[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ says a cartoon is bad >it's actually great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 112

File: 640.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
>/co/ says a cartoon is bad
>it's actually great
>>
>>82806346

Unless you're a tumblrfag.
>>
>>82806346
more like 6/10
>>
Korra is bad in a lot of aspects but it's pretty okay overall. Mediocrity is only met in extremes on 4chan though.
>>
You're on the Internet. There's no such thing as a middle ground.

Korra is mediocre.
>>
>>82806346
I'd say more "pretty good".
>>
>>82806346
I enjoyed it more than AtlA. The lows were lower, but the highs were higher. It also comes down to personal taste. I prefer the continuity over AtlA's meandering style.
>>
File: 1432139488415.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1432139488415.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>82806346
>>
>>82806346
It was a disappointment.
>>
>>82806654
This is my stance, though i would say everything after Beginnings was pure gold
>>
>>82806654
It also doesn't help that 90% of /co/ watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.
>>
>>82806745
>watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.
ATLA for the most part is still more consistent in it's writing though. Yeah it suffered in dumb writing decisions as well but they were pretty minor when you pair it against some of the dumb shit that occurred in Korra.

I like both shows but I prefer the one with the better written characters and plot development.
>>
>>82806346
>/co/
>actually watching cartoons to enjoy themselves and not just to bitch about them
>>
>>82806346
Legend of Korra is the last chance we will get to progress the animated medium forward. Game over.
>>
>>82806745
I watched all of ATLA 4 days before watching Korra

Korra is trash and Prequel tier in how it treats the source material

Anyone that likes it likes it BECAUSE of nostalgia from Avatar, or because they're idiots that dont even recognize basic writing and plot points
>>
>>82807302
*tips fedora proudly*
>>
File: The-Prophet_PRESS_Page_001.jpg (2MB, 2192x2662px) Image search: [Google]
The-Prophet_PRESS_Page_001.jpg
2MB, 2192x2662px
>>82807252
FUCK. THAT.
>>
>>82806346
Avatar took its influence mainly from Miyazaki for its aesthetic, writing, themes, and cinematic tone.

Korra felt like it took its influence mainly from Marvel movies.
>>
Everywhere on /co/ I hear that Korra was pretty much the worst thing ever. This probably means it was okay.
>>
>>82806745
I marathoned it about 2 years ago for the first time.

ATLA had great action, comedy, character development between the main cast and even side characters and a good story over the course of 3 seasons.

The ending is a different story (no he shouldn't have killed the fire lord but there's got to be a better way than muh spirit turtle) but besides that it was a great show with many hype moments an enjoyable characters.

You can tell ATLA was a planned series with the arcs set out as the series started with a few minor changes here and there. Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season.
>>
>>82807147
I didn't say it was bad, I'm just noting that the hatred Korra gets is apparently visceral.
>>
>>82806346
Yeah, if you ignore the first two seasons.
>>
>>82807482
>Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season
This is bullshit and you are listening to the fanboys too much

Season 1 of Korra was all there was supposed to be and Bryke knew this going in.

The show was EXACTLY what they wanted it to be and they believed it was the best end product.

People that blame Nickelodeon for Bryke failing are retarded. They had complete control over every aspect of the show and failed miserably.

They couldnt even do in 12 episode what animes have done in 4-6
>>
>>82807302
>it treats the source material
It was made by the original creators. They ARE the source material you lackwit.
>>
>>82807394
ATLA took its aesthetic mostly from historical Asia, its writing from normal action cartoon wiritng techniques and its themes from normal action cartoon themes (with a coat of "yellow" paint). I guess the tone was similar to a Myazaki, although more lighthearted most of the time.
I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.
>>
>>82807584
You are Literally a retard
>>
>>82807572
If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.

Outside of the love triangle bullshit and retarded ending where aang gives her powers back (the ending was definitely a problem with scheduling) season 1 wasn't that bad anyway.
>>
All I know for sure are Korra fanboys ruined /co/ and thank god the lot of them left when that trash show ended

Actually they left a lot sooner because the ratings tanked from like 5 million on the first episode to 1 million on the finally season.
>>
>>82807584
>>82807618
Both of you are.
Source material pertains to adaptations. The original movie isn't the source material to a sequel.
On the other hand, writers aren't the source material either, they're who wrote it.
>>
>>82807618
Yeah okay
>>
>>82807645
>If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.
Fantastic rebuttal

If I had to cook a cake in 5 minutes it would be horrible. So that excuses it for being awful

You fanboys are the worst and the level at which you defend TRASH is pathetic.

Bryke knew what they were getting into and failed.

They even had the audacity to say they didnt want any other writers because they wanted to see if they could do it on their own.

These are two ego driven assholes that succeeded because of the hard work and talent of people around them and I am pleased they got exposed as the hacks they are
>>
>>82806346
Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Korra?
>>
Avatar fags are easily among the worst fanbase which is a shame because the show is so good.

Fanboys as usual ruin everything, because they suck up to the creators and make them think they can do no wrong. And of course when that happens we get something like Legend of Korra and the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>82807765
Yes. But not any wronger than any other fictional character.
>>
>>82807592
>I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.

I take it you never watched many Miyazaki films, since, you know, the whole Human's vs Nature thing is an over-arcing theme in most of his movies, as it is in Avatar.

The spirit world itself was based by his work as well.

Appa was based off of Catbus from Totoro.

Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).

The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.

I can go on...
>>
>>82807434
Yeah that's about it.
>>
>>82807374
this was okay but Tomm Moore's part was the only one really worth anything
>>
>>82807530
Season 1 is good

Season 2 is shit

Season 3 is the best

Season 4 is great
>>
>>82806417
true mediocrity is met with disinterest
>>
>>82806346
Season 1 had potential, but ultimately squandered it with with an awful love triangle, pointless sub-plots, and a god-awful ending.

Season 2 was pure shit.

Season 3 was decent, but only because it had good execution of a rather lame story.

Season 4 was like a weird mix of all the previous seasons. It had some potential, which it squandered. It had terrible parts, that felt like a thirteen year old wrote it. And it had some decently executed parts to it, that overall felt kinda meaningless.
>>
>>82806346
> Pic not related.
>>
>>82806346
pic unrelated
>>
>>82808579
Not really

People had expectations of Korra, that's the difference. If it was just a random mediocre cartoon, it would be different but it's the sequel of one of the most beloved cartoon series of all time for /co
>>
>>82808865
>Season 2 was pure shit.
Plot-wise, sure, but it introduced the best character.
>>
>>82806346

And what cartoon is that, OP?
>>
>>82807765
Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Asami?
>>
>>82808946
true
>>
For those that care, you can get the entire series plus extras on iTunes for $29.99 until the 16th.
>>
>>82809191
Because all LoK females are hot as fuck.
>>
You know a show sucks when there's a lack of rule 34 for ANY of the Beifongs.

There's like millions of Toph Rule 34 during the TLA airing. The lack of Rule 34 for Lin, Suyin and Opal is disgusting.
>>
Even then, when you rewatch ATLA after some time you end coming to the realization that it wasn't as good as you once thought. It peaked in Book 1 (and mainly due to the great performance of Jason Isaacs as Zhao), while remaining pretty inconsistent in quality throughout books 2 and 3 (and I would even say that it suffered a considerable drop in the quality of the scripts in the transition from book 2 to 3 with the MUH ANGSTY AANG bullshit)
>>
File: the darkvatar.png (2MB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
the darkvatar.png
2MB, 1912x1072px
>>82806654
>the highs were higher
What highs?
>>
File: gyQVC9FL.png (173KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
gyQVC9FL.png
173KB, 552x552px
>>82809799

I'm not saying that there's no Rule 34.

I'm just saying that it unlike the 22 pages of Toph Rule 34, Lin and Suyin got only like 3 to 5 pages of Rule 34.

It just shows that no one cared about LoK to make enough fanart of it.

I should be able to have tonnes of Lin Bei Fong gangbang art goddamnit!
>>
File: 1441619481572.gif (92KB, 450x521px) Image search: [Google]
1441619481572.gif
92KB, 450x521px
>>82807371
Nice rebuttal there anon.
>>
>>82809935
I'm afraid Korra and Asami grabbed way too much attention, even more after the dyke ending.
>>
>>82808533
Season 3 was still trash. Straight up abandoning everything from season 2 was terrible, especially since Korra caused the conflict in the first place. The villains were nonsensical at best, plot holes everywhere and they even rushed character development they introduced in that season, they introduced characters that were actually worse than the main cast somehow, and was overall a slog to watch.
>>
>>82810071
i want both korra and asami to use me as if I were a sex toy between the two. I wanna be the kickstand to their two wheel bicycle.
>>
File: 1463163356290.jpg (95KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
1463163356290.jpg
95KB, 680x989px
>>82806346
>>82806654
>>82806517
Bait harder.
>>
>>82809935
I know what you're getting at, but I think in order to be fair you have to give the Avatar: Korra supporting characters 10 years to develop 22 pages like Avatar: Airbender characters have.

Rome wasn't built in a day right?
>>
>/co/ says a cartoons is
>it isn't, it never even existed
>>
>>82810139
>implying they wouldn't use you to have some proper relief after growing tired of just rubbing wet cunts
Can't imagine how hungry they must be.
>>
>>82809777
Lin was a jilted weak willed spinster who took her problems out on other people and had to bow out to her shitty family.
Suyin was Ayn Rand who got to where she is because of ill gotten money and Beifong inherited money that seems to have went to her and not Lin.
Opal was made just for Bolin's cock since they needed a reason to keep Bolin in the story so they decided to ruin any attempt at character for Opal and just make her a cock warmer.

Toph in AtLA had purpose, will, and was a loli.
>>
>>82810184
>both of them get 95% to an orgasm from all the foreplay they do to each other
>the each last under 20 thrusts on me
>>
>>82810184
>Implying the president of a technological powerhouse doesn't have the craziest dildos around
>Implying you can't do some freaky shit with waterbending.

But really, all I wanted was more cute loving hand holding sex between Varrick and Zhu li
>>
>>82810288
Putting your dick in the pussy sandwich seems more practical.
>>
>>82810317
>have to put all my body weight down on top of them to keep them together they're shaking so badly
>>
>>82810165
>>
>>82810165
>le bait meme

Are Korra haters actually this retarded or are they just pretending?
>>
>>82810224

Those three reasons are why I want to fap to them more.

There's more potential for fan art with what you've said. Lin fucks everyone in the police department, Suyin has her own collection of male sex slaves and Opal wants Bolin to dominate her.

Based on S2, there should be fan art of Mako in a foursome with Lin, Asami and Korra. That could have actually help Korrasami make sense.
>>
>>82809191
Because Asami is made to get fucked.
>>
File: 1463145774272.png (53KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1463145774272.png
53KB, 500x501px
>>82806346
You can post this everyday

And I still won't like it
>>
File: sad mako.png (73KB, 295x429px) Image search: [Google]
sad mako.png
73KB, 295x429px
>named after beloved dead VA
>gets tons of hate from people
>then his ex-gfs turn lesbian after dating him
>ends up alone while even Varrick gets married
Mako had a hard life.
>>
>>82807924
Not that anon but you forgot that Bryke even mentioned that ATLAs artstyle was inspired by Miyazaki's works.
>>
>>82810688
>your two gf's turn lesbians and cuck you with each other
Ouch.
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162KB, 1285x976px) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162KB, 1285x976px
>>82810403
there is no sense is liking shit, anon. Pic related might help you if it all went above your head.
>>
>>82811594
Stop posting that in every single thread you goober
>>
>>82806346
I'm glad you liked it. I do not share your opinion, but that's ok.
>>
>>82811630
>meme
LoK is objectively a bad show. Saying it's "great" is an obvious bait.
>>
File: tumblr_ng13kaqCyW1rxojvro1_1280.png (291KB, 690x955px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng13kaqCyW1rxojvro1_1280.png
291KB, 690x955px
>>82806346
>>
>>82811659
I don't even do that. But it does have a lot of truth in it. Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.
>>
>>82811764
>Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.
People are just tired of pointing out the flaws since you keep posting that in every thread.
>>
>>82809885
well, vaatu's beam weapon had a cool sound effect. that counts for something, right?
>>
>>82811965
And people post that because they are tired of pointing out the flaws in korra
>>
>First season
Great, brilliant concept exploring post atla world and a strong muscular female character that doesn't have to be a lesbian. Can't wait for season two!

>Second season
Nigga, what is this? Did that guy just turn into a giant demon thing? At least Varrick was cool, maybe third season? I hope they do four.

>Third season
Red lotus? Sound cheese but they are actually pretty gangster. Dude, did that chick just get her head blown off? Korra going beserker and swinging about chains? Fucking dope, more pls

>Season 4
Well this is pretty fucking miserable. Su lee mech fighting is cool, oh wait, now it's depressing again. Wait where the fuck did the evangelion come from? Korra's a lesbian now? Kuvira is basically qt hitler and gets left in jail

Overall big dissappointment, could of been a great show building more on the avatar world, breaking stereotypes and playing more on critical thinking instead of punchy punchy.

But nope, lets simplify everyone and throw in a giant robot or kaiju at the end.
>>
>>82812292
>people
>implying it isn't one autist who reposts it all the time
>>
File: WATERTRIBE.gif (999KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
WATERTRIBE.gif
999KB, 500x276px
>>82806346
First season was meh, second season was flat out bad. That should be enough to get any series canceled. Granted the 3rd and 4th seasons were kinda better, as proofed by OP using a season 4 pic. still overall the series was overall okay. It was very fucking hit and miss. There were times it was fucking outstanding, but just as many times it was a full on failure.
>>
I only watched the first season and the last episode. I enjoyed it, but got confused why there was a robot.
Should I bother revisiting what I missed?
>>
>>82806346
I liked it better than the original but I'm not going to say it because it might upset someone.
>>
>>82814793
Yes, season 3 has the best Avatar villains.
>>
>>82806346

Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show.

