[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 53

File: 214123.jpg (275KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
214123.jpg
275KB, 1200x627px
Will it be good?
>>
>>82581951
>Snyder directing
You know the answer
>>
>>82581951
I hope so. I think the backlash on BvS will help them fix up the mistakes while keeping what worked. Also, I love every single cast member and am really excited for them to punch things
>>
>>82581951
>Snyder
no
>>
File: JJJ.png (370KB, 625x360px)
JJJ.png
370KB, 625x360px
>>82581976
Hasn't there been a shareholder meeting at WB recently? Maybe there's a chance Zack the Hack will get fucked off.
>>
>>82582024
The movie's already started filming.
>>
>>82581976
>>82582010

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/ben-affleck-confirms-hes-working-something-with-dcs-geoff-johns

Maybe now that with Ben and Geoff holding his hands he will make something good.
>>
>>82582006
Just like the backlash on MoS made them reconsider the characterization on Superman and his family.
Oh wait no it fucking didn't.
>>
>>82582102
Look, I know you don't like the movie, but you can't actually believe that Superman was as grim and angry in BvS as he was in Man of Steel. He spends half the screentime making out with Lois or having heartfelt conversations with his parents.

Maybe this will help illustrate my point better: If Man of Steel had gotten good reviews, BvS would have been worse than it is.
>>
File: 1456201405582.jpg (154KB, 557x595px) Image search: [Google]
1456201405582.jpg
154KB, 557x595px
>>82581951
Justice league? More like JUSTice league amirite
>>
>Fvcl Mavval
What did he mean by that
>>
>>82581951
I want it to be good, but I doubt it.

After MoS and BvS, I have no faith left for the Snyderverse. I was willing to cut him some slack after MoS, but he also shit the bed with BvS so not anymore.
>>
>>82582024
>firing the director while filming
Not a chance, and not a chance of Snyder being fired at all when his wife is in the group that decides to do so.
>>
>>82582178
Say what you will about Marvel, but at least they had the good sense not to hire Jason Momoa.
>>
All it has to do is be as fantastic as Man of Steel

If after 3 years, a person dont realize how great that film is then you should give up on DC or just wait til Batman or something
>>
>>82581951
>cyborg as main JL character
yeah no
>>
I think it'll be better then BvS if only because by design it has to be a big, dumb action movie. They'll be less room for Zack's pottery and garbage fire dialogue, it's going to be 2.5 hours of explosions in slo-mo.

I'm sure the 7-hour Director's Cut will add all that back in though.
>>
>>82582260
Why? Is he a bad actor?
>>
>>82581951
Miller and Affleck are producing

it might be less bad
>>
Affleck is EP now, but he might not be able to make any real changes given the time frame.
>>
>>82582477

He's busy working on his next Bawston crime thriller, I doubt he's going to have much impact on the writing of JL.
>>
>>82581951

It's doomed.
>>
>>82582414
Typecast as big guy.
>>
>>82582169
>Look, I know you don't like the movie, but you can't actually believe that Superman was as grim and angry in BvS as he was in Man of Steel
Flash literally travelled back in time to try and warn Batman that Superman would eventually doom the Earth. How much more worse can it get?
>>
>>82582591
I assume he's friends with Aidan Gillen.
>>
>>82582006

MoS backlash didn't teach them anything. Well except to add a line about the area being abandoned.
>>
>>82582596
Being this obtuse
>>
>>82582260
They tried to, but then Basedtista wouldn't have made Drax so memorable.
>>
>>82582065

Impossible. He can't tell a story to save his life.
>>
>>82581951
There's no reason to think otherwise. MoS and BvS were exceptionally good and enjoyable films in my opinion.
>>
>>82582771
Not sure if bait or just sarcasm.
>>
>>82582414
no but he denied being drax because he didn't want to be that type of character again
>>
it will be amazing, better than BvS.

on a side not i did like bvs, despite what every1 says..... weird right?
>>
>>82581951
With Snyder and Goyer leading the film, I can't see it being any good. The only hope for the DC cinematic universe is the solo films he's not involved in (I am hype for the solo Batman and Aquaman movies), or that Warner Brothers will see reason and get George Miller run the film to direct instead.
>>
>>82582065
Oh boy, can't wait for shit movie you can't criticize otherwise you are A BATFAG!!! because apparently Johns, I mean the Cereal King meme, is the best writer in the industry
>>
>>82581951
Of course it will be.

BvS was goat patrician kino, there's no reason to expect JL to be any less.
>>
>>82582854
He actually wanted more money
>>
>>82582065
Zack had Nolan in the producer chair and we still got what we got. Nolan was against the Superman death and everything.
>>
>>82581951

Hopefully, but I think Snyder's track record more or less speaks for itself by this point.
>>
File: 1423307250704.jpg (296KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1423307250704.jpg
296KB, 1600x700px
I'm gonna say no. Not only because Snyder is a hack and an idiot, but it's also a studio problem as well. Snyder is just a symptom of Warner Bros incompetence when it comes to running a comic book universe. They don't have the right kind of leader, a focused vision, or actual comic book fans writing these movies.

I don't believe you have to be like Marvel to have a CBM Universe, but the problem is WB/DC is doing the exact opposite of everything the MCU is doing, and it really, reaaaaally shows.
>>
File: 1.jpg (717KB, 3390x2902px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
717KB, 3390x2902px
Any kind of news when?
>>
>>82581951
No.
>>
>>82583271
please bring Nolan back
I'd rather have to deal with /tv/ hating those movies because they are from him than for what they do now
>>
>>82583406
Pretty much this

There's nothing inherently wrong with setting up a shared universe, but it really feels like WB is trying too hard and moving both too fast and not fast enough.

I liked that we didn't need a full blown Batman origin movie. Everyone knows his origin already. We can all just jump in, but when you sprinkle in "Oh shit, wait for the next movie for this guy" without earning it, you're aping Marvel movies anyway.

Also, fire Snyder. Jesus Christ. If you want thought-provoking and a darker take, that's fine, but don't bring back Snyder.
>>
>>82583241
Knowing how jewie Disney is about salaries, Mamoa prolly got a much better deal with WB.
>>
>>82582306
Oh, c'mon. I'm generally annoyed at the push Geoff has given the character since N52 started, but it's been five years and he's not going anywhere. Yeah, his name is lame and he's no Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern, but I think his connection to Mother Box, and therefore New Gods, will make him an interesting character. There's potential in the plight of a man who doesn't know if he's more human or machine. He could be Adam Jensen, but less edgy.
>>
>>82581951
I would like nothing more but i know is going to suck ....

It's a bad time to be a DC faggot.
>>
If Batffleck is Executive producer there may be a chance. His parts in BvS were fantastic. But, Snyder can not fuck this one up. He's had two chances to sell people on this universe and it's not working.

I hated MoS, but I thought BvS was serviceable. Just had really choppy and inconsistent editing with little connective tissue. Some the script and ideas were good.
>>
>>82582915
>Goyer
That bitch is gone, so you can relax.
>>
>>82583406
>>82583747
Fucking these.

WB fucked up.
>>
>>82583938
>guy behind the most successful DC movies is gone
>good
>>
>>82584053

I don't get how somebody like Goyer wrote TDK and then Man of Steel...
>>
>>82582024
The conference call was for all of WB. They sidestepped disappointing BvS and talked up CNN and Turner Sports, saying their Q1 this year was great. No caller asked about BvS specifically, almost all on TV. You can look up the transcript.
>>
>>82581951
MoS was good, BvS was great. Justice League will be the best thing ever if they continue to improve.
>>
>>82584113
That actually makes sense since they're writing Superman as if he was Batman in those movie.
>>
>>82582771
cant believe it took 20+ replies to get an anon with taste
>>
File: based snyder.jpg (160KB, 450x640px)
based snyder.jpg
160KB, 450x640px
>>82581951
>Will it be good?
It's hard to say, at this point. All the rumors seem to indicate that WB is on fire and everyone is screaming and scared shitless over there.

Tsujihara saying that Justice League will be a "crowd pleaser" has me worried, because it instantly makes me think it will be bland, inoffensive, and ultimately forgettable fluff. I know it's an incredibly unpopular opinion to like Snyder, but I do. People say he's style over substance, but that's inaccurate; Snyder's substance is in his style. He is a visual story teller. In every single frame, he is telling us something. He has an incredible eye and is truly enthusiastic about these characters and the universe.

But I do think he may have had too much say up until now, and we're seeing the results of that. Snyder has issues with tone: no restraint when it comes to violence. It comes off as tasteless and can feel like he's missing the point of these characters. He's been described by multiple people in various ways that he has a silver tongue, (interesting, as the guy seems painfully inarticulate in interviews) which may speak to how he was able to exert so much control over BvS.

The scripts must be stellar, fucking Willem Dafoe is in on Justice League. But great material can be overshadowed by a lack of willful producers. And shoddy editing. But Synder's problem is making four hours movies and then having to cut them into theatrical sizes.

I want Snyder on the DCEU, I think he's a perfect fit. But he does need people to tell him "no". I just hope that WB doesn't keep him on so tight a leash that they're basically taking creative rights away from him and making a paint-by-numbers super hero movie.

tl;dr I hope so
>>
>>82583298
1 bad film is a pretty good track record anon
>>
File: mfw.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>82581976
Hopefully this is his last movie with DC. Once Justice League gets panned maybe DC will finally learn their lesson and ban him from ever touching or even talking about the characters again. Hopefully Justice League doesn't kill the DCEU so they can recuperate.
>>
>>82584328
DC has zero say in their movies, WB has complete control.
>>
>>82584328
>weeb poster has shit taste
hardly surprising
>>
>>82584268
>In every single frame, he is telling us something.

