[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we can make cartoons good again with better writing! >looney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1449528264201.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449528264201.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>we can make cartoons good again with better writing!
>looney tunes weren't even good! where were the character arcs and world-building?
>john k hurt my feelings, therefore solid drawing skills are bullshit!
>making more action cartoons will save animation!
>what do you mean it's a bad cartoon? look at all of those frames!
>>
>>82705221
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>82705359
/co/ - comics & cartoons
>>
>>82705221
>implying comedy "safe" shows aren't killing animation
>>
>>82705221
who cares
>>
>>82705479
>implying making stiff, poorly-drawn generic action shows with the same filmation production methods will save it
>>
So are you complaining about caring about writing over animation and animation over writing or both or what?
>>
John K's animations aren't entertaining. They're nice to look at, certainly (from a technical standpoint anyway), but not entertaining.
>>
Anyone else think it's ironic that OP is defending the self proclaimed god king of cartoons and expressive animation, but can't even find a cartoon reaction image?
>>
>>82705705
I find it ironic that he's connecting John K to solid drawing skills, in his journey to push his figures wackier and wackier he lost a focus on anything like that ages ago.
>>
>>82705646
The ignoble death of an art-form, mostly.

>>82705705
Literally none of those things are true.
>>
>>82705875
>Literally none of those things are true.
So you're saying OP's picture is drawn?
>>
>>82706507
My post wasn't a defense of John K, he never called himself "god king of cartoons and expressive animation" and I have plenty of cartoon reaction faces.
>>
>>82706607
If you're not defending John K then does that mean your statement isn't ironic? Otherwise why even mention him?
>>
>>82706752
I'm defending solid drawing and good production methods. My point is that it's asinine how /co/ writes these off because a mean person promotes them.
>>
>>82705603
So what, Rocko's Modern Life is a shit show? I don't get it.
>>
>>82705221
>I jerk off to this show therefore it's good
>>
Is this the "Shit /co/ Says" thread?
>>
File: laugh_futurama.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
laugh_futurama.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>82705221
>john k
>solid drawing skills

Good one, OP.
>>
>>82706831
Fuck you.
>>
File: CIA, I'm CIA.jpg (86KB, 788x681px) Image search: [Google]
CIA, I'm CIA.jpg
86KB, 788x681px
>Person draws like they read John K's blog and have no other influences at all besides John K and 1930s cartoons
>Everything they make is tryhard le wacky with no good story or interesting characters
>>
>>82708537
Like Kyle a Carroza?
>>
The only one I really agree with is "where were the character arcs and world-building"

Every cartoon needs a plot arch and multiple hiatuses to be considered good now
>>
>>82707707
Came here to post this.
>>
>>82708559
TVsKyle is the big one; ironically even the slightest mention of John K makes even extremely assblasted

Themrock and everyone else on Dumm Comics except for the fairy comic

Bunnicula
>>
>>82705221
Luigi would never say such things.
>>
File: 1461041658062.gif (1MB, 240x162px) Image search: [Google]
1461041658062.gif
1MB, 240x162px
>>82707891
>>
File: 1461605542575.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461605542575.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>82711447
Yes he would.
>>
File: co v tv r9k pol tumblr.jpg (102KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
co v tv r9k pol tumblr.jpg
102KB, 300x300px
>the board about comics and cartoons hates comics and cartoons

Would you all be happy if comics and cartoons just ceased to exist? Would that fill the hole in your heart?
>>
>>82705221
I just really don't like John K. I get why he's prolific but fuck man, I just hate him and his stuff.
>>
>>82715604

You don't post on 4chan because there are things that you like, you post on 4chan because there are things that you hate, and you can only express your hate anonymously.

If you just want a squishy hugbox to talk about how much you like something you'd just go to Reddit.
>>
File: go-to-hell-l.jpg (360KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
go-to-hell-l.jpg
360KB, 1440x900px
HA HA TIME TO RIP OP A NEW ONE SO HE CAN HAVE EVEN MORE GAY SEX

>>82705221
>>we can make cartoons good again with better writing!
There's plenty of good cartoons out there right now with great writing. In fact there's probably more well written cartoons now than when I was a kid.

>>looney tunes weren't even good! where were the character arcs and world-building?

Who has ever said this? Ever?? I want to see it in an archive, OP. Show me.