Who has that webcomic where a sweaty anime nerd snaps at the beginning of a meeting and slams a book on the table, launching into a tirade about some detail nobody cares about? Because that's exactly what's happening here.
>>
>>82810112
this>>82810403
>>
>>82815116
this we can never have a good avatar thread because korra haters scream how bad the show is
>>
>>82806346
The only thing I miss about this show is the end credits theme. Reminds me of when I moved to Brooklyn.
>>
File: 073.gif (2MB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
073.gif
2MB, 500x285px
>>82815116
>Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show

When the majority of defenders in this thread are flinging even more shit, you have no right to talk. Fuck, even your own post is flamebait. If you want to discuss the show then discuss it and ignore what you don't like. But resorting to such desperate tactics to validate your opinion is disgusting.
>>
>>82806745
I watched it as season 1 of Korra was airing. I had been meaning to do it and my friend had been watching Korra.
ATLA is way, way better.
S3 of Korra is the best it ever got.
>>
>>82808040
It was my favorite part but I certainly wouldn't say that.
>>
>>82807252
There's animation outside of America.
>>
>>82807924
>as it is in Avatar.
Nature barely has a role in Avatar. It's mainly a man vs man conflict.

I believe you that they tried to ape some of his design though.

>Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).
It's almost like... a story!

>The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.
Bullshit.
>>
>>82815213
On the contrary, if we have a thread only about ATLA and NEVER mention Korra, everything goes swimmingly.

Unfortunately, Korra is pure shit that always has to be brought up.
>>
>>82818514
That's not contrary to what he said, Tardyvarius.
>>
>>82807572
>>82807645

LoK was originally planned to be 6 episodes. They got more time even before the production started.

ATLA was in the pitch phase of five years before Nick picked it up.

LoK was unpolished but it had more money and more seasons then ATLA.

The problem rests entirely on Bryke for not keeping the talent that refnd their writing and not doing what what other producers could have done in a fraction of time they take. They sucked and being rushed was not an excuse given how they were given what would have been normal expectations.
>>
>>82818618
So do we know for a fact that they didn't want/try to hire more writers?
Because that seems like a huge oversight from whoever didn't hire more writers, be it Nick being confident in Bryke or Bryke being too confident in themselves.

Hell even if Bryke wanted to write solo, Nick shold have stepped in.

Not saying Bryke aren't entirely responsible for their own failures, but I think Nick should have stepped in and forced them to hire more writers.
>>
File: Korra_exposing_Amon.png (151KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Korra_exposing_Amon.png
151KB, 444x250px
YOU'VE BEEN DECEIVED! AMON IS A WATER-BENDER!
>>
File: amon.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
amon.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>82818715
No I'm not
>>
>>82813747
>Overall big dissappointment, could of been a great show building more on the avatar world, breaking stereotypes and playing more on critical thinking instead of punchy punchy.
>But nope, lets simplify everyone and throw in a giant robot or kaiju at the end.

Don't insult kaiju fans now, every season was a cop out. It's clear that they ran out of ideas alot, almost every season finale.
>>
>>82807482
>no he shouldn't have killed the fire lord
But he should. His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty, but in the end he was like "nah, I'm going to be air nomad and even get a girl crush on which held me back all this time"
>>
File: air4-1203.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
air4-1203.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
>>82818769
Shit
>>
>>82818780
This I didn't even stay for Season 2. Season 1 was too shit to keep with it. I saw a few season 3 episodes. They were shit, people who like LoK have no taste. It wasn't passable on any level.
>>
>>82818795
>His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty
Not really, it was a moral conflict that could have gone either way (picking either duty or morals), the problem here is he didn't have to make that difficult choice because he was bailed out by the writers.
Instead he got to have his cake and eat it too.

And don't give me some "there's always a way" shit, Superman writers are usually clever enough that they make it so that HE finds another way, not that another way finds him.
>>
File: 1453149269.jpg (38KB, 565x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453149269.jpg
38KB, 565x400px
LoK made me to love fictional and real females, and now I have to suffer bc no gf.
Damn you, Korra.
>>
>>82806346
Pic unrelated?
I mean, it's a 6/10 overall
>>
>>82819015
>Metalbending liquids
How can people forget their own lore? It's not like they took over from the different team and had to build on what they heard. This is their show. Hell, they remembered rules in the first season.
>>
>>82819050
And what should they do with liquid metal?
>>
>>82819129
Be unable to bend it.
>>
>>82819164
Evolution and stuff?
>>
>>82819050
>Metalbending liquids
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>82819267
Metalbending was established to work by bending impurities embedded within it. Liquid as we saw it doesn't seem to be viscosous enough to not have what impurities are left to just be ripped out.

>>82819232
Platinum featured prominently as a "metal so pure you can't bend it".
>>
>>82819308
>Liquid as we saw it doesn't seem to be viscosous enough to not have what impurities are left to just be ripped out.
It's probably chi that holds it together, with the impurities thing existing so earthbenders can wrap their head around it.
>>
File: 1459878158305.jpg (293KB, 630x891px) Image search: [Google]
1459878158305.jpg
293KB, 630x891px
>show says Korra is muscular
>we never see her abs
>>
File: 1460425630715.png (891KB, 1267x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1460425630715.png
891KB, 1267x1076px
>>82819401
>show implies Korra and Asami are lesbians
>we don't get to see them going at it
>>
File: Gumball.png (320KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Gumball.png
320KB, 640x360px
>>82806346
>/co/ says a cartoon is good
>it's actually a great meh
>>
>>82819454
We will see it in comics maybe?
>>
>>82814911
you will just show people that you have low standards.

>>82814976
>season 3 has the best Avatar villains
"muh chaos"
>>
File: tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg (81KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg
81KB, 540x540px
>>82819454
LoK should have an R-rated spin-off.

That's en vogue now.
>>
>>82815213
>haters
you mean stating the truth?

>>82818795
>His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty
his duty is to stop the war, not to kill.

>even get a girl crush on which held me back all this time
being an avatar or an air nomad has nothing to do with not falling in love. Some avatars were even married, and had children.
>>
>>82819308
>Metalbending was established to work by bending impurities embedded within it
if that was true metalbending should break the metal instead of 'bend it', and shouldn't be able to make certain moves (like Toph's 'metal armor'). It is also never stated to be that. Actually, the Guru wasnt even specifically talking about earthbending.
>>
>>82819401
>show says Korra is muscular
Not really, no. She just has broad manly shoulders and non-skeletic arms. Fans ran away with that and made her a muscle girl.
>inb4 but she's a martial artist, how could she not be muscular
Same way all the other women in Avatar aren't muscular.

A beach episode would have been nice though, considering how much the fan porn helped keeping people interested.
>>
File: 1449332324255.jpg (421KB, 700x949px) Image search: [Google]
1449332324255.jpg
421KB, 700x949px
>>
>>82819763
Oh boy, here we go again, the AtlA ending defence force is here.
>>
>>82819724
The Legend of Korra movie was just 180 minutes of Korra and Asami scissor

It won eight oscars that year
>>
>>82807147
Could you imagine painstakingly waiting every week for a new episode of TLA, and its the fucking bridge?!

That's why ATLA is regarded as better. I prefer it over LoK, but a big part of that is because I was able to plow through all the episodes good or bad, and didn't come here and watch us nitpick it all.

I could just enjoy it.
>>
>>82819817
i'm just saying that perhaps your headcanon that Aang MUST kill Ozai is not true.

Not only that, they addressed the issue on the latest comic. Leaving Ozai alive wasn't without repercussion.
>>
>>82819797
Bryke went on about how they physically based her design on female MMA fighters.

It's not like the fanart of Korra being buff is a complete asspull.
>>
>>82819850
Thank you, based Snyder.
>>
>>82808579
Late to the party, but I'm going to have to agree with this guy.
>>82808919
>>
>>82819874
I love this artist.
>>
>>82819864
*The Great Divide
>>
File: stokes.png (638KB, 1007x651px) Image search: [Google]
stokes.png
638KB, 1007x651px
>>82819873
Not the guy you were answering to originally, I just see people go to ridiculous lengths to argue that the ending of AtlA was a good resolution to Aang's moral conflict.
If that's not what you're arguing, then my bad.

My opinion on the topic is here >>82818953

>>82819874
That's a lie, they based her off Alison Stokes, a pole vaulter (who does have nice abs). There was even a pic in their office.
I'm just saying the design in the end didn't make her look particularly muscular, especially compared to some of the fan art where she looks like Titania.
>>
>>82819910
The guy on the left is helping her stretch and the guy on the right is tickling her chin and doing baby talk which is aggravating Korra. The guy in the background is actually a mannequin.
>>
File: _anciana_sonriendo.png (127KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
_anciana_sonriendo.png
127KB, 444x250px
>>82809719
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1003x927px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1003x927px
>>82809191
>>82807765
>Korra and Asami will never choose you to help get them pregnant for a kid
>>
File: 14123189859321.png (437KB, 850x848px) Image search: [Google]
14123189859321.png
437KB, 850x848px
>>82819983
Okay, all young ones.
>>
>>82819952
> just see people go to ridiculous lengths to argue that the ending of AtlA was a good resolution to Aang's moral conflict.
It wasn't bad. Not saying there wasn't a better way to end the show, but there is nothing inherently wrong with what happened. Some people keep screaming 'DEUS EX' when it's nothing like that, and kind of forget all Aang had to endure to control the avatar state.
>>
File: Suyin.png (87KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Suyin.png
87KB, 333x250px
>>82820010
>all young ones
>>
File: 1462375022294.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1462375022294.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>82806654
100% agree
>>
>>82820011
>there is nothing inherently wrong with what happened.
Yeah, there was. They spent several episodes setting up Aang having a difficult moral choice to make. And in the end not only did he not have to make that choice, he didn't have to figure out a way out of that choice, the writers dumped it on him.
That entirely destroys the dramatic buildup of the previous episodes.

> it's nothing like that
It's exactly like that. The setup for the Lion Turtles was never that they could give the Avatar spirit-bending powers.
You can't just set up that there are powerful spirits in your world and consider that enough to use them to resolve the characters' personal conflict. That's pretty damn close to a textbook case of Deus Ex, where (previously existing in the setup) gods would come to help the characters when they were in a jam.

> kind of forget all Aang had to endure to control the avatar state
Which would be nice if it was used as the reason he gets it back before the fight against Ozai. Instead of, you know, the writers bailing hm out there too with a lucky fall on a pointy rock.

He doesn't earn shit of what happens in that final fight.
>>
>>82820011
>there's nothing inherently wrong with muh spirit turtle coming out of nowhere and fixing a moral dilemma that had also been a running theme from the start

Not the guy you're responding to, but that turtle was retarded as fuck. I understand he struggles with the avatar state, that doesn't change that the ending was handled poorly.
>>
>>82810688
how weak his dick game must be to turn 2 chicks gay?
>>
File: 136961d952[1].jpg (167KB, 637x625px) Image search: [Google]
136961d952[1].jpg
167KB, 637x625px
>>82820010
This won't do.
>>
>>82820076
>They spent several episodes setting up Aang having a difficult moral choice to make
and he made it. He decided not to kill Ozai, and even had the chance to kill him with lightning on that fight. The 'way out' (the avatar state) was only possible Because he could control it. Should he not made his entire journey, he would have just killed Ozai since he couldn't control it.

>The setup for the Lion Turtles was never that they could give the Avatar spirit-bending powers
spirit bending does not saves Aang. Ozai was defeated before that.

>>82820078
the thing is, the turtle doesn't change anything. It is weird, but hardly makes any impact on the ending. Aang defeated Ozai regardles of turtle.
>>
>>82820109
It's in paheal, just search for Asami_Sato and it's in the first 10 pages, I think.
>>
>>82820126
You don't understand shit about drama.
The choice that was set up was not to kill Ozai or not, it was to compromise his morals (killing Ozai) or risk failing his duty (not managing to stop Ozai because he didn't want to kill him). It's made a damn false dichotomy by the writers dumping a way for Aang to not have to compromise anything, a way to definitely stop him without killing him. It literally erases the moral dilema entirely.

>The 'way out' (the avatar state) was only possible Because he could control it.
And because of a lucky fall on a pointy rock.

>spirit bending does not saves Aang. Ozai was defeated before that.
Oh fucking hell it's you again. It saves him the trouble of choosing whether to kill him, or to spare him and risk him coming back.
"Defeating him" was never in question, that wasn't the conflict, the question was how do you stop him durably, and the only response the world provided to Aang was "you gotta kill him, bro". But lucky him: spirit bending!
>inb4 something retarded like "they could have just imprisonned him"
Yeah, surprising that nobody thought to say that when Aang was going all angsty about murder being the only way to stop Ozai.

You're a complete retard or severly deluded, never try to write ficiton please. Go back to watching DBZ, I think this children cartoon was too deep for you.
>>
>>82819952
>That's a lie
"Korra's character was inspired by various female MMA fighters, as Bryan Konietzko is a fan of mixed martial arts. In addition, she was indirectly inspired by one of Bryan Konietzko's sisters."
Says wikipedia.

They directly mentioned Gina Carano in one interview too.
>>
It says a lot when MLP can do your basic idea for a plot and do it better
>>
>>82820274
And they were lying.
She looks exactly like Alison Stokke and nothing like Gina Carano.
>>
>>82808533
season 1 is ok
season 2 is terrible, but has the only 2 episodes that are great
season 3 is pretty good, but has a number of problems
season 4 was ok
>>
I liked Amon and the Lieutenant. He seemed pretty gay for Amon, though.
>>
>>82820269
>The choice that was set up was not to kill Ozai or not, it was to compromise his morals (killing Ozai) or risk failing his duty (not managing to stop Ozai because he didn't want to kill him)
he made the second choice, as you said: To risk failing his duty. How is that hard to understand? Risking to fail doesn't mean he has to fail.

