[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE FLASH VERSUS ZOOM POST-EPISODE THREAD 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 57

File: 1461122964780.webm (757KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1461122964780.webm
757KB, 720x404px
Previous thread >>82016377

What went wrong? edition
>>
>>82022467
>What went wrong
1: Barry decides he must give in to Zoom's demands, after he releases his hostage, even though he's now more powerful than Zoom.
2: The Time Remnant explanation makes absolutely no sense.
3: Zoom's feelings for Caitlin are real.
4: No one posted the magnet.
>>
>>82022467

Awful
>>
Whomever wrote this episode should be ashamed of themselves! I almost felt like I was watching Arrow.
>>
>>82022530

The Time Remnant stuff made perfect sense. It works the same way as it did with Thwane.
>>
>>
>>82022621
Eobard was erased from existence, opening the singularity, but his past self was preserved in the Speed Force. That makes a modicum of sense. Zoom travels back in time, recruits his past self, and kills him, thus preventing him from living to be his future self, all without the universe ripping open again. None of it made sense.
>>
>>82022582
Nah, if it was like Arrow, Barry would have given up his speed while everyone kept talking about Iris any time she wasn't on screen while Iris whined at Barry for acting like Barry.
>>
This episode was so shitty I dropped the flash. Good job cw

>>82022621
How? Unlike thawne he actually killed his past self, not killed some random guy and made himself look like him. He should have erased himself from existence doing that.
>>
>>82022530
I found it on EZTV. Get the 2xx MB version, not the 7xx one.

I was also confused about the time remnant thing, as I thought it was a very obvious paradox (imagine if Barry had killed his former self last episode - we'd have no Jay and no Earth-2, among other things). I guess I'm glad to see it was just bad writing, though I don't like the fact that this show is getting worse.

I was also confused about the actual amount of Jays. So Earth-2 Jay was always masquerading as Zoom the whole time? That would explain why he was supposedly a "coward" who never challenged Zoom.
>>
File: CUCKKKKK.jpg (77KB, 600x612px)
CUCKKKKK.jpg
77KB, 600x612px
>Barry this is a bad idea
>seriously Barry this is a fucking terrible idea
>fuck fine Barry, let's do it your way
>Damn it Barry now look at where we're at
>>
>>82022677

>Past self
>Not being erased before his current self

SPEED FORCE DID IT.

All you need to know.
>>
>>82022726
I WARNED YOU ABOUT ZOOM

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING MAN
>>
>>82022726

>Using your last words to approve of a ship
>>
Did Barry hit his head in the Supergirl crossover?
>accidentally travel to a parallel earth just by running
>get back
>hey guys any ideas on how to travel to a parallel earth?

>Zoom kidnaps Wally
>Zoom takes Wally to the same liar team Flash has visited in the past
>I guess there is no way I could use my superior speed to rescue him

>Zoom wants to trade Wally for Barry's speed
>Zoom returns Wally safe and sound
>welp, better keep my word and hand over my speed instead of beating his ass with my superior speed, I'm sure I'll find a safer way to defeat this crazy serial killer with double super speed once I don't have any powers
>>
>>82022621
No the CONCEPT makes sense in how it has occured before. But the way they shit it into the episode has no context. Thawnes time remnant had context. He was erased from the timline but there was still that 'remnant' of him left traveling along its path through the time stream.

In this episode we hear about zoom time traveling for the first time so theres no explanation what fixed point or break in the timestream created this remnant, where it was going, where it came from...just 'yeah im from another time, and thats like another time remnant version of me i guess. i totally convinced him to let me kill him even though based on my personality the only thing i value in existence is prolonging my life and gaining power'.

It was fucking dumb. He may as well have just gone 'magic' as an explanation.
>>
>>82022769
>Promise me one thing, Oliver
>Promise me you won't let the Black Canary die, promise me you will train Felicity
>>
File: ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png (178KB, 636x353px) Image search: [Google]
ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png
178KB, 636x353px
>whose the guy in the mask?
>you wouldn't believe me if i told you
fuck you faggot tell me anyways
>>
>>82022677

He specifically used the word time remnant. Those are created when a speedster travels through time. It is the same exact principle- you don't have to die for one to exist. Time/space -> Speedforce -> time/space.
>>
Why didn't Barry just beat the shit out of Zoom, I mean literally just speed force the shit out of his ass, just wreck his little ass?
>>
>>82022726

>TFW Fucking Teen Wolf did this death better

How sad is it when you can't out do an outright terrible show on MTV?

>Character dies protecting her friends
>Character's death is the key to defeating the enemy
>Character dies in the arms of her former love interest, proclaiming she'll always love him despite both having moved onto other relationships.

I mean was it so fucking hard? Was it hard to let your character die with dignity?
>>
File: 1422220949129.jpg (15KB, 242x208px)
1422220949129.jpg
15KB, 242x208px
>>82022530
>Barry decides he must give in to Zoom's demands, after he releases his hostage, even though he's now more powerful than Zoom.

By far the worst thing. I was [screaming internally] when Wally immediately ran off and then instead of fighting Zoom, Barry proceeds to give Zoom, THE GUY THEY JUST REALIZED WAS A SERIAL KILLER EVEN BEFORE HE HAD POWERS, all of his speed.

He decides he needs to beat Zoom because he doesn't want to leave an entire earth at his mercy, and he ends up leaving two at his mercy instead. Absolutely retarded.
>>
File: 1459487644720.jpg (297KB, 558x788px) Image search: [Google]
1459487644720.jpg
297KB, 558x788px
So at what point did Barry travel to Earth-2 and order cardboard cutouts of Zoom's parents? It's not a plothole, just really silly.
>>
>>82022880
It's 90 TV show Flash, I bet this so hard
>>
>>82022955
"You from ANOTHER dimension" isn't that hard to believe.
>>
File: zoomzoom.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
zoomzoom.webm
3MB, 720x404px
I have too much time, what else do I convert
>>
>>82022926
show jumped the shark
>>
>>82022928
Wells' Apple Watch + Cisco Photoshop Magic + A really good printer
>>
>>82022829

You're explaining essentially the same fucking thing. The only difference is the Zoom we've been following until now is the one that has yet to be erased.

And they DID go with the magic explanation because that's what Speed Force is. It's bullshit asspull go fast magic.
>>
Welp, looks like I'll drop Flash after this season wraps. Not only is this completely bland now but there are constant breaks. 2 new episodes month long break then this episode.
>>
>>82022530
>Barry decides he must give in to Zoom's demands, after he releases his hostage, even though he's now more powerful than Zoom.
I didn't know they could pull off a more stupid "give my enemy more power than they deserve for literally no fucking reason" than the time Ollie gave the key to the League of Ass to Merlyn, but they actually did it. The absolute madmen.
>>
>>82022795
Getting knocked out by Banshee obviously gave him brain damage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G04l28emvfY
>Well, this is a complication.

