[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of Fox's X-Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 501
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (79KB, 748x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 748x380px
So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

What will happen to to the future of Fox's X-Men now that people are getting tired?

Will they reboot the franchise? Will they make a deal with Marvel Studios and have Wolverine show up at Infinity War? Will JLaw Mystique get her own movie?
>>
>>82961409
Get their villains, Deadpool and Wolverine to MCU.
Oh, and babes.
>>
The executives are going to look at what Deadpool did well, and what Apocalypse did poorly, and completely miss the point with their next movie.
>>
>>82961409
They should just give the rights back to Marvel already.
>>
>>82961485
Yup, sounds about right
>>
>>82962172
Never going to happen, Fox is not Sony.
Never should happen either.
>>
>>82962501
Yeah. Marvel's table is full.

Maybe the Fantastic Four would fare better there, but the X-Men never really even worked well in the comics alongside the Avengers for example.

It has great potential, but not in the MCU. Certainly not at FOX, but there it won't ruin the other stuff.
>>
>>82961485
This.

They didn't learn their lessons the last two, three, four flops... why the fuck would anyone think they'd learn their lesson this time?
>>
File: 1396378090002.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1396378090002.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>82961409

>bombed and flopped
>Movie isn't out yet
>>
>>82962501
>Never going to happen
It will if their movies keep bombing.

I predict Deadpool's novelty will weigh thin quickly. Expect Deadpool 2 to bomb.
>>
>>82961409
First they need to finish their current universe: Deadpool II, Wolverine III and one last X-men movie. After that all doors are open and I have no idea what could happen
>>
>>82961409
Man, Days of Future Past was great, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>82962501
Sony haven't given the rights back on Spider-Man, they've gone into partnership.

FOX has to continue making a sequel every couple of years or a fresh sequence within 10 years of the original (which has now passed, ie, they can only really make sequels from this point on, unless they want to outright reboot within 5 years) to retain the rights to X-Men.

They could also make a tv show, which may or may not have to be within the same continuity. Certainly the first movie they made was definitely not in the same continuity as the first tv attempt they made (which was in 1996). So in theory they could continue the rights for an indefinite period, but that's dependent on people continuing to want it - with tv that's much less certain than with an established movie sequence. The problem is one of investment capital - if they choose to continue sinking money into movies that don't sell well enough to justify the investment, they're losing money compared to where they should be if they'd invested more wisely. This is an important consideration; nobody wants a situation where you're retaining rights just because someone else can make them work consistently, even though you can't. With tv it's a similar prospect; sure the investment is lower even over a whole season, but the number of new shows that fail is non-trivial and you may not make your money back even with established properties.

So I wouldn't say never, and I would advise that FOX has let rights slip recently - Daredevil going back was down to them having no idea of how to reboot it and make money - and will almost certainly do so again. I would guess they'd try and sell them back, though - the way that Sony sold back Ghost Rider after the second movie flopped. Again, it's a question of recouping that investment cost, not just from one movie but whole-life on the rights, including development work that leads nowhere.
>>
>>82962653
>Movie isn't out yet

WTF? What kind of 3rd world shithole are you posting from?
>>
>>82962653
Dude, it has a rotten on RT with no signs that it will end up fresh, people are already on the fence for this thing which will make them not want to watch.
>>
>>82962653

It isn't out in the States, but that doesn't matter when China is the biggest market for this shit
>>
>>82962716
This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.
Saw it last night, really disappointing movie
>>
>>82962841
Is china getting a release on the same day as the Alice sequel? if so the X-men are fucked
>>
>>82962716

Fox decided to cash in on "big bad super powerful villain" before DC and Disney did, and of course it isn't paying off
>>
>>82961409
I hope Wolverine 3 is set in a semi-standalone universe that Wolverine 2 seems to exist in.

Also didn't Magneto commit genocide at the end of the film? And Baldy doesn't seem to give a shit about it?
>>
>>82962841
china doesn't even get the film till june, they actually are the last to get it
>>
MCU would need a reboot to fit in the X-Men. Not happening anytime soon.
>>
>>82962746

>they could also make a TV show

They've been working on some, Hellfire being a thing a think. However FOX only has the film rights to X-Men, and any TV projects need to be approved and supervised by Marvel
>>
>>82962653
It's got a worse RT than MoS and ASM2
>>
How can people actually want the X-Men in Marvel movies? Are they mindless about their loyalty to that "cinematic universe"? Do they realize how problematic they are? Having them on their own is the best thing that could happen.
>>
>>82961409

They're already planning Deadpool 2, X-Force, and Dark Phoenix saga movie

this shit will never go away

Fox and WB/DC are just cancer forming right in my gut, eating me from inside
>>
>>82963106

>RT score means movies can't make money

I understand that cape films have reached a point where bad word of mouth is the first, and sometimes last, nail in the coffin (of course big expectations to keep a shared universe going mean a movie will almost always underperform big time if they fuck up) but usually with most other movies they can get fucked sideways on RT and still make some dosh
>>
>>82962746
>They could also make a tv show,

They could make a TV show but they need to get Marvel's approval to do it. Fox has far more control on getting a film made, though.
>>
>>82963106
So what? The Transformers movies get some of the worst scores ever on that site and are some of the higuest grossing movies in the world.
RT doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>82963153
>being this much of a Disneykid
>>
>>82962849
>This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.

This. x1000 this.

DOFP was the perfect ending point for the series and tied things up together nicely. It's basically become a jumping off point for all the fans of the franchise that began with the original X-men back in 2000.
>>
File: Jubilee.png (480KB, 409x611px) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee.png
480KB, 409x611px
;_;
>>
>>82963153
*Fox and WB/DC are making much better films than Disney
>>
>>82962172
I swear Disney is paying people to say "sell back the rights" at this point.

Quite insidious, get the fandom to believe that the only way to see improved X-men/FF/Spider-man movies is for the rights to come back to them.
>>
Can someone give me some spoilers? I legit don't care enough to watch it.
>>
Sorry but the movie is doing 700m with a way lower budget than BvS and CW. Its not tanking and you are not getting rights back.

Nice console war thread btw.
>>
>>82963153
And Disney is not? 13 movies and the only thing they can show is TWS and "colorful costume adaptations".

The 3 are shit but for different reasons.
>>
>>82963354
Iron Man 1 is the only "great" MCU movie. TWS is only above average.

The first Iron Man is TDK tier.
>>
>>82961409
>X-men Apocalypse is out
What?
>and it bombed
Probably.
>>
>>82963318

>implying Fox would sell back the rights anyway

Also why the fuck would you want that? Quality aside, the X-Men work better in their own universe. Plus trying to shoehorn mutants into the MCU? I don't think that would work out well
>>
Marvel has reached a point where even if one of their movies gets banged up by critics it will still make a ton of money. It's more of a branding thing, and a goldmine at that.
>>
>>82961409

It hasn't bombed and flopped yet.

The Transformers movies are universally shat out by critics, but they still make assloads of money.
>>
>>82963543

I only want the rights back so Marvel can stop excluding the Xmen and F4 from games.
>>
>>82961439
>GIVE IT TO MARVEL!!!

Fucking stop.
>>
>>82961409

>"cliched villain"
>everything else is quite fresh

so the MCU gives whole movies which are generic and that's alright? seriousy, these reviewers are biased towards every single movie that isn't "MUH QUIPS" and "MUH MCU". fuck this shit
>>
>>82963829
Just ignore "critics", man.
>TFA 92%
J O K E P R O F F E S I O N
>>
>>82963870

there are no real critics anymore. there are only haters and fanboys so it seems who think their opinion is supposed to count as a professional one

the saddest part is that a collective of these stupid-ass people form box office success with their stupid-ass opinions
>>
>>82963975
>>82963870
>>82963829

I suppose DoFP and First Class don't count. Jesus you guys are insane.
>>
>>82964278
>DoFP and First Class
Critics are retarded.
FC was middling and while DoFP was anazing, it only got the ratings it did due to nostalgiabaiting critics.
>>
>>82962172
>>82963153
>>82961439

Are Disneydrones 12 years old or just simply stupid fanboys?
Every thread is filled with those idiots who can't think outside of MUHVEL and MUH QUIPS

They are not giving the rights back, they don't need to, fuck off.
>>
>>82962172
THIS
H
I
S

They belong with Marvel Studios
>>
>>82963312
Jubilee is only in it for 30 seconds (had to make room for more JLaw).

Magneto's wife has more lines than Psylocke (psy has two lines). Magneto pulls a Vader NNNNOOOOOOO when she dies. Turns evil (again). Instantly forgiven for killing billions of people at end of movie.

JLaw is bored and shows in her performance. Mystique is the savior of mutant kind and the biggest hero ever.

Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.

Monuments destroyed.

Phoenix jean kills Apocalpse

Mister sinister end credits stinger
>>
>>82963720
Fox has had eight chances to make a good X-Men movie and continue to fuck it up. Every movie is "don't worry, te next movie will be the REAL X-Men movie. We promise!". Fuck Fox.
Give X-Men to someone who actually knows how to make movies (like Marvel Studios).
>>
>>82965467
you are forgeting that deadpool saved the x-franchise
>>
>>82965495
Ironically the only involvement Fox had in that was just making the budget reduced.
>>
>>82961485
This. The next X-Men movie will be over the top violent with lots of swearing and sex, but it won't be clever and it won't fit tonally.
>>
>>82965467
terrible godawful bait
>>
Let the guy who did Deadpool make the X-Men movies, Colossus and that teenage grils are better in Deadpool movie than any mutie in the Synger movies.
>>
>>82965546
It's not bait of it is True, Foxshill
>>
I honestly don't understand the backlash, it's not 10/10, but certainly fun to watch with plenty of humor and the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.
>>
>>82965836
>fun
gross
>>
Haven't watched it but probably won't.

I remember the commercials being on TNT during NBA playoff basketball, I was only half-watching but I had to stop because JLaw's "You're not students anymore" line was delivered so blandly that I had to stop and marvel at just how uncompelling her acting is.
>>
Keep X-men away. Let fox keep them for eternity for all I care.

But Bring F4.
>>
>>82961409
>flop
>on a memorial day weekend

your marveldrone is showing

at worst it will barely edge out Alice 2
>>
>>82965836
The whole thing is just tedious. It's like a worst of compilation of the other movies.

Oh, a bad guy plans to use Xaviers mind powers against the world...again.

Magneto's standing with the good guys and bad guys is tenuous...again.

The X mansion gets attacked...again.

Stryker has a plan focused on capturing mutants...again.

Mystique isn't sure of what she wants out of life...AGAIN!
>>
>>82961409
Soft reboot their continuity into *current year* with re-cast Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue. Have them fight Bastion.

They need to give the lead role to a character that can take criticism, and let Magneto rest the antagonic role at least once.
>>
>>82965836
>the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.
How to spot a paid Foxshill, ladies and gents.
He spreads lies about his boss's movie to make it seem better than it really is.
The Foxshill lies an says the focus of the movie is on JLaw, Magneto, and Prof X. The only Xkid who does anything really important is Jean Grey (and only does so as to set up the Phoenix for the sequel). The rest of the kids are poorly developed and hardly do anything cool (Jubilee was cut from the movie to make way for more JLaw and only has a few seconds of screentime).

Hopefully, if Deadpool 2 bombs, Marvel will get the rights back.
>>
>>82966069
>Edging out the billion dollar baby.

