[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ENDTOWN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 536
Thread images: 79

File: 7 YEARS.gif (194KB, 600x613px) Image search: [Google]
7 YEARS.gif
194KB, 600x613px
I DID IT! I FUCKING FINALLY DID IT! 7 YEARS WORTH OF STRIPS IN THREE FUCKING DAYS!

Surviving on nothing but Latin Ska music and sweet tea, I fucking went through it all. Flask, Sara, even fucking Jackrabbit! I fuckin' stared it all in the face and it blinked back at me baby! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!
i am god
>>
I wanted to do the same after seeing that strip posted here and checking it out. I didn't, but congratulations.
>>
>>82314501

I did the same thing

Its not that crazy
>>
>>82314501
I remember doing that.
>See thread "Damn furfag shit", repeat for weeks
>Eventually read a few comics "Dis is some good shit"
I then realized in a way I was lucky to not have read it before, there was no wait, years upon years was ready to be read.
>>
>>82314501
>>three days
Only took me 2, plebe.
>>
>>82315220
Some people like to read slowly an digest every tiny detail. Aaron did not work so hard so you can just jump forward without paying attention to his art.
>>
>>82314501
Don't worry, what you experience is a harmless symptom of simple overexposion to motion blur.
>>
>>82314501

Better than me, I caught a storytime of the first chapter and immediately forgot about it. I thought it was the ending!

Then I read it backwards, just hitting back page for every page because I couldn't bother to find a starting point.
>>
File: 1461337898132.gif (359KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
1461337898132.gif
359KB, 900x919px
>>82314501

It looks like he loses his human features as he went on. I suppose mutation is slower preWW3 as mutation is more instantaneous then.

I still think the tail head is a metaphor for him talking out his ass or something.
>>
>>82314923
I had the same thing. I've seen so much garbage with cute animal people that I didn't think it's be good. Because let's be honest, damn near every furfag that makes a webcomic ends up with a mediocre-at-best mess that's just a regular comic plus anthro's. And in isolated pages, the comic can look weird and low-quality. I remember the tiny pic size being a problem for me, too.

It wasn't until someone said that the mutations are a central theme throughout the comic that I started reading it. I figured I'd just give it a go. I used to read tons of crappy webcomics, so why not this one?

The first few pages are a little rough, but once Albert and Gustine get going on their trip it really kicks off.

What really strikes me about this comic is that it's a real pageturner. I'm used to webcomics meandering along with completely meaningless exchanges for weeks on end, even good ones. That's usually enough to stop me from reading them.

Endtown has very little dead space like that. It keeps moving. There's always a mystery to be solved, or important events unfolding. I also like how it takes charge of its subject matter. The characters in Endtown aren't genre-blind.

But man, what a ride. 4chan wasn't wrong when they said this comic brings the feels, as much as I loathe that way of describing things. When you see the cute animal people, you don't expect post-apocalyptic body horror. But this shit right here is like David Cronenberg got to do a saturday morning cartoon.

One thing I find to be interesting: Everyone is crazy. People tend to forget this about post-apocalyptic settings, but these people survived the end of the world, only to end up in a world where either everyone is a mutant, or a dehumanized asshole in a sandwich bag. They all have massive PTSD. It's pretty refreshing, compared to all the gung-ho zombie-killing bullshit.

Also, Jim going crazy was pretty intense.
>>
So here's what I think'll happen... Holly's gonna go freakomatic, catch a bad dose of whatever ethereal thing entered Jim's head - worse than Jim had it because Holly's gone madder - and Wally's gonna be put on the spot to put the new demonic avatar down.

But he's not going to do it.

HollyGod is going to get away.

We still have almost eight months to go of Holly and Wally's arc. Most of those eight months are going to be Wally tracking her down as she wreaks havoc, and finally being presented with another opportunity to kill her - but he's going to save her instead, or at least her soul. And it's gonna turn out he wouldn't have been able to save her if he'd just killed her at the start because reasons.

But he is going to save her, though they might not both be alive afterwards - some of the concept stuff Aaron has produced for the later part of their story has a very unreal and "afterlife" kind of feeling to it for me...

Admittedly I'm probably barking up the wrong tree and most of my "they're prolly gonna diiiee" stuff comes from the feeling that since this is The Ballad of Wally and Holly, it's probably gonna end up how a lot of ballads about lovers do... either they die together or one dies and the other pines to death...
>>
>>82314501

So we had the feeling that Holly was playing as Lyn in the flashback given that he was aware of Wally and company despite the anachronism. Is Holly still in there or did she switch over after becoming a fishmonger?
>>
>>82317291
At this point, it's impossible to tell where Holly is. No doubt there's some point to Lyn being able to see Wally. He doesn't seem to have a reaction to Kirbee, though. He was staring straight at Wally both times.

Who names their kid Wally when their last name is Wallechinsky, though? Seriously.
>>
>>82317357
I got the impression that the alliterative names are a Neitherlandian cultural thing.

Speaking of which, has "Neitherland" ever been explained? I've just been assuming that it's a country which covers the whole of North America - not the US, not Canada, it's neither land.
>>
I am at the weird state were I keep up with updates but haven't read the first 90% of the comic.
>>
>>82317399
Dooooo iiiiiit.
>>
>>82314501

i feel that this is all somehow kirbee's fault
>>
>>82317377
Yeah, in the post-apocalypse setting you could still believe it was our world that went to shit, but with these flashbacks it's very clearly a 1950's Fallout-esque retrofuture. Holly does refer to Neitherlands as "the greatest country on Earth", which is a ridiculously American thing to say. Their jingles and faux-suburbia are also incredibly American.

I've noticed tons of people have Slavic names, too.

As someone from the Netherlands, Neitherland is a weird name for a country. It almost sounds like the Netherlands in our native language. But we don't have any flying cars, and if the apocalypse ever hits, all this shit will be under water in no-time. Though, that also makes me wonder. If these mutations are global, there are going to be parts of the world that are a majority of mutants vs. monsters, because most people would have been asleep.

>>82317399
I'd read the rest. Some of the character development is pretty important, and I get the impression that there's some sort of greater mystery that forms a red thread throughout the different arcs.
>>
>>82317497
Kirbee is I's pawn and its attempt to drive a wedge between Wally and Holly, because Wally is the only person who can love Holly and believe in her strongly enough to prevent Holly from becoming its permanent avatar.

Kirbee does not know this, and is still a perfectly nice person. That's why she was chosen as a temptation, because she's perfectly nice and one of Holly's faults is that she isn't.
>>
>>82317576
Kirbee will find out about this, though, and kill herself to take herself out of the picture, because she knows instinctively when something like that has to be done - see: Clive.
>>
>Wally is the only person who can love Holly

oh anon, you know very well this is not true.
>>
>>82317628
>be furfag
>be immune to virus
>have to mimic being tacitly accepting of the new status quo
>drop your stealth, and you're still seen as a freak in a world of animal people

Man, it must have been tense for Maude's husband. I wonder if that guy just blew his brains out because he couldn't deal with it anymore.
>>
>>82317628
Sorry, I didn't write that clearly. Allow me to try again.

Wally is the only person who can love Holly *strongly enough* and believe in her strongly enough
>>
>>82317660
Nah, that's just the cover story. He really smothered in his sleep under gigantic cowtits.
>>
>>82314501
Welcome aboard.
Everyone tends to binge read the comic, once they start. Endtown really is a good comic and it cool to see the fanbase growing. Hell, these threads were so tiny like 2 years ago.
>>
>>82316904
I love how the android also has the generic Apex happy face.
>Oh, good afternoon Mr. Hollister! Your new limbs and faces suit you nicely! Tea?
>>
>>82317660
He was killed while scavenging on the surface. From the way Maude talked about him, they had a great relationship. The mutation doesn't seem to bother many people. I guess when you are in a post apocalyptic world, love of any kind can be the only thing to keep a person sane.
>Gustine losing her mind
>Al her boyfriend keeps her together
>Jim loses his mind when his girlfriend betrayed him
>Holly losing mind
>can Wally save her
Etc

Seems to be a recurring trend.
>>
>>82317869
>Dottie X Walt in the next arc...?
>>
>>82317869
Well, it's not wrong. My grandfather spent the war in a Jap POW camp and came home with massive PTSD to a society that was very keen on both forgetting that colonialism was ever a thing, and pretending the war at home was worse than anywhere else. In short, no money, no recognition, and no help. He used to have major flashbacks and shit. My grandmother stood by him, and kept him going. Without her, he'd have been just another crazy vet.

I used to have a girlfriend who had an Endtowney life, too. She wanted to run away at every sign of trouble, like Holly does. I like to think I grounded her a little.

Endtown is a comic that's very character-driven. Every arc is about how people interact with each other under shitty circumstances.
>>
>>82317576
>and is still a perfectly nice person

i don't know about that, i got a feeling she will backstab some one soon, she is cold blooded after all.
>>
>>82316904
>I still think the tail head is a metaphor for him talking out his ass or something.
Except he was the sensible one, who took a pretty reasonable stance on matters. Holly was the one coming out with nonsense to justify her recklessness.
>>
>>82318333
Before she realises she's I's plaything, she'll be the one pushing Wally to kill Holly when she turns, because she's the flipside of the Unity lizards - she can be a nice person while still-doing cold-blooded things because she thinks she's doing what's right for her loved ones.
>>
>>82316904
>>82318455
If his form represents his mental state, then his multiple heads represent being in multiple minds about everything that's happened to him and Holly, while his human tail-head represents the clarity of his hindsight and how he feels he should have seen this sneaking up on them.
>>
File: 1460771964004.png (96KB, 971x573px) Image search: [Google]
1460771964004.png
96KB, 971x573px
Fat Holly is best Holly
>>
>>82318855
>Holly after she finds an alternate dimension made entirely of cheese.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 567x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 567x864px
Little tail bump.
>>
>>82318333
>she is cold blooded after all.
Racist, dude.
>>
>>82318493
>hindsight
>HINDsight.
Goddammit.
>>
This next one's going to be bad, I can feel it. Everyone ready for a weekend cliffhanger?
>>
>>82320469

not sure if bad, i bet who's behind this illusion is going to manifest himself on the last panel
>>
>>82320547
>It's fooken Marx
>>
>>82320547
>"Miss Hollister" in the last panel
>Wait for Monday for reveal
>Marx
>>
>>82320547
>Lyn's explosion fades.
>Out steps Marx.
>"Now that's what I call edutainment!"
>>
>>82320547
Well, I think it's pretty clear it's ditto's again. They seem to do this a lot. What I'm wondering is where the real Holly is. She went in and disappeared, though the illusion might not be intended for her, but for Wally.
>>
>>82320600
>>82320614
>>82320615

Well now we know we all share the same ancient fear...
>>
the Lucranians
>>
File: e12.png (537KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
537KB, 692x577px
>>82320645
>>
>>82320691
We're all just counting the days until the inevitable...
>>
>>82320624
It's been the real Holly the whole time, covered in dittos and acting out a waking nightmare made of her own worst memories.
>>
>>82320853

if that's that case, i'm sure she will get better.

:^)
>>
>>82320547
We all know it's going to be the creepy caretaker, trying to scare them away so he can steal the treasure hidden in the ship.
>>
>>82320889
"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling munchkins!"
>>
Fuck, Aaron is late again, that just means things are still getting worse and in a big way.
>>
So is it true that furries share a similar lifespan with their animal counterparts? Kinda scary to think most of them would only have a few good years left.

it was all a plot by Marx to get generations to pass faster, creating less opportunity for people to amass power like in the old world.
>>
>>82321063
Seems to update at a random time each day. I remember once a few updates ago I was surprised by a really early one.
>>
>>82321195
I think the conclusion arrived at in earlier threads was "Shortened lifespans for things like mice, but not horribly so."

Sounded like Aaron himself had commented on it, so if someone could post a cap of the relevant correspondence,,,
>>
>>82321063
Worse for Aaron? Or the story?
God I hope Aaron gets better. He's one in a million talented cartoonists who are actually really good at their craft. And a generally great person.
>>
File: 1460172275905.jpg (11KB, 293x219px) Image search: [Google]
1460172275905.jpg
11KB, 293x219px
>>82314501
I did it in 2 days.

And I started Monday
>>
>>82321250
I meant the story. The guy is a beast, he could lose all his limbs and he would probably still crank them out by holding a pen in his mouth.
>>
File: Carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>82318493
HIND sight?
>>
>>82321250
Well, apparently there was a big storm that went through his area the other day.