>4 episodes later
>Haha just kidding it was all part of my plan

What?
>>
>>82022880
Its obvious who it is Alexander Luthor
>>
Was tonight's episode really that bad? Havent had time to watch it since I'm dead
>>
>>82022467
CW writers trying to recapture the magic of season 1, while exacerbating all the worst aspects.

Can we talk about all the garbage S2 has been?

>Finally show Killer Frost and both make her a one-off reference character (even adding that "lol Cisco I was tested as not being a meta! I will NEVER EVER become her!",) as well as making her go down because "friendship"
>Jay Garrick being totally wasted
>Felicity references
>Wally being shoved down our throats, despite him being a fucking shithead and nobody liking him
>Not developing Zoom at all, and dragging out the mystery of his identity
>Hunter/Jay LITERALLY telling Caitlin his identity and then being surprised when it blows up in his face
>bringing back Wells. While he's the highlight of every episode he's in it's obvious that they are using him as a crutch because they can't write anybody else
>rehashing season 1's plot of an evil speedster, but not giving us any connection to the character
>zoom being a boring as fuck cartoon villain, as opposed to Eobard
>more iris relationshit
>snart and mick getting sniped by Legends

is this show becoming Arrow?
>>
>>82023058
Probably referring to the portal closing.
>>
So was the first episode of Season 2 retconned or something? Was Jay ever the Flash? How could he be Zoom and Flash at the same time before finding out about the singularity? He said it himself that he went back in time after he found out about the multiverse.
>>
>>82022972
No what makes it hard to believe, is that this you from another dimension is also your father
>>
>>82023067
it was utter shit

>>82023058
we got keicuckud

>>82023016
watch gotham instead
>>
>>82023058
I was thinking this too. They really are writing this week by week aren't they. That's why there are so many breaks.
>>
>>82023067
I liked it, but it did get a bit retarded in the end. You know how every show has an episode where the good guys think they've always won, but since there's still 4-5 episodes left in the season, you know that's not the case? That happens, but in a stupid way.
>>
>>82023102
No. He preteneed to be the flash to build up hope and then as zoom destroyed it all
>>
>>82022982

Shouldn't they be ripping up trees and tearing up roads at the kind of speed they're traveling? Looks like if you're some chap walking through Central City you'll just see some pretty little lights when in reality you should probably be dead.
>>
>>82022880
Real Jay Garrick.
>>
>>82023098

Yeah I assumed he was talking about the portal and killing Jay off earlier than he had planned.

The original plan was to keep a portal open after all.
>>
>>82023118
It's a couple weeks ahead but not by much. Think they finished up the finale a week or so ago
>>
File: bingo2.jpg (195KB, 1380x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bingo2.jpg
195KB, 1380x1600px
I'll just leave this here. Might be useful for next season.
>>
>>82023016
>2 new episodes month long break then this episode

At least now it's a straight run through to the end. Could any burgers explain what the break was about? I'm used to your shows dicking about and having random breaks all over the place, but what the fuck was the point of taking a month long break, airing two episodes then going for another month?
>>
>>82023067
It's a slow burn to a decent scene between Zoom and Barry. Then it just goes straight down the toilet from there.

>>82023076
>is this show becoming Arrow?
Don't say that. Don't you EVER say that. It's going to need to drop a few levels before it becomes Arrow.
>>
>>82023135
True but what I don't get is that he said that Flash and Zoom have fought numerous times and Wells can even confirm this. Zoom said he's nowhere near fast enough to create a speed mirage so how the fuck did he do it?
>>
>>82023115
Flash quality is kill for good? Or is there any redemption for it

>>82023126
>where the good guys think they've always won, but since there's still 4-5 episodes left in the season, you know that's not the case?

I hate this shit. I'll catch up on it by next weeks episode so I'll be back for the thread but if the show doesn't stick the landing on a mediocre season 2 I might be done forever and kill of BP for good
>>
>>82023144
The speed force prevents that. Except for times when it'd be funny and not devestatingly tragic, I suppose. That's how it is in the comics too, and it's why Superman doesn't move at Flash speeds unless he's VERY far away from civilians.
>>
>>82023202
>Zoom said he's nowhere near fast enough to create a speed mirage
Everyone saying this is retarded, Barry made multiple speed mirages the episode before Zoom pushed in his shit. He meant he's not fast enough to maintain a Jay speed mirage on earth 1, while being Zoom on earth 2.
>>
>>82023181
Add "villain enters STAR Labs unopposed"
>>
>>82023200
> It's going to need to drop a few levels before it becomes Arrow.

maybe i spoke too harshly but we're getting there

fucking hell, what if the next season's villain is another speedster? I can almost guarantee it's cobalt blue
>>
>>82023230

How can the speed force prevent that yet he can create a tornado by running around in circles?
>>
>>82023199
>Could any burgers explain what the break was about?
The midseason break was for Holiday vacations and what not. This latest break, I have no idea. This is really the only show I watch that does it tho.

They should really cut down the episodes for the season 20 something is way too much IMO. Too much filler.
>>
>>82023181

>Cisco makes a casual-friendly reference / FREE SPACE
>Someone Catlyn loves dies
>Felicity is mentioned outside of a crossover
>>
>>82023202
>Zoom said he's nowhere near fast enough to create a speed mirage

I assume he meant fast enough to create one across two Earths, not in general. He's faster than Reverse Flash so there's no reason he can't do it.
>>
>>82022926
>>82023031
I mean, hell, the best way to deal with this would have been to keep Wally as a hostage and -- as the initial preview pics hinted -- reveal Barry's identity to him.

What we got was just...sooooo unsatisfying on so many levels.

Like, for fuck's sake, Trajectory did the whole hostage negotiation thing a lot better than this.
>>
>>82023270
>>82023199
Same thing happened last year with the breaks. Same pattern. Assume it will occur next year too. Must have something to do with getting better ratings.
>>
>>82023219
>Flash quality is kill for good? Or is there any redemption for it

The writers have an easy out to redeem themselves. We just have to wait and see if they take it.
>>
File: morezoomzoom.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
morezoomzoom.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>82023144
Been wondering this too, how is the public seeing them. Are they visible at all or is it just a streak like in season 1.
>>
>>82023275
>He's faster than Reverse Flash
Barry with a quick dose of tachyon amplification fucked him up. This episode just confirmed that the Barry and Eobard who fought in Barry's house that night are uncontested speed gods who could fuck up anyone but each other.
>>
How could Wells and the entity of Earth-2 not realize Zolomon and Jay are the same person?

