defending how Johns writes Batman are Batman haters or people that don't read him
>it's just a meme! trust me! I know batman even if I hate him and don't read him!

Sure
>>
>>83035258
Batman got bonded to the mobius chair and has literally become a Batgod.
>>
>>83035299
>how Johns write batman
Perfectly normal? What's wrong with Johns Batman?
>>
>>83035323
Yeah i think im gonna stay out of the loop until the next retcon. i give it a couple of months at most
>>
>>83034876
Why?
>>
>>83035483
It's only in the justice league title anon.
>>
>>83035483
>DC tries to put on outlandish events to draw readers back
>readers decide to just wait until everything calms down again
I'm right there with you, friend. Holy shit, DC, get a clue.
>>
>>83035581
>mad ar outlandish thing happening in capeshit
Why even read caprshit then anon? If you can't handle bizarre shit then don't fucking read capeshit.
>>
>>83035483
It's not a permanent thing anon and it doesn't cross over the titles so why be a little bitch about it?
>>
>>83034201
Because there was nothing wrong with it other than showing Batman being the "just like me" regular human being Batfags always say make him better than every other character who isn't.
>>
>>83035323
Did that whole Joker thing come to conclusion?
>>
He too is sick of Batfaggotry.
>>
>>83035098
I want to kiss the Joker.
>>
>>83035899
>This is bullshit I'm going to stop giving them money

>Stop being a little Bitch
>>
>>83035020
The only situation in which I remember this happening would be before and during infinite Crisis, and he was kind of justified since the league had erased his memory a few years back. Also the whole "I'm in charge" thing in forever evil but honestly the idea of batgod is so impregnated in the minds of readers that that moment made for a fun change.
>>
>>83036230
Don't you have better things to do than post on 4chan, Batman? LIke having consensual sex with the Joker, for example?
>>
>>83036379
>paying for comics
So he's a dumb bitch too.
>>
>>83034380
This applies to pretty much every high-profile Superhero. Mostly those that have already gotten movies, since the fucking casuals that make stupid, closed-minded statements like that usually don't read the comics.
>>
>>83035008
How do i became a joke? What degree's i need?
>>
Why do people act like Batman has to be the best at everything to be written "correctly". He's a very fit human and dangerously obsessed with shit, that doesn't make him a perfect person who can just solve any problem he encounters by having enough "prep time"...
>>
>>83036744
Except no one is complainig about that you fucking retard.

Try reading threads before spweing your worthless opinions like all the retards before you.
>>
fuck all you batfags
i'm just over here waiting for Gotham Academy
>>
>>83036807
Cry harder, batfag
>>
>>83036716
>joke degrees
English, History, any relating to art.
>>
>>83036973
>why are people complainin about x
>no one is complaining about that
>lol batfags

Just kill yourself already
>>
>>83035899
because i dont particularly like the concept and know itll die down soon. So ill wait it out. (the retcon thing was an exaggeration)
>>
>>83034728
That's fanart based on the reveal that there are actually 3 different Jokers in current continuity and Batman just learned about it through a magical artifact.
>>
>>83035282
>>83036392

CtIC, GL Rebirth, Forever Evil, Post-Rebirth JL, E1, etc.

Just about any time Johns has put his hands on the character really. Nobody worth their would ever cite any of Johns' work as an example of a well-written Batman.

His work on the character ranges from completely forgettable to downright insulting. Only autistic character-haters and Johns fanboys disagree.
>>
>>83036807
I hear you guys bitching how Johns writes Batman OOC but I don't see it.
>>
>>83035491
Because of the reveal that Joker was different people rather than a single one.
>>
>>83037124
You knownit's funny but in all those examoles you juat listed have one thing in common and that's Batmam not being automatically in the right.
>>
>>83037242

No shit, Sherlock. When you write a character as an incompetent child they tend to be in the wrong and make fools of themselves.
>>
>>83037124
I imagine Morrison reading Johns batman with a big ol' shit-eating grin
>>
>>83037043
Add a little homolust for the Bat and you're good to go
>>
>>83037242
The funny thing is that you think that Batman not being right is somehow some big event that doesn't happen constantly even in his own comics
>>
File: the hypercrisis.jpg (88KB, 694x606px) Image search: [Google]
the hypercrisis.jpg
88KB, 694x606px
>>83033981
>Sejic called it
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.