[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Beyond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 551
Thread images: 45

File: splice.jpg (47KB, 961x721px) Image search: [Google]
splice.jpg
47KB, 961x721px
Remember the episode where Terry crusaded against Trans-rights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILdwhHysx_M
>>
>>82040984
Mercy with snake eyes, well i do like jacking it in the office supplies closet. We were running low on white out anyway.
>>
File: splice2.png (249KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
splice2.png
249KB, 640x480px
>>82040984
Yes, and even Dana almost got to be a wild animal.
>>
File: terry-and-dana.jpg (17KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
terry-and-dana.jpg
17KB, 337x253px
>>82041413
Tuff luck
>>
File: tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png (66KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png
66KB, 250x188px
How come these girls wanted to become pretty?
>>
>fedora vampires
>4:30
>Batman beyond created the term normies

I cant wait for the beta spliced uprising in...
>2039

That's too far away REEEEEEE
>>
>>82040984
if splicing becomes a thing the furries will take over
>>
Getting spliced as a teen would be like tattoos are now, but even more regrettable and irreversible when you become an adult.
>>
>>82040984
>Popular attractive girl
>Just has her eyes done
>Has cards ready
Clearly Chelsea was getting a discount by advertising for the company.

>Dat Ice T cameo
>>
>>82042177
Splicing is verbatim gene therapy, and we are nowhere close to getting that shit worked out yet
>>
>>82042445
Yes, and she will have her eyes on you.
>>
I feel like Terry was an unlikable character most of the time. Then again, so was Beyond Bruce. He didn't feel anything like Bruce from the rest of the DCAU.

Does /co/ generally feel that way as well?
>>
File: Onekiss.png (201KB, 620x459px) Image search: [Google]
Onekiss.png
201KB, 620x459px
>>82042585
Yes but he is sexy to the girls.
>>
File: tumblr_lf3tcjHBSS1qd5hjz[1].jpg (19KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lf3tcjHBSS1qd5hjz[1].jpg
19KB, 220x300px
GOD DAMN SPLOICERS!!!
>>
File: BATMAN-BEYOND-SPLICERS-TONE.jpg (257KB, 1402x811px) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN-BEYOND-SPLICERS-TONE.jpg
257KB, 1402x811px
This is an amazing show.
>>
>>82042585
I haven't watched it in a long time, but Terry's a teenager. Teenagers aren't the most likable. Even so, I thought he was a cool guy. He was a tough kid who was starting to get bitter, being Batman was basically his excuse to let out his frustrations in a positive way. I seem to remember him mellowing out as he got older.

As for Bruce, the show made it pretty clear that by this point he'd ostracized himself from everyone who ever cared about him and made a point not to be anyone's friend. His bitterness and cynicism, which I think you can see in the rest of the DCAU shows, though not as prevalent as here, had finally won out. He's still a good person in that he wants to do good how he can, but he's definitely not a happy person.
>>
>>82040984
>It establishes me as an individual, just like all my friends
>It's the future whether you stinking norms (cis) like it or not
So far it seems just like the losers in real life
>People cheer at the freaks getting beat up
Haha sorry my mistake life is bleak
>>
>>82042585
I think for the DCAU at least Bruce was being just being himself for the first time ever. He spent however many years alone and bitter he physically wasn't capable of being Batman.

Terry came off as what I think Robin, any Robin would have been like while working for/with Batman. And that means the mission comes first, at all times. I think it made all Terry's relationships short and strained.
>>
>>82040984
Trannies have a diagnosed disease and its a form of autism. Its not something to embrace.
>>
>>82042765
>>82042802
Those are some good points. I guess I should make it clear that I don't hate Terry as a character, I just don't like him. I also don't like Beyond that much as far as the DCAU shows go.

I feel like Terry's justification for being unlikable was how Bruce treated him most of the time, which made for an interesting dynamic.

I also feel that Bruce's cynicism in Beyond was further made believable by certain things he does in JL and JLU, which hadn't come out yet at the time of Beyond.
>>
>>82042772
You're right, posting shit about this gets you fired in real life
>>
>>82042522
That, and you have the issue of how to force expression. Even if you could, say, splice in the genes for cat-eyes into a human, you'd essentially have to remove the subjects eyeballs and make the new ones grow in their place. And feline genetic code doesn't account for that by itself.
>>
>>82042818
>Trannies have a diagnosed disease
Yes, this is true.

>its a form of autism
Do you even know what autism is? Get off the Internet sometime.
>>
>>82042921
But then how would he stay up to date with the latest memes
>>
If I could become part lobster, I would.

So should you.
>>
>>82040984
Remember that time OP projected his politics onto something completely unrelated to them?
>>
>>82042979
It's been happening with a lot of threads on /co/ lately.
>>
>>82042941
Why lobster?
>>
>>82042585
I never liked Batman Beyond. It felt like Spider Man in the future but less interesting, no decent bad guys and with a grumpy old man complaining in his ear

I gave it a shot, didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>82040984
I'm all for transhumanism, but changing what one looks like for social reasons could really fuck society over. Imagine what would happen when men are able to get bigger dicks. Within a year no man could walk without tripping over himself.
>>
>>82043032
Live forever as long as you don't get eaten.
>>
>>82043006
You're right. I should be more specific.
>>
If I could be part lobster
A lobster I would be
I would clack my way home
I would have a job
>>
>>82043054
You just gotta roll it up like a lizard tongue.
>>
>>82043048
>No decent bad guys
Well i think that's rather false
>>
>>82043032
I like the color red and it'd make fighting easier with an exoskeleton
>>
>>82043048
I felt the same way. The villains were incredibly boring compared to the classic Batman villains, and the mood of the whole show was kind of drab and depressing. I know with that description, BTAS should be drab and depressing too, but I didn't get the same vibe from that show.
>>
File: ButI.png (272KB, 601x444px) Image search: [Google]
ButI.png
272KB, 601x444px
>>82042933
Maybe.
>>
>>82043110
I can name three off the top of my head, Blight, Inque and Goliath. I watched the whole series.

I can name almost the entire rogues gallery of Superman, Batman, Spider Man and The Flash.
>>
>>82043075
Shouldn't you be a sea turtle then, since they live even longer and no one eats them?
>>
File: Earthmover.jpg (43KB, 574x430px) Image search: [Google]
Earthmover.jpg
43KB, 574x430px
>>82043171
Shriek, kurae, spell binder, and mr. freeze plus yours are the only ones that I remember. Also earth mover. Always earth mover.
>>
>>82043171
The Inque episode was a really interesting one. Felt like a BTAS episode like the Clayface one or something, with a bad end.
>>
>>82043207
Mr. Freeze doesn't count, he wasn't a creation of the show.
>>
>>82043176
can't I just be part lobster
>>
>>82043321
If splicing were real, you could be whatever you wanted as long as a procedure had been developed for it.

But it's not real.
>>
>>82043352
i'm going to make it real i'm going to be the first lobster american
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-03-09-22h09m47s72.png (98KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-03-09-22h09m47s72.png
98KB, 320x240px
>>82042765
Yeah, cause it's life.
>>
>>82043352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU
>>
>>82040984
>crusaded against trans-rights
more like furries.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-03-09-21h22m13s212.png (252KB, 656x496px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-03-09-21h22m13s212.png
252KB, 656x496px
I'm Terry could take a break and a girl to go out with.
>>
File: 37.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
What does Dana Tan Thinks?
>>
File: post-3923-1241020990.jpg (45KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
post-3923-1241020990.jpg
45KB, 720x544px
What girls do you like in the show?
>>
Who is your favortie women from Batman Beyond?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FOjW2gRVUM
>>
>>82043006
>It's been a recent trend in bait
fixed.
>>
>>82043207
>imagine seeing your friend having sex with your daughter who he adopted after murdering you
>>
>>82043107
TBPH, I'd rather just ban it and keep only practical augmentations legal like high CO2 tolerance or the ability to see UV light.
>>
>>82043054
Transhumanism is the biggest pseudo-intellectual meme of the last decade.
>>
>>82042941
Me too, actually.

I'd at least settle for some enormous pincers or even an exoskeleton.
>>
>>82046216
>pseudo-intellectual
>spouting vacuous memes to counter memes
Step it up, senpai.

Anyway, you aren't wrong. Most "transhumanists" are just neckbears with a soul crushing fear of death. Have you ever looked at the estimates transhumanist futurists give as to when mind uploading will be a thing? Each prediction coincidentally comes right before actuarial tables say each respective futurist is supposed to die. Kurzweil himself outright stated he is horribly afraid of death.

THAT being said, I still believe we shouldn't as a species shy away from improving ourselves. We must at very least get rid of most genetic disorders.
>>
>>82043207
Shriek was GOAT
>their first major fight
>the sound effects reflect the intense deafness Terry was experiencing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmAmQch7Kfg

This is real shit right here.
>>
>>82042888
The events in Epilogue(Ace's scene), the JL/JLU, and Tim Drake's bad end, the Near Apocalype of 09, (plus whatever else +40 years of tragedies eating away at him, bit by bit) gradually changed him into the man he became when Terry met him.

The show made a point of emphasizing the 0 shits Old Bruce gave when it came to killing Superman, or torturing if it was a more efficient way to get information/save the day.

I felt like Bruce, Commissioner Barbara Gordon, and Old Drake all felt like very believable future versions of their characters.
>>
>>82040984
Call me when splicers insist on different pronouns and being treated like animals.
>>
>>82046509
Uploading isn't even avoiding death. From your perspective, you'd still be in your meat body, but now there'd be a digital duplicate.
>>
>>82046964
I agree. I liked Barbara's "I'm too old for this shit" attitude in particular.

>Near Apocalype of 09
Assuming you're talking about the Darkseid thing in JLU, where was it stated what year that took place in? Is there some sort of DCAU timeline?
>>
>>82046509
A soul crushing fear of death isn't a bad thing if it inspires you to work on, or support, practical research aimed at improve one's longevity through existing and new fields of research.

My issue is with Utopian Transhumanists who project themselves so far into the future that they believe that we'll all just love each other. Stuff like the first two seasons of Star Trek, TNG----Roddenberry's version of humanity and the Federation, etc.

Those guys annoy the piss out of me.
>>
>>82047108
>A second generation of humans isn't even avoiding death. It's just replacement.
It's better than the alternative. Plus I think it's kind of silly to define the self uttelry by your own beating heart. At least to some extent you are also your genes and memes.
>>
>>82047137
Some unspecified future Cataclysm (as the name suggests) that took place years after JLU/JL ended. Rash Al Ghul "died" during it. The episode mentioning it came out in 2000.

I've always suspected it was the mass death event that reduced the Justice League from countless heroes to the 5 we see in Beyond.
>>
>>82047289
Ah, so it was just something mentioned in an episode that takes place in the future? I don't remember that specifically, but I remember something like it.
>>
>>82046774
I am kinda a fan of the vampire look. I'd go with the inverse of it if people were already getting freaky with it.
>>
File: boo.png (82KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
82KB, 317x317px
>>82040984
Being transgender is nothing like getting surgery to become an animal. Transgender people only become male or female, something everyone has a 50/50 chance of being born as anyway.
>>
File: star_trek-reading_rambo.jpg (37KB, 550x596px) Image search: [Google]
star_trek-reading_rambo.jpg
37KB, 550x596px
>>82047159
I guess I agree with you. Nothing will ever be perfect. But I like the utility of utopian visions of the future. It's a means of self improvement by giving you a goal to progress towards and in so doing make the world a better place little by little. Star Trek for example is my heroine.

I love how humans in Star Trek represent everything we strive to be and that alien species often represent different aspects of past or present humanity. The Federation trying to teach other species to stop being assholes represents the teaching present humanity to not be such assholes.
>>
>>82047260
Having kids isn't avoiding death, either. It's a completely different thing.
>>
I'm an SJW and I think trans people aren't right in the head. Cutting off fully functional body parts isn't healthy, especially when you are doing it just to conform to cookie cutter gender roles.
>>
>>82047465
Most people don't simply have a problem with death. They have a problem with being erased from existence, from being forgotten or dying without having an impact on the world.
>>
>>82047361
Yeah, it was from Batman Beyond's (second?) season, during a conversation between "Talia", Old Bruce, and Terry talking about their history.

God that episode was a perfect mixture of creepy and depressing. That and the Bane episode, when they reveal what happened to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoczMQEcab8
>>
>>82047510
Most people on both sides don't seem to be aware of what dysphoria is. It's a physical problem that you're born with, not "I feel like a girl/boy".

Most of the people who claim to be pro-trans are just making things worse by assuming it's for men and women who want to fit into the opposite gender role, but that belief just re-enforces those roles.
>>
>>82047510
I love it when people think gender confirmation surgery is just "cutting off body parts" when it's actually a reconstruction of body tissue.
And that they have a better idea of what's "healthy" than the many, many doctors involved in approving the process for a patient, performing it, and confirming its proven value to the health and well-being of their patients.
>>
>>82047593
I remember old Bane. I wish they would have just killed the poor bastard.
>>
>>82047654
Then what is dysphoria if it's not a mental thing?
>>
>>82040984
Remember when Terry killed at least three venom patch manufacturers by having an industrial roll of newspaper crush them under tons of its weight?
>>
>>82042585

I'm torn on bruce. While it made sense for him to be alone and miserable, they took it a bit too far with babs and Dick. Not just the relationship, but how sour Dick and Bruce were to each other even in Gotham Knights.
>>
>>82047672
>I love it when people think gender confirmation surgery is just "cutting off body parts" when it's actually a reconstruction of body tissue.
A) Why would you love that?
B) It's the same fucking thing only one is derogatory.