A 23-count serial killer whose case and face was widely public should not have fooled so many people for so long.
>>
File: 2b9[1].jpg (38KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
2b9[1].jpg
38KB, 589x399px
>>82023267
>>
>>82023267
Because speed force ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>82023270

It's about sweeps and ratings.

Midseason was for Holiday, the one after that was to compensate for March Madness, Spring Break, and Easter. This one was most likely to stretch the season out a bit more and place key episodes in weeks that statistically get better ratings plus, and in Flash's case since it's break was off a week from Arrow, to give Containment a good lead-in.
>>
>>82023317

FRIGGING CARDBOARD CUT OUTS

HAHAHAHAHA WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS THIS
>>
>>82023076

Not yet, the episode just ended badly. It's not like the show has been hijacked by Iris x Barry.

>>82023181
>Cisco names the villain
>Joe bonds with his family
>Show forgets Barry has a job
>Episode's villain is a speedster
>Barry reveals his identity
>>
>>82023323

Didn't Hunter in the flashbacks have a different actor? Because it sure looked that way to me but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>82021993
>>82022503

Waid is weird and sensitive about shit, he blocked me when the Season 1 finale happened because I re-tweeted him freaking out about Jay's helmet and I replied also being excited about it.

Next thing I know he blocked me, honestly you shouldn't give much thought to what he does.

>>82022397
Also this, after Waid blocked me I was blocked by Slott even though I never tweeted anything at him nor got involved in the gator shit, so I guess they just share a block list.
>>
>>82023219
>Flash quality is kill for good? Or is there any redemption for it

Maybe? People are upset because it sort of shows that the writers don't really have plans or think ahead, and a lot of people are mad because it completely shits on the characterizations from the comics Like, Jay only existing to ruse people who actually know about comics.

What I don't understand is how Wells knew Hunter and Jay, yet never pieced together that they look exactly the fucking same.
>>
>>82023181
>Barry loses his confidence and has to have yet another emotional talk with someone to try again
>Caitlin brings up her feelings for Jay
>Barry does exactly what the villain tells him and it winds up being fucking retarded
>>
>>82023323
THIS, to be perfectly honest

Hell, even if you consider that most of the Jay flashbacks to Earth-2 are fake, Wells has TOTALLY FREAKIN' SEEN Jay's face. And, as Wells himself has said, everybody knows Hunter's face.

I suppose it's one of those "lol its the helmet ;)" or "lol people just dont WANT to see him ;)" like Superman. But it's still a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>82023181
>Iris loves Barry
>Iris no longer loves Barry
>Iris loves and no longer loves Barry in the same episode
>Barry encourages Iris too see another man
>>
>>82022926
I simply cannot understand how a room full of writers failed to see how incredibly retarded this was. Sure, sometimes characters have to make stupid decisions for plot reasons, but this was a situation so easily avoided. Just have Zoom show up without Wally, tell them he's buried somewhere with enough oxygen for a few hours, demand Barry's speed in exchange for Wally's location. There, simple.
>>
>>82023417
??

Are you confusing Hunter with his dad? Adult Jay/Hunter is always played by Teddy Sears. Hunter's dad slightly resembles Teddy, but he's different.
>>
>>82023181

Caitlyn gets a new love interest
Barry doesnt know how to use his powers
>>
File: zombiemode.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
zombiemode.webm
3MB, 700x392px
How is it possible that the CW has dropped the ball so freaking hard with all 3 of it's DC shows this season?
izombie was really damn good and it's also a comic based show on the CW.
>>
Havent been keeping up with this, what happened?
>>
When Caitlin ran tests on Jay she detected no traces of the Speed Force in him. This episode confirmed he's a speedster and Velocity 6 was just an enhancement. Why'd he have no Speed Force?
>>
>>82023313
I don't see how. If they did this over here, people would just drop the show and watch something else that airs consistently.
>>
So what was that breach that Barry went through at the start of the episode? Was that the entirety of the Supergirl crossover from Earth-1's point of view? Goddamn, time moves fast over there.
>>
>>82023417
Nope, it was Jay. He had a beard in the picture, but they clearly shaved him while he was in the mental institute

And Jay doesn't wear a mask, either. Or vibrate his face. And from what I could gather his identity was publicly known, too. Nobody from E2 shouldn't have been able to look at Jay and peg him for E2 Charles Manson.

also can we just talk about this

>serial killer being executed (or getting electroshock therapy) is the EVUL SPEEDSTER

it's literally deviantart tier, nearly Snyder bad.
>>
File: blueisbetter.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
blueisbetter.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>82023433
Come to the new thread buddy, I also made this for you

>>82023449
The appearance changed and no one knows he became a speedster. Jay then showed himself as the flash and zoom covered his face fully. No way you can remember or realize it until someone jog your memory.
>>
>>82023542
Maybe Hunter's able to suppress the Speed Force in his system, like a Dragon Ball character can suppress their energy?
>>
>hunter traveled back in time, kidnapped himself, convinced himself to pretend to be Jay and go to Earth 1 then be killed by his future self
>for some reason
>>
I get the impression they didn't decide on who Zoom was until the mid-season break
>>
>>82023542
A jay that didnt have it yet....i guess
>>
>>82023542
I guess that Past Hunter was from before he was a speedster?

>>82023562
yes
>>
>>82023509

No I mean in the asylum flashbacks.

They never really gave him a good close up but something seemed off beyond the long hair. A lot of people were asking it during the first thread too.

IMDB doesn't list another actor though so I assume it was just the hair and lightning.
>>
File: zoom.png (245KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.png
245KB, 720x404px
>>82023417
>>82023509
Here's asylum Zoom.

I guess it could be the Superman phenomenon, where people just assume he has no secret/alternate identity since he doesn't wear a mask. It is ridiculous, sure, but not in an extraordinary way for the DC universe.
>>
File: bingo3.jpg (259KB, 1380x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bingo3.jpg
259KB, 1380x1600px
>>82023247
>>82023271
>>82023412

Added some of these, at this rate the show will have a lot of Bingo cards.

>>82023432
>>Barry loses his confidence and has to have yet another emotional talk with someone to try again

I was going to do the FREE SPACE a 'CW's Patented 5-Minute Emotional Scene that Kills the Episode's Momentum" but the font got so small it was illegible.
>>
>>82023516
Leave here, shill.
>>
File: whocouldhebe.jpg (384KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
whocouldhebe.jpg
384KB, 1000x559px
>>82022467
I'm still hung up on how nobody including harrison wells recognized their Flash was a fucking serial killer.
>>
>>82023614
And then they proceed to spend half an episode wondering how to get to Earth-2. Fantastic.

Really makes me think they had both episodes written up and ready to roll long before the crossover deal was finalized and then they just shoehorned them in.