I'll take unlikely, for 400.
>>
>>82962746
Actually in the email leak Marvel gets full rights for spidey by 2020 or something like that in exchange for 12billion over time
>>
>>82966105
Marvel won't do shit with the X-men, they've been hating on them so hard these past years their judgement will be clouded by vile by the time they get them back.
This is not Spidey who they love and cherish despite how much they have to make him suffer. This is the franchise they've tried to divorce from the main line forever but haven't because they made shitloads of money and are Stan Lee's only genuine brainchildren.
>>
>>82966301

Eh, X-Men work better as their own universe honestly.
>>
>>82966301
Not expecting marvel to go all out to shame fox by making real X-men movie
>>
>>82966078
Repeating old tropes is what X-men is all about.
>>
File: tv-experts.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tv-experts.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>82961409
>So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

fuck off you retard.
>>
File: 1463699315524.gif (2MB, 492x276px) Image search: [Google]
1463699315524.gif
2MB, 492x276px
Quicksilver shitty camrip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmg8jCaOPs
>>
>>82961409
>An X-Men movie sucks
Was anyone surprised? The last good one was X-2
>>
>>82966461
*DoFP
>>
>>82963304
Beyond Dark Knight nearly every other comic book movie outside Marvel has done bad. If you're not able to understand this then you're not a intelligent person. Which explains why you started throwing age around, you're either a publicly educated american (peasant) or you're underage. Chances are still someone whose folks didn't give two shits about your education.
>>
>>82961409
i see Disney's plan is working
>>
>>82966497
terrible opinions bud
>>
>>82966478
>quicksilver is so overpowered he makes the rest of the movie pointless
You can't help all the people like this guys. Some people are just idiots.
>>
>>82966382
You mean Inhumans.
>>
The only one that felt truly X-men like to me was First Class. It was why I was so mad Singer came back.

He does a cool sequence and I'm left bored because I can't give a fuck about any character in the story.
>>
Magneto would ruin the value of Vibranium technology and Iron Man.
>>
>>82966520
No opinions needed. Other than Dark Knight, Marvel, and Watchmen none of the other hero movies have done well. Those are facts.

USA public education system is rated as one of the worse. Which explains people like yourself who are unable to tell the difference between facts and opinions.

Don't worry next you're going to be like Sheldon's Mom and say that's just my opinion. Which only furthers my point.
>>
as a Marvel kino fan, FUCK THE X-MEN

they literally add nothing, hardly any of them have origin stories

>i woke up like this

Pulverine steals all the spotlight despite being utter shit

People say Tony steals the spot light in the MCU but to be honest it's pretty fair, at least everyone else gets their own films or are major characters in multiple films, can you imagine a fox x-men film where cyclops beats wolverine like cap beat iron man?

Pullverine is Batman tier in that 9/10 x-men related things are about him

sick of those faggots, fox can keep them
>>
>>82966550
Yeah, he was a plot breaker.
>>
Best thing Fox can do is make the next X-Men more like Deadpool by making it X-Force instead.
You get:
>Violence, sex and drugs
>Deadpool in a team movie
>Loli Wolverine
>>
>>82966105
It's true that Jubilee does very little but Scott, Jean and Kurt all have plenty of weight in terms of plot, and they're absolutely adorable.

While it is pretty annoying that Jlaw is basically made into Mother Teresa meets Ghandi in terms of influence to mutantkind, they do at least use it intelligently, the only real shitty part is how she's basically the team leader giving pep talks the entire time and only stays blue for like five minutes worth of screen time.

In terms if fan service, the best part is either Sniktbub going on a mini rampage in full Weapon X outfit, with the batteries and modified helmet, or when Scott turns on his classic Cyclops visor in the danger room ending scene.
>>
>>82966425

this looks cheap yet fun as fuck.
>>
>>82966680
He totally steals the movie once again.
>>
>>82961409
If you thought DoFP was good you deserved this pile of shit. Such a clusterfuck of a movie
>>
>>82961409

How about you wait for people to actually see it?

Frankly, they should let other people direct.

Vaughn did decently with First Class, and honestly, so did Mangold with The Wolverine.

Though since Fox execs are the ones that push for certain recurring flaws in the franchise, they might never completely escape them.

Deadpool got lucky.

Depending on what happens to Deadpool 2, there might be a future for them yet, if they learn not to meddle too much.
>>
>>82966813
>Singer is bad
newfag opinion
>>
>>82966888
He is bad. Vaughn is better. The Russos are better. Singer and Snyder are shit.
>>
>>82966888
Vaughn was leagues better.
>>
File: original.jpg (49KB, 427x594px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
49KB, 427x594px
Guess who's directing the next X-men movie.
>>
>>82961439

Fuck off. Marvel doesn't need mutants.
>>
>>82966954
>>82966888
I'd say he's workmanlike.

He hasn't made anything truly great since The Usual Suspects. And that I suspect has more to do with Christopher McQuarry's script than his direction.
>>
Maybe they should drop Mystique as a main character and go back to focusing the actual X-men? Just stop pandering to the feminists who insist on having the female lead.
>>
>>82961439
They need f4.

X-men can stay where they are. Except maybe buy off the rights for the Imperial Guard/Shi'ar since we'll Never get bird hair otherwise.
>>
>>82962716

A thing I've seen mentioned that really bums me is that the movie aparently doesn't do anything interesting being set in the 80s.

Whatever flaws they had, FC and DOFP took advantage of their time frames.
>>
>>82967106
>A thing I've seen mentioned that really bums me is that the movie aparently doesn't do anything interesting being set in the 80s.

The mall stuff got cut from the theatrical telease.
>>
>>82966954
>>82966990
Vaughn's campy aethetic diesn't work with the X-Men. Also, he is a shit actor director. The scene with Mags moving the dish is really poorly acted, and he is usually a good actor.
>>
>>82967106
The movie doesn't even acknowledge the passage of time since First Class. Characters look exactly the same even though it's been years and the relative age that should exist between characters is ignored.
>>
File: 1463067612752.jpg (33KB, 221x237px) Image search: [Google]
1463067612752.jpg
33KB, 221x237px
>>82963870
>TFA
>bad
>Not the most universally welcome 7/10 ever.

Go back to your containment board /tv/
>>
>>82963259

That's really the problem.

They attempted a soft reboot with FC, but then decided to mix timelines in DOFP.

While this worked great, and gave closure to the fans of the originals, it really fucks up the narrative possibilities for the FC timeline going forward.

Magneto in particularly.

He's going to go on on more and more overt and outrageous genocidal attempts, and somehow we're supposed to still believe there's good in him and he can see the light down the line.
>>
>>82961409
How can it bomb/flop when it's not even out yet?

>Will they reboot the franchise?
No.

>Will they make a deal with Marvel Studios and have Wolverine show up at Infinity War?
Lol no.

Will JLaw Mystique get her own movie?
God I hope not.

At best it will probably put more pressure on Singer to make Phoenix better.
>>
>>82967276
get some taste retard
>>
>>82965495
They were actively trying to ruin that movie until the director and the studio came to an agreement after the budget cut

The agreement being that the studio would leave the director and other staff the fuck alone
>>
>>82967328
Get an original opinion, shitlord :^)
>>
>>82966399
That's bad, though
>>
>>82965385

>Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.

This. Why the fuck bother showing Mystique be the one to recover Wolverine from the river, if he's going to end up becoming Weapon X anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 540x540px
>>82967383
>original opinion
>liking LCD crap
>>
>>82965664

This really.

I'm sure the people behind that movie can do something more toned down, but still true to the setting and the characters.
>>
>>82967402
he can't be Wolverine without Weapon X
>>
>>82963720
>>82961439
>Fox forgets to tie it's shoes.
WELP! YOU DON'T DESERVE THOSE SHOES, BETTER GIVE THEM TO MARVEL!
>>
>>82965385
>Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.
That is pretty criminal seeing how it's the same director and only 2 years after DOFP.
>>
>>82965467
I don't even want them in the MCU because it would make everything a massive clusterfuck.
>>
>>82963072
>>82963233

No, FOX has the full rights and can make tv shows the same way that they make movies.

The approval/supervision thing is strictly speaking true but it's something they do on all their movies anyway, so it's not a big deal. It's just to make sure they don't do any pornos or cross it over with American Dad or whatever (because that would complicate the future rights situation - the assumption on all these leasing deals is that the property should come back at some point, and that it should be in good condition. It's a little like any rental agreement in that respect).

>>82966247
The email leak that happened before they agreed a deal? Yeah I'm sure that's still accurate.

Especially since the first Sony/Marvel Spider-Man movie isn't due until 2017, meaning the sequel can't happen until gosh 2019 probably later.

I don't doubt that they discussed it, but I wouldn't put any faith in the accuracy of those discussions to the final deal.
>>
>>82967206

I've heard they even have McAvoy lampshade how Moira hasn't aged a day.

WHY.jpeg
>>
>>82967496

Then why the fuck bother establishing new timelines?

Why have the scene with Mystique as Stryker at all?

They fucked up.
>>
>>82966638
>little but Scott, Jean and Kurt all have plenty of weight in terms of plot
They are all useless to the main plot except for Jean.
>and they're absolutely adorable
They are joyless and emo.

Just like Singer's other X-Men movies
>>
>>82968251
>They are joyless and emo.
>muh FUN
opinion discarded
>>
>>82961409
Reboot crossing Fantastic Four and X-Men.
>>
Come watch the superior film.

Civil War

swimelodeon.com
>>
>>82963153
Fucking hell, not Dark Phoenix saga again! Aren't there any other major X-Men story lines left to plunder?
>>
>>82965385
The worst part of Jubilee's role is that she was in the car coming back from Return of the Jedi with JG, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Yet instead of hiding in the building's wreckage from Stryker like the other three, she somehow ends up being amongst those left behind and missing out on the second half of the film. They could've least made up some excuse as to why she stayed behind.

I found Psylocke's cleavage distracting. Also, my lore is failing me here, but isn't she supposed to be British?
>>
What did you colonials think of Sophie's American accent?
>>
>>82965697
But it's not true, Disney shill.
>>
File: wut.png (206KB, 749x318px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
206KB, 749x318px
>>82962882
How tho?
>>
File: 1430583117563.jpg (8KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1430583117563.jpg
8KB, 300x199px
>>82961439

>Trusting Disney with Deadpool
>>
>>82966069
Last year's top Memorial Day Weekend gross was Tomorrowland, which finished on $200m worldwide.

Followed by Pitch Perfect 2 (about $280m) and Max Max: Fury Road (about $370m), and Poltergeist (about $90m) with the fifth spot headed up by Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4bn).

Of the top five grossing movies that weekend, Tomorrowland and Poltergeist were the only new releases.

Alice will probably do well, given how well the last one did; it's a classic story with a lot of appeal across different demos. I'm not completely convinced a movie about a mass murderer and the paramilitary team of children who have to stop him because a woman with an incredibly unconvincing Scottish accent woke him up will do that well on Memorial Day Weekend by comparison. It's not a question of tone, it's a question of themes.

>>82966078
It's a Shadow King movie rather than an Apocalypse movie, too. If you were hoping for some ridiculous power levels shit to introduce Cable and all the other crap they're promising... forget it.
>>
>>82969624
On 16 reviews XMA was down in the high 20s. That's going to pick up again.
>>
>>82968409
Their contracts with marvel forbid crossovers
>>
I wish mods would prune eany thread that starts with a rotten tomatoes pic this isnt /tv/ discussing cape movies is okay but bringing up movie rating website like this is fuckin awful
Tl; dr go back to /tv/
>>
>>82961409
So what happens if deadpool 2 and new mutants are both good?
>>
>>82971713
>go back to /tv/

Do I have to? They're all a bunch of antisocial /pol/ cast offs.
>>
>>82971764
In a competent company? Execs would realize taking the spotlight away from the main character dilutes the product and have a Cyclops centric movie instead of shoving fat cow and huge jackedman for pity points.