And of course doctors approve it. They make money off of it! There will always be some doctor willing to do it for enough money if there is no law against it.
>>
>>82042585
Bruce seems to give less of a shit about making sure criminals aren't severely hurt by Terry. I don't recall him ever shouting at Terry going "You could have killed him. You broke his hip bone!" or some of the legitimate deaths Terry caused like ODing Bane's nurse who was making slappers or genetically mutating the splicer guy into an abomination.
>>
>>82047410
I totally get the appeal. A lot of the show is a very noble goal for our species, no doubt about that.

For me, personally, I like DS9 for the opposite reasons----Sisko, the show running touching on the implied corruption and incompetence of the Federation, stuff like that. I liked "The Neutral Zone" from TNG, but for probably all of the wrong reasons.

When I think of the future, I think of a mixture of Human Revolution and Mass Effect, where we've clearly progressed in major ways, but we're still as flawed as ever. To me, that's inspiring.
>>
>>82047654
Trans people sell it as them trying to become the opposite gender "because they were born that way" so that's what everyone believes. Claiming that it is a psychological disorder is probably right a lot of the time, but claiming it is always dysphoria is a bit presumptuous. That's why I take a step back and argue on the trans people's terms. It's not really that sensible no matter how you frame it.
>>
>>82047754
It's a physical problem with the nervous system. Your brain is sexed, and if it doesn't match the rest of your body you get a chemical imbalance that causes severe depression.
>>
>>82047801
>A) Why would you love that?
I was being sarcastic.
>There will always be some doctor willing to do it for enough money if there is no law against it.
But it's not something only an unscrupulous doctor will only do if you offer to pay. It's something psychiatrists recommend for the treatment of gender identity issues, and something that the majority of medical establishments consider medically necessary for transgender people.
>>
>>82047896
If you don't actually have dysphoria you should not be transitioning. You're just re-enforcing gender stereotypes.
>>
>>82047883
Bah. I like DS9 and all Star Trek series, but I hold a little grudge against DS9 for trying to muddy the water. I thought Section 31 was going too far.

Section 31 is supposed to make sensible arguments by today's standards but still be opposed by the main cast to emphasize how unwilling future humanity is to compromise its ideals, which is a noble message. But I didn't like that Section 31 was stated to be as old as the Federation. It's an unnecessary detail that might imply that the Federation owes it's current prosperity to compromise, undermining the very message Section 31 was created to convey.
>>
>>82047995
>a chemical imbalance that causes severe depression
Which means that that person would describe it to another person as "feeling like a boy/girl." How else would you convey in words what that would feel like?

It's a mental thing as well as physical thing.
>>
>>82048051
Are you arguing that surgery is a good treatment for people with dysphoria?
>>
>>82048107
No, that's not the same at all. It's not "feeling like a boy/girl", it's feeling severe depression. "Feeling like a boy/girl" suggests fitting into traditional gender roles, which has nothing to do with dysphoria.
>>
>>82048167
With HRT, yes. It's a physical problem that needs to be medically addressed.
>>
>>82047995
The depression is not fitting in to gender roles. If everyone on Earth had a similar "imbalance" then there wouldn't be a problem. Men would act more like women and women would act more like men. It's the attempt to resist one's nature and conform to gender roles that leads to dissatisfaction with life.
>>
>>82048219
Shouldn't we be researching how to cure the disease rather than appeasing it by radically altering the body to match the symptoms?
>>
>>82048189
I really don't understand your point at all. You described dysphoria as the sex of the brain not matching the sexual organs, which can cause depression. If a therapist were to ask a person like this why they felt depressed, they would describe it by saying that they feel like a different sex than they actually are.

What am I saying that contradicts what you're saying?
>>
>>82048277
No, that's completely wrong.

Acting or being treated in a traditionally male/female way has nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's a hormonal problem with your body. The depression dyogoria causes has nothing to do with how you act or are treated.
>>
>>82048219
How do breast implants and wearing a dress address the problem? Not all trans people are on cocktails of hormones and if the hormones corrected the problem then they could simply take the hormones instead of switching gender. Switching gender in the eyes of society is an attempt to conform to gender roles.
>>
File: 1460605873827.gif (389KB, 300x230px)
1460605873827.gif
389KB, 300x230px
>>82042177
>>82043713
>>82040984
>when you realize there will probably be a push for Furry rights within out life time.
>>
>>82048295
>If a therapist were to ask a person like this why they felt depressed, they would describe it by saying that they feel like a different sex than they actually are.

See, this is the problem. You jump to this conclusion from nowhere.
>>
Just like trannies, it's unnatural!
>>
>>82048371
I can't imagine any other way that you could describe this type of depression in English words to another human being. Enlighten me on how one would do that.
>>
>>82048351
They don't need to have the other changes. The hormones are what matter.
>>
>>82048350
If it's a hormonal problem then hormone treatment by itself should be able to fix it. Surgery isn't necessary nor is a complete change of wardrobe. Both have everything to do with conforming with gender roles.

A man should be able to act like a woman and a woman should be able to act like a man without surgery. They should act however they want to act.
>>
>>82048387
It's depression. There is no "I feel like the opposite gender".
>>
>>82048393
So if I'm understanding correctly, if someone takes hormones to fix their balance, then they would feel better, and at that point, things like cross-dressing or sexual reassignment surgery are only personal lifestyle choice and not medical necessity.

Is that correct?
>>
>>82048386
What makes you think it's okay to use that slur?
>>
>>82048414
Yes.
>>
>>82048393
Well I've never been arguing against the correction of hormonal imbalance. I've only been arguing against the want for surgery to conform to gender roles.
>>
>>82048460
Bingo.
>>
>>82048351

For some people, being viewed as their preferred "gender" by society is the endgame. Like "If I look enough like a woman that society acknowledges me as a woman, then I'm happy"
>>
>>82048351
>How do breast implants and wearing a dress address the problem?
Because despite the ideal being a world where we don't have to conform to gender norms, sometimes, it's just less stressful to give in to some of other people's standards of what makes your a girl or a boy.

You're already screwing yourself over by making the switch in the first place, might as well not add to the troubles.
>>
>>82048469
>>82048499
Sweet.

I still have a problem with someone hacking off their own penis just because society says they have to act a certain way merely because their genitalia are on the outside. Mutilation for the sake of pleasing others doesn't sit right with me and I think anyone who might opt for that would benefit from counseling. You should learn to love your body instead of changing it for others. If it aint broken then don't fix it.
>>
File: chillbrah.jpg (83KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
chillbrah.jpg
83KB, 500x313px
>>82048588
>calling trannies mental defects when you are getting assblasted because someone disagreed with you
/pol/ go home, your autism is showing.
>>
>>82048605
Sophisticated surgery is hardly "mutilation".

Unless the surgeon fucks up.
>>
>>82040984
>Remember the episode where Terry crusaded against Trans-rights?
He's a true hero
>>
File: argo111.jpg (36KB, 720x339px) Image search: [Google]
argo111.jpg
36KB, 720x339px
>>82048357
>My future grandson will identify as a furfag.
>My future child will be legally obligated under the Otherkin Act of 2037 to pay for their reconstructive surgery into a wolf.
>Mfw my grandchild can't even be original enough to want to be a reptilian.
>>
>>82048705
Except that didn't happen.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>82048514
>>82048573
Trans rights seems like a silly movement if gender reassignment itself is simply an attempt to conform. The movement should be about changing society such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles.
>>
>>82048605
There's this gif of how sexual reassignment surgery is done. It's actually pretty neat.

As for your opinion on the matter, I really don't think it's just to please society. The decision to have the surgery is a years-long process for most people, and I would think that personal happiness is the main deciding factor for most of those people.
>>
https://youtu.be/sVJt6Q1j7H0?t=1m4s

>Your car is made of legos!
>your face is made of mega blox!
>Now way man. K'nex.
>>
>>82048761
The reason it seems silly and self-contradictory is because it's different people wanting different things out of society and themselves. None of these movements can agree on a set of consistent beliefs to push for, so it all just gets thrown into a big mushing pot of sorts.
>>
>>82048761
>Trans rights seems like a silly movement if gender reassignment itself is simply an attempt to conform.
Far from it. It's just being realistic.

You've got a dick. You want to be a girl. It's hard enough becoming a girl. But there's a point where even most of the people supporting you would rather see you act and dress like their idea of a girl. What's the point fighting them off, too? Not to mention interacting with complete strangers whose only interactions is with how you're projecting yourself. It's just being realistic.
>>
>>82047401
Except they don't because you can never change your dna
>>
>>82048467
hahahahah fag
>>
>>82048834
In that case though, wouldn't being a trap be a more attractive option? I would think most people would rather keep their real junk so they can use it to masturbate naturally, and just have an outward appearance of being a girl.

It doesn't make much difference in your sex life anyway, since whether or have a dick or a surgically added pseudo-vagina, you'd have to tell the truth to any potential romantic partners about what you really are.
>>
>>82048467
>tranny
>slur

You're a cunt. How's that?
>>
>>82048894
>In that case though, wouldn't being a trap be a more attractive option? I would think most people would rather keep their real junk so they can use it to masturbate naturally, and just have an outward appearance of being a girl.
HRT is what changes outward appearances, not the sex surgery. And when you take HRT you're changing the body. It's not all about the junk. Facial Feminization Surgery alone is found to be equally effective if not more so than Sex Reassignment Surgery with Facial Feminzation Surgery.

I don't know why you're limiting the discussion to be about junk when that's hardly the only body part being changed during the whole process.
>>
>>82048761
>such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles.
You're taking to people who are either unaware or have neglected to mention nonbinary and genderqueer, people who don't identify as strictly male or female with or without receiving any gender-related medical care.
Not even all binary trans people transition medically, but what's wrong with the ones who want to? Why shouldn't someone who lives, identifies and presents as female want breasts and a vagina? Plenty of non-trans women have them and love having them, not to please other people or conform to outside expectations of who they must be as women. If you think no trans women should be able to feel the same way, what kind of supporter of self-determined gender are you?
>>
>>82048761
>changing society such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles

MtF here and even I think that's silly. You can't expect society to upturn all its cultural norms and learned patterns just for your sake. Imagine if I was a 300lb bearded dude who suddenly expected society to treat me as a woman
>>
>>82049029
I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't limiting the conversation to just genitalia. I was just making the point that keeping your genitalia intact and focusing on the other visible aspects of your appearance should satisfy most people.
>>
>>82049069
This discussion branched out from a post asking why they feel the need to wear dresses or have breast implants back here >>82048351 . This thing about genitalia feels like you wandered in from another thread of posts.
>>
>>82049029
Well, for Dana, she wanted to have sex with him, because she always wanted this moment with Terry alone.
>>
>>82048882
If transgender people can disobey their DNA, what can it really prove about what a person really is or should be?
>>
>>82049130
>This thing about genitalia feels like you wandered in from another thread of posts.
I did actually. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
File: Local Cyborg Vixen Goes Awoo.png (322KB, 867x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Local Cyborg Vixen Goes Awoo.png
322KB, 867x1000px
>>82048357
>>
>>82043054
Oh jeez
>>
File: 1459822035949.webm (875KB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459822035949.webm
875KB, 406x720px
>>82049208
No problem.
>>
>>82048761
>The movement should be about changing society
Society is a reflection of personal choice and opinions and badgering people's personal choices and opinions is unethical.
>>
>>82048467
What makes you think it's not?
>>
Daily reminder that most trannies are like Ahuviya Harel or Phoniex Singer.
>>
>>82047108
Yeah, that's what I always feel about this "mind uploads" or "backups". It's not *you*, you die; it's juts a "you" for other people to play with. A new version of a photo.

Similarly teleportation via making a copy and destroying the original seems like a horrible waste of resources.
>>
>>82040984
More like Furry and Otherkin shit and he was right.
>>
>>82049329
Who?
>>
>>82049334
And even the most advanced AI couldn't be expected to make decisions the exact same way you would have, even with your personality on board.

This might not be the best example, but Caroline/Glados in Portal 2 comes to mind.
>>
File: 1461090206891.png (211KB, 371x302px) Image search: [Google]
1461090206891.png
211KB, 371x302px
>>82040984
>saying furries and otherkin are on the same level as trannies
what is this, Tumblr?
>>
>>82047410
You realize that the reason humans get along in Star Trek is because the rebuilt the world from a lawless post nuclear wasteland? It's not just "lol unity"
>>
>>82049329
so you're saying that people internet too much look sort of ugly and lose themslves in it, and are probably a bit mentally ill.

all of you look like that though. It's like pointing out to a weird internet demographic and going, "look, ugly people!"

No matter where you look, especially in /co/, this place isn't exactly full of models.

Like a strong majority of people could fit the weirdo stereotype and you know this.
>>
>>82049445
Sorry meant for >>82047159
>>
>>82049315
Assuming you agree that it's a slur, slurring transgender people is wrong because it promotes disrespect, harassment, violence and murder of transgender people, which makes their already challenging lives that much harder.
It hurts innocent people, and leaves lots more well-meaning folks honestly unaware of how to treat trans people with respect.
>>
>>82049446
Kek, I don't base my identity on my apperance

Trannies by their nature base their identity on their gentials. Truly the subbest of the sub-humans
>>
>>82049524
>Assuming you agree that it's a slur
Didn't say that.