I mean, Barry does literally nothing at all in Supergirl, and then this episode... nyugh.
>>
>>82023365

>Unrepentant psychopathic murderer Hunter Zolomon was being given electroshock therapy when the particle accelerator on Earth-2 went off, granting him the powers of a speedster, becoming Zoom. Being a complete psychopath he decided the best way to cause suffering to the people of Central City was to create a fictional superhero, scientist Jay Garrick, also known as The Flash, who would combat Zoom and his rogues, giving hope to the people so that they would suffer even more when he killed them because he's a dumb, insane asshole. At some point he developed Velocity-6 to enhance his speed, but it is Speed Meth and is killing him. He is obsessed with speed and has undefined speed powers, so when the 52 breaches opened up between Earths 1 and 2 he was able to cross over, discovered Barry and decided to steal his speed, also impersonating a depowered version of his Jay Garrick personality. He also went about kidnapping Jessie Quick to force Wells of Earth-2 to help him steal Barry's speed in an attempt to alleviate his quick dying. When the gang started closing breaches and moving in on him he knew that the jig was up, so he used his fantastical powers to fetch a time-space anomaly duplicate of himself, convince himself to die for himself, and brought him back to kill before everyone in order to give Barry the push he needed to increase his speed to make it even more delectable. Now he's got Barry's speed.

kill me

>The thing is, none of this shit makes sense. It's overly complicated, and calls in to question how smart and how strong Zoom is. How did a psycho killer become smart enough to develop a speed enhancing drug, even one that fails? Why was he unable to find a cure? How great are his powers, since he seems to freely travel through breaches and time whenever he pleases. Why did he needed a complicated plan to make it look like he killed Jay Garrick if he could have just, say, killed Joe or Iris?
>>
>>82023659
>implying any of the CW dc shows have been good
>calling anybody a shill

Only LoT can save us now. Maybe it will git gud
>>
>>82023658

Dad wars
>>
>>82023542

Because the Velocity 6 made him unable to tap into the speed force.
>>
>>82023674
Yes, that was really weird. Barry accidentally travels to a parallel earth, then spends half the episode trying to figure out how to travel to another parallel earth.
Just run, Barry, run! You fucking idiot.
>>
>>82023738
>Only LoT can save us now.
But that already failed us.
>>
File: pSdmXWr.png (463KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
pSdmXWr.png
463KB, 800x877px
hhahah
>>
Flash can still redeem itself.

At least it's not so far into the grave like arrow is
>>
>>82023756
Except that it didn't at all.
>>
File: nuuuuuhh.png (2MB, 1518x1129px) Image search: [Google]
nuuuuuhh.png
2MB, 1518x1129px
>>82023674
I would not be surprised. Man, that was shoddy. How could we have possibly known? How can they keep getting away with this?
>>
>>82023658
>wally being autistic in some way

caitlin having a line should be something special too, since she's basically an afterthought
>>
>>82022530
>The Time Remnant explanation makes absolutely no sense.

Because he made it up on the spot. Why would he say "this is a complication" after killing the so-called Time Remnant through the breach if everything went according to plan?
>>
How the hell are they going to get Barry his speed back?
Are they going to give him Velocity so that he can catch Zoom and steal his speed back?
>>
>>82023757
>accidentally runs to a random earth
>surely if I keep running I'll eventually hit home and not be lost in an infinite multiverse
This episode had legitimate problems, you're just being stupid now.
>>
What's with all the negativity? Why are people saying that the show is shit now?
>>
>>82023658
>You have to go FASTER Barry!
>We believe in you!
>>
>>82023520
TL;DR

>Flash becomes faster than Zoom
>decides to reopen one of the E2 portals (which had recently been closed off) to fight him again
>Team Flash beat him by triggering him with cardboard cut outs of his dead parents and a leg trap
>Zoom breaks out of the trap and runs off, Barry too stupid to even attempt to stop him
>kidnaps Wally, tells them he'll trade him back for Barry's speed
>they agree
>Zoom brings Wally back, he runs away to safety
>B̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶Z̶o̶o̶m̶
>Barry & friends go through the long process of giving Zoom his speed, calmly chatting with him as anyone would with a serial killer
>Zoom reveals Jay Garrick was himself from the past that he brought to the present to pretend to be the Flash to give people hope (so he can take it away)
>Zoom explains the reason why he killed his past self and still exists is that _____________
>Barry finishes extracting the speedforce from himself, gives it to Zoom
>Zoom is now twice as fast and even more dangerous
>Barry has completely lost his powers
>...
>THE END
>>
nobody's mentioning the absolute worst part

>literally using the "we're not so different, you and i" cliche, almost word for word
>>
File: 388363.gif (4MB, 450x542px)
388363.gif
4MB, 450x542px
>>82023797
>>
>>82023824
Because we like to blow things out of proportion, but if the writing continues to be like the last few minutes of this episode, it will be shit.
And the fact this season has just been meandering it's way through doesn't help.
>>
>>82023821
He managed to run back to his earth on the first fucking try, surely he'd be able to pinpoint earth-2 and run there fairly quickly, especially since he's been there before
>>
>>82023824
I personally wouldn't call the show shit. But its getting dumber. And between the ass crossover, the obnoxious fucking breaks in between every other episode, how much theyre dragging the story out, and how bad and strung out this last episode was (they could have gotten through these events in half an episode but they decided to spent 25 minutes with barry figuring out how to get cisco to open a breach when he could have figured it out before the first commercial break. NO suddenly hes worried about 'the dark side'.

It's getting kind of lame at this point where it was once a really enjoyable show to watch.
>>
>>82023840
Whats fucked up. is those first two lines of your tldr take up 2 thirds of the goddamn episode.
>>
File: nonono.webm (245KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
nonono.webm
245KB, 720x404px
Instead of taking breaks, they could have end the season around this time just like every other series but no, they want to take breaks and end the season at the end of May. What stupid reasoning is this
>>
>>82023821
This is a legitimate excuse not to go that way, if they had acknowledged it. But they didn't. Barry didn't even mention it happening. Have him at least try and fail.
>Barry runs
>opens portal
>gets into portal
>comes out a second after, visibly injured
>where did you go
>throw reference to some elseworld here
>okay, that was a bad idea, lets try something different
>>
File: aut.jpg (207KB, 810x486px) Image search: [Google]
aut.jpg
207KB, 810x486px
>>82023870
>>
File: ashiaga0n.png (98KB, 602x620px)
ashiaga0n.png
98KB, 602x620px
>>82023902
I think that's fair. I think they just bit off more than they could chew with the multiple earths.

Maybe once we're done with this arc. And if not, there's always Season 3. Never give up hope.
>>
>>82023703
>How did a psycho killer become smart enough to develop a speed enhancing drug, even one that fails?

