[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /co/ enjoy the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (104KB, 575x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 575x414px
Did /co/ enjoy the movie?
>>
solid 7.7.

fell in love with Negasonic Teenage Warhead's voice
>>
No. And I'm prepared to belittle anyone who thinks they did.
>>
>>82710900
It wasn't that bad, but I didn't really laugh during it.
>>
Literally perfect.
>>
>>82710900

you can tell /co/ mostly likes it, because we don't talk about it much. we really only talk about shit. and how much we hate it.
>>
I can't stop rewatching the opening scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwgjYqMK3c
>>
>>82711321
the music makes it.
>>
>>82710900
just saw it once in theaters, but yeah i thought it was pretty solid
>>
>>82710900
i'm older than 23 and not a manchildren so no ..
>>
>>82710900
It was reddierfic!
>>
>>82711290
It's hard to separate /co/ and /tv/ nowadays where /tv/ blatantly shitposts about every movie
>>
>>82710900
Saw the first 30 minutes. It was just a bunch of bad memes and family guy tier jokes.
>>
>>82710900
easily better than any of the x-men movies. rewatched it the other day on blu ray and still love it. only a couple scenes aren't too funny and left me sitting there (mainly the one near the end where he has the knife in his head and starts hallucinating)
>>
>>82711466
t. 13 yr old Redditor who enjoyed masturbation jokes and LE SO RANDOM humor
>>
>>82711367
Man, I love that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzGMEfbnAw
>>
>>82710900
Yeah, it was decent!
I can't imagine the million sequels are going to be good at all, but wouldn't that be cool?
>>
>>82710900
it felt really short, perhaps because it's an origin story intertwined with the present. all in all, not great but sufficiently good for the hype.
>>
Ending fell flat for me, just another generic superhero battle, and Francis was a pretty lame villain for this type of movie.
>>
>>82711831
It was ok
>>
it was far more entertaining than I expected, though admittedly less than I had hoped.
>>
I liked it.
It was a little memier than I expected but it did have some good moments and laughs.

What I was surprised with was how integrated it was in the Marvel universe
>X-men mansion
>Crashed Helicarrier
>Spider-man joke
>>
>>82711831
That's because they literally had their budget cut at the last moment.
Francis was going to name the true mastermind behind it all and then there'd be one last battle at a mansion.
>>
>>82711973
sauce?
>>
it's not a comic book movie since there's no plot point based or inspired by the actual comics, it's a movie about a funny character that happens to be from comics.

I never did understand deadpool beyond than a 4th wall breaking character.
>>
>>82710900
It was OK, not the best superhero movie ever made, but it was a nice change of tone from the other crap they have been making. The humor could have been better, the action was pretty good. Plot wise though, pretty mediocre.
>>
File: deadpool happiness.jpg (130KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool happiness.jpg
130KB, 488x750px
>>82712393
>I never did understand deadpool beyond than a 4th wall breaking character.
Deadpool, at his best, is an absurdist character.
He understands that life has no intrinsic meaning. There is no point to life. We all live meaningless lives without ever making a different to the vast and cold universe.

So laugh about it. If it doesn't matter, it's all just a joke. And jokes should be laughed at.
But no one can truly believe that all the time.

The movie captured that a bit with Deadpool and the girl's misery dick measuring contest.
But not really.

The next movie will probably be worse because this one was able to be what it is due to a shoestring budget that kept it off the radar.
The next one will be calculated to reap maximum profits.
>>
>>82710900
Yes, looking forward to picking it up to watch the deleted scenes and making ofs.
>>
>>82710900
no
>>
Can we stop and appreciate for a moment how much Reynolds loves playing Deadpool?
>>
>>82713456
How was he so good in "Deadpool" and so bad in "Green Lantern"?
>>
>>82710900
Not really. It has some nice moments, but overall it's pretty bad.
>>
>>82714125
Because Ryan actually likes Wade.
>>
>>82711914
Unofficially, I think Deadpool is set in the MCU
>>
>>82710900
I fucking loved every minute of it.
I can't wait for the sequel.
>>
>>82714369
Isn't it canonically in the Fox X-men universe?
I mean it was the straight up same sets as the X-men shit
>>
>>82714125
Writers and directors have just as much impact on an actor's performance as the actor themselves.
>>
>>82714426
Ignore idiots.
>>
>>82712393
Didn't they literally take something from the comics thou, the whole Ajax plot
>>
Not nearly as Waypool-y as I was expecting. Also enjoyed seeing Bob.

