[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was wrong, /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 28

File: tony-stark-civil-war.png (591KB, 1884x786px) Image search: [Google]
tony-stark-civil-war.png
591KB, 1884x786px
He was wrong, /co/
>>
Both sides were wrong since they were both the extremes of their political side.
>>
>>82687974
True, but Stark was wrong on more points than Cap.
>>
>>82687993
Not really.

Caps whole point about how regulations come from people with agendas and biases was crazy hypocritical and basically implies he, a guy from a different time, is perfect.

Everyone was equally retarded you just see the ones that are more on your side as less retarded.
>>
Cap was wrong for not telling Tony.
>>
>>82688009
But I'd be against the accords, despite being pro gun control. The movie is a huge analog for gun control
>>
Bucky did kill his parents. Can't argue that.
>>
>>82688035
No, Hydra killed Stark's parents using Bucky's body (completely out of his control, no-less) as a vessel in which to do it
>>
>>82687742
Right about accords, wrong about bucky, right to be pissed at cap for not telling him about his parents
>>
>>82688022
I didn't think so at all.
More like nukes.
Guns are already everywhere in the hands of 12 year old farm kids, gang members, police, survivalists, sport shooters, Detroit, the military, and Dick Cheney

Hell they use about 100 different guns in this movie and no one says a peep about "guns r bad"
>>
>>82688064
>right about the accords

He had the right issues to be brought up, the problem is the accords solve literally none of them and only make it harder to save lives. As demonstrated by Stark having to go behind Ross's back when he was going to stop Zemo.
>>
>>82687742
he dragged a kid into an armed conflict. of course he was wrong.
>>
>>82688047
So you wouldn't want to kill the guy?

After seeing that video you would just go "well he was brainwashed"

God I am happy I am not related to you.
>>
>>82688098
I dunno to me this seems to be more about accountability.

Like we expect soldiers and police officers to follow rules and if they fuck up they are held accountable.
>>
Of course he was, the only person who was right in the comics was Reed Richards, but he wasn't in the movie.

Come to think of it, Reed Richards is literally always right about everything.
>>
>>82688064
I will say this, in THEORY, the accords are a great idea. But it adds a lot of red tape that can easily stop the Avengers from doing what needs to be done. And the angles in which the accords were made were completely out of tune

>Look at all these damages in Avenger related events! Like that time the Avengers saved tens of millions of lives in an alien invasion, or when some Avengers saved millions of lives and saved the world from Hydra rule, or when the Avengers saved the world from human extinction at the hands of a genocidal AI!

The accords had the right ideas at heart, but there's just no way it could work in execution, when you have miles of bureaucratic red tape and dozens of agendas that will clash and conflict all the time.

>>82688111
I didn't say Cap was right in not telling him, or Stark was wrong in not wanting to beat the pulp out of Bucky. I said that Bucky himself didn't kill Mr. and Mrs. Stark.
>>
>>82688135
RIIIICHAAARDS!!! Remove your petty existence from this thread!
>>
>>82688122
But the accords don't even address that, when they run and are eventually brought in the heroes aren't treated as felons. They're thrown in the rift to rot. Or put under house arrest for defending themselves.

Say a shoot out was happening between the police and some other people and a grenade is thrown to one of the cops who's surrounded by civilians. On instinct he throws it away from everyone but it still blows up and kills people.

A cop in the same instance wouldn't face any sort of trial, he would probably just be put on leave for a bit. No chance of house arrest. Hell, a regular civilian probably wouldn't face charges at that stage.

>if they fuck up they are held accountable

Not to the same standard as the populace.
>>
>>82688216
>A cop in the same instance wouldn't face any sort of trial,
Are you insane?
A cop that throws a life granade into a building and kills a few people to safe maybe more people on the street wouldn't face any sort of trial?
You mean he wouldn't face any sort of trial since they would just fire him without letting him even defend himself, right?
>>
>>82688216
>he throws it away from everyone but it still blows up and kills people
This means he murdered those people.
>>
the Nuremberg trial concluded that given the choice between obeying the rules that say to do bad things, or breaking the rules to do good things, the former is morally abhorrent.

when the rules said 'obey the man issuing the order to kill an innocent man' Cap was right to break the rules to protect that innocent man and do everything he could to keep him alive.

Even if Bucky was guilty for the death of T'chaka, it still would have right for Cap to keep Bucky alive that he could receive a fair trial, and do everything he could that Bucky's punishment was not disproportionate for the crime.
>>
>>82688241
>the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

That is the definition of murder. The case of Bucky Barnes killing the Starks is a muddy one because of the brainwashed mind control. A cop throwing a grenade away from civilians he sees and inadvertently killing civilians he doesn't is not murder.
>>
UN in real life is a joke. Tony was wrong.
>>
>>82688298
Yeah murder involves intend.

Manslaughter/Homicide is also against the law.
>>
>>82688298
>killing civilians he doesn't
You're telling me that if I throw a grenade inside building then I'm not a murderer because I didn't see the people that were inside?
>>
Never trust a Stark.
>>
>>82688298
>>82688241

Murder = Intent

Manslaughter = Accidental
>>
>>82688336
Who the hell are you?
>>
>>82688323
and you can make the case that his intent to save lives far outweighs his accidental killing of others. See: Justifiable homicide

>>82688332
Two questions.
1. Are you throwing the grenade away from people, and it happens to land in an occupied building, or are you intentionally aiming the grenade into a known populated building?
2. Are you also suggesting that Wanda intended to throw crossbones into the building?
>>
>>82688216
>A cop in the same instance wouldn't face any sort of trial, he would probably just be put on leave for a bit. No chance of house arrest. Hell, a regular civilian probably wouldn't face charges at that stage.
What shithole of a country do you live in?
>>
>>82687742
He was wrong about being wrong
>>
>>82688363
>and you can make the case that his intent to save lives far outweighs his accidental killing of others.
You could.

you could also make the case that the cop wouldn't be good pr for race relations.
>remember this shit happenend in a different country
It wouldn't be good for international relations.
>one of them is literally wearing an american flag costume.

It is fucking insane that you think america should let these people run around unsupervised.
>>
>>82688363
1. Let's say that I didn't know the building was populated I just felt like throwing the grenade inside.
Technically I didn't intent to murder anyone.

2. Wanda saved those people in the marker (and Cap) but she's also responsible for killing Wakandians inside that building.
>>
>>82688363
This is getting a little more complicated because there is no reason wanda couldn't have just held him up even higher or just contained the explosion in a bubble. We saw her do more impressive shit later.
>>
>>82688339
There are technical situations, any deaths during the commission of a felony put the suspect in line for a murder charge, even if they weren't the one that killed the person.
Dunno how technical this conversation should get though, we don't really know much about the accords either, and Tony was kind of suggesting they could still mess with it to some degree, but they had to at least sign it and shit.
>>
You're telling me that you would be ok if a superpowered entity in real life could just roam around to where ever they want to do what ever they want without needing to at least check in with some governing body?

What happens if Hulk suddenly decides to wipe Hong Kong or Madrid from the face of the planet? They don't know where Bruce Banner is. The Avengers don't even have finding Banner on their to-do list apparently because Cap just shrugs Ross off.

It's ridiculous to just trust in some group of people, a group that can't even agree within itself, that has no obligation to even listen to the very people they protect
>>
>>82688047
>No, Hydra killed Stark's parents using Bucky's body (completely out of his control, no-less) as a vessel in which to do it
Eh, I'm not sure that's valid. HYDRA turned Bucky into a guy who killed Tony's parents. It wasn't even mind-control cosmic energy like Loki's staff. It was electric shocks and implanting of trigger words, and such, to make him compliant with their orders. So "it wasn't him" isn't quite valid. It was a version of him, and it was who he became, and it was clear in Civil War that that guy is still there.
>>
>>82688407
In your hypothetical situation you're a danger to the well-being of others, and committing acts of terror. In the cop hypothetical He's taking a grenade thrown by another, and throwing it away from people in his immediate area in an attempt to save them. Though it should be stated that it's more likely someone would jump on it than throw it.

As for your second part, you are correct. But in a fair court of law, would she be imprisoned, given all the surrounding circumstances?

>>82688402
America? Maybe. 117(177?) squabbling nations? No way.

>>82688449
>It's clear the guy is still there
Trapped inside a body being commanded by Zemo. It was established in Winter Soldier that they had to freeze him, or reset his brain after a certain time because Bucky would come back to.
>>
>>82688448
>What happens if Hulk suddenly decides to wipe Hong Kong or Madrid from the face of the planet?
That's a pretty glaring reason that they need responsible, trustworthy superheroes who can respond quickly, not unreliable ones who are just fine to keep operating as long as they do what a governing body says.
>>
>>82688344
Aw come on.
>>
>>82688462
>America? Maybe. 117(177?) squabbling nations? No way.
Okay and what should america do to appease the now pissed United Nations and that african country and probably most of its own populace after the guy dressed in their flag killed some black people in afrika?

Maybe some almost meaningless rules set up by the united nations for example.
Nah we can't have that. That would be literally hitler.
>>
>>82688468
>responsible, trustworthy superheroes
how do we know they are?

The Avengers weren't elected. They were hired as a taskforce by SHIELD, a government agency. Now that SHIELD is down, the Avengers don't exist.
>>
>>82688468
So our cops really aren't that great and we should have free working cops removed from the goverment?
Also PMCs would be better than standing armies for the same reason.
>>
>we should just believe in the Avengers to do the right thing
>The Avengers with Wanda on it
>Wanda "X the X-Gene" Maximoff
>>
>>82688462
>But in a fair court of law, would she be imprisoned, given all the surrounding circumstances?
Fair to whom?
I'm pretty sure people would want her to be imprisoned for killing their kin.
>>
>>82688468
Now, is your definition of "responsible, trustworthy superheroes" the same as mine? How about the hundreds of political ideals of the nations of the accord?

>>82688488
>meaningless rules
meaningless rules are a big deal in the global political landscape
>>
>>82688462
>or reset his brain after a certain time because Bucky would come back to
They had to keep wiping him to make sure the old memories didn't resurface, but old Bucky is kind of gone dude. He can reminisce with Steve about the good old days now, and maybe even rebuild a life for himself, but his fight in Bucharest shows the way he's changed.
>>
>>82688507
>meaningless rules are a big deal in the global political landscape
So is killing people in a different country.
>>
>>82688468
If the powered individual is avoiding arrest and trial for whatever reason, he is a menace to the public, you cant just "hope" he is a good guy, especially now that everyone in the government is aware that mind control is possible in so many ways
>lokis staff (mind stone)
>killgrave experiment
>inhumans like Hive
>>
>>82688491
>how do we know they are?
By past experience.
>>
>>82688514
You know what's bigger than inadvertently killing people in a foreign land? a terrorist cell creating and using a biological weapon on population centers.
>>
>>82688507
>How about the hundreds of political ideals of the nations of the accord?
do any of those ideals include "Let the Hulk rampage through my country?" If not, than you can shut up, because that's what I was talking about.
>>
>>82688519
The Avengers don't exactly have a clean record. Tony CREATED the Sokovia incident
>>
>>82688519
Read
>>82688516
>>
>>82688525
This is not a "bigger than" situation. It is not a zero-sum game.

Just like murder being worse than manslaughter does not mean that manslaughter is okay the reasons for something being done don't excuse the execution.
>>
>>82688531
That was on tony, and he should have faced trial for that, the rest however were on shield and shield is gone (to the public at least)
>>
>>82688531
So what would make you believe I meant Tony when I said "responsible heroes" then?
>>
>>82688550
Is Tony not on the Avengers?
>>
>>82688540
You can't make your case of a situation, but leave out crucial details. And there are more terms in one person killing another than murder and manslaughter.
>>
>>82688550
Tony does his best to cooperate with the government and make the masses trust him, because he is aware of how the world works, and having no military hunt him will give him freedome to do his best to help people
>>
>>82688546
>shield is gone
yeah, so who do the Avengers answer to now?

No one. And that is dangerous.
>>
>>82688564
Point is that SOMETHING would happen. At least a court case of some kind. People died. That usually comes with it.