That one isn't too hard to figure out. Wells created the initial Velocity drugs. Maybe Zoom discovered and tampered with the formula, creating the lethal variant.

>Why did he needed a complicated plan to make it look like he killed Jay Garrick if he could have just, say, killed Joe or Iris?

That makes sense too. Things were getting heated so he decided to kill off his Jay persona so he could lay low while Team Flash did all the work of powering Barry up for him.

Why he ever needed the Jay persona in the first place is the real plothole. But I guess they needed to play up his crazy side.
>>
>>82023840

Was thinking of watching it, but after reading that ending, I don't want to. Did Arrow writers switch over for this week?
>>
>>82023969
They sorta mentioned it. When Barry got back he sounded surprised that he was, and it really didn't seem like he was only surprised to be back at the lab.

And then they dropped it.
>>
>>82023674
>>82023757

Barry ran fast and then wound up in a random universe on a different fucking NETWORK.
He probably only managed to get back because he was naturally synced up with the with his home universe.

The crossover is more of an underlining of the Earth 2 problem than anything.

The problem isn't getting to another universe, it's getting to the universe you're trying to get to.
>>
>>82023969

How does Barry know he got back to the right earth and not one that's sorta identical but has differences of its own?
>>
How the fuck does that device WIRELESSLY TELEPORT Barry's speed force into that vial anyway
>>
>>82023181
>Free Space: BARRY FUCKS UP
>Caitlin does nothing important
>Cisco vibes
>Terrible CW Drama
>Harry the best part of the episode
>Someone cries
>ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>Meta-human of the week
>"Where's Felicity"
>Wally a shit
>>
>>82024072

>synced up with the vibrational frequency of his home universe
>>
>>82023938
ratings sweeps
>>
>>82023870
which is stupid because the only thing they share in common is their childhood tragedy. which isn't even similar at all - hunter's dad went fucking ballistic after the war and killed his mom. barry's mom died because of his personal time traveling stalker.
>>
>>82023976
ah, autismposter. We're not so different, you and I.
>>
>>82024087
He can't really, there is no way to make sure he's on the right earth. If he finds a difference then he can know he's on the wrong one, but there is really no way to know for sure he's on the right one.
Reminds me of a book, whose title I can't mention to recommend without spoiling its twist.
>>
>>82022692
>Iris
>not Caitlyn

Nice try.
>>
>>82024239
Here's a difference: If he's on a slightly different earth, there's that earth's flash?
>>
>>82024274
>there's that earth's flash?

Maybe that other earth's flash did the same thing and wound up on a slightly different earth
>>
>>82022880
>>82023145
>Real Jay Garrick.

Well damn Zoom now I don't want to believe any stupid shit you tell me god damn you're probably just making this whole thing up as you go. In fact, get out of here, are you even really a bad guy?
>>
>>82024274
Not if that earth's flash traveled to a different earth at the same time and got back to the wrong earth (for example the original's flash's earth). Essentially Flashes switching earths without ever noticing. Which again reminds me of that book.
>>
>caitlyn trying to appeal to Zoom's feelings for her
>the one who had feelings for her was his past self that died, and therefore present Zoom shouldn't even have those fucking memories
This time remnant shit is retarded
>>
>>82022795
>hey guys any ideas on how to travel to a parallel earth?

He needed to get to Earth 2. If he did the same method as before he would have no way of making sure he got to the right Earth
>>
>>82024376

Would be weird if you traveled to another Earth that you thought was home then 10 years later you find out someone you knew died a long time ago but it didn't have a significant impact on the timeline.
>>
>>82024425
then how'd he get to his earth on the first fucking try at the end of supergirl?
>>
>>82024465

What's to suggest that he got there on the first try? (haven't watched the episode but he might have been bouncing around multiple earths)
>>
>>82024239
What book! Im so curious
>>
>>82022880
It's his father.
>>
>>82022916
Hey, TW was dope S1 - 3B.

It's a cluster fuck now though
>>
>>82022530
>3: Zoom's feelings for Caitlin are real.

This is the real season he killed E2 Ronnie. He was tired of being cucked
>>
so uh

if the jay we'd been seeing all along that wasn't Zoom was some kind of time afterimage of hunter why the fuck would he have any emotional ties to caitlin?

and if the time doppleganger came later, when was it introduced? he never had a chance to go get it without anyone knowing. I mean it had to have existed earlier since caitlin didn't detect speed force in him

christ alive what a shit episode
>>
>>82024536
Gonna spoiler it, just in case. It's The Fold by Peter Clines.
>>
>>82024651
God dammit that's not even completely ridiculous now.
>>
>>82023703
>It's overly complicated

This is probably the biggest issue for me.

A large reason why S1 was so successful was because Wells' plan was pretty simple: figure out a way to use The Flash to get back to the future. And, ruin his life and then kill him before he's finally finished. It wasn't anything too flashy, and the simplicity of it allowed them to keep fleshing out Wells-obard's character, to keep using old characters in interesting ways, and to find satisfying resolutions to the main characters' arcs.

But here, it's like --
>Let's delay everything as much as we can so that we have to create asspull explanations and so that any kind of romance (or any type of interactions at all) seems forced as fuck.

Honestly, it's just...it's as if they've learned all of the wrong lessons from Arrow and have no idea how to make a 23 episode season last. So they just end up using one flimsy plot, stretching across the ENTIRE season, and they never figure out how to make each episode last.

NEWS FLASH: FOLLOW THE 24 METHOD.

Use an act structure! Stop trying to use decompression tricks on a goddamn TV show.

The first season, weirdly enough, fit the 24 method pretty well. Episode 9 "The Man in the Yellow Suit" was a good ending for the first act, and great beginning to the second one. Episode 15 "Out of Time" was a good ending point for the second act, and episodes 16 and 17 "Rogue Time" and "Tricksters" truly began to launch the show into its final and best stretch. Including episode 16, that was EIGHT episodes in the last stretch.

Here...we have like 5 episodes left? And there are still a bunch of hoops to jump through, plots to close, character arcs to resolve, people to get powered up, romances to spark, etc. etc. etc.
>>
So iZombie really is the last good DC(Vertigo) show

We had a good run
>>
>>82024212
Both autistic?
>>
>>82024651
>This is the real season he killed E2 Ronnie. He was tired of being cucked

First time I actually laughed at someone using the word "cucked" in a sentence and it makes sense too.
>>
File: 1402361620133.jpg (25KB, 345x194px)
1402361620133.jpg
25KB, 345x194px
>>82024737
>>
>>82024789
I mean I hear Gotham is kind of ok but I haven't watched it tbqh
>>
>>82024380
it feels like they were trying to trick us, after last season we knew from episode 1 that Wells was Reverse Flash. They wanted some kind of big reveal nobody would expect

Except the thing about surprises is that if you build your plot around them then plot points just come out of nowhere. People liked season 1 because of the tension between both parties, while season 2 has the cast and the characters both being suprised by the same things, so there's no build up.

