[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MCU logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: predator-firing-missile4.jpg (479KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
predator-firing-missile4.jpg
479KB, 1080x810px
So tell me,

Why is it that the world wants to regulate The Avengers (who have only so far operated in 5 countries) yet allow America to fly killer drones in 10 countries?

I'm pretty sure that pic related has killed more civilians than The Avengers.
>>
Avengers takes place in a universe where the UN is actually effective and aliens exist
>>
>>82841095

>The UN is actually effective

The last 13 MCU movies have yet to show any proof of that.

Even the AoS has to clean the UN's shit.
>>
>>82841042

Also,

why didn't Civil War ever highlight the Sokovian Refugee Crisis?

Like, that would have been a perfect point to enact the Sokovia Accords. "Hey, you cape boys just gave us a bunch of lazy Slavs who are taking our jobs".
>>
>>82841042
y.. you're kidding right?
the whole point of drones is NOT killing civilians. literally every other form of military activity has massive collateral damage, but this thing you just fly directly to where it goes, and there you go. no mess.
>>
>>82841795

Yeah, tell that to the Rehman family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXoPj1KMqNM

If a bunch of drone pilots from Vegas have no accountability for killing Pakistani families, why should the Avengers?
>>
File: 1370217882155.jpg (61KB, 599x729px) Image search: [Google]
1370217882155.jpg
61KB, 599x729px
Because in a fictional movie, America is the good guy. Its about as realistic as gamma radiation giving you super strength and green skin, but that's the story element. Don't look for logic.
>>
>>82841042
Drones being used as a military tool face far more regulation then the Avenger's, who were facing zero.
>>
>>82842042
Who gave the order for the drone strike? Who authorized the target? Who allowed the US to operate in that region?

Holding solely the pilots responsible is incredibly narrow-minded. The chain of command goes both ways, and you hold the guys at the top accountable, not the ones at the bottom (assuming they were operating within authorized parameters.)

The military is held accountable. The government is held accountable. By the people, by other nations, by the UN. Now you might say all of that is a joke, and I might agree with you, but it's part of a system that's SUPPOSED to work even if it doesn't. If something goes wrong, someone fucks up, or someone goes off the chain, there's a system in place to deal with it.

The point is the Avenger's weren't a part of that system, or ANY system. There was no court of law or military tribunal that could review their actions and say "Hey, you guys did the right thing" or "Bro you fucked up."
>>
>>82846752
Isn't that the idea behind the conflict in Civil War? The people want superhuman accountability and Tony fucks up the negotiating aspect?
>>
>>82846926
Yup. That's pretty much what I'm saying.
>>
>>82846926
Since The Avenger's aren't a nation, or part of one, their choices as far as accountability go are pretty much 'answer directly to the UN'. They also could've chosen a country to work for, I guess, but that's even more problematic.
>>
>>82841042
Because pic related is under the government's control. The government doesn't like things not in their control.

The entire "you must be accountable" line was just therethere to push buttons.
>>
>>82841042
Because those countries allow us to fly in and kill their problem children with our RC toys.

The Avengers are basically Tony Stark's private army doing whatever they want. I wanted to call bullshit on the plot too, but then I remembered Age of Ultron was entirely Tony's fault and I'd be sick of his shit too. Blaming New York and Lagos on them was asinine though.
>>
File: FTFY.jpg (134KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
FTFY.jpg
134KB, 713x713px
>>82846926
>Cap fucks up the negotiating aspect
>>
>>82841405
There wouldn't be a major refugee crisis since the Sokovians aren't actively being bombed. A resettlement crisis that would leave Sokovia billions in debt, admittedly, but there wouldn't be too much in the way of people leaving the country.
>>
>>82841042
Because since the Westphalian Peace, states have been the almost exclusive actor in terms of security issues and controlling violence across borders.
They don't want to upset the fragile international orders by having these vigilantes trample all over sovereignty.
>>
>>82841795
The point is killing _fewer_ civilians, ideally none but even with perfect intelligence that drone will often be launching missiles against targets in densely populated areas.
Even with occasionally terrible intelligence it's better than carpet bombing but it's still pretty fucking horrible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.