>And because of a lucky fall on a pointy rock.
"people get hit when they are fighting". Surprise of the year. Should i remind you that he lost it by getting hit on that point as well? it makes sense. As i said, it could have gone better, but there is nothing inherently wrong with the idea. Aang is the avatar. If you were expecting him to win without the avatar state, there is just something wrong with you. It's literally a 11 years old that doesn't even master all elements against the Firelord on steroids. It's a show about the avatar, after all.

>It saves him the trouble of choosing whether to kill him, or to spare him and risk him coming back
>risk him coming back
the only thing that makes Ozai dangerous is his reputation/position of firelord. Even if he could get out of jail and manage to get his position back, this has nothing to do with being able to firebend. It literally makes no difference to "stop him durably". With or without firebending, you just throw him in jail and let him rot.

>surprising that nobody thought to say that when Aang was going all angsty about murder being the only way to stop Ozai
The only person taht really said he should kill Ozai was Sokka, and even then he said before that he doesn't care as long as they defeat Ozai. Also, they weren't counting with the avatar state. Hell, they were barely counting it all would work.
>>
>>82820389
>season 1 is ok
only if you ignore: daddy issues, AMOM IS A WATERBENDER!, Korra getting airbending/avatar state, love triangle.

>season 4 was ok
c'mon.
>>
>>82820500
Ok, to me, means I won't turn it off since I started watching anyway
>>
Korra had some great moments and also some terrible moments.

However, I do find it interesting as an academic endeavor. It's so rare to see a show take such a risk by making a sequel with such a drastic shift in setting. They went from villages to cars, drains, and mechas.
>>
I will honestly never understand how /co/ can have such a raging boner for ATLA, yet consider LoK to be utter shit. Every single complaint people have about LoK, especially when it comes to writing and Deus Ex machina resolutions to problems, is a hundred times worse in ATLA.

As much of a failure Korra was, at least she grew as a character and learnt something from her journey. Korra from s4 was a vastly different person to Korra from s1. Aang on the other hand never changed one bit. He never had to make any sacrifices, never had to challenge his childish ideals, never had to face any consequences for his failure as avatar.
>>
>>82811594
Haha, oh God, someone actually took time out of his life to write that autistic shitfest.

What enjoyment do people get out of hating a popular cartoon?
>>
>>82820607
>is a hundred times worse in ATLA.

I was starting to agree with you until this line.

>never had to face any consequences for his failure as avatar.

Except, you know, the genocide of his people.
>>
>>82820607
>Aang wasn't challenged etc
I can't speak for /co/ but I assume that's what most people liked

TLA was generally a lighthearted travel-adventure show. It doesn't wrestle with the questions Korra does by any means. In fact, Aang's journey is much more straightforward. That seems to be what people like about it.

This is as an outsider of course, I hated both of them. Could never stand a childish MC.
>>
>>82820611
>hating
You mean stating the truth.
>>
>>82820678
It's art, Anon. There is no objective truth. That's what you autists refuse to understand. Your opinion is not universal to the rest of the world, no matter how angry you get.
>>
Never seen Korra before, is it good, is it bad, how does it compare to A:TLA, is it mature-ish

What is this hate I keep seeing for Season 2
>>
>>82806346
So are you going to provide an example?
>>
>>82810071
>because of the dyke ending
ftfy, it's most of LoK rule 34 coming out atm. Sadly it got ruined along with the show because of the dyke ending.
>>
>>82820607
You're retarded right?
>>
>>82820704
>It's art, Anon. There is no objective truth
going melee with a weapon that can shoot at kilometers of distance when you don't even need to go inside the place is objectively wrong.
>>
>>82815213
Wouldn't be a problem if Korrasamifags would just admit LoK was kinda shit, then we could move on and discuss Atla in peace.
>>
>>82820916
Season 1 starts with a lot of potential, uses none of it, and then has a really bullshit ending

Season 2 is unspeakably bad from start to finish, with a pretty decent 2 parter in the middle about the origins of the Avatar.

Season 3 is actually pretty good. Like, just under Book 2: Earth levels of quality.

Season 4 is like season 1 where it has a lot going for it and then squanders it and has a crappy finale.
>>
>>82820607
Korra didn't grow, they just replaced the character every season with another personality completely unrelated to to the other seasons and the struggles she went through. With only one exception being PTSD from Zaheer, when when she was cured of it she was yet again the 4th type of Korra with nothing in common with the other Korras.
>>
>>82820607
>Deus Ex machina resolutions
literally doesn't happen in ATLA.
>>
>>82821203
this desu
>>
The show was great at building hype, but outside of season 3, terrible at cashing it in. That and the fact that it replaced world building with painful love triangles and awkward romances makes the series a pretty sub par follow up.
>>
>>82820473
>he made the second choice, as you said: To risk failing his duty.
But no he didn't, he used spirit bending.

>"people get hit when they are fighting". Surprise of the year.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Stopped reading there, you can't fucking be serious.
>>
>>82806745

Yeah, pls more of this bullshit. "You only like old Indy more than Crystall Skull cuz of nostalgia".

Show the old and the new one to a person who doesn't know either and I guarantee you that Atla > Korra. Hint: One is the thing that won lots of prizes and whatelse.
>>
File: 65745743454.png (2MB, 1638x1025px) Image search: [Google]
65745743454.png
2MB, 1638x1025px
>>82806346
>everything is either bad or really great
>>
>>82806346
>Korra
>great

You clearly have shit tastes if you think it was great. It was a 6/10 show at it's very best. That is mediocre, not great.
>>
>>82821957
Energybending didn't make any difference on that fight. He defeated Ozai regardless, before using it. Also, he made that decision when he refuaes to kill Ozai when given the chance, way before activating the avatar state, by redirecting the lightning elsewhere.

>you can't be Seriously
I know it sounds surprising, but getting hit totally happens. Anyway, even if you think it is a stretch, consider that the avatar had to come back some time since killing or not, tou cannot expect Aang to actually defeat Ozai without it.
>>
>>82806346

Korra hate is a thing I'll never understand. It's literally just a /co/ thing. It's got an 8.7 rating on imdb and everyone else seems to like it.
>>
>>82822350

basically because of this >>82811594

I wouldn't be surprised if that rating comes from the reaction to the ending alone
>>
File: 1449332839517.png (310KB, 355x588px) Image search: [Google]
1449332839517.png
310KB, 355x588px
Less shitposting, more fitness.
>>
>>82811594

>over-analyzing a children's cartoon

A few valid points there, but jeez.
>>
One of the problems with ATLA and Korra alike that they link powers with mindset, yet fail to actually link increasing them with character development.
>>
>>82822781
>>over-analyzing a children's cartoon
Where do you think we are?

>A few valid points
All of those points are valid. If they actually came out right and said that Korra was dropped on her head after every meal in her developing years then maybe I could give the show some leeway for how she acts.
Or if they admitted they couldn't make Team Avatar relevant but couldn't just get rid of them so they cooked up things to have them stay on board.
Or if they admitted they didn't know what to do from day one and honestly thought doing the opposite of everything except in visuals would work out okay.
>>
>>82822713
>brown skin
>blue eyes
>fit
>white features

god tier waifu
>>
>>82822914

Maybe they are valid, but it's not the kind of shit that ruins the whole deal for me. I still appreciate the other characters, the world, the action, the animation and music. I had a really good time watching Korra, with a few exceptions, and I will certainly watch it again.
>>
>>82822895
Aang had a beast mode inside him but as he traveled and grew he became a beast without the Avatar State.
Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
Toph took her bending to a level never thought of before.
Zuko could stand against his sister.

Korra trained ever since she found out she could manipulate more than one element and yet she loses and fails in everything and needs help at every single step of the way.
Mako just does lightning whenever even when his mindset shouldn't allow it and also his firebending is the best because.
Bolin can counter the super terrorist after just picking up the skill. That would be like one of Toph's students being able to counter her metalbending after seeing her do it twice.
Jinora is the Living Christ because.
Random airbenders get the hang of airbending under duress when Korra can't.
Lin and Suyin can't feel metal right beside them so the poison stayed in Korra despite Lin and Suyin apparently going through character development.
Opal can hold off an army of mechs with a tornado that took all the airbenders to maintain.

AtLA did successfully link powers with mindset and character development. LoK did not.
>>
>>82807482
The one thing I can forgive for the lion turtle is that energybending wasn't an "easy answer" it was another test of character. He wouldn't compromise and do the "easy" thing in killing the fire lord, and put his very existence on the line to suppress his abilities.
>>
>>82823054
>Aang had a beast mode inside him but as he traveled and grew he became a beast without the Avatar State.
>Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
>Toph took her bending to a level never thought of before.
And neither of them has personality change to back it up. Except for Zuko. That's my point.
>>
>>82823054
>Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
To be fair, Katara probably wouldn't have beaten her if she were in her prime
And Zuko would have beaten her if Katara wasn't there
>>
File: 1449333377433.jpg (347KB, 540x878px) Image search: [Google]
1449333377433.jpg
347KB, 540x878px
>>82822955
Yeah, Korra's design is pure sex.

It's an achievement in and of itself that they nearly managed to turn everyone off of her through writing.
>>
>>82823074
>And neither of them has personality change to back it up. Except for Zuko. That's my point.
Why does your personality have to change? Can't it just be you learn to control yourself and adapt to the situations around you while showing your good qualities like how >>82823062 reminds us?

Some say Mako became less centric on his safety. But that's not true because he was doing selfless things since the beginning.
Korra didn't learn compassion, she had it since season 1.
Bolin didn't learn to stand outside of his brother's shadow, Varrick bought him a new shadow.
Jinora didn't overcome anything. She just remembered she was the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
Opal is Bolin's cock warmer in 3 and then she's angry in 4.
Lin has to apologize to her family for them treating her like shit, not even like dirt.
Tenzin learns he's a shitty teacher and his students learn on their own, so I guess that's why he can all of a sudden stand against 3 out of the 4 Red Lotus. I wonder what he'll do with this new mindset? Oh, I guess he won't do anything in season 4 and completely miss the point of Korra's mindset towards the end of 3. What a shame.
>>
File: ALOKAmonThatBitch-1.gif (509KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
ALOKAmonThatBitch-1.gif
509KB, 500x226px
>>82818715
>>
>>82823062
It was an easy answer. Killing fire lord was hard answer. Endangering yourself and entire world just so you could remain a pussy who can't do his job properly and neutralize a fellow who would put Pol Pot to shame is the easy answer as long as you have plot armour.
>>
>>82823402

This is dependent on the idea that Pacifism is being a "Pussy" which is incorrect.

The one issue is that his risking his life for pacifism is a bit strange when his friends literally have to kill people because there's a war going on.
>>
>>82823240
>It's an achievement in and of itself that they nearly managed to turn everyone off of her through writing.
They succeeded. The only people that do art of her are those who don't care about character or are KYHU who just have a girl boner and latch onto whatever is out there like Overwatch.
>>
>>82806346
>/co/ says a cartoon is bad
I never said that
>>
>>82823589
It's one thing to risk your own life because of your beliefs and not fight and it's another to not do your fucking job and letting the world literally burn just to keep your hands clean.
>>
>>82822970
You have low standards for logic.
>>
>>82814976

>best Avatar villains
>three of them with no deeply distinguishable personalities or history to match other Avatar villains
>Founded completely on anarchy because all four of them were too stupid to double check their history book

"things will be ok again if we revert the world back to its natural order except things weren't ok and the world was still facing the exact same problems then"

>inb4 someone is actually enough of a retard to say this is deep and well done characterization
>>
>>82823636
Yeah. That's why I agree it's not perfect. Energy Bending existing could have been built up better, but it was alright.

His moral decision makes perfect sense for his character, but not perfect sense for the situation.
>>
>>82823402
Not him, but it wasnt an answer at all. He defeated the firelord already before energybending.
>>
>>82823772
How to defeat the fire lord is not the question. The question was is how to deal with him once he's defeated because a man with so much innate power can not be contained. And energybending suddenly showed up and gave an easy answer to this. Both for writers and for Aang.
>>
>>82823636
Aang literally did his job in the end. Stop your bloodlust for a second.
>>
>>82821297
> What are lion turtles
>>
>>82823817
Dude, the firelord is like any other firebenders. Are you saying all firebenders get killed instead of being sent to jail? Not only that, Aang actually contained him a moment before energybending.
>>
File: white.png (158KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
white.png
158KB, 600x451px
>>82822955
>white features
>anime style
Don't kid yourself, hers are asian features.
This is what white features look like in anime.
>>
>>82823240
I still like her a lot, but i also try to ignore the worst parts of the writing, mostly because she came across as OOC in those moments, particularly the start of Book 2 and the end of Book4.

However i can't deny how frustrating it was watching Korra suck at fighting when that was supposed to be her strong point.
>>
>>82823856
As we're diacussing, it is a way to close the entire energybending arc, that they actually talk about since S01, and put in the finale without actually saving Aang from anything.
>>
>>82823827
Well, he did. Because he got easy answer
>Should I do my duty and get my hands dirty or should I say fuck it and let thousands, millions, whatever population of Avatarverse is perish in fire to keep my hands clean?
>Fear not, Aang, why not do both? Here, have some powers useful specifically for this occasion never alluded to before

>>82823871
This is what the show told me. I mean, if we could just be content with jail, why even have Lionturtle? Whole detour is meaningless.
>>
File: white wymen.jpg (31KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
white wymen.jpg
31KB, 500x284px
>>82823896
>>
>>82823871
Wouldn't say he is like any othe fire bender. He is afterall the most powerful firebender during Atla, except for the Avatar i guess.