>slurring transgender people is wrong because it promotes disrespect, harassment, violence and murder of transgender people,

You're begging the question and making a fallacious hasty generalization, or, a jump to a conclusion. You did not prove how disrespectful language lead to violence or murder.

You supposed it.
>>
>>82049539
The fact you "don't focus your identity on your looks" doesn't mean anything.

You posted two pictures of ugly people who spend too much time on the internet to frame a group of people who spend too much time on the internet as ugly.

ok

shocking

now what

do we avoid them because they're ugly and icky. you still post here.
>>
File: jejeje.png (5KB, 337x193px) Image search: [Google]
jejeje.png
5KB, 337x193px
>>82042772
>It establishes me as an individual, just like all my friends
every fucking time
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 452x339px
>>82043207
>Blow it up!
>>
People who still give a shit about comic book cartoons from 1999 are truly the subbest of the sub-humans
>>
>>82049645
if you say so
>>
>English teacher made reference to a trans student at another college
>called "him" an it
>everyone laughed and had an overtone of disgust at the idea of a trans person
Is this what normies usually think?
Because that's funny.
>>
>>82049697
You're not actually in college.
>>
>>82049585
Well, you supposed that other anon was being serious when it's very likely just some cheap bait.
>>
>>82049720
You're right, it's community college
>>
>>82049750
exactly
>>
File: 1459278399716.png (547KB, 482x480px)
1459278399716.png
547KB, 482x480px
>>82049773
Aaahh, okay.
>>
>>82049585
I supposed nothing. Dozens upon dozens of transgender people are murdered by killers who think being transgender is wrong.
Even more transgender people are attacked and harassed for the same reason.
And when you describe transgender people with a slur, you're reinforcing the idea that all of that is okay.
>>
>>82049844
You haven't provided a link to the two though, that one causes the other.
>>
>>82043176
>no one eats them
speak for yourself
>>
>>82049874
Describing trans people with a disrespectful term reinforces the prevailing assumption it's acceptable to harass, attack, and even murder trans people for being trans. I don't see how much clearer I can make it.
>>
>>82049844

>I supposed nothing. Dozens upon dozens of transgender people are murdered by killers who think being transgender is wrong.
>Even more transgender people are attacked and harassed for the same reason.
But you didn't link how slurring leads to violence.
Likewise, any insult towards any person is likely going to be animosity. And so you suppose that since most murders and violence have animosity, are malicious in intent. But that doesn't mean all animosity leads to violence or murder.

Again, correlation doesn't lead to causation.

>And when you describe transgender people with a slur, you're reinforcing the idea that all of that is okay.
You didn't prove this. That's begging the question. You're just stating it.

See the above.

You can say that there's hate involved in the murders and violence. But you can't say hate leads to murder and violence.

That's fallacious.
>>
>>82049983
And I don't know how much clearer to tell you that saying it doesn't make you right?
I mean.
You're saying that it leads to violence and murder.
Show me?
>>
>>82050026
>>82050060
Stop fucking replying, holy shit.
>>
>>82049983
I support trans people but you are so bad at arguing. You literally just gave up and resaid your original point.
>>
>>82049983
>Describing trans people with a disrespectful term reinforces the prevailing assumption it's acceptable to harass, attack, and even murder trans people for being trans.
That isn't proof, though. That's just a statement of belief.

>>82050068
The thing is I don't hate trans people nor do I believe they're wrong or immoral or fastegios or any /pol/ nonsense.

But if people want to say shit, well, that sucks but what can you do? It's mean and shitty but you can't stop people from expression their opinion, right?
>>
>>82040984
Fuck your dank OP and the shitty ab-psych teaching moment it's spawned.
There's a high chance that 3DPD sparkledogs will be a reality in the future.
What are we going to do about it?
>>
>>82050068
If you support trans people, why aren't you already aware that they are murdered at higher-than-normal rates?
Do you not believe that transgender people are discriminated against at all?
Would you not consider the former to be symptomatic of the latter, or do you think every trans murder victim was killed for unrelated reasons?
>>
>>82049058
>Imagine if I was a 300lb bearded dude who suddenly expected society to treat me as a woman
No no no. It's about acting how you feel is the right way for you to act without having to conform to one gender role or the other and people just treating you like a person. I mean, what do you even mean by treating a man like a woman? You should just be treating people like people.
>>
>>82049191
But it's not disobeying dna
>it's just a chemical imbalance or a synapse misfire or a mental disorder.
>>
>>82049286
Wat?

The movement(s) in question are about altering people's perceptions of others such that the minority doesn't get treated unfairly.
>>
>>82050389
So are you of the school that transgender identities are delusions?
>>
Batman Beyond Ill 6 when?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UmTMhWBmcC4

Also Taste Closed sucked
>>
>>82050425
That's fine.
And like I said. I've no personal bias against them.
But people that do actually have a right to their prejudices.
>>
>>82050430
Not him, but I'm of the school that transgender people are framing their problem all wrong. They are too obsessed with gender roles. They should focus on acting how they want to act. A man can act like a woman and a woman can act like a man. Gender roles are mostly cultural exaggerations of relatively minuscule differences anyway. But trans identity people can't help but obsess over the way they are viewed by society. That is the heart of their problem.

I get that in some societies gender roles are strictly enforced and that gender reassignment may be the best option, but in those societies trans rights movements are absurd since gender reassignment is all about hiding and conforming.
>>
>>82050602
Yes, people have a right to be assholes to others. People also have a right to pressure assholes into stopping being assholes. Your point is silly.
>>
>>82050639
IMHO:
In a free society, you have the legal right to do what you want with your own body.
>>
>>82050681
My point should be silly.
It should be patently obvious.

Should be.
But it isn't, as certain people think that even holding these opinions or voicing them shouldn't be lawful.
>>
>>82050639
Someone already responded to this "reinforcing gender roles" argument at
>>82049036
>>
>tfw Terry is the Damian of the DCAU
>>
>>82049036
>nonbinary and genderqueer
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>82050860
I've never met such a person and from where I am sitting you are just one of countless other people who build up an absurd mental image of a united opposition to your opinions defined by the most extreme examples you have come across.
>>
>>82051036
Now you're just being hostile.
>>
>>82051036
>who build up an absurd mental image of a united opposition
Nothing even remotely close to that was in the post.

Reading comprehension has failed you.
>>
>>82048834
>You've got a dick. You want to be a girl.

That's the problem. The bottom line is you are either born male or female. Unless the really rare cases of hermaphrodism you are male or female. Playing dress up, pumping hormones or chopping your dick won't change that. Society has become so narcissistic and selfish that some think they can become the impossible.

>inb4 someone post some BS about muh gender roles and other liberal arts shit
>>
>>82051198
>hermaphrodism
Doesn't happen in humans in the real sense of the word.
>>
>>82050956
>someone
>this person opinion so closely matches my own that I have nothing else to add
That seems unlikely so your post kind of seems like samefagging. Just say "there is a counteragument here". That doesn't imply either way. Just a protip. Don't take it to heart if you don't want to.

Anyway, invasive surgery should be a last resort to make someone a functional member of society. Counseling them not to obsess over conforming to gender roles should come first. It's a disservice to patients to skip to the most drastic measures just so some surgeon can make a down payment on his new boat.
>>
>>82048767
>It's actually pretty neat.

Not is not you fucking psycho. It's disgusting and is mutilation, plain and simple. Sex "reassignment" surgery is nothing more than plastic surgery but worse for the fact that you are chopping a really important organ. People need to learn to accept how they are born instead of wasting time, money and w/e into becoming something they are not.
>>
>>82051198
Our society created a contradiction by pretending that "male" and "female" could simultaneously be anatomical categories, which are not chosen, and social roles, which are.

The importance of separating sexual anatomy from social role is well supported. The central thesis of the women's liberation movement was the harm to society and the individual caused by a woman's social role being dictated by their anatomy.

If you think that's liberal arts BS, then you're in favor of something much more backward and repressive than you might want us to believe.
>>
>>82051107
>THE PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME ARE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY FREE SPEECH
You are supposed to ignore fringe extremists, not use them as an argument against a much larger more general group of people you disagree with.
>>
>>82051227

There are some really rare cases were someone is born with both sexual organs.

Those are REALLY rare tho...

That being said I don't think hermaphrodites are fertile unlike let say lizards and plants.
>>
>>82051327
>ridiculous strawman argument
Please stop.
That's disingenuous. You know and I know that's not what I said. Saying there are some people who believe this is not a lie and I did not conflate this with everybody or all people.
>>
>>82051302
This tbqhfam.

Treat people like people. Anatomy doesn't factor into it unless you want to get into their pants, in which case you are putting a lot of thought into sensible discretion anyway.
>>
>>82051302

Gender roles have nothing to do with wanting to chop your dick. People who want to chop their dicks are mentally unstable that should be treated by counseling not the scalpel.
>>
>>82051418
I hate to say this, really, but, if someone wants to mutilate themselves, why stop them?
Shouldn't that be their right?
>>
>>82051198
>not wanting humans to strive for the impossible
what are you, an alien?
>>
>>82051273
You haven't really added anything. If it's wrong for transgender people to change their bodies, it's wrong for anyone else to love the bodies they were born with and the gender they were assigned at birth.
>>
>>82051291
Wow, you're super fucking mad for some reason. I'm not allowed to find a complex and sophisticated procedure neat without it meaning I'm fully supporting the practice?

That post was in response to someone saying that it was just chopping your dick off, which is something you said as well. This is objectively untrue, which you would know if you watched the aforementioned gif.
>>
Yeah but Terry is right

You dont solve insecurities, identity confusion, and mental illness by mutilation

The last boss was pretty emblematic
>>
>>82051418
Most gender confirmation surgeries are actually *approved* by a gender therapist beforehand. How does that square with your understanding of the situation?
>>
>>82047838

Because Terry isn't Bruce. Bruce didn't kill people because he doubted his own judgement, not because he thought superheroes in general should go out of their way to avoid killing really bad dudes
>>
>>82051575
They are "approved" because this are people who swallowed the political correct dogma that makes it ok to chop your dick. They don't want to be labeled as hateful.

Society in itself is going to the shits because people are okay with letting feelings and dogma get in the way of rational thought.
>>
>>82051505
I'm with you anon but your logic doesn't follow.

"If it's wrong for transgender people to change their bodies then it's wrong for people who are not transgender to ...."

Do the same. Not something different.
And again, while I'm with you on this argument:
"Why can't transgender people love their bodies like non transgender people can?"

The counter argument is going to be:
Why not counsel transgender people so they DO?

Which is a very strong counter argument.
_where possible._ If you could be happy in the body you were born in, you wouldn't be transgender or have gender dysphoria. Hypothetically it would then be cured, yes?

If that's possible then ideally, yes, that's great, isn't it? The person suffering is all the better and happier.

But you and I know that's not always possible.

It's my personal opinion however that for whatever dumb reason people want people should be able to do what they want.

"Oh yeah? You want to cut your dick off huh? Why? HUH? HUH?"

The answer is:
Because America.
>>
>>82051569
>but terry was right

no he was wrong
most people who undergo gender reassignment live long, happy lives
>>
>>82051569
Terry is quite smart for his age. I don't get why some people hate him. Like yeah he isnt a wise cracking teen like Spiderman but he makes sense most of the time.
>>
>>82049790
Yeah.
>>
>>82051406
You bringing up a fringe isn't relevant unless you think it is common enough to matter.

Some Mexicans that cross the border illegally are rapists. That's a fact. But me bringing it up when talking about people crossing the border in general implies they are significant. Else why the fuck would I be bringing it up?

>Oh, no. I'm not saying that a significant number of people crossing the border are like that. I'm just saying that SOME of the people jumping the border are rapists.... It's not SIGNIFICANT per se so I guess it doesn't really matter when talking about the kind of people cross the border illegally. I'm just bringing it up because... reasons.
>>
>>82051681
You're justifying it when it needs none.
If people want to undergo the surgery that's their right because they _should_ own their body.

Tip: the government owns your body.
>>
>>82051721
I'm bringing it up because I do think it's significant.
You are asserting it isn't.
>>
>>82051505
You didn't read what I said.

It's a disservice to patients to skip to the most drastic measures. Counseling to simply cope with their own image and how society sees them should come first.
>>
>>82051569

Genuine gender dysphoria manifests as a physical sense of discomfort and even disgust. HRT can alleviate these symptoms

That being said, SRS offers no benefit over HRT, and the stupid identity politics surrounding "gender identity" have nothing to do with the actual neurological pathology.
>>
>>82051668
>It's my personal opinion however that for whatever dumb reason people want people should be able to do what they want.

Agree, but don't get mad when I call a spade a spade. If you chop your dick you will still be a dude just w/o a dick.

If someone wanted to chop their arms they would call them insane but if they want to chop their dicks they are simply a woman trap in a man body.
>>
If Jews can mutilate their babie's dicks, why can't trannies mutilate their own dicks?
>>
>>82051759
Yes, because I've never come across such people and it's pretty common for people to make the extremities of the opposition out to be indicative of most of the opposition. I made this pretty clear in the post that started this tangent.
>>
>>82051804
Circumcision is fucking wrong and I still remember when my big brother did it because her wife wanted to do it.

I remember how mad I got cause he never even asked dad, who is a doctor, about it. Dad, even if he was circumcised made sure we did not get circumcised cause he knew it was a barbaric operation that did nothing.
>>
File: 1460986891690.jpg (200KB, 584x876px) Image search: [Google]
1460986891690.jpg
200KB, 584x876px
>>82051804
>>
>>82051794
we chop people's arms off all the time if we think it's needed to improve their wellbeing.