I wouldn't say every frame, but I believe this is true. It's kind of like the analysis one anon made about for the Man Who Has Everything where every panel was important and had significance. I liked the little things in BvS.

I wouldn't mind a 4 hour movie though; I have the patience for it and I liked every second of BvS (except for the bath scene, but I was able to see why it was important)
>>
>>82581951
At this point if you're optimistic you're either an idiot or delusional

Which isn't to say it can't be good, but the logical choice is to be skeptical
>>
>>82584379
>you're either an idiot or delusional
think you're projecting a bit to much there
>>
>>82582006
>I think the backlash on BvS will help them fix up the mistakes while keeping what worked.
No. The backlash on MoS already caused the clusterfuck of ideas that got forced into BvS, despite the fact I think the movie mostly pulled it off. The BvS backlash is such a mish-mash of uneducated opinions from manchildren, using it as a guide to fix anything will only ruin it.

Hell, the backlash from MoS even affected the Marvel universe, with their stupidly-low death tolls and hamfisted hero-guilt slinging that happened in the first part of Civil War. Not to mention the transparently appeasing helicarrier save during the end of AoU, just so people in the theaters don't have to worry about nasty, icky things like people actually dying because of Ultron's attack.

I think it's funny how much the DCEU has shaped the MCU since it's debut, because the DCEU is the only one willing to test limits and boundaries of what people find acceptable in a comic book movie. Hell, the Russos even admitted that the only reason Marvel studios let them go forward with the Civil War plot was because BvS was announced, and they realized they'd have to break away from their tired formula to keep up, which is ironic because the absolute WORST thing about Civil War was the Civil War plot. The fact that nobody ever once brought up that if the Avengers had done nothing, the death tolls would have been infinitely higher, and also the fact that the US government was willing to nuke the fuck out of Manhattan by itself. It's such a massive plot hole just to facilitate a flimsy rivalry.

>>82581951
Anyway, OP, I hope it will be good. Affleck and Snyder seem like an interesting pair that can most certainly turn out something worth watching. There are a lot of expectations. I think a lot of excitement for this movie will be based on how good Wonder Woman ends up being.
>>
>>82584379
Or you actually have good taste lol

If you didn't like BvS it's either due to stupidity or lack of empathy.
>>
>>82584355
I know. I just meant DC as in the films not the company itself. I used bad wording, my bad.

>>82584363
Are you trying to say that Snyder is good?
>>
>>82581951
>Zack Snyder
No.
>>
>>82582169
>He spends half the screentime making out with Lois or having heartfelt conversations with his parents.
Yeah, because that's the best way to show what Superman is like.
>>
>>82582169
Dude he's sad or angry for all but maybe two minutes of that film.
>>
>>82582522
He's just putting his cards on the table for when he finally usurps Snyder for JL2
>we might have to wait until 2019 for a decent JL movie
>>
>>82582260
Still say he'd make a batter namor than aquaman
>>
>>82584428
Not only am i saying that im calling you weeb-trash with no discernible taste.
>>
>>82584377
I'm worried because the new cinematographer is some newbie from TV. I would hate to have the fucking Justice League movie look like a Marvel film.

I hope Snyder will be enough to maintain the filmic quality from the last two movies.
>>
>>82584414
>28%

Lol I guess over 70% of critics are just wrong and it was a masterpiece, my mistake

You can make a case for MoS (which I would still argue sucked) as a love it or hate it movie, but BvS was universally panned

If you like it, you're the one with shit taste. That's just math.
>>
>>82584268
Well put, my friend. You and I are in the same boat.
>>
>>82581951
>Zack Snyder is involved
No, it will not be good.
>>
>>82584627
>if your opinions don't align with a majority of critics on RottenTomatoes.com, you have shit taste
How much of a fucking pleb can you be?
>>
>>82584268
> People say he's style over substance, but that's inaccurate; Snyder's substance is in his style. He is a visual story teller. In every single frame, he is telling us something. He has an incredible eye and is truly enthusiastic about these characters and the universe.

Even if this is true, and I'm not saying it is, but even if it is true, what he's saying is as inarticulate, muddled, and ultimately wrong for the characters he's supposed to be adapting. Moreover, I think that any greater aspirations he has thematically can, do, and always will take backseat to what he thinks is cool. like skulls and axes.
>>
>>82584406
>hamfisted hero-guilt slinging that happened in the first part of Civil War.
Did you not read the comics? That was the entire impetus of Civil War there too and that predates the DCEU by years.
>>
>>82584665
You're right, liking movies everyone says are terrible is the true metric of taste. You've shown me the light. Transformers and Adam Sandler movies are true kino I guess.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>82581951
>Zack "I don't know what collateral damage is" Snyder is involved
What do you think?
>>
>>82584627
Literally argument ad populum.

If you really believe that the critics had legitimate criticism, then you're ignorant or insane.
>>
>>82584021
How is WB going too fast? Because they aren't wasting their 4 movies as filler origin episodes to the team up episode?
>>
>>82584752
>comparing Snyder to fucking Adam Sandler and Transformers
dude
they're not that bad
these movies really truly are not actually that bad

why do these movies get so blown out of proportion?
>>
File: 1462351085929.png (43KB, 296x369px)
1462351085929.png
43KB, 296x369px
>>82584527
Well I am a namefag weeaboo cunt but at least I don't like Snyder. So if that makes me have bad taste in your eyes then nothing of value has been lost.
>>
>>82584144
Holy shit, WB is a bunch of idiots. They can't see a huge pile of shit in their ice cream?
>>
>>82584665
Not that Anon, but calling a near-universally panned film "great" makes you look like a contrarian at best, and an idiot at worst.
It'd be like calling Gigli the best thing since The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
>>
>>82584811
Because while not being THAT bad they are still bad, so when someone says they're good people that don't like them have to double down on talking shit about them.
People saying bad movie is good = Sequels still being bad.
>>
>>82584798
Jimmy, Alfred, Lois, Lex, and Senator Finch needed solo movies before BvS, buddy.
>>
>>82581951
its gonna be dark, gritty, edgy and on a scale of greys again
>>
>>82584727
>Did you not read the comics?
We're not talking about the comics. The problem with it is not that it was included, but that it was done so poorly. There have been practically no mentions of consequences or social/political unrest surrounding the Avengers and what they do, even to the point of having Tony walk away with a quip and a smile at the end of AoU when he should have been put on trial.. Now, suddenly, we have to jam in an angry mother who makes Tony feel bad about one random kid dying in Sokovia, and now it's the biggest issue in the world. What makes it hilarious is that the death tolls are comically low. Thousands of people die in car accidents every day, but if 70 people die in the fallout of an alien invasion that would have (allegedly) meant the end of mankind, then OH SHIT, look out for those dangerous Avengers!

It's just dumb, and the fact that nobody ever, not ONCE, brings up the fact that the death tolls would have been exponentially higher if the Avengers had done nothing makes the entire plot point flimsy as fuck.

>>82584855
I didn't say I thought BvS was great, but I am saying that to use RottenTomatoes as the be-all, end-all metric for "good taste" makes you look like a pleb. Which it does. Besides, most people on /co/ will agree that a movie like, say, Speed Racer is great, and critics just refused to judge it on its own merits.
>>
>>82584783
insane is having everyone explain why something is shit and being like "no it's great"
>>
>>82584783
>Literally argument ad populum.
As opposed to the couttier's reply, which isn't a fallacy when you do it?
>>
>>82584970
>ly. There have been practically no mentions of consequences or social/political unrest surrounding the Avengers and what they do,
There was some at the start of Age of Ultron. Sokovians rioting and throwing bottles and the Iron Legion.

Honestly man you read like one of those guys that's going "They made a joke! There's no mountain of skulls! Throw it all in the trash I can't take it seriously at all!"
>>
>>82584970
People know the Avengers are saving the world, they just think they're not doing a good enough job of it. As Tony put it, they basically dropped a building on the kid who died. Now, maybe that was unavoidable collateral damage, and then there's no sense beating yourself up over it, but like no other, Tony knows he's the "fly in, kick ass, stop bad guy, forget all about it" man himself, so he probably really didn't give it much thought. And that's what rankles.

It's not that the Avengers should do nothing, it's that they should be better at it. Whether that's true or not, as in, realistic or not (in the movie universe) is another matter.
>>
>>82585092
>>82584970
I will agree with you though that waiting this long to bring that up as a way of kickstarting this movie's plot was a little pat. I mean, if this worries people they've been worried from the start, so why does it only now start hitting home? The alien invasion maybe (not much to do about it) but after that?
>>
>>82584989
The problem is that 99% of the people saying something is shit only use terrible, meme-based arguments and don't elaborate, and often present those arguments in a way that makes it apparent they just weren't paying attention to the movie and missed a ton of basic plot information (i.e. "Why do they think Superman shot people in Africa? That's dumb!"), whereas most people who say it's great actually do present arguments based around the structure of the movie and the information within it as it was presented to us.

>>82585092
>People know the Avengers are saving the world, they just think they're not doing a good enough job of it
No. That wasn't the point at all. The heavy-handed point of the entire Sokovia accords was that the Avengers were a dangerous entity that needed to answer to a higher power. No part of the conflict centered around the Avengers "doing their job better". This is just your mind trying to make the movie less stupid by forcing it into a different context.