>inb4 Iroh
Iroh was doubting his ability to defeat Ozai, it wasn't just a moral dillemma for him.
>>
>>82806346
>great

it's worth watching, it has a good seasons (I think 1 and 3 were the better ones from what I remember) and some decent moments in the shitty season but it's nowhere near "great". Korra ain't got shit on TLA. Still, it's worth watching if you like avatar.
>>
>>82823939
First of, you're thinking Aang could actually defeat Ozai by himself (without avatar state) and that's just bullshit. He is 11 years old, and fighting the firelord powered by a comet. He only got one chance at a cheap shot and that's it. Deciding or not to kill, he would need avatar state. And if he does have the avatar state, there is no need to kill.

>why even have lion turtles
To explain the whole energybending thing that started since S01. It literally doesnt help or save Aang. At all.
>>
>>82823939
The issue is that energybending was dangerous for him. He was willing to risk his existence to preserve life, which from his perspective is valuable.

It did come up a bit suddenly though.
>>
>>82806346
Both make mistakes at times.

>Characters in ATLA are better
All of the main cast is fucking great. More or less every character that mattered had a great backstory. Everyone has mysteries in their past that are never fully revealed.

Aang - A fun-loving avatar who is ashamed of failing the world several times and not being strong enough to save his family with a struggle between the ability to save the world and the "ability" to care for it and to have empathy for it. (See episodes Guru and The Storm) Is inventive with trying alternative approaches, but this also makes him lack confidence. He defeated his enemy by disarming him, something that even the past avatars didn't think of, adding to the Avatar legacy and to the abilities of future Avatars to spirit-bend. Contrast with Korra who made every decision based on instinct and kept losing. Unraveled the Avatar legacy.

Katara - The "mom" of the team who feels the need to protect everyone because of responsibility shoved onto her at a young age combined with sudden and unexpected loss. Is emotional because of her empathy and the fact that every blow her friends take is also taken by her. She fought
an ACTUAL and realistic patriarchy, but did so with confidence and by demonstrating her ability and having patience instead of whining about her problems. Doesn't consider her feminity a flaw. Has clear flaws because she is human. Contrast with Asami who is more or less a Mary-Sue and with Korra.

I could do this with every character in the original team, but I think these two will do.

(Cont.)
>>
>>82823962
Nowhere it is said he is the most powerful. Actually, considering he wasnt sent to War, i doubt his power. Also, Iroh didn't question his ability, he just believes Aang should do it. Hell, even Zuko makes Ozai BTFO in one episode.
>>
>>82824064

Bolin is a Sokka clone who, instead of actually having useful abilities and learning new skills to keep up, relies on his older brother and gets a Special Snowflake bending upgrade for free to sort out his insecurity crisis.
Mako is a (milder) Zuko clone who has no backstory whatsoever except he had to "be bad" to protect Bolin.
Korra is an amalgam of Aang (Abilities), Katara (The problems she faced) and Toph (the other half of the problems she faced and her personality), but has none of the strengths and all of the weaknesses of the said characters. She has more or less no actual backstory that affected her personality.
Asami is a female Mako who is really smart and can kick ass, but has even less of a real motivation to be on the team.
Tenzin is a wise man who still isn't because he is inflexible, the very opposite of what airbenders were supposed to be.

Try to write more about them that ISN'T in their original versions and/or worse than their original versions.
Now here's hardmode: What are their motivations as characters? Tenzin is just a moralfag, Asami hangs around these people because lol friendship. Korra doesn't really have one apart from "I'm the Avatar!", Mako's is "I want to be a better person and I became a cop to have a reason to fight people to blow off steam while being good". That's the best one, by the way. Bolin also doesn't really have a reason to stick around either.

(Cont.)
>>
>>82824024
>First of, you're thinking Aang could actually defeat Ozai by himself (without avatar state) and that's just bullshit. He is 11 years old, and fighting the firelord powered by a comet. He only got one chance at a cheap shot and that's it. Deciding or not to kill, he would need avatar state. And if he does have the avatar state, there is no need to kill.
It would be a tight fight, but Aang has versatility on his side so he plausibly can win. Let's not start on chiropractic rock here.
>>why even have lion turtles
>To explain the whole energybending thing that started since S01. It literally doesnt help or save Aang. At all.
Are you retarded? Are you having a laugh at my expense here? The whole problem with finale for Aang was that he feels like he must kill Ozai, he ran away because he couldn't do it and he came back because he found a bullshit way to do it.
>>
>>82820184
Next time just link a fucking post on /aco/.
>>
>>82824065
The implication is pretty fucking clear throughout the show that Ozai is the most powerful individual bender in the world. Why else does Aang worry so much if he even has the capability to beat him?
>>
>>82824079
Music in ATLA is better. Listen to the Last Agni Kai and you get what I mean.

Plot arc in ATLA is better. Some odd stuff happens here and there, but it's always built up well when it comes down to major plot points. In Korra it just repeats (Korra faces a new interesting enemy. She gets defeated, then again (but this time worse) (this step can be repeated as many times as necessary) but ultimately the enemy is defeated because of complete BS reasons. This is every season by the way.)
Mythos in ATLA is better (Korra only built on the existing stuff and often made things worse. Even the best episode about Avatar Wan revealed a mystery of a far higher caliber than it had any right to.)
Korra was made solely to pander to Tumblr in EVERY WAY IMAGINEABLE (Romances, shipping, LGBT agenda, rule of cool)
Korra also feels the need to make things darker and as such bastardize every original Team Avatar character (except Sokka, he was just forgotten), particularly Aang.

Things that were better in Korra: Villains (but they were handled worse and built up only to be defeated in a shit way), Animation, invention creativity (arguably, I'm trying to find something here), cities.
>>
>>82824065
He is hyped up as the most dangerous individual from the get go of the series. It is also generally accepted that Iroh is the strongest firebender we see in the show until Ozai shows up, and Iroh specificly states that it would be wrong of him to defeat Ozai, IF he even could.

As for him not joining the war, he is the firelord he doesn't go to war personally unless it's to make a statement, like during the finale.
>>
>>82824138
The implication is only that he is stronger than mooks, not the most powerful Bender. There is also the comet to add. To the threat.
>>
File: 1460922419085.jpg (121KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1460922419085.jpg
121KB, 1000x750px
>>82822713
>>82822955
she's literally the perfect mixed girl
>sexy chocolate skin
>thick and fit
>cute nose
>beautiful blue eyes
>flowing straight hair
>lesbian(or bi, whatever...)
>>
>>82819814
>abs go all the way up past the end of the sternum
Oh come on.
>>
>>82806346
No, Korra is actually bad, you just have shit taste
>>
>>82824202
You are really really overthinking this. Ozai is the end boss of a kid's show, therefore he's the most powerful threat.
>>
>>82824226
That last one isn't a positive.
>>
>>82824065
>Also, Iroh didn't question his ability, he just believes Aang should do it.

>Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war.

The subtext is pretty subtle here, but I think that when he said he didn't know if he'd be able to beat Ozai, what he meant was that he he didn't know if he'd be able to beat Ozai.
>>
>>82824151
I think that 'hype' is mostly them not knowing how powerful he is, and again, doesnt mean he is the most powerful and even Zuko was able to deal with him. The fact that Aang himself is inexperient compared to Ozai, and that there is Sozin comet, is probrably where the threat comes from. Fact is, he can be imprisoned.
>>
>>82806346

Adventure Time Season 6
>>
>>82806346

Pure disapointment in animated form.
It could have been something great, but they fucked it up at every turn.
>>
>>82822174
I?ll reiterate: you're a retard and children cartoons are too deep for you.
>>
>>82824295
Did you not watch DBZ?
>>
>>82824296
unless you're a grill
>>
>>82824374
Did you not?
>endboss of Sayian saga: Vegeta
>endboss of Namek saga: Frieza
>endboss of Cell saga: Cell
>endboss of Buu saga: Buu
The end boss is always the most powerful villain in his saga.
>>
>>82824428
>in his saga
So basically they were NEVER the strongest to begin with. Buu always existed, anon.
>>
The main problem with LoK stemmed from 10 episode seasons, each with a self contained villian, plot and resolution.

It compleately fucked up the flow of the story, and forced stupid choices to keep the status quo going.
>>
>>82824465
Goddamn you're a retard. I feel sort of bad for you.
>>
>>82806346
Pic not related
>>
>>82824079
Korra's motivation is Aang's. I agree with your points but to say she doesn't really have one isn't true.
Korra's has a motivation. The others in LoK do not.
>>
>>82824324
Sure he might be able to be imprisoned, but remember how that went with Iroh? Iroh broke out on his own, and Ozai is considered even more powerful than Iroh, so they would have to use some special prisons to do it. Might work with something like P'lis prison, but i doubt the firenation would have like anoter nation to imprison their king.
>>
Korra was bad. Not even just mediocre, it was bad.

Did it have moments of good here and there? Well shit, yeah. But a lot of really terrible shit has moments where you consider for a moment, "Hey is this actually getting better? Is this actually good?" and the answer is no for them, as it is for Korra.
>>
>>82824422
Even then, it just makes her a stereotype that could (and should) have been prevented. But get your point.
>>
>>82824467
Then they should have done something about that instead of keep on going for 4 seasons. I even recall Bryke saying they prefered it this way.
>>
That's obviously because we deal with cartoons all day.

If you have lower standards, of course most things we say are bad are actually good. Just look at those super hero threads.
>>
>>82824567

Platinum prison

Or sessions of chi-blocking
>>
>>82824735
Platinum isn't unmentable.
>>
>>82824594
>a stereotype
She was too emotional to be lesbian. Also too pretty and concerned about others and boys.
>>
Korra was so bad it killed interest in the franchise, something not even shalamamba's movie managed to do.
>>
>>82824973
She used to be, but now shes just a butch lesbian.
>>
>>82824975
Shyllama's movie wasn't canon, it was just an adaptation.

>>82824762
He'd need TECHNOLOGY smuggled in.
>>
Korra was worse than How I Became Yours.
Hear me out,

HIBY was bad, but hilariously mediocre.
Lok was just insufferably boring and stupid.
>>
File: 1459879511896.png (1MB, 827x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1459879511896.png
1MB, 827x1280px
>>82823596
I personally feel like she got better as things went along. It definitely felt like a soft reboot of the character when she got amnesia (though that itself was laughable).
And she's generally a more likable person in the later half of the show.

>>82823912
Yeah, the fact that she acted like she had huge brass balls, despite getting her ass kicked most of the time was one of the factors that made me dislike her.
Specifically because the show didn't seem to be aware of it either. If they had played her misplaced confidence for laughs, it might have been a good trait.
>>
>>82825227
HIBY was a fancomic made with zero money and only one crazy person's obsession

LoK had money and talent working on it.

LoK is bad on this alone.
>>
Korra has my favourite season of the show, Change, but every other season is worse than ATLA.

Change was interesting and stuck with me just based on all the really adult shit they pulled with it. The bad guys straight up murder people, the main hero gets crippled and spirals downward into depression, somewhat interesting political agendas are explored, it has some of the best fights, etc. It really stands out as an example of writers taking a huge risk and it paying off.

Now, if Nick, or whoever owns Avatar was smart, they would make a show about Wan OR a show about one of the old Avatars. OR it would be a show about Korra learning about her past lives from Tenzin because she can't speak with them anymore.
>>
>>82819983

Shit mom. Shit Woman. Toph was at the end of her life, nothing short of a waste of time.
>>
>>82806346

a.) /co/ isn't all one person

b.) people on /co/ regularly say shows like Clearance and Teen Titans Go! are great. This is because you can say absolutely anything you want with no repercussions and lying/taking wildly contrarian positions is rewarded with attention.
>>
File: 1459940225670.jpg (450KB, 1000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1459940225670.jpg
450KB, 1000x2500px
>>82824226
It's hard to find a more perfect specimen.
That much is for sure. However after muling it over for a while, I prefer the bob to the wolftail.
>>
>>82825477
>/co/ isn't all one person
with all the samefagging going on here you can never be sure
it might be you who wrote this reply or I could be replying to my own post right now
>>
File: 1456438660806.jpg (615KB, 1280x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1456438660806.jpg
615KB, 1280x1435px
>>82826305
Asami is hotter.
>>
>>82806346
Follow the porn, OP. If a show has a lot of porn than chances are the show is good. Or watchable.
>>
>>82825477
>Teen Titans Go! are great.
you're the first to say that.
>>
>>82828506
>mlp
>>
>>82828081
this nigga knows the truth
>>
File: 1384642027946.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384642027946.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>82828081
God no. Get that boring-ass piece of wallpaper away from me. I want my brown goddess.
>>
>>82806745
I didn't watch ATLA but decided to watch Korra

It was only good for the first 2, maybe 3 episodes. Entire series went downhill the second Korra and Mako kissed for the first time, and the finale just undid any of the interesting plot points in the series for needless Status Quo.

No, I don't care if it "Got better in Season 4". My interest for any of the shows future was already killed entirely when Korra got all her abilities handed back to her by ghosts.
>>
File: tumblr_o04rpcyj751rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg (450KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o04rpcyj751rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg
450KB, 900x770px
>>82828081
They're both hot.
But Asami isn't exactly unique.
Korra's design is a much rarer combination of attractive traits.