You making the defense for it or justifying it does not mean it would just fly over and have no consequences.
That is retarded.

Nobody is saying they are necessary guilty. But something would have to change.
>>
>>82688573
I agree, they should be hired directly by interpol as a peace keeping agency
>>
>>82688573
I don't answer to the government, but I can still be tried and held responsible for any crimes I commit. What's preventing the UN from holding them accountable after they screw up on a case by case basis?
>>
>>82688516
>If the powered individual is avoiding arrest and trial for whatever reason, he is a menace to the public, you cant just "hope" he is a good guy, especially now that everyone in the government is aware that mind control is possible in so many ways
What are you arguing? This is EXACTLY why you need to put situations like Bucky in the hands of superheroes, and not send human kill-squads after them, to deal with the incident by saying "shoot on sight". It's a dangerous precedent to set, just killing a suspect because they're a superhuman. Another powered person, or at the very least, assisted by advanced technology like War Machine can diffuse the situation without loss of life, because hey're less likely to fear for theirs. That's why they needed a middle ground the Sokovia accords didn't provide.
>>
Why not just reform SHIELD
>>
Arguably with government oversight, they would remove Hulk from the Avengers and put him in protective custody or at least relocate him.

Hulk did that by himself, but that's not the same. What if Hulk didn't leave? The person responsible for death, DIRECTLY responsible (or Wanda if you want to make it like that) would still be walking around free.
>>
>>82688561
see
>>82688468
>That's a pretty glaring reason that they need responsible, trustworthy superheroes who can respond quickly
Never said "everyone on the Avengers team"
>>
Wanda basically got the same immunities that various high ranking Nazis got after WWII. She is considered a valuable enough asset to offset the bad she did
>>
>>82688597
They were allowed to kill Bucky on sight because he was on the run for murdering hundreds of people throughout history, surely if he gives in and surrenders noone is gonna shoot him, just like normal criminals, but the problem here was the arrest resist
>>
>>82688604
They have, its called ATCU and secretly answers to SHIELD by presidents decision
>>
>>82688589
Do you also go on missions?
>>
>>82688569
Tony had already proven the risks of granting him that kind of power already. I mean, I guess it's fine to have him if you're not actually going to let the capes DO anything of their own volition, but that doesn't solve problems. It's not flexible enough. You need to have people you can trust, and trust people that you have. If someone can't show they have enough judgement a superhero NEEDS TO HAVE to make the kind of decisions a superhero needs to make, and needs to be allowed to make, then they should not be enfolded into an overly restrictive system that gives their power to some governing body, they should be dismissed.
>>
>>82688609
If they don't follow the law then they are virtually indistinguishable from the super villains.

As long as they think they are right.
>>
>>82687742
So what would he and the world do once Thor refused to sign the treaty?
>>
>>82688672
shrug their shoulders because there's literally nothing they can do.
>>
>>82688637
>but the problem here was the arrest resist
That's exactly why you need to trust that to people who are more capable than an officer with a gun. The problem is that the world was starting to react with knee-jerk fear to powerful people, and restrict their power.
>>
>>82688672
Falcon could try to seduce thor.

They are a couple in the comics right?
>>
Cap was the Confederates in the War of Northern Aggression
>>
>>82688672
Wouldnt he be treated like an immigrant?
>>
>>82687974
They weren't really extreme, they were just both flawed. There is no clean solution for the issue they tried to solve.
>>
Wrong about the accords being compulsory. There was no reason they couldn't all decide to sign or not sign individually, which is I guess where the movie ended up anyway, basically.

Right about the need for oversight, but wrong in the sense that oversight would have changed the events of the movie's opening OR AoU in any meaningful way, assuming he'll allow the UN administration to oversee his personal projects or those of Stark Industries.

Also wrong in the sense that the events of TWS should have demonstrated that the worlds' governments are perfectly capable of creating possibly world-ending catastrophes on their own.

Wrong about killing Bucky, right that he needed to be pursued and captured.
>>
>>82688216
>But the accords don't even address that, when they run and are eventually brought in the heroes aren't treated as felons.

People under investigation are often told that they can't leave the state/country. Wanda was under investigation cause dozens died.

They didn't get thrown in the raft for breaking the accords alone. They aided and abetted a wanted international fugitive and blew up an airport doing so. That's illegal as fuck.

>>82688316
>UN in real life is a joke. Tony was wrong.

The UN in the marvel universe can get troops to Berlin and ready to breech a room as fast as Captain America can get there. That's no joke.
>>
>>82688906

I've heard people say Berlin for Vienna, and Berlin for Bucharest. Berlin was the airport.
>>
>>82688525
>You know what's bigger than inadvertently killing people in a foreign land? a terrorist cell creating and using a biological weapon on population centers.

And the avengers damn near deployed the biological agent themselves. This was after the took on armed mercenaries in one of those population centers.

>>82688597
>It's a dangerous precedent to set, just killing a suspect because they're a superhuman.

He's not only superhuman he has a body count in about the triple digits. 6 seconds in. Bucky killed cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

He's a dangerous felon, damn near unstoppable by mere humans. He can outrun cars. His hand can rend steel. He's a real deal menace to society. The precedent is that a man who brazenly kills people in the middle of the street and can't even be handcuffed pretty much deserves to be shot. Yeah, he might have been brainwashed. But once he came to his senses he refused to turn himself in.
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3MB, 640x266px
Rogers a shit , fucker should start appreciating the friends he made in the present time and move on from his past.
His life is a joke.
>>
>>82688672
>So what would he and the world do once Thor refused to sign the treaty?

People act like Earth can't do anything to people of Thor's caliber. I willing to bet that isn't so.
>>
>>82688981
>6 seconds in. Bucky killed cops.

Those cops don't matter more than anyone else who died. Just say he killed people. Who cares if they were cops or not?
>>
>>82688991
>refuses to sign treaty
>instantly nuked

Eh, I'd believe it
>>
File: tony-drunk.jpg (46KB, 431x341px) Image search: [Google]
tony-drunk.jpg
46KB, 431x341px
>>82688983
He only lost Buck for two years in his life because he was frozen. And he was childhood friends with Buckster. It's pretty reasonable.

Like tony, you're wrong.
>>
>>82688983
I believe he would have been more reasonable, had Peggy not just died as well.
>>
>>82689053
>I believe he would have been more reasonable

You mean let them kill Bucky? That's what you mean by reasonable?
>>
>>82688111
So you're trying to tell me if we were brothers and a guy was literally mind controlled to murder you with a gun you'd DEMAND that I go up to the clearly repentant guy who hates that he was FORCED into doing it and fucking blow his brains out?

How fucked up of a person can you be? Like honestly. It's one thing for you to go "Tony was very emotional and I can see why he attempted to harm Bucky even knowing the truth of his mind control" but to go "God I am happy I am not related to you seeing as you wouldn't want to kill the person being forced into killing me so you can AVENGE me".

Like honestly what the fuck?

>"Do it anon murder that pregnant woman who killed me after having a gun to her head she's 100% at fault here" says the psychopath ghost of brother anon
>>
>>82689009
>Those cops don't matter more than anyone else who died. Just say he killed people. Who cares if they were cops or not?

In a thread where everyone's arguing that it's awfully mean of the government to give "shoot on sight" orders, it bears mentioning that he has killed cops.

>>82689024
>Eh, I'd believe it

He might be bullet resistant but the Ultrons gave him a decent fight. That's basically Stark-tech. I bet there's a gun on Earth that'll put a hole in him large enough to store that hammer of his.
>>
>>82689104
>In a thread where everyone's arguing that it's awfully mean of the government to give "shoot on sight" orders, it bears mentioning that he has killed cops

No it doesn't. It means they'd be more likely to give a kill on sight order, sure, but does nothing to justify it.
>>
>>82688448
I think Steve Rogers should be the governing body other superheroes answer to
>>
>>82688981
The kind of things you're saying are the kind of things that sound reasonable at first, until people decide to simply apply them to slightly wider and wider circumstances. The precedent of "This person is a superhuman we think committed crimes, so we should take them out immediately" is knee-jerk and unnecessary when you have superhumans on your side who could be easily trusted to subdue the person. But I'd already mentioned that

It's like I'm saying things, and you're not listening at all. "He's dangerous. He's dangerous. He's dangerous" So what? So now we're just going to abandon the justice system for "dangerous" people? They don't need the protection of the laws anymore because they make governments scared? They have an out, they only used it as a last resort when Rhodey came in. Their first response was to kill him immediately.
>>
>>82689123
>I think Steve Rogers should be the governing body other superheroes answer to

That shit goes immediately to his head then he's all AvX and taking advice from Murderine.
>>
>>82688448
>They don't know where Bruce Banner is. The Avengers don't even have finding Banner on their to-do list apparently because Cap just shrugs Ross off.

Ross is the one who lost the Hulk in the first place. If anyone should be held accountable for keeping tabs on it, it's him. His "well, if I lost a nuke" bullshit is a total joke and just proves that "accountability" doesn't really mean anything to these people.
>>
>>82689149
>The precedent of "This person is a superhuman we think committed crimes, so we should take them out immediately

If the precedent is just murdered people in old blood on the street in broad daylight and plenty of witnesses I'm sure other superheroes would survive.

>"He's dangerous. He's dangerous. He's dangerous" So what?

Laffo.
>>
>>82688047

Even fucking Bucky says he's dangeroua and freezes his ass, Iron Man was righ
>>
>>82689157
Him being a hypocrite doesn't make him wrong. He might not be the best person to say it but he's not wrong.
>>
I'd like to see any of these guys tell the troops in whichever unit they were from that they're going to try to take in a super=powered assassin that kicked the shit out of Captain America alive.

"Whatever you do troops, don't shoot at this super human mass murderer. You probably wouldn't be able to hit him anyway since he's faster than a car. He has rights you know. I know that we didn't train you guys for non-lethal combat, but this guy kills every cop he sees. You'll find all the batons and pepper spray you can carry in the truck. Good luck!"

It would be quicker to just shoot the troops in the back at base.
>>
>>82689401
>Him being a hypocrite doesn't make him wrong.

Are we giving Ross shit for not being able to do what all the Avengers working together probably couldn't do? The Hulk is kind of unstoppable. Hell, Banner can't kill him either.
>>
>>82688111
fuck off norman osborn
>>
>>82689353
>If the precedent is just murdered people in old blood on the street in broad daylight
That doesn't mean anything. That is literally nonsense you just said. The "precedent" is set when you decide how you're going to respond to the situation, and the way they decided is "If we think this guy committed a crime, and he's an enhanced person who might kill people if we try to arrest him, the appropriate course of action is to kill on sight."
>>
>>82687742
Yeah, and that's a disappointment because Russos promised us a 50/50, they failed us on that point.
>>
>>82689478
they should turn around and arrest Ross for his treasonous orders
>>
>>82689495
This Hulk's not unstoppable. Tony was able to knock him out with his Hulkbuster mecha.
>>
>>82688336
Go home Pym, you're drunk.
>>
>>82689518
if they failed, you wouldn't have people defending him
>>
>there are people that would try to kill Bucky for what he was mind controlled into doing
Explain yourselves.
>>
>>82689517
>That doesn't mean anything. That is literally nonsense you just said.

Bucky literally murdered two people in the clip I linked earlier. He did it in the middle of the street. In broad daylight. The statement means something because it described exactly what Bucky did.

>>82689517
>The "precedent" is set when you decide how you're going to respond to the situation

And I said that the situation is a superpowered person killing people in the middle of a public street in broad daylight. Your slippery slope isn't all that slippery. There's a fuckload of gradient between a man gunning down people in the street and whatever you think the word precedent means.
>>
>>82689543
>Tony was able to knock him out with his Hulkbuster mecha.

When he was distracted and sad. Hulk being sad is like his kryptonite.
>>
>>82688013
On hand, Tony was wrong and him going nuts goes against everything he stood for but the same could be argued for Cap about this.