>>82585156
>so why does it only now start hitting home?
Dunno. I mean, the actual, real world reason is that Marvel Studios never wanted to put something as conflicting and divisive as the Civil War plot into the movies, and only got the green light after BvS got announced, so they suddenly had to introduce the impetus for the plot point within the same movie it was being addressed. As for why it was suddenly as issue in-universe, I can't say. I think it's safe to assume most people in the MCU world love the Avengers, unless, you know, they had their son killed in Sokovia. That's still fewer than most.
>>
>>82585156
>I will agree with you though that waiting this long to bring that up as a way of kickstarting this movie's plot was a little pat.
I think there was a little groundwork laid befhore hand and you mayhave ignored that because quips happened in the same movie. The reactions to the status quo change were seen as early in Avengers with Shield/Hydra gearing up with weapons based on the Destroyer, and then again with the multiple helicarries (TWS). So there's your political/military response to superhumans. Hulk, as a franchise, is all about the fear of collateral and the military trying to control supers. Then we have the characters themselves suffering from PTSD and having to cope with the events of an alien invasion (Iron Man 3), and then the civilian response is seen in AoU wit people going "Avengers Go Home" at the Iron Legion, which exists primarily to help aid in evacuating civilians and cordoning off the battlefields.

The groundwork is there. It's just that people make jokes in the same movies so somehow that means we have to ignore literally everything else because unless you're frowning all the time it doesn't count.
>>
>>82585354
>The problem is that 99% of the people saying something is shit only use terrible, meme-based arguments and don't elaborate,
As opposed to "the epic stakes kino serious dramatic based symbolism that you just ddn't understand brainwashed marvelshill" defense.
>>
>>82584926
That jar of piss did too
>>
File: flash.jpg (90KB, 1530x1059px)
flash.jpg
90KB, 1530x1059px
The real question is

Will he shave?
>>
Why do we call them the Justice League?
I have a better name. How about, the Justice Lords?!
>>
>>82584855
Contrarian is such a stupid word. Anyone can have different opinions and BvS has a 5/10 score so it's a 50/50 split.
>>
>>82585354
>No. That wasn't the point at all. The heavy-handed point of the entire Sokovia accords was that the Avengers were a dangerous entity that needed to answer to a higher power.
I'm talking about what the man in the street thinks, not what the leaders of the world think. Of course they like nothing more than to have the Avengers on a leash. This would almost certainly not lead to what people want, but then, a difference between what people want and what the politicians can give them is nothing new.

And yes, Justice League will suck because even in a thread dedicated to it, discussing the MCU is *still* more interesting.
>>
>>82585354
>whereas most people who say it's great actually do present arguments based around the structure of the movie and the information within it as it was presented to us.
Who? Armond White and the Kino crowd?
>>
>>82583406

>Snyder is just a symptom of Warner Bros

This is what most people tend to forget. WB doesn't give a shit about DC comics, but they care a lot about the movies.

DC comics is pretty much something they just allow to keep existing, continually reinventing itself to try and stay relevant with something besides just Batman.
>>
>>82581951
I thought we wouldn't even get this movie if BvS didn't make at least a billion?
>>
>>82582591
4 u
>>
>>82584268

>he has a silver tongue

You're right, you wouldn't know it from interviews. He constantly sticks his foot in his mouth and shit-talks other people's work. Either that, or he's defending criticism with "you just don't get it".
>>
>>82585508
No if Snyder has his way speedy gonzalas will have his movie and it will be like a Latin soap.
>>
>>82581951
It could be good, it could be shit. I have enough disposable income to find out and not give a shit
>>
>>82584268

Are you seriously implying that Willem Dafoe is a quality marker? Have you seen his filmography?
>>
>>82585785
Justice League is too epic for words.
>>
>>82585758
>But how? Dios mio, how can you be pregnant?
>IT WAS ME, BARRY
>>
>>82583406
>aquaman not hooking up with rogue

why does no-one share my otp
>>
>>82582169
Superman never had a single conversation in BvS where he wasn't moping or threatening someone
At least he had a dim sense of Superman in his dialogue lines back in MoS
>>
>>82584752
most adam sandler movies are good though
>>
File: 1442448613448.jpg (32KB, 400x300px)
1442448613448.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>82583683
Nolan could honestly give a fuck about his job & it shows. He's just collecting a check.
>>
>>82584811
Obvious bait is obvious
>>
No, not after the shit show they called BvS
>>
File: 1428516580801.png (314KB, 492x362px) Image search: [Google]
1428516580801.png
314KB, 492x362px
>>82582024
>>82582065
>>82584328

You guys still looking for positives in this really make my day. It's like a not quite as sad version of an abused wife telling her family once her husband finds a job and stops drinking things are going to get better.
>>
>>82584752
>implying Pixels was that bad.
Movie Blob was furious over it because he felt that it was made by a bunch of chads that belittled his past time
>>
>movie ends
>most people in the theater leave
>I stay behind
>there has to be an after credits scene
>just has to be
>credits end
>remaining few people get up to leave
>there just HAS to be something
>sit staring at the blank projector screen
>lights come on
>theater worker is sweeping up popcorn
>sink lower into seat so he doesn't see me
>he eventually comes to my row
>"oh, I'm sorry sir, I didn't think anyone would be this early"
>he finishes and turns off the lights, projector not even on anymore
>complete darkness for about half an hour because I couldn't handle the awkwardness of running into theater cleaner
>have to sir through the next showing of bvs in one day

I cried loudly the whole time, pretty sure I ruined everyone else's time
>>
>>82584798
>let's make this movie a sequel to MoS, but also a backdoor pilot to JL
>let's fit Batman and Wonder Woman in there as well
>while also introducing Lex Luthor
>let's have a dream sequence teasing Darkseid and the Flash
>let's also make the movie a backdoor pilot to the Batman and Wonder Woman films coming out too
Do you not see where I'm going with this?
>>
>>82586102
>trying to watch more BvS

why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>82586150
Hate is an emotion. I think he just plain lost the will to live and stopped caring. For all we know he's posting this from the theater... right now, while endlessly rewatching it. He'll be dead soon.
>>
>>82586143
that bit all fit fine. it was the fact that it was shit that was the problem
>>
>>82585507
And Granny Goodness, who was the one who MADE "Granny's Peach Tea"

Bravo, Snyder.
>>
>>82586143
You are missing the point. DC was and kinda still is the casual's comic book. Everyone knows who the JL is. That's why there is so much bickering about muh supes doesn't do this, or muh Batman does this, and GL is black.
They know the bare basics. And thus doesn't need origin stories. I like that the starting point isn't the persay start but sorta the middle.
>>
>>82586143
You ever read a comic? The more you get for your money, the better. Not to mention how cool it is. It would be an argument if the amount of characters detracted from the film, but it didn't.
>>
>>82583924
BvS was basically everything that was bad about MoS, but this time it had only that.
At the very least MoS had a pretty neat arc in its progression of its events.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 709x1000px
>>82584268
>>
>>82584816
a tasteless idiot
>>
>>82583923
>It's a bad time to be a DC faggot.
If your a pathetic camp fag that goes into a coma when a character so much as frowns.
>>
>>82581951
I'm sure lot of people did it already but...
>Snyder
>Good
>>
>>82586971
But there wasn't anything bad about MOS besides not addressing the destruction & the execution of the tornado scene.
And nether of those are present in BVS.
>>
Even odds.
>>
>>82584113
But Man of Steel was incredible.
>>
>>82585826
the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>82584201
>That actually makes sense since they're writing Superman as if he was Batman in those movie.
In no way shape or form.
Morally ambiguous and semi broody does not mother fucking equal BATMAN you autistic fuck.
>>
>>82587292
What does equal Batman then? A lack of powers?
Because you sound like you might be one of those power level fags that thinks abilities equates to character.
>>
>>82584268
>People say he's style over substance
That's fucking garbage, I got more emotion in MOS then anything in any of the MCU films and I at least like all of them.
>>
>>82584268
>Snyder has issues with tone
If your a camp fag
>no restraint when it comes to violence. It comes off as tasteless
Fucking Bullshit.
>and can feel like he's missing the point of these characters.
The point of Batman is that he horrifies criminals, done, Point of Superman is that he saves people, he saved 7 Billion lives twice in mos, and willing-fully gave his life twice in BVS to stop Doomsday.
>>
>>82587336
Emotional resonance is subjective. Snyder's characters ring flat for me, personally. It kind of feels like they exist to embody concepts rather than as people.
>>
>>82584377
>and I liked every second of BvS (except for the bath scene
Why are you fucking gay son?
>>
I have a question for those of you still in the game and that care about the Snyderverse.

Do guys like >>82587388 speak for the lot of you?
>>
>>82581951
most of it will be good but the small portion that's not good will completely ruin this movie
>>
>>82587256
nice quip friendo
>>
>>82584627
>but BvS was universally panned
Because critics are campfag liberal shit stains that can't handle dark tones and violence.
>>
File: 1446601227869.jpg (6KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1446601227869.jpg
6KB, 500x363px
>>82587132
All the name calling in the world won't make me like your films, Snyder.
>>
>>82584482
>Yeah, because that's the best way to show what Superman is like.
No but its a good way to make him a relatable human being which is the entire point of these 2 films.
>>
>>82587265
fuck do you think?
>>
File: Kill Me Now.jpg (55KB, 626x438px)
Kill Me Now.jpg
55KB, 626x438px
>>82584268
>perfect fit
>made two genuinely awful movies
>even the movies he's not directing will be affected by him
lol
>>
>>82587314
focused Intent, Batman is out to stop and punish crime, Superman is out to save lives.
>>
>>82587428
Why shouldn't he speak for us, camp lovers are the absolute majority of the people that dislike these films.
>>
>>82587808
I don't think you know what camp is.
>>
>>82587985
Anything silly and exaggerated.
A cheap lack of realism, like the Reeves outfit.
>>
>>82581951
Well, considering MoS and BvS are the greatest superhero films of all time, then yes.

