[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you think suffers more Spiderman or Batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_20160515_093202.jpg (2MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_093202.jpg
2MB, 1564x1564px
Who do you think suffers more Spiderman or Batman?
>>
>>82789144
spider-man, probably. status quo really hates that man. at least batman gets to have a child and shit.
>>
Spider-man,
Batman loves to be sad
>>
File: Spider-Man.jpg (110KB, 595x453px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man.jpg
110KB, 595x453px
Sufferning-Man
>>
>>82789144
To me, Batman.
>Always loses soldiers/robins to the war
>Never gets any appreciation from the public, whereas more often than not Spidey is being depicted as mostly loved by New Yorkers
>"Died" twice in less than 10 years
>Always gets his villains coming back to bite him in the ass
>Will never ever relent or stop the war, will even continue his legacy beyond the grave in one way or another (through clones, or through immortality or through allies taking up the fight for him) whereas Peter will know the sweet release of death
>>
>>82789144
Batman

Rick people suffer more than normal people. Being rich is hard work.
>>
>>82789144
Batman is able to progress. While this comes with negatives like getting his back broken and Robins dying, he's gained a son, friends in the JL, etc.

Spider Man is eternally unable to fully escape from his status quo. Even when he developed a new status quo with a wife, that gets taken awat from him.
>>
>>82789144
Spiderman, Bruce is a butthurt manchild
>>
>>82789144
Bats

Literally nothing he does will EVER make a difference.
People like to spin Bats as a sign of hope for standing up for what's right in the most Corrupt city ever and than five seconds later completely disregard that
He fucking spends billions refurbishing and rehabilitating entire neighborhoods and it never matter ever
He watched his parents die
He watched his second adopted son die
And he watched his biological son die
>>
Spider-Man pays the fucking rent.

It's not enough that, for all his strength, he gets his bones broken on a regular basis and has to hide it more skillfully than an army wife in an abusive relationship.

Nor is it enough that he has to take care of his sickly aunt/mother, whom he can't even confide in because he's afraid she'll either literally have a heart attack and die, or shun him when she discovers he's directly responsible for the death of her husband, confirming the guilt he tries to forget.

And if that wasn't enough, he tries - and fails, and fails, and fails - to have normal, healthy relationships with women and friends, but ends up getting them endangered at best and dead at worst.

No, the worst of it is, he gets shit on publicly. Every day in the papers, every night in his niggling, inescapable fears. "Spider-Man is a menace." And he has to walk up to the cigar-chomping right-wing ape who shits on him, and every month, he has to beg this man for money.

Because Spider-Man has to pay the fucking rent.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 168x168px)
download.jpg
6KB, 168x168px
>>82789224
>that gets taken awat from him.

We do not talk about that
It never happened
It was a joke
You imagined that
>>
>>82789144
Peter's life is fucking nonstop personal tragedy. Batman doesn't come close.
>>
>>82789144
>Who do you think suffers more Spiderman or Batman?

Spiderman.
He's poor.
>>
>>82789302
Wealth has nothing to do with happiness unless you're actually starving or live in a war zone.
>>
>>82789289
>>82789302
>I don't read comics!

Kill yourself or stop posting when you don't know shit.
>>
>>82789144
>be peter parker
>get spider power
with great power comes great responsibility
>uncle ben dies
>captain stacy that is father figure to you dies
>gwen fucking dies
>the public considers you a menace no matter what you do
>harry osborns life is ruined because his father is a villain and becomes a villain, and hates you
>mary jane always getting kidnapped and almost dying
>aunt may gets shot
>your worst enemy switches bodies with you and lives your life
>dan slott ruins your life

batman and spiderman have a lot in common

but basically, Parker Luck
>>
>>82789409
>batman and spiderman have a lot in common

>Rich
>Owns his own company
>Inspired or created atleast what 4 spiderman
>Still fights crime
>Builds his own tech
>Gets the people closes to him killed
>Tragedy inspired heroism
>No author can decide if the public loves or hates him
>Suffers

They are pretty much the same person
>>
>>82789144
Batman suffers from God-awful writers and horrifically decompressed storylines that mean nothing and keep him alone and single while making no narrative progress until every once in awhile a BIGHUGE EVENT CHANGES EVERYTHING and ruins any sense of stability he might at least draw solace from before going right back to the monotony.

Spider-Man suffers from God-awful writers and horrifically decompressed storylines that mean nothing and keep him alone and single while making no narrative progress until every once in awhile a BIGHUGE EVENT CHANGES EVERYTHING and ruins any sense of stability he might at least draw solace from before going right back to the monotony.
And he's fucking poor.
>>
>>82789333

This is the original Spider-Man premise. I don't care about shit like getting the Symbiote Suit or accidentally dying and getting replaced by Dock Ock. In terms of the core narrative, this is totally accurate.
>>
>>82789409
He's pretty ok everywhere bar the Mephistoverse (and any place Slott did'nt touch in Spider-Verse)

Daily strip Spidey is the best. Guy gets knocked out by bricks all the time, yet still somehow saves the day and goes home to MJ
>>
>>82789174
70-80's japan is bitch
>>
>>82789144
spider-man, he does good and is constantly bogged down by the public and his fellow heroes for being who he is, annoying, and constantly gets horrible writers.
>>
Batman ultimately invites and like it. So Spider-man.
>>
>>82789333
You talking about the new run?
Even then he still can't catch a goddamn break!
He's doing mildly better than before but it's all gonna come crumbling down, because that's just how his life works.

