[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never mind all the SJW talk about their needing to be female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

Never mind all the SJW talk about their needing to be female representation and all that malarkey; why WOULDN'T you want a solo Black Widow movie? Of all the characters that haven't had solo films in the MCU yet Natasha seems to be the one with the most potential for expanding into an origin story. Hell they can have it go full Sterenko's Nick Fury with trippy visual and 60's era spy film stuff. Have Clint tag along since he has had even less development in the movies then Natasha
>>
>>82380096
Only if she winds up fighting a bunch of Soviet super villains like Titanium Man and whatnot.
>>
>>82380096
If it's an origin story set before Iron Man, I'm all for it. I can't imagine it being very good if it's a solo adventure set in present day. Nothing like that I've read the character in has impressed me much. A prequel on the other hand, offers a lot of opportunities.
>>
Welp, im russian and its likely gonna be another "evil ruskies" story, so pls no
>>
>>82380167
In today's international-market driven storylines?
Nobody will be a badguy. Not even russians, or chinese, nobody. I mean for fuck's sake, Captain America didnt even fight Nazi scum, he fought Hydra.

In a few years, the past will be a nice washed-out blandscape where no one did anything bad.
>>
I'm more for the films that actually add another corner to the Marvel U. For example, GOTG gave us cosmic. Ant-Man showed gives us the world of Pym Particles. Dr. Strange gives magic, Black Panther Wakanda, and Captain Marvel would probably give us more insights on the Kree.

With Black Widow, she doesn't really add what we already know. Girl who was experimented on and turned out evil but then turned good? That's pretty similar to Wolverine. Captain America already covered a lot of the espionage stuff. So what does Widow add that the other characters don't?
>>
>>82380096
ScarJo is boring

Widow is boring and they defined her by making her a slut
>>
She's a shit character.
Given her fighting style in MCU, her fight scenes will suck.
Nothing about her setting is exciting. If I wanted more spyshit, I'd rewatch James Bond movies or even Kingsman
>>
Black Window sucks. The movie would flop
>>
>>82380096
>why WOULDN'T you want a solo Black Widow movie
Because she's been boring in every appearance but one, Winter Soldier

If the Russos were to make it, maybe I'd see it. But otherwise no.
>>
>>82380096
Movies made her seem like a Russian femme fatale cliche and ScarJo always seems bored as the character.
>>
File: 1433481802925.jpg (2MB, 2149x3035px) Image search: [Google]
1433481802925.jpg
2MB, 2149x3035px
ScarJo is kind of boring and a mediocre actress, which is also the prime reason I'm not interested in seeing the GitS live action.

I'd rather have a Scarlett Witch movie with Lizzy O.
>>
>>82380363
you cant do a scarlet witch movie without the brotherhood of evil mutants
>>
>>82380096

I would (maybe a prequel showing her as a Leviathan agent, Hawkeye being sent after her, and then teaming up at the end) and get mad that they keep giving ScarJo action heroine movies (like Lucy and GitS) and not a Black Widow movie as if it wouldn't sell better than a new and retarded IP or anime movie no one wants
>>
File: hugs.png (360KB, 794x667px) Image search: [Google]
hugs.png
360KB, 794x667px
>>82380394
I know, I know. I'm just saying that she's clearly superior.

If you really need to make a Black Widow movie, have Cap tag along.

The only times ScarJo seems like she's actually giving a shit is when she's interacting with Evans because they're bros in real life.
>>
>>82380290
>or even Kingsman
I did not expect to love that film as much as I do.
>>
>>82380222
Why russians and chinese shoud be bad guys?
>>
>>82380243
Why is Eastern European espionage network not an interesting corner of the Marvel Universe to explore? I don't get your logic.
> Captain America already covered a lot of the espionage stuff.
You mean one movie's worth of SHIELD/HYDRA in Washington DC? That's barely scratching the surface.
>>
>>82380827
Name some interesting threats for Black Widow to fight. Yelena wouldn't be a good one cause it's another case of villain being exactly like hero.
>>
>>82380827
>Why is Eastern European espionage network not an interesting corner of the Marvel Universe to explore?
Because it's boring.
We want super heroes. Not James Bond.
>>
>>82380975
>Yelena
Hey! That's my sister's name!