B+
>>
>>82713456
I worry that one day he's going to snap and start believing that he actually is Deadpool.
>>
>>82714740
I love his "stole the suit last day of filming" story to which he responded to a crew member who asked that who was going to stop him
>>
>>82714740
2Morrison4me
>>
>>82710900
I really liked it.

Reaction here was about what you'd expect from /co/ntrarians and /tv/ crossborders

I remember more likes than dislikes for the first couple of days though

/tv/ was devastated when it didn't bomb and everybody was surprised by its box office.

I liked it. Easily the best X-men solo flick and top 3 in the X franchise.
>>
>>82711555
You just described /tv/, surprised they didn't like it but then again most didn't see it and they liked other shit only cause they could make memes from the scenes in them so whatever
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (29KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
29KB, 396x400px
>>82712393
>it's not a comic book movie since there's no plot point based or inspired by the actual comics
It's literally almost entirely based off of his origin comic, you mongoloid.
>>
>>82712656
Fingers crossed that we get Drowningpool in the next one.
>>
Danny Devito as Headpool for sequel
Y/N?
>>
>>82712656
the writers already said that they dont want some absurdly big budget, they said that they are find as they are.
>>
>>82715626
The writers are worth nothing in Hollywood, despite the fact that they literally make movies worth watching.
>>
>>82715647
well, the movie was made by basically 4 guys, ryan, the two writers and miller, and ryan is the producer, so the sequel most likely will be as they want it to be
>>
>>82715712
The studio will see how much money it made and then assign a fleet of execs to ensue that it does it again.
When you're dealing with hundreds of millions of dollars, you don't just let some poor fuckers take over.
You get your best executives to fuck it up.

They don't have trust or faith.
They say "Have it focused grouped every step of the way".

That's how it works.
>>
>>82715788
>That's how it works.
well, not with this one it will not
>>
>>82715877
Well just wait.
Deadpool 2 will be a focus tested lowest common denominator safe as shit movie.

Probably PG 13
>>
>>82715788
>>82715905
Compared to the other comicbook movies released, Deadpool had a very small budget. The execs aren't really risking anything if they just give Reynolds and company a (relatively speaking) little more money for the next movie and let them do their own thing again given the amazing track record. They have no reason not to. Interfering would probably be seen as a bigger risk then just leaving them alone.
>>
Didn't expect to like it and indeed did not. Its brand of humor doesn't appeal to me, and that kinda ruined it for me. Some of the non-humorous parts were ok, but nothing amazing.

Anyway I don't think it's the worst movie ever and not everything has to appeal to me me me, and with the amount of people who love it I guess it's good that it did well and more like it will get made, but I'll pass on any future installments.
>>
>>82716309
This is Hollywood.
They'll see "small money=large money".
So they'll think "large money=huge money".

They'll ruin it. Just wait
>>
>>82716538
Not when "large money=huge money" constitutes a much larger risk than just leaving the Deadpool guys to their own devices.

We're not talking about any other movie out there, we're talking about the movie that destroyed the box office when it was released, so logically a sequel done by the same guys in the same manner is guaranteed to score a profit no matter what.

Too much involvement may make it lose why the movie worked in the first place, and because they don't know with complete certainty (because they're idiots) why Deadpool was so very successful, they won't want to meddle with the development of the sequel for this exact reason.

The way I see it is that the way they see it, if they just give the people who made Deadpool some resources and tell them 'do whatever you just did again', it's guaranteed that they'll get a large ("huge money") return.

