[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I know that this might sound like a joke question, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Batman+Reward.png (1MB, 1168x554px) Image search: [Google]
Batman+Reward.png
1MB, 1168x554px
So, I know that this might sound like a joke question, but I'm seriously curious as to what everyone thinks Martha means in Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader.

I've always read that as, being Batman is its own reward. That his life will be short, difficult and full of danger, but that it's worthwhile, because he has a privilege that very few get: being Batman.
>>
>>82709061
>You don't get heaven
>or hell
>but you get to be alive
>>
It amazes me how this artist managed to imitate a bunch of styles pretty well but can't draw a woman to save his life.
>>
File: Batman_3_large.jpg (243KB, 669x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_3_large.jpg
243KB, 669x1029px
>>82709426

They did pretty well with Martha and Selina.
>>
>>82709483
They gave Martha broad as fuck shoulders and a tit-sock outfit. She didn't feel maternal at all which hurt the impact of her being there. It was like he never drew any women outside of 90's bad girls.
>>
I always thought it was kinda fucked up.

>you don't get heaven or everlasting peace
>but you'll always lose your parents when your 8 years old and dedicate your life to a mental illness-fueled battle that you can never truly win
>>
>>82709648

>broad shoulders

Hey, Bruce has gotta get those genes somewhere.
>>
>>82709769
This. We should be grateful she didn't also have Bruce's jawline.
>>
>>82709696
But he gets to be alive, that's the point.

>>82709648
She's the (trophy, maybe) wife of a billionaire.
>>
>>82709867
>Martha Wayne
>Trophy wife

The Kents were arguably as rich as the Waynes.
>>
>>82709934
The Kents had a farm, the Waynes had a real estate empire.

Is this bait?
>>
I heard an interpretation that this story is an allegory for Batman changing throughout the various comic ages, and from writer to writer. And no matter the circumstances, the core of his character is the same. He's Batman and he will protect the innocent forever.
>>
It's meta commentary. Bruce is never going to die, and stay dead. There's no eternal end for the most popular superhero character in existence.
>>
>>82710100
I'm pretty sure he means the Kane family, who are very rich.
>>
>>82710100

The Waynes were involved in R&D and tech, not real estate.
>>
>>82710333
Ah, maybe. Martha was still the wife of a billionaire, she had to keep her looks.

>>82710355
They had both, in fact what doesn't Wayne Enterprises do? Maybe weapons manufacturing...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.