Or he could be dreading the flood of emails he gets when he reveals who's been torturing Holly...
>>
>>82321311
Wait, is he in Texas? If so then yeah these storms are getting annoying.
>>
>>82321340
Yeah, I heard there were blackouts and everything.

For all we know this and the last comic have had to be finished on a laptop and uploaded at the local library or something.
>>
>>82321440
It must be Aaron Marx fault
>>
>>82321517

there was that theory that he's an evil spirit haunting aaron's drawing block thing
>>
File: image.gif (241KB, 250x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
241KB, 250x372px
>>82321543
>a malevolent spirit transends through Aaron's story and haunts Aaron himself, doing anything it can to stop Aaron from uploading his comic.

I want off Aaron's crazy ride...
>>
I feel it's getting close...

Taking bets on reactions, gentlemen:

A: "GODDAMNIT, AARON!"
B: >Suspense intensifies.jpg
C: "Oh, that explains a lot."
D: All of the above.
>>
File: Wilson_watches.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wilson_watches.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
I've never read Endtown. But every time there's a thread about it, the pics always show some sort of travesty taking place. What is this comic about that every thread has a character nearly dead or dying?
>>
>>82321831

its a comic about people nearly dead or dying
>>
>>82321831
Cute animal people suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.
>>
>>82321831
You're probably gonna hear this a lot with questions like that, but honestly? Just read it. Start at the beginning, and read at least the first arc with Al and Gustine. If at the end you find yourself not wanting to continue on, (which I highly doubt you won't ) then I guess Endtown just isn't for you.
But yes, Endtown is a real fucking page turner, and there's some form of travesty within every chapter. It's a character driven story, with characters much more deeper than you would figure them to be.
>>
File: Crossed_Nasty.jpg (449KB, 1250x967px) Image search: [Google]
Crossed_Nasty.jpg
449KB, 1250x967px
>>82321910
>Cute animal people suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

So it's like Crossed, but without the cuteness.
>>
>>82321763
B. Aaron will keep us going until we find out how Holly and Doctor Chase got to Endtown. No closure this week.
>>
>>82322061
And mostly well written. Fucking Marx.
>>
>>82321940
>>82321910
>>82321854
>>82321831
We should start pasting a link to Endtown comics when starting a new thread for all the new readers. We've been getting a higher influx of new readers on a daily basis.
>>
>>82322101
Can't have the shine of the diamond without the inevitable flaw.
>>
>>82322105
I think what we need more is a Beginner's Guide to Endtown, with information on the comic, characters, Aaron, and the various storylines within the comic and brief spoiler-free summaries of said stories.
>>
>>82322215
there's a wiki but is really outdated
>>
Holly's physical resemblance to Hillary Rodham Clinton does her no favors.
>>
>>82322233
>>82322215
Given a brief summary of chapters leading up to the current one would be nice. I'd do it, but I'm currently drawing some more Endtown stuff
>>
>>82322267

this stale meme again...
>>
>>82322061
Crossed is a lot more gratuitous I'd say.
>>
>>82322296

that's cool! can't wait to see
>>
>>82322215
Tempting...
>>
>>82322296

don't draw kirbee, she has lots of art already, do holly!
>>
>>82322380
>Holly
There's a lot of her too, we need more of Roxie
>>
>>82322494
The hell is Roxie, anyway? I saw Aaron say she was supposed to be a meerkat originally, but he'd changed his mind. Did he ever decide on something?
>>
>>82322527

Stoat
>>
>>82322527

>roxie
>wants art of a literal murderer

>>82322527

stoat
>>
>tfw your waifu did nothing wrong
Waifu for laiffu.

You know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>82322353
Do it. This can be the thing to finally unfuck webcomic wikis, just look at Ava's Demon and Unsounded, tons of lore are reveled on Q&A and the official blog but no one actually bothers compiling it in one place.
>>
>>82322562
>wants art of a literal murderer
People still draw Holly, don't they?
>>
>>82322544
>>82322562
I assumed lion.

Better go correct those posts on e621 then.
>>
if anyone deserves lewds in this shit is my waifu Dottie.

>Dottie will never sexually harass you in the workplace.
>>
>>82322602
>People still draw Holly, don't they?

>implying holly murdered ethel and lyn

this meme is not going to die any time soon, is it?
>>
>>82322616
She looked kind of weird to begin with but now I find the big capybara snout kinda charming...
>>
File: end.end090320.gif (57KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
end.end090320.gif
57KB, 600x587px
>>82322616
>>82322650

Is this an early version of Dottie?

Was she involved in the big orgy?
>>
>>82322494
KC plz...
>>
File: dottie.png (750KB, 1482x712px) Image search: [Google]
dottie.png
750KB, 1482x712px
>>82322650

Dottie is absolutely adorable, i cant wait for the next arc so she can get another lead role.
>>
>>82322641
Don't forget the baby she tried drinking to death.
>>
>>82322641
Well, Roxie didn't kill anyone she just wanted to make feel Linda ashamed and we know how that ended...
>>
>>82322711

well, the hair is not the same, i doubt it was her...
>>
>>82322742
She didn't wanted to kill her baby
>>
>>82322739
>Aaron has hit upon the perfect formula for appealing waifus
>Every arc from now on will have some kind of rodent girl as a protagonist
>>
File: Generation Bean.png (254KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
Generation Bean.png
254KB, 600x593px
>>82322711
>>
File: image.gif (653KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
653KB, 300x225px
>>82322789
Excellent...
>>
File: endtown-2010-11-25.gif (43KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2010-11-25.gif
43KB, 600x587px
>>82322739
>>
>>82322761
... trip to the hairstylist?
>>
>>82322824

holly could use that address...
>>
>>82322798
Well they didn't grow up THAT quick... those kids are 3-6 years old at most
>>
>>82322860
>implying there's something wrong with Holly's hair
She is crazy but she has a cute haircut
>>
File: image.png (682KB, 767x952px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
682KB, 767x952px
>>82322739
Agreed.
>>
File: 1456157995818.gif (30KB, 221x292px) Image search: [Google]
1456157995818.gif
30KB, 221x292px
>>82322979

>she will never playfully lift her skirt and give you a small peek
>>
File: endtown-2016-04-29.gif (260KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2016-04-29.gif
260KB, 900x919px
>>
>>82323038
>Topsiders
FUCK
>>
>>82323038

>enter topsiders
>>
>>82323038
Well, I can't see this ending poorly...
>>
>>82323038
OH SHIT!!!
>>
>>82323038
TOPSIDERS
>>
>>82323038

look! is cool cop!
>>
>>82323038

Sheeeet!
>>
>>82323038
Problems with GoComics again?
>>
File: OhHoHo.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
OhHoHo.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>82322711
>2nd panel
>>
>>82323038
Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggg......
>>
>>82323038
Welp. And here I thought it was going to be the last Buddibomb going after Holly. This' much worse.
>>
>>82323038

>topsiders arrived ridiculously fast
>Robbie was spying for them all this time
>>
>>82323038
>Holly is forced to become a lab mouse
>>
>>82323038
At least it wasn't pest control.
>>
>>82323038
Another slight time skip?

>suspense.jpg
>>
>>82323038
These cops deserve a spinoff

>Both end up TMs

>Mad Max post-apoc buddy cop combo
>>
File: Why Contain It.jpg (71KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
Why Contain It.jpg
71KB, 288x499px
>>82323038

> Topsiders are Neitherland FEMA

I subconsciously knew it. Fuck. Also the mention in the last e-mail of Apex doing the whole brain in a can thing through subsidiaries.

Fuck it. Even the tech is similar.

Also that just proves more points: Gated communities are test tubes. And Robbie was a spy.

Fuck... Monday's gonna suck
>>
>>82323038
>>
File: Artsignal.png (5KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Artsignal.png
5KB, 256x256px
>>82323163
Requesting Holly in a mouse cage, running on a wheel.
>>
>>82323203

Old men
>>
>>82323038
THEY WERE SPYING ON HOLLY AND LYN THIS WHOLE TIME

THEY HAVE BEEN PIPING THE VIRUS INTO THESE CLIMATE CONTROLLED COMMUNITIES AS AN EXPERIMENT

CALLING IT IN ALL CAPS
>>
>>82323235
Running the world

S'cool
>>
>>82323038
I think the Topsiders used to be Disease Control

Makes sense.
>>
>>82323257
That theory was thrown in the air a few weeks back. I should know, it was me who said it.
>>
>>82323257
I think it's more likely they were monitoring them after their exposure to the forest mutant. Pretty sure Aaron's said the Topsiders/Apex haven't got the faintest idea what the virus actually is, which kind of precludes them actually being able to pipe it.

>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
>Holly's going to meet the other housewives as anthros when Apex take her away.
>>
Holly was never pregnant or lost.jpg during the milk scandal.

She was relieving this traumatic event.

Holly has PTSD.
>>
File: 024_1437606655894.jpg (23KB, 336x338px) Image search: [Google]
024_1437606655894.jpg
23KB, 336x338px
>>82323339
>>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
>>Holly's going to meet the other housewives as anthros when Apex take her away.
>>
File: end160217.gif (299KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end160217.gif
299KB, 900x919px
>>82323339
What are they gonna turn into, guys?
>>
>>82323296

I'm surprised their suits are exactly like Topsiders.
>>
>>82323038
OH FUCK
>>
>>82323440

it's probably the only type of suit they had to deal with hazardous stuff...
>>
>>82323257
>THEY WERE SPYING ON HOLLY AND LYN THIS WHOLE TIME
Wouldn't surprise me.

>THEY HAVE BEEN PIPING THE VIRUS INTO THESE CLIMATE CONTROLLED COMMUNITIES AS AN EXPERIMENT
That seems really unlikely however. They might monitor Holly & Lyn in case they were exposed, but it's a huge stretch to then presume they're deliberately infecting people.
>>
>>82323440
Technological progress tends to slow down after apocolypses, though they do mention that the new suits are better protected against puncture.
>>
>>82323356

That's true. I suppose it should have been obvious when they revealed fishy.
>>
File: 1461946687248.png (416KB, 752x590px) Image search: [Google]
1461946687248.png
416KB, 752x590px
>>82323163
>Apex are literally gonna torture Holly
>She's got scars under that white fur
>>
>>82323421
Hummingbird and something slinky.
>>
>>82323339
>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
Should they have then turned up when Ethel's house exploded then?
>>
>>82323356
I think she was just referencing this event, not saying she lost a more recent child.
>>
>>82323636
Who wouldn't? That's a prime gawking event.
>>
>>82323339

That actually sounds really cute in a very depressing way...
>>
>>82323418
Her remaining buddibomb then kills them.
>>
>>82323744
>Implying the remaining Buddy Bomb isnt still around, and will show up after the flash back and try to kill Wally.
>>
>>82323799

it's probab ly going to kill those topsiders so she can escape.

>see? the bombs were useful after all.
>>
>>82323731
I meant Apex or disease control. They didn't make an appearance when Ethel mutated or exploded, so it doesn't look like they had been monitoring her.
>>
File: end140113.gif (284KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
end140113.gif
284KB, 900x900px
>Holly's going to go willingly with the Topsiders because they say they're going to "cure" her
>They run tests, practically vivisect her and nearly torture her to death
>Years later...
>>
>>82324026

> This fucking foreshadowing.

It's like playing Deadly Premonition all over again. The set pieces are all there. You just don't know the connections.
>>
>>82324004
Ethel was dead. Robot reports that Holly is still alive...
>>
>>82323853
But the bombs already proved their worth when they saved Holly from that snake. Why else would she keep the rest of the pack otherwise?
>>
>>82323226
On it. Anyone have that Holly Reference pic? I'm currently on my phone.
>>
File: endtown-2012-06-12.gif (144KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2012-06-12.gif
144KB, 600x595px
>>82324026

she couldn't keep her facade for much longer...
>>
File: 1457985120978.jpg (173KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
1457985120978.jpg
173KB, 900x630px
>>82324068
>>
>>82324066
>But the bombs already proved their worth when they saved Holly from that snake

this, it as obviously an elaborated trap set up by ethel to eat holly, she totally forgot about holly packing buddibombs.
>>
Aaron says that we are going back to endtown for the end of the year rigth? If that is true things will go even WORSE that they already have
>>
>>82324200
It's the oldest trick in the book. Snake tells you it isn't going to eat you, just so that it can get close enough to eat you.
>>
>>82324576
thank god she had the bombs, her baby lived another week thanks to them.
>>
>>82324078
Why kind of things they done to her?
>>
>>82325229
I suspect we'll find out in the coming week(s).
>>
>>82325229

they touched her papilla
>>
File: 1460571840811 (1).jpg (670KB, 2106x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1460571840811 (1).jpg
670KB, 2106x2340px
>>82325267
>>
>>82325229
Biopsies.
Water-treading to determine stamina and heat tolerance.
Taking enough blood samples to put her near death.
Exploratory surgery without anaesthesia.
Probes in every orifice.
>>
>>82324061
Why didn't Ethel's house have a robot?
>>
File: edited topsider page.jpg (614KB, 1762x900px) Image search: [Google]
edited topsider page.jpg
614KB, 1762x900px
>>82323038
It's Friday

time for silly edits.
>>
>>82325498

she was not as materialistic as holly was...
>>
>>82325513

Holy fuck DK.... seriously.