Somebody just kill him and give the poor guy some mercy.
Not that it'd stop him for long.
>>
>>82789456
wait till peter loses the company and the only way they can save some of it is when Tony stark buys the parker industries stock
>>
>>82789470
It's a narrative even Lee got fed up with, hence why he married Peter off to someone who could handle him and who wound up giving him kids who could handle themselves
>>
File: 3.jpg (166KB, 600x675px)
3.jpg
166KB, 600x675px
>>
>>82789548
>>
>>82789144
spider man suffers more

batman never stops and thinks about how pathetic he is going around cosplaying with bad guys any one with actual super powers can defeat on their way to the bathroom having to drop a duce and its peaking

like OP's pic i see him having a moment of clarity not think about his parents.
>"omg my underwear is on the outside of my spandex pants"
and the weight of that sentence tears away the facade
>>
>>82789333
the only reason hes doing ok now is because spock turned his life around
give it time, the parker luck will kick in and his life will be shit again
>>
>>82789144
Bruce gets haunted by the memories of his parents being murdered. A tragedy but was something out of his control.
Peter, till the day he dies will always have the fact that he could have and should have stopped the burglar and chose not to. Which ultimately led to the death of his uncle.
I can see who who beat himself up harder.
>>
File: Daredevil's life sucks.jpg (226KB, 421x700px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil's life sucks.jpg
226KB, 421x700px
>>
>>82789596
With long rice comes long cooking time?
>>
>>82789144
Spider-man.
Life shits on him.

Batman shits on his own life.
>>
>>82789213
peter do everything you said and he was also poor
>>
>>82789144
Batman.
Especially considering he doesn't deserve half of the stuff he has to suffer.
Peter is a devil worshipper instead.
>>
>>82789144
The batman has some kind of mental illness so there is that
Everyone's parents die nigga it's been like 30 years learn to move on
Oh I fell in a cave one time too so I am also violently depressed about that
>>
>>82789289
>Spider-Man is a menace
Pretty sure he's a threat anon
>>
>>82790048
>poor

No he wasn't
>>
>>82789681
This
Daredevil Is the one who suffered the most
>>
>>82789144
Bruce, since he has more people to be worried about.

Spidey doesn't have kids (kek) and he doesn't really give a fuck about all his clones, which was always weird to me. His girls come and go, so he only has Aunt May as constant family.
>>
>>82789677
Bruce sometimes feels guilty over his parents death since some tellings of it have him give his mother the pearls or want to go to the movies or something. That and he feels guilty for everything that happens to people who get close to him
>>
>>82790269
Muh status quo. Peter will be poor again.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-Man because casuals fuck up writing his name.
>>
>>82789144
Bruce

Spidey does some stupid shit to himself like the whole unmasking thing for Civil War or not getting a good job despite being a super genius but he still has people who love him and is somewhat normal and well adjusted

Batman is fucked up. I don't buy into the whole HURR CRAZY AS HIS VILLAINS but he's clearly someone who suffers from depression and emotional trauma to an unhealthy extent especially when you consider every superhero out there must suffer from PTSD and all sorts of hang ups.
>>
File: s5-bat_light.jpg (46KB, 720x405px)
s5-bat_light.jpg
46KB, 720x405px
>>82789144
Batman
He literally can't let go
>>
>>82791212
/thread
>>
>>82791187
>lives in a good neighborhood
>can afford college
>doesn't have to worry about going broke or die of hunger
>has a job
>poor

I guess Superman is poor too then
>>
>>82789470
>original
:^)
>>
>>82789624
>hurr batman is useless meme
>>
Batman has been shown to be happy plenty of times both with his adopted kids and with the members of the JL

I know Spidey is an Avenger but he's never really been a mainstay has he? He hangs out with them and the F4 and a few others but for the most part he's alone and nothing really good happens for him and if it does it gets snatched away really hard and really fast
>>
>>82789213
This post is bullshit. Robins always comeback and he never died. Batfags are always trying to hide the fact that Bruce is just being dramatic about his life being awful.
>>
Only one of them has "Parker Luck"
>>
>>82791512
>Jason coming back
>a positive thing

If anything that makes Bruce's life even worse. Also he died during Snyder's run.
>>
File: s1bat_02.jpg (121KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
s1bat_02.jpg
121KB, 660x371px
>>82791320
>Gotham Knight

Shit nigga excellent taste
>>
If spiderman had been born in Gotham, would Bruce have made him a Robin?
>>
Spider man anon. Bats is rich silly
>>
>>82791607
If he didn't get bit by the spider he'd still be a little shrimp in school so I doubt it
>>
Not saying it eases the pain, but the Peter does still have the Parker luck. Life shits all over him on a regular basis, but in return he can score pretty much any woman he meets.
>>
>>82789681
His mom's alive, right? She just went all crazy Christian and decided she didn't want to be a parent anymore.
>>
>>82791656
A little shrimp with a genius intelligence. I imagine even without the spider bite, fate would have lead to Peter becoming a hero somehow, maybe not as successful, but Peter had that heroism in him that only needed an outlet, I mean you dont struggle through the shit Peter does if you aren't naturally good at being a hero.
>>
Fuck Batman
Fuck Spider-Man
Fuck Daredevil
Fuck Frank

Yes, they all have had tragedies happen to the ones they love. But they themselves don't really suffer that much. They all get to bang hot chicks and do what they love.