This was literally Steve's biggest blunder in the entire film. For all his insistence on transparency, truth, and the desire/call for justice throughout the film, he basically set himself up for Tony Stark to have an understandable reason to go berserk. It's like the entire final battle was set up to use either side's argument and have them blow up in each others faces.
>>
>>82689594
your rights end where my feelings begin
>>
>>82689594
>there are are people who can't grasp the concept of experiencing a fit of rage even if they saw a footage of Bucky brutally murdering their loved one/kin, especially when one of your buddies knowingly kept this from you the entire time

I mean he was wrong but come the fuck on.
>>
>>82689614
I thought Hulk being sad led to KLUH
>>
>>82689656
we're largely talking about Ross, not Tony
>>
>>82689656
If I was really so angry and I'm in fucking Iron Man armor I'd just go blow up unimportant shit until I calmed down, I wouldn't even think about attacking Bucky, because he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82689693
Ah fair enough, then yeah I agree.
>>
>>82689711
Not saying that Tony was right (he was definitely wrong), but his anger was understandable given the very specific circumstances of his situation and relationship with Steve.
>>
>>82689595
>whatever you think the word precedent means
precedent : something done or said that can be used as an example or rule to be followed in the future
Weber's definition.

I think you're fooling yourself if you think Ross getting away with exterminating Bucky by killing him outright, with no arrest effort wouldn't tell him that he has the justification to do the same in the future, if an enhanced individual is considered a threat.
>>
Anyone else find it almost irredeemably stupid that Cap would take Bucky with him into the secret lair where the man with the trigger words was hanging out? If Zemo had a loudspeaker or a megaphone he could have had them try to kill each other while he drank coffee.
>>
>>82689748
honestly the thought never crossed my mind until you mentioned it just now
>>
yes he was, but so was Cap

i think that's why this movie was so frustrating (but also so good) because Tony hadn't react the way he did when he wouldn't be full of guilt and Cap hadn't reacted the way he did when he wasn't so full of nostalgia

but let's be honest Tony will save the world in IW like he did in the first Avengers movie to balance his guilt out
>>
>>82689748
Why didn't Bucky just cover his ears
>>
>>82689748
...Damn. Maybe Cap's judgement really was skewed.
>>
>>82689748
whenever someone started saying the words, all I could think of was the 'words to reach heaven' from Stone Ocean
>>
>>82688009
What are you talking about? In their very first conversation about it he said they weren't perfect.
>>
>>82689748
yeah thats true, god i was so frustrated with Cap the whole movie
>>
File: Let's scream in his face.jpg (177KB, 1218x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Let's scream in his face.jpg
177KB, 1218x1332px
>>82689765
>but let's be honest Tony will save the world in IW like he did in the first Avengers movie to balance his guilt out
Maybe they both will. For all we know they might reenact a version of this scene
>>
>>82687742

But anon he was right

Cap was so wrong all he could see was Bucky's ass
>>
>>82689748
>If Zemo had a loudspeaker or a megaphone he could have had them try to kill each other while he drank coffee.
And ate bacon.
>>
>>82689740
>if an enhanced individual is considered a threat.

If the enhanced individual murders people in the middle of a public street, in broad daylight like Bucky did in front of god and everyone then maybe that's a precedent that's not going to get applied to other people. If it does, then my heart will not bleed for them.

The precedent isn't they're enhanced and dangerous, it's that they're obviously murderers, everyone saw them murder the shit out of people, and they're too much for cops and too much for troops to handle. After all, we saw what happens when cops get too close to Bucky. We also saw how well troops did against him.

The rule is as follows: if a guy murders the shit out of people in front of god and everybody and can't be stopped by cops or even conventional troops (or murders them like he does), then the gloves *have to* come off.

That's a far cry from your "they'll start murdering enhanced jaywalkers!"
>>
>>82689854
>The precedent isn't they're enhanced and dangerous, it's that they're obviously murderers, everyone saw them murder the shit out of people, and they're too much for cops and too much for troops to handle. After all, we saw what happens when cops get too close to Bucky. We also saw how well troops did against him.
Then why do you keep supporting their plan of sending german police after him?
>>
>>82689748
I mean all Bucky would need to do is cover his ears. He couldn't do so when restrained.
>>
I don't get why they don't just let cap do what he wants. He's a good guy so who cares about borders or accountability? If someone did good stuff in the past we should give them carte Blanche to do as they please and hope for the best. After all one time shield got infiltrated by hydra. So you can't trust the un and should allow unilateral intervention by whoever because we like them.
>>
>>82689559
Those people are Ironmanletfags, What do you expect?
>>
I love people claiming the accords are wrong because of ross' and Tony 's prior actions.
>psychopath stabs woman, is imprisoned and eventually released.
> later while walking down the street he sees a crime and calls for help
>cop runs up
>former killer goes "holy shit that guy over there is stabbing a child"
>cop almost arrests the child stabbed but stops
>"waiiiiit a minute. You once killed someone...nah I can't trust you're judgement on this. That man should be free to act as he sees fit"
>>
>>82688672
since Thor is part of the royal family of Asgard doesn't that technically give him diplomatic immunity
>>
>>82689153
Yeah but AvX was garbage
>>
>>82689959
>in the past
Times change. Modern folks have different sensibilities. We have less faith in human decency for one.
>>
What I don't get is Hawkeye isn't held responsible for Loki's mind control but bucky is?

Why didn't Steve bring that up? "Hey, Clint killed a bunch of people because of Loki, but we're cool with that but not this?"
>>
>>82688983
its kinda easy to understand Caps position in the film

>literally fought off nazis and mad scientists to prevent hydra from taking over, sacrificing himself in the process
>gets frozen and wakes up in the future
>the girl he loves is close to death
>his best friend has been turned into a weapon to assassinate people
>everything he fought for was for no real reason since hydra managed to win and take over shield
>now he meets a man who believes the avengers should sign the accords, which in fact is actually throwing away freedom by choosing security which described by arnim zola in the second captain america movie is the exact same shit hydra was pulling
>>
>>82690072
Clint didn't flee after regaining his own mind back. Also why do People think morality has shit to do with bringing Bucky in. He was dangerous. That's why they went in with lethal force. Being brainwashed doesn't mean he isn't a danger to everyone around him. In fact Bucky himself concedes he still is dangerous.
>>
>>82690097
they didnt want to bring him in

they wanted to kill him
>>
>>82690091
Except not being allowed t perform unsanctioned international military operations with deadly super beings without some oversight isn't...signing away your freedom.
>>
File: 1461612714308.gif (842KB, 1000x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1461612714308.gif
842KB, 1000x1482px
>>82688336
>>82688344
>>82688470

Tony was being a giANT douche in that scene.
>>
>>82690109
They were authorized to kill him. They preferred to capture him. Either way, the threat is removed.
>>
>>82690123
it is, because it means this oversight gets to pick and choose what missions the avengers should be for

and that could include doing something less important and when something more important is going on
>>
>>82690109
Yeah with good reason. This is a guy prisons don't hold well who has killed hundreds and as far as they know blew up a building. Brainwashed or no if you send in troops with kid gloves in you get dead troops.
>>
>>82690072
it's kinda bullshit that Hawkeye gets off for all the shit he did, Ironman gets off for all the weapons he gave to terrorists and such, Wanda got off for making the Hulk go on a rampage but Bucky doesn't get off for something he had no control over?
>>
>>82690145
Dude regular people can't jet to foreign nations and blow shit up acting as their own personal peace keepers with no accountability. There's no reason wearing a fucking costume should make that okay.
>>
did anyone else thought that the storyline was too dark for Tony, can he ever recover without trying to kill himself?
>>
>>82689895
>Then why do you keep supporting their plan of sending german police after him?

They might have had a better shot had not Captain cock-block been kicking them in the dick. They ran into 2 enhanced guys when they expected 1.

>>82689919
>I mean all Bucky would need to do is cover his ears.

Unless he was blocking them with a drill he'd still hear the words. Hell, if something's loud enough bone conduction carries the sound just as well.

>>82689959
>I don't get why they don't just let cap do what he wants.

Zemo impersonated Bucky well enough to start a huge manhunt. Next any old asshole can become Captain Ameribro and do whatever in the fuck.

>>82690020
>since Thor is part of the royal family of Asgard doesn't that technically give him diplomatic immunity

Diplomatic immunity is something given to countries you have diplomatic relations with. The only dimplomacy Asgard gave Earth was making America the place their boys can sow their wild oats.

>>82690109
>they didnt want to bring him in
>they wanted to kill him

They wanted to eliminate the threat. Once he was subdued they took him in alive. I'd like to see a bunch of non-powered people try to take assassin triggered Bucky in alive. Might as well feed those troops directly into a meat grinder.
>>
>>82690229
>did anyone else thought that the storyline was too dark for Tony, can he ever recover without trying to kill himself?

I'm sure Tony will console himself with his fast cars and faster women. He might just pull through.
>>
>>82690269
but that's not who he is anymore, he could easily done this instead of brooding about Pepper
>>
>>82687742
Am I wrong to think the whole accords thing was ridiculously easy to solve: Tony wanted to make sure they had the authority to go in when something happens, Steve doesn't want to risk being misused: so have a clause instated that the avengers can refuse to take an assignment they can't morally support! No possibility of abusing them, but when they have the go-ahead they have the UN in the back.

There I just solved the Sokovia accords
>>
>>82690294
>but that's not who he is anymore, he could easily done this instead of brooding about Pepper

When you're "on a break" that means other chicks are in play. Trust me, other dudes are in play over on her side of the break.
>>
>>82687742
Nah he was right. Cap fucked over so many people lives in this movie, not worthy of that shield at all.
>>
>>82690254
>Unless he was blocking them with a drill he'd still hear the words
Or headphones. Just blast some heavy metal and he won't hear shit.
>>
Right or Wrong, whether you like him or not, Tony is literally the best MCU character/hero/villain.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>82690302
Uh... then the accords basically don't fucking exist. It's like saying "the law is easy, just have a clause where if you break the law, you can just ignore it but if you're following the law, everything is fine"

What happens when a country doesn't want you interfering? Cap will definitely want to come and help but he has no jurisdiction.
>>
>>82690613
I won't deny that after Civil War, a lot of his buildup and development felt so worth it, and I felt like it's truly reached it's peak in this film.
>>
>>82687742
If this was a real-world issue, he'd be right.

But it's a cape comics issue, so he can't be right. If he really was right, almost all cape characters would be wrong.
>>
the avengers should've be shown doing something incompetent, then I would've been more split on the argument
>>
>>82691331
>something incompetent
>create a robot that deleted a city and almost destroyed the world
>>
>>82689814
He also said "The best hands are still our own".

He's literally saying that he knows best.
>>
>>82691364

>the avengers did that

>not just dickhead tony
>>
File: Justice Lords.jpg (78KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Lords.jpg
78KB, 500x308px
Tony was right for three reasons.

First, as Widow said, it's better for the Avengers to take this deal now and "keep one hand on the wheel", because if they refuse the governments of the world aren't just gonna go "Okay, just keep doing whatever you guys want". They're gonna come back with a much less favorable deal, and they won't be asking nicely.

The second was brought up in DD S2. If you start looking the other way or even cheering for one person ignoring the law and taking justice into their own hands, you're opening the floodgates for many more to do the same, and many or most of them are gonna be way more dangerous and/or untrustworthy.

And lastly, when the Avengers start challenging world leaders, they're on the fast track to becoming pic related.
>>
>>82691392
Wanda was just as responsible.

And unlike Tony, Wanda didn't have noble intentions.

Wanda also intentionally sent the Hulk to attack a city full of innocent people.
>>
>>82688022
What do you have to gain by taking away guns? Criminals will still have them.
>>
>>82688111
You're a piece of shit. You'd wanna force your family member to kill an innocent man just because something out of either of your control happened to you. Let me guess, you're a white woman?
>>
>>82691392
bruce banner helped too
>>
>>82688791
Yes there was. Sign the accords, hash out the details later when everyone is on board.
>>
>>82691385
>He knows best.