That brightened up my day.
>>
File: image.jpg (387KB, 800x814px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387KB, 800x814px
>>82325513
Only one I have
>>
>>82325513
Requesting inevitable crossover with Wally and Co. in GB uniforms.
>>
>>82325434
Next week is going to be very educational
>>82325351
Doesn't Wally already knowed that? after all they fucked multiple times
>>
File: ray.gif (1MB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
ray.gif
1MB, 250x209px
>even after all this "redemption"
holly a shit kirbee is still supreme
>>
>>82325575
He probably gave her the reach-around.
>>
>>82325555
...nothing wrong.
>>
has the arc about the lizard town ended yet or has it just kept flowing?
>>
>>82325581
truth
>>
>>82323038
Fuck yeah, the cool cop is back
>>
>>82325581
cool story kirbro, you can keep your mentally handicaped lizard if you'd like.
>>
>>82325581
Only because we don't know how many people she's killed yet. It'll be even more than Holly, given what her colony was doing.
>>
>>82325634
or is it coming to an end?
>>
>>82325634
I'm assuming you're a new reader. It ended with possibly one of the biggest "HOLY SHIT" moments so far prior to this flashback arc.
>>
>>82325661
The airheadedness is an adopted trait, she's been in "I see notinkl, NOTINK!" mode ever since she was directly involved in the massacre of the non-reptilians.
>>
>>82325513
>Bill Murray survives the apocalypse unscathed

>because fuck you, he's Bill Murray
>>
>>82325742
Or she really is just that gullible. Though if ignorance works in Holly's defense, it'll probably apply to Kirbee too.
>>
>>82325513

Fast on the gun there DK!
>>
File: otp.png (80KB, 387x392px) Image search: [Google]
otp.png
80KB, 387x392px
i got this reply from Aaron, i asked him what he would have changed if he had planned Kirbee before hand.

"she absolutely would have protected Chic as best she could have because that's her nature. If I'd introduced Kirbee with a solid intention of building her up over time, I would have made it clearer that she was primarily relegated to working in the prison and possibly shown her getting morose over the loss of a previous prisoner."
>>
>>82325825

Or worse. He mutates into an orange haired cat that hates Mondays.
>>
>>82325498

Apparently he must have been working ON THOSE GODDAMN LONG ISLANDS.
>>
File: Patrick.jpg (15KB, 354x242px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick.jpg
15KB, 354x242px
>>82325897
>I Kirbee is so nice why didn't she help Chic when he was getting battered like KFC?
>Well, I didn't invent her yet!

That's creative writing for ya, I guess.
>>
>>82326065
Hey man sometimes lightning strikes when you least expect it. An idea you had before may be replaced with a better idea you have later in the future.
>>
>>82325513

Some side story completely unknown by the main characters are the Ghostbusters investigating the paranormal activity caused by what Egon could only surmise as " I ".

Marx constantly spins them in circles with his fanciful bullshittery.
>>
>>82325513
Jim-God as Gozer picture when?

He looks upon Wally, Kirbee, Chic, and Holly and asks "Are you a god?" Holly looks to Wally who nods, and she replies "No." Jim spews flames out of his hands and says "Then... die!"
>>
>>82323038
They aren't topsiders yet, they're just doing their job.

There is a deadly and infectious disease there, after all.
>>
>>82326099

>An idea you had before may be replaced with a better idea

>kirbee
>a good idea
>>
>>82326656
that depends on what they do to Holly
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 800x1005px
>tfw no grease monkey mouse waifu
>>
>>82327359

That's adorable! as always...
>>
>>82327415
I'm sorry. I just find Holly adorable as always...
>>
File: endtown2.png (51KB, 576x289px) Image search: [Google]
endtown2.png
51KB, 576x289px
>>82323440
I doesn't shock me.
Shouldn't they have the pre-war Apex Industries logo instead of the topsider one, though ?
>>
>>82327359

Gadget x Holly greasy lesbian sex when?
>>
>>82327613
Rescue rangers in endtown when?
>>
>>82326845
They haven't had 6 years of being stuck in their suits to turn them into proper monsters yet, so they might not be at the "die mutant scum" stage and jump straight to vivisection.

Quarantine, interrogation before being shipped to Pep Cola Park would be my guess.
>>
>>82327613
Golly...
>>
>>82325719
like most of /co/ probably, i binged it all one day and got up to jimgod and i hate taking in something update by update

how long is the current arc shaping up to take? a character history arc sounds like it wouldn't take too long
>>
>>82327733
We've been on this arc since last Christmas. Looks like we may be reaching at least the midpoint now, with tons more questions than answers.
>Lyn; is there a different Lyn?
>who's behind the dittos
>what is to happen to Holly now?
>will Wally and Kirbee ever enjoy the jacuzzi?
>>
>>82325907
Or a bear who likes going around naked.
>>
>>82327836
>>Lyn; is there a different Lyn?

no

>>82327836

>who's behind the dittos

Lucranians calling this shit.

>what is to happen to Holly now?

she will get back to wally and heal slowly once this is over.

this was never a possibility
>>
>>82327494
Department of Disease Control (assuming they're the DDC Lyn mentioned) sounds like a separate governmental agency; supplied with Apex equipment of course.

So they aren't using the topsider logo, the topsiders are using the DDC's, and most likely grew from their remnants. Which makes sense since they're the ones best prepared to actually survive the war and virus.
>>
File: image.png (783KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
783KB, 500x749px
>>82327920

>this was never a possibility

Party Pooper...
>>
>>82321195
I've seen this before, and it seems to be an unreasonable assumption. If it were true, Holly should be visibly much older than she appears, because mice have very short lifespans.

Either way, the comic does not seem to follow real animal logic. Holly is also larger than the rats, and said rats don't even appear to be rodents.
>>
>>82327359
>>82325513
Did not expect either of those things to eventually exist.
>>
>>82324078
Flask did nothing wrong.

No, seriously, Flask was just trying to take out the genocidal enemy of her people. She was crazy, but literally everyone in Endtown is crazy, so I can't really hold it against her. I'm more upset by her flagrant abuse of power in executing two scientists than I am at her desire to disable the enemy.
>>
>>82328419

>I'm more upset by her flagrant abuse of power in executing two scientists than I am at her desire to disable the enemy.

that's literally the only thing she did wrong.
>>
>>82328419
>did nothing wrong
I wonder if that meme will ever die.
>>
>>82328459

it will, right after the Holly didn't kill anyone meme.
>>
>>82328037
Exactly. Their entire pool of manpower must be isolated personnel and their families. We've already heard numerous times that topsiders held jobs as receptionists and telemarketers and whatever. These must be people who haven't been in contact with the virus (if it is a virus, but whatevs). So we're talking a "clean" building, built for that purpose, with a big supply of suits and other gear that they started stuffing their survivors in the moment it became clear the building itself would become a target.

This is supported by them using oodles of Apex technology, and seemingly having some very impressive production facilities. They have a logistical backbone that everyone we've seen thusfar lacks.
>>
File: dukat.jpg (617KB, 890x1280px) Image search: [Google]
dukat.jpg
617KB, 890x1280px
>>82328459
Not a meme. I had never read the comic until two weeks ago. Her assessment of the situation was correct. Her proposed reaction was correct. Her execution was extremely iffy, but then again we're talking about a bunch of PTSD-riddled animal people who all went through WWIII, which is the most mundane thing about them. These are less like organised forces going at each other, and more like that ISIS video where one of the clowns fires an RPG in an enclosed space.

The discussion about her actions is purely a moral one. Is it wrong to kill that many topsiders in one go? Yes, according to normal rules. Under rules of war, it's quite normal. Wally was operating under normal rules, Flask was operating under war rules. She did nothing wrong. There was simply a disagreement.

Then again, I have a thing for charismatic, mass murdering dictators with loads of sex appeal. Flask is basically Endtown's Gul Dukat.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 800x787px
What game is she playing gents?
>>
>>82328807
That one o' den new X B0X 420's?
>>
>>82328807
Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>82328807

Metroid II to save the baby.
>>
>>82328622
Since Apex had soldiers in Wally's flashback, they probably provided personnel as well as the equipment.

So when stuff started going really wrong, I can imagine Apex stuffing their less critical employees into suits to provide manpower for the DDC. Which inadvertently saved their lives, since Apex itself didn't survive the war.
>>
>>82328807
Buddibomberman.

Holly didn't want to join in for some reason.
>>
>>82328459
Topsiders, despite being in the extreme minority, are bent on the annihilation of mutants who have at this point pretty much replaced humanity, based on the HOPE (however extremely unlikely) that they might then be able to take off their suits and live normally, which obviously is unlikely because the environment itself is inhospitable to them or else they'd only have to wear their suits on excursions. Without being able to reproduce, they're pretty much already extinct, and at this point just going to take as much mutants down with them as possible with no actual gain. And, as Aaron has told us via email, the mutants have no actual sympathizers in the Topsider ranks. Any who abandon the Topsiders do so over different matters. Otherwise, they are pretty much unanimous in their drive to exterminate the mutants

The topsiders are a disease, they're already dead, and all Flask would have done is prevent further meaningless death had she succeeded. She did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>82328807
Nothing. That's a tape recorder.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 800x800px
>>82328866
>>
Requesting child maude, luellen and kirbee playing jump rope
>>
>>82329073
>She did absolutely nothing wrong.
>murdered two scientists
>>
>>82329271
kirbee and luellen swinging the rope for maude.
>>
>>82328984
I think we can assume that Apex is a corporation in the mould of the various East India Companies. Very powerful, quasi-governmental, and providing its own services in terms of gear and manpower. Of that massive bulk, a small part survived in terms of the topsiders. But they hold all the cards in the post-apocalyptic game, except one: The very air is hostile to them.

If the topsiders were OK with mutating, they'd have set up a functional post-apoc government already and people would be drinking Pep Cola in mouse-sized portions.
>>
>>82329494

i wonder if indian mutants poo in the loo...
>>
>>82329297
this is supposed to be the part where you list something she did wrong
>>
>>82328771
She killed 2 innocent people. She tortured 3 innocent women for a month.

Stop waifufagging and go to Hell for supporting a murderer.
>>
>>82329297
Nobody's contesting that, Anon. Stop propping up this strawman. We know Flask was an unscrupulous villain. But that's exactly what Endtown needed to deal with the topsiders.

Which is why Mallard made her chief of security in the first place.

Also, she had a caboose that just wouldn't end, which is also a plus in her favour
>>
>>82329297

the mole had it coming though...
>>
>>82328807
Metroid 2.
>>
>>82329561

>She tortured 3 innocent women for a month.

who?
>>
>>82329561
but no one said anything about Holly
>>
>>82329606

HOLLY DIDN'T KILL ANYONE... will you stop with this bullshit?
>>
>>82329633
Because they all exploded for completely non-Holly related reasons, right?
>>
>>82329633
no, people just have a weird habit of dying as a result of her actions is all

not even counting the people she tried to but was prevented from killing/having killed

flask was a saint compared to holly
>>
>>82329662

it was not her fault, she obviously didn't have control over the bombs...
>>
File: end160401.gif (291KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end160401.gif
291KB, 900x919px
Wally said it himself, she was not responsible for the explosion.
>>
>>82329706
Buddibombs don't kill people. People with buddibombs kill people.
>>
>>82329698
Flask has a sadistic edge I really don't see in Holly. Both women are utterly busted, violent, and too devoted to their ideals by a half. I'm not even standing in the 'Holly's a Good Person' camp anymore.