Bruce Banner is the most JUST character in fiction. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>82791607
>>82791656
Isn't tim the smartest of his birds?

So probably yeah
>>
>>82789328
Virtually every problem can be solves with money.
>>
>>82789677
Batman biggest failure say hey.
>>
>>82791740
Who exactly is this loved one you speak of in relation to Frank Castle?
>>
>>82791829
Can't bring the dead back
>>
>>82791892
his guns
>>
>>82791740
>Bruce Banner is the most JUST character in fiction. Prove me wrong.
Wade "Supercancer of the everything, but you can't die because of your healing factor despite the excruciating pain, and the tumors in your brain also make you mentally unstable" Wilson.

That's just the top layer. When we go into his ambiguous childhood, his attempt to enlist and become a national hero because he looked up to Captain America only to end up on Weapon X's butcher table, his realization during his mercenary work that he'd not only never be anything like Captain America but was the furthest thing from loved and respected and will always be feared or hated (despite not being a mutant) because of his deformities and inability to do anything outside kill or not die in a long life with no promise, his failed unstable relationships and having to kidnap and threaten a weak old lady and scrawny brain for company and companionship it all just keeps snowballing.

Hulk has certainly brought Bruce immeasurable problems, then again a lot of them may have been solved through Hulk math, but Bruce at the very least has a normal mode, his genius intellect and also when Hulk is temporarily cured he usually has opportunities.
If Wade's healing factor turns off he usually finds he's pretty useless and this is assuming the cancer doesn't kick back in and kill him like it would have.

Though he's been thrown a bone by the writers recently through a daughter, but we'll have to see how long it lasts.
>>
>>82791494
You provided some good counterpoints there.
>>
>>82789144
I'd say Spider-Man has it worse off. Both have suffered some terrible setbacks, but reality just seems to have a huge boner for screwing over Parker whenever it can. (My fav. fan theory is that the 'ole Parker luck is directly caused by Peters deal with Mephisto as punishment for devil dealing.)

Batman doesn't get hit quite as hard with the status quo reset nearly as often. Plus he actively has shown that being Batman has helped Gotham.
>>
Both suffer from the same fundamental trauma.

However, Bruce has a FAR better sense of responsibility and maturity than Peter does. He is able to manage having a twin life, Peter can often barely pay the rent and generally can't hold a steady job outside of photography. (a dying profession)

Peter often comes across as a teenager that never grew up.
>>
>>82792198
>Plus he actively has shown that being Batman has helped Gotham.
Just as quickly we get a sneak peak into the future with Old Bruce or Damian staring out from a window in the mansion at a much worse Gotham with a scowl on their face that would make Clint and Dredd shake their head in sympathy.

When Peter gets old or checks out NY is still just NY.
>>
>>82792389
Isn't the whole point that Gotham is on a downward spiral anyway?

Batman is only slowing things down, not providing a 100% fix solution.
>>
>>82789144
Spiderman

Batman will always have unreasonable luck and plot armor. spiderman gets shit on by writers for fun, because he can take it.
I mean fuck, every alternative dimension/what if version of spiderman bites the dust almost instantly every time.

>Spiderman_falling_onto_concrete.jpg
>>
>>82792488
Which never made sense to me as you think having like 6 costumed trained martial artist beating the shit out of criminals EVERY night and scaring them senseless alongside a billionaire playboy pouring billions into the city rehabilitating it and refurbishing its worst neighborhoods things would be getting better
>>
>>82792780
That's one of the reasons I always thought the bat family was dumb as fuck.

But muh status quo, joker make us moni pls.
>>
>>82792758
Eh Batman wins it's just that he usually wins when all the bones in a part of his body is broken and alfred patches him up for about 5 minutes before he go breaks all the other bones in his body
>>
>>82792780
You can't make people choose morality through fear, bribes or even legitimate good will efforts. Especially when worse people can just as easily make those converted choose the easier option of negligence or evil through fear, bribes and the chance to hurt others.

The crime in Gotham runs too deep and far for efforts inside it scaring a few goons to ever really reshape it. Harder punks and criminals will just move in when people soften up, and while I don't want it to become about an ultimatum the fact is if Batman and his kids don't step up to killing their enemies those hardened criminals are just going to keep flooding in until the reality of the situation sets in.
>>
>>82792780

You could rebuild all of Detroit, double its police funding, and try to bring jobs back to it and it would still be a shithole
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
>>82789144
Peter has BAD LUCK, the guy just fuck up a lot and never gets a break, but is usually not that bad.

Bruce and Matt are rised catholics so the suffer more from the shit that happens to them but they also can overcome it and get stronger for it.

The charcter that suffers the most is WALLY WEST
>>
>>82793061
>but is usually not that bad.
Dude what
>>
>>82793179
Just a dead girlfriend.