But this is Fox.
>>
>>82962172
We can only hope.
>>
>>82965467
>being this retarded
>>
>>82967089
Is this a joke? Even Scott gets more time and development than mystique and the movie is literally fan service: the movie.

There is nothing feminist in the movie. In fact some sjws are already complaining about all the tits and ass shots
>>
>>82972987
Feminazis would complain the scum manifiesto talks too much about men.
>>
>>82967585
>Fox forgets to tie it's shoes
>falls and kills a baby
>does this eight times
>"DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GET THESE SHOES RIGHT NEXT TIME, WE SWEAR"
>>
>>82974008
And yet doFPis higher rated than any other mcu prduct.

Uh what? You dont trust rt now?

Not being the movie you want doesnt nake them bad
>>
>>82961409
It's ironic, they had a scene where the crew leave Star Wars RotJ an they make a jab at X3 by saying the third movie is always the worst one. And X-Men Apocalypse is the worst one of the First Class saga (and third movie in the universe). It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>82966601
AVX
>>
>>82974008
They literally got it right with Deadpool with small shit like X-costumes & that was with a fraction of the budget. They'll fire Singer's pedo ass for him. He'll be the Russo to Singer's Whedon.
>>
>>82975556
I don't wanna pick on the X-Men movies too much cause I still like X2, FC, and DoFP, but the costume design has always been atrocious. This is so much better.
>>
File: 11000.png (105KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
11000.png
105KB, 246x275px
>>82966577
>tfw I love First Class the most, even though DOFP is a better movie
>>
>>82975556
No, they'll blame Apocalypse's failure on not enough Magneto and JLaw. Next X-Men will have more Magneto and JLaw while Rightclops is pushed to the side (again). And they will bring back the """"""classic""""" black leather outfits because it worked for the old movie right?
At most, they will take from Deadpool that auidiences want more gore.
>>
>>82975704
DoFP made me angry with how much Magneto got away with and how petty and stupid he was.

Xavier's got no excuse for not turning his brain into a baked potato the first chance he gets.
>>
Nightcrawler was pretty good, I hope the kid can keep the role for future movies, it surprised me sincea he looked the worst from pics before the movies.
They use him a lot, in the same way Magik gets used a lot for her teleportation discs in the comics.
>>
>>82962548
>but the X-Men never really even worked well in the comics alongside the Avengers for example
An O5 X-character is literally one of the most beloved Avengers ever to be in the roster.
>>
>>82975788
>failure
Its a low budget movie with salaries not even close to whatever RDJ asked for CW. It probably does huge profits just at 600m.
>>
>>82975934
Magneto literally kills millions of people in this movie.

He gets away with it...again. The only thing I didnt like about the movie.
>>
>>82961409
Deadpool Cinematic Universe
>>
>>82974729
Why are you tripfagging, tripshit?
>>
>>82967276
>TFA isn't bad because I don't want it to be
Shut the fuck up. That movie was absolute garbage and you're being an apologist.
>>
>>82963674
What games?
>>
>>82976546
he posts on bleeding cool
>>
As much as I like Fassbender Im getting pretty fucking tired of seeing Magneto. Also forget that Marvel revert shit right now, because the X Men are fine where they are. Marvel should get F4 however
>>
>>82965530
>clever
>>
>>82963674
They could make a videogame universe with the rights they already have and probably get even more money and merchandising than they would get from the movies.

They just dont care. Marvel and Disney dropped the console games for mobile shit. Its not related at all with the Fox's rights.
>>
>>82976571
Yeah I only watch spacekino like Moon and Sunshine.
>>
File: 1463067515760.jpg (166KB, 509x545px) Image search: [Google]
1463067515760.jpg
166KB, 509x545px
>>82976571
It's not terrible anon, it never will be terrible.
>>
>>82963318
>Way lower budget
>$234 Million
>>
>>82963318
They can keep the X-Men.
I want the Fantastic 4.
>>
Is it me or does every X Men movie seem like a reboot now? I know DOFP was canonically one, but between First Class and Apocalypse's new cast it seems like shit never gets going
>>
>quicksilver saves every mutant in the school under one second
>stryker shows up and defeat him and the others like it was nothing with those guns
>>
>>82977443
I kind of miss MCU Quicksilver
>>
>>82977269
Considering RDJ charges 50m per movie and they have little marketing compared to Marvel, yes, 234m is cheap. Its on the lower end of blockbuster action movies.
>>
>>82966425
hey man, video's been FOX'd.
>>
It's kinda funny that Psylocke has her classic 90's look, and Apocalypse for the most part looks close to his comic counterpart, but the xmen themselves are still with the fucking black leather
>>
>>82977361
Well, Apocalypse seems like the first movie of a new trilogy rather than the last of the current one. At least they sort of tie up Magneto and Xavier trilogy arc.

>>82977443
He wasn't paying attention. And he is not perfect. He also got fucked hard by Apocalypse.

I wonder how the next villain will survive a Quicksilver attack. Apocalypse survived it and could counter attack because his powerlevel was insane, it literally took a cosmic entity and an Apocalypse powered Magneto to kill him. But anything less than an Apocalypse level mutant will get fucked good by Quicksilver if he goes savage as he went for the big blue guy.

I think they will go against Protheus or Phoenix because anything else, even Sinister would be raped by QS.
>>
>>82977639
Did we watch the same movie? They have some blue and gray armors from weapon X and none of it was leather.

At the end of the movie they get the classic suits and again, none of them is black.
>>
>>82977354
this. At this point the MCU has marched to far ahead to suddenly turn around and go; oh btw, mutants are a thing now, even though they were never mentioned and we already introduced the Inhumans, aka MutantsLite. I'm sure having shared custody of Spiderman alone is a headache enough, at this point they would probably tell FOX to go away if they approached them with mutants. I'm fine with the mutants having their own universe, feels alright tbqh
>>
>>82966371
this meme needs to die
>>
>>82977799
I actually agree with him. X Men has enough to work on its own.
>>
>>82977720
At most they might use Huge Jackedman as in he jumped universes through a portal just for this movie and at the end he goes back to his world.

Anything else than this is not happening. Ever.

They could still make X-men videogames and have their own videogame universe with all the franchises they dont have the movie rights.
>>
>>82977799
X-men are a cancer that ruin the marvel universe. You cant justify anymore people hating them but loving every other meta human.

And if they finally go past that then most of the X-characters will become useless and aimless like Scott, Xavier and Magneto if their universe didnt hate mutants.
>>
>>82977879
Hugh Jackman is not coming back after Wolverine 3.
>>
>>82977799
It's not a meme. Needing/Wanting dumb Cap/Wolverine banter is.

To think X-Men could have easily been wasted on these Disney cartoons and yet it wasn't...maybe there is a god.
>>
>>82977799
It's true tho. Like other anons have pointed out, its weird as fuck for the general public to love the shit out of heroes like the Fantastic Four, Spiderman and Daredevil whilst hating on the X-Men when they're really not that much weirder than the aforementioned heroes.
I mean c'mon Scott Summers, a totally normal dude who shoots punchbeams from his eyes is despised whilst the freak who can crawl silently into your bedroom and suffocate you with webbing in your sleep is celebrated by the general public? That shit makes zero sense

Also, it would give their adventures a bit more weight knowing that if they fuck up there's no SHIELD or Avengers team to save them and the world. It really raises the stakes when you think about it
>>
>>82961409
Watch it for yourself, anon. I did and I think it's pretty great.
>>
>>82977443
That's the great flaw in his character. as cool as his scenes are, they make it so the writers have to come up with more and more bullshit reasons why he can't defeat the threat by himself. For the sake of the narrative, he shouldn't exist!
>>
>>82978099
For the right amount of money and for the cameo on Avengers he always wanted he will. If Fox's let him of course. But thats the most you will get. A single character from the FOX universe jumping into the MCU universe for a single movie.

QS probably would fit better the MCU universe for a single dimensional traveling movie cameo.
>>
>>82978325
Except he goes full supersonic berserker on Apocalypse but he starts watching in super speed and rekts him hard.

The next villain will be an issue because he will either have to be a powerhouse like Apocalypse or just write QS off the fight.
>>
>>82963237
I think it does if people are already on the edge of wanting to see it. This movie is the third large-scale superhero movie in a very short period. A good score might have convinced people to see it, whereas normally they'd be tired of these kinds of movies for a while. But since it didn't get DoFP-tier reviews, it won't get that boost.

Transformers are usually considered terrible by audiences, but there isn't much competition in giant robot movies, so if someone wanted to see that kind of movie, they'd be more willing to see one that isn't really considered very good.
>>
>>82978199
If it was great then it wouldn't have a lower RT score than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man now would it, Paid Fox Employee?

Besides, why watch this trash when you could watch real Capekino like Captain America Civil War hmmm?
>>
>>82965530
Well in terms of patterns the next X-Men movie should be a 90s period piece.
So that'd fit tonally pretty perfectly desu.
>>
>>82978682
*The Amazing Spider-Man
>>
>>82978419
>QS's leg still hasn't recovered in the next movie

S O L V E D
O
L
V
E
D
>>
>the fight with the horseman last for like 3 minutes

They wasted most of the characters in the movie.
>>
>>82978419
https://a.pomf.cat/vnuffz.webm
>>
>>82978682
Because I already watched Civil War.

Why everything must be a console war for you mcudrone? When one of your shit comedies get released you make like 300 threads but god forbid we discuss this movie in a single and humble thread here. Not with the MCU police around!
>>
>>82978338
>A completely different Quicksilver cameoing in the MCU
Because that wont confuse the fuck out of the audience. Fact is X Men dont belong in the MCU because its a huge pain in the ass
>>
>>82978806
>https://a.pomf.cat/vnuffz.webm
Do you have the rape scene?
>>
File: dex vs str+int.webm (3MB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
dex vs str+int.webm
3MB, 640x298px
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet.
>>
>>82978835
You could at least get a scene out of Scarlet Witch and him.
>>
>>82978974
Forget it anon, its not happening, we dont need the X Men in the MCU. How about instead we focus on making the X Men good? The only thing people want from FOX in terms of deal making is the Fantastic 4
>>
>>82978966
jesus that looks dumb.
>>
>>82978966
>those effects
*vomits internally*
>>
>>82978825
How about you tell your bosses to stop raping the X-Men franchise, fire that pedo Singer, give the rights back to Marvel Studios, then kill themselves, Fox Employee?
>>
>>82978966
Ive seen better speed effects on The Flash
>>
>>82979073
>Complains fast guy doesnt use his powers
>Complains when he actually does it because looks goofy as shit but thats howd a superspeed beatdown would look
>>
>>82979210
No. Better yet I will tell them they use Deadpool money to pay for more Singer movies and his twink whores.

Never ever drone.

BvS > X men > CW
>>
>>82979242
I think it's the speed-up slow-down thing.

Doesn't look as good as a single slow-mo sequence like in the last movie and reminds people too much of Snyder.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82978966
Okay, you should never have a seen in a movie where your big, intimidating villain makes a face like this.