But Holly never put a gun to a man's head and pulled the trigger without a second thought. That's not even getting into how the colony was highlighted to have innocent children, civilians! There could be dissenters, contentious objectors, it was thousands of people. Sentencing them all to death just because they're Topsiders is some goddamn cold shit.
>>
>>82329775
...no he didn't? He tried to justify her actions, before realizing his justification was equally terrible.
>>
File: this nigger serious.png (729KB, 856x860px) Image search: [Google]
this nigger serious.png
729KB, 856x860px
>>82329794

nice fallacy
>>
>>82329775
ever been so desperate to defend your waifu that you pretended an entire panel of a 4-panel comic didn't exist?

wally was just trying to rationalize holly not being at fault, though not as hard as you are right now.
>>
>>82328807
The hearts of men.
>>
>>82329662
>>82329794
>there are Endtown readers this dumb
>>
>>82329561
Similar charges can be levelled at boatloads of the character roster.
>>
>>82328807

Given how dumb she is, probably candy crush
>>
>>82329863
The circumstances that made Holly right to come armed to a friend calling for help was terrible, not Holly herself. Or possibly Wally realizing that his first thought was 'She was right to come armed' was terrible. It;s hard to say if he's actually pinning anything on her right then.
>>
>>82329910
... yes. Because Endtown tells to stories of all kinds of good people, shitheels, and everything inbetween.
>>
>>82329706
It's impossible for someone armed with buddibombs to harm anyone then?
>>
>>82329910
Is that some kind of lame excuse?
>other characters did something wrong too
>which means my waifu is now clean of sins
>>
>>82329879

>>82329907
>>
File: holly.png (109KB, 453x452px) Image search: [Google]
holly.png
109KB, 453x452px
>>82329851
>>But Holly never put a gun to a man's head and pulled the trigger without a second thought.
no thats because she had other people do it for her

and, once again, Aaron killed any chance of topsider apologetics by confirming that there is NO dissent in topsider civilizations, at least not over the killing of mutants. they are 100 devoted to killing mutants for being mutants. none of them have the capacity to be benign or innocent, as all of them would willingly have every mutant in existence executed at the first possible opportunity
>>
>>82329851
>Flask has a sadistic edge

She's a cat, though.
>>
>>82329907
>>82329972
>w-w-well you're JUST DUMB!!!

10/10 great one
>>
>>82328039
oh shit, now that I think of it, I could totally draw some parallels between endtown and dark tower
Anthros - the can-toi
Wolves of Calla+other tech abominations - all the old-world apex bots
Slow mutants, lobstrosities, various todash monsters - everyone who mutated when they were awake
Blaine - sentient vehicles
both have overall desolate wasteland settings with long traveling segments, both have jumping in time - even if it is through ditto magic.
Both have this "ultimate goal" the protagonists are headed towards but really don't know if it even exists.
"The Eye" and Crimson King, whose sigil is a red eye.
The crossroads being a hub of souls and the whole concept of Dark Tower being the hub of worlds with the beams being the spokes of a wheel.

Damn, now I want some endtown x dark tower art.
>>
>>82329971
>waifu

Whatevs, nigger. You obviously have an axe to grind. Good luck with that.
>>
>>82330005
As a cat owner, I am offended :(
>>
>>82329994
Show me Holly ordering a death and watching it be carried out with no remorse. Show me those panels I seem to have forgotten. I am not saying that Holly is a good person. I'm not saying Holly hasn't made shitty choices. I'm not even saying she's incapable of killing on purpose.

I'm saying we haven't seen her do it yet. Flask did it as part of her introductory arc.

Also, babies. Babies are always benign.
>>
>>82329876
Care to explain the problem?

A buddibomb without an owner can't do anything. It's completely harmless.
>>
>>82330079
Cats are sadistic creatures. That doesn't make me dislike them, but they are.
>>
>>82329606
>>82329662
>>82329698
>>82329794
>>82329863
>>82329879
>>82329964
>>82330028
>>82330141

Kirbros trying to start shit again... we had a good run
>>
>>82330172
As a human, I can attest we are the most sadistic.
>>
>>82330117
>Show me Holly ordering a death and watching it be carried out with no remorse.
It's possible to kill someone without it being murder, you know. That's why things like manslaughter exist.

She's definitely killed people. Inadvertently, but she's still the one responsible for it.
>>
>>82330420
... yes. I wasn't arguing that. I was arguing that I find Flask to be a more sadistic and violent person than Holly.
>>
Kirbee is probably the real mass murderer in here, i'm sure she has killed many more than flask ever did.
>>
>>82330475
Oh sorry then. Lost track of who you were replying to.
>>
>>82330415
In that case, I feel sorry for your cats.
>>
>>82329563
>But that's exactly what Endtown needed to deal with the topsiders.
>she got played like a fiddle
yup, savior flask, queen of trashcan guns.
>>
>>82330662
>queen of trashcan guns.

well in her defense, Marx rigged the whole thing. There's literally nothing she could have done.
>>
>>82330772
I wonder how different things had turned out without him, would Jacks plan come to fruition?
>>
>>82328807
That looks like an original Game Boy, so I'd say Tetris 2.
>>
>>82330834

What Jack plan before this? Rewiring all police calls to security? Getting his paws on classified files? Orchestrating a shitton of stuff that was happening in Endtown at this time. If you remember the initial Al & Gustine chapter Jackrabbit was nothing but a pusher without having ANY means of carrying out any political agenda other of course than shouting shit via newspapers. After Flask died it seems that Marx put plans in place to make him disturb political shit. Seems that Endtown needs a new Flask. And Jackrabbit will soon learn that.
>>
>>82329851
>There could be dissenters, contentious objectors, it was thousands of people. Sentencing them all to death just because they're Topsiders is some goddamn cold shit.
Isn't that what Wally kinda did by leaving all the lizards to die when he took all the dittos? He was being pretty indiscriminate there.
>>
>>82314501
I tried, but the adventures of skinny nerd and rhino girlfriend got too boring.
>>
>>82331045
Don't worry, the comic's pretty overrated these days.
>>
>>82331009
It is comparable, nice catch, but for me it gets by on being self defense. Been a while though, but if memory serves they were about to get lynched.
>>
File: fuck you.gif (2MB, 268x160px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
2MB, 268x160px
>>82331070
:P
>>
>>82331045
Get to the guy with the big nose, from that point you won't wanna stop
>>
>>82330615
Okay, that was a good one.
>>
File: o52w85w4ay1rggt7to1_500.gif (489KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
o52w85w4ay1rggt7to1_500.gif
489KB, 497x373px
>>82331045

Keep reading. Generally everybody agrees that it's boring until it hits the "quest arc". When compared to everything else that happens later, the beginning is downright awful, but only comparatively. Just keep going.
>>
>>82331075
>they were about to get lynched
Yeah, by the people at the front of the group. As for the rest? We know the colony had children, and Kirbee proves they weren't entirely without dissent. And the people who didn't enjoy the bloodsport are the ones most likely to have gotten out.

Wally only needed enough dittos to cover his group's escape, not all of them. The lizards weren't going to bother pursuing them anyway.

I mean, it's understandable what he did considering what he just went through (and they were pushed for time), but for someone so adverse to killing and who usually tries to find a better way, in this case he simply didn't. The thought of leaving them to die hasn't weighed on him at all. Even Kirbee seems content with his actions, despite losing people she knew.
>>
>>82331586
>We know the colony had children
That make me think: what happen to Chic's brothers?
>>
reminder that Kirbee would have gotten over all this in a minute. She lived off of babies for years, she is tough as nails. Holly spent YEARS working up the courage to go on after this, and she still hasn't fully recovered.
>>
>>82331674
Most likely all dead.

Don't think he holds that much love for them, only his mother most likely, but even then not by a whole lot.
>>
>>82331745
You are right anon, is not easy get over traumas
>>
>>82331674
Or his parents. We never did see what became of them after their fight and if his mother was the one who went crazy and made the jumbo omelette before starting the fire.

I kinda expect to come up again down the line, since Chic hasn't brought the events up either. Actually it seems all of them are deliberately not talking about the admittedly traumatic events.
>>
>>82331310
It's kind of weird. It overtly goes for a lighthearted gag comic thing, and then it becomes dark as fuck. It's happened before in comics, but it's a strange turn of events nonetheless.
>>
>>82331907
I'm pretty sure the crazy, inexplicably superpowered raccoon set the fire.
>>
>>82331907
I guessed that his dad actually kill his mother since he appears in a later strip but I don't remember the dialogue
>>
>>82331907
>I kinda expect to come up again down the line

they are dead, Aaron confirmed it.
>>
>>82331745
That's because Kirbee is a lizard, unburdened by the morality of mammals.
>>
File: end150116.gif (301KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
end150116.gif
301KB, 900x900px
>>82331999
Probably not killed. This must have been a regular enough occurrence for them to not wonder why their leader had just had the crap kicked out of him.
>>
>>82331745

you have to post this in every thread?
>>
So yesterday I read the last arc from the Aaron's previous comic "Albert", and in his acceptance speech Marx talks about a eyeball pet named "Ted"...
>>
>>82332079
Any idea where? Can't find it in the stuff I've got saved, but I know I'm missing stuff.
>>
>>82332097
Chic's mother was a tough motherfuckar
>>
>>82332216

well it was a personal email, ill quote him, give me a minute
>>
>>82332216

Here

"Chic hasn't had time to grieve. His world has completely changed, and he's still not quite fully aware that his parents are dead (if they are, in fact, dead). Things will bubble to the surface over time, but keep in mind that, within the timeline of the strip, it hasn't been a full week since Unity burned.

Chic was kept fully apart from his siblings. He effectively had no childhood at all apart from what his mother gave him (when possible). He will have to come to terms with these things, but for now, it's moments like today's strip that will provide windows into his thinking."
>>
>>82332097
Still a bit disappointed that Chic's family was never brought up again and all just went down in the flames
>>
>>82331913
It is weird, and I'm not sure what he was originally planning, or when exactly he decided to set the depression express up and plan everything out in advance by at least a decade. But the change in tone doesn't seem deliberate though, it didn't seem like he planned to set it in a Sunday morning comic style and then pull the rug from under our feet and drop us into what we got now.

I'm not saying I don't like what we do have though. It's fucking magnificent.
>>
>>82332317
>if they are, in fact, dead
>if
>>
>>82332317
Actually, that makes it sounds like they could still be alive. It depends on whether the "(if they are, in fact, dead)" bit refers to Chic not knowing, or us not knowing, since we don't either.
>>
>>82332456

gotta admit after giving it a second read, i am kinda doubting it myself. well see...
>>
New reader, just spent the day catching up, it really took a while to get into but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Kirbee is best goil
>>
>>82332643
If you did read the whole comic, you would know better than to get attached to any character. Especially a happy one like Kirbee.

Look what happened to Holly, Linda, Maude...

Aaron plays games with his own characters, but through our hearts.
>>
>>82332368
What is more weird is that is not the first webcomic to do that but unlike others this actually feels natural and have sense. I think is due to Aaron's writting skills without it, this comic would have become loss 2.0

>>82332643
Tell us anon what you do think of it? things that you liked, things that not
>>
>>82332368
Yeah, Endtown is much better as it is. As a gag comic, it wasn't a lot of fun. The jokes weren't funny, the characters weren't compelling, and the post-apocalypse-with-animal-people wasn't a good gimmick. There are plenty of bad gag comics already. Maybe Endtown isn't everyone's cup of tea. I mean, my friends would probably have a hard time understanding the appeal of emotionally damaged animal people responding to their problems by crying, screaming, or running away. But I think it's one of the more interesting post-apocalyptic settings I've ever read.

Maybe the penny just dropped that he had some pretty dark themes going on already. End of the world + body horror transformation. For me, the part where the comic definitely goes down the dark road, is where we see the first live mutation. That was some freaky stuff.

What puzzles me is that he just didn't start an entirely new comic. Maybe he figured the Sunday Morning Comic style meshed well with the darker elements?
>>
>>82332811
Well he actually make testing with the Aaron Marx comic until he finally found the perfect balance between horror and comedy
>>
File: kirbee condom.png (262KB, 421x458px) Image search: [Google]
kirbee condom.png
262KB, 421x458px
>>82332643

dont listen to >>82332753 anon... kirbee might not end up with wally, but she will not die just because. Let the love flow.
>>
>>82332782
It's also kind of weird how his depression express skills are off the hook compared to his gag style skills. I mean, unless I'm just somehow mistaken here, and I'm liking something that's objectively crap.

And I'm sure some people would tell me exactly that. It's kind of a fear I have, though. What if I just have shit taste? What if all my arguments for liking something are just complete bogus in support of something that only appeals to me on an emotional level because of some sort of inner weakness?
>>
>>82332916
Anon... she's not real, none of the womans of this comic are real. Let it go
>>
File: SHUT UP.png (128KB, 428x342px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT UP.png
128KB, 428x342px
>>82333012

S.. s... SHUT UP!!!
>>
>>82332898
I Googled Aaron, and he has an imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0623832/

Not bad.