I think he meant WE know best.
>>
>>82691845
That's the same problem.
>>
Do you think Tony was aware of the pym particles?
>>
>>82689594
>be depressed man with trauma over your parents untimely deaths in a time where everything is going wrong.
>see footage of a guy in the room with you beating your father to death while your mother cries and then he breaks your mother's neck.
>not loosing your shit
>>
>>82691774
Signing the accords ends any hashing out. It's agreeing to all it's terms, no further negotiations involved.
>>
>>82688109

>Stark's Child Soldiersâ„¢

Bet he can put that on a lunch box.
>>
>>82688416
Here's a clue: Her powers are connected to her emotions.
>>
File: 3871621-8396111159-iron%25[1].jpg (902KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
3871621-8396111159-iron%25[1].jpg
902KB, 800x1214px
>>82688672

Come up with a reason to not force him to sign it.
>>
>>82690613
Most of it is thanks to RDJ talent, but yeah, I'll agree on that. It's a shame that he has only one good movie though
>>
>>82692026
If he was he didn't seem all that interested.
>>
>>82692232
Except Tony literally tells him that they'll work out details after the signing. The actual signing is just a PR move.
>>
>>82690142

Uh no. They were authorized to kill him. They really wanted to kill him. They only took him alive when 4 other heroes got involved and complicated the situation.

Ross was lamenting that Cap showed up and stopped them from killing him. He wanted to make an example of Bucky for the new Accords way of doing things and pacify the people upset about the UN by using him as a scapegoat.
>>
>>82693154
>Signing something before it's finalized

I wouldn't sign a contract to play with the Dallas Cowboys on the grounds that the "kinks will be worked out" after the fact
>>
>>82691491
>And lastly, when the Avengers start challenging world leaders, they're on the fast track to becoming pic related.

But they don't challenge world leaders. They're not busting into North Korea or attacking China or getting involve in global politics in any way whatsoever. They didn't get involved in the US battle against the Mandarin either aside from Tony who was only involved because they attacked his house.

They just go around fighting supervillains and Hydra holdouts. That's it.

All this Avengers need to be put in check because otherwise they'll take over the world is ridiculous because they never show any hints of remotely being interested in caring about any of that.
>>
>>82688991

Maybe they could possibly take down Thor if they threw enough super tech at him, but in a war against Asgard (which this would certainly trigger) Earth would lose whole handledly given that even an average Asgardian like the mason from AoS are far superior to humans, they have superior tech, superior forces and most of the 9 realms would back Asgard and not Earth.

Hell all they need to do is unfocus the Bifrost and goodbye Earth.
>>
>>82693369
>But they don't challenge world leaders.
If the rest of the Avengers followed Cap's lead, the team would be at odds with the world's governments, who aren't just gonna sit back and let the Avengers keep directly violating their laws. You're gonna get a war between them, and if Wanda, Vision, Hulk and Thor were all on the same side, they'd be unstoppable.

Superman didn't show any intention of taking over the world in the Justice Lords verse until a world leader did something evil enough to justify taking him out. It's absolutely plausible for Cap to head down that route.
>>
>>82693369
>All this Avengers need to be put in check because otherwise they'll take over the world is ridiculous because they never show any hints of remotely being interested in caring about any of that.
Neither did SHIELD.
>>
>>82688009
Did people forget Cap's whole experience in Winter Soldier? It makes sense that he's paranoid of the government now. His experiences compromised his judgment.
>>
File: 1462533900686.png (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1462533900686.png
2MB, 1280x1280px
>all these people debating which side was right without coming to a clear solution
>>
>>82694527
Is there a Batman v Superman version?
>>
>>82691507
Why the fuck does everyone pretend this didn't happen?
>>
>>82694889
Because Ultron is a bad movie and doesn't make any sense when you think about it critically.
>>
>>82694527
>coming to a clear solution
A register that anyone with super powers must be on, would include some stuff like medical data. It wouldn't be made public

This does not force them to be a hero but if they wish to they must enrol in a program to make sure they are properly trained and it keeps an eye on their activity. This basically turns being a hero into a real job which would include a pay check
>>
>>82694889
Because CW literally turned her into waifu material.
>>
File: cap wall.jpg (658KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cap wall.jpg
658KB, 2560x1600px
Conservatives side with Captain America, liberals side with Iron man. Unrestricted freedom even if it can cause damage, or supervision and restrictions even if they impair genuine good.
>>
>>82695055
I'm liberal and I side with Cap
>>
>>82694889
the only one on cap's side that aren't dicks are falcon and bucky

not to mention hawkeye went full retard during CW when it was shown that he was the most level headed of the group. sure comics hawkeye is a dick but MCU hawkeye actually taunting tony about rhodey being paralyzed? uncharacteristic as fuck.
>>
>>82695032
The Accords were that without the watchlist.
>>
>>82695102
What about Scott?
>>
>>82687742
He wanted super-powered humans to be kept in check and for a mass-murderer to be brought to justice. No, he was not wrong.
>>
>>82695125
Not really, the accords made them an army which you are forced into and have to go on missions around the world

My idea is more because having super powers is something that should be registered for a number of reasons, and if you want to do heroing then you need real training and are basically a super police man
>>
>>82695148
Scott's view is solely from what Pym told him and because he was starstruck by Cap. If anything I feel bad for him since he's not getting the full picture. Same deal with Spidey, Actually I'm interested in how Tony explained the Accords to Spidey.
>>
FOR FREEDOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6x-BFgfF8
>>
>>82695205
You're not forced to work for the UN under the Accords. You just aren't allowed to fight crime outside legal channels.
>>
>>82695260
>Actually I'm interested in how Tony explained the Accords to Spidey.
"Kid, with great power, comes great responsibility."
>>
File: 1435538687655.png (225KB, 266x334px) Image search: [Google]
1435538687655.png
225KB, 266x334px
>>82688983
>>
>>82695406
Parker did kind of told him that. Not the exact words but when Parker tells him why he does what he does, it pretty much strengthened Tony's resolve that he needs to do the things he's doing.
>>
>>82695348
Cap theme >>>> IM theme
>>
>>82695499
But with the accords Peter can't operate with freedom to help people in NYC. Taking into account that JJJ smears his name, the UN would definitely not want a super-powered minor doing what he does without permission. So when there's a building fire on Broadway, Peter needs to wait for UN authorization to rescue trapped people. That's what unecessary bureaucracy does, stop important things from happening.
>>
>>82695728
Which is why I'm interested to see how Parker justifies siding with Accords despite all the compromises he has to do.
>>
>>82695804
>>82695728
Were the accords for ALL super powered people, or just the avengers?
>>
>>82695804
Maybe he'll come to his senses and side with Cap. Not that it matters, when Thanos comes knocking I don't think people are going to give a shit about the accords.
>>
>>82695804
They just needed RDJ to get in a relationship with marvel's most profitable hero since his first 5 mins of existence in this universe
>>
>>82694889
Because the writers waifu her and think it would be cruel to make her suffer.
>>
>>82687993
>he was more wronger than cap!
>>
>>82691507
>And unlike Tony, Wanda didn't have noble intentions
She straight up says she thought they were saving the world
>Wanda also intentionally sent the Hulk to attack a city full of innocent people
And again, how did she knew Hulk would react differently to her mind fucking and go on a rampage?
>>
File: this.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>82693154
>>
>>82689401
He may not be wrong that someone should be accountable but he's sure as hell wrong that the accords will bring accountability. All that's going to happen is Ross will be making all the decisions instead of the Avengers themselves. And if anything he's less accountable than they are.
>>
>>82689595
The DC snipers killed people in broad daylight and that still didn't authorize shoot on sight. You're talking out your ass. Literally no first world police forces are authorized to that, ever.

It doesn't matter if the suspect is dangerous, deadly force is still only to be used when it's the only option.
>>
>>82689543
Only because Hulk got sad and gave up.
>>
I really look forward to all this crap stopping.

I also look forward to the accords being proven a mistake when some corrupt officials send the Avengers to attack innocent people.
>>
>>82696609
Thankfully this is the MCU and the writers aren't as big a hack as those that do comics.
>>
>>82696670
They already did in The Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82696609
Well the Avengers weren't allowed to go after a very real suspect in the movie, so that's one of Cap's concerns already come true.

Speaking of which, how did they explain Zemo to the authorities? Black Panther brought him in, but how does he explain how he knew where Zemo was, without ratting out Iron Man? Was Black Panther even allowed to bring Zemo in under the Accords?
>>
>>82696748
Black Panther is a king, they can't make him do anything.
>>
>>82696748

A) He's not an avenger. B) He's a king. C) Stark already uncovered the evidence that Zemo was behind the bombing, not much explaining needed.
>>
>>82696904
>
>He's not an avenger.

If you're not an Avenger you get to do what you want? Why is Ant-Man in jail?

>Stark already uncovered the evidence that Zemo was behind the bombing, not much explaining needed.

Evidence the authorities ignored and forbid him from acting on

I think the king thing is the only part that matters
>>
>>82697002
>If you're not an Avenger you get to do what you want?

You asked, "Was Black Panther even allowed to bring Zemo in under the Accords"? No, the accords have shit to do with him. Why does it suddenly jump to "doing whatever you want?

>Evidence the authorities ignored and forbid him from acting on

Prohibiting someone from going rading another country to look for a criminal and putting him in prison when he's delivered to your doorstep are kinda different caliber things.

I mean, aren't you just a little embarrassed to be so stupid?
>>
>>82688009
>Caps whole point about how regulations come from people with agendas and biases was crazy hypocritical and basically implies he, a guy from a different time, is perfect.
That wasn't what he implied at all.
His point was what he had said that it was both inefficient and irresponsible for them to place the responsibility of their actions into anyone elses hands.
>>
>>82697117
> No, the accords have shit to do with him

He's a masked vigilante; even if he never signed the Accords still forbid him from acting. Unless Ant-Man is still allowed to act as a vigilante as well since the accords have nothing to do with him.

> Why does it suddenly jump to "doing whatever you want?

That's the argument everyone uses against Cap so it should apply when Black Panther does the same things Cap does.

> Prohibiting someone from going rading another country to look for a criminal and putting him in prison when he's delivered to your doorstep are kinda different caliber things.

Assuming they actually thought Zemo was a suspect. Remember they never even looked at the evidence. To them Zemo was nust some random guy Panther grabbed.
>>
Lot of freedom haters in this thread. This is the kind of thinking that got spoons banned in the UK
>>
Of course he was wrong. Tony is almost always wrong. That's his lot in life, making decisions based on good intetions and fucking everything up in the process.

What bothers me is how everything could probably have been prevented if Cap had bothered to tell him about his parents AND if anyone from his team(or his girlfriend), had taken Tony's mental and emotional issues seriously and gotten him some professional help.
>>
>>82697611

>What bothers me is how everything could probably have been prevented if Cap had bothered to tell him about his parents AND if anyone from his team(or his girlfriend), had taken Tony's mental and emotional issues seriously and gotten him some professional help.

How would that have stopped Zemo or the police being ordered to kill Bucky? Remember without those two things Cap would just sign or retire
>>
Why was Tony hatin on my nigga Sam when it was Vision who shot down Rhodey?
>>
>>82697689
he's a child

Foreshadowing his tantrum at the end
>>
>>82697651
If Tony hadn't been so fucked up and PTSD spooked he wouldn't have considered Ultron - thus Sokovia wouldn't have happened = no sokovia accords. Bucky would still be a fugitive, but i find it unlikely Tony would try to kill him if he already had the knowledge of how his parents died instead of it being revealed to him in the manner it was in CW: They would all be working together to help Bucky instead.
>>
>>82697806
>thus Sokovia wouldn't have happened = no sokovia accords

Well, without Sokovia there's really no case anyone can make that the Avengers cause even a tiny fraction of the damage they prevent. I guess.
>>
>>82697892
Sure there is, but Tony's only reason for accepting the accords/government control was out of Ultron guilt. The team wouldn't be divided, Tony wouldn't go full retard and hand power over to someone like Ross because he felt bad he indirectly killed some kid.
>>
>>82697892
Changing goal posts.
>How would that have stopped Zemo?