Let me put it this way: While Asami is a very pretty horse, she's not a unicorn.
Don't start any MLP shit here.
>>
>>82829087

You should watch ATLA
>>
File: trg.png (231KB, 900x567px) Image search: [Google]
trg.png
231KB, 900x567px
>>82829509
ok
>>
>>82810317
Source?
>>
>>82810511
Source?
>>
>>82829715
>>82829749
Search the filenames in google dude.
>>
>>82811090
Source?
>>
File: 1420349674733.jpg (235KB, 625x750px) Image search: [Google]
1420349674733.jpg
235KB, 625x750px
>>82829628
Do you think season 1 of ATLA is good? It feels so different from the rest of the franchise now.
>>
>>82806346
I've found that an individual's views on LoK are greatly dependent on whether or not you've seen AtLA; most people that saw and loved the original series detest Korra. I've spoken to a few people that saw Korra without ever seeing Avatar and most of those people loved it.
In the end, I think Korra suffered from the success of Avatar: Korra tried to be it's own beast and lots of fans crucified it for being different from Avatar.
Not to say that Korra was perfect--it had lots of it's own problems--but when I tried looking at it while pretending that I knew nothing of the original series, I found that I didn't judge Korra so harshly.
>>
>>82830253
2bh Korra was kinda bad. I didn't want to admit that and kept on watching all of it and making excuses on brykes behalf, like scheduling or nick having a hand in it. But what i believe now is that given enough time bryke will manage to turn everyone away, people just have different thresholds. For me it was after realising via Korrasami that all the bad writing in the show wasn't because of some outside force, it was just bryke who actually thought they did a good job.
>>
File: tumblr_nm37m20wfp1qix1c2o1_1280.png (572KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm37m20wfp1qix1c2o1_1280.png
572KB, 600x825px
>>82830253
I'm sure that's true for a lot of people.
Me? I saw ATLA first, but since I was late to the game, I wasn't all that in love with it.
In fact I have my problems with both.

However most of my issues with LoK are things that stem from the show itself.
There's this weird zig-zagging between trying to be a little more mature and maintaining its kid friendliness.
They usually wind up setting up a really intriguing conflict with no easy solutions, but it always has to come down to Korra punching somebody in the face.

And making Korra this whiny YA-novel heroine for half of her screentime was also an ill informed idea.
>>
>>82829998

it needed time to establish the setting and the characters, once you hit The Storm, everything is pretty darn good, and the finale is top notch.
>>
>>82821061
Ah yes, those famously constructive and intelligent ATLA discussions.
>HAY GUISE, ISN'T JIN TOTALLY A PROSTITUTE?!?!?
>Azula did nothing wrong she is my perfect pure waifu and NO-ONE DARE CRITICISE HER
>WHO IZ BEST GURLLLL???
>lel Zuko iz a kuc now cos the comix sed so
Can't wait to get back to that.
>>
File: salvage-avatar-state-korra.png (1MB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
salvage-avatar-state-korra.png
1MB, 1912x1072px
Korra belongs to tumblr now. I wouldn't wish a series any other death.
>>
>>82806417
The good about it was always in WHAT they were doing and never the execution. Also with the new style the nick voice actors really stood out as kiddy in their performances.
>>
Korrasami a shit
>>
>>82806346
Why are you listening to opinions on /co/?
Only /pol/ and /v/ are more wrong. And not by much.
>>
>>82823896
Oh shit is that Erik Trump?
>>
>>82806346
It's a 6/10

Season 1 was weak with poor pacing and one of the worst love triangles I've ever seen. The setting, conflict and villains were good and once things start moving the show picks up. I'm fine with the Amon twist, but it could have been better. Aang coming to the rescue at the end was also rather poorly done.

Season 2 was shit. From the first scene it shows Korra as an immature child who didn't learn anything from last season. Every scene with Mako and Tenzin makes her come off as a bitch. Uncle Palpatine is a shit villain and Vaatu was just plain boring. The Tenzin/Aang family subplot dragged and distracted from the Korra and Varick plots. The season is redeemed by the Varick subplot and the Wan episodes. I liked how Korra ended the relationship bullshit at the end of the season.

Season 3 was great. It was probably the second best season of the entire franchise behind Book 2: Earth. The villains were interesting and had abilities that made the most of Korra's choreography. Korra finally began advancing as a character and Asami finally became a character.

Book 4 was weaker than Book 3, but it was overall good. The show really should have shown us some of Kuvira's cruelty eg; the camps. The robot was also weak, but I feel like it would have been made better if Korra went giant again. It would have been a great clash between technology and spirituality.
>>
File: tumblr_nzko39gaXT1tl5boeo1_540.jpg (289KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzko39gaXT1tl5boeo1_540.jpg
289KB, 540x721px
>>82830872
>For me it was after realising via Korrasami that all the bad writing in the show wasn't because of some outside force, it was just bryke who actually thought they did a good job.
It really took you that long?
Korrasami was basically just fanservice that was disconnected from everything else. Now the times they fucked over the actual story were mindboggling and plenty.
Look at season 2. Look at all of it!
>>
>>82833603
The difference was in how they spoke about it. They barely spoke about their story or plot holes, they even sometimes admitted it was strange. Korrasami however they treated as a great victory, and bryan in particular has been very dismissive of critisism about it. They basicly got what they wanted with Korrasami, and it was obviously shit.
>>
>>82833896
>bryan in particular has been very dismissive of critisism about it.
Ah, the "hetero lens" thing?
>>
>>82834010
Not only that, he's also been very defensive when asked at cons why they chose that pairing. I think he even asked why someone had that question.
>>
>>82806417
Korra was a lot worse than mediocre
>>
File: tumblr_nsjug5xIKG1tl2kk9o1_1280.jpg (438KB, 1280x1786px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsjug5xIKG1tl2kk9o1_1280.jpg
438KB, 1280x1786px
>>
File: 1457585871605.jpg (9KB, 477x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457585871605.jpg
9KB, 477x360px
>>82820607
Le sigh.
> never had to face any consequences for his failure as avatar.
Except fucking causing the global domination of the fucking FIRE NATION. Trapping himself in a iceberg because "WAH, MEANIE MEN WANT TO FORCE ADULT THINGS ON ME, WAH!!1!", when people fucking NEEDED him for 100 damn years, yeah, he fucking failed as the Avatar. Then he came back to repent and fix what he caused, and he fucking did.
> never had to challenge his childish ideals
Read my post. Again. And again. So your faggot mind can get the point, he FAILED as the Avatar for 100 years, than got his chance thanks to some random girl he later gets with, and all of that building up to him realizing who he was and deal with it, being the Avatar.
> He never had to make any sacrifices
If you're skipping my post at this point, you're proving my point even further that you don't know shit what you're talking about. His entire duty was to protect people as the Avatar. He failed to do so, FOR 100 YEARS. Millions of fuckers had DIED thanks to his "childish ideals", not even including his Airbender tribe.
He failed. Then got the chance to redeem himself. And he did. THAT WAS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT in ATLA. What the fuck did Korra learned? Nothing that a 12 year old boy had to go through. Fucking know what you're talking about before being a fuckwad lesbian loving fanboy.
>>
>>82834770
Korra still better character wise desu
>>
>>82834820
In what way?

I might agree that she could have had a more interesting character arc, but she didn't because bryke are shit writers.
>>
>>82806346
it wasen't bad on it's own, when compared to TLA though korra is trash.
>>
I lost interest after the first season. I didn't hate it, but I didn't care enough about the characters or the storyline to continue. Also, I started getting interested in other shows (GL:TAS, etc.) that were airing at the time.

I know all of the spoilers from browsing 4chan. Have I missed anything from not watching the whole series?
>>
>>82835345
Probably not.
>>
File: 1395598337748.png (359KB, 725x720px) Image search: [Google]
1395598337748.png
359KB, 725x720px
>>82835345
I got back into anime partly because of Korra.
I really needed some type of pallet cleanser during season 2.
Thankfully that was about the time Kill la Kill was airing.
Man, Ryuuko was a so much better written heroine.
>>
>>82836066
She's is somewhat what Korra should have been.
>>
>>82836066
>Kill la Kill

I might check this out. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>82824567
>Iroh broke out on his own
without using much firebending, and from a really weak facility.

Sorry, but according to your argument they couldn't imprison any benders. It just doesn't make sense. Iroh didn't do anything another person couldn't.
>>
>>82824762
he can use common metal prison. Mako took forever to melt one bar, and he is considered a very good bender.
>>
>>82836436
He used firebending, the guard told us that he had never seen anything like it. And why do think it was a "weak" facility?

No my argument is that it would be incredibly hard to imprison the strongest firebender in the world.
>>
>>82806346
Pic unrelated?
>>
File: 1427146354793.png (294KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
1427146354793.png
294KB, 500x585px
>>82836163
She was goal oriented, self-sufficient, honest and caring. Which are all characteristics Korra had to get beaten into her.
In the first episode she steals some delivery guy's scooter, but she apologizes and puts the delivery down while leaving. It's a throw away joke, but it hit me that Korra wouldn't even have the courtesy to acknowledge that guy's existence if she stole his scooter.

That's when it hit me, why I wasn't having that much fun with LoK. Because Korra was such a brat that I started rooting for whoever made her life miserable.
>>
>>82833001
>Season 3 was great. It was probably the second best season of the entire franchise behind Book 2: Earth
when will this end, seriously? S03 is just ridiculously bad when you really analyse it. Motivations made no sense; none of Korra's friends should be her friend after S02 and they suddenly go as far as give her a zeppelin. Zaheer's plans makes no sense, and bending is extremely inconsistent (Bolin lavabending from nothing, Zaheer being adept at bending, Korra stopping a big explosion with airbending, and airbending in general)

>Korra finally began advancing as a character
- Queen, you can't kidnap people. Only i can do that literally 2 episodes ago.

she is still shit.
>>
>>82836626
I like both ryuko and korra, but i just think korra suffered from the writers not giving her many oppertunities to be good if that makes sense. But yeah the end product of LoK isn't very favourable to korra unfortunately.
>>
>>82834820
>causes S02, S03 and S04 out of retardation
>better than anything but a rock
>even then at least the rock didn't cause anything.
>>
>>82836493
why do you think he trained for months? firebending is not what saved him.

>No my argument is that it would be incredibly hard to imprison the strongest firebender in the world
and as we argued, there is no kind of proof that he is the strongest, or that those brothers are the strongest. And sincerely, if they were so afraid of firebending, they would just make their entire system different to take in those people. Hell, they had a prison full of firebenders (that boil mountain.. whatever) that no one could ever leave the place. IF he was a threat, just throw him there. It's just ridiculous to believe they couldn't do it when Aang actually did with Sozin's comet helping him. There was no 'need' to kill at all.
>>
File: JoblaJob.jpg (87KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
JoblaJob.jpg
87KB, 500x313px
>>82836843
Korra got better as of season 3.

But I disliked her in s1 and despised her in s2.
It really is a good thing she hit her head so hard she lost most of her shitty traits during that boating accident.
>>
>>82837108
>Korra got better as of season 3
- it's not my fault i liberated Satan!

- people needing my help to save them? screw that, gonna teach some nice new air trick to random strangers.

- how the FUCK you don't want to be an airbender? get back here!

- i know! i'm just going to try and capture the most dangerous crimminals on earth by myself.
>>
>>82837045
He trained to get back into shape because he was out of it for months, possibly years.

And you were wrong. Iroh is the strongest firebender we see besides Ozia, who he considers to be stronger. Comparing him to Aang who is the avatar and only beat him hard in the avatar state isn't detrimental to him, it only supports how strong he actually is.

The boiling rock was the top security prison. No firebender prisoner there would come close to Iroh or Ozai. Ozai would most likely be able to break out of the boiling rock too since he can spam lightning without problems. He might even be able to fly across the boiling lake.

He might be imprisoned instead, but it would be almost impossible to contain him in the firenation.
>>
Man, the trainwreck that was season 1's finale shows that they really didn't have the skills to tackle these big ideas they advertised.

>Amon turning out to be a lame Scooby-doo villain
>the Equalists disappearing overnight because lol, fuck their arguments
>Korra learning to airbend in the heat of the fight, when airbending is supposed to be about letting go and her character arc about being less of a hothead
>contemplating suicide is somehow good enough for enlightenment purposes and should be rewarded as such, especially when it's because you're sad you're not super special anymore

Same thing with the characters. They kept changing everyone's characterization and importance's each season, throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.
>>
>>82837108
I liked her in Book 1, outside the love triangle which did no one any favours. She just seemed to me to want to make a difference without knowing how to, and ofcourse she was very impatient which caused a lot of problems.

I agree though she was absolutely terrible in book 2 before the amnesia. But to me she kinda died again in book 4 after getting "cured". Just wasn't like Korra anymore, she was more like Aang imo, which was annoying to me.
>>
>>82837264
>Iroh is the strongest firebender we see
>we see
didn't you say "in the world" before? also, there is Aang's first firebending teacher who is Very strong.

>Ozai would most likely be able to break out of the boiling rock too since he can spam lightning without problems
as of the comic, lightning is not That rare. I doubt they're not prepared, and i doubt lightning would help him at anything when there is literally an army of guards to stop him.

>He might even be able to fly across the boiling lake
that requires an immense amount of assumption.
>>
>>82837430
Iroh is a firenation general known for his firebending skills. He is even known for killing a dragon (even though he didn't). He is high tier firebender and Ozai is better. You feel free to show me a better firebender than Iroh or Ozai.

>lightning is not That rare
Oh really? how many people are we up to now, 2? He could mass kill those guards with lightning, assuming he even needs to use lightning.