What's she like?
>>
>>82381044
Blonde. Midriff. Dead.
>>
>>82380096
Because

Movies are not allowed to talk about other countries as bad guys since they're paying for tickets
It would be another goddamn origin story movie
It would play out like a Captain America movie
She has already been fleshed out in her other movie roles
Prequels suck
>>
>>82380096
I am not sure how can you milk a full feature movie about Black Widow and I don't want it to be with ScarJo as a lead.
>>
>>82380096
Action movies with female leads don't sell as well as Hollywood hopes. That's it.
>>
File: 13727630-833297.jpg (112KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
13727630-833297.jpg
112KB, 780x1170px
>>82380096
To be honest, we already had a pretty good Natasha Romanova spy movie
>>
>>82381359

The Resident Evil and Underworld movies do breddy gud for franchises that should be long dead at this point.

All those YA series adaptations that star women do damn well.

The Kill Bill movies did GREAT.

The issue with the "female superheroes don't sell!" argument is every female-lead superhero movie has been complete shit, there were extenuating circumstances for them beyond starring a woman. If every cape movie starring a man were on the level of Supergirl, Catwoman or Elektra then they sure as shit would flop too.
>>
>>82380096
MCU Black Widow is awful. S. Johannsen is awful.
We've already seen ScarJo attempt to carry a solo superhero flick (Lucy); it wasn't pretty.
>>
>>82381472

That movie is pretty underrated honestly. It's deeply stupid on a screenplay level, but for a Bourne clone starring a woman it's pretty entertaining and actually copies the correct parts of the Bourne franchise that work.
>>
I would, but no one would like it.

I'd make it about Yelena Belova
>>
>>82380484
Period appropriate villains. Even if you think everyone was an asshole at some point, some were bigger assholes at certain points of history compared to others.
>>
>>82381473
Terrible analogy. NONE of the successful franchises you mentioned were capeshit.
>>
>>82381950
>moving goalposts
>>
>>82382006
The goalposts weren't in the same stadium to begin with. Female-lead action movies =/= female superhero comic adaptations.
>>
>>82381950
The Bride was a ninja and ninjas are superheroes
>>
>>82381473
Read again what I said, they don't sell as well as Hollywood HOPES. A BW wouldn't sell the way they'd want it to.
>>
>>82380484
Communism
>>
>>82382177
Only to us, anon. That said, Kill Bill would have made a great graphic novel.
>>
>>82382086
>Female-lead action movies
Both female leads in Underworld and Resident Evil movies have or gain superhuman powers to fight a great evil. Just because they are Horror themeed doesn't make them no different than any superhero movie
>>
>>82382228
>Only to us
>Implying Naruto isn't capeshit through and through
>>
>>82382282
I said
>female superhero comic adaptations (capeshit)

Not "chick with powers" movies.
>>
>>82382485
The original post was
>>82381359
>Action movies with female leads don't sell as well as Hollywood hopes. That's it.

Now you are say you mean female superhero comic adaptations (capeshit) which is
>moving goalposts

Superhero movies are Action movies whether you like them or not.
>>
>>82382561
The original post wasn't mine. And if you think Superhero movies are action movies, then why not just them in with drama/comedy/romance/horror/sci-fi too?
Let it go, Anon.
>>
>>82382485
We don't really know that since we haven't had any good female led cape movies. Only ones I can think of are Catwoman and Electra and having a female lead wasn't what made those movies terrible.
Take Jessica Jones. The show had very high ratings.
>>
>>82382220
>Communism
>bad
>>
>>82380096
If she ever gets a movie, it needs to be a MGS style single mission movie. With flashbacks maybe.