No Sokovia, no Zemo. Sokovia was the straw that broke the camel's back, added with Wanda's fuckup.
>>
>>82698013

>Sure there is

When? Every other case a lot more people would be fucked without them.
>>
>the government/UN knows what's best for you
lol. no.
>>
>>82698013
So it's Wanda's fault, really. But Wanda is Tony's fault. And Tony is Howard's fault. And Cap influenced Howard so it's really Cap's fault.
>>
>>82698092
Doesn't mean people still wouldn't demand some sort of control or for them to be held accountable for mistakes.
>>
>>82698111
CAP WAS WRONG!
>>
>>82698152
A lot less people would and those demands would seem a lot less reasonable
>>
>>82688448
What happens? Nothing, Hulk telling you he will obey you is a guarantee of nothing because YOU CAN'T DO A SINGLE THING AGAINST HIM YOU FUCKING MORON.

How is he joining the UN suddenly gonna stop him from deciding to destroy Hong Kong? Does he magiclly become bound by his word?
Are you fucking braindead?
>>
>>82698092
If Cap and Tony had listened to Thor and let him take Loki to Asgard in the start of Avengers like he demanded, there wouldn't have been an alien invasion.
>>
>>82698275
He never demanded that, and Loki already had guys building the portal before Thor showed up.

Thor was after the cube, just like everyone else was. He wasn't leaving before he found it.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (8KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
8KB, 278x182px
>>82694527
One may say that the Russo brothers manged to create a community
>>
>>82688501
>Wanda "Wandazilla, straight killa" Maximoff
>>
>>82688501
>X-Men existed in this universe but she erased them from ever having existed
>>
>>82692332
>muh Tony blackmailed Peter into being his child soldier and that makes him literally satan

Peter's age was a problem to absolutely NO one in the movie. Cap was even impressed by Spiderlinger.
>>
Too many people are missing the point. The Sokovia accords in their own right are flawed, for the exact purposes that Cap mentions. They might aswell be working for North Korea or some other dictatorship, and might be prevented from saving innocent lives because 117 countries need to have an extensive conversation about whether or not they should go.

Starks' parents being killed by Bucky is an unrelated event to the Sokovia accords. It doesn't make Stark right, nor does it make Cap wrong. It's Hydra which took control of Bucky, and yes, everyone in their right mind would react the way Tony did. But that isn't related to the Sokovia accord in any way.

Yes, superheroes are dangerous. But they prevent alot more dangerous people from doing extremely more dangerous things. Therefor the "lesser evil" analogy is definitely in its' place here.

Again, Bucky is not related to the Sokovia accords. The fact that Cap decides to take his side is simply friendship. If he had explained that Hydra was in charge of killing his parents, using Bucky as a weapon (which he still was, i.e. the bombing where T'Challa's dad was killed) and that he was still able to be brainwashed, they could have worked together to take out the brainwashing aspect out of Bucky and would have had room (in movie aspect) to have Steve killed and Bucky taking up the mantle.

Instead, they had to make room to get a 2vs1 fight BvS style. Which was in Siberia and in the middle of nowhere. Yet Black Panther made it there which, again, made no sense.
>>
File: busey-460_1014998a.jpg (23KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
busey-460_1014998a.jpg
23KB, 460x288px
>>82695414
>>
>>82698532
>Peter's age was a problem to absolutely NO one in the movie.

Because no one knew his age. War Machine was obviously concerned just because he thought he seemed young.
>>
>>82698541
>(which he still was, i.e. the bombing where T'Challa's dad was killed)

Zemo did the bombing

> Yet Black Panther made it there which, again, made no sense.

He followed Iron Man there
>>
>>82695822
The Accords had nothing to do with superpowers. It was purely about vigilantes.
>>
>>82695728
Rescuing people from a burning building isn't illegal. The Accords doesn't make new things illegal - It's the law saying "we're not gonna keep looking the other way when you break the law, unless you comply with X rules".
>>
>>82697689
Why did Vision randomly try to kill Sam?
>>
>>82696328
>And again, how did she knew Hulk would react differently to her mind fucking and go on a rampage?
Dude, watch the movie. She clearly knows what she's doing when she sees Bruce.
>>
>>82698810
He saw Wanda was sad and he knows killing black people always cheers her up
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 512x288px
>>82698541
>Working in accordance with governments from 117 countries is the same as serving an evil dictactor
>>
File: spiderbutt.gif (206KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
spiderbutt.gif
206KB, 500x374px
>>82698632
That voice clearly didn't belong to anyone over 20. War Machine just seemed confused/weirded out over how OP Spidey was.
>This nigga shows up out of nowhere and begins beating everyone up while quipping
>sounds like a 15 year old
>>
I saw the movie last night. My general thoughts on it

>Tony would have been right if they had made the accords more fleshed out, Cap was right in wanting certain contingencies, but these were never stated--ruining the point of this little element.
>The airport fight, despite how cool it was, shouldn't have happened. It proved Tony's point (they need to be regulated, see how it was only the avengers and no actual bad guys who destroy the airport?)
>GiANT Man was retardedly executed
>The whole bit with Wanda, Vision, and Hawkeye was stupid, and the wanda being put on "house arrest" was poorly executed.
>Hawkeye didn't belong on Cap's side or even in the movie. BW was also assigned to the wrong team.
>The bucky & cap v iron man fight at the end was the only fight in the film that felt justified (excluding the black panther bits). But I felt like they made Cap way too OP and Iron Man way to UP.
>That whole final bit with zeemo and bringing them to siberia felt rushed as fuck.
>Spiderman was the high point of the movie. I might get some hate, but I still like the idea of spiderman having the spinnerets incorporated into his actual body. Especially in the MCU, despite it not being "comic book accurate"
>>
>>82698898
How many heads of state aren't evil dictators? Like 5?
>>
>>82698913
>War Machine just seemed confused/weirded out over how OP Spidey was.

He asked "how old is this kid?" in response to the Star Wars thing and Tony intentionally avoids giving him a number.
>>
>>82698931
>Hawkeye had no rwason to be there
>but Spider-Man did

you fucking kidding?

>BW was also assigned to the wrong team.

She was on the right team. She was more useful to Cap as a double agent than if she just fought Iron Man head-on.
>>
>>82699082
>Double agent
Fuck, I forgot about that part.

I gave spidey leeway because Stark pulled him in and young kid wants to hang with the big boys and such. They made such a big deal about Hawkeye's family at the end of AoU that to think that he would be pulled into their argument (on Cap's side, no less) was stupid.
>>
>>82698103
>Because a bunch of mutated people knows

You're full of shit
>>
>>82699000
Oh yeah, you're right. It still came off to me that the reason he asked was because had a hard time believing a kid going toe to toe with Cap's team. So when Peter threw out that line he realized Spidey had to be really young.

It just wasn't presented as a big deal in the movie, so I find it kind of a stupid point to bring up to show how diabolical Tony is. Peter chose to jump into the action himself, Tony told him to stay on the sidelines.
>>
>>82693154
>signing something under the promise that it will be made to be less shitty later on

full retard
>>
>>82699156
Only like 4 people in the world even know he has a house. He's fine unless Tony's an even bigger chode than we think he is and tells Ross where he lives.
>>
>>82699082
>>82699156

She wasn't really a double agent, she just chose to help Cap at the end
>>
>>82687742

Did the reasons for the un controlling avengers and tony supporting them even make sense?

>tony saved new york from being nuke
>tony made ultron and almost destroy sokovia

And do the public even know he made ultron? If they don't then the avengers just saved sokovia and by defult the earth. And saved new york and by defult the earth.

I mean the un run avengers would just fail as soon as a potentially world ending enemy came up, they can't even stop a civil war, how would they stop the end of the world through debating the appropriate action? And lets not forget that without tony new york would have been nuked by practically the same people who would be controlling un avengers.

I mean not only is tony wrong but why is he even supporting it?
>>
>>82699211
>It just wasn't presented as a big deal in the movie,

Might I redirect you to

>>82699000
> Tony intentionally avoids giving him a number.

If it wasn't a big deal why couldn't Tony tell Rhodey he was 15?
>>
>>82699218
Not like it worked out for him later when he went to Ross with the evidence Bucky was framed. He got told off and backed down like a little bitch, then decided 'fuck the accords' anyways and went to Siberia.
>>
>>82699222
No, I'm not getting at other people finding out about his family.

I'm talking about how he could have (and probably should have if the folks at Disney weren't a bunch of pussies) been killed in the airport scene. They were all shooting live ammunition and heavy objects at each other.

I don't know about you, but a loose argument from both sides is not worth raising my kids without a dad.
>>
>>82690130
BEEP BEEP MEME CREEP
>>
>>82699233
Nah think about it. What were her reasons for signing?

>it's the path of least resistance
>all that matters is we stay together

And then after she betrays them she shows literally no signs of being bothered by the prospect of going off alone, as a fugitive. If her reasons were genuine she would have cared about that. She just said all that shit so no one would question her being on Stark's side.
>>
>>82698841
she says she'll get banner too
is that suppose to imply she's setting him off to destroy a city?
>>
>>82699273
Because Rhodey is a straight stick in the mud and would start nagging him about it. Cap obviously recognized him as being just a kid, but didn't mind, he actually seemed to commend Peter being Spiderman.
>>
>>82699264
Tony thinks that someone else being put in charge of the team would clear his conscience of their mistakes and collateral damage. "It's not my fault that kid died, It's the UN's fault for (not) sending me there. No control means nothing to regret"
>>
>>82699319
> I'm talking about how he could have (and probably should have if the folks at Disney weren't a bunch of pussies) been killed in the airport scene

He could have been killed in any of his missions.

> a loose argument from both sides is not worth raising my kids without a dad

The airport fight wasn't over the accords; it was over going to catch the guy who bombed the UN when no one else would. Its purpose was just as important as many of the missions he went on before.
>>
>>82699368
>Cap obviously recognized him as being just a kid

Young yes, but 15? Quite an assumtion to make.
>>
>>82699264
>And do the public even know he made ultron?
There was newspapers in the start of the movie, one of them with a picture of Tony next to some text alluding to Ultron and Sokovia. 'Stark responsible for killer AI/Sokovia' or something like that. So everyone knows he did it.

It's why the black mom directly blames Tony for the death of her son. He supports it out of guilt and because he knows he can't be trusted with the power to do whatever he wants.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 850x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 850x541px
I came for the Capt vs Stark conflict but Panther stole the show for me, I can't wait for his movie.
>>
>>82699472
Voice sounds like a 12-year old though.
>>
>>82699264
The argument that brought the accord was stupid either way. There will always be causalities, regardless of who's behind it. The thing is that the avengers where crossing international borders and leaving the costs for a single government to pay. Tony was just guilty tripped into it but in a sense, the accords where right. The UN is an idealistic project that would be awesome if implemented right. Only it isn't.

Honestly now that I think about it both sides of the party weren't exactly right, though I only get Tony's argument a little better, even if moved by guilt. Cap argument was pretentious in his reasons to not sign the papers but I don't blame him for helping his friend. Everyone would do the same.
>>
>>82687742
Why didn't Captain American ever bring up the fact that until very recently Hydra controlled a lot of the United States government as well as a lot of foreign governments?
I mean, that would be a very fair reason to not be super open to UN oversight--those dudes could easily by Hydra. He just says that they're 'people with agendas,' but he could have reasonably pulled 'they might be Nazis' card
>>
>>82699520
How does his suit work? Is that a helmet or a hood? Shouldn't vibrainum be heavy since it could stop bullets?
>>
>>82699532
>and leaving the costs for a single government to pay.

Hard to say for sure but in South Africa Tony bought the building he destroyed. It's not a stretch to think maybe he pays for other damage as well.

And in Lagos Cap told the team to go into the blown up building and help find survivors. They weren't leaving anyone high and dry.
>>
>>82699590
vibranium ignores the laws of physics
>>
>>82699531
So do some people in their 20s.

Besides Cap was on the other team; it's not like he can do much about who Stark recruits.
>>
>>82696328
If she didn't want him to rampage through a city to kill Tony, she certainly didn't care about them as collateral damage.
>>
>>82698167
I FUCKING KNEW IT
>>
>>82699365
Look at how excited she is to see Banner. Way, WAY more than the other Avengers, and she has no personal grude against him. The look on her face conveys planning on causing exactly what she did.
>>
>>82699561
I keep having to being this up, but that whole thing goes the other way too: Giving the Avengers the power to act unilaterally and break any laws they deem necessary to protect the world is repeating the same mistake the world did with SHIELD.
>>
>>82699590
It's a helmet. He takes it off at several points.