No assumption needed actually, he basicly flies in his fight against Aang. Azula who is a weaker firebender than him also floats with firebending.
>>
>>82837581
You do remember that the final flight was during sozin's comet right. Ozai is no where that good in any other days
>>
>>82837691
He is not as powerful as during the comet. But he is still the best firebender in the show. No reason to believe he couldn't do what Iroh or Azula did.
>>
It isn't a bad series, it's just a whole lot worse than
what came before.
>>
>>82837934
The two show are so different, it's hardly fair to compare them. Atla was a comfy show, LoK was a lot darker and intense. That scene in the cave when zaheer was poisoning Korra and Korra trying to stay out of Avatar state so not to kill of the avatar circle, Atla doesn't have anything like that.
>>
>>82806346
I think the only thing I really liked out of Korra was the origin story of the first Avatar.
>>
>>82837581
>You feel free to show me a better firebender than Iroh or Ozai.
you're the one that must prove "they're the best in the world" even if it was never stated to be, when Ozai got BTFO by Zuko, and Aang's first teacher had a bending as powerful as with the comet. Anyway, "being good" is not a reason as to why no prison will be able to hold them. Both prison breaks in the series didn't even use much bending. Mostly handwork and a good plan. You can't blast your way out. there is no reason as to why Ozai would oppose that much threat with bending.

>how many people are we up to now
it doesn't matter. We have statements in the comics saying it's not that rare.

>he basicly flies in his fight against Aang
Sozin's comet

>Azula who is a weaker firebender than him also floats with firebending
a small distance, yeah.
>>
>>82838151
Even that was kind of weird. I never liked how he was the first to ask about keeping firebending. I mean.. what the hell?
- can i keep it?
- oh, sure, why not?
- thx
- *the crowd* W-wait, we CAN keep it?
- sure, you guys never asked.
- oh.. can we?
- okay *gives firebending to everyone*
>>
>>82838824
They're shown to be better than any other firebender in the show. That's the proof. Now show me why they're not the strongest firebenders.

Iroh literally blasted his way out of his cell and escaped the capitol with his wit and firebending.

And Ozai is the stronger firebender between Iroh and him. So he could also escape prison easily with his firebending.

>We have statements in the comics saying it's not that rare.
From who? Let's just remember that Zuko couldn't actually learn lightning bending, and that it was confined to royalty only in the series.

Ozai is a lot stronger than Azula, seems reasonable he would be able to fly better than her too.

Your idea that they could just imprison Ozai, is not considered plausible in the show itself. And even out of the show it is unlikely they could actually pull it off considering who he is. That's all there is to say on it really.
>>
>>82806346
This is 4chan
Everything is bad
>>
>>82839242
>They're shown to be better than any other firebender in the show
show =/= world, and again, there is Aang's first teacher.

>Iroh literally blasted his way out of his cell and escaped the capitol with his wit and firebending
if it was just his firebending there was no reason to get in shape.

>Iroh literally blasted his way out of his cell
it's not even really shown him escaping. His cell is broken (with signs more of force than firebending) and that's it. There was also the eclypse going on, so he most likely waited for it to happen to escape and use at his advantage. In any way, he is in a normal cell. If there was any issue, just put him somewhere that he won't escape, which is hardly difficult. Hell, if he IS being difficult, just put him in a straightjacket. And of course; what if he escapes? i mean, on the off-chance he even had a chance, he lost all his power over people. Most likely, he would get captured. There is zero reasoning as to why having firebending would make any difference to neutralize him.

>And Ozai is the stronger firebender between Iroh and him
that's your assumption.

>From who
Mai, with people agreeing with her.

>it was confined to royalty only in the series
it was never stated to be royalty-only.

>Ozai is a lot stronger than Azula, seems reasonable he would be able to fly better than her too
>better than azula
that's not "able to fly through boiling rock"
>>
>>82823693
Not the same dude but you will enjoy it more if you don't compare it to Aang.
And yes, Korra is the worst character in the Avatar universe.
>>
File: Plankton Bob.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Plankton Bob.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>82818469
>Nature barely has a role in Avatar
>>
File: noche.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
noche.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>82808533
Totally
>>
>>82814766
Maybe they needed more time
>>
>>82806346
Should have ended up with Bollin.
>>
>>82840903
Maybe they needed actual writers.
>>
>>82840971
Wasn't made by the same guy?
>>
I give LOK a solid 5.5/10 but it really could have been way better. Kuvira and Zaheer were the best things about it and they couldn't be better than the very context from which they were created.
>>
>>82841897
It was made by the same creators, but their writing staff was heavily neutered in Korra as opposed to ATLA.

And it fucking shows. Bryan and Mike are good with concepts, but that's about it.
>>
>Bryan and Mike are good with concepts
>We find out the mystery of the first Avatar
Sure ruin the mystery.
>We find out how Lin got her scars
Lame.
>There was another herd of bison all along
They could have had "nice" things come from the portals being opened again like the revival of the dragons and bison. And on that topic...
>Spirit portals that no one ever knew about
What?
>Give a real name to a metal (platinum) that doesn't act the way it does at all in our world
Weird.
>Mako can do the super skilled move of firebending right from the start
So just like Korra, they nerf him so as to make the fights not just spam that attack to win.
>A watered down, down to earth, weak fire sport called probending that take up the first third of the show
Rather than using the actual budget on exploring the city and interactions, it's just dodgeball.
>Make Aang a terrible father
And by extension, Katara a terrible mother
>Have a giant monster fight
Don't have any legit backing to how the good monster could do what she did given how asinine she acted before.

I could go on. Their concepts sucked this time around. And there was no Jack DeSena around to grab a character and take them in a different direction. Bolin's voice actor doing ad lib just wasted time and budget having them animate him flapping his gums. Everyone just came in and said their lines and for Suyin, Jinora, Meelo (he's a kid but come on) it really shows.
>>
>>82825133

This. It kinda removes a lot of charm from her.
>>
>>82838151
You liked a manichean fight with the deus ex machina from Season 3 of AtLA as the enabler instead of keeping the mystery a mystery?

I mean, yes it is better than the things that were going on in the present day. But it was still shit.
>>
>>82825133
>She used to be, but now shes just a butch lesbian.
She's still really emotional, she exceeded Katara's levels of tearbending. She's still pretty and concerned more for the boys than her girlfriend as shown by her conversations with Mako and even the men since she valued Tenzin's perspective and support.
>>
File: 4431845-amon.png (712KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4431845-amon.png
712KB, 1920x1080px
>>82806346
The First Season was great, the rest were garbage, do you know why I say that....

>oh please do tell........

the only thing we remember, was the gay handholding in the last few seconds of the finale.

no one remembers this fight between the equalists and korra in the following seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ZYpawbAP4

Also....Amon could have saved us all, it would have been a glorious new era!
>>
>>82843781
go away, Amon
>>
>>82822350
IMDB is run by shills you kike sucking cunt.
>>
File: Young SU.png (465KB, 1086x662px) Image search: [Google]
Young SU.png
465KB, 1086x662px
Season 1: 8/10
Season 2 pre-Wan: 6/10
Wan episodes: 10/10
Season 2 post-Wan: 8/10
Season 3: 9/10
Season 4: 8/10
>>
File: 1428421664291.png (73KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1428421664291.png
73KB, 618x618px
>>82844416
are you done trolling?
>>
>>82843781
>>82843781
>Also....Amon could have saved us all, it would have been a glorious new era!

No cultures, no bending, and no spirits.
>>
>>82844960
>No cultures
not really

>no bending
>no spirits
that's a good thing.
>>
>>82844416
>Season 1: 8/10

The ending alone would drop that grade to 4/10.
I don't even need to go into specifics, the ending for season 1 was that bad.
>>
>>82845263
>>No cultures
>not really
Fire is the element of power. The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will and the energy and drive to achieve what they want.

Earth is the element of substance. The people of the Earth Kingdom are diverse and strong. They are persistent and enduring.

Air is the element of freedom. The Air Nomads detached themselves from worldly concerns and found peace and freedom.

Water is the element of change. The people of the Water Tribes are capable of adapting to many things. They have a sense of community and love that holds them together through anything.
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it become rigid and stale.

The world was based on bending and the idea behind the art. Though not all could bend the element of their nation, they could draw on it.

Also no spirit of the moon means no moon. So no ocean spirit has them lose their oceans? I guess that's a good thing seeing as how you now have more land to build on seeing as how the water is gone.
>>
>>82845474
destroying culture doesn't mean there will never be culture, or that it killed All culture. Hell, in some places even the way you eat can be considered culture.

About bending, all it did was wars.

About spirits, i'm kind of considering "control of spirits", in the sense that they will deal with any spirit that fuck shit up, unlike Korra. There is no way to actually kill All spirits, so i doubt they will kill the moon. Also, i doubt killing the 'spirit of the ocean' would actually kill All the ocean, but it's an useless discussion right now.
>>
>Bolin is what Toph was going to be in the first draft of ATLA.

Can you imagine that?
>>
File: netflixvoltronmain.jpg (55KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
netflixvoltronmain.jpg
55KB, 633x356px
Step aside LoK, we'll show you how this shit is done.
>>
>>82845938
lol no
>>
>>82806346
Agreed.

Watched Korra first, enjoyed the crap out if it. Started watching season 1 Atla, and it's like watching a whole program of Temzin's shitty kids.

/Co/ confirmed for biased autists scared of a woman's cooties.
>>
File: tumblr_njr755f5691roa0a7o1_1280.jpg (182KB, 527x936px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njr755f5691roa0a7o1_1280.jpg
182KB, 527x936px
I feel like I need to post Korra's back to remind people that Asami gets to massage it every night.
>>
There are two reasons why I liked Korra better. One is that the action was consistently better. The other is that Korra, though a retard, was a much easier protagonist for me to get behind than Aang.
>>
File: CIVIL.jpg (39KB, 283x246px) Image search: [Google]
CIVIL.jpg
39KB, 283x246px
>/co/ says something's bad
>don't believe them
>turns out it's even worse
>>
File: tumblr_o61z3u1oXL1rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg (328KB, 890x605px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o61z3u1oXL1rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg
328KB, 890x605px
>>
Korra is to /co/ what Madoka is to /a/. Mention it in any way and you get a guaranteed ride past the bump limit and page 10.
>>
File: tumblr_o4tdx2wd9z1u6rxu8o1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4tdx2wd9z1u6rxu8o1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1740px
>>82850951
Well lets make it happen, friend.
>>
>>82851621
dem tittays
>>
File: tumblr_o27nl47XyH1r6btzgo1_1280.png (225KB, 595x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o27nl47XyH1r6btzgo1_1280.png
225KB, 595x800px
>>
>>82844416
for me it's
s1: 7/10
s2: 5/10 with the Wan eps being 9/10
s3: 10/10
s4: 7/10
>>
File: 1429734037788.jpg (240KB, 540x972px) Image search: [Google]
1429734037788.jpg
240KB, 540x972px
>>
File: 1459958851395.png (327KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1459958851395.png
327KB, 650x456px
>>82848646
>>82849390
>>
>>82852443
>having low standards

also..
>s3: 10/10
'perfect'? really? with so much bullshit going on?
>>
File: tumblr_nlmu6v2PzV1u16a9no1_1280.jpg (586KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlmu6v2PzV1u16a9no1_1280.jpg
586KB, 1000x1414px
>>82852443
I don't get the love for the Wan episodes.
Sure they were pretty to look at, but that's about it.
>>
>>82853399
We just learn that the first avatar was a fuck up, for me that's a minus.
>>
>>82852979

>if u like what i dont like u have low standards lolz
>>
>>82810688
Tbh he brought this on himself cheating and shit.
>>
>>82806346
is anyone else really disappointed with the final arc, and thought it should have done something completely different?

Season 4 wasn't set up like a typical cartoon "evil villain needs to be vanquished by a hero" arc. Kuvira was a realistic revolutionary and head of state, and the whole thing reflected more grounded politics and complex issues that cannot be solved with violence alone. I originally thought this is what it was going to do, evolve the show from a kid's cartoon into an adult's one, ending with Korra realize that just because Kuvira is morally wrong, does not mean she has any right to depose her (and in fact it would make things worse).

But no, Kuvira was just a Saturday morning cartoon villain and everything was fixed by physically defeating her. What a fucking waste. Imagine if Korra did defeat Kuvira, but then had to leave her as head of state? What if she had actual popular support, and more right to the throne than the decadent monarchy, despite her warmongering? What if Korra and all the other nations had to live with a leader that was "evil", but was overall better than the alternatives? That's how real life works.
>>
>>82806346
I lobed it until I realized the avatar was the Antichrist. My better judgement has ruined yet another thing i used to enjoy.
>>
>>82856051

I hope you're not being serious.
>>
File: tumblr_ntwl2aoHy81qeqi5do1_1280.jpg (292KB, 649x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntwl2aoHy81qeqi5do1_1280.jpg
292KB, 649x960px
>>
Korra is for putting penis inside her.
>>
File: 1381441917261.jpg (55KB, 516x401px) Image search: [Google]
1381441917261.jpg
55KB, 516x401px
>>82853983
You are one of those kids who projects into Batman or other mary sue characters, right?
>>
>>82858058
There is a difference in commiting mistake and being a fuck up.
>>
>>82857909
>sticking your dick in Failure

>>82855637
He didn't cheat. He was kissed by Korra, then told her it was wrong and she shouldnt have done it. Then Asami broke up with him anyway.
>>
>>82855252
You like shit, so it's not a matter of taste. The story doesnt even make sense most of the time. S03 for example, the villain is too convenient, and his motivations makes no sense at all. If you call it 10/10, you ignored that, because it is okay not to make sense for you.
>>
>>82858612
>He didn't cheat. He was kissed by Korra, then told her it was wrong and she shouldnt have done it. Then Asami broke up with him anyway.
Hi Mako, I see you're revising the facts to suit your needs again, like any good cop.
>>
>>82858701
That's exactly what happened. Mako told Korra it was wrong and she had to back off. And she did, but Asami didn't like the way Mako treated Korra afterwards, found out about the kiss and broke up.
>>
File: 1431387460761.gif (733KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431387460761.gif
733KB, 600x600px
>>82858657
>wanting your dick to fall off
>thinking she won't fuck up again and end up breaking your dick during the act, then cuck you for Asami
>>
>>82858657
Anon, you need to learn to censor better.
>>
>>82859038
>implying she wouldn't lovingly cuddle you afterwards
>>
>>82845938

I hope this thing is good. Korra was such a wasted potential.
>>
The action is cool. Better than Avatar lol.
>>
File: 1394666455879.jpg (18KB, 234x255px) Image search: [Google]
1394666455879.jpg
18KB, 234x255px
>>82858796
The problem was that in the later half of the season Mako basically dropped Asami like a hot potato and Korra became his one interest in life.
And yet he was too chickenshit to break it off with her.
The reason Asami ended their relationship was because she was witnessing him mooning over Korra all the time. The kiss was simply the final straw.
Hell we didn't even see them have a proper break up on screen. He might have strung Asami along for a couple of more weeks.