>inb4 MoS and BvS were shit!
Invalid argument, it's just the critics and the public that are wrong.
>>
>>82588044
Yeah, I thought as much. That's an EXTREMELY watered down definiton you've got there. Camp, by definition, is to a sensibility that revels in artifice, stylization, theatricality, and exaggeration rather than content.

You may not be willing to accept this, but Snyder's works constitute camp. They're darker, certainly, but they're still extremely campy, because of how hard he forces the stylization and visual symbolism.
>>
>>82581951
It won't even make it to the screen.
>>
>>82581951
How come you ramped up the color on that picture OP?
>>
>>82587388
I like camp and I loved BvS
>>
File: Kino1.jpg (1014KB, 1500x3000px)
Kino1.jpg
1014KB, 1500x3000px
>>
File: Kino2.jpg (1MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Kino2.jpg
1MB, 1500x3000px
you dont have to love the films, but I do, and I respect your difference in opinion
>>
>>82581951

God I fucking hope so. If this fails, we will end up rebooting the whole fuckin' universe and maybe in 10 years time we get a new movie.
>>
File: Kino3.jpg (1008KB, 1500x3000px)
Kino3.jpg
1008KB, 1500x3000px
>>
Have they confirmed which Green Lantern they're using?
>>
>>82581951
No because the critics say so
>>
File: Kino4.jpg (1MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Kino4.jpg
1MB, 1500x3000px
>>
File: KIno5.jpg (1014KB, 1500x3000px)
KIno5.jpg
1014KB, 1500x3000px
>>
File: Kino6.jpg (1MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Kino6.jpg
1MB, 1500x3000px
>>
File: Kino7.png (864KB, 1204x616px)
Kino7.png
864KB, 1204x616px
>>
File: Kino8.jpg (1MB, 1500x3000px)
Kino8.jpg
1MB, 1500x3000px
>>
File: Kino9.jpg (1MB, 1500x3000px)
Kino9.jpg
1MB, 1500x3000px
>>
>>82582620
Seems to me you're the one who's obtuse.
>>
File: 1462463371090.jpg (274KB, 738x857px)
1462463371090.jpg
274KB, 738x857px
>>82588328
>>82588346
>>82588369
>>82588386
>>82588402
>>82588411
>>82588411
>>82588425

I don't buy into any of this shit - I mean, I'm sure they tried to be a little deep but I just liked the movie for the way the actors carried their scenes and some fun moments like Clark speeding off to Mexico or getting steamy with Lois.

Sure some parts were weird but I don't see what makes it hateable. It was 8/10 pretty good, average comic movie. Hope I like Civil War as much.
>>
>>82588328
>>82588346
>>82588369
>>82588386
>>82588402
>>82588411
>>82588425
>>82588438
>>82588453
>someone actually wasted their time to make these
kek, more laughs for me then.
>>
>>82588356
>If this fails, we will end up rebooting the whole fuckin' universe and maybe in 10 years time we get a new movie.
That's genuinely the best option. This Snydershit needs to stop.
>>
File: BvS Maturity.png (251KB, 1880x614px) Image search: [Google]
BvS Maturity.png
251KB, 1880x614px
>>82588530
It's Snyderfags, anon

They have nothing else in life, so they must cling to their shit and pretend its gold.
>>
>>82581951
No.
>>
>>82588503
he didnt go to mexico you idiot, goddamn what do I expect from people who refuse to even entertain the idea any of this might be intentional. I mean how much more proof do you need.
>>
>>82581976
Remember before MoS when everyone was hyped for Snyder directing? Things have really changed.
>>
>>82588356
Why wait 10 years when the Flash movie comes out in 3?Use the Flash movie as a way to reboot everything.
>>
File: 1371412474846.png (1MB, 1243x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1371412474846.png
1MB, 1243x1000px
>>82588593

>he didnt go to mexico
>>
>>82588638
No, I distinctly remember a good chunk of /co/ worried because Watchmen sucked.
>>
>>82588662
oh for the day of the dead thing, right, I thought he meant the terrorist scene for some reason. My bad
>>
>>82588662
>>82588503

still, why do they refuse to even try and acknowledge that some of this might have been intentional in the movie?
>>
>>82588696

See the feverishness of the posts is why people don't give Snyderfans the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure a lot of the stuff was intentional but they probably talked about it for a few minutes rather than really thought it out. I said it was a fun movie either way.
>>
With Snyder at the helm, I'm inclined to believe no.

BUT. In my opinion, aside from the over the top destruction, Man of Steel is great. BvS's biggest problems are the tie-ins. All of that computer shit should've been a post credits scene. Simple as that. Wonder Woman should've been introduced in her own film.

The fact that The Justice League is all about assembling the team, means what made BvS not great, will not be an issue in this film.

So IF Hack still has to helm the movie, there's still a chance that is can at least be as good as Man of Steel.
>>
>>82588593
yo should watch it again amigo
>>
File: Day of the Dead.jpg (409KB, 2460x1637px)
Day of the Dead.jpg
409KB, 2460x1637px
>>82588764

I loved this part. How he immediately dropped his investigation to fly over and help.
>>
>>82588727
I feel like Snyder had broad ideas of what he wanted to reference (which can be seen in MoS with the few references to The Republic) and Terrio probably thought it through. And I think the main point of all these references was to say that Superheroes are the next step in that lineage of story telling, Superman is the next hero king messiah and Batman is the next crusading mortal hero.
>>
File: Feels Super, Man.jpg (29KB, 400x326px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Super, Man.jpg
29KB, 400x326px
>>82581976
>tfw MoS was so bad you haven't even bothered with BvS
>tfw you probably won't even torrent it
>tfw you can love DC characters and not shill these fuck awful WB abortions
feels great mang
>>
>>82588328
Can't wait for Superman to pop off out of his grave in 3 days because muh bible symbolism
>>
>>82582260
>mfw every marveldrone cried about him not being namor
>now they hate him

kek
>>
>>82588864
it already happened, keep reading
>>
>>82588864
the bible is just a very popular set of stories, you dont have to read into anymore than that.
>>
If you take away the first Iron Man film, the remaining first four films are the weakest in the MCU.

I can believe the DCEU is capable of becoming good. But obviously, one particular person in charge must be removed.
>>
>>82588866
I like to imagine Jason Momoa's face when he realized he could've been a cool asshole version of Aquaman instead of the orange and green guy that talked to dolphins.
>>
>>82584268
>liking snyder

Kill yourself.
>>
>>82589026
good argument bro
>>
>>82582169
>He spends half the screentime making out with Lois or having heartfelt conversations with his parents.

>parents
>>
File: 1428650393937.jpg (167KB, 729x1095px)
1428650393937.jpg
167KB, 729x1095px
>>82582024
>>82581976
>>82582010
>>82586056

>mfw all these fags that want a dc clone of marvel.
>>
>>82589067
Not him, but Snyder would have Batman raped in prison.

Snyder is cancer. How can you not see that?
>>
>>82588955
I'd be glad I'm a good seaking guy with a hot wife instead of an asshole with wings on his feet who tries and fails to steal other people's wives.
>>
>>82589082
who is this semen demon
>>
>>82589139
Jill Valentine
>>
>>82589082
Spotted the moviefag.
All Snyder is doing is turning the DCU into the Marvel Universe. And not even the good Marvel Universe. He's turning it into fucking X-men.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px)
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>82589155
>he's turning it into xmen

spotted daredevil

UNCALLED FOR

DONT YOU DARE COMPARE SYNDER TO FUCKING SINGER

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also congratulations; your ignorant post produced my 1st 'reee' response after months of abstaining.
>>
>>82589272
Hilariously enough, Singer's films are more well received.
>>
Would anyone else be totally cool with a 3.5 hour JL movie?
>>
>>82581951
No, because the company war meme and shills and cucks won't let it be
>>
>>82589387
Of course. I don't understand why these capefilm directors think cutting a movie down below 3 hours does anything but make it incoherent.
>>
File: safe_image.jpg (25KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.jpg
25KB, 480x320px
Im there for Batfleck and The Twink
>>
I honestly don't think of myself as a Marvel shill. I've always read DC. MUCH more than Marvel. But the MCU is great. And I simply am not excited for things like Cyborg and Aquaman because they look like shit. Awful cameos. Meanwhile, Civil War has me hyped for ANOTHER Spidey reboot and Black Panther of all things.
>>
>>82589417
>2 movie track record has you less excited than 13 movie track record

Okay? Thanks for sharing
>>
File: 1461773517950.jpg (55KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
1461773517950.jpg
55KB, 535x798px
>>82589305
>trying to please the talentless, visionless, mass consuming, bumblefucked hiveminds of any generation

all the greats truly suffer for their craft and leave the rest of the world behind playing catch up.
omg! synder is superman!

people hate what they don't understand
be their hero, synder
be their angel
be their monument
be anything they need you to be
or be none of it
you don't owe this world a thing
you never did
>>
>>82588792
I recently watched Man of Steel, and this scene is similar to how he stopped fighting the kryptonians in order to save the guy in the helicopter.
>>
>>82589387
As long as the first hour doesn't bore me shitless like BvS did, then sure.
>>
>>82589517
What? I'm talking about Age of Ultron and BvS both being cut down for time and that it's a contributing factor to why they're not great.
>>
>>82589577
Wrong reply
>>
>>82589272
Just replace "gay allegory" with "Jesus allegory" and it's the same fucking thing. Sorry you didn't notice.

Go ahead. Explain Lex's big plan to blow up the senate and turn people against Superman is so different from Stryker's plan to stage a presidential assassination to turn people against mutants.
>>
>>82584855
>Not that Anon, but calling a near-universally panned film "great" makes you look like a contrarian at best, and an idiot at worst.
Film going is subjective, people on /co/ who already like these characters are going to be more susceptible to enjoying the film. More so if you buy into Snyders pseudo intellectualism and attempts at deeper themes.