But looking at his site, it seems he's actually been developing these characters for years. There's even a Jackrabbit comic. And his site seemingly hasn't gotten a workover since the 90's. I mean, from the gocomix account, I kind of assumed he just did this on the side...
>>
>>82333040
I always find his reaction odd, i mean it makes sense that he could turn crazy over the fact of losing Holly but to the point of drool it really seems that he simply lost his mind in that moment
>>
>>82333040
Now that I think of it, Wally kind of looks like Blacksad and Weakly mashed together.
>>
>>82333174
He was already plenty pissed off at that point, though. And a creepy crazy guy on the other side of the wall was talking about shit he shouldn't have a chance of knowing about, while claiming to be god. A creepy, crazy guy who was going to murder his girlfriend.

I don't know. These critters go through a lot. I can imagine maybe losing some bodily fluids in the process of being beaten up by the world to such a degree.
>>
>>82332753
Dude, this isn't my first heartache rodeo with picking favourites with characters, I've been burnt before. I can see this going south within 30 pages if not less.

>>82332782

Well I loved the setting being built up slowly, it felt kind of slow at the start with not much happening but once the road trip started it found its pacing.

I kept seeing threads for the comic now and again and just put it off as 'oh another furry comic, nah man' but now after reading, the story's great, the art defiantly got better over time and the characters really feel fleshed out, blasted through it today so I'm excited to see where it goes.

Also the cute cover hiding eldrich monstrosities? You fucking got me.
>>
I like how it takes normal people and shoves them into furry bodies against their will and without choice.
>>
>>82333173
>There's even a Jackrabbit comic
There's a theory that says that the Jacob of "The daily grind" is in fact the same Jacob that we see in Endtown
And yes Aaron has been developing this characters for years even using characters for other failed ideas like Mallard who was originally the protag of a cartoon he was planning. It's really amanzing how Endtown seems to be constructed by old ideas glued together

>>82333212
>Wally hanging out with Blacksad
I just gonna leave this idea for the drawfags
>>
>>82332916
This scalie is too pure for this world anon, there is no hope for us.
>>
File: endtown-2013-09-03.gif (273KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2013-09-03.gif
273KB, 900x900px
>>82333508
Aarons's old college comic starring Al and (human) Gustine?

The Same Old Grind
>>
Where can I actually read these old comics of his then?
>>
>>82333459
It never really looked like a furry comic, to me. It just doesn't have a fetishy feel. But the newspaper cartoon style threw me off. I expected something like... well, the first few pages.

The strength is in the writing, I suppose. Though the art does do a good job of illustrating the desolate wasteland.
>>
>>82333663
http://www.aaronneathery.org/index.htm
>>
File: otp2.png (763KB, 900x920px) Image search: [Google]
otp2.png
763KB, 900x920px
>>82333546

i know anon, i know...
>>
File: eyes.gif (7KB, 46x242px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.gif
7KB, 46x242px
>>82333686

goddamit
>>
>adorable tiny town, populated by adorable tiny animal people

>everyone used to be regular human beings, and are dealing with the trauma of having their former lives completely destroyed right down to their own self images. They are persecuted by humans who have resisted the change by sealing themselves in suits and eradicating everything else.

Why is this so...appealing??
>>
>>82333736
Read the last arc of the Albert comic anon...
>>
>>82333508
>It's really amanzing how Endtown seems to be constructed by old ideas glued together

The complete departure from the original tone is what is amazing, to me. It's a difference of night and day. I'd almost suspect that something shitty happened to Aaron for it to happen, kind of like how A Clockwork Orange resulted from the author's wife getting beaten up.
>>
>>82333789
>I'd almost suspect that something shitty happened to Aaron for it to happen
Nah, he just really wanted to have a comic with comedy, plot and horror
>>
>>82333768
I have no fucking clue. I really don't. When I look at the individual parts, I really shouldn't like it. It's got the cute animal people, the focus on emotional drama, people crying all the time, loads of ennui. I mean, I could be describing Jack (it's Jack, right? furries in hell?), here.

But when I compare it to something like Kranburn, which isn't bad, this is the one I'd call the more mature of the two.
>>
>>82333857
Has he actually answere4d this question? Because I have half a mind to just ask.
>>
>>82333778

Well shit...
>>
>>82333459
It can have a deceptively 'furry' angle to it, but it's so much more than that, that the label would belie it's greater qualities.
>>
>>82333980
Not really, it would be interesting know why he decide to change the tone of the comic, so feel free to ask
>>
>>82333675
Thinking about it you're right, it's not really that heavy handed with the furry angle, it seems more of a story aspect rather than an aesthetic choice or simply shoving a kink in your story or whatever.

I feel if it broke from the four-panel format you could really get some really nice landscape shots of the wasteland environments or something, but I guess the panel count keeps the action punchy when it needs to be and the pacing as fast as needed.
>>
>>82334063
Not like "hey did something shitty happen to you", but more like "where did the change in tone come from". I'm not a complete asshole. Felt like I needed to point that out.
>>
>>82334146
Don't worry, nobody will be that stupid to ask that
>>
File: 1461880742308.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1461880742308.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>>82323038
>implying the Topsiders weren't responsible for the virus, and only the top brass knows that now.
A lot of the Topsiders whine about having to be forced into a suit, why are they wearing this shit already?
>>
>>82334121
When I think of "furry" comics, I think of some deliberate connection to furry fetishism. It's also a weird paradox that furry comics typically don't spend all that much time on the main attraction: Anthropomorphism. Usually it's just there to hoist a cat into a sexy outfit, and that's that.
>>
>>82323038
You think we are gonna see more of badass cop and his sidekid?
>>
>>82333768
Can't say, but it's definitely got something right that other "cute characters in fucked up scenarios" comics or shows have gotten wrong, which I'd say is the buildup. The horrible events don't come out of left field, Aaron made sure it had plenty of time to show just how bad shit has gotten and how it's gradually getting worse and worse. Plus the characters are written excellently too and react appropriately, they're not badass action heroes or paragons of innocence, they're just people in a really shitty situation
>>
Gonna repost stuff from yesterday since I haven't gotten to draw today. Got some major power failure in the neighbourhood that erased 4 hours of my work on commissions.
>>
>>82334254
Because it's a sensible precaution when dealing with an infectious disease?
>>
>>82334319
>When I think of "furry" comics, I think of some deliberate connection to furry fetishism.

That's exactly why i don't consider this to be a furry webcomic, the characters being anthros is strictly linked to the plot, they are not made like this to appeal to a specific crowd.
>>
>>82334254
Hazmat suits are pretty standardized. When you have shit infrastructure, you tend to pick a single popular model and modify/produce it. Same reason old landcruisers are the most common vehicle in deepest darkest africa or afghan gunsmiths can make AK's from scratch.
>>
>>82334491
You know what it reminds me of? Something like swat kats. Where the fuzzy creatures may be used for gags or puns but they're very much people living in a world.
>>
>>82333491
It's easy to see why people can get attracted to these characters, because they have actual human personalities rather than one-track minds like "mad", "giddy", or "as sexually active as a dog in heat 24/7" like other comics have.
>>
>>82334491
It's kind of hard to specify exactly what makes a webcomic "furry", especially given how shitty of a definition it already is. All I can say, Endtown isn't it. And I've read way more shitty webcomics (including furry ones) than would be considered healthy.

The furry community did itself kind of a disservice by associating its label with shallow work.
>>
>>82334319
I totally agree, I'm glad the author has the gumption to be like 'yeah there's furries in my comic, but whatever heres this huge world and mythos, go nuts' and it doesn't beat that fur fetish dead horse.

I'd say >>82334025 sums it up far better than I could hope to.
>>
>>82314501
Finally trucked through the whole thing myself. Been catching strips here and there since people were posting about Jimgod in the walls last year. Glad I did.
>>
>>82334568
That's more because landcruisers and AK's are notoriously hard to break, though. You could toss either one off a highrise directly into the ocean, and they'd still work fine.
>>
>>82334700
>one-track minds like "mad", "giddy", or "as sexually active as a dog in heat 24/7" like other comics have.

this pisses me so much, the "single personality", "Token Characters"...

this is pretty much why i have dropped a huge number of comics as of late.
>>
>>82334752
That shit was freaky. Of course, you pick up things here and there when you visit /co/, so I kind of knew Schizm Syndrome was a thing. But reading this comic, you don't think it can get quite as freaky as that. Jimgod was the stuff of nightmares.

And that along with the ramping madness of the lizard colony? Good stuff.
>>
>>82334776
And topsider suits are notoriously hard to break for hazmat suits. Have you ever seen real class IV gear firsthand? Topsider suits are basically futuristic ultra compact light armor compared to that.
>>
File: full 360 view bitches.jpg (107KB, 1027x774px) Image search: [Google]
full 360 view bitches.jpg
107KB, 1027x774px
>>82334254
>Everyone says the war happened five years ago.
>Jim complained about being in that suit for 6 years.
>The guys in >>82323038 likely put on their suits months ago and haven't taken them off.

Well, that's kinda disturbing.
>>
File: 1461386729151.gif (233KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
1461386729151.gif
233KB, 300x191px
>>82334752
Glad you're with us man.

Now we can all cry together when Monday rolls around.

Side note, we really should compile Aaron's responses like >>82322599 says, especially with all of the new readers popping in. A lot of questions are asked that were already answered and can save a bit of time if we have a place where the responses are stored.

>>82334808
Endtown's the only "serious" comic I've been keeping up to date with for the past few years, same reason as you. Only other comics I check in on are just comedy comics like AwkwardZombie or Nedroid.
>>
>>82334320

Do you think they became anthros? What kind of anthros?
>>
>>82334808
>>82334700
This is true, but it also depends on one other thing: This comic is always in motion. It's one of the things I like the most about it. I used to read a lot of webcomics, but inevitably they'd be slow as fuck. Even the good ones. Glacial pacing is a real problem with webcomics. Up until now, Unsounded had been my sole exception, given how Ashley Cope understands that pacing is important.
>>
Why is posting this furshit allowed
>>
>>82334942
The comic moves forward in somewhat real time. Wally and Holly have been together over two years in the comic. That would put the war at least six or seven years ago now.
>>
>>82334971
I see the badass cop as duck i don't know why, and the other one like a black cat
>>
>>82334986
I don't know, read it and maybe you will know it
>>
>>82334942
>A Clockwork Nebari

Now there's an episode title I won't ever forget. That entire episode, I wondered why they'd named it that. You know, until that scene.
>>
>>82334986
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
File: 22-bald-eagle.w529.h529.jpg (63KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
22-bald-eagle.w529.h529.jpg
63KB, 529x529px
>>82334971

>Badass Cop: Bald Eagle, still smokes and wears shades constantly

>Partner Cop: German Shepherd, still a loyal partner to Badass Cop through it all
>>
>>82323038
>Panel 2
>131 again.

I don't believe Aaron when he says it's a coincidence. This has to mean something. Aaron must be a secret pythagarian.
>>
The topsiders went from riding mutts to sending out air force amounts of "drones" that are each the size of a building.

Where the hell did they get all this shit?
>>
File: IMG_20160422_184621_450.jpg (13KB, 234x145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160422_184621_450.jpg
13KB, 234x145px
>>82333736

His shit gives ocularphilia, doesn't it? Doesn't it?!
>>
File: dmNiHMQ.png (215KB, 624x861px) Image search: [Google]
dmNiHMQ.png
215KB, 624x861px
This comic would have been flawless if Aaron Marx was replaced by Rick. At least he would be a good source of humor. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>82329199
Cute
>>
>>82334491
It's the Usagi Effect.
>>
>>82335275
>Oh wow, Rick, we landed in a world with cute, little animal people! There's a squirrel in a hat! And a lizard in a sports jacket!
>Oh come *burp* come one, Morty. This is a post-atomic horror full of selfloathing freaks. You wouldn't last a day here, Morty. Not a day!
>*they walk past Allgood's body, swinging from its lamppost*
>>
>>82335275
No it wouldn't.

Marx doesn't need to be replaced, he needs to be removed, or at least used differently and not as a literal deus ex machina. Him running shit in the background with Jacob as his puppet is a step in the right direction, and can possibly lead to his redemption and us liking him if played correctly in the Dottie + Walt arc, but he's still generally disliked for multiple reasons.