That's the worst.

Bruce and matt lose people they fuck all the time. Peter getting cucked is not a tragedy, it's his own fault.
>>
>>82792198
Pretty much my theory too, cosmic karma fucking over with both Peter and MJ because they aborted a child that could have done great things, such as what Annie did in the Battleworld reality, she helped bring down an aspiring god and all at a very young age
>>
>>82792307
>He is able to manage having a twin life
Being a billionaire sort of helps with the dual life thing, I'd imagine.
>>
>>82793624
He also has Mr. Fox who is a literal saint and is very capable
>>
>>82789144
Spider-Man, it's called "Parker Luck" for a reason.

Also Peter is motivated by guilt while Bruce is motivated more by vengeance.
>>
>>82792780
Gotham is a cursed demonic city. Ra's-al-ghul is 100% right in wanting to destroy it for the greater good.
>>
>>82794315
Go away Talia
>>
>>82792780
"pouring billions into the city rehabilitating it and refurbishing its worst neighborhoods" What is the "war on poverty".
The very projects the gov built became the nests of the worst of the worst. There are problems that follow peoples around, if you bring in those people you're guarenteed to have the problems associated with them short of installing something of a dictatorship. Though Singapore proves that a dictatorship need not be all that harsh, Lee Kuan Yew > The Batman.
>>
Bruce is a drama queen
>>
>>82794333
Gentrification and the war on poverty is two different things

America has the former
>>
>>82789144
Suffering is not integral to Batman's plot, but being a rich playboy who can spend millions on his hobby is.
>>
>>82793051
Two proven ways to fix hellholes even on the level of Detroit. Physically remove all the problem people, or a strongman with a police state to conquer (exactly as a foreign army would) the problem people.
>>
>>82793051
Detroit used to be pretty decent before drug dealing and breaking into cars became the only entry level jobs available.
>>
>>82789144
spider man
>parents died
>man who raised him died
>his aunt cucked his uncle and is actually his mom
>first girlfriend died, possibly due to him
>best friend is dead dur to overdose after being his enemy for so long
>enemy keeps coming back to life
>all the enemies he's made peace with dies
>finally makes peace with his school bully just to have him end up in a coma due to his enemies
>his aunt dies after he reveals his identity
>marries the girl of his dream but she's a model in LA while he lives in NY
>eventually gets his marriage revoked by shit writers
>now is girls being macked by Tony Stark
Truly, being Peter is the worst
>>
File: 1462899068642.jpg (14KB, 224x220px) Image search: [Google]
1462899068642.jpg
14KB, 224x220px
>>82794550
>considering Trouble canon
>>
>>82789144
Spider-Man. DC loves Batman, Marvel utterly despises Spider-Man.
>>
>>82789144
The universe is out to rob Peter of any happiness.
Batman's depression is mostly self-flagellation.
>>
>>82795430
>self-flagellation.

That's hot
>>
>>82789144
>Batman
Got cucked by his own son(Talia) and fucking who(Selina)

>Spidey
Got cucked by his pal(Tony) and his nemesis(Gwen)

Hmm, hard to tell, anon.
>>
File: what.png (253KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
253KB, 640x359px
>>82789144
>batman suffers
Bullshit. The faggot is just a drama queen
>>
J'onn J'onzz who is flawless and lost his family and race when his whole planet when to hell. And then can't do shit because nerfing, was demoted out of the JL and fell apart into a bunch of different people.

Also Jan Arrah who once lost his whole race when his planet exploded, fell out of the universe, almost died, lived for millions of years, went insane and died.
>>
>>82791375
You know what's really funny? J. Jonah Jameson helped put Peter through college.
>>
>>82789144

Spider Man is a character written by fat manchild sadists and disgusting fetishists.
>>
>>82796947
Well, you're not wrong.
>>
File: 1456110040311.jpg (346KB, 1038x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1456110040311.jpg
346KB, 1038x1600px
>>82789144

Peter.
>>
>>82794327
It was founded by people worshiping Darkseid (they thought it was just the Devil) and much of the old city planning was done by people who went insane at various pointy during the construction. Then there are the literally cursed swamps nearby. The entire city needs an exorcism, but that would only be temporary, given how it seems to just keep adding to the restless dead.
>>
>>82797020

Who the hell writes this shit?
>>
>>82797220
Someone dealing with depression.
>>
>>82789409
this
there is literally nothing worse in life than having dan slott as your writer
>>
>>82797020
>>82797220
Who the hell draws this shitthen copy/ pastes 5 fucking times?
I could literally do a better job in five minutes, and I'm awful.
>>
Batman has enough money to pay for some god damned therapy. Handsome, rich, has all the best toys, and friends. He's got family that shares in his weird ass hobbies. Chicks dig him. How does he respond to these things? He sits in his basement in the dark being a mopey bitch.
>>
>>82789144

