[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Comics/creators that went from top ten to not mentioned at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: sexcriminals-covers-1.jpg (145KB, 1788x900px) Image search: [Google]
sexcriminals-covers-1.jpg
145KB, 1788x900px
Sex Criminals
>>
File: 1441.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1441.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
I used to follow this comic for a while but it's so fucking shit I stopped, it's literally gross out or body humor the comicseries, anything with the word sex in it is guaranteed to have either of those.

It's also liberal propaganda
>>
>>82501035
>Time magazine honored Sex Criminals as the #1 comic series/graphic novel of 2013

Not only that but it continues to sell obscenely well. Not Walking Dead well, but really the only other book that sells Walking Dead numbers is...well, Walking Dead.
>>
>>82501122
>it's literally gross out or body humor the comicseries

You clearly haven't read it.
>>
File: 305.jpg (34KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
34KB, 500x490px
>mfw waiting for the third tpb to finally come out
>>
>>82501122
Just shut the fuck up and go get laid. Or at least read the comic you're shit talking.
>>
>>82501755
Its selling okay but for all the hype it gets I don't even think its in Image's top ten selling books
>>
It's really good. So good that it got Chip more work in the industry and now he's too busy to get it done at a consistent pace. Same goes for Matt who's dealing with his TV production deal with Kelly Sue. They're just really busy so the book is going to take literally for fucking ever to get anywhere. It'll get adapted into a TV show before they finish it, mark my words.
>>
>>82501793
Issue 14 got delayed to hell and when it finally came out it chose to forgo certain scenes in favor of meta jokes, (Issue 15 did this as well) and it really pissed me off. As of right now I plan on dropping the series until it is over so I can read it all in one go.
>>
File: 1439603244619.png (82KB, 370x343px) Image search: [Google]
1439603244619.png
82KB, 370x343px
>>82501950
>Matt who's dealing with his TV production deal with Kelly Sue
So their image books are basically tv pitches
>>
Sex Criminals really falls apart around the point where they frame it as if there won't be any more heists and there's no sex police. I can't say if they changed back into making it interesting as I dropped it once it became focused on the guy who blamed everything on his mental illnesses rather than Susie. It's a shame that they could flub it so quickly.
>>
>>82502015
Yeah it's happening more and more lately with Image creators. Scott Snyder sold Wytches and Jeff Lemire sold Descender right when they were first released. They're like pilots and we're still buying them.
>>
I'm interested to see where it goes despite the slow-ass pace. It's kinda bugging me that they're deliberately using meta humor over panels rather than telling the story through them.
>>
Fraction is a meme writer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.