There are people whose body dysphoria is that they have too many arms. If therapy fails to remedy that and it continues to interfere with their wellbeing, yes, we absolutely chop one off.
>>
>>82051681
If by "live long, happy lives" you meant "commit suicide once their mental state deteriorates far enough", you're absolutely right
>>
>>82051811

The normalization of this behavior rubs off on kids. This is less an issue of "inducing" genuine gender dysphoria (which is impossible), but could increase the frequency with which children copy incorrect behavior and are falsely diagnosed as transgender, resulting in children receiving hormonal therapies which permanently disable them.
>>
>>82051872
>I've never come across such people
Your personal experience is not a statement of fact.

If this is a fringe movement, then, you believe then they wouldn't effect law?
But then if they were still a fringe, and they effected the law, then that would mean they were significant, either way.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/28/new-york-can-fine-you-250k-for-misgendering-somebody/
>>
>>82051668
>Because America
You still appear saying it's wrong for anyone to transition, and that no one would be allowed to in a better world.
But unless you think gender identity is not something we should be able determine for ourselves, and not something that should only be determined for us, it can't be wrong for some people to identify as a gender they weren't assigned.
>>
>>82051910
No they don't. I saw a documentary on the condition. Doctors don't do that for people. The people with that condition who don't get therapy end up doing it themselves like by sticking their arm in water or cutting off circulation until doctors are forced to amputate. They are fucked up in the head. The condition can continue until the person is completely limbless.
>>
>>82051811
>this strawman

Shut the fuck up, kid.

I just believe that surgery should be done for real conditions not shit that can be cured with counseling and other forms of treatment. I guaranteed you that in 30 years that people will see this sex "reassignment" fad as how we see Lobotomy. A horrible procedure that was barbaric.
>>
>>82052036
>No they don't
gangrene and diabetes called.
>>
>>82051997
Nope.
I literally don't care what people do with their own bodies in a free society.
That's their business not mine.
>>
>>82052052
If you are born with some foreskin tumor or some rare condition then it's the worst of two evils.

But for the rest of us, circumcision is a barbaric procedure.

>>82052068
Oh shut up! Stop grasping straws! You know damn well that we are talking about the mental cases that feel like a disabled trapped in the body of an abled.
>>
>>82052113
It's my business when they become a burden for tax payers or health insurance.
>>
>>82052137
I'm someone else anon.
Just pointing out that sometimes the well being of the patient is to remove a limb or two.
>>
>>82052051
in ninety years all invasive surgery will be considered barbaric because we'll have better alternatives.
>>
>>82052168
You must really hate my guts then anon.
>>
>>82052177

When someone loses a limb to beetus, the best thing to do for the well being of the patient is a .45 to the temple
>>
>>82051971
>Your personal experience is not a statement of fact.
LOL, the fuck? What do you call your post if not the exact same kind of personal experience? I'm offering a dissenting opinion and an alternative explanation for your perception.

As for your link:
A) That is not affecting your freedom of speech. If you are calling someone who has told you they are a girl a guy repeatedly then you are obviously an asshole who is trying to make them feel uncomfortable. The guidelines in no way state you way disallow you from voicing your opinions out of the work place.
B) If you actually had a source on your claim that people are keeping you from voicing your opinions then you should have led with it instead leading me in circles to the point of me having to retype up my original post.
>>
>>82052168
there are absurdly worse offenders for things wasting tax dollars you could be getting mad about instead.
>>
>>82052113
You may not feel entitled to prevent it, but you've made it pretty clear that you disapprove of the idea.
And that's still harmful to transgender people.
If you truly support them, stop saying otherwise.
>>
>>82052181
I believe that if it's a life or death situation and surgery is the best option then you should do it. But if there are proven alternatives that have no need of surgery then that should be done.

>>82052213
If you use tax payer money to chop your dick or any other form of narcissistic surgeries then probably.

If you do that with your own money then it's your body. I don't give a rat ass what you do with YOUR body. If you want to put fins in your back and call yourself a Dolphin then do it. But don't use other people's money to do it.
>>
>>82051632
>not because he thought superheroes in general should go out of their way to avoid killing really bad dudes
But doesn't he literally think this? He constantly lectures people like Superman on how they shouldn't kill people. I can't think of any examples in the DCAU specifically, but I'm sure there is one.
>>
>>82052068
>Doctors cut off healthy limbs just because the patient doesn't want them anymore. See, look at all these cases of doctors cutting off unhealthy limbs that could kill the patient if left attached!
You are an idiot.
>>
>>82052316
anon, that was a different anon
>>
>>82052302
I hate all kind of wasteful use of tax paying money. I hate tax in general. Taxation is theft inflicted upon us by the government.
>>
>>82052279
*in no way disallow you
>>
>>82052215
>>82052279
>That is not affecting your freedom of speech. If you are calling someone who has told you they are a girl a guy repeatedly then you are obviously an asshole who is trying to make them feel uncomfortable.

Which isn't against the law.
Making someone feel uncomfortable and being an asshole isn't against the law, we already established this.

Yes. You DO have a right to speech that hurts peoples feelings or makes them feel uncomfortable. That is a violation of free speech, dumbass.
>>
>>82052279
>>82052349
>since it's in the workplace, you therefore have no right to free speech!

Nope.
People can fire you for misgendering someone. That's not a violation of free speech. But criminal prosecution is.
>>
>>82052368
It is in a work environment. Laws are meant to keep people productive citizens. You purposefully trying to make someone uncomfortable in the work environment can be met with disciplinary and legal action. This isn't even new.
>>
>>82052337
>Taxation is theft inflicted upon us by the government.
oh my god you're a Randian. Everything clicks into place. Why aren't you living in the mountains with the other Galts?
>>
>>82052308

He tries to handle superman because superman is an alien god who could murder the entire planet if he felt like it.

But terry's just some dude (mostly), if he goes awol bruce can just change the lock on the bat cave and call it a day.
>>
>>82052429
>being this stupid
You are completely misunderstanding the guidelines in the article. You aren't fired for mistaking their gender. You are fired for repeatedly calling them the wrong gender after they have told you not to.

So if you are a guy and I keep calling you a girl day after day after you have told me to stop then I can be fired.

And I thought trans people had a victim complex.
>>
>>82052432
Look above you.
Being in a work environment doesn't change what rights are conferred upon you by the constitution.
>>
>>82052460
oh my god you're a Statist. Everything clicks into place. Why aren't you living in North Korea with the other Marxists?
>>
>>82052491
>fired
Fired is one thing.
Legal prosecution is another.
>>
>>82052330
>male and female are genders
>trans means "across,"
>a person moving between genders is the same as a human becoming a centaur
This is what you sound like.
>>
File: free speech xkcd.png (48KB, 566x577px) Image search: [Google]
free speech xkcd.png
48KB, 566x577px
>>82052429
>>
>>82052432
The state has no right to pass laws to keep people feeling comfortable from speech.
This is what is expressly stated in the first amendment.
>>
>>82052480
I know for sure that he morally lectures other heroes about killing too, not just Superman.

And the "he could murder the whole planet" argument is moot anyway when he's lecturing Superman on how he shouldn't kill one particular individual because reasons.
>>
>>82052499
Look above you.
You are completely misinterpreting the point of the guidelines or you are purposefully trying to make the guidelines out toi be something you know they aren't.

If someone tells you to refer to them as a girl then do it. It's not infringing on your free speech to do so. You can voice your opinions to your firends and family all you want out of the work place. That will never be illegal.

Next you will tell me there is nothing wrong with me trying to run all the niggers out of my company by insulting them whenever possible.
>>
>>82052563
Literally missing the point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHPLsydUVw
>>
>>82052515
because my country is more or less as socialist as I like it to be,
>>
>>82052601
Criminal prosecution for speech is violation of free speech.

Full stop.
>>
File: 13117259161481.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
13117259161481.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
Fuck yeah, Beyond thread!
How come no one has posted that bad ending list yet?
>>
>>82047510
I don't think you know what a sjw is
>>
>>82052533
That's how these laws work and have always worked. Companies usually nip these problems in the bud with disciplinary action or firing people before it gets to legal action. Legal action is only taken when the company doesn't respond to it, as it should be. Someone shouldn't have to give up their pension because some new asshole just became your manager and is making yoru work environment intollerable.
>>
>>82048705
Truly the best spiderman
>>
>>82052686
Bad ending list? What's that?

Whatever it is, it hasn't been posted because this isn't a Beyond thread, it's a /pol/ bait thread that turned into some interesting discussion about transsexuals and gender dysphoria.

There was a little discussion about the characters of the show further up if you want though.
>>
Unpopular opinion:

Free speech doesn't exist. The entire concept is easy to be fooled by.

Every time we argue we fight to suppress someone else's speech, by proving it wrong. You could say "but freedom of speech is the ability for people to be wrong!" But the motive is all the same. If it were up to any of us free speech wouldn't exist, and we'd call it free speech.

so when your argument boils down to "my ability to try and shut your speech up is being silenced by your ability to shut my speech up how dare you" you're all really kind of missing the point. You're all kind of dumb.
>>
>>82052601
>>82052699

Someone's right to call you something you don't want to be called is free speech.

If you don't want to be called he, that's too bad. Doesn't matter where.

"But it's at work" doesn't change that congress cannot pass shitty laws that violate the first amendment violating people's right to call you shit you don't wanna be called, since their right to call you shit you don't wanna be called is free speech.
>>
>>82052787
Your argument is essentially that since absolute freedom doesn't exist, no freedom does.
>>
>>82052688
>Be on a website
>Comments section has an anti-GGer (not always, but usually this is the case) saying they're "proud to be an SJW" or some shit
Cringey af
>>
>>82052575
>THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS TO WORK AND PAY TAXES WITHOUT FEAR OF PERSECUTION! THE RIGHT OF JERRY HERE TO MOCK SAMANTHA AROUND THE WATER COOLER IS MORE IMPORTANT!
Yeah, try winning with that line in a court of law.

The law is meant to keep us productive and paying our taxes first and foremost. If you have a problem with that then that's an entirely different issue.
>>
>>82052688
SJW is a derogatory term for a progressive. Don't even pretend that isn't true.
>>
>>82040984
if chopping my dick off gave me claws and super strength I'd to it in a heartbeat
>>
File: bad endings.jpg (3MB, 1568x3558px)
bad endings.jpg
3MB, 1568x3558px
>>82052686
>>82052760
Allow me.
>>
>>82052818
Isn't that true? If freedom doesn't exist, the ability to use it in a sentence without motive for what freedom actually is becomes hazy.
>>
>>82052787
as long as I can't be arrested for my opinion I'm happy
>>
>>82052852
I think that's what the anon you replied to was saying. The person above them was calling themselves a derogatory term, which is a stupid thing to do, but not an unheard of thing, considering "genderqueer" is a thing.
>>
>>82040984
Based Pat McCrory
>>
>>82052824
No.
It doesn't.
And that isn't a right.
Being protected from being "persecuted" (read - feelings hurt) isn't something you have a right to.
You absolutely do not have that right because it's subjective.
>>
File: 1452725334233-4.jpg (73KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1452725334233-4.jpg
73KB, 650x650px
What would you splice as /co/?

I'd go for a rodent look myself
>>
>>82052789
>Someone's right to call you something you don't want to be called is free speech.
Freedom of speech is meant to allow for open discourse such that government can't enforce ideology and ultimately lead to societal stagnation. You mocking someone in the work place just for shits and giggles is not what freedom of speech is meant to protect.
>>
>>82052881
But you don't realize that you're influenced by the same drive that drives people to silence free speech, you just call it something else. Like, "your right to call people shit."

Nothing exists within a vacuum.

All internet arguments like this do, and it makes me laugh when it comes to the point of "muh freh speshh"
>>
>>82052820
Insults do sometimes get adopted as badges of honor. That's how "intellectual" became a compliment.
But I agree that it's more effective to reject "SJW" and critique its use.
>>
>>82052855
Fuck, that "incomplete transformation" one freaks me out.

Who is the chick in the "caught in explosion" one? I don't remember that episode.
>>
>>82052884
>The person above them was calling themselves a derogatory term, which is a stupid thing to do,
Your post is ironic since we are on a board that ends most words referring to groups of people with -fag. 4chan has always been full of self depreciation.
>>
>>82052940
But it IS protected speech.
>>
>>82052884
people have been describing themselves as queer for decades. beats acronym hell.
>>
>>82052941
I have a different explanation for why people want to silence dissenting opinions, but that's something else.
>>
>>82052923
Dog. Being able to hear better and smell in 3D would be kinda cool so long as I could learn to filter out butt smells.
>>
>>82052993
Not a chick, it's Ra's in Talia's body in the episode Out of the Past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wrUs2SEZE
>>
>>82052918
>Being protected from being "persecuted" (read - feelings hurt) isn't something you have a right to.
that there is such a thing as an emotional damages lawsuit says otherwise.
>>
>>82053005
>I SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO RUIN PEOPLE'S LIVES BY MOCKING THEM IN THE WORK PLACE UNTIL THEY HAVE TO QUIT AND FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN MY PERSONAL ENJOYMENT
You are an idiot.
>>
>>82053153
>strawman argument
Bigger idiot.
>>
>>82053083
I thought it might be Talia just based on looks, but I legitimately don't remember Ras being in Beyond.