This belongs in a cartoon.

Even if your movie is a comedy, or has heavily comedic elements, you don't make the villain make a silly face.

Remember Ronan? Remember how he wasn't a clown?
>>
>>82961409
>officially bombed and flopped
It hasn't even been released yet in any country that matters. No one cares if it tanks in Azerbaijan.
Also, RT has never influenced my film watching decisions ever. If you've ever looked at their list of the top films, it's pure leddit. If I like the preview and description of a movie, I'll watch it and make my own judgement.
>>
>>82979442
Worst Ronan had was a confused face at Peter
>>
>>82978966
Is Apocalypse suppose to be a bitch?
>>
Best Apocalypse is 90s animated Apocalypse
>>
>>82979720
Apocalypse has always sucked.
>>
>>82979795
So have the X Men movies
>>
>>82978966
Who the fuck is that Pidgin there for?

Is there a sect of Chinamen who only know Latin Letters?
>>
>>82978966
That's pathetic. I knew Apocalypse was a bit of a jobber in the comics, but it it usually this bad?
>>
>>82962172
I would rather never see an Xmen movie again then see them in the Disney Quipiverse
>>
>>82963153
god damn disneykids are delusional
>>
>Disney
>Disney
>Disney

Ever notice how criticisms aimed at directors like Snyder or Singer, which implies that the people doing the criticizing have specific beefs which are the direct responsiblity of these people, are met with a bunch of pancakefag memery?
>>
>>82961409
>bombed and flopped
My dude, even BvS made it's money back.
>>
>>82981060

It needed 900m+ to do that.

So no, it didn't.
>>
>>82965664
Deadpool was shit you fucking 13 year old
>>
File: 1Capture.png (973KB, 768x918px) Image search: [Google]
1Capture.png
973KB, 768x918px
>>82961409
>>
>>82979212
No, not you didnt. Sweet dreams scene is literally miles ahead than any other action scene this year.

>>82979442
If they make them super serious you complain its grimdark, if they put a bit of comedy its also bad, because only marvel can do comedy!

Apocalypse movie was a perfect mix of campiness, seriousness, action and comedy. Much better balanced than the airport scene.
>>
>>82982048
>CW tought provoking
>Apocalypse cliche villain, literally the first powerhouse enemy for the X-men franchise and whose superpower is actually the gift of charlatanry, something also rarely seen on cape movies

>>
>>82982168
>>Apocalypse cliche villain, literally the first powerhouse enemy for the X-men franchise and whose superpower is actually the gift of charlatanry, something also rarely seen on cape movies
And it boiled down to "I'm going to kill all humans and make a world where I reign supreme"

Which was Magneto's plan in X2, and Shaw's plan in First Class. So yeah, that IS cliche for this franchise.
>>
>>82967089
Just recast her with a decent actress.

I don't care if Jlaw won an Oscar that one time, she's a shit actress and a petulant brat.
>>
File: 1463332827895.jpg (20KB, 249x276px) Image search: [Google]
1463332827895.jpg
20KB, 249x276px
>>82982092
>If they make them super serious you complain its grimdark, if they put a bit of comedy its also bad, because only marvel can do comedy!
No, I don't, because I'm not a ridiculous caricature.

Having comedy in your movie is fine, but when your villain is supposed to be intimidating, you don't make him buffoonish.

You don't make him a comical figure or put him into farcical situations.

Again, look at Ronan.

Ronan was never anything less than serious in a movie otherwise trimmed with comedy.
>>
>>82979898
>Jobber

That isn't jobbing, Quicksilver literally only gets some punches in because of his powers allows to take Apocalypse by surprise, and it lasts only for few punches until Apocalypse is able stop Peter in his tracks, after which he breaks Quicksilver's leg. Then Apocalypse proceeds to take on, and effortlessly blocking an simultanous attack from Magneto, Cyclops, Xavier (fighting him on the psychich level) and Beast, without as much as a drop of sweat and curbstomping everyone until Jean goes full Pheonix on him and even then it still requires additional help from other people to properly defeat him.
>>
>>82983343
I saw the leg break, I just wouldn't expect Quicksilver to be able to knock Apocalypse around that easily at first, until Apocalypse got control of the situation.
>>
>>82983429
Quicksilver is ridiculously OP in these movies, given how his powers work, ie. time is super slow to him. After the first punch Apocalypse is in the air the whole time and it takes a moment for Apocalypse to catch up to QS' speed and once that is accomplished, Quicksilver is immediately down. It's nothing more than Quicksilver throwing some lucky punches that virtually do nothing in terms of damage beyond throwing Apocalypse off balance.
>>
>>82982092
Did we watch the same video? Because pinballcalpyse there was fucking shit
>>
>>82983903

Without context anything can look awful. It works well in the movie.
>>
>>82966703
The only characters who do anything in the movie for an extended time are Quicksilver and Wolverine and also lol at that "Quicksilver could just have kicked Apocalypse's ass by himself" fuck you moment

...Then again, I guess it is good that it got addressed
>>
File: 1463798287348.jpg (147KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463798287348.jpg
147KB, 766x960px
>>82982092
>bit of comedy
That's not a bit of comedy, that's a farce involving the End of the World tier villain.

That's not where the comedy belongs.

In first class, there was a scene with Wolverine telling Chuck and Mags to fuck off. That's funny.

Magneto didn't defeat Kevin Bacon, the ex-nazi psychopath, by making him slip on a banana peel.

Levity belongs where it belongs.
>>
>>82967792
It's true lol
>>
>>82979447
Came to the thread to say this. I miss the internet before the brits came.
>>
>>82979675
>Is Apocalypse suppose to be a bitch?
yes
>>
>>82984233
>That's not a bit of comedy, that's a farce involving the End of the World tier villain.

My theater disagrees, everybody loved it.
>>
>>82963720
No you stop FOX.

You're an embarrassment. Give the fuck up and admit defeat.
>>
>>82984410
My theater loved BvS and Bayformers 3.

People have shit-taste. News at 11.
>>
>>82962172
Why would anyone this? Colossus in Deadpool is exactly what MCU X-Men would be, that was the joke.
>>
>>82985012
>Colossus in Deadpool is exactly what MCU X-Men would be, that was the joke
What? No, the joke is that Colossus is a caricature of old school heroics, where everything is is vague and empty moralizing buzzwords. His personality doesn't map on to any of the modern incarnations of any comicbook movie, even Captain America. For all his pretty speeches and moral bluster, the MCU Captain is a lot more down to Earth and less platitude spouting than any Golden Age hero.

Colossus is just a classic hero to contrast to Deadpool's severe anti-heroism. That's it, that's the joke.
>>
>>82961409
It's a good movie. Seriously fuck off.
You don't like X-Men, you don't care about the X-Men, you just want Disney to have a monopoly on capes. Kill yourself, or god help me, I will help you.
>>
>>82965467
No.
>>
>>82965132
and what then?
how are they going to explain mutants?
not to mention that Wolverine in Avengers = blasphemy.
>>
>>82972595
Only if you really HATE the X-Men.
Otherwise, kill yourself
>>
>>82984516
I remember that people have "good taste" only if they eat the shit that mcu produces. Good to know
>>
>>82982592
Yeah, Ronan sucked. Just like Gotg
>>
>>82982048
Yeah. I monitored the rating.
Apocalypse got bad reviews on start, and before the premiere. Otherwise it was in 60% zone. Nothing to see here.

>>82982224
And why it's a bad thing?
>>
>>82982592
Ronan sucked as a character though. He was barely more interesting than the Dark Elves from Thor 2.
>>
>>82980252
Gee, I wonder who would profit from BvS and X-Men bombing? Probably nobody? I mean, it's not like they are a competition or anything, right?

>>82963153
The saddest thing is that you are doing it for free.
Disney programmed you very well.
>>
>>82987345
>>82987354
>>82987364
>>82987380
>>82987400
>>82987410
>>82987420
>>82987439
>last post before these was hours ago
>all of a sudden a bunch of angry posts defending the movie and shitting on MCU
>except for this post >>82987428, all are almost exactly one minute apart
>poster count not going up either
Has there ever been a more obvious samefag? Though, I'm trying to decide if that's better or worse than making a huge, multi-post reply post that hits the character limit.
>>
I don't understand people. Marvel couldn't properly make a Civil War, yet they think they would do a GOOD X-Men movie?

If you want a mcu X-Men, you have Last Stand and Origins and Deadpool.
>>
>>82987479
Yeah, I replied to a lot of folks. I watched the movie yesterday. You are hypocrites. I'm not saying that Apocalypse was great, it was 7/10 movie, but I hate disneyshills. I don't think you are one, but you shouldn't defend marvel.

That's it from me.
>>
>>82987484
I'd rather have Fox with X-Men and the F4 rights back to MCU. Last thing it needs is another reboot like Spider-Man, who funny enough is getting younger and younger.
>>
>>82961409
>bombed and flopped.

It has done neither you fucking retard. It's not even out yet.
>>
>>82987517
I agree. F4 belongs to MCU. Albeit I wouldn't mind FF/X-Men crossover.
>>
>>82987542
It's just doom pauling/company war baiting. I do predict that it will earn as much or less but agreeable than DOFP.
>>
>>82987546
With current FF?

No please. Wasn't the after credits scene somthing with X-Men though?
>>
>>82987484
If Marvel properly made Civil War it would have been terrible. The Civil War we got was amazing unlike the ham-fisted comic book event.

For the record Last Stand, Origins and Deadpool were all made by Fox, so no matter how damning a comparison you try to make with Marvel by using them you're only making Fox look that much worse.
>>
What are the odds they reboot the FF by doing an Onslaught adaptation next?
>>
>>82987638
>Blah blah blah, I suck dick for a living
I don't remember Stark creating Ultron, Bruce having an affair with Black Widow, or Hawkeye having a family, you know? Not to mention Ant-Man.

But somehow, it's not a big deal.

Meanwhile, everything else is a big deal.
>>
>>82987702
That's Age of Ultron not Civil War
>>
>>82987501
Fair enough.

The X-men movies have always been lukewarm to me, though the MCU have not really been much better. Probably the only one that has really stuck with me is GotG. And Iron Man, but I'm not sure that counts given its position as the Granddaddy of the MCU.

It's just interesting to compare MCU movies to others. A troubled Fox production gives us Fant4stic, and a troubled Marvel production gives us Antman. Regardless of one's opinion on Antman, its unarguably a better movie than Fant4stic. I'd even consider it a good movie. Not a great one, but a solid piece of entertainment, which is honestly an achievement given the shit it went through.

Would Wright's vision, had it been allowed to fruition been a great movie, or even just a better one? Even if he'd gone through with his plans of making Hank a villain and destroying a huge chunk of the US? I don't know. Maybe. But circumstances interfered, and not entirely on Marvel or Wright's end, and we still got a good movie.

BvS may not have been bad, I haven't seen it and won't comment on its overall quality, but it simply never interested me as much as CW after MoS. I liked CW. I also thought it was good. It, and GotG before it, actually shows you can introduce a bunch of heroes without throwing the entire movie out of whack. BvS was pretty dumb with its youtube videos of the rest of the league, and ASM2 completely beefed it.