It's that bullshit which made Mako the most hated character in the fandom for a long while. And the reason Korrasami happened in the first place.
>>
>>82859365
Korra certainly had better spectacle, but the bendings lost a lot of their foundation in actual martial arts, and their philosophies stopped being reflected in their actual practice to the impressive degree that ATLA managed.
>>
>>82859397
>And the reason Korrasami happened in the first place
You mean why the shippers invented it as a protest ship?
>>
>>82859517
No because either of them ending up with Mako post S2 was something nobody wanted.
In fact it would have made Asami look even more like a doormat and Korra and Mako had so little chemistry that even giving Korra amnesia didn't help.
>>
File: Godzillaon4chan.png (287KB, 981x478px) Image search: [Google]
Godzillaon4chan.png
287KB, 981x478px
>>82806346
Nigga the fuck wrong with you. Did you like the tumblr pandering more OR the fact that her character made a 180 turn in part 4. Or the fact that Kuvira was such a fucking mess of a and waste of a villan.
"Oh no, i'm an orphan so i'm gonna take over the world"
>>
>>82859691
Obviously makorra was a mistake, however what i meant was that Korrasami was invented in protest to Makorra in season 1.
>>
>>82859397
things were going smoothly until Asami turned full psycho thinking that she was being cucked. Only after giving him shit for caring for another friend, that they broke up.
>>
File: 1457377783961.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1457377783961.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>82859773
Why did you fall for it?
>>
>>82859789
Yeah, but that was really just born from lack of alternatives.
All the hetero ships had turned to shit.

So everyone just basically turned on shipping as a concept or said: "You know if anybody needs to make out, let it be the two hot chicks."

Myself? I was hoping for Lin to make Bolin her boytoy.
>>
>>82860053
So it was just bryke taking a joke too seriously? Because that's what Korrasami seems like.
>>
File: tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (480KB, 860x794px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
480KB, 860x794px
>>82860121
Sure. But everyone was asking for Korra to have a single female friend in her life, somebody she could hang out with without there being another sexual component.

Which is something they addressed in S3 and everyone liked. But they took that as meaning that Korra and Asami needed to be friends with benefits by the end.
>>
>>82860195
weird how they promised no more romance in LoK after S02, and then broke the rule.
>>
>>82860195
So yeah they're just retarded. It was fine for them to be friends, and good friends at that. But lovers is a whole different relationship to have, and while some asked for that, others asked for Makorra back. And i think most just wanted the shipping to end.
>>
>>82860230
I guess they did almost last 2 season without it. Then went full retard and killed the show.
>>
File: no boys allowed.png (669KB, 1000x842px) Image search: [Google]
no boys allowed.png
669KB, 1000x842px
>>82860376
>others asked for Makorra back
Truth be told, I'd rather Korra fucked literally anyone else rather than get back together with fucking Mako.
They both literally only became better people when they stopped hanging out. They were negative influences on each other.

I feel like Korrasami is by far the lesser of those two evils. By a country mile. Hell, I'd celebrate Korrasami for the virtue alone, that it prevents Korra and Mako from ever getting back together and engaging in more Young Adult novel tier bullshit.
>>
>>82861446
I'd rather not have romance. I felt really dissapointed that after two seasons with no romance, BAM, handholding at the last second.
>>
>>82861446
I would have prefered Korra staying single. It would by far have been the more sensible choice over hooking her up with mako or asami.

However i'd have to disagree with you. Mako had changed alot from his book 1 personality, so it wouldn't be as bad for me if they hooked up again. I also doubt they would end up in the same awful romance bullshit they had in book 1.
Korrasami though is imo one of the worst choices they made for the show. It basicly killed the show by turning it into the legend of korrasami, and 2bh anything would have been a better choice, even if it had to be Makorra.
>>
File: 1429989005424.jpg (409KB, 540x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429989005424.jpg
409KB, 540x1000px
>>82861566
Dude, if Korra barely managed to develop as a character to begin with. Getting back with Mako would have the weird connotation that she's doing the same shit she did when she first started out.
You want to show how much a character has grown. You don't do that by having them tread familiar ground.

I agree that Korra would have been best as an independent strong woman who don't need no partner. But I think you're blowing Korrasami out of proportion.
Besides, how can something kill a show if it literally ends in the same moment?
>>
>>82862275
Mako and Korra had "developed" and would not make the same mistakes again. And they never really stopped loving eachother. Wouldn't want it to happen, but it's the better alternative to Korrasami.

No one cares about the show anymore, it's all about Korrasami. Even the new comics are going to be about korrasami. They made some statues people could buy, and people were most interested in getting a korrasami one. Korrasami killed the show and took it's place, leaving us with nothing but pandering..
>>
>>82862372
A cynic would say that there really isn't much to talk about anymore to begin with.
The most interesting people in LoK were the villains.
The Krew was boring as balls and most of the side characters just stood around with their thumbs up their asses too.
I guess Varrick was kinda fun and Tenzin and Bei Fong had my sympathy. But that's about it.
>>
>>82862538
I feel like Tenzin and Lin's generation as much younger adults would be the most interesting place left to explore, although I don't know anything about the comics so that might already have been done.
>>
>>82862538
While that is true, people are still only focusing on Korrasami despite it having very little to do with the actual show. And it seem like it will be all we're getting from avatar going forward.

Even AUs, or speculation is all about Korrasami. So it truly has taken over the show.
>>
>>82806346
Season 1 and 3 are alright
2 was a waste that didn't go anywhere and focused on spirit bending of all fucking things
4 was a train wreck on all levels that forced dykism for no fucking reason at the very end
>>
File: morechemistrythan.png (192KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
morechemistrythan.png
192KB, 500x509px
>Korra has a character arc like unstable plate tectonics.
>Zaheer was the true hero of the series.
>Should've ended in season 3 with the death of the Avatar.
>I'm a lesbian and I can tell you romance doesn't work that way. Sorry season 4. You tried.

>Animation was pretty
>Concept was better than the execution.
>>
>>82863820
>>Korra has a character arc like unstable plate tectonics.
wat?

>Zaheer was the true hero of the series.
he literally fucked everything with his "chaos will help somehow" theory

>>82862275
>Getting back with Mako would have the weird connotation that she's doing the same shit she did when she first started out
but in the end of S04 she did exactly the same thing that in S01 anyway
>>
>>82836066
Ryuko was only good for the first half. She went full retard once Nui beat her.
>>
File: _.png (106KB, 662x594px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
106KB, 662x594px
>>82863820
>I'm a lesbian and I can tell you romance doesn't work that way.

Why would that matter? Gays are fundamentally broken people.
>>
File: 1393693196528.png (1MB, 979x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1393693196528.png
1MB, 979x1240px
>>82864367
Well, she did lose her way. That was kind of the point.

However she was great again by the end. Plus I dare you to tell me that evil Ryuko wasn't awesome for that soldiery episode she was there.
>>
>>82806346
Show had great action scenes, really, really good animation outside of 2/3rds of season 2, good music, good set pieces, and some great character designs. Had some of the hottest women in western animation to boot.

Yeah, the writing was largely weak but calling it bad is hyperbole. It did a lot of things better than just about anything out there and was below average in a few other ways.

Good luck finding a new western cartoon that can match its good points anytime soon.
>>
>>82845938
>voltron
This is going to have to be one of the best animated shows ever just to be watchable. At least Korra made up for its weak writing by having tons of fappable females. I could sit through bad episodes just imaging porn scenarios.

This shit will actually have to carry its own weight every single episode or I don't see why any nonfujo would touch it.
>>
>>82864423
Ah shit.

Guess I gotta tell me mom.
>>
>>82864423
I guess it's just another way they fucked up.
>>
>>82836066
>good writing
>kill la kill
>>
im a big guy for you
>>
>Despite only having 10 episodes to build and conclude they story of each season, they insisted in creating irrelevant plot points with no pay off and characters that went nowhere.

No matter what you say, you can't justify this shit.
>>
File: 1417598798980.jpg (240KB, 992x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1417598798980.jpg
240KB, 992x1500px
>>82866152
I can agree with that. There are many anime which are able to tell a satisfying story in 12-14 episodes.
>>
>>82808579
This is true.

Which is why the show was banished to online only by Season 3.
>>
>>82864540
Evil Ryuko was terrible. I liked Ryuko's arc before that because she was actively growing. The way I see it, she started off an edgy brat, although she has a reason for it, but as the show went on she started to become more compassionate once she found her suit and friends. The point of her character was that she stops fighting for revenge and starts fighting to protect, and she throws all that development away after that fight. After that her character is all over the damn place. First she hates her suit, then she's willing to kill the nudisto beach guy for him, then she turns evil, then she turns good again, etc. I just wish they kept the direction they were going for her. Don't even get me started on Lady "I was only pretending to be retarded" Satsuki.
>>
Are people fucking talking about klk? That shit was fucking terrible what the fuck
>>
>>82806654
i agree, i only like earth book and some episodes from fire book on atla, but on korra i liked air book, that shit with the bald guy flying book and a lot of second book episodes.
>>
>>82870555
>i liked air book
opinion discarded

>that shit with the bald guy flying
>not even remembering the name
>thinking that a guy that got airbending for two weeks gaining a new powers is okay
opinion double discarded.

>a lot of second book episodes
oh.. it was bait.
>>
File: korrsami-aid.png (592KB, 626x434px) Image search: [Google]
korrsami-aid.png
592KB, 626x434px
The fact that people are still defending this means Bryke are expert manipulators
>>
>>82871187
yes
>>
>>82858676

Just because you don't understand it dosn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>82877201
have we hit the its too deep for you moment
>>
>>82877352
>>
>>82866490
Is it just me, or did Lavalley's design make him look like he could have easily been a LoK character?

The character designs, music and animation aside from a few stiff fights were the best thing about Korra. Pretty much everything about the writing flaws has been said already, so it doesn't need to be repeated. That being said, I don't hate it the way a lot of /co/ seems to hate it though, and I really liked season three, largely because of the Red Lotus.
>>
>>82871187
That's if you give them credit for manipulating people. They might just have lucked into it.
>>
>>82882843

They did (If Nick didn't move it to online only, Korrsami would've never been considered)
>>
File: Heresy you say.png (442KB, 770x558px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy you say.png
442KB, 770x558px
>>82881295
Mappa's entire style for the show wasn't too dissimilar to Studio Mir's

I'm just glad that they're fixing the lips for the sequel. All the men looked liked they were wearing lip gloss.
>>
File: Gimme a kiss.png (96KB, 223x261px) Image search: [Google]
Gimme a kiss.png
96KB, 223x261px
>>82884171
The character designs were what initially attracted me to Bahamut. I'm really glad I gave that show a shot, it was great. Looking forward to season two as well, though I have to admit, I'm a little bummed about the lack of dudelips. Once I got used to them, I grew to like them. Plus they sometimes made for good meme potential.
>>
>>82806346
Korra is shit. Kill yourself you shittaste retard hack.
>>
>>82884252
>no dude lips

Please tell me you're just joking
>>
>>82884275
Nope. Even the older Favaro in the season two trailer lacks his season one style lips.
>>
>>82884257

Watch out so you don't cut yourself on all that edge.
>>
File: 1451758893456.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1451758893456.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>82884301
I think I just felt my heart break in two
>>
>>82884337
The lack of men with Instagram lips in season two will be saddening.

Azazel still has his lipstick and hoodrat nails though, so they're not completely gone.
>>
File: shingeki-no-bahamut-ep1.jpg (120KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
shingeki-no-bahamut-ep1.jpg
120KB, 1280x722px
>>82884252
It wasn't a big issue, but I feel like they just picked the wrong color.
Favaro's orange lipstick was just a bit much. Didn't mind Kaisar's though.
>>
File: 1463495307810.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1463495307810.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>82806346
Reminder that most of the people on this board are retarded and shouldn't be listened to for actual criticism.
>>
>>82884452
Sweet, does this mean I can get retard money from the government?
>>
>>82884452
>I made a graph so I don't need any kind of citation
>>
>>82884633
>I can't read
Wow, that's a pretty accurate study.
>>
>>82884654
I see claims that study was made, but I see no link to respectable published study or anything.
>>
>>82884452
>thinking IQ means anything.
>>
>>82877201
>don't understand
his motivation is "chaos will help somehow". Guess what? it doesn't. It doesn't even make logical sense as to why it would help. This occurs often in the show, this was only an example. Why did Kuvira get inside RC? why did Unalaq attacked the south? plenty of things that get answered, but the answer itself is not rational.