I mean, we find out Jay is Zoom, and then the very next episode has Cisco finding out too. There's no suspense. There's no character. Zoom is just a plot device, and everyone else is just standing around waiting for him to do things.

The only actual plot in season 2 is Wells/Jesse (good) and the West Family Drama, which is cancer
>>
>>82024737

iZombie is in name only though.

I hope DC can get a netflix deal.

Just imagine

Netflix Doctor Fate would be my number 1 want personally.
>>
>>82024737
iZombie and Gotham, m8.
>>
>>82022530
His feelings were probably some Frued shit cause Catlin reminded him of his mom
>>
I've been working today, do we have a magnet yet?
>>
>>82024818
It's incredible. You have to watch it.

But you really need to sit down and commit to the whole first season. It's a show that has a lot of moving parts, and all the dominos aren't set up until after the first half of S1. After that it's a non-stop rollercoaster. Just know that every single thing that you don't like when you start Season 1 (*cough*Barbara*cough*) pays off by the end of the season

Then Season 2 gets even more crazy.
>>
So wait a minute, there never was a Jay Garrick on Earth 2 at all? Zoom just played hero for a while to fuck with people, then did a 180, then used the name again once he traveled to Earth 1 in the hopes of stealing Barrys speed? Kind of sucks for Jay fans
>>
When he killed his time remnant he was in between demensions which in DC's theory meant the speed force would protect him
>>
>>82024852
That's true, but it's a pretty good show. Lucifer is absolute cancer though.
>>
>>82024969
I do have access to the DVDs and a Netflix trial pending so it wouldn't be hard to get into. I just don't give that much of a shit to Batanything so I never bothered.
>>
>>82024852
Netflix The Question would be neat. I'm not sure I trust Netflix with anything magic/special effect heavy.
>>
>>82025002
The Tim Burton Batman movies are all you really need; the shows are thematically designed around them.

You'll miss out on some references but that's about it. Also a word of caution that Episode 1 is the worst episode in the entire series.
>>
>>82025002

You dont need to be a Batman fan to enjoy the show, you dont even need to be a comic book nerd to like it, though it helps in terms of making you appreciate some of the themes and villains.
>>
File: Flash Season 1.jpg (543KB, 1082x2999px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Season 1.jpg
543KB, 1082x2999px
This episode was terrible. Even with Season 2 being so weak lately, this episode stood out as just stupid. The sad thing is you can tell how much of a let down Season 2 has been because we all gave up making hypetrain shops and these fucking reaction images early on.

I just want Zoom to be about to kill Barry and then Eobard shows up and bitches about how he's going to be the one to kill Barry. Then we a get 3-way speedster fight and Zoom and Eobard get lost somewhere during the Speedforce shenanigans. Then Barry goes back to Star Labs and turns out all his time travel shit has altered his Earth in someway and season 3 is better written.

Just get rid of evil speedsters for a bit. Spend sometime having Flash just dealing with his Rogues until Hal shows up and needs his help fighting some douchebags from Qward Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>82025078
>>82025087
I'll honestly think about it. Glad it's good though.
>>
>>82024976
The man in the metal mask is the real Jay
>>
>>82023267
My personal theory is that it prevents it since the overt power oft he speedforce is also tied into the will of the user.

If the user wants to create a tornado by running around in circles, then he can freely do it. If he doesn't want to destroy entire cities by just fucking running around the damn place really fast, then he won't destroy the city.

The speedforce is basically just sorta like the Green Lantern power ring when it comes to that. It can seemingly do things within the laws of physics, or just ignore it for the sake of it. There seems to be limits to it though, since it seems that the average clothing will still burn when the user runs fast enough...
>>
So is there something more to Zooms darkness comment?
>>
>>82024852
HBO (being a part of Time Warner) is significantly more likely than a Netflix original series deal, given that Marvel is the big Netflix pull right now and for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>82025095
I just want to have fun again.
>>
>>82025066
I wouldn't want any DC property to get the Daredevil treatment 2bqh. Shows that try to be "gritty street shows about the REAL city" are embarrassing.

I'd rather them just buy another season of Young Justice over pulling a Marvel "lets make a cape show for people who hate cape shows and use the word 'kino'" thing
>>
>>82023076

Honestly yes and faster. They're at Arrow S3 quality now where there's no real overarching plot that anyone cares about and the moments of hype are existent but fleeting.
>>
>>82025124
Yeah but does that Jay have powers? Was he the hero of Earth 2? Or is this pre hardwater Jay? Im so confused.
>>
>>82022928

Assuming Jay was lying and there really WAS a Zolomon running around in earth 1 he probably got pictures of them instead. That's how I saw it at the time.
>>
can we just turn Caitlin into Killer Frost and have her hook up with King Shark?

then bring back Stein, Mick, and Snart from the Ripping Friends and make them all the new stars.

It would be a bold new direction for a Flash show but I think it could be fun
>>
>tfw almost everything DC-related is having pacing problems lately

>a large swath of DC books after Convergence have pacing issues
>Batman v Superman is a mess overall, but it's even doubly so because of its pacing
>ALL of the Arrowverse shows have fucked seasons because the writers don't know how to pace their storylines
>>
>>82025269
>a large swath of DC books after Convergence have pacing issues

I don't think this one is notable. That's always been the case in the age of decompression which is what makes the good books such gems.
>>
File: 1432027905352.png (501KB, 742x562px) Image search: [Google]
1432027905352.png
501KB, 742x562px
>>82025124
It's Earth-2 Felicity. Barry will rescue her in the finale and then Season 3 is all about her adjusting to life on Earth-1, exploring her feelings for Barry but still being allowed to date others, and criticizing Caitlyn's weekly failures to help the team and Iris being a terrible writer and then showing them both how to do better. There'll be a Brave and the Bold crossover where Earth-2 Felicity teams up with Earth-1 Felicity to take down Grodd and his army of gorillas who have teamed up with Merlyn and his League of Assassins. Then there'll be a crossover with LoT later where Earth-2 Felicity teams up with Earth-1 Felicity from the Future who is the founder of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 464x594px)
image.jpg
44KB, 464x594px
>"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
Shipp confirmed for real Jay knocking masketta man in prison.
>>
File: 1460845461071.png (2MB, 1352x2203px) Image search: [Google]
1460845461071.png
2MB, 1352x2203px
>>82025254
>Turn Caitlin into Frost and hooks up with Shark.
About the only thing that would make her likable. But fuck it, if you cant do that, bring in Lincoln as the Earth 1 Frost
>>
>>82023824
The whole season has been mediocre-bad.
Theyve had multiple breaks and after all the bullshit they've pulled this episode was supposed to be them finally unravelling the plot and making something good.
Instead they jumped the shark and gave us the worst episode of the flash to date with the biggest load of shit they've ever delivered.
>>
>>82025325
FUCK