I don't particular care about the MCU as some sort of brand to defend. And I don't think they should take over X-men or even that X-men is doing so bad that it's a feasible idea to entertain. Deadpool was great, I loved it. A true win for Fox, no matter what else is going on. All I know, is that the MCU keeps making okay to good movies I enjoy (except Thor), while everyone else aside from the X-men movies is still fucking up trying to blatantly imitate or distance themselves from it. Either way, the MCU is dominating and everyone else is just fucking letting them.
>>
The costumes and character designs in this movie are just plain terrible. Apocalypse is even worse on the big screen then in stills.
>>
It was good though, Quicksilver is GOAT
>>
>>82987990
If he had Mr. Mannhattan eyes for most of the scenes, it would be better.

I did like the ending costumes but sadly I doubt they'll be using those in the future, and would just have them fight in civilian clothes.
>>
Blame it on Fass, McAvoy and Lawrence(rightfully), and keep going with the young team, next, set in the 90s.
And work around Deadpool for current time.
>>
>>82988062
I like how his character is being "the fastest, laziest guy" while still having some more personality than Cyclops.
>>
>>82988062
I'm just glad MCU Quicksilver wasn't alive to see this abortion of a movie.
>>
>>82988075
I was honestly expecting the credits scene to be Deadpool stealing Beast's jet, but then I remembered that he belonged in the Iphone era.
>>
>>82988092
Apocalypse>AoU.

I liked both Quicksilvers but I hated how Joss killed MCU's so early. Both were best buddies in Kickass too.
>>
>>82988120
I've seen both and as much as I hated AoU I'll take it over Apocalypse any day.
>>
>>82988120
I've seen this thrown around a lot. I don't think Joss wanted to kill him, the executives wanted someone dead and he killed the least interesting character. The MCU already has a bunch of loveable dickheads in Stark and to a lesser extent in Hawkeye, so he picked the lesser of two evils.

Quicksilver doesn't have a lot to offer and at least gave pathos to Wanda. It's very hard to not power creep with speedsters, and Quicksilver doesn't bring a lot of new things.
>>
>>82988211
No it was Joss Whedon who wanted him dead. He even filmed an alernate ending where Quicksilver lived just in case Marvel wouldn't let him kill him off.
>>
File: 4chan sucks.png (148KB, 618x594px)
4chan sucks.png
148KB, 618x594px
>>82961409
it's literally been out for about twelve seconds, you fucking faggot.
>>
i liked Apocalypse much more then Civil war or BvShit . Its entertaining movie without forcing quips every 5 seconds.
and quicksilver scene alone better then both
>>
>>82988254
you mean this cringeworthy scene? >>82978966
>>
>>82988211
Quicksilver would've given more development to Scarlet Witch or their past rather than letting her just be ship bait to Vision.
>>
>>82988254
What forced quips were there in Civil War, give me exact instances.
>>
>>82988230
Something something burgers burgers thinking they're the only ones that matter clap clap clap

Or does RT only take from American reviews and audiences? I actually hadn't thought of that. I don't recall what happened with other major comic movies released worldwide before the US.
>>
>>82988285
It wasn't cringeworthy when you watch the movie. Most of his scenes had him doing OP shit while that shot simply showed that he was lucky in punches but they hardly did any damage to Apocalypse, and served more of a distraction.
>>
>>82988228
Well then disregard that part.

I maintain that it wasn't a negative of the movie, in the script at least.

I have this problem with AoU where I think that the general script isn't terrible, and is actually pretty good, but they should've hired a better director to skip the quips during filming and to better balance the scenes.

Widow + Banner actually kind of makes sense for both characters to at least entertain (which they do in the movie, they are just flirting around and decide not to do anything about it), but it was directed terribly and cut terribly.

The farm and the dream sequences are also nice touches and would have added a lot of characterization. They should've cut the Seoul sequence or just have Hulk go on rampage there if they wanted the Asian market. It adds nothing to the movie, structurally.

>>82988291
Nah, Wanda is great on her own in CW. Even without Vision she goes through a nice little arc. Quicksilver would just be a quippy cockblocker in any regard.
>>
>>82988285
No faggot , sweet dreams scene
>>
>>82988338
AoU could be so easily fixed by re-edditing the fucking movie I don't know why they haven't bothered as an extended cut or something.
>>
>>82988338
>QS would be a quippy cockblocker

Did he quip a lot in AoU though? The only memorably funny scene I remember was him with the AK telling everyone to get out.
>>
>>82988310
>METAL ARM . THATS AWESOME DUDDE
>>
>>82987987
That's very nice, but you should consider the following.

X-Men in the MCU = 90s again.
No GotG, no Ant-Man, no Captain Marvel, no Black Panther. Everyone is either a mutant or Avenger.

I agree that F4 should be in MCU, and it will, it's a matter of time. It will certainly happen.

As long as X-Men are away from MCU, capefilms will thrive. If they merge, the bubble will burst. You can cap this.

Even captcha agrees: 333. half satan
>>
>>82988371
No but he's generally written in that cocky archetype that Tony Stark is. And his point of view adds very little. Even Hawkeye becomes more interesting by being a human amidst gods and whatnot.

I prefer him as pathos-fodder to Wanda than just another guy running around.

Just because they Can have him, it doesn't mean they should.
>>
>>82968570
Cassandra Nova

But MCU got the only woman who can play her already, based Tilda
>>
>>82988380
It was in character for awkward Spider-Man. Also it wasn't a quip.
>>
>>82988380
Oh, you mean that line which was in the fucking commercials so somebody who didn't even go to see the Movie could cite it as an example.

You mean that line delivered by a character who's canon comic persona is someone who makes quips all the time while fighting people?

I don't think you understand what "forced" means.
>>
>>82988291
>>
>>82969624
This was brought out to die. Disney can take it if it flops, and they probably want to do a live-action version themselves starting with a young Alice.

Disney Live Action Cinematic Universe will be a thing.
>>
>>82988380
> I didn't watch the movie so let me cite something that was easily viewable in the commercials and promotional material even though it technically wasn't a quip or "forced"
>>
>>82988467
movie is literally leaked how could not i watched. i have 5.5 gb version in my laptop
>>
>>82988228
Goddamn it Whedon

Here's hoping for a resurrection down the line. Isn't ATJ contracted for more movies?
>>
>>82988503
Then why was the only example you cited not even a quip, but a line delivered by a character who it's perfectly acceptable to be quipping (i.e. not forced) and from the promotional footage?

>>82988514
Yes, we can probably expect him to return during Infinity War.
>>
>>82988514
Yeah, but so is the kid from Iron Man 3 and Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving.

Neither of them is returning, necessarily, it's more of an insurance thing.
>>
>>82988641
I hope they recast Natalie with Chris's wife
>>
>>82988641
Hugo Weaving has expressed interest in returning now that all the executive meddlers are gone from Marvel Studios.
>>
File: 12.png (161KB, 259x250px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
161KB, 259x250px
>>82988514
>resurrection
Am I the only one who didn't want any resurrection?
>>
>>82988735
I just wish there was at least one death in Civil War.
>>
>>82988405
I think maybe you missed the part where I don't think the MCU should take over the X-men movies.

I don't really think it would change much, honestly, and I don't think any one but the money counters would care to (and they're probably thinking it'll cost more than its worth to attempt it anyway). My point was more about why I like what I'm getting from the MCU to answer the guy who virulently hates it.

Besides, of all the other franchises out there, the X-men are the only ones managing to successfully do their own thing in a sea of people both trying to blatantly imitate the MCU success and universe and also trying to blatantly distance themselves from it. Spider-Man was doing okay for awhile, but then they reached too far with ASM2 and got super spooked with the leaks. Now the MCU has gobbled it up and probably turning a hungry eye to Fantastic 4.

The Snyder-verse is monetarily successful, yes, and has its defenders who have their points, but I doubt its doing anywhere near what its creators or investors wanted it to be. I bet there's a lot of heated discussions over it in the boardrooms because of both it not meeting expectations AND not actually shit enough to justify tossing aside.

For some reason, the MCU has managed to make a production line of its movies that also tends to turn out some amount of enjoyable quality. That's probably not great for the nebulous idea of "capeshit movie potential," but as movies I go to the theater to see? I like it.

I'd also like it if other franchises could stop falling on their faces and give Marvel something to worry about for once. BvS moved its date to not compete with Civil War, specifically to a dead zone of releases. To make this clear, a Batman and Superman movie was put up against an adaptation of Marvel's CIVIL FUCKING WAR, one of the dumbest events ever that made Marvel insufferable for years

AND THE BATMAN AND SUPERMAN MOVIE BLINKED!
>>
>>82988766
No death in CW was the way to go.

Any of the players death would either have to overshadow the climatic twist, being a more recent death, or they'd just ignore it and make it like Quicksilver's.

The climax of the movie is how both parties react to their dispute going forward, killing one would martyrize him, and rob us of his development going forward.
>>
>>82988794
>tfw Fantastic 4 is still a long shot to come back
>>
The intro was probably one of my favorite cape scenes.
>>
>>82988766
>>82988851
There have been, perhaps, oddly, too many death's in the MCU already, mostly on the villain side. Which is frankly typical for cape movies up until now.

CW may not necessarily been the place to have it not happen, though. Still, it serves a bit as a point about how your close friends dying is not the only terrible thing that can happen in a conflict.
>>
>>82988794
Lol, you have to be delusional to think that it wouldn't change anything. X-books are still best-sellers, despite no promotion, no anything.

X-Men in MCU = dead anything else.
You shouldn't want X-Men back, if you like Ant-Man, Gotg, Black Panther. Seriously.
>>
I cant believe there are people who want X-Men Disney Channel action comedies. It would go against everything Claremont ever did.
>>
>>82989153
Right, but if, say, Rhodey died, then the whole last act of the movie would be out of place (since Rhodey should be more important to tony for recency's sake) and there'd be no gut punch that would top it.
>>
File: 1458841508891.jpg (256KB, 974x1104px)
1458841508891.jpg
256KB, 974x1104px
Apocalypse version when?
>>
File: 1463468977316.gif (3MB, 640x266px)
1463468977316.gif
3MB, 640x266px
So the MCU is the only people we can go to for good cape flicks huh? Great.
>>
File: apoc.jpg (531KB, 1400x1560px) Image search: [Google]
apoc.jpg
531KB, 1400x1560px
>>82989738
>>
>>82989794
That's a good start, within a week we could make it better though.
>>
>>82989794
You need to have something about rights reverting back to Marvel something or other.

Also something about people defending it as a low budget block buster.
>>
>>82989198
I will shill, I won't lie, but X-Men should never be a part of MCU

Anyone who agrees is free to call me a faggot
>>
>>82989794
I'm sure "Complains about lack of Deadpool" and FassxAvoy won't be crossed.
>>
These cape movie threads really should be forced over to /tv/ or have its own board. These kinds of threads are really just cancerous at this point
>>
>>82989794
Funny thing is that there is not enough Mystique. Its a good thing obviously but she is a secondary character with no relevance.

>>82989886
Its lower budget than BvS and CW. It wanst meant to be a 1b movie.
>>
>>82989961
Nah.

It's more cancerous at /tv/. Trust me, I've tried.
>>
File: 12335654869.jpg (55KB, 268x240px)
12335654869.jpg
55KB, 268x240px
>>82961409
I seriously do not get the Apocalypse hate.
I had more fun with it than Civil War. As did both people I went to see it with. As did a friend I met up with yesterday.
How the FUCK can you watch that last 15 minutes alone and not come out beaming? Never mind the roller coaster of action, grandeur and feels that came before it?
>>
>>82990052
America hasn't gotten it yet, so most are just parroting or trolling than having their own opinions.