I guess I never did see that whole series.
>>
>>82053175
people who actually think they don't fallaciously bring up fallacies when convenient in order to pretend to win arguments are bigger idiots.
>>
>>82053193
>fallaciously bring up fallacies
Oh lord no. this is not the fallacy fallacy - that is not a get out of jail free card.
That only applies when you had an argument but accidentally tripped on a fallacy.
You didn't have one.
>>
>>82053089
Emotional damages is for determining compensation, not for determining wrongdoing.
>>
>>82053224
I'm not even the person you're responding too I'm just pointing it out.
>>
>>82053175
You don't understand how the freedom of speech is supposed to benefit society. You don't realize that you would never win with your shitty "but I have a right to mock people until they have to quit" argument would be mocked in any court of law. You are an idiot.

>b-but going to someone's place of work where they have no choice but to be around you and mocking them helps society, it isn't just for my enjoyment
Literally how? How does you making someone's work environment intolerable benefit society in the way that freedom of speech is meant to benefit society?
>>
>>82053193
You misrepresented the argument instead of arguing against what was actually said. There was nothing else to be stated here other than what you said was literally, "I'm not going to argue against what you said, only what I am going to misrepresent what you saying."

Argue against what was said and say why THAT'S wrong.
>>
>>82053290
>benefit to society
You do not have to prove a benefit to society to prove that you have a right to free speech.
Free speech does not have to be proven of benefit to be free.

This is where you are making your mistake.
>>
>>82053300
this is the problem with bringing up fallacies.
>>
>>82052789
What do you think about this being applied to nigger spic, gook etc?
>>
>>82053403
Honestly it should get you fired immediately.

Fired.
Not criminally prosecuted.
>>
>>82053391
This:
>>82053300
Was just me reiterating the strawman fallacy and why it's logically flawed.
>>
ITT: Marginalized groups are infringing on my right to hate speech
>>
>>82053433
>>82053403
And just so I'm clear:
If you want to fire someone for misgendering:
I have literally no problem with that, at all.
Criminal prosecution however is another matter.
>>
>>82053494
Correct.
Hate speech is a right.
Get over it.
>>
>>82053359
Laws have purposes that underlie their exact wording. That's why freedom of speech doesn't protect people who yell fire in a theater, people who tell lies to ruin someone's professional career, or people trying to bully someone out of the workplace. Your interpretation is beyond naive. It's stupid because you apparently think anyone in judge would side with you on your right to bully someone for no good reason.
>>
>>82053540
Hate speech is a right to bitch about others taking your rights ad infinitum at this point. It gets to a point on the internet where it becomes so ridiculously bogged down that it's easier for every day people to ignore the bullshit circular logic that occurs in threads like this and image boards and just punish it through not putting up with it.

Nobody wants to deal with it, calling someone a faggot, gook, nigger, and then arguing your right in the work place will get you fired any where, any place, any time. And there's not much you can do about it besides loop around into the perpetuating problem in above paragraph.

Unfortunately for you, that's just how it is.
>>
>>82053540
Not in a work environment. No court would ever side with you.

You can hate speech all you want somewhere else. You hounding someone such that they can't be a productive citizen anymore is not proper way to do it.
>>
File: Tumblr_ml78jwFZZa1qea7tao1_1280.jpg (58KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_ml78jwFZZa1qea7tao1_1280.jpg
58KB, 600x729px
why didn't they just let him eat his sandwiches
>>
>>82053577
>That's why freedom of speech doesn't protect people who yell fire in a theater
Wrong.
That's not why that's illegal. This example gets touted out a lot and people don't understand it. It's a call to action. It's completely separate.

>It's stupid because you apparently think anyone in judge would side with you on your right to bully someone for no good reason.
Literally is lawful everywhere else to everyone else because it's protected speech. Yes. Bullying is protected speech. I don't know where you're getting the idea it's not.
>>
>>82053644
This whole argument is rooted in the anons misunderstanding of what the freedom of speech is for. We protect it for a reason and that reason has nothing to do with actions anon is trying to defend.
>>
>>82053644
>will get you fired
I'm not sure if you've been paying attention.
But I have literally no problem with this.

Criminal prosecution is separate.
>>
>>82053696
Bullying that isn't construed as harassment probably is.
>>
>>82053696
>What is illegal discrimination in the work place?
>>
>>82048106
Yeah, but if you think about it, it was Bashir undermining Section 31 and developing a cure for his friend out of love for him, and then that friend showing compassion to the other Changelings that ended the war. If Section 31's original plan had succeeded, the Federation would have been in much worse shape.
>>
File: 1460932452719.jpg (73KB, 598x793px)
1460932452719.jpg
73KB, 598x793px
>>82052923
The Satyr look 100%
>>
>>82053902
It's not just hiring and firing. If someone is making your work environment intolerable due to race, sex, religion, national origin, etc. then you can get that shit resolved in court. I'm surprised you thought otherwise.
>>
>>82054147
If someone's doing that then its your boss/HR's job to resolve it.
>>
>>82053902
It's not simply that it is offensive. It's because it is offensive and serves no purpose. Saying the Jews run society and a big problem is not against the law. Hounding Jews at their homes and work place to get them to leave is not what freedom of speech is meant to protect.

So again, you don't understand the purpose of free speech. It is meant to create an open means of discussion where good ideas can spread and bad ideas can be weeded out. Freedom of speech in and of itself is not good, the effect freedom of speech has on society is good. The acts you are arguing do not benefit society. You might as well be arguing that it is alright to yell FIRE in a crowded theater... and in case you didn't know this either, yelling fire in a crowded theater is also illegal.
>>
>>82054234
And they do resolve it, for fear of legal action, dumby.
>>
Batman Beyond live action movie with Kevin Conroy as old Bruce when?
>>
>>82054322
>Saying the Jews run society and a big problem
But that "serves no purpose"
>>
>>82040984
Trans? Bitch did you even watch that episode it was more about body modification like piercings or tattoos. Regardless this wouldn't become a thing Peta would be all over that shit claiming it's harmful to the animals.
>>
>>82053735
Legal actions are the reason companies fire people for such things, anon. Usually they fire people for a lot less merely for the sake of public opinion.
>>
>>82054351
Legal action against who, the company for creating a hostile work environment?
>>
>>82054322
I think you're conflating hounding someone and just refusing to refer to someone by their preferred pronoun for whatever reason a little though.
>>
>>82054382
Yes it does. Knowing how society works and who controls what is beneficial for society to know about.

Furthermore, it doesn't even matter if it's useful so long as saying it doesn't have unreasonable negative repurcusions that infringe on the the right of other individual's rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. You can ignore some crank saying you are the root of all evil as a Jew, but you can't ignore someone who hounds you at home or work trying to run you out of town.
>>
>>82054464
What purpose is there for me to call you a girl if you are actually a guy if not for the sake of harassing you?
>>
>>82054364
that'd be fucking rad eh, maybe it could be soon since this batman is a geezer he might officially retire for real in like 4 movies maybe?
>>
>>82054478
> You can ignore some crank saying you are the root of all evil as a Jew, but you can't ignore someone who hounds you at home or work trying to run you out of town.
That's reasonable.
>>
>>82054414
Sure.
>>
>>82054519
Use your imagination.
I can think of a few reasons.
Back in elementary school people did that because they liked a girl. Maybe it's because they don't like the pronoun they chose and think it's silly (xie, ze, something like that) or maybe they just don't feel like it.

Maybe they don't want to. Maybe they don't like them. It doesn't have to be active harassment.
Maybe it's for religious beliefs. Maybe they're Islamic.
>>
>>82054568
I don't see the issue with that.

I do see an issue with legal punishment against the individual.
>>
>>82054627
No, I'm not asking why you would use a certain pronoun in the first place. I'm asking why someone continue to intentionally use the wrong pronoun even after the person told them to stop and that it was causing them distress. None of those are sufficient answers.

The only reasonable reason I can imagine someone calling you the wrong gender even after you told them to stop is if they are purposefully trying to cause you distress.

And in case you are mixed up, this law is not about you mistaking a girl for a guy. It's about you calling a girl a guy or a guy a girl repeatedly even after being told to stop. Just wanted to stress that.
>>
>Terry Batman has to deal with Splicers
>and the off-brand consequences
>Splicing when legal was never meant to pass on to children
>but warehouse batches meant skimping on certain safety measures
>children were born, and quickly died from the horrible mutations
>not simply spliced, these were the tabula rasa of new children, odd fleshy forms of genetic tampering's generational results
>Terry as he got older lamented at all the dead infants but considered it part of the consequences
>however, one night, he found a woman splicer in labor, and though died from the the process, gave birth to a strong child, albeit one with features like a bird
>Terry raises her in secret, her odd genetic profile growing her feathers, and a bone structure, though less strong than human bones overall, could enable flight due to her low weight
>Terry raises the bird girl to be his apprentice, fight crime and fly the streets of Gotham with him
>and so was born this Batman's Robin, a literal bird woman

I can't decide if Robin's a good enough name, or she should be different, like Jane Crow. A crow girl fits the Beyondverse better than a Robin, I feel. And of course, Raven's already taken.
>>
>>82040984
Come to think of it, if you can turn a human into a half animal hybrid in seconds with a shot at this point in time, and stably enough that a person with multiple shots is a freak but still alive, presumably trans-people can be the gender they want whenever they want and turn back if it turns out they made a mistake. I mean, changing your bits has gotta be easier then remapping your entire genome, right?

Is it still mutilation if you actually are the other gender after your done?
>>
>>82054655
>The commission’s detailed write-up of the new rule provides several examples of how a company could misgender somebody and thereby incur a hefty fine:
>>
>>82054890
Fair enough, but if you start asking me to call you Xyer I'm going to laugh in your face.
>>
>>82054930
>X-Change is a reality in Batman Beyond
>>
>>82054890
>I'm asking why someone continue to intentionally use the wrong pronoun even after the person told them to stop
Again:
They don't care, they don't want to, or have reservations. It doesn't have to be -

>>82054948
Wait does this extend to inter-employee interactions at the work place or is this just strictly the example of how the company has to enforce its HR guidelines?
>>
File: catcheet.jpg (1MB, 868x1280px) Image search: [Google]
catcheet.jpg
1MB, 868x1280px
You figure Catwoman and Cheetah get a lot of weird letters from the Splicing subculture?

They were the first splicers around, after all.

Pretty sure Kirk is fucking dead.
>>
>>82054978
Just you wait until we have genderless AI overlords. The English language will adapt to service them.
>>
>>82040984

Holy shit, Ice T was the ram!
>>
>>82046509
The quality of transhumanists really does depend on if they're more interested in cryogenics or eugenics.
>>
>>82049036
The nonbinary and genderqueer folk are just re-enforcing gender roles even MORE by treating gender as something that defines you. Gender shouldn't be considered an identity any more than having freckles or being left-handed are, and so there's no reason you should consider yourself anything than your biological gender.
>>
>>82055258
I don't trust any transhumanist unless they predict game changing advancements will only come after they are supposed to be dead. Otherwise they little different than people who turn to Christianity because the idea of an afterlife comforts them. Mortal fear shouldn't factor into such predictions.
>>
>>82055339
I think gender-queer simply refers to anyone who doesn't fit into or doesn't care about gender roles.
>>
>>82048673
"sophisticated" "medieval" depends on who you ask.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMaGnpVaSGQ
>>
>>82055480
That would make a lot more people here genderqueer.
>>
>>82053644
Also shows the despotic role of court where private business can discriminate against rightwingers but if a leftwinger gets discriminated they become a special class that gets state protection.
>>
>>82055066
Maybe they'll think of pronouns that aren't blatantly set up to sound futurist, like the X-as-[gz] bull people have been peddling since the '70s.
>>
a little off topic of the splicing, but do we find out happened to commissioner gordon?

it's been a long time since I've watched this
>>
>>82055789
I like e, em, and eir. They roll of the tongue like the established pronouns.
>>
Any otherkin retards try to use this episode as a defense for being crazy yet?
>>
>>82055914
It goes without saying he has died, if not anything else then because of old age.
>>
>/co/ discusses freedom of speech
>neither side knows what it's talking about
Sounds about right.

>xy chromosomes in every diploid cell of the body
>lol I am girl because my brain thinks it is
Might as well start counting a schizophrenic as multiple people. I mean, their mind is telling them that they are.
>>
>>82055930
HRK.
please no.
>>
>>82055480
So, gender-neutral. Or, people who don't give a shit about other people's opinions?
Why is this considered special snowflake status?
>>
Audio sounds weird

like "If I flip these pizzas Mr. Aziz will flip out!"
>>
>>82055487
No I'm pretty sure being able to reshape one body part to another body part is fairly sophisticated.
>>
>>82055480
That should just be called "normal" or "sane".
>>
>>82056021
I don't think it is unless you want it to be, which I would think you wouldn't want until someone starts bullying you for being a fag or a dyke and you can't seem to solve it any other way.
>>
File: jw.jpg (21KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
jw.jpg
21KB, 350x263px
>>82055974
>It's a "sex and gender are the same" luddite bitching fest
>>
>>82056085
What purpose is there in separating them other than maintaining traditional gender roles?
>>
>>82056051
If man acts like a stereotypical gay male and yet is straight or if a woman acts like a stereotypical lesbian and yet is straight then I think you would call them queer.