Also Rick a shit.
>>
>>82335419
Could Usagi survive a day in endtown?
>>
Kirbee riding a sybian when??
>>
>>82335466
Yeah, but he'd be at Sasuke-guest-star levels of befuddled and aggravated by the end of it.
>>
File: Eye.png (48KB, 537x123px) Image search: [Google]
Eye.png
48KB, 537x123px
>>82333736
And don't forget Aaron's personal logo.
>>
>>82334709
Endtown even skirts the line right up to directly alluding to or even semi-blatantly depicting anthro sex, but it never crosses into fetishising it - of the three instances that come to mind, the first instance is a mere gag, the second instance is a touching moment and an important plot point and the third allusion is another important plot point that makes the point that love is where you find it.
>>
>>82335913
I just remember the Wally with Holly one, what were the others?
>>
>>82335465
Marx is gonna fuck up the regime-change thing and reveal that even the secret plotting godling doesn't really know what he's doing and is secretly as fucked up as everyone else.
>>
>>82335975
the orgy, and al and gustine on the top of the hill
>>
>>82335975
Stillwater Memorial Bean Orgy and Maud detailing how her husband really enjoyed having a cow for a wife. It manages to imply the guy was furry-in-the-fandom-sense, but also implies that his company did her a world of good.
>>
>>82336058

that's 4 then, here's hoping for a fifth... we have been this close...
>>
So what are we gonna see in the next comic?

I think it's gonna be a slow trip upstairs where we see an ominous shadow fall across a little mousewife cradling a dead fish, huddled in a corner and rocking back and forth.
>>
>>82336048
Thanks, and yeah Endtown is that kind of "furry"comic that can do whatever it wants without being acussed of being furshit or edgy
>>
>>82336110
Didn't Aaron say that if he published an 18+ version of Endtown he might have gone a little further with the sexy stuff, but not a lot?

We know the man definitely sees his own anthro characters as beautiful - just look at the Flask cheesecake or that calendar that's supposedly coming up. I think he's got a furry streak, but he's good enough to not let it bend his writing out of shape.
>>
File: Capture.png (111KB, 301x187px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111KB, 301x187px
>>82336058
>The habitants of endtown will never have a orgy in your honor
>>
File: Allie of Catarina.jpg (64KB, 320x750px) Image search: [Google]
Allie of Catarina.jpg
64KB, 320x750px
>>82334424
Well if we're posting Dark Souls...
>>
>>82336116
For Monday, probably a commentary.

Wally tells Kirbee how Topsiders came to be, how he knows of them due to his past with Apex.

>>82336216
Possibly, but not in the sense most people think of. He wasn't aware of the furries we know of today nor that it was that popular.
>>
File: 6cc.gif (1021KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
6cc.gif
1021KB, 500x281px
>>82337089
Oh shit, nice man.

Wouldn't Gavlan fit Allie more?
>>
>>82337089

AWESOME.

Still want to do Solaire Jim. Sarah or Flask would be a good Lautrec...
>>
>>82337089

dam son!
>>
>>82337157
Dang you're right
>>
>>82337090
>For Monday, probably a commentary.
>Wally tells Kirbee how Topsiders came to be, how he knows of them due to his past with Apex.

That could work as a voiceover on the visuals I mentioned.

I wonder if the police are gonna see Holly and how they're gonna react.
>>
>>82337175

Flask can probably be the Lady of the Darkling.

Pinwheel is Sparkplug, his wife, and child.
Ceaseless Discharge is Lyn.
>>
>>82337090
>Possibly, but not in the sense most people think of. He wasn't aware of the furries we know of today nor that it was that popular.

Yeah, I think he's developed it on his own in the process of writing Endtown instead of getting imprinted with it during childhood (cute design + pretty voice = "Why do I suddenly want to fuck Gadget/Fifi/Minerva?"). His female anthros became less jokey looking and more cute and even hot as the comic went along.

I am not complaining.
>>
>>82334670
I think Swat Kats is a good comparison.

Aaron is a big fan of the Don Rosa Scrooge comics, and I think his take on the genre comes more from than, where the characters are people that happen to be animals, than any sort of connection to the Furry Fandom.
>>
Holly is going to be sent to Pep Cola Park, right? It would be interesting to see how Walter saves everyone
>>
Eh Heveryone!

Well, I've been in a threeway conversation with the publisher, Aaron, and myself. From this I've converted the book into a double column format to better look like a good and proper rpg book. Besides that I've been devoting one hour to editing a day and so far it's turning out. Maybe my efforts will save a buck on the retail price.

Game session will be tomorrow: 12 noon/3pm est over on roll20.

If you have anything you want to say, put or up shut up at [email protected]
>>
>>82339140
After Apex run a bunch of tests on her, probably.

I'm betting it's Walter and Doc Chase, who's gonna be on the Pep Cola Park medical team until he realises that it's all a front.
>>
File: 1461958021425.png (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461958021425.png
66KB, 640x480px
To whoever created this character: she seems to be having five minutes of fame in the /trash/ thread.

>>>/trash/2564098
>>
File: 1392971302513.jpg (87KB, 308x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392971302513.jpg
87KB, 308x480px
>>82335466

You know I drew a picture of that... It wasn't very good.

I'd say sure, as long as the Topsiders don't use spears he'd be fine!
>>
File: Male Opossum2.jpg (851KB, 1890x2095px) Image search: [Google]
Male Opossum2.jpg
851KB, 1890x2095px
>>82339563

Oop:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zUbKbVjWUBeDcxSko5SlAta2c

If you have problems viewing it then try downloading it to a word processing program. Opening in chrome really screws up the formatting.

Take a good look at the art today, its actually the last commission piece for the project.
>>
>>82339777

Is that an electric shaver or something?

Does she like shaving people? Is that a thing?
>>
>>82340106
Actually, that is a thing (see: anything by DC Simpson, one guy who could NOT keep his fetishes out of his furry comics).

But that looks like a tin of beans to me. Symbol of an Endtowner, and all that.
>>
File: 1393392700434.jpg (209KB, 585x591px) Image search: [Google]
1393392700434.jpg
209KB, 585x591px
>>82335466
>>82335669

There's something I always wondered, when Usagi goes to the turtles or in space or wherever does everyone talk to him in Japanese or does he know English? The turtles certainly would know Japanese. Where would he even learn English in being dirt poor in 18th century Japan?

If he went to Endtown I bet he'd go nuts. I bet no one there could speak his language and everyone is obsessed with being an 'anthro' which would mean absolutely nothing to him. Worse, he'd be a racist but not anything like Jacob but because he's Japanese with a pessimistic view of foreigners.

He'd probably think the 'virus' everyone is obsessed over is tuberculosis and for some reason it makes people midgets.
>>
>>82340410
I would have imagined it would have been Japanese in the turtles trips, then he might've picked up English in SPAAAAAAAAAACE.

(Didn't they have a universal translator or something in that future-space comic he guest-starred in, or something? I seem to recall at least one person in the cast spoke Japanese, too.)
>>
>>82315653
Yea and some people are just plain losers with shit internet speeds and the inability to process images quickly.
>>
>>82329522
Or does Endtown have designated shitting streets. Does the mayor shit in the woods?
>>
>>82339563
Wait, wait, it's the rpg going to be a real official thing?
>>
>>82325513
>meanwhile, Rick Moranis is busy mutating horribly next door but everybody ignores him
>>
>>82341210
>He turns into the most adorably pathetic abomination ever and somehow keeps his glasses.
>>
Not sure if anyone cares, but I've been trying to get my head around this comic for months. I keep re-reading the first chapters to see if I'm missing something, but the art is so unclear and the setting is never really established.

Where are they? Where is Endtown? It's like, another planet where the sky is visible, but there's also apparently a 'surface' of some kind that looks like the moon. Are they underground? Sometimes it looks futuristic with flying cars and space elevators, but in other panels it looks like an old brick and mortar town from the 1950s. It's post-apocalyptic, but they also have functioning towns and movie theaters and such.

This comic just isn't compatible with my brain.
>>
>>82341447
What? you have to been kidding if you don't understand the basic concepts of the comic
>>
>>82341499

> Typical angry response meme

Cool answer.
>>
>>82341528
Do you ever finish to read the comic?
>>
>>82341550

Forget it.
>>
>>82341447

Endtown was planned a long while before it all went to shit, it's post apoc earth but with an alt timeline, and any more questions you have are answered in time. LOTS of time. It's a slow burn.
>>
>>82341447
This is an alternate reality earth, think of the fallout games. Now let your imagination roam free
>>
>>82341447
It's an alternate Earth where there's an America-equivalent called "Neitherland" that got apocalypsed using disintegration weaponry six years ago, before which it existed in a state of Fallout-style pseudo-50's retrofuturisticness.

Most of the area we've seen now looks like an enormous plain of dust with the occasional ruin.

Endtown is one of many colonies of survivors, though unlike most, which are built in ruins or sewers, it seems to have been (mysteriously) planned as a survival shelter to begin with, specifically designed to survive that particular war long before anyone should have known it would happen.

It has the best amenities of any colony we've yet seen because it was years in the building and was originally run by a genius before he let others take over.

Endtown is a mile below ground and accessed by a pneumatic tube system that is hidden under the dust.

Survivors in the post-war world consist of either virus-clean humans, or those who suffered one of three effects of the virus: Mutation into either a cartoony anthropomorphic animal or an inhuman abomination with a massive appetite and teeth to match, or the "Typhoid Mary" state, which means they carry the virus but won't necessarily ever mutate.

Anywhere above ground that isn't a ruin or hidden enclave is the domain of the virus-clean Topsiders, venomously resentful ex-DDC in semipermanent hazmat suits who loathe all mutants (mostly because the mutants can walk around and breath freely, while they can't) and want to exterminate them.
>>
>>82341447
>>82341447

You have somehow missed alot of details. The planet was earth like normal. A war broke out with a variant of nuclear missiles that rendered most of the planet's surface a featureless desert.

Endtown is a fallout shelter or colony that several miles underground. The colony is so large that there is a authentic American town inside it. The author really likes retro stuff so alot of it is reminiscent to the 50s or the old serial sci-fi sows from that time.

The city and flying cars are from a flashback hologram brought on by dittos. You did get to the part of the dittos, right?
>>
We seriously need a "new readers guide"
>>
>>82341951
We do

Just read the comic.
>>
>>82342038
That works too
>>
>>82341951

True, there is alot of information. I think the basics would be:
>WW3 makes the world a dust desert.
>The mutagenic virus
>The colony Endtown.
>The Topsiders
>Strongly worded statement about reading the comic.
>Dates of when each chapter starts or a link.
>>
>>82342155
Do we really want posters in these threads who only have a general understanding of what is actually going on? The frequency of waifu posts will increase.

Look at Poppy threads.
>>
>>82341804
>>82341905

Also all the retrofuturistic stuff was mostly available only to the higher echelons of society. The rest were work-a-day Joes in the lower socioeconomic rungs who lived mostly like people in the modern era, right down to having iPods. Some unlucky souls lived in towns that were literal debtor's prisons and implied to be far worse than the other two layers of society.
>>
>>82342206

True. Maybe something that incentivizes reading it like a chapter by chapter summary.
>>
>>82342155
I think the guide should be the phrase READ THE COMIC, and then the rest will just focus on resolve any questions that the reader maybe have AFTER reading the comic. Also a little
paragraph about the dangers of waifufaggotry like >>82342206 said
>>
>>82342321

Yeah, I just don't want to push new people away by making rude dismissive comments.

Maybe just answering their questions then telling them to read.
>>
>>82342304
Why this post has been deleted?
>>
New gopher drawing in the trash
>>
>>82342440
probably triggered the mods/janitors
>>
>>82342384
Don't forget to tell how based Aaron is
>>
>>82342440
>>82342668
>It had that one OC possum girl who doesn't wear pants for some reason
>>
>>82341204
Yes. Practice sessions have been held to test out the rules and new ideas for the past few months.

We still need to do more testing, but it is intended to become an actual product.
>>
>>82343759
fuck pants
that's dumb because I can post a large list of animal characters from cartoons that wear no clothes and actually act lewd too
>>
>>82343802
That sounds really nice, it could increase the number of readers exponentially
>>
>>82335462
>selfloathing freaks
Rick would fit right in.
>>
>>82343886
Definitely, more readers are always appreciated, and they help Aaron out too.

So far what's discussed for the product is nothing too extravagant like a box with figurines and a board to set up levels, it's just a book, though there's a small discussion over whether or not to include a DM screen.