Punisher
>>
>>82794550
Don't forget
>first girlfriend got fucked by goblin, and she had 2 of his super goblin babies. All this while Pete never fucked her.
>>
>>82797576
Yes there is. It's called having Bendis as your writer.
>>
>>82789144
they both bring it upon themselves, but I guess Spidey's less of a dick about it
>>
>>82791375
Its funny how being a freelance photographer and living in New York has become the kind of thing people brag about,
>>
>>82789272
Did he watch Jason die?
>>
>>82789510
Didn't Deadpool just shoot him in the head?
>>
>>82797846
THAT NEVER HAPPENED REEEEE
>>
File: 90.gif (388KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
90.gif
388KB, 267x199px
>>82789289
Damn, that's actually a perfect summary of just how fucked Peter has it. At least Batman has money to help cope with it all. Peter's just going to be broke again in a few months.
>>
>>82799271
I vaguely recall him watching him explode at one point but I could be wrong
>>
Batman brings most of his suffering upon himself, so deserves less sympathy.
>>
>>82789409
Almost as bad as bendis, but yeah. Slott ruins all
>>
>>82800334
>At least Batman has money to help cope with it all. Peter's just going to be broke again in a few months.
Dunno about that outside of when someone like Slott wants everyone to hate Peter and refuse to help him he usually has the Fantastic Four, Avengers and X-Men to support him if he needs them. With Batman it changes from universe to universe and writer to writer, but in the DCAU at least the JL seems to go their separate ways and Batman and Superman are both left to their fates.
The money and Kryptonian powers did not help.
>>
>>82789296
Haven't gotten around to reading Spider-man at all, what run is this anon imagining?
>>
>>82802561
One More Day
>>
>>82802561
One More Day in which Peter sells his marriage with MJ to the devil after aunt May gets shot by a sniper which Peter dodged and a deal with the devil is the only thing in the entire universe which can save her.
>>
>>82798932
Bendis? As his writer?
>>
>>82797642

This. The art is a goddamn disgrace.
>>
>>82792046
Deadpool is so unhappy and every writer who forgets this is a total hack.
>>
>>82802765

>the movie was pretty much Daniel Way's Deadpool
>>
>>82789144
>face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot
Its a rhetorical question, no?
>>
Spider-man, no contest.
>>
File: dat_feel.jpg (212KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dat_feel.jpg
212KB, 1024x768px
>>82792046
>>82802765

Word, I hate how Deadpool now just doesn't give a fuck and is all about being lol so random. His humor used to be self-deprecative and a defense mecanism. And he wasn't actually that much funny when he tried to be, only through his failures. He's basically the typical clown or cartoon that never gets what he wants and everything goes bad for him. But writers nowadays try make him actually "cool" and witty
>>
Batman is loaded and tons of friends and family to help him by.

Spider-man needs scraps just for rent and everybody hates him.
>>
>>82804315
The clown makes the joke to hide the pain

He's also laughing at himself with others
>>
>>82789213
Dude Peter have all this too and status quo fuck him up all the time
>>
File: Spuddermang.png (1MB, 1411x613px)
Spuddermang.png
1MB, 1411x613px
>>82804040
Agreed. Half of Batman's suffering is subconscious ego-stroking. Parker has legitimate issues and the universe has aligned to make sure he remains unhappy.
>>
>>82789144
Spidey suffers because the tragedy seeks him
Bats suffers because he seeks tragedy
>Boy imma let these fuckers who obviously know about me or know how to hurt me locked in a shitty asylum with minimal security because fuck you muh rules
>Oh no the thing i did came back and bit me in the ass, what are the odds?
>>
File: 1450311225814.gif (1MB, 332x173px)
1450311225814.gif
1MB, 332x173px
>>82806207
>White haired literal spider man
>Dog
>The knight of spiders
>Jamaican spider man
>Spider Ghost

I can get jiggy with this
>>
>>82789144
>Quesada and Slott

Answer's Spider-Man
>>
>>82789213
>Never gets any appreciation from the public, whereas more often than not Spidey is being depicted as mostly loved by New Yorkers

Dude you missed the entire point why Peter and Bruce are super heroes, they don't do it for appreciation, they do it because it's their sense for responsibility.
>>
>>82789144
I'm asking seriously: Was Batman ever physically and mentally tortured by one of his enemies until he nearly gave into his demands? Because that's the exact plot to Peter Parker Spider-Man #25
>>
>>82789174
NEVER REMIND ME OF THE 70s MANGA
>>
>>82810206
Emperor Joker
Knightfall
and I am sure there's more
>>
>>82810206
>Was Batman ever physically and mentally tortured by one of his enemies
during Emperor Joker he was tortured to the point of insanity
>>
>>82810206
The Cult, right? Or was that just mentally
>>
>>82810064
>Dude you missed the entire point why Peter and Bruce are super heroes, they don't do it for appreciation, they do it because it's their sense for responsibility.

Haven't there been multiple incarnations of both that the public adores?

I know Bats was seen as hope at one point

What the fuck Happened?
>>
>>82810344
the 90s happened
now we go back and forth from "you are a sign of hope for Gotham" to "Gotham will always need a Batman" to "Gotham is a meta machine that exists to create a Batman" to "Batman creates his own villain and Gotham would be bettere without him" etc.
>>
How miserable can you be when you got a pal like Clark?
>>
>>82810657
>how miserable can you be when your friend is a guy better than you in everything, loved by everyone and the pillar of the hero community able to protect his city and the world while you struggle to stop a bunch of freaks with stupid costumes and get your partners killed very often

pretty miserable?
>>
Wait, I'm not keeping up with Spider-Man.