Queer just means strange so really anyone who deviates from gender rolls is queer.
>>
>>82056156
You act like "separating" a non existant series of associations as to Boys like Blue Girls like Pink Thus Sayeth the Sayer Of The Law is a personal insult to you and everyone you know.
>>
>>82042616
Well done m8
>>
>>82056171
>then I think you would call them
Men and women, respectively.
how you act has nothing to do with your gender or your sex.
Fucking hell.

Can I get my own gender for liking guns?

Can I?
>>
>>82055959
aw I was hoping he died fighting the good fight, something dramatic or emotional
>>
>>82054899
He should just go snag some Thanagarian street urchin if he wants a bird-girl sidekick.
>>
>>82056235
We are talking about the definition of queer, nigga.
>>
>>82056218
See, you're equating interests to gender, which is the problem.

Treating gender as an identity just re-enforces the inequal treatment of men and women and restricts both to acting within limited parameters.
>>
>>82056235
I identify as a glock
>>
>>82056156
There's nothing wrong with traditional gender roles.

You can follow them or not but you can't deny they exist within a culture and faulting people for wanting to live by them can be selfish at a certain point.

It's like, you can't force everyone to become atheist, you know? Even if you think someone's religion is dumb there's no reason not to respect them as long as they're not using it as an excuse to shoot you.
>>
>>82056258
queer is a slur for gay.
Or it used to be.
who cares what fags call it now.
>>
File: 1272664812098.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
1272664812098.gif
2MB, 250x158px
>>82056307
So you're the bomb?
>>
>>82056085
If you're arguing about gender roles and society or whatever, I don't care. Be whatever you want, that doesn't require hormone treatments or genital surgery. Trannies are literally trying to change their sex, which is impossible because of chromosomes. If your argument is "they are trying to make their sex match their gender," then that necessitates that gender identity is not a choice, and is similar to sexual orientation (IE, I was born this way). In that case, the proper treatment is to address the psychological problems, since it is impossible to actually change sex, once again because of chromosomes. Once more, I compare it to another mental condition, schizophrenia. The subject's body does not match the impression/identity in their mind. For that, we treat their mind. We don't try to alter their body to make it match the identity in their head.

Your body is reality. Your identity is psychological. I can identify as black all I want, but I will never actually be a black person. If that causes me physiological distress, I should treat my mind, not try to turn my skin black.
>>
>>82056293
>Treating gender as an identity just re-enforces the inequal treatment of men and women and restricts both to acting within limited parameters.

not really. I don't even see it as "treating as an identity". Sexual Dysphoria medically exists, it's within the DSM-V The way our society relates to gender is difficult for these individuals and hampers their life to the extent it requires treatment as a quality of life issue.

You can say "hahahaha trannies! hahahaha! the jews are destroying the western family this is serious." but everyone's going to, ironically, treat you as mentally ill when you do.
>>
>>82056310
I'm not forcing people to break them. But treating those roles as what defines a man/woman just makes it harder for people to be themselves.

It'd be like a white guy calling himself black because he likes rap & basketball. Or crime.
>>
>>82056156
Historically speaking there is a big reason. Men are relatively expendable and therefore do the dangerous labors of society and war and accordingly deal with most non-domestic issues. Women handle most domestic issues, liking having a dozen babies, taking care of the 4 that survive, and keeping social networks together.

We don't really want high birth rates anymore so gender roles are becoming less relevant.
>>
File: 1459267499633.png (280KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
1459267499633.png
280KB, 418x455px
>>82056356
>>
>>82056358
Psychological, not physiological.
>>
>>82056316
Most people but you.
>>
>>82056395
Sexual dysphoria means you need HRT. It doesn't mean that gender is a lifestyle.

Making it more than a physical thing is just making existing prejudices stronger.
>>
>>82056358
So you're saying "muh nashural law".

We break natural law every day, there are billions of cars active moving people faster than they're "naturally" capable of moving several fold, we speak without speaking through computers and networking, we survive off food we don't gather traced from economy mostly automated.

This is less a matter of ethics at this point and more a matter of taste since there are larger ethical issues than mental illness existing.
>>
>>82056429
Most people what, care?
No, I'm pretty sure most people don't.
>>
>>82056395
>You can say "hahahaha trannies! hahahaha! the jews are destroying the western family this is serious." but everyone's going to, ironically, treat you as mentally ill when you do.
What the fuck?

Where did I say anything close to this?

I'm saying that the idea of separating the two STRENGTHENS old, restrictive ideas on how men and women should behave.
>>
>>82056505
I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm glad you are here to tell us what to talk about. For a moment there I actually thought people in this thread were talking about the meaning of queer.
>>
>>82056533
I never said you did. I was speaking of attitudes on the internet in general.
>>
>>82056416
Dysphoria is physiological. Though there's a lot of self-diagnosed idiots out there.
>>
>>82056551
Oh by all means talk.
I might even join you.
But on a pretty relative scare I don't care that much and neither do most people.
>>
I honestly don't get the problem with some dude wanting estrogen and less testosterone. It's not that big of a deal for anyone.

It's the same fear people have always had for change they don't understand.
>>
>>82056658
As I said earlier, people can do whatever they want with their bodies for all I care.
>>
>>82056604
And yet hear we were, talking about it. But yeah, I'm sure we were only talking about it because we DIDN'T want to talk about it. I'm just so so glad you blessed us with your presence and told us to stop talking about it because, as you informed us, we and no one else cared.

I need to sleep. I'm getting as salty a dried sea bed.
>>
>>82056704
Society cares if people start chopping off their own limbs or omitting suicide due to treatable mental illness.
>>
>>82042921
Well, it's a purely mental illness, anyway.
>>
>>82056658
I don't have any problem with that. But insisting on changes your pronouns means that you're defining gender as an identity, not just some physical trait, and that bugs me because it clashes with the idea that gender shouldn't define you.
>>
>>82056722
>told us to stop talking about it
I did?
Holy shit!
I can't remember that but you can!

>that didn't happen.
Not caring =/= telling you don't talk about it.
It's a statement of ambivalent attitude.
>>
>>82056499
What does that post even prove? Everything in there is a false equivalent. What I'm saying is that declaring yourself a female (if you're a dude) does not automatically make you a female. We assign words to describe reality. The reality is that a human with xy chromosomes is a male, and always will be. You cannot change that, no more than you can become a car just by identifying yourself as one. I'm tired of all this pseudo-scientific garbage spouted by "intellectuals" who don't even understand how anatomy and physiology work. It's on par with fundies who spout off about creationism. Both openly disregard reality.

As for the gender dysphoria, it is entirely realistic that some people experience distress in feeling as though they occupy the wrong body. The problem is their brain, not their body. Literally every cell carries an xy chromosomes pair, and nothing will change that. Their brain is simply incorrect in its setup, which requires mental treatment.
>>
>>82056798
Having more E than T or T than E isn't committing suicide or chopping off your limb.

But as a matter of fact if we go full Human Revolution I'll probably be the first one to have a sexy new gunther hermann arm
>>
>>82056798
>society cares if people start committing suicide
Honestly they don't.

And really - if people want to, shouldn't that be their right?
>>
>>82056658
I respect people with religious convictions. They can do/worship whatever they choose, and are free to do so. I take issue when they start imposing their beliefs and views on me, and start pushing their supposed realities as truths, like creationism.

You see where I'm going with this?
>>
>>82056829
>We assign words to describe reality

It's more complex than that psychologically. We use words to help create reality, not vice versa. We use language to light up a lightless cave.
>>
>>82056853
Yeah, I was just bringing it up in case full on gender reassignment was in the back of someone's mind.
>>
>>82055339
>treating gender as something that defines you
But gender IS an important part of everyone's identity. I struggle to imagine how someone could fail to notice this, unless they were comfortable enough with the gender they were assigned as to take the whole notion of gender for granted. That or repressing their discomfort.
>>
>>82055974
>Might as well start counting a schizophrenic as multiple people

It's not really a part of what I want to say about this post, but I am going to point out schizophrenia has nothing to do with "Multiple personality syndrome". MPS is it's own thing and people get them confused constantly.

Dude, you joke but there are people who already argue that and have for a long time now. The newest thing that's starting to pop up all the fuck over is the "right to non normal mental identities" or like a million other phrased versions. Effectively, people saying that stuff like schizophrenia should be a celebrated part of who they are, and if you disagree or think they need medication you're being ableist and forcing them to conform to your standards of what is correct. IE a ton of people saying they want to be unmedicated dangers because it's part of who they are. There are also people who demand psychologists not dictate their right to self diagnose, like, if they think they have MPS then medicine shouldn't be allowed to tell them otherwise. Or so they think.

We're falling apart.
>>
>>82056864
Obviously they do care. That's why there are suicide hotlines and why Kevorkian went to prison. Suicide is due to mental illness. There is no reason to let your brother die just because his girlfriend dumped him and he has a fleeting desire to die.
>>
>>82043145
The only decent part was the Splicers episode.
>>
>>82056919
Maybe they mean in the sense that strict adherence/ slight deviation is the only way to go with gender. Some genderqueer people read as pretenious crossdressers or people who dress androgynously therefore refuse to identify.
>>
>>82056975
>fleeting
I don't think you understand how long people with suicidal thoughts suffer.
>>
>>82056906
We can turn this into a philosophy debate if you really want. It won't accomplish much though. My simple point is that chromosomes tell us the reality of a person's sex. Gender, if it means identity, is trumped by the scientific reality of one's body (with respect to sex). It doesn't matter what you identify as, you will always be a male or a female. Dysphoria and distress caused by a mismatch is a psychological problem, not an anatomical problem, and should be treated as the psychological problem it is.

Gender roles and identity in society are completely fluid. If you are a man, and you want to act like a woman (as modern society views womanlg behavior), your genitals aren't stopping you. My brother is really flamboyant, but is neither gay nor a woman. He just acts like the person he is.
>>
>>82056950
>the new movement will be demanding proportional representation for your multiple identities
>Give MPS-kin the right to multiple votes now!
The future is bleak.
>>
>>82057038
What I'm saying is science. What you're saying is philosophy.
>>
>>82057038
>It doesn't matter what you identify as, you will always be a male or a female.
Why insist on that, though?
>>
File: 1322019767369.png (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1322019767369.png
151KB, 500x376px
>>82052855
What's the context for revenger surgery?
>>
>>82057030
I don't think you understand that a lot of the time it is fleeting, even when they suffer from it over long periods. Depression many times comes in spurts..

Furthermore, there is no good reason to let them die aside from your absurd abstract idea of personal liberties. Worst case scenario they mope around longer than they otherwise would have. If it's not a worst case scenario then you just saved a life and they will thank you for it.
>>
>>82057123
Everything I just said is scientific, right down to chromosomes and dysphoria in the brain. What you have said is scientific in the same way creationism is "scientific."
>>82057141
Because it is reality. It is a fact. Facts are, by nature, indisputably the case. Why would anyone want to argue against facts, unless they are unscientific and dogmatic?
>>
>>82057179
Or they suffer their whole life in misery.

Again you clearly haven't met someone suicidal or depressed for longer than that.

>Worst case scenario they mope around longer than they otherwise would have
The worst case scenario is probably them remaining suicidally depressed indefinitely and it never gets better. The fact that you think this doesn't happen is callously myopic. The people suffering like this right now you deny exist is probably the greatest insult. How do you suppose they would feel if they were reading your posts?
>>
>>82057264
You said yourself that gender and identity are fluid and people can present how they want. So why stop at letting them call themselves the gender they want?
>>
>>82057002
The point would still be that gender-variant people are paying too much attention to something that the assigned-gender-conforming majority wants to believe is unimportant.
>>
>>82048812
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>82057264
Everything I said is also scientific. From we build consensus and control through language to gender is more social than it is physical. And even then, lines are blurred when chromosomal conditions are becoming more common, and people like that can't be classified as man or woman.

So we're at an empass since we're arguing different things.

I'm arguing light body modification for sexual and/or aesthetic purposes isn't evil since we have to confront that how we interpret sex through language is far from scientific, and you're arguing language exists as solid and precise and broad and actual.

I don't see the problem with changing how society views gender. I'm not saying chromosomes can be somehow changed.
>>
>>82057265
>Or they suffer their whole life in misery.
Any degree of depression or chronic pain has been succesfully treated or managed at least once so there is always hope. Furthermore, you aren't just talking about extreme cases. You are saying that anyone who wants to commit suicide should be allowed to. That is absurd for the reason's we've discussed.
>>
File: Primes got game.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Primes got game.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>82048357
Fear not, for every furry that rises there will be ten people to publicly flog them
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>this thread
>>
>>82057332
I said that gender roles are fluid. This is demonstrable, just look at different societies throughout the world and throughout history. Your personal identity can also change, but is far less likely to. If you identify as a woman, that's fine, but it's objectively wrong. I can identify as Kim Jong Un, but that doesn't make me the leader of North Korea. If you want to undergo hormone treatment and plastic surgery, go ahead, but don't attempt to enforce the idea that you are literally a woman/man now, since scientifically you are wrong.
>>
>>82057158
Killed him while he was sedated.
>>
>>82049334
>Similarly teleportation via making a copy and destroying the original seems like a horrible waste of resources.
That's not how it works, that was just a dumb thing spread around by an idiot
>>
>>82057424
>Any degree of depression or chronic pain has been succesfully treated or managed at least once
Not in every person.

>That is absurd for the reason's we've discussed.
No, you asserted it was absurd because you felt that personal liberties were unimportant.

They are important. What any given person does with or to their own body is important and their business. You haven't disproven this.
If someone wants to die, that's their right.