Emphasis on "some resources" because the people involved in Deadpool 2's production don't even want a very high budget, and I doubt Fox is going to force them to have a massive budget because if the execs see a massive return on investment where the investment is relatively pithy and risk is minimal, there's no reason to even marginally increase potential risk and if there's anything they don't want to do is to increase potential of loss profits.
>>
>there will never be a marvel movie with the love triangle over Death between Thanos and Deadpool
>>
>>82715241

You can keep your bernie supporter.
>>
Who should play Cable?
Should Hugh Jackman cameo in it or no?
>>
Loved it. Just got the blu ray, watched it with my family. I was scared I'd be bored through out, but it's got great pacing. The exec interference talk has me scared. It's been recorded that these guys are mouth breathing idiots who have no idea WHY the movie was a success.
>>
>>82710900
I enjoyed it but wade was too pretty to look at. He should have been more burnt tumor-bacon-ish
They needed to do his makeup better.
>>
>>82718108
To be fair, he was still fairly hideous. I mean, he looks better than comic Wade, but no one would really want to date him just based on his looks.

And that skin's everywhere. Not just his face, EVERYWHERE. Imagine what his dick looks like.
>>
>>82711973
what
>>
>>82717070
You're underestimating how stupid Hollywood is when it comes to films.

>Small budget to a bunch of guys making a movie they don't think will make much
>Literally swimming in money from how much profit the movie made
>Execs want another smash hit, assign a bigger budget
>They assign a million suits to the movie to make sure it's as widely appealing as possible so it's sure to be a hit so they can make money after budget increase
>Movie flops due to executive meddling.
>Grow risk-averse and make only what they know 100% will sell.
>Finally ready to take risks and give small budget they won't expect to make too much back
>the cycle continues
>>
File: smug pipe man.jpg (67KB, 372x460px) Image search: [Google]
smug pipe man.jpg
67KB, 372x460px
>>82714989
they're not old enough to get in without a guardian.

Say, do any of you fine gentlemen want to go see Keanu in 14 hours or so?
>>
I liked it a lot. I'm still not sure how I feel about Wade getting such a HAPPY ending...but hey, that just means they have to wreck it all at the start of the next movie!
Hey thats how Wade's life is, if the movies were any more true to the comics then Wade would have kissed her realized she was replaced by a Skrull or something else even worse
>>
>>82713456

I kind of imagined him sitting in front of his computer for a couple days straight after the movie released, doing nothing but refreshing the box office figures and laughing maniacally.
>>
>>82711023
watch more movies anon
>>
>>82718313
>Imagine what his dick looks like.
when it's not falling off or getting shot, of course
>>
File: 1462856878748.gif (70KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
1462856878748.gif
70KB, 312x390px
>>82710900
Deadpool was good but not as good as Deadpool. I give it a Deadpool/Deadpool
Would Deadpool again.
>>
>>82719303

He was too busy doing press junkets but he spent a lot of his own time unpaid selling the movie which Fox loved.
>>
Wade Wilson broke his rule when he does his '4th wall break in a 4th wall break' bit. Only Deadpool can do this, not Wade.

And why does Deadpool get the girl at the end? He never does, its meant to be an unhappy ending for his horrible life.
>>
>>82722898

Because the story isn't being finished in the telling. Copycat goes full psycho.
>>
File: hey pal.jpg (23KB, 432x403px) Image search: [Google]
hey pal.jpg
23KB, 432x403px
About the only thing that made the transition well was his fighting style and costume

>>82722987
Did you miss the bit where the credits rolled and Deadpool asks the viewer while theyre still here
>>
>>82723082

No buddy, you listen they called her Copycat for a reason. Kellypool is about to sink your battleship and argument, naysayer.
>>
>>82723102
My point is the film is written as a self contained work regardless of any intention to throw the relationship under a bus in The Search for More Money.
>>
File: Igotthatreference.jpg (95KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Igotthatreference.jpg
95KB, 1000x600px
>>82723143

I think the perception that he doesn't get the girl is wrong. I think he does get the girl, he just doesn't get to keep her.

It is a key distinction which I think the follow up movie will prove me right. If there had only been 1 movie, then you would be right but facts in evidence, it is about the entire story line not just a small episodic thing you're making it out for. As an example I can point to individual comics where deadpool does get the girl. He usually ends up losing her later on is my point.
>>
>>82710900
It's in my top 3 superhero movies of all time.
>GotG
>Deadpool
>Civil War
>Ant-Man
>Days of Future Past
>>
>>82723302
Fuck.
I wrote top 3 instead of top 5.
>>
>>82710900
Watched it for the first time 10 minutes ago.
Fucking brilliant.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.