He's gettin' cucked by Stark? With who?
>>
A lot of Batman's suffering is self inflicted.

Spiderman seems to have the power of never being allowed to be happy.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-man has all the problems batman has, plus he is always broke.
It's him.
>>
Darkseid tried to clone Batman to use him as a physical vessel (peak human specimen and what not) but all the clones went insane with grief due to the amount of suffering that carried over from Bruce.

Wonder what would've happened if he'd tried with Peter Parker
>>
>>82789144
Its not called Wayne luck...
>>
>>82810992
Actually there is a wayne luck

It's not good
>>
>>82810959
I think this image sums up what it's like to be Peter Parker.
>>
File: 1463158023175.jpg (141KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1463158023175.jpg
141KB, 900x675px
>>82811130
Everytime
>>
>>82811130

top kek
>>
spiderman, batman could just buy some hooker to sleep with or fuck any powerful women he wants. Spiderman has debt to pay an aunt to feed and Jameson to beat.
>>
>>82811208
>batman could just buy some hooker to sleep with or fuck any powerful women he wants
Bitches literally love Spidey though.
Black Cat, random blue aliens, a smoking hot blond, a red head super model.
Bruce has his own set of whores but the point is their sexual lives aren't really hurting, especially compared to the average joe.
>>
Aside from the occasional awful writing Peter's hardships usually happen because of things out of his control or as a surprise. He's fighting against the universe and shit happens to him constantly.

Bruce is almost entirely self inflicted, caused by himself and he's obsessive about it. The man has legitimate issues and should seek actual help.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-man
>gets uncle shot
>aunt has constant medical problems
>is always broke
>bullied at school
>bullied at work
>first gf marries someone else
>second gf dies, comes back and gets banged by the guy who killed her
>third gf marries 2nd gf's killers son, then marries Tony Stark
>aunt tries to marry the guy who would later kill him, then marries his boss, who hates him
>everyone you know temporarily forgets about you
>aunt gets shot and you have to make a deal with the devil to get her to survive, meaning that you never married third gf
>eventually you have your life stolen by somebody, and die with no one knowing you even died, because somebody took your place.
>>
File: 1443376953421.png (566KB, 762x342px) Image search: [Google]
1443376953421.png
566KB, 762x342px
>>82789144
Spider-Man by far. If Bruce Wayne quits being Batman tomorrow, nothing would change. Bruce can ask Selina to marry him on the spot and she would say yes in a heartbeat. He can move away after that and Gotham wouldn't get any shittier, and everyone can be happy.

If Spider-Man would quit his life would actively get worse until status quo slaps his shit again. New York is guaranteed to get even worse than it usually is, his social life wouldn't improve, there isn't a single girl that would even want Peter now, etc. And that doesn't stop the enemies he made over the years from hunting him down.

Batman's misfortune is, at the end of the day, self-inflicted. Spider-Man's on the other hand, is directly from things he can't even control. It's just Parker luck.
>>
>>82789289
Well the writers don't hate Batman the way they do Spidey. They don't call it "Parker Luck" for nothing.
>>
>>82810206
He has. Tons of times.
>>
>>82789144
Since I'm old as fuck, I can relate to Batman's grown man suffering more, but realize that part of it is self-inflicted. I have more sympathy for Spiderman since he just gets crapped on by the Marvel universe.
>>
>>82811286
>Black Cat

Not anymore. She straight up hates hi now and is a villain now.

>aliens

It's not like Peter can go to space whenever he wants to

>smoking hot blonde

Which one exactly? Gwen is dead and Carol got a full on mindwipe and dated Rhodey before he died.

>red head super model

Three words: One. More. Day. Life has ensured Peter has no one now. Because Parker Luck.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-man for sure. Norman alone basically drags Peter's life through the mud without consequence. let alone other top tier villains like Ock.
>>
I think I suffer the most. The emotional roller coaster that is the comic industry has left me in ruins. And a virgin.
>>
If we're talking about writers... Peter suffers so much more. Batman at least suffers to show the readers that he's still human, still cares. Spidey suffers because the writers can't imagine him EVER BEING HAPPY OR IN CONTROL OF HIS LIFE!

Story- wise, Peter's guilt is worse. Batman's vengeful rage isn't guilt. Bruce feels like shit about Jason and Tim, but ultimately he didn't cause these tragedies to happen (two examples only, on mobile). Peter killed Gwen and his inaction killed Ben. It could be argued his complacency killed DeWolffe.

Of course, if we really want to count OMD as a (legit)Peter thing and not some Quesada bullshit... then Pete deserves to suffer.
>>
>>82789144
Batman suffers more because he has a shit ton of money and that works against his favor because he feels empty in spite of his playboy lifestyle.
Spiderman has to work twice as much as a normal person just to get by and save the city, but in the end at least he gets the sense of accomplishment for a job well done and the love of those closest to him.
>>
>>82815027
>the love of those closest too him
>gets a sense of accomplishment

what Spider-man books are you reading nigga because I want them
>>
>>82789144
Batman has money to sooth his suffering, Spider-Man doesn't.
>>
Spider-Man has more actual suffering. Batman may suffer more, but the vast majority of his suffering is self-imposed.
>>
Spider-man finds more enjoyment in his life which is ripped away from him at every turn.

