[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battleborn intro animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: intro.png (1MB, 1773x959px) Image search: [Google]
intro.png
1MB, 1773x959px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkjssDddth8

Skip to 2:00

Was this a Japanese company that did this animating? I recall there being at least one that had this sort of style but for the life of me I can't remember.
>>
Wow, that was lackluster. Should've just used the in-game models instead.
>>
>>82430682
It looked pretty to me.
>>
>>82430006
Gods that music was noxious
>>
I'm getting a Titmouse vibe from this.
>>
The animation kind of looked like they didn't know what inbetweens are.

And was that Del the Funky Homosapien? Kind of... disappointing.
>>
>>82430006
Why is the only action animation we're getting anymore all video game intros and cutscenes and promotions?
>>
>>82431408
Yeah, sounded like Del.
>>
>>82430006
The animation is Japanese-inspired, but I doubt it was done by Japanese animators. It looks like a the work of web animators.
>>
File: 1430406865494.gif (427KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
1430406865494.gif
427KB, 500x274px
>>82430006
>Deltron 3030
Yiss
>>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/julien-chheng-60918923

Found the profile of someone who worked on the intro sequence. Looks like it was done at a French animation studio.
>>
>>82430006
Quick Question:

Were there a lot of Black people involved in this project?

I ask because for some reason, this visual aesthetic seems to be very popular in the black community when it comes to styles of animation.
>>
>>82435620
Well, it is a French production...
>>
>>82435645
So French people who think the best way to make a game sell to the US is to make some half assed hip-hop thing?
>>
>>82435673
He meant France is full of black people, I think.
>>
>>82435695
Really?

Quick... someone call /pol/ -- they will know what to do!
>>
>>82431023

That's because you're a part of the marketing crew.
>>
>>82430682
Lackluster is the right word. Lacked impact, direction and focus event though the visuals were like, alright mostly and pretty good in places.

So many characters involved, and the ones they're trying to push as the main characters don't even have that much appeal. Fuckin' Mellka.
>>
>>82435620
>Were there a lot of Black people involved in this project?

because of the use of hip hop?

pretty sure the animation you are referring to are made by white people that use black characters/hip hop music.
>>
>>82435707

>Quick... someone call /pol/ -- they will know what to do!

>said /pol/

we don't even know if it was actually a black person deciding the choice of music and aesthetic.
>>
File: Captura.jpg (72KB, 1229x651px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
72KB, 1229x651px
>>82430006

This looks european
>>
File: 1458545022184.png (193KB, 382x268px) Image search: [Google]
1458545022184.png
193KB, 382x268px
>>82430006
this is fanmade, right...?
>>
You are thinking of MTV's Liquid Television OP.

Think Aeon Flux.
>>
>>82435620
If nothing else, it's very tumblr.

All the big leaders of the factions are either women and/or black with the main bad guy being an astoundingly white dude.
>>
>>82430006
It looks like shit, like a student project compared to how based and great Overwatch animated shorts were. There is noway Battleborn will survive Overwatch, it's just a superior game with better aesthetic and lore. I just pre-ordered it after playing a few hours of the beta and having a blast !
>>
>>82440211
Wow! Should I preorder the Special Edition™ immediately?!

Overwatch is fun, but that really sounds like advertising, man.
>>
>>82430006
>dat horrible audio
Couldn't even sit through the whole thing
>>
looks straight outta titmouse bro
>>
The in game cinematic don't look much different.
>>
>>82430006
It was pretty and kinda cool, but like >>82431408
said, it's like they left out a lot of in betweens. The animation felt really floaty too, like they kinda just drifted off of each other rather than making contact. Idk, it's not like I could do better, but still.
>>
>>82440497
Speaking as someone who loathes Overwatch, that shill is right. Its going to fucking destroy Battleborn, its been focus-tested for wider appeal. Its evident in the respective movies, no one is going to pick that confusing shit in OP over the Overwatch cinematics
>>
So, it's the Wu Lin Warriors intro.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.