I WOULD ACTUALLY WATCH ALL OF THIS, JUST TO TORTURE MYSELF
>>
>>82025375
Nah it'll be Shipp as older Barry from the 90s show universe. They'll play on the whole Barry will grow up and look just like his dad schtick.
>>
Ok so we can all agree that season 2 is a mediocre rehash of 1 that wasted Jay Garrick. Season 3 could pull it out of the fire, but they need something good and fast. The Rogues are surprisingly underutilized, I say make Mirror Master the overarching big bad of next season.
>>
>>82025433
Not a chance.
>>
>>82025397
It's making it more obvious how unlikeable of a protagonist Barry is too. He was already kind of shitty in S1 but the earnestness helped correct for it a bit and the plot distracted people too.
>>
>>82025480
The Rogues are dead. Cold is basically a hero at this point.
You think he's going to come back to Central City after Legends and go back to robbing banks?
>>
>>82025538
>The Rogues are dead. Cold is basically a hero at this point.

God, how did things get this fucked up?
>>
>>82025381
I've had that idea before, actually- if they don't want to make Caitlin Killer Frost, just have Loise be our world's Killer Frost.

My original pitch was
>Earth 2 Caitlin is Killer Frost
>When they come back everyone acts weird about her (this ended up happening)
>They tell her that she's evil in another universe, and freaks
>tries to prevent herself from turning and ends up becoming Killer Frost
>Uses the comic gimmick of being evil while she's Killer Frost, then turning back to normal when she drains enough heat
>Caitlin becomes a danger to the team and has to force herself not to become Killer Frost by maintaining her temperature
>they end up needing her to be Killer Frost
>she turns, but then they have to remove her powers from her for good
>meanwhile a friend of hers copies the experiment to willingly become Killer Frost and becomes a recurring villain (which ended up kind of happening with Velocity)

it would have been good, CW. Why don't you give us more Best Girl?

also,
>that pic

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>82025480
I think we all know Season 3 is pretty much just going to be about Wally becoming a Speedster. It's most likely going to be insufferable.

Also I highly doubt we'll get much action from the Rogues. Cold and Heatwave's actors are heros now, plus their actors are doing fucking Prison Break again so they won't have time for more than a few passing appearances.
>>
Where the hell is Dr Alchemy or Mirror Master, I thought they were meant to be in this season?
>>
>>82025538
>You think he's going to come back to Central City after Legends and go back to robbing banks?

Yes? Legends just explains the no killing Rogues code and their relationship with the Flash.
>>
>>82022880
Wally
>>
>>82025538
W-................................huh....thats actually a depressing point you have there anon. Fuck! Where did it all go so wrong? I mean hell, the "rogues" only had like 3 members on there team max. Piper, Trickster, and Wizard never officially joined. Im starting to question this show now. Maybe we're all just dazzled that they pull off some weird shit like King Shark every now and then
>>
>>82025538
Redeemed villains have gone evil again before. You can just have him decide in the end that the hero stuff just isn't for him unless the status quo is at stake. That is very easy to maneuver around.

I just seriously doubt the writing staff can concoct an interesting plotline regardless. S1 was probably a fluke.
>>
Even if you keep Cold heroic I don't understand why you also go and change Piper to a good guy too. He could have easily been the replacement leader for the Rogues if you wanted.
>>
>>82025593
But still, Mirror Master anon. FUCKING MIRROR MASTER. We can save this show. Clones, portals, lasers, trapping Barry in the Mirror World, the possibilities are there
>>
>>82022880
I want it to be Doctor Fate.

It'll probably be incredibly disappointing, whatever the reveal is.
>>
>>82025719
I seriously doubt the writers at this point could properly use Mirror Master
>>
>>82025593
>wally season

That's when I drop the show. Jesus christ, he's literally Flash's Felicity
>>
>>82025716
>I don't understand why you also go and change Piper to a good guy too

Because modern Piper has largely been a good guy. He's the one redeemed Rogue that has stuck.
>>
>>82025664
yeah, there's a difference in not wanting the world to end and not wanting to rob a bank
>>
>it took one epsisode to turn the Flash hype threads into Arrow threads

The sad thing is I don't even blame anybody. It's totally justified at this point.

Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>82025766
Youre probably right...........dammit we really are getting a Wally season arent we? Cant wait to see his shitty costume with the exposed head and the terrible silver or yellow
>>
can anybody explain how Zoom would have feelings for Caitlin if his time doppleganger was the one dating her the whole time?
>>
>>82025886
kill me
>>
>>82025850
>it took one epsisode to turn the Flash hype threads into Arrow threads

Eh, it's more like S1 was so much hype that now everything feels bad and people need to bitch about it. Same thing with Arrow after S2, except that there the flashbacks becoming entirely redundant and ran its course but they keep putting them on.
>>
>>82025916
>in order to get White Wally back in the comics Black Wally will take over TV

worth it honestly
>>
Also, I just realized that this whole teasing of the masked man is effectively an announcement of an announcement of an announcement.

* Regular announcement = "character X will be a big part of the next season"
* Announcement of announcement = "OK guys, we're going to announce that a new character is coming. wondering who it is?...." and then, "character Y will be a big part of the next season!"
* announcement of announcement of announcement = "OK guys, once we tell you what's going on, you'll freak..." and then "haha, ok, are you ready? we're announcing another new character..." and then "and that character is character Z!"
>>
>>82022467
I just watched the episode.
What the fuck happened.

Started with such a cool scene and suspenseful music and then it just went to shit.