I would say BvS is great, but I was jumping out of my seat for Aquaman/Flash, most people weren't. I liked the film in spite of itself.
>>
>>82587706
obvious bullshit because what you said aint true
>>
>>82589619
BvS's teaser for other heroes was god awful. The Flash was the only good one and he already has a great show. The fact that they didn't fold the Arrowverse into the DCEU shows how far behind the MCU they are. Yes, Arrow sucks a fat chode right now. But The Flash is arguably the greatest capeshow on TV. Why reboot when the character is still going?
>>
>>82589272
I'm not. I'm comparing it to the comics you fucking /tv/ casual.

Comics MU is the one where civilians are assholes and everyone is guilt tripped into being a hero, and everoyne is defined by their flaws.
Comics DCU is the one full of moral paragons and most people are generally good and in support of that.

Snyder of course doesn't realize this. He has to go deconstruction because he only likes grimderp 90s shit. And you don't realize this because you just eat whatever shit you're served by Hollywood and don't belong on this board. Ree.
>>
>>82587915
cute, funny how the best refute an anon can have is a selection of reasons people like the film. Not sad at all.
>>
>>82589696
>people on /co/ who already like these characters are going to be more susceptible to enjoying the film
I think yo need to start making a distinction between people that like the characters, people that want to see an adaptation at all cost, people that are in it for memes and bait, and people that are in it for the director.

Because there are plenty of people that like Superman and thus have a greater propensity to hate what Snyder's doing to him. The latter three groups call them "Superfags" or some variation thereof.

Which should tell you everything right there.
>>
>>82588530
>discussion and analysing of film is now considered a waste of time.
Kill yourself anon, you are dirt
>>
>>82589851
kek, if you want to analyse dirt, go ahead. I'll keep laughing
>>
>>82588563
this post was retarded and if you were actually in the thread or saw the films you would see how misinformed every point on it was.
>>
>>82589744
>don't belong on this board

it's cute how you idiots have a dying industry yet you're pushing ppl away. brilliant. i laugh heartily every time one of you autistic fucks exclaim with your jingoistic elitism.
>>
>>82589095
if that what you really thought he meant form that interview then your an idiot,
>>
>>82589935
>have a dying industry yet you're pushing ppl away
as /tg/ says, no game is better than bad game
>>
>>82589896
i think you may be retarded
>>
File: 1458265240129.png (2MB, 1310x950px)
1458265240129.png
2MB, 1310x950px
>>82589935
>>
>>82590083
Okay, pal. Whatever you say. Enjoy your shit movie.
>>
>>82589935
They don't push new comic fans away, they push away the people who just watch the movies and pretend to know everything about the characters without giving a shit about the comics.
>i laugh heartily every time one of you autistic fucks exclaim with your jingoistic elitism.
Okay? Good for you.
>>
>>82589551
What's annoying about the slow start to BvS is that Lex gave us a full exposition at one point which covered all we had seen, making it meaningless. Could have cut out all of the acquiring Kryptonite stuff and just have Lex say "I have kryptonite".
>>
>>82590107
I might be agreeing with you in the specific case, but in general I have a disagreement with "narrative says" criticisms. How do you even measure that? How do you prove the point of the narrative?
You don't. You can assume it based on mood, points characters are making, events, but it's never absolute.
>>
>>82590060
>as /tg/ says, no game is better than bad game

well /tg/ is full of fucking retards.

we create horrible games to play in the absence of games for the purpose of entertainment; the idea that even rudimentary garbage has a base value over nothing. i scoff at your naive reply.
>>
>>82588371
He's not in JL, but they are using all four earth lanterns in GLC with the focus on Hal and John.
>>
>>82589082
Not at all.
It's admirable about what they're trying to accomplish, but they're just failing at it so hard.
It would be amazing to live in a world where Zack was competent and able to make movies that make it past mediocre to divisive-at-best movies. To have a more adult, actually deep (not fake-deep) movies starring superheroes, alongside marvel's more fun, light-hearted movies.

But no. We live in a world where Zack is a fucking hack.
>>
>>82590213
it has to atleast make sense though I can understand Batman having Kryptonite as fail safe if Superman ever goes rogue but this Batman immediately goes let's kill this nigger. I can understand Clark not liking Bats methods but at least study his long history to pin point the cause or is it working. Wha I also can't understand is how two grown men reasonably mature and experience men not talking shit out first and not threatening each other like lttle boys. Or how Lex's manipulation was so easy to sot the worlds greatest detective couldn't make sure he wasn't being manipulated in between "man-slaughtering" people
>>
>>82590393
You have to be willfully ignorant of the film to say this though.

The damn opening had Bruce running around in Metropolis as it was destroyed. He is shown to be suffering from PTSD, he is shown to not consider Superman human, Alfred gives a big spiel about how Batman has changed for the worst since Supermans arrival.

>Batman immediately goes let's kill this nigger
Yes, he just saw what this guy can do. If there is a 1% chance that he is a threat we have to take it as the absolute certainty.
>>
File: Watchmen 2.jpg (723KB, 1920x1080px)
Watchmen 2.jpg
723KB, 1920x1080px
>>82589272
Watching the Apocalypse trailer, I definitely got a Snyder vibe; the same sort of attractive semi-talents trying to spout corny dialogue over-earnestly....

The main difference being that Snyder makes much better trailers.
>>
>>82590260
>garbage is better than nothing
bullshit.
garbage gives dissatisfaction/unpleasantness
good games give satisfaction/pleasantness
nothing gives 0. 0 is bigger than the negatives.

Though, I agree that if you do only 0 for a long time nothing turns into negative out of boredom. We're nowhere near that though. There are always stuff to do.
>>
>>82581951
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO.
>>
File: 1393794484117.gif (173KB, 225x224px)
1393794484117.gif
173KB, 225x224px
>>82590469
>If there is a 1% chance that he is a threat we have to take it as the absolute certainty.

Who in the world couldn't say this about the Batman?
>>
>>82590160
you sound so cocky and confident, wow, so cool.
>>
>>82590647
I'm not trying to. Sorry if you feel intimidated.
>>
>>82590712
oh gosh, he's doing it again, what a cool cat
>>
>>82590535
>Who in the world couldn't say this about the Batman?
Batman doesn't have the ability to destroy the entire earth because he is having a bad day. Superman could mistrust a fart and sink a continent.
>>
>>82590791
Look, man. You might want to stop, you're only making yourself look like more of an idiot.
>>
File: orc-kun 2.jpg (158KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
orc-kun 2.jpg
158KB, 600x800px
>>82584816
>>
>>82590177
>>82590177
>they don't push new comic fans away
>they just push away people that have interest in the comics yet haven't read many who try to promote conversations about those things they enjoy

ftfy

>pretend to know everything about the characters without giving a shit about the comics

yeah, ok.

let's ALWAYS listen to the fanboys so we can have batman reboot #920349823083 because you don't all agree on anything YET have the audacity to think conclusively that you alone have the greatest understanding regarding the potential details for a character's every incarnation and various pathways for development for all-time. "hi, i'd like you to meet the new batman, same as old batman."
>>
>>82586642
>DC
>For casuals

Wew lad @ this Marveldrone projection
>>
>>82590922
Post new-52 it has been. The massive lore has been stripped out. I can't comment on a comparison with Marvel because I've never picked up a Marvel book, but DC did reboot their universe for casual appeal. It's what got me reading.
>>
>>82590520
>if you do only 0 for a long time nothing turns into negative out of boredom

well /tg/ should change their slogan to

"as long as there are good games, we don't need bad games" instead of "no games > bad games"

you see, one makes sense while the other doesn't.
>>
>>82581951

I hope not. DC fans desperately trying to argue why BvS is anything but a steaming pile of shit has been comedy gold. I'm excited for part 2 of that.
>>
File: 1462207610315.jpg (20KB, 233x164px) Image search: [Google]
1462207610315.jpg
20KB, 233x164px
>>82590491
>Watching the Apocalypse trailer, I definitely got a Snyder vibe

now i'm beginning to understand the average comic fan's defining characteristic.

we're all blind.
>>
>>82591009
at least there might be WWxBats
>>
>>82590866
its obviously getting under your skin, otherwise you wouldn't keep responding, you silly.
>>
>>82591009
you could say the same to those who ague that it isnt.
>>
File: 1462740099019.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462740099019.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>>82584268

i'm with you, brother!
>>
>>82591008
I know, it's as if we all know some good games exist by virtue of not being born yesterday. I'm sure the specification you mentioned was necessary .
>>
>>82591142
Or maybe you just need to take Snyder's cock out of your mouth.
Once you stop dirckriding im you see that all he has is the same generic "desaturate for serious" that a billion other interchangeable fucks do
>>
>>82591316

yeah, one relies on assumptions while the other is truth.

i don't deal in assumptions m8

i could exist with the view that all currently existing games are shit YET i still wouldn't say this existence is worse than one having no games.
>>
>>82591495
So it's better to get food poisoning than to starve?
>>
File: snapcity.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapcity.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>82589095
>Snyder would have Batman raped in prison
I would too. By "court of owls" henchmen. Zack a genius.
>>
>>82589095
No he wouldn't, he is obviously not good at articulating himself. He is just trying to say that his universe is different. You know what Snyder has actually had in his movies though,
>>
>>82583747
They always have to show the origin for bats because we are now in a globalized world.
More importantly they should have bluntly explained this bat has nothing to do with noland's bat (critics have actually said why are they fighting).
>>
>>82591597

horrible analogy

even bad games can be entertaining which is the sole purpose their creation.
>>
>>82584268
Finally. Zack Unchained.
>>
>>82581951
>every single character has dark hair.
What sort of diversity is this?
>>
>>82587412
This.
>>
>>82591731
superfags will literally love anything as long it's about Superman

they would have even liked BvS if it was Superman vs Batman instead
>>
>literally only care about the Shazam and Blue and Gold movies
>Snyder will never have the chance to ruin either
Future's looking pretty bright, /co/mrades
>>
>>82587336
>mfw I've been going thru an easily-gets-emotional plebby phase.
>mfw I've been honoring this phase with mcu movies and romantic dramedies
>mfw if I watch MoS in that plebby, 'sense-of-wonder-compatible' phase I'll probably bawl my eyes out from the sheer ascent in quality
>>
>>82591937
I love Zod in MoS. The villain actually did some real fucking damage. That's the biggest difference coming from the MCU. In the MCU the villains are punching bags that let out a few quips if you hit them hard enough.