Now tell me why they _shouldn't_ be able to die when they want. And don't use argument ad lapidem, that is, calling it absurd on the basis that it's absurd.
>>
>>82056919
That's a societal issue, and conforming to that just strengthens it. Instead of saying "A man can act/dress/look this way", it's buckling and saying "I have to be a woman to be like this".
>>
>>82057332
Not him, but I oppose that because it re-enforces restrictive ideas on what behavior is "male/female".

Claiming to be another gender is like claiming to be another race. By making it an identity you're perpetuating it's unneccessary importance.
>>
>>82057404
>chromosomal conditions are becoming more common,
Need a source on that. I've seen nothing to suggest chromosome conditions are more common, we've had records of them occurring in the past. And in the case of hermaphrodites, yes, they meet the definition of male and female, and their identities can be fucked because of it. They are also genetic dead ends, so they really can't be used as a qualified to normalize something.

And my argument is that facts are indisputable, and by extension so is the language to convey them. And nowhere do I say that body modification is evil. Stop trying to argue that our interpretation of sex is not scientific, since it is literally the observation and recording of empirical fact. XX is female, XY is male. Anything else is an outlier, and is non-normative (and typically unviable).
>>
>>82057726
>Stop trying to argue that our interpretation of sex is not scientific

Interpretation is by definition unscientific, it's sociological and psychological. Stop trying to act like there's limits to what science can explore just because deconstructing society isn't convenient
>>
>>82057530
You are ignoring the fact that anyone can fairly easily commit suicide without society enabling them. It's society's job to do whatever it can to stop them from suicide because if it didn't then a lot of people who would have regretted the decision later can be saved and still be productive members of society.
>>
>>82057795
>You are ignoring the fact that anyone can fairly easily commit suicide without society enabling them
Correct.
I do not think failure or the attempt should be criminal in every state in the union.
>>
>>82057777
So what is and isn't scientific? Whatever you say? Sex and chromosomes are demonstrable facts of reality, much as the mechanisms of nerves, the mechanics of forces, or the properties of electricity are all scientific facts. We can adjust our interpretation of reality when new information is available, with the implication that we were wrong or inaccurate before (which I think is what your argument is hinging on). Perhaps I should have clarified that sooner. But there has been no scientific evidence that can do away with our current interpretation of sex and chromosomes. Every argument stems from sociological and behavorial grounds, which do not prove the existing interpretation wrong in any way. All they do is establish that some people reject their body on a psychological level, which, by Occam's Razor, would imply that they have a mental condition, not that the observable reality of sex is incorrect.
>>
File: yougotme.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yougotme.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82040984

ahhh terry, you will always be on the right side of history
>>
>>82057841
Where do people who attempt suicide end up in prison?
>>
>>82045901
go on...
>>
>>82058124
In the US they get thrown into a psychiatric facility and cant leave until they are deemed "cured" of their suicidal tendencies. Which is effectively prison without a definite sentence.
>>
>>82058212
No it isn't. It is a reasonable attempt to save a life. Therapy takes time.
>>
>>82057989
>Sex and chromosomes are demonstrable facts of reality

true.

>much as the mechanisms of nerves, the mechanics of forces, or the properties of electricity are all scientific facts. We can adjust our interpretation of reality when new information is available, with the implication that we were wrong or inaccurate before

Yes yes you're understanding.

>Every argument stems from sociological and behavorial grounds, which do not prove the existing interpretation wrong in any way.

You blew it. Nowhere am I saying that language forces chromosomes to be "unscientific"

I'm saying our language of how we describe sex is for the most part baseless, societies mix and match what some find feminine and some find masculine constantly. Is a dress feminine? A Scott would say depending. Are burps insulting and masculine? Europeans and Americans would seem to think so.

How we speak, and how we code different behaviors all come from context from language, and that is scientific. Not "language is 100% scientific and there's no bias involved".

As more and more people have an internet connection this is just going to become more and more feasible to study as we interact more.
>>
>>82049603

Best.
Character.
Of.
All.
Time.
Blow it all up!
>>
>>82058274
Coding ANY behaviors as "male" or "female" is something we should trystop doing, though. Not something we should re-enforce by re-defining gender as an identity instead of just a physical trait.
>>
>>82058269
>reasonable
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
But you've never been to those institutions and they often do more harm than good considering they put the suicidal in a worse position afterwards than before.

>forced to pay for their stay out of their own pocket. If you attempted to commit suicide due to debt, congrats, it's now _worse._
>permanent record. Have fun getting a job after that.

Nice job.
Not to mention those places are literal hell holes if you've ever seen them.
>>
>>82058335
The problem is that we can't just up and stop at this point. If anything that would have to be extremely gradual, probably from time passing.
>>
>>82058124
it's one of those intentional legal loopholes, basically by making suicide illegal it means the cops are allowed to break and enter a house to stop someone from killing themselves. they don't go to jail, but they do end up handcuffed to a hospital bed and possibly forced into a psyche ward
>>
>>82058368
It has to start somewhere. People who insist on changing their gender are actively impeding that.
>>
>>82050825

But you don't have any legal right to have it validated, catered to, or paid for by other people.

You also have the legal right to cut your legs off.
>>
>>82058396
>possibly
Typically they do.
>>
>>82058274
>How we speak, and how we code different behaviors all come from context from language, and that is scientific. Not "language is 100% scientific and there's no bias involved".
Never once did I argue against this.
>I'm saying our language of how we describe sex is for the most part baseless
And here you blew it. The rest of that paragraph describes behaviors and identities. My entire argument is that your sex is determined by your 23rd chromosome pair, which is a concrete fact. Identities can be whatever the person wants, but the fact is, a man identifying as a woman does not actually make him a woman, regardless of what hormones he takes or surgeries he receives.
>>
>>82058417
>You also have the legal right to cut your legs off.
No, you don't, actually.
>>
>>82058354
My argument rests on this at the moment. Suicide is well within the means of everyone and society has good reason to try to save people and not enable suicides. If you don't disagree with that then you are simply arguing that mental health institutions that treat suicide should be better funded.
>>
>>82047838
Years of being bitter and jaded with everything.

He even said so himself when he met his past JL self. "I cant believe I was ever this green..."
>>
>>82058396
>>82058420
Good. I don't want my family members killing themselves if they can be helped, and they should get every chance to be helped.
>>
File: well.jpg (60KB, 451x330px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
60KB, 451x330px
>>82058274

I'm just joining into this discussion but...

Masculine and Feminine are not what anon was discussing, those are more sociological.

Were talking sex. If a man wants to wear a dress and make up, in some societies he'll be considered feminine, and thats up to individuals whether they have a problem with it or not

Sex doesn't give a shit about gender roles, or masculinity...it cares about male and female, chromosomes, your physical self, which no matter how many body modifications you undergo you cannot change

I don't have any issue with this movement other then this attempt at butchering known and accepted science. If you want to challenge gender roles then more power to you. But if you want to push the "no im a woman born in a males body, Im female, I have a female penis" then your ignoring scientific facts.
>>
>>82058498
>society has good reason to try to save people and not enable suicides
Go on.
>>
>>82058446

>My entire argument is that your sex is determined by your 23rd chromosome pair

Yes it is. And I never denied that.

>but the fact is, a man identifying as a woman does not actually make him a woman, regardless of what hormones he takes or surgeries he receives.

I never denied that by chromosomes that's factually true.

But how we interact because of that fact is another matter entirely.

Chromosomes are static. What you're saying isn't at all scientific
>>
>>82058536
You act as if suicide is an accident and not a conscious decision.

The logic that typically follows is, "well you can't be making a conscious decision to commit suicide, because you're making a conscious decision to commit suicide! That decision can't be one you would really come to if you were reasonable, because reasonable people don't come to that decision!"

It's circular reasoning. Explain in detail how it's impossible to come to a rational decision to commit suicide.
>>
>>82058542
Yes, thank you. I hate that shit like
>just because I have a beard, doesn't mean I'm not a woman
Like, you can be as feminine as you want, with the most feminine beard at the same time. Go for it, be who you want to be. But no, you are not actually a woman, you are a man acting like a modern female gender role.
>>
>>82058544
There remains a chance they can be productive citizens that contribute both to the worth of society at large and the personal lives of their family. The risk of suicide always looms over people susceptible to it but once they succeed their is no longer any hope of helping them.

It's easy enough to commit suicide without society enabling one to do so.
>>
>>82058594
It's a conscious decision maid by an ill mind. A lot of people have thought about ending it all. Most are damn glad they didn't have a greater opportunity to go through with it well afterwards.

Again, people have more than enough ability to commit suicide without society enabling them. A lot of people who go on to be happy productive citizens are saved by the fact that society tries to prevent suicide when possible.
>>
>>82058600
Prohibition of an activity does not endemically reduce its expression.

For example alcohol and its consumption. Prohibition did not reduce this.

>It's a conscious decision maid by an ill mind.
You believe it's impossible to come to that decision of sound mind - why?
>>
>>82058544

not that guy, but from what I understand there are two types of suicide

Impulse and Ritualistic...Id add in a third and that would be Acceptance

>>Impulse, caused by depression, may be suicidal for awhile but the act of suicide itself is an impulse decision, there is evidence that shows those who are stopped during these attempts rarely attempt again
>>Ritualistic, caused by deep belief, it is planned and very little can be done to bring the person back from their solid belief structure of taking their own life
>>Acceptance, for whatever reason you know without a shadow of a doubt that your done, you will no longer have a quality of life and are simply waiting to die, usually in some kind of pain, and decided to check out a little early to spare yourself pain, or maintain dignity by going out on your own terms, legal suicide is actually a thing in some states if you are terminally ill

So i can see why its beneficial to try and save the Impulsers, they could bounce back, become contributing members of society...hell some would even make the same argument for ritualistics if your patient enough
>>
>>82058594
in terms of cause-effect suicide is the final stage of several mental diseases, scarcely different from someone succumbing to cancer or an infection
>>
>>82058756
You're not proving it impossible.
>>
>>82058700
>For example alcohol and its consumption. Prohibition did not reduce this.
Where the hell did you hear that bullshit?
>>
>>82058700
I'm pretty much positive alcohol consumption dropped. The problem is all the other undesirable things popping up (bootlegging, organized crime, moonshine brewing) diminished its cost-effectiveness.
>>
>>82058831
People kept drinking throughout prohibition.
How much is anybody's guess.

If though, I want to kill myself, that should be my business. I can come to that decision rationally and be aware of the possibility that things may get better but still make that choice.
>>
File: LetmetellyouwhatIthink.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
LetmetellyouwhatIthink.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>82058585

I feel like the pro side of this movement ignores the other side of this movements feelings about how we put a lot of stock into male and female...maybe not gender roles but, we have accepted the science of male and female based on chromosomes, and this push to accept a person that has undergone hormone therapy and body modifications, people who often try very hard to pass as the opposite sex by embracing and enforcing gender stereo-types, as the sex they feel rather then the sex they are, based on science...well that doesnt fly with alot of us

If you want to act like what you think the opposite sex is, and alter your physicality to resemble that sex, and then call yourself that sex, you do have that freedom, and by all means go for it, I have no issues here.

But for many this isnt enough, because the goal is changing the minds of others to be seen as what they want to be seen as. They want to actually BE the opposite sex, and science rejects this notion, and based on that science so do many people.

I do care about how you feel on the inside, I do...truly, but I also care about what you are on the outside. Personally I love me a good vagina, and there are no two ways about it, an inverted ball sack is not a vagina. If you think thats shallow thats your prerogative.
>>
>>82058922
No, it is fairly certain that alcohol consumption went down significantly. In fact alcohol consumption per capita has remained relatively low ever since.

>but muh rights
As I've said several times, it's perfectly within your power to commit suicide without society enabling you. We have a tough enough time saving people already.
>>
>>82058922
>I can come to that decision rationally and be aware of the possibility that things may get better but still make that choice.
But you probably won't, because people are dumb impulse controlled idiots. You'll only realize you're killing yourself when the damage is done then desperately drag yourself on out of a primal fear of death despite already being halfway there.
>>
>>82059041
>muh right
Does not invalidate it being a human right or substantiate a human right.

The threat of prosecution is not saving people.

>Most are damn glad they didn't have a greater opportunity to go through with it well afterwards.

>didn't have a greater opportunity
But I thought it's easy enough?

So which is it?
Too easy? Or people being saved by a ridiculous law that does nothing?
>>
>>82059129
>You'll only realize you're killing yourself when the damage is done then desperately drag yourself on out of a primal fear of death despite already being halfway there.

And that shouldn't be a crime.
>>
>>82048882
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

Women with XY dna. Even you DNA doesn't obey it self.
>>
>>82059225

there are definitely abnormalities

I mean were almost 8 billion strong....your gonna get some that turn out kinda...lets say "special"
>>
>>82059167
Well as long as you don't expect society to accommodate you in any way I suppose it's okay.
>>
>>82059283
Not asking for suicide clinics or death doctors.
Just to not be prosecuted or forced into a loopy bin if I were to accidentally blow off my arm trying to get rid of some defective genetic material.
>>
>>82059225
boy that's gotta be one hell of an awkward doctor's visit.
Get a blood test back and find out you're genetically a dude.
>>
>>82059225
>exceptions disprove the rule

That isn't how it works fagboi

>>82059323
If you want to kill yourself then kill yourself and rid us of your company you annoying faggot
>>
>>82059143
>The threat of prosecution is not saving people.
What? It's already been stated why it's against the law. It gives authorities justification for saving people instead of enabling their suicide.