It IS objectively shit.
>>
>>82806346

Yes, welcome to 4chan, where everyone thinks that shitting on absolutely everything makes them cool, and somehow despite priding themselves on seeing through most other social affectations, are completely blind to this tendency in themselves
>>
>>82884452
>data points that exist in clear relation to a immensely visually-obvious body of curves
>outliers
Well whoever made this certainly doesn't know their statistics terms.
>>
>>82884654

> No see, there is totally a citation, it says right there that "research was done"
>>
>>82887280
>"chaos will help somehow"
Chaos will set people free from their leaders who are corrupt and doesn't care about the people. In Zaheers eyes the current system of duty to your leaders is the worst possible situation a person can be in, they not free but might believe they are.
>>
>>82887445
>Chaos will set people free from their leaders who are corrupt and doesn't care about the people
...and then they will find a new leader. It's retarded to expect any different. People don't need chaos, they need democracy so to actually chose their leaders. Believing there is something inherently wrong with leaders without any kind of basis is just stupid.

It takes anyone 5 seconds to get to that conclusion.
>>
>>82887574
>It's retarded to expect any different.
He doesn't, he fully expects them to start over, but instead of working for the queen, they'll work for and with those who matter to them, like family and friends. He wants peoples actions to matter to them and others, but believes that they don't under an established rule like they are in avatar.

If you believe the democratic system is flawed at it's core, you wouldn't want people to suffer under that.
>>
>>82887574
Real anarchists exist, you know. Zaheer, after all, was supposed to be wrong.

If he made sense, he'd be the hero. So they got at least something right.
>>
File: 1432767837784.jpg (218KB, 508x794px) Image search: [Google]
1432767837784.jpg
218KB, 508x794px
>>82806346
>>
>>82887676
First of, what you just describe is much closer to democracy, ans not what Zaheer wanted.Second, he wasnt expecting another leader to take over at all. Actually, as he said, "chaos (disorder) is the natural state, so that's how things have to be". His reasoning is only that, 'it's how things were before, so they're better. For whathever reason". He didn't think of what is best for people, and he didn't even consider that another leader would rise.

He is retarded.
>>
>>82887776
and the sequel.
>>
>>82887885
Actually everything i've said is straight from Zaheers dialogue. Guess you just weren't paying attention.
>>
>>82887769
Existing in the real world wont make him less retarded. Some people believed the earth is flat.

"If he made sense he'd be the hero"
Did you even read this sentence as you were writing it?
>>
>>82887975
His ideas weren't really good, succumbing to naturalistic fallacy. But he was believable villain with comprehensible motivation.
>>
>>82887927
And how exactly that invalidates my point?
>>
>>82888025
Believable doesnt exclude him from being retarded. As i said, he could believe the earth is flat. It doesnt make it less stupid. He is far from a good villain.
>>
>>82888027
That means his reasoning isn't what you're pretending it is.

It's easy to dismiss his motivation or reasoning, when you decide what it is, instead of going by what he actually says and does.
>>
>>82888073
His motivation makes sense. It's internally valid but based on false premises. Which is why is the villain and not the hero fighting for better future.

Your criticism of this part is nonsensical.
>>
>>82888073
A lot of antagonists are retarded if you consider and see the work as a whole. Zaheer had a cause that wasn't like Amon's where he just wanted to be a king among crippled people. And he wasn't Unalaq who wanted to rule over ashes. He just wanted to kill people in power and let people do whatever once their leaders were gone.
Like >>82887676 said, he probably wanted to be like Tracer Tong from Deus Ex and just have everyone got back to living in isolated villages and have economy go back to animals and goods being traded.
Which is, of course, still stupid because those places have a village leader or elder who is put in charge by the village or lives long enough to be the default guy since they have wisdom so long as dementia doesn't set in like it did for the old Team Avatar.
>>
>>82888201
It's not as stupid. Tyranny requires enough people to be able to isolate one from another. A small isolated village can not be anything but democratic because unpopular leader would simply lose his mandate.
>>
File: Smug Korra.jpg (47KB, 332x363px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Korra.jpg
47KB, 332x363px
>>82884452

Korra haters #BTFO
>>
>>82888119
First of, what you said is not a quote from his dialogue.

From the wiki:
"Stating the natural order to be disorder, he believed that true freedom could only be achieved when oppressive governments were dismantled and cited another one of Guru Laghima's sayings to emphasize his point: "New growth cannot exist without first the destruction of the old.""

So yeah, he did believe that people should live in disorder, and wanted to destroy governments. He didn't expect at all a new government would rise because all he believed was ideological bullshit without any thought on how practical it is. His reasoning is exactly what i said; "chaos will help Somehow".

>>82888127
Villains don't have to be "the big bad evil guy". They don't have to be wrong either, they can just think of what is best for themselves or their people, which conflicts with the interest of the hero.

>It's internally valid but based on false premises
you mean 'retarded premise' that doesn't make logical sense.
>>
>>82888417
I mean, false premise. Premise can't make or not make logical sense, it can only be true or false.
>>
>>82888274
i think what he means is that the villages wouldn't stay isolated for long. History would just repeat itself.
>>
>>82888417
He specificly says that he believes people should live for themselves and those they care about.

You didn't say government until now, before it was leaders. Something he is himself. He is obviously against large scale government systems because to him they are inherintly flawed.

And "somehow" is by setting people free from their opressive governments which is an improvement regardless of who you are.

This isn't difficult to understand. And as >>82888449 said his premise might be false, but that doesn't mean it isn't internally consistent or doesn't make sense.
>>
>>82888449
>Premise can't make or not make logical sense
i mean 'logical sense' more in a scientific way. "the earth is flat" is a premise. Logically, the earth is not flat and there are plenty of ways to get to that conclusion and data. That's why i called it "retarded". It's not only that he didn't know the outcome; he could know exactly what would happen if he had given it 5 more seconds of thought.
>>
>>82888274
And Zaheer was still against democracy and leadership since he and his group entertained getting rid of Raiko; along with Tonraq of the SWT and even wanted to off Tenzin once his usefulness in their plan was exhausted. Tonraq, who was elected by other old people of the SWT which isn't as big or sprawling as other places. And the Air Nation, literally a family unit.

Yes Zaheer and others had to be extreme so they could have that "bring things back into balance" idea. But then you have people like Toph not helping with what they are saying and it feels disjointed.
>>
>>82888586
I think you should look up true-valid-sound distinction before you try to talk logic.
>>
>>82888560
>He specificly says that he believes people should live for themselves and those they care about
not in the wiki at least. And anyway, this way they would live, would be "in disorder"; without a leader.

>You didn't say government until now, before it was leaders
having a leader WILL create some sort of government. Not only that, Zaheer said that people should live in disorder; no leaders or governments. That's what disorder is.

>which is an improvement regardless of who you are
the EK was overun by bandits. It was objectively in a worst situation than with the Earth queen. When i said 'somehow', it's exactly that: he had no idea of what would happen. He kills the leader. Then what? he has no idea, and it turns out that bandits raped and killed on the entire EK. Anyone with a brain would get to that kind of conclusion in 5 seconds, as i said. You need the government to send resources and safety to those places. Some villages won't even be able to defend themselves and will just disappear from the map. Sorry, but saying that "it will help regardless" is just stupid.

>his premise might be false, but that doesn't mean it isn't internally consistent or doesn't make sense
and as i said, it is still a retarded premise that no human being with a fully functioning brain would believe, like believing that the earth is flat. I'm not saying that he can't make this kind of assumption, i'm saying that doing so makes him a retarded villain.
>>
File: excalibait.png (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>82806346
Here's your (you) faggot.
>>
File: thisguyovahere.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
thisguyovahere.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>82823240
>>
File: Bait Stay Night 4.jpg (127KB, 1500x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Bait Stay Night 4.jpg
127KB, 1500x1153px
>>82888802
>>
>>82888658
Just pick the dictionary. It helps more;
"The quality of being justifiable by reason". that's one concept of logic.
>>
File: 1463433067842.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1463433067842.png
325KB, 382x417px
Would we trade all the Korra porn for a series that had less hot chicks but was actually on AtLA's level?
>>
>>82888790
>having a leader WILL create some sort of government.
You could have a leader without a government, if everyone is mutually repectet and important to the group. Also you can have leaders/government and still have disorder.

>the EK was overun by bandits.
It allready was. The Queen was robbing her own people. All else being equal, having no government is the better option to Zaheer and that's why he does what he does.
The rest is quite simple, no leaders = smaller groups forced together to survive. They become free from others and have only themselves to look out for.

> it is still a retarded premise that no human being with a fully functioning brain would believe
Says you. Others would disagree and some have lived under the anarchistic ideal of no "true" government. So Zaheer is definately not retarded for wanting to live in a better world, according to his ideals.

>>82888887
Yes, and you can justify alot with pure reason.

>>82888926
In a heartbeat. It's all Korrasami crap atm anyway, nothing lost really.
>>
>>82888926

No, because that would mean a drop in quality from TLOK.
>>
File: reddit.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>82889092
>>
>>82888926
People take liberties with characters anyway. A girl doesn't have to be hot to be sexualized or fit in the medium to look hot in art.
But yes I would trade the porn.
>>
>>82889084
>You could have a leader without a government
for some time, yes. We did have many tribes. But over the time it would create a government.

>you can have leaders/government and still have disorder
That, you can't. Or at least shouldn't have. Disorder means the leader/government is not being respected, and he is essential to the group. If there is disorder, they will find a leader that can bring order.

>It allready was
that's a baseless assumption. Actually, they say that since the earth queen was killed the place has been in chaos and order should be restablished. That's why they picked Kuvira. The queen being a "bad queen" doesn't mean she wasn't giving the minimum to her people; actually, she NEEDS to give a minimum to them to have some for herself. If your people are being killed, or in danger, or being robbed, it will affect her. Even if she is thinking of herself, she must think of others. Again, it's stupid to think they were in a better situation than having bandits killing and raping in your land.

>Others would disagree and some have lived under the anarchistic ideal of no "true" government
and some have lived believing dinosaurs don't exist and the earth is flat. Doesn't make them less retarded.

>Yes, and you can justify alot with pure reason.
"people used to live in disorder, so putting them in disorder again will help somehow" so much reason.
>>
>>82889314
>But over the time it would create a government.
Possibly, if people didn't learn from past "mistakes".
And you can have disorder with a government. For instance if they're incompetent or unwilling to maintain order. A bit like the Queen, who had problems collecting taxes because of the bandits trying to take the money. Which also proves my point that they were allready beset by bandits, and the government did nothing to stop it. Again All else being equal, the EK is better off without the queen.
Also the EK didn't choose Kuvira, the other countries did.

>Doesn't make them less retarded.
Someone living in anarchistic societies successfully, is somehow the same as believing the earht is flat. Do you even realise what you're saying.

>so much reason
Nice strawmanning again. And that still isn't his argument for doing it. Not that i'd expect you to know how to formulate valid arguments.
>>
>>82889468
>Possibly, if people didn't learn from past "mistakes"
you mean "most likely". I don't think it's wise to expect a bunch of peasants to go "oh, now that we don't have a queen we can elect someone. Or you know what? we don't even need a ruler, we will live through cooperation to solve our problems and coordinate as best as we can to follow an anarchist ideal of freedom".

>And you can have disorder with a government. For instance if they're incompetent or unwilling to maintain order
yeah. Like i said, if it is past a certain degree they will just find another person that can uphold order. The little order that she could create was enough, it seems. She did have a temporary issue collecting taxes but she did solve the problem, that i doubt was going through the entire nation like we see when no one is in power. It's like you're arguing that "a little order is worst than no order at all".

>the EK didn't choose Kuvira, the other countries did
yes, and?

>Someone living in anarchistic societies successfully, is somehow the same as believing the earht is flat
Yes, but that's not the ONLY thing Zaheer was expecting and i was kind of referring to the whole thing. It's not only the anarchism, it is expecting that simply killing a leader will change everyone and start an anarchist society. It's more an issue with how he made it than with anarchism itself.

>that still isn't his argument for doing it
He did state as one of his reasons for doing it is that "the natural state of mankind is disorder". That is not reasonable at all. Who said natural = better or good?
>>
>>82806346
They do this a lot.
>>
>>82888926
Yes.

No fucking question.
>>
>>82888926
No, I love my porn.
>>
>>82888926
it is surprisingly a difficult question. The porn is good
>>
>>82888926
..i think the 'art' (or the 'hot chicks' how we call it) is part of what made ATLA good. If we had the same story, but with shit art/no fapbait, no one would bother.

Let's be honest; if ATLA didn't have that style, would we bring it so much in /co/?
>>
>>82806346
Season 1, 7/10
Season 2, 4/10
Season 3, 9/10 (as good as a lot of Legend of Ang)
Season 4, 8/10 (not as good as 3 but great nonetheless).
>>
>>82891094
>Season 3, 9/10
"muh chaos"

>Season 4, 8/10
>thinking giant mecha is less retarded than the ending of S02
>>
>>82890989
>If we had the same story, but with shit art/no fapbait, no one would bother.

Steven Universe
Gravity Falls

It can be done. The gems get sexualized despite their designs and porn is done of Mabel and the like despite their appearances.
>>
>>82891245
the art is exactly why i don't like SU or gravity falls. I will assume the number of people that like ATLA is far superior, in part because of fapbait.
>>
File: Jinora.png (92KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jinora.png
92KB, 333x250px
Korra haters can lick my balls. Name a better action cartoon with an actual story currently airing. Oh, that's right, there are none.
>>
File: 1458526456539.jpg (43KB, 199x582px) Image search: [Google]
1458526456539.jpg
43KB, 199x582px
>>82892513
And with a hotter qt.
>>
>>82892513
Why does it have to be currently airing? Is Korra only good because western action cartoons are shit right now?
>>
>>82892658
i'm sure there are hotter characters out there than Zatanna
>>
>>82892745
That's Talia.
>>
>>82892816
You mean Lust.
>>
>>82892816
>>82892837
Ah sorry they all look the same.
>>
>>82892513
Why limit myself? Better things are available.
>>
>>82892964
>implying
>>
>>82892964

Only one series is better and that's ATLA.
>>
>>82893008
And many live-action shows. And movies. And videogames. And books.
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.