Really what I'm wondering is if people realize that this is an actual game we're playing, and not a parody post like the EEnE game threads.
>>
>>82344007
Who is publishing?
>>
>>82323421
corpses
>>
>>82344084
Haven't asked, RPGanon knows though.
>>
>>82324026
It would also explain why being trapped for ages in a bright room with no access to any sort of comfort and implied physical abuse might trigger a relapse - it dredged up memories of her time with the Disease Control guys.
>>
>>82344380
Thinking what kind of things they will done to her makes the waiting of the monday's strip eternal
>>
>>82344462
It's gonna go on all week.

Maybe we're wrong and she will run away, and her hatred of them comes from seeing what they did at Pep Cola Park, or even just knowing what they did topside while she was living below, waiting for the scavenger parties to come back.

But things are lining up a bit too well here, aren't they?
>>
>>82314501
I have no idea what the fuck I'm looking at.

Assuming shit tier comic.
>>
>>82344244

The same guys that do publishing for Aaron's complete volumes of Endtown.

>>82339563
GOOD! 2 Column format is a must for RPG Books but I'd wait some more until rules are solidified before doing hard editing. Otherwise you'll be moving the pictures around a lot.
>>
>>82345715
I assume it's bait to keep the thread going but I wonder if there are really people who do this, just pop in a thread uninformed to say they don't like the image. It's facebook-tier faggotry.
>>
>>82333768
Something something you are a furry something something cartoon animals in serious setting something.
>>
>>82337090
>>82337445
>>82337497
Yeah, but what amounts to "the furry community" is just a bunch of people who express an interest in a concept that has existed since the dawn of time. It's the internet repeating the same edgy Something Awful joke for the last few years that has bombarded anything with anthropomorphic characters into the "furry" category. There never was a "furry community" before this, and anthropomorphic depictions -even overtly sexy ones- were considered quite normal. In fact, they often still are, because the furry circlejerk only exists among young internet users.

As we've discussed, the problem of the faglords who call themselves "the furry community" is that they are doing absolutely nothing to explore any themes with anthropomorphic imagery. It's often just there for either sex appeal, or to pander to "the community" in comics that are otherwise boring, derivative crap. This does not reflect well on the community. If every furry comic were Blacksad, or Endtown, or whatever, they'd have a much less shitty reputation. One of them got to do a serious comic, and it was just his porn characters being gay in a SFW setting. Not that I really mind, because it did seem to touch on what goes through gay people's heads in relation to Pride Parades, which is interesting, but are YOU going to buy a comic with a fish-lipped fetish character clearly intended to get dicks hard on the cover? I prefer my content to be a little more low-key than that, to be honest.

A lot of people (from both sides) don't seem to realize that furries don't have a monopoly on anthropomorphism. So yes, something with anthro characters WILL attract the audience overtly interested in it. That sort of thing is always going to happen. But that's not a worthwhile observation in its own right.
>>
>>82339563
Oppossums aren't rodents, they're marsupials.
>>
>>82335275
You are wrong.
>>
>>82341583
>Typical angry response meme

I mean, seriously, did you just come here to talk shit, or was it a legit question?
>>
File: Animated Heroine scared.png (479KB, 593x727px) Image search: [Google]
Animated Heroine scared.png
479KB, 593x727px
>>82333686
>those music tracks
>>
>>82314501
>Latin ska music

My nigga
>>
>>82346221

You don't get one thing, anon. Readers have changed. Look back at 80s and early 90s furry comics to find a lot of sci-fi and parody stuff. But sexy stuff was still there. Look up people like Jerry Collins who drew all this campy latex fetish stuff yet with a straight face condemn people he hated for drawing porn.

It seems that the shift started heavily after POE & SA shit and MTV Sex2k stuff. Fandom became more and more sex-focused, kicked into its niche to lie there for years. It stopped being a fandom quite a few years ago and now it's an industry - few furry publication houses that churn out sexy comics, conventions that are driven more towards selling stuff rather than hanging out etc. But is furry the only fandom that does that? Hell no. Given the state of some other fandoms I orbit around, it has become more or less similar just with the sex focus changed to something else.

One thing you also have to remember: Sex sells. Dumb slice of life comics are still read because of a sexy design of a character. No one really reads them for the plot but for just character you enjoy hoping that ONE DAY they will get their shipping done or something like this. In the era of webcomics it's relatively hard to surface with interesting story without pandering to a certain audience. It took Endtown years to get this much of a cult following on 4chan. And it was all done with the strength of the story not tossing throwaway characters for a minute of appeal. And that's really hard - writing a good story. And might take few attempts - but hell it's much more satisfying to read afterwards.
>>
>>82346738
Writing a popular long form webcomic is hard because of the fickle audience. It's just like when you say you're into comics, people assume capes. Even here in Europe. When you say you're into webcomics, people assume The Oatmeal, or what have you.

I looked on Reddit, to see if anyone was talking about Endtown. Not a single fucking one. The webcomics subreddit is literally only reposts of gag-a-day comics.

People read those slice of life comics out of habit. Don't underestimate habit-reading. I know a guy who -until recently- read Sinfest. So I asked him if the soapboxing bothered him, and he was like "yeah, sometimes he does that, but most of the time it's just a fun comic", but that wasn't true. That's just what he convinced himself of.
>>
>>82344711

What if next week is the NCDC chasing Holly around the house with a broom or something?
>>
>>82344244
>>82344084

Aaron's regular publisher Jarildium Press. They're pretty 'indie'

Also furry as hell.
>>
>>82324068
Any news?
>>
>>82346828

> t's just like when you say you're into comics, people assume capes. Even here in Europe

Except France and Belgium maybe. And here they assume more kid-like stuff but we had a strong comic market during communist days so everyone knows characters that started back then. New audience is more interested in Anime and Mangos though so franco-belgian comics are more of middle-age people and the same underground people I adored back in a day are doing mainstream stuff... tastes change. Polish market is super hard to get successful in today, but I can see Endtown having huge appeal here to people past 30. It's the same kind of stories we've been served back in commie days - adventure with a dash of social commentary.

> I looked on Reddit, to see if anyone was talking about Endtown. Not a single fucking one. The webcomics subreddit is literally only reposts of gag-a-day comics.

I have very little opinion of Reddit. I know it's a very popular method of interaction but it's tastes are.... let's not go into that.

> People read those slice of life comics out of habit.

I guess. I mean I have to admit that sometimes I go and look at Sabrina Online out of sheer habit. And I've been doing that for 13 years. Still like it feels like it's going nowhere. It's just mashed potatoes served with every meal - you don't think much about it and there's little flavour to them, they're just filler.

Anyway the point stands - it's very hard to actually break with something standing out. But there's always hoping for that point of over-saturation where people will want to read new shit.
>>
>>82346939
>Except France and Belgium maybe.

I'm Dutch. We're firmly in the Franco-Belgian tradition, and a few days ago some girl asked me "what team are you on?" I was like "wut" and she said "DC or Marvel?"

I find it to be kind of disappointing. I mean, shit, we have stores full of quality comics, with great art and great writing, and these people suddenly let themselves be suckered into being capes fans because of all the movies. I mean, I only know two people who actually read capes comics, and they're a couple (so they count as one). Of course, the assumption that comics are for kids also exists, here. Literally everyone reads comics as a kid. Asterix & Obelix, Donald Duck, etc. A lot of people still pick them up as adults, especially stuff like Tintin and Asterix & Obelix, but comics intended for a mature audience are more niche.

Popularity of animu and mango is one thing that really struck me when I visited St. Petersburg. A bookstore had this huge wall of Russian-language mango, and in one of the pictures I took I later noticed a sign pointing to a story called "Animé City" or something.

>I have very little opinion of Reddit. I know it's a very popular method of interaction but it's tastes are.... let's not go into that.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of Reddit.

>it's very hard to actually break with something standing out.

The problem with webcomics is that it's insanely hard to create any buzz. You rely almost solely on word of mouth, which is why gag comics do so well. You can't post a page of Endtown on Facebook, and have people get it. People need to read the entire comic. There's this webcomic review blog I used to read in order to find new webcomics, but it's been defunct for years. It was the only good resource I knew of where I could find some good insight on new long form webcomics.

Aside from that, I come here. And I have to pick between loads of inane capes threads to find some decent webcomic talk.
>>
>>82346835
>Holly jumps through the window of someone else's house while fleeing
>It's another housewife party
>They all jump up on tables and chairs as Holly runs through and jumps out another window
>"EEEK! A MOUSE! A GIANT MOUSE!"
>>
>>82347147

> I'm Dutch. We're firmly in the Franco-Belgian tradition, and a few days ago some girl asked me "what team are you on?" I was like "wut" and she said "DC or Marvel?" I find it to be kind of disappointing. I mean, shit, we have stores full of quality comics, with great art and great writing, and these people suddenly let themselves be suckered into being capes fans because of all the movies.

With the raise of Marvel cinematic universe and DC's attempts at stealing a bit of that... now to come to think of it I can see where that is coming from, yeah. Not to mention capeshit is trying to promote itself as adult entertainment and people are buying into that.

> Popularity of animu and mango is one thing that really struck me when I visited St. Petersburg. A bookstore had this huge wall of Russian-language mango, and in one of the pictures I took I later noticed a sign pointing to a story called "Animé City" or something.

In Poland weebness is kinda of a strange phenomenon I didn't pay much attention to. I know shit's exploding right now and I don't know why. In Russia though? I have no idea. I guess there's a void after Soyuzmultfilm died a slow death. So there's that to fill.

> The problem with webcomics is that it's insanely hard to create any buzz. You rely almost solely on word of mouth, which is why gag comics do so well. You can't post a page of Endtown on Facebook, and have people get it. People need to read the entire comic.

A nice summary would've been good. Or a promo page. A lot of time drawing Endtown stuff I feel like I making small adverts for it. That's why I constantly link Aaron to it.

> There's this webcomic review blog I used to read in order to find new webcomics, but it's been defunct for years. It was the only good resource I knew of where I could find some good insight on new long form webcomics.

There were webcomic repositories that catalogued stuff by genre, year started adult rating etc. they're kinda dead now too.
>>
>>82347339
>Not to mention capeshit is trying to promote itself as adult entertainment and people are buying into that.

This kind of irks me, compared to Franco-Belgian comics, indie comics, etc. I'm sure superheroes are fun, but they aren't exactly the best vehicle for adult storytelling.

>A nice summary would've been good.

Or its own site. I don't know about you, but using a portal like gocomics screams "cheap comic" to me, and it's not exactly an easy to remember URL. Plus, you're stuck with whatever the site gives you, which appears to be years out of data. The same goes for Aaron's personal site. It looks ancient, and is very minimal. Dude needs to work on his presentation.

>webcomic repositories

I remember those. They were absolutely horrible, and obsessed with cataloguing even the most obscure Paint comics with deceptively positive reviews (all starting with "I know the art is crap, but...).

The site I used to visit was the Webcomic Overlook. Good reviews. Then the writer got picked up by CBR/Robot6 -an exceedingly crappy site-, wrote a few shitty reviews for them covering material he had already covered on his blog, and subsequently disappeared entirely.

It sucks. He was the one non-idiot writing about webcomics.
>>
Busted through from start to finish overnight and so far, so good. I'm sure my complaint isn't an original one, but holy hell was Aaron Marx the most poorly executed plot device in the fucking world goddamn. I would've dropped the comic if the Milk Trial wasn't so well done. I'm gucci with blending drama/sci-fi/supernatural together, but maybe try and keep the supernatural elements to a lower key ala the oracle and Jim getting assumedly possessed than the horrible alternate dimensional wankery of FlaskxMarx
>>
>>82348015

Everybody hates Aaron marx, and like you said, the rest is do well done that we can actually ignore him, regardless of him being so fucking obnoxious.

good thing he has been toned down...
>>
>>82348074
>he has been toned down...
Please stop saying this, there is nothing that suggests so.
>>
>>82348015
>>82348074
I see Marx more in a Q or Trelane kind of light. An all-powerful trickster. I think his business with Flask strikes people as odd, because it seems out of character for that trickster spirit. But the character needed resolution, and the flashback was neat. I don't see how that could have gone differently, really.

I think because every other character is traumatized and flawed, Aaron figured Marx was necessary for Flask's character resolution. As a character, Aaron Marx doesn't really do anything for me. But like I said, I don't really see him as a character, but more as a plot device in his own right, similar to the all-powerful beings from Star Trek I mentioned.