I enjoyed Civil War more than it, but enjoyed Apocalypse more than BvS.
>>
>>82990052
Only Disney. Everything else is an abomination.
Otherwise, I agree with you. Apocalypse had numerous FLAWS, but it was a fun movie.
I can accuse this movie of many things, that it was dumb sometimes, but at least, for the first time, it was fun.

For the first time in capeshit history, we got a fun X-Men movie. And it's going to be the most vilified movie. The very same people who shit on the movie, but didn't watch it, will say that they want MCU X-Men. It's fucking disgusting

I mean, there are many things that could be done better (A LOT actually), but jesus, how faggy you have to be, to be a yes disney-man?
>>
>>82987654
I can hope.
Although given the ending their 90s movie is probably going to be a Mister Sinister storyline instead.
>>
>>82990052
Thanks for that anecdotal evidence. If you and few people you allegedly know think it was better, then it must be objectively better.
>>
>Third X-Men movie in the trilogy is shit again.
>>
File: Dubious.jpg (44KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
Dubious.jpg
44KB, 500x331px
>$234 million is low budget
>$250 million is big budget
>>
>>82988735
I'm liking that one each Universe has their own twin.
Of course Fox Quicksilver is nothing like his inspiration either in personality of power level but if he was he wouldn't be popular.
>>
>>82989794
Forgot "gay rights symbolism"
>>
File: 1366334672925.png (209KB, 396x394px)
1366334672925.png
209KB, 396x394px
>>82989794
I fucking love you.
>>
Apocalypse should have been the villain in a stand alone Cable movie focusing on his battle with Apocalypse through out the ages.
>>
>>82990052
As retarded as it sounds, people now apparently need to base their opinions entirely on what RT says.
>>
If I could save memes in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every thread
'Til the mcu passes away
Just to shitpost with you

Sorry Marvel bro, but as long as Fox has Quickmemes and Redditpool, you are not getting the rights back.
>>
>>82988766
It proved you don't need to have anyone important die and Snyder and Whedon were made to look like fools.
>>
>>82990163
You're not helping me understand fampai. Just deflecting the question.
Unless you haven't seen it yourself yet and are just shitposting for the sake of shitposting.
>>
>>82990212
What is marketing? What is RDJ 50m salary? What is RDJ % of the profits made?
>>
>>82990123
I didnt like how they tried to ape the MCU and please the comic book fans. They need to look back to FC, DOFP and X2. Not other companies.
>>
>>82990052
The RT score is 51%, so it's almost a 50/50 split for critics who like vs critics who don't like it. And regardless of what RT thinks, you should form your own opinion and not blindly parrot numbers and the opinions of others.
>>
>>82976478
Isn't that the case in comics as well?
>>
Apocalypse looks terrible

>>82990339
Isn't RDJ's salary factored into the cost of the movie?
>>
This is just like when BvS came out.
>>
>>82990385
The costumes and special effects are enough to turn me off to this, I honestly don't care how fun it is, how can you make a movie that looks this bad in 2016.
>>
>>82991492
Not really. He got payed his fee (about 20m for this one, I think), but then he gets percentual residuals for every million it goes over TWS's box office.

It doesn't factor into the budget, but factors into the revenue instead.
>>
>>82990379
Tell it to reviewers. They don't know what they want
>>
>>82990138
Its just as likely though that the ending hints at the events of the Wolverine movie.But considering that they need to make more X-Men films while making sure they hold the FF rights for another gorillion years, Onslaught would make sense.
>>
>>82962779
BvS still made a lot of money and did far worse...Though I guess it was a flop since it should have easily cleared 1billion if it wasn't so poorly received critically.
>>
>>82963312

Magneto is the only good villain (and part) of the entire film

Storm gets a couple lines in the beginning and then is forgotten

Psylocke and Angel have almost no characterization

Angel's transformation sequence is cool
>>
>>82961409
Third movie is always the worst here.

Actually I just realized what else Apocalypse and Last Stand have in common: The Phoenix as a major plot point.
>>
So is Magneto's reaction to everything "Time to genocide humans"

Magneto's ice cream falls to the ground "Time to genocide humans"
Magneto gets up at night to get a glass of water, but stubs his toe "Time to genocide humans"
Magneto wants a cheese sampler in the supermarket, but they run out just before he gets to the counter "Time to genocide humans"
>>
>>82966638
Wolverine's rampage was so disappointing for me. Seemed like they didn't have the budget for that part of the film. Wolverine runs around a building as they cut the scene as many times as possible in order to not show wolverine getting shot, and not show him actually killing anyone.

Maybe because I've seen Punisher and Deadpool now but I expected to actually see wolverine be violent
>>
>>82991885
I feel like genociding you.
You should die
>>
>>82991831
I'd go one step further and chalk it up to Fox's inherent unwillingness to go the extra mile with cosmic shit. Apocalypse in this movie felt more like the Shadow King with a little En Sabah Nur thrown into the mix. They already had the Egyptian base to work with, and I guess the idea of Apocalypse burning away his various bodies due to his powers simply being too great to contain in a fragile human shell is cool too, but unless you have Celestials thrown in the mix, Apocalypse being a god-like Egyptian mutant just doesn't cut it. Granted, Fox don't have the rights to the Celestials, but they should have found some way to tie him to cosmic-level beings.
With X-Men 3, they made the mistake of keep the Dark Phoenix grounded on Earth. ''Killing'' off a major character pails in comparison to fucking destroying an entire inhabited solar system, and X3 also would've been the perfect opportunity to bring shit like the Skrulls, Badoon and the Shi'ar in as well, and maybe even an X-Men/Starjammerss team up too.
For the huge role that space has in X-Men stories, Kinberg and company seem absolutely clueless when it comes to incorporating that into the movies.
>>
>>82988091
>more personality than the entire cast excluding Magneto
>>
>>82988766
I kinda wanted Ironman to kill Bucky at the end and have Cap being the one going crazy and attacking Ironman. Then he drops the shield because he almost killed Tony. Probably would make it too hard to reconcile for Infinity War tho
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 600x857px
>>82967106
I don't understand Bryan Singer.

At this point in time, he has no excuse to not dress the characters up in something that isn't boring black leather or paintball costumes. Marvel's Avengers and even Spider-Man pretty much proved you can use comic book faithful superhero costumes and audiences wouldn't have a problem with suspension of disbelief. Furthermore, this movie was set in the 80s and was primed for flashy, colorful comic booky costumes in a context that made sense.

Instead this motherfucker turns Apocalypse into Ivan Ooze and puts everybody but Psylocke into stupid paintball armor. What the fuck is his problem with those outfits? It might be excusable if his alternatives were inspired or lifted elements from the comics a la Vaughn's First Class costumes, but they're boring ugly monochromatic dumb shit.

And I thought gays were supposed to be good at fashion.
>>
>>82992185
Plus Bucky has more dates left on his contract that Evans does.
>>
>>82962716
Singer didn't realized he no longer lives in early 2000s, and wanted to make his destruction porn movie.

Also
>Everything they built will fall!
I am no longer sure if those are words of Apocalypse or of Singer about First Class.
>>
>>82963294
Don't worry, she's fine, but only a minor character, without even showing her skills.
If you like Havok too, though...
>>
>>82991989
That would just be murder, anon. Genocide takes a bit more effort
>>
>>82992134
Magneto of murder
>>
>>82992631
You are right. Idiots are in the minority
>>
>>82967294
Not really. It was a closure, but Scott was shown slightly different in his personality, not mentioning lack of Sentinels.
>>
>>82975687
FC was a step in the right direction. Do mind it wasn't directed by Singer. And they had excuse of "first outfits for X-Men, as they are just fledging team".
>>
>>82992864
There were Sentinels in Apocalypse. You watched the shitty camrip right?
>>
>>82992450
Could have fooled me Independence Day 2 coming up, Transformers and others.
>>
>>82966399
>Repeating old tropes is what capeshit is all about.
ftfy
>>
>>82977361
It's because it completed Singer's mission of removing everything that was introduced in First Class. Havok was the only mutant (excluding Beast) not introduced in Singer movie that was not killed in DoFP (and they got killed off screen), and he gave him retarded death here.
>>
File: 2766.jpg (48KB, 500x326px)
2766.jpg
48KB, 500x326px
>Fox X-Men
>Fox
>>
>>82989181
They wouldn't make more than one X-Men movie per year, and likely less than that.
>>
>>82979848
It's Malay, dipshit. This camrip is either from Malaysia or Singapore, where the majority languages are Malay, Chinese, English, and Tamil.
>>
This is the last JLaw X-MEN movie right? I'm fine with her in First Class but her being the main focus of Future's Past made no fucking sense. "Let's make Mystique the main focus of the movie even though she has no part in the story line whatsoever and let's kill off Bishop in the first five minutes while we're at even though this should really be his and Xavier's movie." Fuck JLaw.
>>
As someone who has seen this movie and BVS but not Civil war let me list my pros and cons:

pros:
Starting scene
Ending scene
Both Quicksilver scenesThe second scene was good imo cause it gave the impression Quicksilver would be sidelined at first,then it gave the impression he would solo taco lips before he gets owned
Apocalypse buffing up his horseman is a power I'm glad they kept
Wolverine cameo was short and sweet
Everything fassbender does
Tacolips plan while simple(wanna take over da world) was actually quite well planned considering how little time he had to prepare(disarm the world,transfer body into Telepath to control the world,locate 4 trained/powerful/misguided mutants and buff them to make them protect you,(try to) destroy the building of probably the only people who can defeat you

cons:
Apocalypse himself was pretty terrible,I mean his voice was annoying,his design was horrendous and a baddie who's power is literally 'pull whatever power I want out of my ass" is dumb to watch because then you need some asspull to beat him
JLaw was totally phoning it in,it's not a meme she was so souless
Sophie turner was not up to par to play Jean,both acting wise and physically(too fat and ugly),seriously even Munn played Psylocke better.Sure she had no dialogue but my point still stands
Moira mctaggert and Havok are retards,moira frees apocalypse single handily and Havok almost kills an entire school
Quicksilver's sister completely absent
Jubilee does nothing
Mystique disguised as Stryker ends up turning Wolverine to Weapon X anyway?!?
>>
>>82961409
>bombed and flopped
Just because it's not getting good reviews doesn't mean it won't make a ton of money. And in the end, that's all the suits care about. Not trying to defend the film, just clearing the air on terminology.
>>
>>82990254
>As retarded as it sounds, people now apparently need to base their opinions entirely on what RT says.

Well, RT isn't just one person, it's a general consensus of people, many of whom do nothing but watch movies.

Not that your opinion should be swayed by RT (you like what you like), but an RT percentage holds more weight than one person's opinion
>>
>>82994295
>Mystique disguised as Stryker ends up turning Wolverine to Weapon X anyway?!?
Maybe Wolverine asked her off camera to send him to Weapon X program so he can get the adamantium. We will hopefuly see the answer in Wolverine
>>
>>82994295
Ten years is more than enough time for Stryker to track down Wolverine and turn him into Weapon X. Considering how much he knew about Xavier it's not much of a plot hole, just slightly weird decision in retrospect, but perhaps someone wanted it to be like in the comics, i.e. he gets jumped after walking out of a bar.
>>
>>82995154
frankly, RT praised Civil War, and it was a stinker.
So, no thanks.
>>
>>82994295
no offense, but how else do you imagine his desing?
this is apocalypse, they really did the best they could. I don't think they could do it better. and seriously, they really made him a nigga in that movie
>>
>>82993740
She's out. Hopefully, they will not employ her, ever.
>>
>>82993487
They only have to do one movie per 6 years. Oy vey

>>82993297
show me the alternative. I want to dream.
>>
>>82992702
Are they? Or are they pretending?
>>
Anyone have a webm of Jean going Pheonix in the movie? Only part I'm even remotely interested in seeing.
>>
>>82961409
FOX does this thing where the main characters are an esamble film who get the most screen time are not the most important characters to the plot or the most interesting in the film, but are the highest-paid actors in the movie.