>Nick Fury has been taken hostage by NOT HYDRA
>Cap wants to just storm their location but Widow convinces him that a stealth approach is better and that's her specialty
>Between takedowns of random guards and patrols, there's flashbacks of her past. Being recruited by Fury, etc.
>She finally gets to Fury, he's dying of course
>Some conspiracy shit, another mission within the mission stuff happens
>Now they have to escape, maybe face Metal Gear or the stolen Stark Tech equivalent
>Maybe Fury is dead by this point. Widow signals Cap to secure the base. The End.

Short, simple and sweet. Doesn't need a 100m+ budget
>>
>>82383231

Honestly, I'd just get Christopher MacQuarrie to direct it after he's done with Mission Impossible 6 and let him go buck-wild.

Ilsa in Rogue Nation was a 10/10 Black Widow.
>>
>>82382740
Well, yes.
>>
>>82380484
Order 227, Ukrainian famine, Iron Curtain, KGB assassinations, Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, funding terrorists inside countries (like mine), etc
You can pretend you are not a villain in others' eyes, but Russia and the US being what they are will always be a villain in someone's eyes.
>>
>>82380096
>why WOULDN'T you want a solo Black Widow movie?
I wouldn't want a Black Widow movie if the director was known to suck.
>>
>>82380096
Because she's not interesting on her own. Because Scarjo can't act.

And I'm sure without even reading this thread that others have already expressed the same belief.
>>
>>82380096
Because it'd be a generic spy movie, and the movies are so concerned with making her be their representative of the entire female gender that they refuse to touch on her moral sketchiness.
>>
>>82380243
>Captain Marvel would probably give us more insights on the Kree.
So in other words, cosmic. Something that GotG already gave us.

On other words, Captain Marvel is redundant.
>>
>>82380096
>Hell they can have it go full Sterenko's Nick Fury with trippy visual and 60's era spy film stuff.

>implying Marvel would ever have one of their movies stand out from the rest in any way possible

Even fucking Doctor Strange seems boring as shit to look at.
>>
>>82383465
The movie comes out between the two infinity war movies. That's a good time to expand the cosmic stuff.
>>
>>82380827

Does "Eastern European espionage network" scream 'superhero movie' to you?
>>
>>82383465
>Captain Marvel
What? No. There's never enough cosmic. Phase 5 should consist only of Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Warlock, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Genis-Vell, Guardians 3000, Galactic Guardians, Venom: Spaceknight, Killraven, Starbrand, Man-Wolf, Monark Starstalker, etc. Just make everything cosmic.
>>
File: 1508311.jpg (146KB, 664x664px) Image search: [Google]
1508311.jpg
146KB, 664x664px
No.
>>
Disney movies fucking suck why do you want to watch them?
>>
>>82380096
Natasha isn't a superhero, she's a spy. A really good one, but still just a spy. When I go see a marvel movie, I don't want to watch a spy movie, I want to watch a superhero movie.
>>
>>82387724
I like that you're on a first name biases with a fictional funnybook character
>>
>wanting another ScarJo led bland action movie
no thanks
>>
>>82387806
How do you call them? By their codename, like a fucking casual?
>>
>>82387507
There is no point to Marvel Cosmic cause Star Wars.
>>
>>82380096
I have not read anything with her. I think she lacks super powers so her movie would be just a regular spy thriller with a redhead Russian. Im also allergic to cold war stuff and greek mythology due to overexposure
>>
>>82387929
This is like saying there is no point to the MCU because of X-Men
>>
>>82380096
>>82388020
also I feel like she is one of those peripheral characters who work better as side characters instead of the main focus. even spy wise I would be more hyped for executive assistant iris
>>
>>82387929
>Star Wars
kek. star wars is far from taking over
>>
>>82380096
Honestly?
Because she's my least favorite Avenger by a country mile. She never does anything interesting and feels totally superfluous to the team.
The only cool shit she's done is tricking Loki and being a chill sidekick in Winter Soldier.