>>john k hurt my feelings, therefore solid drawing skills are bullshit!

John K hate has nothing to do with skills. Though SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT UP, he sure does like to hold on closeups and recycle 6 frame loops for 30 seconds at a time to PAD HIS SHIT OUT. Also he's got all of twelve different character designs that he changes slightly. So masterful.

>>making more action cartoons will save animation!

I've never heard this argument either. In fact you're pulling these straight out of your ass. The argument regarding more action cartoons generally is that people want action cartoons.

>>what do you mean it's a bad cartoon? look at all of those frames!

well this sure does contradict the shit you've said above, particularly the John K one. Who are these mythical people who hate drawing skills but fap over the number of frames of animation something has? Also I think everyone here who is able to make a coherent sentence is able to realize that the number of frames in an animation has anything to do with the quality of the art or even the fluidity of the animation.

Again, show me some fucking archive posts. You claim we say this shit, so fucking show me.
>>
>>82705221
you know the point about John K would hold more water if the stupid fuck didn't try to pass off his hideous abominations as acceptable animation.
>>
>>82706831
John K doesn't promote good production methods or solid writing. The man is notorious for being unable to deliver on a deadline, for literally abusing his voice talent, and for fighting studio executives till he has no wiggle room.

You want a good artist and show runner go for McCracken or Tartovsky or Faust or any number of modern people who still actually work at studios, or go back to the greats like Jones or Avery and so on.

John K's incessant whining over aesthetic and how much he hates being told what to do when earning a paycheck are not laudable.
>>
>>82705221
John K should hang himself
>>
>>82705221
I'm tired of all this sensitive Caltech animated bullshit Cartoon Network has been pushing.
>>
File: 1459908943691.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459908943691.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>82717124
4 hours later, nothing. As expected.
Yep, you were right anon, he didn't know jack shit what he was talking about. Fucking hate obvious bait shitposters.
>>
>>82715308
No he would not, sir. This is slander.
>>
>>82705221
>what do you mean it's a bad cartoon? look at all of those frames!
But those are the same people who jerk off John K and Looney Tunes though.
>>
>LE NOSE HAIRS AND FARTS!!
>SNOTS EVERYWHERE LOL!!
>I'M A MASTER ANIMATOR *jizzes on own face*
>>
>>82717124
since /co/ and tumblr are the same thing, it's now legal to quote tumblr posts and pretend they were said on /co/. What's the difference, am I right?
>>
>>82717124
>There's plenty of good cartoons out there right now
Hah.

>with great writing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Though SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT UP, he sure does like to hold on closeups and recycle 6 frame loops for 30 seconds at a time to PAD HIS SHIT OUT.
That has nothing to do with solid drawing.

>Also he's got all of twelve different character designs that he changes slightly. So masterful.
What does this have to do with the skills he encourages?

>I've never heard this argument either. In fact you're pulling these straight out of your ass.
I think you're willingly pretending to be ignorant.

>Who are these mythical people who hate drawing skills but fap over the number of frames of animation something has?
Anyone who thinks Dick Williams isn't shit.

>>82721594
Calm the fuck down, I've got a life outside of 4chan.
I bet you smell.
>>
>>82706831

>john k
>good production methods

So what you actually mean to say is "I'm a nostalgiafag who doesn't know shit about animation but I pretend to do"
>>
>>82705448
So you saw one random post on /co/ (not even an OP) saying something stupid and decided to make a thread about it?
>>
>>82726973
Know how I know you've never actually read his blog?
>>
>>82706831
John K doesn't seem to promote solid drawing anymore, he's been trying to push poses and make things a lot more fluid, and what production methods does he use that people aren't already implementing? Most cartoons are written by storyboard artists instead of script writers now, what else did he really bring to production?
>>
>>82725253
>>There's plenty of good cartoons out there right now
>Hah.

>>with great writing.
>HAHAHAHAHAH

stay mad kid. sorry john k won't look you in the eyes when you make sweet love anymore
>>
Just because John K was a "talented" ""artist"" and you're nostalgic for his show doesn't mean his work holds up at all. It's just gross out humor without anything entertaining. Shock value wears off. Kids like shows with stories and characters (foreign words to you, I know. Use a dictionary if you need to) because kids like being entertained.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.