Zod fucks shit up.
>>
File: file.png (25KB, 216x215px)
file.png
25KB, 216x215px
>>82581951
>>
File: 0929_adventure247denizen.jpg (314KB, 900x782px) Image search: [Google]
0929_adventure247denizen.jpg
314KB, 900x782px
>>82591937
forgot pic
>>
>>82591832
Even though the Booster and Beetle movie will almost definitely be hot garbage.
>>
>>82592008
>>
File: 3861656-1884404342-u-mad.jpg (69KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
3861656-1884404342-u-mad.jpg
69KB, 500x480px
>>82591395
>Or maybe you just need to take Snyder's cock out of your mouth.
>stop dirckriding
>>
>>82592119
Cavill's got a great bulge, cheers mate.

But seriously some dude at work just saw me open that and was like "what the fuck". lol.
>>
>>82588386
>>82588402
>>82588411
>>82588425
>>82588438
>>82588453
If any of this was intentional I have even LESS respect for Snyder than I did before.

Copying visuals from far better works of art is not deep. It's the most shallow. creatively bankrupt thing you could possibly do. There is literally nothing interesting being said here, the film is just referencing better-told stories to cover up the fact that its own plot is a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>82592165
all my keks
>>
>>82592008
There has been a greater sense of danger in all Marvel's fight sequences than Zod's. Neither Clark nor Zod appear hurt or even remotely in trouble at any time. They might as well be pillow fighting. Your threatening super powerful villain is no longer threatening when his fists have about the same effect on the hero as a pair of wet bagels might.

Also, just a reminder, since you're insisting on company wars, Zemo fucking won. He destroyed the Avengers and his plot ended up crippling one of their members for life.

Zod was a huge disappointment. No amount of blurry CGI destruction can make up for how underwhelming he was as an opponent for Clark.
>>
>>82592299
>Neither Clark nor Zod appear hurt or even remotely in trouble at any time
Say that to Zod's neck
>>
>>82592299
>our threatening super powerful villain is no longer threatening when his fists have about the same effect on the hero as a pair of wet bagels might.
That would be true if Zod was trying to just hurt Clark, but his plan was to inflict destruction on humanity and I'm pretty sure his actions deal some damage to humans.

>Zemo fucking won. He destroyed the Avengers and his plot ended up crippling one of their members for life.
Haven't seen it.

>Zod was a huge disappointment. No amount of blurry CGI destruction can make up for how underwhelming he was as an opponent for Clark.
I liked that elf that was so underwhelming Thor caught a tube to fight him and managed to have some quips on the way.
>>
>>82592441
>That would be true if Zod was trying to just hurt Clark, but his plan was to inflict destruction on humanity and I'm pretty sure his actions deal some damage to humans.

But we have no connection to those people, and they're not shown anyway, just implied. The final fight has no meat, it's just a vidya cutscene tier punchpunchpunchfest.

>I liked that elf that was so underwhelming Thor caught a tube to fight him and managed to have some quips on the way.

The what? I've only watched one Thor film, that was enough. If this guy so much as bloodied Thor's lip, though, he still did a better job as a villain than Absolutely No Threat Zod.
>>
>>82592643
>But we have no connection to those people, and they're not shown anyway, just implied. The final fight has no meat, it's just a vidya cutscene tier punchpunchpunchfest.
It plays on a mountain of 9/11 imagery, that doesn't make you feel?

>The what? I've only watched one Thor film, that was enough. If this guy so much as bloodied Thor's lip, though, he still did a better job as a villain than Absolutely No Threat Zod.
He didn't. Midfight Thor caught a London train as the villain just stood around, girls on the train eye fucked the actor for a few minutes before we got back to the fight. Kat Dennings character was making out with some dude next to the main fight.
>>
>>82590359
>Zack is a fucking hack

opinion discarded
>>
>>82581951
Of course not.
>>
>>82581951
Nope
>>
>>82581951
Did you like Justice League's first story arc in New 52? Causethat's thwat it is.

Thanks for nothing, Geoff Johns, and your shitty writing.
>>
>>82581951
No

Snyder should kill himself, or someone should kill him
>>
>>82581951
>Snyder
I fucking hope so.
>>
LOL
No.

It's going to be trash, shit load of terrible casting choices, the desperate attempts to make this a DEPP DARK nolan verse have all fallen flat(thanks executive director nolan)and snyder is trying way to hard to be like the big gay DEPTH shillers in media.

This is just...all going to be awful.

And both superman and ww and even lex are all just total write offs.

It's just... a bunch of rich tards all thinking they actually know what makes a movie good just because they work/are a part of/get money from something that just so happens to be in the movie business.
It's awful.
>>
>>82581951
They have NO audience goodwill
>>
>>82592845
Dude if Aquaman sticks a trident in Darkseids eye I'm going to be fucking stoked.
>>
>>82592749
>It plays on a mountain of 9/11 imagery, that doesn't make you feel?

I'm not even sure if this is sarcastic or not. People have been using this argument for real lately.

>Midfight Thor caught a London train as the villain just stood around, girls on the train eye fucked the actor for a few minutes before we got back to the fight.

As a Londoner, I can guarantee you that this was a life or death struggle for the Odinson.
>>
>>82591659
I find it strange how easily you can admit he's inarticulate in person but insist that suddenly behind the camera he turns into a genius.
Like, it's totally impossible that his inability to express himself intelligently could extend into his work.

Maybe stop trying to read between the lines and actually read what's written on them.
>>
>>82592299
Your double dubs compel me to point out that supposedly the tension in the Zod Clark fight is supposed to be derived from the stage damage, rather than the combatants themselves.
>>
>>82593030
>I'm not even sure if this is sarcastic or not. People have been using this argument for real lately.
I watched MoS over the weekend, so it's pretty fresh in the mind. It is legitimate, MoS recreates a bunch of 9/11 scenes to convey the type of destruction and human tragedy going on. This isn't surprising for a visual director such as Snyder.

>As a Londoner, I can guarantee you that this was a life or death struggle for the Odinson.
As a Londoner, I can tell you that he was on the wrong train and didn't seem to care too much. You need to swap to overground for Greenwich.
>>
>>82593292
>Your double dubs compel me to point out that supposedly the tension in the Zod Clark fight is supposed to be derived from the stage damage, rather than the combatants themselves.

That's genuinely stupid. We have no human connection to these ridiculous explosions and falling buildings. If there was some actual focus on Superman struggling to save visible people, yes, that would be good, but there isn't.

>>82593366
>I watched MoS over the weekend, so it's pretty fresh in the mind. It is legitimate, MoS recreates a bunch of 9/11 scenes to convey the type of destruction and human tragedy going on. This isn't surprising for a visual director such as Snyder.

See above. It's utterly devoid of emotional attachment. 9/11 is a terrible comparison, too, seeing as the most striking 9/11 imagery (the falling man, etc) generally involved people.

I feel no connection with buildings falling over.

>As a Londoner, I can tell you that he was on the wrong train and didn't seem to care too much. You need to swap to overground for Greenwich.

Hah. Well, can't expected 'murricans to care about that. They need to see a recognizable station name like Tower Hill or Charing Cross. Or, if they happen to browse /tg/, Mornington Crescent.
>>
>>82593674
I can only assume you don't remember the film. Zod was trying to laser a family when Superman killed him, how can you say:

> If there was some actual focus on Superman struggling to save visible people, yes, that would be good, but there isn't.
That was the entire climax of the film! You just described the major scene of the fight.

>seeing as the most striking 9/11 imagery (the falling man, etc) generally involved people.
There are people visibly being splattered on the floor by the world building engine. You can see them falling just like 9/11. You not remembering doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>82593792
>That was the entire climax of the film! You just described the major scene of the fight.

I think you mean "the last fifteen or so seconds of the fight." The rest of the sequence was entirely weightless punching and falling buildings.

>There are people visibly being splattered on the floor by the world building engine. You can see them falling just like 9/11. You not remembering doesn't mean it wasn't there.

I thought we were talking about the final fight, not the World Engine scene.

And we STILL have zero connection with these people. They're faraway blobs. Even the people we DO know, Perry and company, we don't really know, because the film doesn't bother to actually characterize or develop anyone, destroying what could have been a great scene via a total lack of emotional engagement.
>>
>>82585508
He will, but I think that the time he's coming from to deliver the message to Bruce there's a war going on and he can't be fucked shaving.
>>
>>82593941
Do you expect the film to build up a bunch of meaningless civilians so they can be leaning out of windows in the final fight? Could you point to any film that meets the requirements you have set here.

You described two scenes which would have personalized the story, I pointed out that both of your hypotheticals where actually in the movie. Now you move the goal posts.
>>
>>82582611
Both were in GoT
>>
>>82594055
>Do you expect the film to build up a bunch of meaningless civilians so they can be leaning out of windows in the final fight? Could you point to any film that meets the requirements you have set here.