If it's a Nat/Hawkeye buddy spy movie set back when they were an item, I'd jump on that, but she can't carry a film on her own (MAYBE unless it was done by based Russos, since they actually know how to write her).
>>
>>82380484

China can't be bad guys because they'll ban the movie and they're a huge market.
>>
>>82380096
I want one, SPECIALLY if it a prequel set in the Cold War
I mean, most people just say no because she is 'the most boring of the Avengers', but really, that's because of the setting more than because that's how she is, I mean, in a spy movie, she would be the best
But I guess it would be all about execution, and honestly I don't like Scarlett Johanson in the role, but whatever, all they need is to make it different from other movies and good
Also no quips
>>
I honestly wish there were more MCU films per year. I know we've gone from 2 films every 3 years to 3 films yearly, but a massive amount of comics come out all the time. Why can't they put things like Black Widow and Ghost Rider between all the other planned films?
>>
>>82390592
>prequel set in the Cold War

I'd say no because she'd be around 7 years old in 1990.
>>
>>82390730
>I'd say no because she'd be around 7 years old in 1990.
So?
You know how Black Widow's backstory goes, right?
>>
>>82390834
No I didn't know she was a time traveler but if so, nevermind.
>>
>>82390864
she could be born way before that, her aging process is really slow
>>
>>82390941
They already said she was born in the 80s in the MCU. She doesn't have her comic book origin.
>>
>>82391035
They can retcon that, they can say it is a fake identity, you know, interesting stuff you could only do on a standalone film
>>
>>82391118
Its still too late for her. She works as aside character, her best arcs have her as a supporting.
Its a shame when a first time spy like Dick in Grayson is better written then her.
>>
>>82391230
Which a good standalone movie could fix
Really, she's not great in the MCU, that needs to change
>>
>>82391342
Giving a character a movie doesn't magically make them interesting.
>>
>>82391366
If the movie is good, yeah
remember Ant-Man
>>
>>82391366
He said a good movie. Cap 2 could have easily been AoU-tier with the unnecessary humor.
>>
File: 1439758010083.gif (369KB, 200x178px) Image search: [Google]
1439758010083.gif
369KB, 200x178px
>>82380096
>Hell they can have it go full Sterenko's Nick Fury with trippy visual and 60's era spy film stuff
...Wow. Six years and you're the first person to provide any suggestion that would get me remotely interested in the sound of a Black Widow movie. Well done.
>>
>>82380096
Because Captain Marvel is a better option on all fronts.
>>
>>82385687
>He didn't watch the interview
>>
>>82380096
ScarJo is not lead actress material.
>>
File: 220px-Kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg (26KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg
26KB, 220x326px
>>82380222
>In today's international-market driven storylines?
>Nobody will be a badguy. Not even russians, or chinese, nobody.
>>
>>82383465
Captain Marvel isn't a pure cosmic franchise. It's a bridge between cosmic & Earth, has been since Mar-Vell. So still a different niche from GotG, since Gunn makes it a point to keep them as far divorced from the rest as possible.
And even if it wasn't, what >>82387507 said. Cosmic >>>>> everything else >>>>>> espionage/military/Tales-of-Suspense holdovers. Damn fucking straight they should give us more.
>>
>>82380096
Because she has never worked as a solo hero, I mean we have gotten minis on her since forever, but her strenght is in being a support character, If it was a team movie with Clint and Natasha it could probably work
>>
>>82392483
>Because she has never worked as a solo hero
But she has
>>
>>82380096
Boring character. I mean, Bond-esque spy movie could be intresting, but thats not exaclty in tone with MCU. Over-the-top story with evil ruskies doesn't seem very much in tone too.
I would prefer them to get rid of her and introduce Captain Marvel or She-Hulk or someone else already.
>Hell they can have it go full Sterenko's Nick Fury with trippy visual and 60's era spy film stuff
They will be taking a huge risk doing something so out of touch with rest of the universe.
>Have Clint tag along since he has had even less development in the movies then Natasha
Both Clint and Natasha would be better as some kind of tv shows, i dunno.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.