This sometimes works (such when the writing is 100% on-point) and sometimes it doesn't.
Ultimately Fox makes and writes superhero movies like they're making a regular movie rather then like they're trying to make a superhero story, which can occasionally work right but just as often go wrong.
>>
>>82987420
>And why it's a bad thing?
Because villain is devoid of personality. Personality of villains used to be strong point of X-Men movies. Apocalypse lacks that..
>>
>>82994295

>moira frees apocalypse single handily
if she did that it was bc she didn't stop the cult leaders. she didn't know what they were doing, she was just an eyewitness
its almost as if it was a terrible idea to erase her mind or something.

>Quicksilver's sister completely absent
doesn't he have two sisters?

it was that dumb 'magnetos family' scene i didn't like. they had disposable written all over them. i would have honestly been really surprised if they had made it out of the film alive.

honestly didn't recognize oscar isaac at all. thought he did a good job with what they gave him.
>>
Its been like three years and MCU babies are still trying to convience people that AoU Quicksilver was better than Fox QS

lmao
>>
>>82979212
>The Flash
lol no
>>
Anybody got a picture of Mystique's propaganda poster?
>>
File: 1847359-weapon_x_logan.jpg (109KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
1847359-weapon_x_logan.jpg
109KB, 400x519px
Is there a webm or anything of the Wolverine part? That's all I want to see.
>>
>>82962172

I'd like the FF rights to revert back to Marvel but I'm fine with X-Men being elsewhere. It always felt like it's own universe anyway in the books. It never made sense why people were cool with there being 20 people with powers on every block but if you got those powers from being a mutant FUCK YOU MUTIE SCUM RHGHRHGRHGHRHG.
>>
>>82962653
It came out Thursday?
>>
>>82966399
Lee, Shooter, I'll yet find a way to go back in time and kick you in the balls, I swear.
>>
>>82988579
>Prove that you've seen the greatest movie of all time!

How bout he doesn't? There are plenty of Disneytards in here that haven't seen Apocalypse (or any of the non-meme movies).
>>
>>83002889
Sticking together is what good waffles do.
>>
It wasnt so terrible
My only problem with it was the shitastic action. QS was the only semi decent part. The rest was so poorly done. Like, they framed it all wrong. And many parts were "scene with one throwing projectile" > "scene with the rest dodging it". Boring.
Its definitely the weakest of the current trilogy, and I find it hilarious that Sansa is self aware of it.
>>
File: 1354135810101.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1354135810101.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>82988193
>I've seen both and as much as I hated AoU I'll take it over Apocalypse any day.

ok shill
>>
But how's it doing in numbers then? That's the only thing the producers care about anyway so...

i'm like the only one who liked xma so I want more...
>>
>>82962716
This one is better
>>
>>82999146
If there was a forgettable villain without any personality this year was Ajax in Deadpool and I dont see you complaining. Apocalypse was charming.
>>
How come Quickboi has a broken leg when he joins the school but as soon as they're in the danger room, he's ready to fight with the others?
>>
>>83005708
nobody's released data yet; in some places it's been out since wednesday, so there's not a huge amount of lag and we should start seeing the internationals by monday evening

if we don't, and we don't see anything until next weekend, it's probably not doing so well and the data is being withheld to try and cover the bad press it would generate

if XMA doesn't do very well indeed FOX is in for a rough year
>>
>>83006514
It will do about 650m. Which is fine for this franchise. Even the wolverine did 600m.
>>
>Disneyfags hating on Fox
Now this is a Civil War.
>>
>>82982224
Actually, the plan was "I will become each and every living thing on the planet and will reshape architecture and law as I see fit."
>>
>>83006992

I don't think people who like the Marvel Studios movies even care about Fox's movies. It's only X-Men fans who are suffering.
>>
>>83006339
Unspecified time skip. They also needed time to taylor the new uniforms and shit.
>>
>>82963720
well i mean, spider-man turned out alright
>>
>>82986165
>Colossus is just a classic hero to contrast to Deadpool's severe anti-heroism. That's it, that's the joke.
And that's when Deadpool works the best
>>
>>83002434
Don't bother. The whole sequence was pretty lame.

>bunch of static angle shots
>action too stiff
>no limbs flying around
>too little blood spray
>no bullet holes/blood on Wolverine

It's like the whole scene is from a movie in the early 00's
It's pretty stale once you have a taste of the choreography from CW & BVS
>>
>>83006639
The Wolverine did not do $600m. It barely scraped past $400m, like almost all X-movies.

In fact when you correct for ticket price inflation, it had a lower audience than any previous movie in the series, and when you correct for general inflation it's not even close to the best performer financially. Nor is there a general pattern of increase to point to in any of the X-movie sequences (1-3, the Wolverine movies) that would indicate a growing audience and good word of mouth.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/X-Men#tab=summary

"Fine for this franchise" would be about $400m; that was only good for The Wolverine because it was made on a shoestring budget. If this one "only" makes $400m, it's a flop - the production budget alone is known to be $234m, which is still cheaper than X3 (equivalent to around $250m) which was, guess what, a weak success on the equivalent of $540m. This film cannot afford to make franchise average - it has to do significantly better, and not just than the average X-Men movie.

On $234m with another say $75m marketing, it has to make back at a minimum $418m just to break even, and that's before we consider how much they're paying Jackman, Lawrence, McAvoy, Singer or whoever in gross points. If they want to make a worthwhile profit at this level of spending that would justify sequels at the same level, they need to make $800m; it's too late for Singer to hand back half his budget and say Deadpool turned out fine guys I don't need all this money either. Poor dumb bastard probably shit himself when he heard about Deadpool's opener. That's got to be hanging over every conversation he has about funding now.
>>
>>83013040
>It's like the whole scene is from a movie in the early 00's

The effects actually are. They've never really been updated. It's possible there's nothing in the manual about doing it different and they couldn't hire anybody to update their work.
>>
>the THIRD time we've seen the X-Men forming
>Magneto was good, goes evil yet AGAIN
>trying to ride Game of Thrones hype AGAIN
>trying to ride Star Wars hype

Who honestly didn't see this coming?
>>
>>83007350
Why exactly is that not "reigning supreme"?
>>
>>82993740
>I'm fine with her in First Class but her being the main focus of Future's Past made no fucking sense.
Because at one point in the script process she wasn't the main focus. There was going to be a whole future scene with Master Mold experimenting on Rogue, which is why the sentinels can copy powers.
Then the suits went "BUT JLAW! STAR POWER!"
>>
>>82961409
Sell off fantastic 4 then focus on deadpool. Keep everything as low budget as possible.
>>
>>82989940
This movie suck ass because it's lack Deadpool
There, crossed it
>>
>>83015885
But all the Rogue scenes were restored in the Rogue Cut and master mold never appeared.
>>
Sweet dreams webm anyone? I need to see it again
>>
>>83020708
Anon said it was changed during the "script process." It never would have been filmed.
>>
>>82961409
anyone who watched it knows that it's a good movie
>>
>>82988230
I'm pretty sure they take international ones too
I have seen some newspapers from my country have reviews on it
>>
>>83024260
Depends on your definition of good
If good is simply not bad, then I suppose its good, but if theres one word that describes it, its "meh"
>>
>>83024260
It's watchable if you're an X-Men fanboy.

It's pretty uninspiring capekino if you aren't.
>>
>>83024260
Wouldn't call it good but it's not that bad either.

It just simply is.
>>
>>82961409
Its ok.
Kind of bummed out since I never really cared for marvel's films since they follow the formula.
Im not saying Xmen were original but I just enjoyed them more for some reason.
>>
>>82961439
>Give Deadpool to Marvel Studios
Nope, nope, nope, let Fox keep X-Men until Reynolds gets bored of Deadpool
>>
>>83002541
No it didn't
>>
>>82992365
>Instead this motherfucker turns Apocalypse into Ivan Ooze and puts everybody but Psylocke into stupid paintball armor.
>Ivan Ooze
This x10000

Thank you. I hope bryan singer gets raped in fag hell.
>>
>>82975556

They literally got Deadpool right because they didn't care enough about it to meddle. They gave it a tiny budget because the director and the star sucked off the right people to get the movie made and basically said: "Fine, go make your little movie, we don't care."

They were surprised as hell when it became a huge hit.
>>
>>83026053
well the Imgur and 9gag marketing paid off obviously
>>
>>82976438
>Its a low budget movie

Nigga what? Days of Future Past was a budget of 200 mil. You really think their budget has gone down? It's at least $250 mil.
>>
>>82978191

Do you read comic books? We've been over this.

The x-men are feared and hated because they do NOT do as much super hero stuff as the Avengers or FF. A lot of the stuff they do is in space, or in the savage lands, or in the sewers, where the general public doesn't hear about it.

When they DO get in the public eye, they're often fighting people like the government. Maybe evil black ops government sentinels, but still the government, so they're the bad guys. They occationally save humans by fighting the Brotherhood, but the public just sees this as rival gangs fighting than good vs evil. It doesn't help that their membership often includes "evil" mutants like Magneto when he goes good once in a while, then evil again, then good.
>>
Why is this movie getting so hated? At least here?

Pros:
>not so much Wolverine wankfest for once, he is only there for the time he was necessary
>the characters chosen to form this new team of X-Men were all pretty good, and the OGs that were neglected before get a chance to shine. Like Beast, or Scott who becomes an actual character outside of getting cucked by Wolverine
>there is still a conflict between Charles and Magneto, but the movie also builds up the villains relatively well; and the focus on the teenage team was great
>good intro
>good scenes in the mansion
>great costumes which actually respect their Comic counterparts
>Apocalypse may not be the best villain ever, but he has understandable motives and crafts a pretty decent plan to get things done

I'll also list some of its weaknesses for some balance:
>Quicksilver's reveal lacks impact, you could think he was bullshiting and you wouldn't be proven wrong until Storm brings up the topic again by the ending
>Havok's appearances and death are treated like an afterthought
>the rival mutants became irrelevant after their introduction
>Mystique was very unlikeable
>the big fight was rather lame and most likely will end up as forgettable

Having said that, I still believe the pros vastly outweight the cons.
XM Apocalypse easily became my second favorite capeshit movie from this year, and holds pretty well among the other X-Men movies.
>>
>>83024260
Rotten Tomato says otherwise
>>
>>83025533
Literally this.

Just got back from the film. It's not actually terrible but it's hardly worth praising either. It's fun especially if you're a fan of various X-Men media ("X-Men: Evolution" definitely came into mind). The RT meter being at approx. 50% doesn't sound off either, in that I'd say it's pretty divisive.
>>
>>83027790
I've just watched it. It was great. Ask me anything
>>
>>83026232
This movie actually makes an interesting observation. You see, in this movie mutants are actually accepted. However, it takes one mutant like Apocalypse to make humans fear mutants, which is fair
>>
>>83027186
>the big fight was rather lame and most likely will end up as forgettable
the reason for that might be because the X-Men get pawned easily by Horsemen. Also, there's not much fight, as much as there is "save the chuck"

Still, the death of Apoc is actually believable, as it took a joint effort of Magneto, Chuck, Phoenix, Storm and Cyclops to defeat him

One thing that no one notices is that Apocalypse actually welcomed his defeat. His smile, when he is incinerated was creepy.
>>
cont. also, the biggest problem of Apocalypse is that when you describe the movie, it feels kinda sucky, but when you actually see it, it looks badass.