No. But for fucks' sake actually show them throughout the final battle if that's meant to be the point. The entirety of the fight against Ultron was interspersed with the Avengers saving people from evil robutts. If they can do it, Superman can do it. If you're going to have the drama in a battle come from the hero defending innocents against the villain, you've gotta put that in throughout the sequence. It shouldn't be a footnote at the end that serves as an excuse for Snyder to get his murderboner on.

Perry, though, definitely should have been fleshed out. He's Perry fucking White.

No goalposts have been moved. You've just been consistently unable to understand what's wrong.
>>
>>82594055
You're the only one moving goalposts here.

You're literally extending the argument to an entirely different scene.
>>
>>82594225
>If you're going to have the drama in a battle come from the hero defending innocents against the villain, you've gotta put that in throughout the sequence. It shouldn't be a footnote at the end that serves as an excuse for Snyder to get his murderboner on.
But you can only say this if you ignore the multitude of scenes of people running through the streets and getting squashed. If you ignore the Daily Planet staff getting trapped and preparing for death before superman saves them. If you ignore the family being directly saved at the end. You can say "well that was the world engine and the end", but the part in the middle you refer too is less than 4 minutes long. 4 minutes it goes without showing people getting flattened and murdered and that is so you can focus on Supes vs Zod. We have scenes in the movie where he stops fighting in order to save people (helicopter crash vs Faora in smallville). One common criticism of the movie is that it doesn't care for human lives, you can't have that and say it doesn't show humans in peril.
>>
>>82594055
Nobody's saying every single civilian should be a fully developed character. But the actual named character the movie attempts to use as the emotional linchpin for a scene should be.
>>
>>82588764
>>82588792
This scene felt like one of those "Ok, it was a good trailer clip, but how the fuck are we actually going to put it in the movie" scenes.

And they went with "half-ass an excuse for Superman to be there half-way through the flick."
>>
>>82594418
But we had exactly this with the daily planet staff. We had developed characters in direct peril saved by superman.
>>
>>82594055
On end, nobody got emotionally involved with the Zod fight. Nobody talks about how intense it was, or what a engaging villain Zod was, because the whole thing consists of buildings turning into rubble every time either Superman or Zod so much as bat an eye. It completely failed to convey the importance of the depicted events in a way that made the audience care, and almost universally came under fire after release because of it.

In fact, that's a problem with everything Snyder makes. He builds up things to be grandiose and impacting, but he fails at giving them any weight. And all that's left is a nondescript blur of vague grittiness.
>>
>>82594397
>But you can only say this if you ignore the multitude of scenes of people running through the streets and getting squashed.

CGI people in the distance. Barely more than blobs. And part of a different scene to the one we're talking about.

>If you ignore the Daily Planet staff getting trapped and preparing for death before superman saves them.

Non-characters that actively detract from the scene by being so shallow and unmemorable. And part of a different sequence.

>If you ignore the family being directly saved at the end.

Literally the very end of the fight.

There should be tension throughout the entirety of an action sequence, anon. You can't make up for five minutes of boring nothingness by tacking on an extremely contrived Bioware tier moral choice at the end. You claim the tension in the sequence comes not from the battle between Superman and Zod, but Superman's attempt to save people from Zod, get over 95% of the fight focuses entirely on them punching each other.
>>
>>82594443
>Daily Planet staff
>developed

Don't be stupid.

When they turned up again in that scene most people in the audience were looking at each other in confusion, because they couldn't even remember who these non-characters were supposed to be.
>>
>>82594489
> nobody got emotionally involved with the Zod fight
I did, which disproves this odd notion that now everybody agrees Zod was not an engaging villain. This is a logical fallacy to simply default to "well the masses think this". How do you know this?

>CGI people in the distance. Barely more than blobs. And part of a different scene to the one we're talking about.
It was close up scenes, plenty of non-cgi. If you don't remember it, doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>Non-characters that actively detract from the scene by being so shallow and unmemorable. And part of a different sequence.
They were main supporting characters
>Literally the very end of the fight.
And Superman saving Louis is the other bookend. There are less than 4 minutes between the scenes.
>>
>>82594582
>most people in the audience were looking at each other in confusion
You know you are just making this up? People weren't looking around in confusion lol.
>>
>>82593674
That's why I said supposedly.
See, I have a long enough memory to remember two and a half years ago when the movie had just come out. People were going "Those buildings were empty! They already evacuated when the World Engine went off!"

Then the DVDS came out. And we could freeze frame and see people in the buildings. And Snyder said thousands died because destruction is serious bossiness

And all those people that were insisting it wasn't that bad? Within less than 72 hours, they switched their method of damage control, and now it's intentional and we're supposed to care about those nameless faceless NPCs that they were just insisting didn't exist.

Which is the main reason I can't take the Snyder movie defense force seriously. They're constantly retconning their arguments to make space for the next dumb thing that comes out of their idol's mouth.
>>
>>82594698
I can't prove it, but yeah, they were.

And it's not even their fault. Snyder completely failed to flesh any of those characters. He failed to really develop anyone but Zod in a meaningful sense, but all the secondary characters were a blurry miasma of nondescript grey.

They literally had no personalities. You knew who they were only in name, and even then, their introductions were so hurried that you couldn't really be blamed for forgetting them altogether.
>>
>>82594782
>I can't prove it, but yeah, they were.
Well in that case my audience members were standing and applauding, chanting superman with tears in their eyes.

>And it's not even their fault. Snyder completely failed to flesh any of those characters
Just to clarify. We are no longer discussing whether humans were shown in danger in the final arc. Now their value? Just need to make sure we are onto the next topic.
>>
Man of Steel is one of the best cape movies ever

If you disagree you are a degenerate autist
>>
>>82586220
Yeah, just watched it again. I think they're getting suspicious of me or recognizing me by now. I just throw off my voice and shake my face reality fast like the flash so they sunny know any better
>>
>>82594849
>Well in that case my audience members were standing and applauding, chanting superman with tears in their eyes.

At my theater, everyone started suffering strokes at the same time around that scene.

Then the literal Nazis who run the place started gassing all the jews.

Everyone else woke up 5 hours later missing a kidney.

Man of Steel is the worst movie.
>>
>>82595012
Oh man when the Nazi's entered my theatre Cavill skateboarded in and kicked their ass. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>82594849
>Well in that case my audience members were standing and applauding, chanting superman with tears in their eyes.

Christ you Snyderfags are petty.

>Just to clarify. We are no longer discussing whether humans were shown in danger in the final arc. Now their value? Just need to make sure we are onto the next topic.

You're the one who moved this discussion to a totally separate scene about different stuff. Yes, if you bring up something in a different scene as a healing balm for the scene being initially discussed, then people are going to start discussing that scene and its specific problems too.
>>
>>82595039
We were trying to summon Cavill, but the guy 3 rows back made a mistake and we ended up getting Ryan Reynolds dancing and shouting "UPVOTE IT REDDIT STYLE"
>>
>>82595048
>Christ you Snyderfags are petty.
You simply made up a story so I did the same.

>You're the one who moved this discussion to a totally separate scene about different stuff
Nope. See
>>82592643
>But we have no connection to those people
That's where goal posts are moved. You can just scroll up to see. Sorry friend.
>>
>>82594849
>Just to clarify. We are no longer discussing whether humans were shown in danger in the final arc. Now their value? Just need to make sure we are onto the next topic.

Kek.

>"Hey anons here's why this bit was good!"
>"That's bullshit for [above] reasons."
>"But look at this other bit, that bit is different!"
>"Yeah and that bit was shit too, for other reasons."
>"S-stop changing the subject!"

Go to bed, your brain is clearly overheating.
>>
>>82595070
That's nothing! Tom Hardy was in my theater shouting about crashing this premier with no survivors & Woo Doggie, that fire rised that night!
>>
>>82593674
>That's genuinely stupid. We have no human connection to these ridiculous explosions and falling buildings. If there was some actual focus on Superman struggling to save visible people, yes, that would be good, but there isn't.

The thing with perry white jenny olson(was that her name)and random guy from the office was actually that.
It was also one of the best portions of the film.

At that moment, after I saw that, the opening of BvS with bruce in the car and the quite honestly hollow attempts at making clark DEEP and HEROIC I realized something.

Dude should have been given batman. Superman is not his thing and that human falliable thing amongst destruction and loss?

That's one of the only three things he's good at as a director.
The other two are big flashy dumb action scenes that would go over better if people were actually put in danger or truly hurt, and trailer bait.
>>
>>82595132
>That's where goal posts are moved.

No it's not you fucking moron.

You can form a good enough connection to an extra in less than a minute, so long as they're not a blurry CGI speck and their predicament is handled with the appropriate atmosphere and tension.

This is an entirely separate issue from that of the actual named characters who appear in the World Engine scene, who are re-introduced in a jarring fashion and are exceptionally underfleshed for being actual secondary characters rather than extras.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>82595136
Ah yes, "kek" and "go to bed". Throw in a greentext retelling of how things went down in your head.

Do you still want to discuss whether the civilians in MoS were:
>they're not shown anyway, just implied
That is the original statement that I took issue with, now it's not that they weren't shown. But that:
> Snyder completely failed to flesh any of those characters

Just confirming that you are moving on from "there weren't people there". To, "there were people there, but they weren't fleshed out enough".
>>
>>82595244
So your complaint lies with the 4 minute fight bookended by superman saving Louis and superman saving the family?

Just checking.
>>
>>82595267
You're talking about different segments of the film and pretending they're the same. You're even treating people's arguments about different scenes as arguments about the same scene.

You're the only one reinventing how things went down, anon.
>>
>>82595323
>You're talking about different segments of the film and pretending they're the same
So you want to focus on a 4 minute segment of the film? Bookended by clear examples of the things you are complaining about.
>>
>>82595295
We've been over this already.