Something doesn't need to be heavy to be strong.
>>
>>82688135
Richards, pls.
>>
>>82701790
>and break any laws they deem necessary to protect the world

No one ever argued for that. For example: One might say that issuing a kill-on-sight order is going to far. Well, the Avengers never did that but the authorities did.

One might say that refusing to give someone a lawyer once captured is goong to far. Well, we know Cap promised to tell the authorities Strucker came quietly, I'm sure he was willing to let him have counsel.

Give me an example of the Avengers going farther than the governments would and then we can talk about "doing whatever they please" So far they show the most restraint.
>>
>>82688589
The Avengers commit crimes on every single mission they do. The Accords is the governments of the world saying "We'll let these crimes slide IF you follow these rules".
>>
Can Vibranium beat Mithril?
>>
>>82701931
Entering a sovereign country without permission, to attack people they have no authorization to, causing collateral damage to civilians and property in the process.

Oh, and accidentally blowing up an entire country.
>>
>>82693154
Holy shit do you actually believe that's how it works? I bet you believe the government actually has your best interest at heart and can be trusted.
>>
File: 163468.png (21KB, 100x238px) Image search: [Google]
163468.png
21KB, 100x238px
>>82701980
Mithril is only level 20 so vibranium is probably 75 or 80
>>
what authority does the UN have to control a bunch of WMDs? how would you feel if the UN had their own army and nukes? remember, first-world democracies are outnumbered by banana republics and micronations. even just the UN security council currently includes such beacons of stability and freedom as angola, egypt, russia, china and france. do you want these people to have a hulk?
>>
>>82702061
>Entering a sovereign country without permission,

Governments do that all the time

>to attack people they have no authorization to,

and this

>causing collateral damage to civilians and property in the process.

and this

>Oh, and accidentally blowing up an entire country.

Well, I guess the difference here is the Avengers do it accidentally.
>>
>>82702113
Because it's the closest thing to a world government.

I wouldn't care about the UN having nukes more or less than any country having them. And unlike nukes, superheroes can ultimately refuse unethical deployment.

Also, developed nations overwhelmingly have the most sway in the UN.
>>
>>82702140
>Well, I guess the difference here is the Avengers do it accidentally.
Name one instance of an entire country being literally destroyed.
>>
>>82702265
when does that happen in the MCU?
>>
Who's going to pay for the damage Capvengers will do without Tony?
>>
>>82702354
AoU

But to he fair, it was a city-state.
>>
>>82702382
>tfw Tony literally pays for most if not all the Avenging they do

It's no wonder he wanted some limitations.
>>
>>82702265
Put this into perspective, Sokovia was just one city. US nuked two cities in Japan and wasn't even nice enough to evacuate as many people as they could first.

Also remember, if they didn't blow it up, the entire world was fucked. Yeah, I know--Ultron was their fault. But Ultron wasn't a show of force by the Avengers; he was a rogue AI. Draft some legislation restricting AI research. AI research gone wrong is what destroyed Sokovia. Unilateral, unsanctioned attacks on foreign soil is the only reason any people even made it out of there.
>>
>>82702382
>Panther gets Cap and iron Man to make up because he's tired of paying for their shit
>>
>>82702489
He was probably secretly rejoicing that Hulk and Thor are away until he got stuck with Wanda. Seriously it wasn't enough for Wanda to disable Vision, she had to wreck 10 floors along the way.
>>
>>82702543
>Wakandans demand free elections to get rid off Panther blowing the country's economy paying for damages
kek
>>
>>82701931
>>82702140
So is everything governments can do okay? Would killing Kim Jong-Un be okay?

Who gave the Avengers the authority to act like an official government? They were never elected. Can anyone with enough power just declare that they know what's right and start trampling over laws to realize it?
>>
>>82687974
Cap was 100% right though.
>>
>>82702928
>So is everything governments can do okay?

No. The Avengers have never started a fight. The Avengers have never bombed a hospital or a school or a wedding because they thought a suspect was there. The Avengers have never redrawn borders and created a new nation because the Bible told them they should. I'm not saying they should have the authority to do everything governments do. I'm saying they don't do everything governments do. They crossed over some imaginary lines that people pretend exist on the ground. Big fucking deal.

> Can anyone with enough power just declare that they know what's right

They never declared they know what's right. They literally only go after murderers. I mean, do you seriously want to object and submit your vote that murder is ok and the Avengers are wrong about that?
>>
>>82687993
Libtard pls
>>
>>82704489
How is he a libtard? Stark was advocating for the governments of the world controlling the actions of superheroes. Cap told them to fuck off. Saying Stark was wrong is anything but liberal.
>>
>>82688111
Why would you want to kill someone who was brainwashed and forced to do things against their will? You're an idiot, Tony.
>>
Cap was acting just accordingly to the Bush doctrine. He deemed the avengers as the world's most capable force and choose to take matters at hands. He was stupid, arrogant and pretentious. I'm not even defending Tony, he was emotionally unstable in the entire movie and just wanted to take responsibility off his back. But still, he was on the right side.
>>
>>82703833
Sam pls
>>
>>82704769
He still commit those crimes.

We don't let terrorists off the hock because they were brain washed.

Fuck off cap
>>
File: captain murica.jpg (10KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
captain murica.jpg
10KB, 306x165px
>dey trynna take muh freedumbz
>dey trynna take muh stucky
>dey trynna stop me killin turrists n alienz n sheit
>>
>>82687742
We know
>>
Cap was absolutely right.

Hence why they had to make Tony seem even a bit right for a good part of the film, and later still have his reason for fighting Cap go from the Sokovia accords to simply Bucky doing a shitty thing in the past.

>Kill 2,3,400 innocent people
>While actively saving many more - including the whole world, in some sense
It's worth it, really.
>>
>>82705009
>It's worth it, really.
Cap would be ashamed of you.
>>
>>82705009
I'm sure a lot of fascists used the same argument.
>>
File: 1386359120814.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1386359120814.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>82704984
I don't know why this made me laugh so much.
>>
>>82705281
Yes, and? The best should be done for the most amount of people.

Should the Avengers have stayed out of NYC? Or let Ultron do his thing and crash a city into the planet?

>>82705261
I didn't say those people didn't matter, just that their deaths were ultimately unintended and still allowed the greater good to be done.
>>
File: oh fuck stop that.jpg (26KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck stop that.jpg
26KB, 429x410px
>There are people RIGHT NOW who trust government agencies, agendas, and bureaucracy as a whole to do what's best for the people.

Not even an anarchist, but there's no government - and especially not the laughable, dickless UN - who wouldn't just muck up the Avenger's attempts at saving lives through either slow and clunky bureaucracy or shadowy agenda and political dick measuring contests.
>>
>>82699368
>Because Rhodey is a straight stick in the mud and would start nagging him about it.
So because it would be an issue then?
>>
>Tony creates ultron
>He can't trust himself anymore
>Instead of just turning himself in or retiring (taking personal responsibility), he projects his own guilt and fears onto the other members of the Avengers

>Bucky does horrible shit because he can be brainwashed
>he can't trust himself
>so he does the logical thing and requests to be frozen again until they find a way to fix him

Manlets, when will they grow up?
>>
The only thing i got from this movie is that Tony wants everyone to follow the law but only he is allowed to break it
>>
>>82709316
>Manlets, when will they grow up?
They would if their parents lived long enough to raise them properly.
>>
>>82709463
More like
>Tony wants everyone to follow the law
>everyone else breaks the law because "muh freedom"
>so he joins along and breaks it because he realized he was wrong
>>
More people would've died if the Avengers sided with Stark.
>>
>>82690189
They aren't regular people (most), they have powers beyond our own and can defend against enemies regular people can't.

What I don't get is: why they don't just contact the gov'ts, letting them know they're coming and what they're up against? They could have worked with the gov't to set up an ambush at the building they attacked rather than have all those guards get killed by a surprise attack.
>>
>>82690182
I'm sorry, how is it directly Stark's Fault that Stane gave his weapons to terrorists?
>>
>>82705881
Because that's how governments work: Completely ineffective, political dick measuring. Nope, there has never been a government that's actually gotten something done.
>>
>>82710521
This. Sure you could argue that he was too carefree about who he worked with (Stane) but you'd have to be pants-on-head retarded to think that Stark literally handed his own weapons to terrorists. I mean literally what the fuck.
>>
>>82699532
It works in the comics because a team of superheroes is directly responsible for a huge massacre. Here, it's just grieving people looking for someone to blame, so it doesn't really work as well. But the accords kind of took a backseat to the Bucky plot anyway.

>Civil War was a subplot in its own movie
>>
File: ultron_zpsnwuabb4h.jpg (28KB, 468x354px) Image search: [Google]
ultron_zpsnwuabb4h.jpg
28KB, 468x354px
>>82710899
>tfw the Accords actually exists so that the heroes have a reason to fight over Bucky
>>
File: hey my man captain.png (44KB, 1740x779px) Image search: [Google]
hey my man captain.png
44KB, 1740x779px
>>82687742
hey my man captain america
>>
File: CsBHqe1h.jpg (173KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CsBHqe1h.jpg
173KB, 683x1024px
>Accords created after a villain suicide bombs in front of a packed crowd with two heroes and one of them does the best they possibly could on containing the threat
>Heroes STILL prevent a terrorist group from getting ahold of a lethal biohazard that could infect thousands

>durrrr you need SUPERVISION for this you can't keep doing what you're doing
>you sign this and keep doing the EXACT same thing you're doing, with 0 regulations except that now we vote on whether you go to x place or y
>this will somehow prevent future civilian casualties when a threat decides to blow itself up in a crowded city or try and destroy the world

The entire thing was complete horseshit, and anyone saying that the accords are the right move is fucking infantile. You're giving the UN - the same UN that did nothing in Rwanda, does nothing in North Korea, and is a glorified ticket maid in all other pursuits - discretionary power over a taskforce? You're expecting them to act in a timely manner for world-ending threats and superpowered villains? What hit you on the head as a child?
>>
>>82711179
Even further from that, why would this ever prevent civilian deaths? How COULD you prevent civilian deaths when some evil robot decides to lift an entire city, or an alien army invades new york on giant warships. How is anyone expected to prevent collateral damage?

Someone launched a nuclear missile on New York during the alien crisis and there's no mention of it, but the suddenly the hulk jumping on a building is a big fucking deal? The Avengers stop a bioweapon from falling into the wrong hands and someone that ISN'T EVEN THEM decides to detonate a suicide vest, but it's suddenly scarlet witch's fault? What kind of mickey mouse bullshit is the government running on?

The one actual piece of negligence - the one thing that was fucked up by a superhero - isn't even by one of the people against the accord. It's not even by an avenger. It was fucking tony stark. Why isn't there some world court tribunal on tony stark for creating Ultron? Why do they care more about scarlet witch failing to save absolutely everyone than the dude who almost killed the planet?
>>
>>82711179
Yeah, that's something that really fucking pissed me off. Even if it did explode right there, it'd kill heroes AND probably knock down the building considering how close they were.

Another gripe i have:
>highly trained army men
>gets knocked down in 1 hit and a fancy move
>>
>>82699218
>>82702081
Think this through for a second. If he doesn't sign and continues to pursue Bucky, he'll be branded as an outlaw and pursued by the government (as happens in the film). If he does sign for the PR, then they have the option of negotiation. If negotiation goes poorly or Cap doesn't like the final deal, he can continue to pursue Bucky, becoming an outlaw in the process.
Point being, whether he rejects the accords or signs them THEN later rejects them, he ends up in the same position with regards to the law. However, signing them at minimum allows for the PR buffer, and the potential of reaching a peaceful middle ground.

Even if he fully plans on rejecting the accords, he has no reason not to sign them for the benefit of discussion.
>>
>>82711179
But theyz the goverment! You have to do what they say because they wear suits and shit!
>>
>>82711339
>Even if he fully plans on rejecting the accords, he has no reason not to sign them for the benefit of discussion.