>Which is it?
You know perfectly well common means of suicide, you facetious bastard.
>>
>>82059389
>It gives authorities justification for saving people
Last year a man was suicidal in my city and he had a knife. Police did a wellfare check on him and they killed him.

Glad they saved his life?
>>
>>82059389
You keep saying enabling.
That literally is preventing it if they barge in there and stop them before they can.

If someone did that to me I wouldn't be thankful.
That would ruin me. That'd be hell.
>>
>>82059418
>suicide by cop
What the fuck are you even arguing at this point? Ever since the prohibition thing it's like you have been poorly grasping at quips little else. This isn't something I'd usually point out on 4chan but you actually had your thoughts together earlier.
>>
>>82059502
>if someone saved my life or the life of a loved one, that would be hell
There are plenty of people who are thankful they were stopped.
>>
>>82059540
It wasn't suicide by cop.
His mom was worried about him.
So she called a well-fare check on him.
Turns out he had a knife and was belligerent.

And she regrets it to this day.

>>82059571
And then what of the people whose lives you then ruin?
"Sorry bout that but you're just gonna have to suck it up?"
>>
>>82059595
>Turns out he had a knife and was belligerent.
Yeah, it's called suicide by cop. Suicidal people act menacing in hopes police will shoot and kill them. If they weren't suicidal then the anecdote isn't even relevant.

>And she regrets it to this day.
Much like the loved ones of people who have committed suicide who they failed to get help for.
>>
>>82059595
>And then what of the people whose lives you then ruin?
Ruin? Your alternative is death. It's impossible to help someone get better if they are dead.
>>
>>82059678
>Yeah, it's called suicide by cop. Suicidal people act menacing in hopes police will shoot and kill them

Now you're just conjecturing.
>>
>>82059703
>It's impossible to help someone get better if they are dead.
And that's their choice. Not yours.
>>
>>82059709
lol, look it up. It's a well known thing.
>>
>>82059757
I'm saying that in this particular case you're conjecturing what happened.
>>
>>82058954
>But for many this isnt enough, because the goal is changing the minds of others to be seen as what they want to be seen as. They want to actually BE the opposite sex, and science rejects this notion, and based on that science so do many people.

You're ignoring what I'm saying to drive home for the twentieth time that chromosomes are different.

Yes, sexes are different. Nowhere am I saying they're nebulous.

I'm saying that in criticism of people who decide to transition you're employing how we see gender as sex and sex as gender. Using our own codes and languages and contexts.

It's difficult to explain, but for the most part, yeah. You're right, there's more to being a woman or man than just hormones, but those experiences are bathing in the contexts forced upon people since childhood.

Is this a negative? I mean, I suppose not. I guess I'm more on the side of questioning how we interpret womanhood has weakness, and how that follows through to how we treat people for something so minor.

>I do care about how you feel on the inside, I do...truly, but I also care about what you are on the outside. Personally I love me a good vagina, and there are no two ways about it, an inverted ball sack is not a vagina. If you think thats shallow thats your prerogative.

the funny thing about you thinking I'm trans is that I'm an actual woman. I have as much dick envy as the next but I'm afraid not.
>>
>>82059730
And? Why should we respect that choice if there is good reason to believe it is a mistake given the many examples of people attempting suicide, either failing or being saved, and then regretting ever wanting to commit suicide later? All you have is some abstract idea of rights and nothing else. Enough people already die of suicide despite many of them undoubtedly being treatable and that is without yoru proposed legalizaiton of suicide.
>>
File: how.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
291KB, 600x512px
>cred chips in that future

how are these things different from credit cards
>>
>>82059772
I already gave you the alternative. Either he was suicidal or your anecdote wasn't relevant.
>>
>>82059845
They are chips.
>>
>>82059842
>Why should we respect that choice if there is good reason to believe it is a mistake
we let Hillary run for president, didn't we?
>>
>>82053190
Too bad it's one of the best episodes in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p02DfyzCE
>>
>>82059842
>Why should we respect that choice if there is good reason to believe it is a mistake
Because we don't forbid adults from making mistakes. All sorts of decisions are made that are mistakes that we respect and allow. Including ones that affect our body. No matter how it affects their health and well being. We don't tell people they are forbidden to do things that may hurt them. Because alcohol and tobacco.
The idea of rights here isn't very abstract. It's pretty simple. you own your body. You set the rules. You put what you want in it, and you do what you want with it and to it as long as it harms and effects no other bodies.

Whoever tells you what you can put in your body, do with your body, to your body, owns it. Ownership is pretty simple to understand.

>>82059863
He was suicidal but that doesn't mean he was trying to kill himself by lashing at the police that came to his door. Maybe he was just thinking about it at the time. Maybe not. Whatever the case, we'll never know.
>>
>>82059935
>falls back on jokes
This is serious bznz, anon.
>>
>>82052923
Bitches will never be able to tell I was once a human. Full furfaggot dragon modo goooo
>>
>>82059879
Credit cards have chips.
>>
>>82059967
I'm not him but you have to admit that was pretty funny.
>>
>>82059962
You didn't answer my question. Why? For what purpose when it is obviously usually a bad decision and we have a tough enough time as it is preventing it without making it legal? How is the world a better place overall?
>>
>>82059962
>He was suicidal but that doesn't mean he was trying to kill himself by lashing at the police that came to his door
You are being dense. Obviously that is why he did it. Why else? This is a textbook case of suicide by cop.

Furthermore, I agree with you. It was a tragedy. It's a tragedy when someone successfully commits suicide. The sacrifice is felt by loved ones and the community.
>>
>>82060019
> For what purpose
What purpose do you want to stop them?
Some moral prerogative or because you think the world will be better?
If they die the world will be better as the suicidal will be gone _anyway_, getting rid of the chaff?

>For what purpose when it is obviously usually a bad decision
Bad or not, we let people make free decisions.

>How is the world a better place overall?
So what?
>>
>>82059982
Well then they are credit carts without the card.
>>
>>82059985
I don't even get it. I'm under thinking it, over thinking it, or both... probably both.
>>
>>82060058
>Why else?
Because he didn't want to be committed at any cost because I've personally seen where he would have been and thought death was a better option?

He wasn't killing himself. He was fighting to the death for his freedom and he knew it was a losing battle.
>>
>>82060104
Hillary's candidacy was a mistake that we let happen.
>>
>>82060069
Because they can still lead happy productive lives; contribute to their friends, family, and community; and don't become monuments to a human inability to cope. Obviously society cares about those things so suicide is illegal.

Your argument boils down to "I don't care that it is a bad decision for individuals and the community, this abstract rule that we have no logical reason to follow is more important than anything else because I say so".
>>
>>82060125
>He would rather fight and die than live and be treated
Yes, because he is suicidal. Obviously he prefers death. Fucking hell. This romantic narrative you are weaving in your own mind doesn't even help your case.
>>
File: ermafalls.jpg (154KB, 1024x613px) Image search: [Google]
ermafalls.jpg
154KB, 1024x613px
>>82059827

I didnt mean you as in you, i meant it ambiguously. Like if I was giving a speech. And Im the guy who just jumped into the convo, you've been talking to multiple people.

I do see where your coming from, but I think breaking down gender roles in general can be good for society. I see this trans movement as a push not to redefine or challenge gender stereo types (although it certainly brings the discussion up a lot more) but a movement based on reinforcing established social norms. Many of the trans people I have seen or even met in person really attempt to personify the superficial aspects of their chosen gender. And really once we remove the physical aspects of a man or woman, the Sex characteristics, whats left other then "social constructs" or societal norms created over the years from all sorts of sources?
>>
>>82060151
I'm getting pretty tired of people who think democracy is good until someone disagrees with them and expresses that as dumbass jokes that amount to "X candidate is bad".

>You know what else was a mistake? RONALD REAGAN'S PRESIDENCY! [queue laughter]

It's not really that funny, tbqhfam.
>>
>>82059982

yup, the future is here anon!
>>
>>82060209
As cruel as it is:
Individuals have no obligation to the happiness of their friends family and community.
So making other people sad by killing others really isn't their obligatory responsibility.

My argument is very simply that regardless of how bad of a decision it may or may not be, that's personal choice for you. That's important to preserve. Because well, yeah. Freedom of choice and self determination are fundamental human rights.

>>82060266
Because being "treated" in this case isn't a good option. He may have just been thinking about suicide, but, when the cops came in, well, that kind of narrowed his choices down to "die here and now or get worse." Didn't mean to romanticize it. If it were me I'd go quietly and kill myself later some other method. Tower drive bridge is always just a bus ride away ya know?
>>
>>82060341
Democracy is just two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.
>>
>>82060341

I mean I agree with you for the most part but our democracy is rigged to hell and clinton is damn near openly corrupt

this isnt just rhetoric, the information is freely available for anyone who invests time into learning about the american political system (be warned, its damn hard to believe at first that its really that nonsensical and blatantly corrupt)

So their specific joke was actually on point for those of us who are politically educated, no offense to those who aren't! shits a mix of boring, depressing, and infuriating all at once
>>
>>82060407
That's a really retarded statement, senpai.
It's easy to sound a quarter smart by hating everything.

Liberal democracies are best there is.
>>
>>82060453
And the Republicans are a shitshow and Bernie is inexperienced. So what?
>>
>>82060481
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

It's the truth, anon.
Tyranny by the majority is a thing.
Public opinion isn't always right and often needs some curtailing.

I can name some examples if you like.
>>
>>82060559
>"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
I'm going to correct myself and say that wasn't benjamin franklin.
>>
>>82060372
Well please excuse the rest of us then as we keep suicide illegal in an attempt to make the world a better place and save our friends and loved ones. I know it is a terrible inconvenience to you now and at any point you should half-assedly attempt suicide.
>>
>>82060559
You sound like someone who was taught democracy was infallible all his life and is only now realizing the cons. So the fuck what? It's still by far the best system available.

>inb4 anons ironically supporting monarchy and fascism
>>
>>82060604
The road to hell is paved in good intentions.
"I'm doing this to make the world a better place" is the mantra of every tyrant. What's a better place for you is hell for someone else.
>>
>>82060650
You understand the united states is a democratically elected republic, yes?
>>
>>82060604
With all respect, before, I in passing mentioned that not many people cared about the suicidal.

I am certain you don't and are using it as a platform to feel good about yourself and pontificate.
>>
>>82060693
Duh.
>>
>>82060710
>I am certain you don't and are using it as a platform to feel good about yourself and pontificate.
Don't project your misanthropy onto me.
>>
>>82060734
So that is why I make the distinction.
A literal straight democracy is literal tyranny by the majority. At least with a constitution there's SOME hope that the opinion of the majority doesn't trample the rights of the few.
>>
>>82060773
That seems like a silly thing to bring up then desu.
>>
>>82060761
You've done nothing but boast about how you think it's for the good of everyone and for making the world a better place but seem to care little about people who actually are suicidal.

Again, you don't seem to care. You want to be free of the problem easily so it doesn't burden you while simultaneously being credited for being helpful.
>>
>>82060849
Because as I've stated countless times, survivors usually regret the attempt and you bet your fucking ass I care about human society as a whole. I can't imagine what kind of backwards perspective of the world it takes for you to think of that as misanthropic.

I've been depressed before and though it doesn't compare to what some other go through like some of my relatives, what is needed is support. Support from friends, family, and experts. We all need to support one another through the hard times as much as we can so we can all become as self actualized as fucking possible. Suicide is a failure of that support, a failure of the individual and the community.
>>
>>82060558

well aside from bernie having like....30+ years experience you might be onto something there chief

but you missed my point entirely
>>
>>82061040
Domestic experience, not international. I'm surprised you haven't heard this complaint railed against him.

Just because everyone has flaws doesn't mean the system is fucked.
>>
>>82060989
I didn't say misanthropic.
I said you seem to care about making yourself look better.

Which was a harsh overreaction. I apologize.
All the same. Pardon me if I'm not convinced things are getting better after seeing them get worse.
>>
>>82061134
>Which was a harsh overreaction. I apologize.
Well that's big of you.

And get worse how? Get worse from what? It's not like suicide has recently been made illegal on a trial period.
>>
>>82061290
Forget it. It's nothing.
>>
>>82059376
Dumbass, you making the exception to prove a rule.
>>all women have XX dna, except the ones that don't.

>>82059347
No doubt, but interestingly enough, Its believed that a high number of models are in fact XY Females.

XY Females "tend" to have clear skin, tall slender frame, and larger than normal busts. A long with facial structures that people associate with the model look. Not all of them do however.
>>
>>82061401
Are you feeling glum, anon? Do you want to talk about it? Things not going your way at the moment?
>>
The splicing episode gave me the strangest boner...
>>
>>82061086

the system is fucked because the system is fucked, not because of the candidates flaws, thats a symptom of a fucked system.

I have heard that before, but seeing as we can look over bernies entire political history and his positions and voting records, we can get a good idea of his international policies. More times then any other candidate he made the correct predictions about what was going on in the world, and is on the right side of history.

More importantly, the smear campaign against his knowledge on international affairs has been strong. They asked him a question on a news program, then when he answered their actual question and not the lead they tried to make him answer they just went with trying to make him look stupid anyway.

Watch the actual footage, and listen to the man speak instead of reading article headlines about him speaking, and he just might change your mind with his positions.
>>
>>82043127
Lobsters aren't red until you cook them
Thread posts: 551
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.