I've got a feeling he's about to show up again.
>>
>>82348074
Cryptic Dreamchild Marx was infinitely more tolerable. I hope he stays like that from now on.
>>
>>82348140
>But the character needed resolution, and the flashback was neat. I don't see how that could have gone differently, really.
While I agree that Marx as Q works that right there is bullshit: The gun explodes, Flask falls from the ship not quite dead, her life flashes before here eyes before she hits the ground and dies for good. There, no Marx needed and we even get to see a bit before her life as a topsider.

Also fuck you, Allie deserved better than Flask and she died in an alley with her last words being "shit happens".
>>
>>82348206
He's not. You people are as bad the ones who believed Clive was Lyn. So narrowminded.
>>
>>82348234
Don't forget the bit where he kisses the thought-cancer out of her.

Goddamn I hope that doesn't happen to Holly. It'd be gross.
>>
>>82348015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw
>>
>>82348234
Calm down, Anon.

I think one of the points of the flashback scenes in Endtown is that the characters interact with them, and explain things. You can't interact with the whole "life flashing before your eyes" thing.

For better or worse, the Marx character is part of the comic. I'm more interested in what he's actually supposed to represent, now. What his deal is. I just don't know enough about him.

I think there's a connection with Schism Syndrone in some way. When Jim went mad, he suddenly seemed to develop telepathy, among other powers. The ditto's are telepathic. makes me wonder if the mutation virus also relies on some sort of telepathy.

We just don't have all the answers. But it does bug me that Aaron have Marx his own first name. Is Marx supposed to be some sort of author standin? It would explain why he did Flask a solid, because it seems Aaron came to like his own villain over time.
>>
>>82348234
Kinda felt to me like Aaron had found himself sympathising with the character much more than he thought he would (like he liked Kirbee enough to keep her around) and tried to work a positive resolution into the plot for her, admittedly via a somewhat bullshitty method due to wanting to finish the arc quickly.
>>
>>82348382
>Is Marx supposed to be some sort of author standin?
Aaron Marx is a character Aaron Neathery's had since middleschool. Some people have speculated that he either began as an imaginary friend or an alter-ego, so yeah, probably something like that.
>>
>>82348444
>since middle school
>dude was born in '74

That's a long time to have a character in your head.
>>
>>82348418

>like he liked Kirbee enough to keep her around

he didn't keep kirbee around just because she was "cool" or "cute", she ended up being a long term solution to some plot holes and narrative issues Aaron had and was trying to fix, keep in mind, Kirbee has a purpose to this story and her time to shine is yet to arrive.
>>
>>82348472
Boy Howdy it is.

If I were feeling uncharitable I could say that having a character in your head so long, especially one that might have been formed from an implicitly-accepted and literally free-wheeling part of your psyche, like an imaginary friend, might make it hard to understand how others will perceive that character, simply because it's so familiar to you, the writer.

Aaron Marx might turn out to be a great character that A.N. just totally muffed the introduction of. We'll have to see.
>>
>>82348382
>author standin
>>82348444
>alter-ego

Don't forget his evil(er) alter-ego, "I"/"Eye" >>82335754

Both of them seem to be "signature" characters of a sort.

Aaron's not Mormon, is he? I seem to recall they like to write themselves into their works in such positions as a form of spiritual-literary practise. I know Howard Taylor does.
>>
>>82348502
Yeah, he liked her in terms of character potential. Never said anything about cool or cute.

Though she *is* cute.

(And also totally I's pawn that it's set up to drive a wedge between Wally and Holly, MUAHAHA)
>>
>>82348544
>Howard Taylor

Now there's a name I haven't heard in ages. Which character is his standin? Makes me wonder if Brandon Sanderson does it, too, with that wildly succesful Fantasy saga of his.

>>82348517
I'm getting a weird feeling for Neathery as a writer. A lot of his characters are repurposed characters from lighthearted, 90's newspaper-esque strips. I used to wonder why Albert and Gustine went completely out of focus after their first arc. I mean, it's a great arc that makes good use of the central theme. But it turns out Wally and Holly are completely new characters (or so it seems), purposebuilt for the setting. And they've been carrying the comic ever since.
>>
>>82348607
>Now there's a name I haven't heard in ages. Which character is his standin? Makes me wonder if Brandon Sanderson does it, too, with that wildly succesful Fantasy saga of his.

It's curious with Howard. Kevyn the mad scientist is kind of his self-insert (but way more appealing than Marx, personally speaking, because he's humanly fallible), but if I remember correctly Taylor also literally turns up as God in certain hallucinatory sequences. I believe it fits in to an interesting belief that Mormons have that their afterlife is essentially one of ruling as god over a universe of their own creation - basically writing is "practise" for this.

Personally I think a lot of authors do it, whether we notice or not, or actually mind if we do, is just down to how and how well its done.
>>
>>82348607
>I'm getting a weird feeling for Neathery as a writer. A lot of his characters are repurposed characters from lighthearted, 90's newspaper-esque strips. I used to wonder why Albert and Gustine went completely out of focus after their first arc. I mean, it's a great arc that makes good use of the central theme. But it turns out Wally and Holly are completely new characters (or so it seems), purposebuilt for the setting. And they've been carrying the comic ever since.

Yeah, people have said that he's been shedding the middleschool/highschool/college stuff as he goes, and I kind of get what they're saying. It remains to be seen if Marx is hanging around because he's a last vestige or because he's the product of natural selection.

Seems we're heading for an arc-switch to Dottie and Walt at the end of the year. I'm worried about what that means for Wal' and Hol', but I think Dottie and Walt are fairly appealing characters.

Now lets just hope that Endtown doesn't end with an Everyone Gets Dead scenario like his Aaron Marx and Albert comics did.
>>
>>82348753

I don't think there'll be a sweet ending for the world. A disaster will be averted but the world will be ruined.
>>
>>82348277
I think Marx is just like certain genres of music, anon, he's never gonna appeal to some people, and some of them think he clashes with the house ambiance, to boot.
>>
>>82348789
>A disaster will be averted but the world will be ruined.
Isn't it already ruined?
>>
>>82348789
I fear you may be right, o artist.

And then Aaron's gonna start the sequel to Endtown with the characters reincarnated once more, and we're gonna keep hoping for a happy end...
>>
>>82348804
Endtown = Electroswing
Aaron Marx = A madcap machine made out of a thousand slide-whistles
>>
>>82348830

>Rebuild of Endtown

Jesus, the tonal likeness to Evangelion just keeps raising its head...
>>
>>82348607
>But it turns out Wally and Holly are completely new characters (or so it seems), purposebuilt for the setting. And they've been carrying the comic ever since.

Yeah. He's gotta follow his muse, but I really suspect that to a lot of people, especially those that have come onboard in the last few years, the comic IS more or less "The Adventures Of Holly and Wally", no matter what Aaron says. I hope he doesn't lose any readers after the upcoming switch.
>>
>>82348807
Either it'll remain ruined, or Suule meant "ruined-er".

Like, the sun goes out or something.
>>
File: The Geo-Front.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Geo-Front.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
>>82348943
I wonder why nobody has pointed out before that Endtown itself is like NGE's geo-front: huge, with a water supply, machines that launch to the surface, ancient and with a mysterious origin.
>>
>>82349277
>Where are they keeping their secret captured alien god-being?
>Aaron says we'll see where the water supply comes from sooner or later
>>
>>82348858
If Endtown is any music genre, it's the goddamn Blues, and you know it.

>>82349029
>>82348753
At first, I was kind of disappointed to know that it'd basically be the big Wally & Holly show. But now, they've gone through a lot of development, and I'm interested to see where they'll end up. I mean, he just threw Holly's baby anguish in there after the conclusion of their first arc. We're looking at the resolution of it right now, I think.

I'm also curious about what happened to Linda. I thought she had a good arc, and it ended with her packing her bags and walking off. I'm not really too hot about Dotty and Walt, to be honest. They do fine as supporting characters, but at this point they have too much character to be introduced fresh, and too little to carry a story on their own. But maybe that's just me.

I feel Wally and Holly have seen too much of the logic behind this world to be discarded. They've seen more than anyone from Endtown.

>>82348705
Mormons. They're this odd mix of weird and boringly respectable.
>>
>>82349215

No what I mean is that apocalypse was done to prepare humanity for a greater threat. And all this horrible shit that's being done right now is to ENSURE the greater threat goes away.

I am sure Topsiders are actually not a part of this equation give how Marx doesn't work with them.
>>
>>82349406
>I feel Wally and Holly have seen too much of the logic behind this world to be discarded. They've seen more than anyone from Endtown.

Has Aaron ruled out their becoming part of a future arc once more, or even one day joining in Dottie and Walt's arc? I'd like to think that Aaron's nearly-idyllic concept art for the later part of their story leaves the possibility of their return open (a triumphant return from a great but unseen quest, perhaps?), assuming he hasn't decided to kill some or all of them instead in the course of refining his plans for the story as a whole.
>>
>>82349406
Aaron himself insists that electroswing was very popular in Neitherland before the apocalypse.
>>
>>82349511
I have no clue. But I can tell you one thing: Aaron obviously plans as he's going ahead. Nothing is set in stone, really. After all, this is the comic that started as a lighthearted humour comic, and then turned itself into one of the most depressing post-apocalyptic comics I've ever read.
>>
>>82349545
I'm sure it was, given how Neitherland seems to be a retrofuture Dieselpunk world. But in tone, Electroswing is very upbeat, while Blues is depressive and deals with worldly issues.
>>
>>82349545
>Aaron himself insists that electroswing was very popular in Neitherland before the apocalypse.

that's not what he said

he said "Hillside is a very Electroswing-kind of place"
>>
>>82349548
Well, Al showed up again eventually. We can only hope.
>>
>>82349406
>>82349545
>>82349570
>>82349587

Guy's it's a moot point.

The eldritch tin whistle engine of doom goes with nothing.
>>
>>82349406
>at this point they have too much character to be introduced fresh
I don't see how that's a problem. They're not being introduced fresh, they'd be continuing from where they left off before Holly and Wally stole the show.

>too little to carry a story on their own
He can just keep building their characters, you know? People change all the time. Holy now is barely recognizable from the one that traveled in Wally's backpack.
>>
>>82349705
>you will never carry cute mouse gf in backpack
>>
>>82349705
Point is, Walt has always been a risk-averse individual who needs Dotty to get him to do shit. He needs to change a lot in order to be a compelling character. I've always felt like the guy was more a joke, and that worked fine for him showing up a few pages every now and then.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 800x1066px
>>82346899
Sorry, forgot to upload it.
>>
>>82349995
That's damn cute, dude.

Thread's about to vanish, though, so you might wanna put it in the next one that pops up so that more people can bask in the adorable.
>>
File: endtown-2013-05-27.gif (254KB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2013-05-27.gif
254KB, 1200x1190px
>>82349850
The guy shows his worth when shit hits the fan and shit hit the fan real bad last time we saw him.
>>
File: endtown-2013-05-28.gif (209KB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2013-05-28.gif
209KB, 1200x1190px
>>82350125
>>
>>82349995
Huh, the mouse part of her instincts probably finds the wheel quite enthralling, too.

I briefly kept a wild mouse as a pet once, and that little thing took to the wheel I had like nothing else mattered.
>>
>>82349995
>>82350198

>Holly secretly keeps a similar wheel she commissioned from a metalworker in her closet in Endtown.
>She feels really conflicted when she runs on it...
>>
File: New canvas.png (449KB, 1137x1501px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.png
449KB, 1137x1501px
>>82314501

I just read the whole thing in 2 days myself. I'm friggin' loving it <3

To be fair, I didn't even expect it to catch me until the end!

(Sorry for the sketch, it's just something I did real fast with no refs at hand
>>
>>82350674
Any and all fanart is welcome anon. That's really cute! You got a blog? Or a name we can file it under in our booru?
>>
>>82350674
It's always good to have new blood!
>>
>>82350133
I hope when the arc shifts to them, I hope we get more details on Dottie calling him the Hero of Pep Stadium, because that sounds awesome.
>>
>>82350725

Oh, thanks! I'd be glad to have it there! Also, don't exactly have a nick for this kind of things... I mean, not for "non lewd" stuff.

Maybe use platNproud, it's a name I'll probably use. Yes I'm aware it's awful XD

>>82350884

Yeah, and am I glad to see so much people enjoying it too! I mean, this comic has been running for 7 years and I barely heard about it! Yet there's sooo much effort put into it and Aaron has been so dang coherent with the uploads despite the lack of huge popularity.

That's something to respect. That's why I'll work hard to let it be known, even here in Italy, that there's a wonderful postapocalyptic around!

I hope the guy gets as much support as possible, to keep the thing running *__*
Thread posts: 536
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.