You're forgetting it's captain america. The dude wouldn't sign something he didn't believe in, and he sure as hell wouldn't go back on his word. Do you not remember the last scene where he chooses to tell iron man the truth even though he knows it'll push him over the edge and into a fight.
>>
We all agree that the accords were complete fucking bullshit but to be totally fair, this is the kind of shit governments would pull in real life.

A++ on the realism, Marvel
>>
>>82711179
>>82711207
Someone screencap this so we can post it whenever anyone goes 'muh accords'
>>
>>82711179
>>this will somehow prevent future civilian casualties when a threat decides to blow itself up in a crowded city or try and destroy the world
That was a pretext. It was obvious they had been constructing this since Sokovia, given the name and the length of the document, and maybe even considering it longer, considering the Avengers have been operating without government oversight since the reveal of HYDRA. The Avengers are a threat to their sovereignty, and the governments of those countries are using the threat of civilian casualties to gain public support behind something they wanted to do.
>>
>>82711550
See, that WOULD be a good storyline. Someone shady behind closed doors pulling strings to discredit the Avengers, trying to bring them to heel. Someone trying to weaken them so they'd bend to his will, or taking away the problem parts of it.

But no, instead it's starring baron xemo as "some dude" who's able to manipulate global events and completely outsmart a team of geniuses even though he's fucking nobody.

Bravo, russo brothers
>>
I don't think the Avengers were wrong, but they should have said something to the locals when the shit started going down. I get that they were keeping a low profile so they could trap Crossbones, but somebody should have told the Nigerians at some point before people were blown up.

Also, the Accords were an obvious PR stunt. Nobody thought them through. The fact that Cap or somebody didn't step up and say "Whoops, that escalated quickly. Our bad." made the whole thing one sided. You either signed the Accords like a good little boy or were flipping off everyone who got killed that mattered, like the Wakandans. Because nobody gave a fuck about the Nigerians.
>>
>we shouldn't hold the Avengers accountable for any of the deaths directly attributed to their members
>Tony creating Ultron
>Hulk rampaging in Africa
>Wanda making Hulk rampage in Africa

Yep, we should just give superheroes free reign over any international borders to do whatever they want. That's a great idea.
>>
>>82711837
except

>the accords did fucking nothing to tony
>tony actually got MORE power than the avengers
>hulk is AWOL
>Wanda was under duress of ultron, and thus he was the perpetrator in making hulk go insane. If you think Wanda is responsible for hulk's actions because he was brainwashed, then you can't suddenly not hold her to those same standards.

Where exactly does the accords make sense of this, anon?
>>
File: 1438392013498.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1438392013498.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
>>82711837
Long as they're always doing more good than harm by an overwhelming margin, what's the problem?
>>
>>82711667
>See, that WOULD be a good storyline. Someone shady behind closed doors pulling strings to discredit the Avengers, trying to bring them to heel.
It wouldn't be that great to have that be the true villain. Some people wanted that, because that would make Steve right and Tony's side blatantly wrong. I wasn't saying there was or should be any mysterious villlain who wants to bring the Avengers under their control. Just opportunistic political figures who want to control something they see as a threat. It's pretty much what T'Challa was talking about with his distaste for the UN's politics.

I liked that Zemo's plan WASN'T that, and it was to bring the Avengers into conflict with each other, because that just feels more Zemo to me. He's always been a man with a grudge, and his father was a man with a grudge before him. It was nice to get a villain who is primarily about that.
>>
>>82711939
The accords, at the very least, give the world governments the ability to oversight over the Avengers

Hulk shouldn't be fucking AWOL in the first place. They would have instantly taken him in or at least consistently tracked him from the moment he was rampaging in Africa. The Avengers on the other hand just went "nope, this is fine, we're just going to let you do whatever you want in Sokovia"
>>
>>82711957
Because Bill Gates can't get away with murder despite all his philanthropy
>>
>>82711837
>US government is literally psycho Nazis that have been destabilizing global society
>World security council okayed a nuclear launch on Manhattan
>US government creates an Abomination and will never, ever be accountable for that
>Government funded think tank fabricates a terrorist army in order to get more funding while dumping their resources into their own super soldiers
>Vice president is compliant with said think tank assassinating the US president

Yep, we should just give governments free reign over any international metahumans to do whatever they want. That's a good idea.
>>
>>82712059
He just throws money at shit to make himself look good. He's not literally saving the planet from destruction like what we're talking about.
>>
>>82712118
How does that change the fact that he's providing an overwhelming benefit for the world? You can look up his foundations, they save thousands of lives. What would one life be compared to all of that?
>>
>>82711837
I think it should be obvious to anyone who heard the basic proposal for the Accords that they were flawed legislation Every action the Avengers take being cleared with a panel of politicians is just a poor government setup. Imagine if a police officer had to do that. Every time they wanted to pursue a fleeing suspect, they had to call up the mayor and see if that was OK. It was ludicrous, and the only reason it was so supported was because of Ultron being entirely the Avengers and people who later became Avengers' fault. Any cataclysmic event that doesn't result from the Avengers would only be made worse by hamstringing them.
>>
>>82712092
So you're saying that the lives that Hulk (or Wanda) DIRECTLY was responsible for, they just don't matter? Their families get no justice?
>>
>>82712164
It's still nothing compared to the scale super heroes do and honestly i dont know how you can say they're even comparable.

You're saying cold blooded intentional murder should be disregarded for basically giving to charity a lot. And what's happening here is collateral damage done while pretty much saving the planet and human race from destruction.
>>
File: 1442980840386.gif (561KB, 119x152px) Image search: [Google]
1442980840386.gif
561KB, 119x152px
>people in this thread would legitimately allow a super powered entity in real life to not have any checks by any of the world's governments nor need to even abide by the laws of the very people that it would protect
>>
>>82712232
Uh then what about Tony? How come he gets to walk around since he's the one directly responsible for the almost destruction of the entire planet?
>>
>>82712198
You're not talking about trying them. You're talking about leashing them and handing them to the UN.
>>
>>82712275
Well that's Tony, he can do whatever, but we're talking about the Avengers, not just singular members which the Accords never talked about.
>>
>>82712254
Long as they're doing stuff i agree with, yeah.
>>
>>82712275
Probably because of all the other things he's done to protect people. The same reason an assassin like Black Widow isn't being arrested outright. She helped close a portal in the middle of Manhattan that aliens were coming through.
>>
>>82712342
and then when they don't? They weren't legally obligated to follow any laws or respect borders before.

That sets precedent that they can basically do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>82712254
>>82712019
>>The accords, at the very least, give the world governments the ability to oversight over the Avengers

Do you have any idea on how the UN manages crises? You must have learned about Rwanda in high school or seen what's going on in north korea today. What makes you think that the UN is going to approve any kind of action once it's under their purview? You're going to permanently hobble superheroes unless an international threat is actually happening, and every single entity that's planning one of those is going to have ample time to prepare because the avengers won't be able to fucking go after them.

And even outside of that, why are you going to trust world governments in the MCU? Just in the US, they've hidden HYDRA, the extremis program (which the Vice President was personally complicit in), letting the president be assassinated, and almost nuking one of their cities during the alien invasion - something that's somehow never broached again even though the hulk jumping on a building and causing a few thousand in property damage is BIG EVIDENCE in the movie.

The accords don't make any sense. You're giving the reins to a bunch of incompetent assholes who are at best negligent and incompetent and at worse actual supervillains - and you're deciding those are better than captain america, who is the one person who's consistently done the right thing. Captain America is the SOLE reason in the MCU that Hydra didn't win. They should be making national holidays for him, not arguing on whether he fits the legal terms for 'vigilante'.

The accords are bullshit in the movie, there's no justification for them that makes any sense.
>>
>>82711339
i see you've never been around a contract in your life

enjoy your parent's basement
>>
>>82712388
Precedent is meaningless in something as volatile as this. If they start fucking things up than of course they need to be reigned in.

Something likes this would need to be flexible otherwise we get retarded bureaucracy shit like the accords and they wind up doing nothing.
>>
>>82711957
>Says this as he post Injustice Superman which is what happens when a super takes the law in their own hands
>>
>>82712655
Well yeah but that's Clark, he's not very bright.
>>
>>82699520
Same. Wish we didn't have to sit through three movies I don't care about and one I'm only half-heartedly interested in until then.
>>
>>82699520
Black Panther was cool, but my surprise favorite was either Antman or Spidey. I do love the no nonsense dynamic he brought to the cast though.
>>
File: 1430348280794.jpg (87KB, 622x620px) Image search: [Google]
1430348280794.jpg
87KB, 622x620px
>when one thread for CW has more discussion about the ideological differences of the main characters than all BvS threads combined
>>
>>82688009
WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO IS RIGHT

YOU STAND FIRMLY AND SAY NO TO THOSE TELLING YOU OTHERWISE

Cap does what's right.
Some people die in war.
>>
File: 124--Venom.jpg (133KB, 680x1023px) Image search: [Google]
124--Venom.jpg
133KB, 680x1023px
>>82713446
>a good movie vs a bad movie
>>
>>82688009
The accords accomplish nothing other than a way to ensure that the best force available to protect the planet from threats beyond the realm of normal governments is held back by absurdly retarded and unnecessary political meddling.

In this case Cap is completely right. The accords dont even sound good no paper, you'd have to be the biggest idiot there is to think it's a good idea.
>>
>>82713446
But it's just a repetition of the same arguments from the comic.
>>
Of course he was wrong since his position didn't make any fucking sense.
>>
The UN can't even enlist local police that know not to aim at metal things.

I mean a shield is one thing, but the amount of people who shot at Bucky's arm is nuts.
>>
"We're gonna let government tell us what's right and wrong"

Then what's the fucking point of being a super hero
>>
Tony was wrong just on the basis that he was being a hypocrite. Tony would've had no problem signing whatever, and then disobeying whenever he felt he needed to. He's rich and has a ton of political cache, he's used to never having to follow the rules he agrees to.

He'd rather do that then just stand up for his beliefs up front as a team against the bureaucracy, and defend his and his teammates' heroic actions even when they cost lives.
>>
>>82715058
I thought the villains were the one who broke the law.
>>
>>82715121
I think Tony would have obeyed the Accords because he's pretty different from the rebel he used to be. He's so burdened with guilt over everything that he probably wants the Accords.
>>
>>82688009
his flaw was he thought the best approach was to run away from it.
If he had that logic pre Winter Soldier film we have death lasers aimed at America because he wouldn't work with shield over their power.

His flaw was he didn't see the strength from fixing within and "keep enemies closer"
>>
>>82715476
He doesn't even get through the movie without lying to Ross and going unauthorized to meet up with Captain America, not to mention putting Ross on hold at the end of the film instead of complying and stopping the prison breakout.

The second anyone asks Tony to do something he doesn't think is right he'd try to get out of it. Whether or not he'd extend the same freedom to the rest of them could go either way.
>>
>>82716434
That's all true, but i got to wonder how much of that was just because Cap brought it out of him. Tony is genuinely haunted by guilt over all the Avengers and he himself have done, but that doesnt mean it's enough to keep him from falling back into his ways.
>>
>>82704088
>The Avengers have never started a fight.
Opening of AoU. Yeah, HYDRA opened fire first, but you can't seriously argue that they intended to just walk up and wait for Strucker to hand over the scepter peacefully, then leave him alone.

>They crossed over some imaginary lines that people pretend exist on the ground. Big fucking deal.
They also have caused hundreds of deaths and millions or billions of dollars in property damage.

>They never declared they know what's right.
Cap claimed just that:
>"We may not be perfect, but the best hands are still our own."
He's blatantly saying that they know better than the world's governments.

>They literally only go after murderers.
No, they go after anyone they deem a threat. In South Africa, Ultron had explicitly not killed anyone yet when they confront him.

