[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Heart Warming Examples of Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Is he right about Superman? What are some of the most heart-warming examples where Supes uses his mind to deal with a problem?
>>
>>82588046
i hadn't thought about it, but he probably does take his knickers off doesn't he? they'd show under the tights otherwise.
also, tom, i love you man, but the character's name is not doctor who. you are one of like two people to regularly do that.
>>
He has to outthink Myxyplyx every time.
>>
I like comics and I think Doctor Who is a bit cringe worthy.

But I'd still pick Doctor Who over capeshit any day of the week.
>>
>>82588046
Outsmarting emperor Joker, Outwilling Phantom Zone Luthor, Recreating a conservatory and becoming a diplomat in the new Krypton Saga, creating a conservatory for endangered species in all Star Superman, using his reporter job for denouncing injustice and generating awareness about issues (Birthright, Peace on earth, Up, up and away, the four horsemen), all those times he has convinced people of not commiting suicide, trying to solve world hunger, talking people out of commiting crimes...

He also has super intelect and an etreme capability for storing information, but to be honest I don't like counting those instances because they feel like cheating...

...But if we were to coun them, then you have using his super brain to learn medicine, recreating the miracle machine, reading several letters per minute, etc.

To be fair most of these instances probably happened way after this quote was said.
>>
>>82590614
Yeah, this was probably Pre-Crisis/The Man of Steel; his tenure was over by 81. He was one of the less-bloodthristy Doctors of his era, though; he let the Daleks live, after all.
>>
Superman is most fun when they allow him to be clever. He only really punches as a solution most often in team shit, which is what I expect a casual is probably reading as their main experiences with him.
>>
>>82588213
The characters name in the credits was Doctor Who for years. That' how he was referred to in the scripts too. None of that name that can't be told or pronounced garbage existed then.
>>
>>82588213
>the character's name is not doctor who. you are one of like two people to regularly do that.
Most people in the UK above a certain age refer to him as Doctor Who. He wasn't properly called The Doctor in merchandising until the John Nathan Turner era.

Even Capaldi has called the character "Doctor Who" in interviews.
>>
100% true

Superman, at his best, is always about brute strength. Not necessarily force or "punching things out" but his sheer will and perseverance instead of outsmarting his opponents.
>>
>>82591977
yeah but his name has always been 'the doctor' and 'doctor who' has just been the name of the show. the scripts and credits were wrong and they were understood to be wrong
same deal with hello kitty. it appears in the branding because it's the name of the brand, it's not her name
>>
>>82588046

where did Superman put Clark Kent's clothes when he changed into Superman?
>>
>>82588213
>also, tom, i love you man, but the character's name is not doctor who. you are one of like two people to regularly do that.
if Tom Baker says his name is Doctor Who then his name is Doctor Who. It's the other people who are wrong
>>
>>82596448
He has a pocket in his cape
>>
>>82588046
>heart-warming examples where Supes used his mind to deal with a problem?

What. Why would that be heart-warming?
>>
Every time he faces Myxyplyx. I get the feeling the character was introduced for that reason.
>>
File: y4rrbwl1rrx588o1_500.gif (748KB, 464x328px) Image search: [Google]
y4rrbwl1rrx588o1_500.gif
748KB, 464x328px
Isn't Dr. Who sort of a sci-fi adventurer version of Jackie Chan?

"Oh jeez I got lost in time oh no I fell down the stairs into an existential threat to the human race aw jeez'

Only instead of cool kung fu he has the trademark egghead power of "I'll just use some implausible fake science to get out of this mess"
>>
>>82594339
>Superman, at his best, is always about brute strength
At the risk of going 'not muh', Superman at his best has no bearing on WHAT he does to solve a problem. It's the WHY and HOW that make him a good character.
>>
>>82599228

Not really. Quite often it's simply a mystery-type story. Here's a threat and the Doctor has to figure out how to stop the threat, usually by figuring out a weakness or what went wrong to create the threat in the first place. Other than the Sonic Screwdriver and TARDIS he doesn't pull out a different gadget every episode.
>>
>>82588046

Superman has to outthink his enemies the majority of the time. It's rare for Superman to just beat something up to solve the problem
>>
>>82588046

>fucking Dr Who actor thinks his show is intelligent

Dr Who is literally pleb garbage "LOL WIBBLY WOBBLY LOL MUH SHALLOW PHILOSOPHIZING MUH LOW BUDGET"
>>
>>82599439
>Other than the Sonic Screwdriver and TARDIS he doesn't pull out a different gadget every episode.
jesus fuck what else does he need? the screwdriver can do literally anything and the reTARDIS is a living time machine with basically a Batcave inside of it.
>>
Really? The Doctor just points his magic wand at shit and stuff happens
>>
>>82588487

>Implying there is difference
>>
>>82599514
>>82599534

This is much more a thing for Nu/CurrentWho. Back in the day it really was only good as a screwdriver/fixerthing and occasional TARDIS door opener. It wasn't even very fast. Most of the time he'd just point it at shit and it would buzz as a way to make him look busy during quiet/thoughtful scenes.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.