[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

‘Supergirl’ CW Move Talks Heat Up As CBS Nears Decision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 174888.jpg (93KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
174888.jpg
93KB, 655x370px
>CBS is yet to make a renewal decision on its freshman series, but there are conversations about one of them, Supergirl, making a jump to sister network the CW. Such a move had been rumored for awhile but I hear talks are now real, going concurrently with CBS’ renewal process, which is nearing the finish line. I hear CBS has until end of day today, Wednesday, to make a decision on Supergirl, but that could conceivable get extended. It is unclear whether an agreement would be reached because it is a tall order for a show of that scale to be produced for the CW. Producing studio Warner Bros. TV already is making a pre-emptive effort to trim costs, prepping a move of production from Los Angeles to Vancouver in Season 2. That would bring the show, from producer Greg Berlani, together with his CW superhero drama series, which all are based in Vancouver.

>Supergirl, which commanded a very high license fee in its freshman season, had been eying a partial order at a lower price at CBS. The CW frequently had been mentioned as a possibility because of Supergirl‘s young skew, the CW president Mark Pedowitz’s public comments about regretting not going after the project when it was originally pitched, and the fact that the CW is co-owned by CBS and Warner Bros.

>This is the second time Supergirl had been rumored to move from CBS to the CW. It didn’t happen after the pilot last year, and there are still skeptics who say that that it would be hard for Supergirl to be produced at a price point where it could make financial sense on the CW.

>In the end of the ay, it was up to CBS Corp. chairman Les Moonves, who is holding all the cards in the situation since the company controls CBS and the programming on the CW, to make the call whether Supergirl would stay or not on CBS and whether it would go to the CW.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/supergirl-cw-move-cbs-renewal-decision-code-black-limitless-bubble-1201752684/

WE'LL FIND OUT TODAY LADS
>>
File: 900KJHD7.jpg (48KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900KJHD7.jpg
48KB, 900x900px
>tfw 4-way crossover with all the CW DC shows

>and Felicity ruins them all
>>
File: 1434318001958.png (2KB, 184x156px) Image search: [Google]
1434318001958.png
2KB, 184x156px
>>82663942
>they destroy Kara's Earth, giving her a blank slate
>She manages to escape to Flash's Earth
>A literal Power Girl show
>4 episode crossover
>4 CW Hero shows a week

We just need one more for full DC week
>>
>>82664626
She would be "punished" as fuck though if her Earth was kill.
>>
>>82664689

Yes, with my dick.
>>
I hope Supergirl sticks around somewhere. It would be fun on CW so we'd finally have space stuff happening.

And Trinity
>>
>>82664750
Please, Anon. All of our dicks throb in unison for Kara.
>>
File: 30-rock-moonvest.png (752KB, 1156x771px) Image search: [Google]
30-rock-moonvest.png
752KB, 1156x771px
Forgot the image I came here to post
>>
>>82664689
PUNISHED "VENOM" KARA
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 1200x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 1200x641px
>>82664477
>DC week turns into nearly full blown (D)CWeek

pottery.
>>
As TV channels look for more ways to maximize profit, they'll probably start airing more prestige shows during the summer.

And then, as more and more DC shows get aired, we'll finally have it.

At least one new DC product on TV per week. 52 weeks a year.
>>
>>82665232
>52

Fuck, how did I not connect that and the weeks of the year.
>>
>>82665232
>At least one new DC product on TV per week. 52 weeks a year.
>52 weeks a year.
>52

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>82664689
Jimmy is now white. Clark is still Clark and Pa died a bit to early to give the lessons to make him go Super. Yet he's still an ace investigative reporter that digs out the truth.
>>
Damn I liked Limitless. Shame to hear it also on the chopper.
>>
>>82664770
>dicks throb in unison

Lmao gay
>>
>>82665856
>he doesn't like his dick throbbing with other men
what a fag
>>
I just want Barry and Kara to cuddle while eating ice cream.

Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>82665829

He'd be a good CW Green Lantern.
>>
>>82663942
What would be great is if it's a reboot of the series with Benoist in the Flash/Arrow universe but eh what can you do. If it stays on CBS it's literally gonna be more of what S1 was which was awful in most parts.
>>
>>82667289
Oh sure make him the Kyle Rayner of the crew. James Roday could be a good Hal.

>>82667497
I did appreciate someone on staff actually gave a damn and wanted to include some of the more quirky bits of lore. (Signal Watch, Dwarf Star Key to the Fortress)
>>
File: SuperFelicity1456971615473 1.jpg (67KB, 701x392px) Image search: [Google]
SuperFelicity1456971615473 1.jpg
67KB, 701x392px
Great news!
>>
>>82663942
Why does CBS control it? Wouldn't it be WB/DC?

Do they have licensing rights or something?
>>
>>82672065
I vomited

all over the place

I hate Felicity

With all of my being
>>
>>82672098
CBS and Warner both own 50% of the CW
>>
>>82672159
Oh ok
>>
File: 1449856052173.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1449856052173.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>82664477
>Felicity is the chosen one the entire crossover revolves around
Please no
>>
>>82664477
>>and Felicity ruins them all

>Supergirl will never yell savagely as she snaps Felicity's neck
>>
>>82672231
ONE COULD ONLY HOPE ANON
>>
File: Jimmy-Olsen-Audition-Photo.jpg (138KB, 760x999px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy-Olsen-Audition-Photo.jpg
138KB, 760x999px
As long as Jimmy makes the ride over to the CW too, than I'm okay.
>>
>>82672159
>>82672167
And Warner is the bottom in that relationship. CBS calls the shots.
>>
>>82672288
No that guy is boring as fuck.

Him, Livewire, nd Killer Banshit can get a recast or BTFO, everyone else can come.

But really as long as we get Kara, Wynn, and J'onn I'm cool
>>
>>82672098
It's basic production vs. distribution, friend. In TV, it's kind of more complicated than that, but not by much.

CBS owns the rights to air new episodes of Supergirl. Thus, they have all the power in this stage of planning/negotiation -- and that would be true regardless of CBS also co-owning the CW. As for the CBS -> CW aspect, it means that CBS as a parent company doesn't want to eat its high costs, but at the same time, the show is successful enough not to outright get rid of it. Thus, they think it's a good idea to move it to Vancouver, where costs will be lower, it'll have proximity to other CWverse shows, and by extension, it'll make more sense to just be a CW show.

It's a large reason as to how cancellation stuff works. When a show gets cancelled, that means that the distributing company (i.e. the channel) doesn't want the rights to new episodes anymore. So, it effectively gets bounced back to the production companies, who (to offset the costs of production) must then find some other distributor who wants new episodes of their show. Usually, they just call it quits, but sometimes it actually works.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.