>I mean, do you seriously want to object and submit your vote that murder is ok and the Avengers are wrong about that?
I'm saying that you absolutely should not start the precedent of letting people ignore the law to dispense their own justice.
>>
>>82705881
>There are people RIGHT NOW who trust ANYONE with unchecked power
>>
>>82709676
And if the Avengers sided with Cap they'd be unopposed overlords of planet Earth.
>>
>>82691774
Zemo killed that chance by targetting Bucky. In fact, it was a good thing Cap didn't signed. He would immediately broke the accords by going after Bucky anyway and things would've been harsher. At least he had a stance to defend.
>>
>>82711667
No, that would have been much worse.
>>
>>82711179
People are afraid of the Avengers. They have killed people, and answer to no one. The Accords, if nothing else, are a gesture of good faith that shows the Avengers don't consider themselves lords of the planet.
>>
>>82695102
>the only one on cap's side that aren't dicks are falcon and bucky
Wanda has become a much better person since Sokovia.
>>
>>82711207
>It's not even by an avenger. It was fucking tony stark.

Tony Stark is an Avenger. This isn't even a question.

Wanda was just as responsible for Ultron as Tony was, and she wasn't well-intentioned when she fucked with Tony's head, either. She did it out of spite.

Not to mention the whole Hulk thing.
>>
>>82695500
I miss Iron Man using AC/DC songs. He can out badass anyone when entering the scene with one of those. Like his System Override of the Quinjet just to play Shoot the Thrill before repulsoring Loki's ass.
>>
>>82712092
>US government is literally psycho Nazis that have been destabilizing global society
SHIELD is not the US government.

>US government creates an Abomination and will never, ever be accountable for that
That was two rogue individuals, not the US Govt.

>Yep, we should just give governments free reign over any international metahumans to do whatever they want.
The Accords don't give the UN absolute power. They don't give them any extra authority over metahumans, period. It's purely a loophole that says the UN will allow the Avengers to continue breaking the laws they have been IF they follow certain rules.
>>
>>82712428
Exactly! So much more good would get done if just one or a couple people could do whatever they saw was necessary, without having to get approval from everyone else first

Someone who could just dictate what they need to do, and get it done. A dictate-er of sorts.
>>
>>82715058
>Then what's the fucking point of being a super hero
Fascist power fantasy.
>>
>>82712254
Avengers should be able to be held accountable for their bullshit.

The fucking UN of all things being put in charge of them while they continue to do the same things, except in a non-timely manner, is just retarded.
>>
>>82715121
>Tony was wrong just on the basis that he was being a hypocrite.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy
>>
>>82691519
but anon if criminals steal guns from people how will they steal guns people don't have?
>>
>>82718584
I rewatched AoU and i'm annoyed Tony can't recognize the good they did. Yeah, it's good he recognizes mistakes but he lets himself getting fucking consumed by guilt and always rushes because he wants solutions ASAP. It was the same with Ultron. Only this time he did it without dream mumbo jumbo as an excuse.
>>
>>82718703
Tony's dedicated pretty much his entire life to making amends. And he keeps fucking up. The more he fucks up, the more desperate he is to make up for those fuck-ups. It's a perpetual motion machine of guilt.
>>
>>82719113
Is MCU Tony slowly becoming 616 Hank Pym?
>>
>>82719136
I don't think he'll ever get quite that bad.

I mean, even his reasons for building Ultron was less due to guilt and more due to the horrific vision Wanda gave him. And even THEN, there's really no way he could have predicted that Ultron would gain sentience and intelligence overnight and decide to kill fucking everybody. Granted, Tony was clearly in the wrong for using the cube on his own without informing anyone, but the circumstances behind Tony's Ultron are a lot less extreme than the circumstances behind Pym's Ultron.

Also, I don't think Tony will ever go so far off the deep end that he'd try to stage a disaster just so he could be the one the save the day.
>>
>>82687742
Of course he's wrong.
No one who makes Ultron ever makes good decisions right after making Ultron.
This is basically Tony's "Yellow Jacket moment". The realization that a robot with his brain patterns is evil has turned his world upside down. It's gonna take some time for him to work this out.
On a side not, working this all into his motivation for choosing pro-registration has really made the whole Civil War narrative make sense. In the comics it makes no sense for Tony to feel such personal guilt about a tragedy he had no way of preventing. It makes it seem like the Stamford explosion was somehow his fault. It's not as if Tony hadn't seen collateral damage from super villain attack before. But with the movies, making Ultron his creation and by extension the Sokovia incident his responsibility makes him reevaluate everything he thinks about the world. He's wrong, but it comes from a natural and organic place. By contrast, comic Tony's motivation is "This woman's son was killed by Nitro in a conflict I had no control over, so now I must build a Hyper-Dimensional Gulag".
>>
>>82718129
> you can't seriously argue that they intended to just walk up and wait for Strucker to hand over the scepter peacefully, then leave him alone.

If he had done that he would have lived (actually he lived anyway) unlike when the cops came for Bucky. They handed him off to some other fags who put him in jail. If he did nothing wrong he'd be let go. Again, unlike Bucky.

>They also have caused hundreds of deaths and millions or billions of dollars in property damage.

Every single battle of theirs they prevented death. 74 people died in NY but otherwise NY would be a radioactive crater. I'll take the 74.

>Cap claimed just that:
>>"We may not be perfect, but the best hands are still our own."
>He's blatantly saying that they know better than the world's governments.

They do though, see above with the cops thing.

> In South Africa, Ultron had explicitly not killed anyone yet when they confront him.

Ultron is a robot, not a person so he doesn't count but even then he had killed Strucker already.

>I'm saying that you absolutely should not start the precedent of letting people ignore the law to dispense their own justice.

When the law says shoot on sight and the Avengers say we'll take you prisoner I absolutely want that. I'll say it right now, I'd rather have the Avengers gunning for me than those German police.
>>
>>82692433
Still love this issue, Thor 07 was a fun read
>>
>>82699368
He seemed to have seen a lot of himself in spidy which makes sense they've got thematically similar beginnings
>>
>>82720693
It kind of makes me upset knowing that they're setting up Tony as being Peter's fatherly figure / mentor.

Yeah it makes sense in some ways with both of them being smart and using that to help them be heroes but he's also got a bit in common with Cap. I hope that if Tony's going to have some kind of role in the Spidey films that Cap makes some appearances too, just to play off that dynamic they all have with each other. Tony as the cool fatherly figure Peter can have while Cap is the more old school american value instilling one that he admires.
>>
>>82713446
What WERE the ideological differences between the DCEU Batman and the DCEU Superman?
>>
>>82722117
Superman didn't want Batman to kill people

Batman didn't want Superman to kill people
>>
>>82722117
>You're a menace to society! You cant use your overwhelming power to do whatever you please!

>You're a menace to society! You cant use your overwhelming bank account to do whatever you please!
>>
>>82722396
so they were both like
>it's fine when I do it.
>>
>>82718493
>SHIELD is not the US government.
No but senators are.
>That was two rogue individuals, not the US Govt.
One of whom is to be placed in charge of the Avengers
>The Accords don't give the UN absolute power. They don't give them any extra authority over metahumans, period. It's purely a loophole that says the UN will allow the Avengers to continue breaking the laws they have been IF they follow certain rules.
They want extra authority over the Avengers. The loophole isn't a loophole for the team, it's for the UN. It's so they can say at any time "Well, we warned them." And, again, there's nothing in here about holding the Avengers culpable for their actions. If you want to send Wanda and Tony to prison, take them to court. But the countries don't. They want to be able to control where the Avengers go instead. This isn't justice, it's dick waving.
>>
File: 1313033922631.png (7KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1313033922631.png
7KB, 679x427px
>>82687742

actually, tony is right. and it should've been too obvious.

i thought that the original civil war in the comics included mutants. given that they were born with their powers, it'd be appropriate to perceive them as deserving all the rights of the average, naturally born citizen regardless of their capacity for destruction.

without mutants in the civil war, we're left with enhanced people. these are individuals that came about their powers through choice (mostly) and the intervention of agencies spearheaded by their respective governments. they owe their skills and abilities to the governments that gave them their powers - although, i admit if there is such a conflict of interest that places their lives in danger against their wishes, then there should be some compromise in place. the accords are completely reasonable given this scenario.

fuck, is wanda not a mutant in the MCU?
>>
>>82723563
>fuck, is wanda not a mutant in the MCU?
I don't even know if she's ever called scarlett witch.
But no she's not an X-Man mutant, they just did "experiments" on her and her brother Fast-Mercury.
>>
>>82695055
Liberal for Cap.
Iron man has generally been more Conservative leaning in my experience.
>>
>>82718664
Hey anon, maybe we should ban drugs too, because thats worked out great. Criminals will ALWAYS have guns. Whether they are imported or even homemade. Banning guns will only take them away from people who follow the law and give criminals a huge range of targets to choose from.
Even if you were right, how long do you think it would take to cycle all of the weapons out of the country? There would be an extended period of time, maybe decades, where criminals would still have weapons and innocent people wouldn't. And thats all under your logic.
>>
>>82724684
Well, given that you can't get speed from a mind gem, and there's no logical reasin they would randomly survive the gem, she and her brother probably already had their powers hidden away, given to them by a hidden third party.

Again, ffs what have Pietro's powers got to do with Mind?

The theme of people trying to control Wanda's body is lifted from the comics by the Russos, with the UN less than subtly placed in the role of Set and Immortus. Basically, the UN/Stark = Set, in Wanda's arc.

616 Wanda Origin Factors:
Mutant Legacy
High Evolutionary
The Other

MCU Wanda Origin Factors:
Normal Parents
Baron von Strucker (HE substitute)
The Other (up he pops again, and gave Loki the scepter and its hard to believe he didn't know Loki would "fail" his mission given Coulson figured that out)

Wanda's powers are played up as "chaotic", Vision alludes to "order" and "chaos" at the end of AoU, Wanda creates weird phenomenon. Wanda's powers are tied to her emotions in exactly the same way as Chaos Magic, Joe Russo states they are deeper than anyone understands, and the Russos lift the feminist subtext straight from the pre-Bendis Avengers comics. The film all but states Wanda is a real Witch via subtext: outsider and pariah, just like a Witch.

Given her likelihood of being the (one of or the) Final Boss(es) in Thanos's quest she's unlikely to be a generic psychic.
>>
>>82692433
Thor, Hulk, Witch, Strange will have to fight Thanos away from Earth.

Giving Thanos a huge advantage.

That is the story purpose of the Accords.
>>
>>82725441
I think the gems in the MCU have a basic "energy" component in addition to their color-coded flavor specific powers. They were using the Mind Gem to fuel Hydra weapons and that doesn't make much sense.

It also gives Vision laser beams and flight and all sorts of powers.
>>
>>82719492
>If he had done that he would have lived (actually he lived anyway) unlike when the cops came for Bucky.
Now you're changing the argument. The Avengers still attacked the HYDRA base, and the nearby town got caught in the crossfire.

>Every single battle of theirs they prevented death.
They literally caused Sokovia and South Africa.

>They do though, see above with the cops thing.
Again you're changing the argument. They are ignoring the law because they claim to know what's right. Allowing that is an awful precedent.

>I'll say it right now, I'd rather have the Avengers gunning for me than those German police.
See above.
>>
>>82722835
>One of whom is to be placed in charge of the Avengers
No. The two rogue individuals were Emil Blonsky and Samuel Sterns. Not Ross.

>They want extra authority over the Avengers. The loophole isn't a loophole for the team, it's for the UN. It's so they can say at any time "Well, we warned them." And, again, there's nothing in here about holding the Avengers culpable for their actions. If you want to send Wanda and Tony to prison, take them to court. But the countries don't. They want to be able to control where the Avengers go instead. This isn't justice, it's dick waving.
They don't want to arrest the Avengers. They understand that what they do is important. But they also don't want the Avengers to keep trampling over the law unchecked. It doesn't give the UN any extra authority than they had before, because they could already legally arrest the Avengers if they wanted to.
>>
>>82723563
The Accords aren't even a draft. You don't have to work for the UN if you don't want to - Only if you want to be a superhero.
>>
>>82725080
'murica signing in.
>>
>>82725871
The gems are used as a substitute for magic...and are far more silly than magic.
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.