Batman is an empty husk of a man who can't find enjoyment in anything who's trying to help his city that's inevitably going to die anyway.

Batman's mental game is completely fucked up depending on the version, an even at his happiest he's still pretty fucked up. He as well as everyone he knows are always suffering.

Spidey is constantly in a spiral of guilt and not feeling worthy to have a normal life because of his powers and pushing those who love him away from him (or they suffer because of him) or they just suffer to suffer because life works that way.

Peter's unwinnable battle is one of atonement that constantly has him stuck in a loop where reality strolls through occasionally to fuck his shit up before he returns to the loop. Bruce's battle is with his urge for vengeance which constantly has him stuck in a loop.

Bruce's life is almost constant pain and wallowing in his failures while Spidey has higher highs but lower lows.
>>
>>82789656
Actually Spock fucked it. Peter is the one who became a billionaire in 8months.
>>
spiderman.
peter parker is basically shit on all day long at his job, in his relationship (if he's allowed to have one depending on who's writing him) and generally broke. As spiderman it's an escape from his day to day life but if he's not making enough money he cant make webbing

batman could have bad days as a hero, but he can enjoy being a rich play boy bruce wayne to pass the time.
>>
>>82802604
>>82802657
Well I read it. I don't understand all the fuss, the deal happened at the end and we just see a small piece of what it'd be like.

Unless there's some bullshit associated with it that happens afterwards, it's not the dumbest shit I've read in capeshit.
>>
>>82813334
Well he has that fanfiction-tier Silk character and he could've had that midget Spock was dating
>>
>>82813334
Well, apparently something seems to be happening between him and mockingbird.
>>
>>82789144
Well, Batman top three tragedies are..

>his parents death
>Jason Todd death
>Bane breaking his back

Spider-Man top three tragedies are..

>his uncle death
>Gwen death
>his status quo

You choose which one has it worse.
>>
>>82791512
>Bruce is just being dramatic about his life being awful.

When has Bruce ever complained?
>>
>>82789144
I'm not a fan of marvel .. but I respect spiderman

Batman has a son(although he always had adopted children).. something to fill that void.

Peter is a younger boy .. and feels responsible.. Ben did not die because Peter let out the criminal who killed him? or it was only in the movie?
>>
>>82789144
i think batman makes things worse for himself (though both do batman more so). at least peter can have some enjoyment in life.

also spider-man isn't in love with his nemesis like bat/joker
>>
File: Bad luck Chuck).jpg (8KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
Bad luck Chuck).jpg
8KB, 197x255px
Who has it the absolute worst out of Bats, Spidey and Charlie?
>>
>>82818159
That's comics too.
>>
>>82817060

One of the terrible things is because the editor of Marvel decided to flush Peter's marriage down the drain and put him back with his aunt May because that's what Peter was like when he was young.
>>
WOW POOR WIDDLE SPIDER BOY'S GRAMPS DIED SUCH TRAGEDY WAH WAH
>>
>>82819398
So it happens permanently after the One More Day events?

That's pretty lame I guess. But I really can't see OMD as anything but a small what-if that has no impact on the grand scheme of things if not.
>>
Batman had it worst. He got fucked up so hard he lost his humanity.

Though I initially thought Pete had it worse before I thought about it.
>>
>>82819491

Well, before One More Day he had a long successful marriage with Mary Jane. After OMD they were never married.

I think one of the in universe reasons was because Mephisto feared Peters unborn daughter.
>>
>>82820113
Going by Millar's Old Man Logan he had good reason to fear her.

But yeah that's kind of retarded.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-Man.

Ultimately he has all the same sorts of problems as Batman. His struggle is eternal, he can't give it up due to guilt, it puts his loved ones in horrible danger,etc. But Batman revels in his misery, and is ultimately less optimistic, and therefore hurt less when things go wrong.
>>
>>82805799
But doctor, I am Pagliacci.
>>
File: 1229153389947.jpg (221KB, 896x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1229153389947.jpg
221KB, 896x1387px
>>82820209
>Batman revels in his misery
People misconstrue this about his character because he's a dark character.

A soldier learns to cope with atrocities of war for survival if not victory or risk being no use to anyone or worse a liability to everyone. Bruce learned to draw strength from misery as many GLs and Sinestro noted but he does not enjoy it.

Batman isn't dark because of his tragedy but the tragedy of his reflex to it. With no super senses to prioritize things for him he bulk collects all the horrors of human society you can imagine and goes through it, slowly, to try (and sometimes fail) and solve it all at once.

In Mask of the Phantasm, while speaking to Owlman, during the hallucination of his parents in pic related arc, etc faced with the futility he pleads to humanity to just stop the horror the way a broken believer would to heaven. There is seldom an answer.

It's one thing to gaze into the abyss and not blink, watching it on repeat for 12 hours straight hoping to unravel it is not good for the mind.

People misconstrue this for self-imposed suffering, but Bruce doesn't have a choice. He has options of which path he'd like to take, but no real choices down either.