Your argument was, originally, that the tension throughout the entire fight comes not from whether Superman can defeat Zod or whether one is winning/losing/struggling, but in seeing Superman trying to save people from Zod.

However, the only point where saving anyone is the focus is after Superman has won and has Zod in a headlock, and the tension is gone. The entire body of the fight is them CGI punching each other through massive falling CGI buildings.

You don't get to have an action sequence be 99% punching and then say "oh actually the focus was seeing one character defending people from the other."
>>
>>82595383
YOU STARTED THIS TALKING ABOUT THOSE FOUR MINUTES.

This entire discussion sprang from the claim that the tension specifically in the fight between Clark and Zod came from seeing Superman defending people from Zod.

There is no focus on this until the fight is over.

Give up. You don't even seem to recall what you're arguing anymore.
>>
>>82594870
its a terrible movie
>>
>>82595429
>Your argument was, originally, that the tension throughout the entire fight comes not from whether Superman can defeat Zod or whether one is winning/losing/struggling, but in seeing Superman trying to save people from Zod.
My original line was:
>The villain actually did some real fucking damage [and this is where the tension comes from]
Zod exists for more than just the 4 minute battle. Even in that 4 minute battle we stop for two speeches and then have the final kill scene. If you remove them you are truly talking about a very small amount of time where Zod wasn't shown actively obliterating people (and in that time he is destroying the city).

>You don't get to have an action sequence be 99% punching
This sequence you are focusing on is not only not 99% punching (we have the 'you took my soul' and 'where did you learn to fight, a farm' speeches as well as the kill scene). It's an exaggeration to imply there was some dragon ball z 20 minute fight going on.
>>
>>82595495
I said that
>The villain actually did some real fucking damage
When I was told there was no people to be saved. I pointed to the family, to Louis, to Perry White and the daily staff planet. Now, they weren't in a 4 minute fight scene, is that the only point of the film you are referring to?
>>
>>82595683
This is what you said after an anon pointed out that the final fight in MoS was weightless and without threat:

>>82592441
>That would be true if Zod was trying to just hurt Clark, but his plan was to inflict destruction on humanity and I'm pretty sure his actions deal some damage to humans.

The point brought up after this was that, during the final fight, there was no sign of that. Yes, we know, that Zod will smack up lots of humans if Superman loses. But Superman never seems in danger of losing, and neither of them appear to really be hurting each other, so there's no tension there.

Then supposedly the tension must come from Superman actually saving people from Zod. But there is no focus on this. The only time they stop superpunching each other, it's so Zod can gloat about how much better a fighter he is... which he then proceeds to not show at all, with Supes defeating him pretty handily.

The only time we get any focus on Superman saving people from Zod is after the fight ends, the music dies down, and it is telegraphed in every way possible to the audience that the actual 'struggle' is over.
>>
>>82595959
>This is what you said after an anon pointed out that the final fight in MoS was weightless and without threat:
It was my first line in this thread anon. It wasn't after anything.

>The point brought up after this was that, during the final fight, there was no sign of that.
My point here is that is only true if you refer to the final fight as simply the 4 minute punch up, of which contained 3 pivotal non-fight scenes. You have to wilfully ignore everything that was built up with the world engine. Even then, and now we are talking in loops, is the 9/11 imagery not THE sign of human destruction in the american mind?

>Supes defeating him pretty handily.
He was getting belted the entire time and turned it on descent from the space station, landing in a neck hold.

>The only time we get any focus on Superman saving people from Zod is after the fight ends, the music dies down, and it is telegraphed in every way possible to the audience that the actual 'struggle' is over.
So for me the gap between this moment and Louis being saved is on screen 4 minutes. In that time we witness the city being obliterated.
>>
>>82596099
>It was my first line in this thread anon. It wasn't after anything.

It was definitely after what that anon said, seeing as it was a response there.

>My point here is that is only true if you refer to the final fight as simply the 4 minute punch up, of which contained 3 pivotal non-fight scenes.

That's what was brought up.

>is the 9/11 imagery not THE sign of human destruction in the american mind?

Perhaps. It does absolutely nothing for me, and it's heavily oversaturated these days. Furthermore, it still lacks any emotional connection.

>He was getting belted the entire time and turned it on descent from the space station, landing in a neck hold.

Rewatch the fight. He and Zod are evenly matched pretty much the whole way through, until Supes gets him in a magic headlock.

>In that time we witness the city being obliterated.

In a tensionless fight scene where the protagonist appears to struggle not even slightly and there is no focus on anything else that would generate tension. The destruction of the city is just collateral, it's treated like an afterthought in the film.

That whole fight would be infinitely superior, and would actually work like you claim it does, if it simply had Superman get hurt and be put at a disadvantage because he's constantly having to shield people from Zod. No point in the fight is pivotal, by the way, because no point swings it one way or another. Even after Zod gets flight, the first thing that happens is Zod gets punched the fuck up by Superman.

Things as simple as Zod unleashing his heat vision liberally, and Supes taking the blast to save people - this would have injected some tension into the scene, and some personal threat into Zod (who, until this scene, has personally accomplished almost nothing. In his very first confrontation with Supes he gets creamed and has to be bailed out by his underlings).
>>
>>82596396
I think that is the difference.

>[9/11 imagery] does absolutely nothing for me

and

> The destruction of the city is just collateral

That's not how I saw it. Which would explain the difference. I mean, if the director set up some imagery to convey a meaning and one person is affected and another not, they are going to interpret it differently. For me, the fight was a culmination of everything that had built up. Zod was doing so much damage to everything around him that, for me, the entire fight was tense.
>>
>>82584144

>You can look up the transcript.

Help me with that, please.
>>
File: whedong2.jpg (61KB, 751x500px) Image search: [Google]
whedong2.jpg
61KB, 751x500px
>>82583683
Nolan's done with cape movies. He moves from genre to genre. He's only got a western, a spy thriller and a romcom left till he's done ticking all the boxes.

Personally I don't mind Zack. His movies are beautiful to look at and they have rewatch value
>>
File: batman punch.gif (685KB, 412x206px)
batman punch.gif
685KB, 412x206px
>>82587915
Here's an idea. Why don't you print out that Bingo table and then burn it down till its a mesh of ashes. After that swallow the ashes whole I know you've had practice swallowing :^) .
Now you are one with your shitpost. To complete the ritual and enter a state of eternal shilling and faggotry, drink bleach, slit your wrists and then then blow your own dick till you pass out. :)
>>
>>82581951
Well B vs SM was total shit so they have a lot of work to do if they don't wanna make another piece of shit.

Seriously that enormous budget got wasted like that, so fucking sad.
>>
>>82581951
BvS didn't improve on anything from MoS

Especially not on the "Lois Lane arriving into every important scene to explain things" thing

So no, I have no faith
>>
>>82582169
Personally, my main complaint is that there wasn't much of Superman at all throughout the movie.

It was more of everyone else reacting around him and treating him like the he WAS Jesus Christ reborn. Sure he does some stuff then and there, but given the length of the movie, it is few and far in between compared to what it should have been.
>>
>>82593220
idk man Andy Warhol was also completely incoherent in interviews. A lot of creative people are.
>>
>>82592176
its past your bedtime
>>
>>82592176
I mean you didnt even bother to acknowledge the context or continuity to the references. And yes references can be deep, language is just a system of reference. Hip hop, superhero comics, modern tv, all heavily use reference to tell their story. I mean hip hop is basically built on it, great stories like CoIE are referenced all the time (to varying degrees of success) and stories like Miracleman and Sandman rely on the use of reference and tropes for their themes. Why can't it work in a movie? I think it works pretty well and all the references play into the character arcs. Also there are just internal references like the funeral scenes that are better thought out than anything in the marvel movies.
>>
Will the DCEU even address the dead Robin? Can't see them doing Red Hood without making Bats a gigantic fucking hypocrite, but is he just going to be a brooding ass, well even more so than usual throughout the entirety of the DCEU because the Robin suit is always in his cave reminding him? Also was that a staff or axe he was wielding? Does that mean the dynamic duo were just fucking murdering every criminal in Gotham for years?
>>
>>82601716
>And yes references can be deep, language is just a system of reference.

Visual references are essentially just a way of establishing an atmosphere via recalling imagery the audience associates with a certain thing. There's nothing wrong with this, but it requires a powerful narrative to actually mean anything in the context of the story you're crafting. There is a lot of thematic imagery in Watchmen, or Evangelion... but this imagery is not there at expense of, or instead of, well developed characters or compelling plot points. It's an atmospheric tool, and, unfortunately, atmosphere falls flat when there is literally nothing else, or visual reference is the only thing being used to generate it.

>stories like Miracleman and Sandman rely on the use of reference and tropes for their themes

They do a lot more than just have the characters sit around in poses that look vaguely like they're taken from some Biblical source. Pretty much nothing in Sandman or Miracleman is that obvious or gauche.
>>
>>82581951
I'll be fine with it but it will be bad for /co/ and the mass, I guess?
>>
>>82589082
We don't nesecarily want marvel style DC movies we just want a good movie and if quipsis the only way to do that we will take quips

Because frankly most styles would be better then what we are getting
>>
They should team up.
>>
>>82581951
Given that it's a collection of some of the most sociopathic murderers in movies, sure, I think it'll be good in a "brutal scene where they take down lots of mooks" way.
>>
At the very least they can't possibly ignore aquaman like they normaly do
>>
>>82592774
fuck off Zack
>>
Whenever are we getting this photo of the whole team in costume?
>>
>>82604085
July comic con 100%
>>
>>82603729
I feel like this would just result in Snyder killing Whedon.

So yes, they should team up.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.