I think that it was as good as DOFP. If you liked DOFP, you'll like this one as well.
>>
>>83027790
It says that %49 of the critics that are counted in the Tomatometer didn't like it. Nothing more, nothing less. And being critics, the fact that it seems so repetitive of the last X-Men movies they had to write about for their job is probably a point against it.
>>
>>83028321
I looked at the reviews, and they aren't as negative as I thought would that be, while some positive also criticize a lot about the movie. How do they chose, whether the review counts as rotten or fresh?
>>
File: 1463083367406.png (67KB, 296x426px) Image search: [Google]
1463083367406.png
67KB, 296x426px
>>82978966
so whats wrong with this exactly? the effects don't seem as bad as everyone's saying. the only thing i can pinpoint is that apoc design looks like shit
>>
>>83028465
Apparently, when it's not MCU it's horrible.
>>
>>83028284
>the X-Men get pawned
What's the average Cyclops go for, anyway?
>>
>>83025533
It was my introduction to the X-Men franchise as a whole, and I thought it was decent. Saw it w/ friends who are X-Men fanatics, they all thought it blew.
It's definitely one of those "turn your brain off" movies, though, that much is undeniable. The dialogue in particular was extremely cliché.
>>
>>83028816
Cyclops rescues X-Men from the Stryker's clutches

Actually, it's Cyke + Jean + Nightcrawler.

The only time he cries is when his bro is dead

Apoc tries to embed him in the wall, but with the help of Beast, he gets free

I would say that most of the characters got their time to shine.
>>
>>83028828
>Saw it w/ friends who are X-Men fanatics, they all thought it blew.
Depends. I am a fanatic myself, and I loved it.
Did they explain why they hated it?
>>
>>82966609

You're a right prick, fucko.

Take that education elitism chimpering back to /pol/ where it belongs.

If talking about capeshit cinema causes this sort of knee-jerk response from you then it really explains what sort of person you are.

Although you're right about the Marvel rights thing.
>>
>>82966105
>Hopefully, if Deadpool 2 bombs, Marvel will get the rights back.
How to spot an unpaid marvel intern, ladies and gents
>>
>>82968251
>They are joyless and emo.
Did you even see the movie?
>>
>>82966609
>Watchmen
>good
Oh joy
>>
File: 1462149240042.jpg (82KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
1462149240042.jpg
82KB, 600x567px
>>82966609

Actually the U.S. education system isn't a federal institution and there are many regions that support effective curriculum with a direct path to higher education and careers. Some of my brightest colleagues hail from the states.

It's unfortunate that almost all of those studies decide to ignore population density and urban centers' impact on the overall scoring of the 'American Education System'. It's sad that you're only able to parrot things you've heard without empirical evidence to incite a response from people you'll never meet.

You are a coward and a gullible fool.
>>
File: Jay Sherman.png (174KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jay Sherman.png
174KB, 640x360px
>>82966609

>watchmen
>good
>>
>>83028997

tl;dr

fake and gay
>>
>>82987420
>And why it's a bad thing?
its the plot to every X-movie for the last 16 years
>>
I don't get it. Critics are bashing this movie, but most people I've know that has seen it loved it. What's going on?
>>
>>82987654
FF/X-men crossovers are never EVER happening. Fox would need Marvels approval for it and that will never happen
>>
>>83029267
Take a guess
>>
>>83029267
Critics are dumb. What else is new.
>>
>>83029267
You know, what, a couple dozen people well enough to get their opinion? Maybe in the hundreds on the outside if literally everyone you know has seen it and told you their take?

Your sample size is shit.
>>
>>82988380
>actually complaining about fucking Spider-man quiping
/tv/ has ruined /co/
>>
>bombed and flopped
You use those words far too liberally.

The Good Dinosaur bombed. Delgo flopped.

X-Men Apocalypse was mediocre and under-performed.
>>
>>82961409
>50%
>Half of the people who gave it positive scores enjoy it immensely
>People who did not hate it
>Despite being an MCU quality movie not in the MCU people will nitpick at it despite it just being more of the same shit since 2008

Amazing Spider-Man 2.5 confirmed
>>
>>83029302
you do know that it premiers in us next week?
>>
>>83029302
Bomb and flop are the same thing. A bomb/flop is any movie that does not make back any returns from the box office.

Good Dinosaur was not either as it made all it's money back in the box office, extra costs not included in the initial budget. Delgo is a historic bomb.
>>
>>83029267
Not to say that critics are right, but most people I know "loved" Last Stand until they had time to digest it.
>>
>>83029369
Just like Avengers, Iron Man, Batman, Superman?
>>
>>83029316
>still being mad about ASM
the movies where just shit. them not being in the MCU had nothing to do with it
>>
>>83029369
There is a difference between movies that people doubt over time, like Spider-Man 3, and movies that people like or hate on the spot and don't budge, like Iron Man 3. X-Men Apocalypse is on the latter.
>>
>>83029383
ASM is just typical Marvel schlock under a different brand name and so has X-Men since First Class. It's always the same formula, and I fail to see how it's any different outside of people more willingly to point out the genres faults when it's not Marvel.
>>
>This isn't the end of my goal, I want create a mutant university that can teach both humans and mutants
>I want to teach co-existence, but I also want to stress the importance of mutants controlling their powers and not making violence a necessity
hour later
>UNLEASH YOUR POWER JEAN
>SAVE US ALL!
top kek

Also I don't see the point in casting characters if you don't use them. They had to nerf Psylocke so she didn't kill Beast, Angel didnt even get to use his blades after a 10 minute transformation scene showing them off, Storm had 5 lines and 3 minutes of screentime, Magneto spent the climax of the movie in a magnetic bubble doing sweet fuck all

But the real hilarious part was making Mystique the most important character in the movie and she did NOTHING in the fight except try and sweet-talk Magneto before getting choked out by Ivan Ooze

The movie was hilariously bad on so many levels, let alone character motivations making zero sense
>>
>>83029627
How else would you defeat apocalypse?
By hugging him?
>>
>>83029627
Mystique being "important" is shown mostly through dialogue, as she served as the inspiration. Most of the movie she was rather useless, which is fine by me, because I'd rather have Young X-Men shining, than her.

Storm was introduced rather good. The scene where Apocalypse watches tv and is "disappoint, son.jpg" and then rapes Storm into superiority, was really cool.

Psylocke mostly had a dialogue during the Caliban scene. And recruitment of Angel.

Angel used the blades in the scene when he attacks X-Men in the blackbird with Psylocke, and later when he tried to get out out of the ruins. He also attacked Nightcrawler with the blades.

I agree that Magneto swapping sides wasn't as convincing as it should be.

I would argue that Apocalypse was one of the best comic book villains on screen. Definitely my personal favorite.
>>
Also, I think that a lot of people hate Apocalypse to be "cool". I do wonder if the movie will have a good word of mouth.
>>
>>83029627
>X-Men have super powers
>They use them

Also:

>Yadda yadda character motivation

Nigga if you're expecting character motivations to be understandable or in depth this is the wrong genre of film for you. Not even the best super hero movies have good character motivations. I can back behind criticisms on the poor use of the roster but pointing out obvious problems with super hero movies as if it's a legit criticism is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>83029649
Teeamwork? I mean, they are the X-Men right?

BvS might have been bad but at least the trio worked together to strategise and defeat CGDay

In this every member just does their own thing until Xavier gets beaten half to death and goes
>ARGHHH SAVE ME, JEAN!
>>
>>83029734
Check Twitter, people love it. Batman v Superman was in the same boat of good peer to peer word of mouth but struggled with not being rewatchable which apparently is a big reason for many films to get big pops in the box office.
>>
>>83029779
>Teeamwork?
And what did they do, if not teamwork, you fucking idiot?

Keep in mind that they were rookies, they weren't an experienced team.

You also gloss over the fact, that it took Magneto, Prof X, Cyclops, Storm AND Phoenix to defeat Apocalypse. It's like you're being a retard on purpose.
>>
>>83029794
To be honest, I regret not watching BvS. If I knew that critics would shit on X-Men so hard, I would probably shill for that movie out of spite for mcucks
>>
>>83029813
Batman v Superman is fine for one sitting for the spectacle, but it is a highly flawed film. It's exactly like Age of Ultron, which I only liked for the punching and explosions but not for the characters or depth because outside of what it did best it didn't have much of a cohesive plot.

Guilty pleasure of the month BvS was, fun, was hated a bit too much, but I could see why people didn't go back to watch it after the first time.
>>
The problem with Bryan Singer's X-Men films is that he doesn't cast actors that have charisma or know how to act. Also the costumes always make his films look like straight to DVD garbage.
>>
>>83029856
The costumes in this movie actually have an explanation: they stole them from Weapon X facility.
>>
>>83013040
that scene made me laugh the hardest in the movie, mainly cause his exit into the snow is so fucking goofy looking.
>>
>>83029884
It did remind me about the original Weapon X ending.
>>
>>83029882
That's gangsta as fucks
>>
>>83029895
X gon give it to ya.

Anyone noticed the Proteus cameo? He might be a villain in next movie.
>>
>>83013482
Nigga do you know what a flop is? If it makes it's money back through box office it's officially not a flop, it didn't do what the studios wanted but not definably a flop
>>
>NO APOCALYPSE DON'T STOP ME FROM KILLING THESE MEN!
It was at this point I realised I made a terrible mistake
>>
>>83029904
n-no?
Where?
>>
>>83030469
When Chuck, Havok meet Moira for the first time again (great line btw)

There is a picture of Moira's son and husband, and Chuck sort of hints that he might be a mutant
>>
>>82992365
>everybody but Psylocke into stupid paintball armor
And that one was because Munn demanded more comic accurate outfit.
People may shit on her for whatever reasons (I am not that familiar with her), but at least she refused Singer outfit.
>>
>>83028372
I sort of get the sense that when each reviewer gets to have their reviews counted on the Tomatometer, they get to choose how their personal star or other grading system translates to "Rotten" or "Fresh". That, or they make the reviewer make a hard and fast decision with each movie about whether they overall liked it or not, in addition to the little blurb they write that shows up on RT.
>>
>>83030098
What happened, did Magneto go so overboard that even Apocalypse told him to dial it back?
>>
>>83028372
>>83030669
Thinking about it, a 50% score can either mean the critics were completely split on it, with some thinking it was the second coming of Christ and others the shittiest shit to ever have been shat. Or, it can mean most critics were lukewarm on it and their apparent split is due to having to rate it yea or nay. You can only tell once you actually dig into the reviews themselves.
>>
>>82992998
I am talking about ending of DoFP, not about Apocalypse. The scene with original actors.
>>
One notable thing is that apocalypse almost said No more mutants
>>
It was better than you meme loving fucks had me believe
>>
>>83032893
Oh! it seems that 4chan is back.
But yeah, I think that the movie will have really good word of mouth. The movie is basically DOFP-tier, so people hating on Apocalypse would have to admit that they hated DOFP as well
Thread posts: 501
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.