Bruce knows he can run with his money, put on a smile for the family during movie night, enjoy the sanctuary of Wayne Manor but between every second of that he also knows down below the cave's computers are collecting facts about people with no option for escape. And more the next day, and the next day, and the next day. Every day he takes a night off because crime doesn't sleep.

And yet whether or not he even tries he knew he failed the moment he started. There are too many victims to save and not enough heroes, knowing this no matter the life he lives there is no hope in his eyes whether staring at a computer or TV screen.

One can get over it of course, but like the soldier on the battlefield that does not stop the war.
>>
>>82789470
>This is the original Spider-Man premise.

AKA:
>I have only ever seen the Raimi movies

Go read a comic book, filthy casual.
>>
>>82810991
Ezekiel tried to become the Spider Avatar, but in the end after getting flashed all of Peter's suffering, decided to sacrifice himself and let Peter keep the role.
>>
>>82820147
It gets better. Right afterwards Quesada inserted his daughter as a love interest while also having artists use his face as a template for Peter's.
>>
>>82796486
This. Bruce is a pussy.
>>
>>82810991
That sounds like complete bullshit.People lived through far worse than Batman in RL and came out relatively sane.
>>
>>82823161
I really doubt that, we are not talking about the origin story but all the fucked up shit he had to endure during his career as Batman
>>
>>82823194
The holocaust (as just one example of many) existed anon. Batman suffering is low tier compared to RL unless they specifically absorbed the entire Emperor Joker storyline.
>>
>>82823284
>the holocaust existed

any proof?
>>
>>82823110
what
what
>>
>>82789144
Spiderman. They made him black.
>>
>>82823284
>The holocaust (as just one example of many) existed anon.
Yeah, but even if they failed to exterminate all the Jews, you don't see the Germans whining like Batman does.
>>
>>82823911
you just don't visit the right places
>>
>>82789144
Peter suffers more, but I would say that is a result of his own actions rather than the world around him.

Batman unless written by a complete and utter hack, admits when he's fucked up his relationships or a situation. But he;ll get up every time, try and fix the damage and continue with his life.

Peter though... I think One More Day hit the problem on the head. Ultimately, he is a selfish individual at this moment in time. He'll do some asinine things and ultimately when they backfire in his face and he's left to pick up the pieces, he won't learn. He'll just keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Comparing the suffering between them, I'm reminded of a quote from ASOIAF 'love is the bane of honor, the death of duty'. Batman ultimately chooses his self imposed duty over personal fulfillment. Peter chooses to do his self imposed duty until it bites him in the ass.
>>
>>82824120
Fuck Dan Slott.
>>
>>82824139
Amen to that brother. Amen to that. Fuck this Iron Man bullshit we've got going on. Give me Peter 'Every man' Parker
>>
>>82789174
How's the manga?
>>
>>82821013
Go away Kovacs, you're dead.
>>
>>82789144
Batman. At least Spider-Man allows his family to love him.
>>
>>82789144
Spider-Man. He has to worry about paying rent and shit, Batman is rich and doesn't need to worry about that stuff.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>82789223
>>
>>82825044
>He has to worry about paying rent and shit, Batman is rich and doesn't need to worry about that stuff.

But that's Spider-Man too. You'd know this if you weren't under a rock.
>>
>>82789144
batman because his beard has fleas.
>>
>>82789174
>Become Spider-Man after getting spider powers
>Life immediate begins to spiral into a vast ocean of shit
>Never gets the girl
>Kills nearly every member of his rouges gallery or sentence them to a fate worse than death by sheer accident
>Tokyo hates his fucking guts and actively calls out for his head on a platter
>Gets framed as a rapist and never gets the chance to clear his name
>Every person who is so much as an acquaintance of his is doomed to suffer
>Can't save anybody
>Constantly pushed to the edge of insanity and is just one bad day away from becoming an unstoppable villain
>MIND TIGERS
There is a reason why we call Yu Komori "The Suffering-Man". Dude's life is so fucking horrible it makes the trials and tribulations of Peter Benjamin Parker look like a bad sitcom.
>>
File: DDvDP.jpg (149KB, 737x1097px) Image search: [Google]
DDvDP.jpg
149KB, 737x1097px
>>82789681
>>82790446
Deadpool's suffered more than Matt desu. It makes his small victory now more satisfying. Deadpool's been mind controlled into killing his parents, lost almost every partner he has, pretty much in constant pain due to his cancer and healing factor, permanently disfigured, had to kill his own friend in prison after watching him get forcibly lobotomized, tortured constantly, temporarily and partially insane, etc.

Memes aside, Wade has had a very hard life.
>>
>>82826865
>Tries to help Typhoid Mary, all that happens next
I know Wade was just trying to do right, but he should have listened to Matt's wisdom. Sometimes you can't save someone from what they are.
>>
>>82817060
It's terrible writing. Peter would never do shit like that. It felt forced.
>>
File: Deadpool33p15.jpg (221KB, 951x1458px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool33p15.jpg
221KB, 951x1458px
>>82829177
Only adds to Wade's misery pile, and all that for trying to do what's right.
>>
>>82823635
Just before OMD God himself had also descended from the heavens to tell him he's doing a great job and everything will get better eventually.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.