>oh the he caught one of us
>I guess we have to capitulate completely and make him truly unstoppable
>he's only a psychotic serial killer

This is the worst fucking episode of flash ever.
Holy fucking shit I'm disappointed.
Couldn't even have a fun wink to the supergirl crossover.
>>
>>82025942
maybe it's like reverse arrow, where season 1 was shit and season 2 was good, then everything after is shit

m...maybe season 3 of flash will be a return to season 1 quality
>>
>>82025954
>Hoping Redhead Wally will return
Its time to let go anon. Also Im sorry to say it, but a silver or yellow flash costume visually looks terrible on a dark skinned character.
>>
File: flash season 3.png (854KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
flash season 3.png
854KB, 600x887px
>Arrow will never recover.
>Flash is going down the shitter.
>They'll never stop teasing us with Hal references, only to laugh at our pleas.
>Maybe we can get Alan Scott at least...
>He'll just have a cameo as a train conductor and never get any powers
>They'll never touch on the Justice League founding comment Gideon made again
>Writers forgot Gideon was even a thing
>We'll never see Grodd again because all that CGI budget has to be spent on Wally as a full-time speedster
>Mirror Master will be the B-Plot of a Wally learning his powers episode
>Felicity will probably replace Caitlin when they cancel Arrow
>Joe will turnout to have been an evil speedster the whole time from Earth-3 or some shit
>Patty was smart to leave the show
>i just wanted to run fast
>my feet hurt
>why am i still watching
>>
>>82026042
>Its time to let go anon

but they're bringing him back in rebirth
>>
>>82026042
There's literally no other character who could be a big enough spoiler for both Flash and Titans. The ONLY thing I can think of is if they sliding in Jessie Quick in his spot and even DC can't be that cruel.
>>
File: speedforce.webm (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
speedforce.webm
1MB, 480x270px
>>82025891
Normally I'd answer "speedforce" for any question like this, but we all know it's just lazy writing at this point.
>>
>>82025800
I'm aware of that, but my worry is that they're just throwing in comics stuff without a proper plan because they think fans watch purely for references.
>>
>>82025891
>the whole time
I assumed he only brought him there for the death
>>
>>82026108
>because they think fans watch purely for references.

We want the /co/ demographic.
>>
>>82026108
that's been CWs MO for a while

see: Arrow
>>
I know character IQ tends to drop when the plot demands it but for fuck sake Barry throw Zoom in a cell before talking to him. Because when the hell has the boot been that reliable?
>>
File: birds of gay.jpg (90KB, 600x461px)
birds of gay.jpg
90KB, 600x461px
>>82025916
From the thumbnail I thought this was Falcon.
>>
>>82025891
He switched with his past self a lot. They both kinda dated Catlyin. So she was dating two guys at same time, what a slut.
>>
>Barry doesnt fully recover from this
>Wally gains speedster status by finale
>First half of season 3 is Barry being Wally's Dr Wells and teaching him
Just end it now. Have King Shark eat the cast and become the star hero
>>
>>82026249
>Have King Shark eat the cast and become the star hero
Now that's one way of "jumping the shark" that I can get behind.
>>
>>82026021
Different network. They really can't say anything about CBS' Supergirl because contract was one way. CBS owns part of CW and they shilled the Flash on Supergirl during the crossover but that was their agreement. Besides it wouldn't fit the tone the episode.

As for Wally getting caught, Barry views Wally as family. He's Joe's son so that makes him brothers of sorts. They didn't have time to wait around for Wells to figure something, Barry & Team Flash seem to be caught constantly off guard by Hunter Zolomon. Which is perfectly reasonable, he's obviously planned this from the start. He knew that Barry would fall on his sword for anyone of his friends and family.

That's kinda his major MO, is that he'll put his life on the line to save his friends & family. As for him being a serial killer, it proves he's a master manipulator. They know how to tug on emotions and play them like a fiddle. Also if he's gotten away with 20+ murders, then he's pretty intelligent in hiding his tracks.
>>
>>82023516
Vertigo show > DC shows
Flash BTFO by iZombie
>>
>>82026249
Barry will recover, status quo is God. However I do think he won't be as fast, maybe go back to S1 speed levels. Then have him & Wally speedster tag team.
>>
>>82025886
>>82025954
>>82026057
>>82026249
>>82026309

Guys. GUYS. Stop it. It was just one episode! Sure, the plot look fucked up at the moment, but we still have five episodes for things to come together. They can do this. We can do this. We just have to believe.
>>
>>82022880
The writers haven't decided yet.
>>
>>82026493
Hope is a dangerous thing, Anon.
>>
>>82026493
It's not just one episode at this point. The entire season has snowballed to this point. Maybe they can get a new showrunner or something during the summer, but it's a bad sign.
>>
>>82023810
>barry gets velocity
>disappears into speed force

Have fun fighting Zoom with an empty suit.
>>
>>82026207
>Run a train on a girl with your speed remnants
Girls can have multiple orgasms? Well so can I
>>
>Jay Garrick doesn't even exist
>"Oh that guy? He was just me I went back and time and killed me lol"
>The guy in the mask is going to be speedster E2 Wally so we have le epic stinger for the end of the season
>No one will care because every time Wally is on screen he's either whining like a bitch or has the personality of a rock

It's fucking over bros. That 'return to Season 1' episode was a bad idea because it revealed how shit S2 is to the retards left who had any doubts.
>>
So what are you picking up now that you're dropping Flash?

I think I'm giving meth another try.
>>
>>82026057
Godeon's on Legends bro.
>>
>>82026615
I remember people getting mad at me for suggesting this season wasn't as good and claiming I must have been jealous that Flash was more popular than Arrow.

I'll still watch the Eobard episodes since they seem to do those right at least.
>>
>>82023419
I guess. I just wish he gave me a reason.
>>
>>82026792
Seems like whatever you did was probably more of a "muting" offense rather than a "blocking" one. Like maybe he didn't want to deal with people trying to talk about the episode to him at all or something and didn't want to get into a fight. Wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>82022926
I kept imagining that there has to be a twist.
>Barry actually is just acting like he lost his powers, and they are giving Zoom Velocity 9
>Barry actually stored away the majority of his speed force before the whole thing in a different injector and will be able to just get right back at it
>Barry actually thought of the same bullshit trick with the time remnant and he's going to show up

Right now, the only way I can see for Barry out of this which would be kind of cool even if it wouldn't make up for this episode, would be if this is the moment when Eobard Thawne first shows up.

Like the Time Remnant of Eobard Thawne comes, the first one. The one who doesn't yet know that he's going to be Reverse Flash and fucks Zoom up to help out his big hero the Flash, and help him re-create the accident just like he did to himself.
>>
Just saw the episode. Is there a masketta man on both earths or did i get that wrong? The bridge leading to the hideout was different so i assume it was on earth-1.
>>
File: oh dear god.webm (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh dear god.webm
340KB, 1280x720px
>Velocity 6-9 gave that speedster girl split personality
>there's a good Jay and a bad Jay
>Jay was bad from the start
>the split personality good Jay came from him using Velocity 6-9
>something crazy happened and the two split apart
>good Jay fused back with bad Jay after he was "killed"
>Caitlin will save him with power of love
>Also Flash goes full hax mode and punches Zoom out of existence

The man in the mask isn't anyone we know, but some big name super hero that everyone will be surprised by.
>>
>>82023784
>At least it's not so far into the grave like arrow is
Unlike Laurel.
>>
>>82022467
How did they obtain life sized cardboard cutouts of Zolomon's family
>>
>>82026947
Thawne was always evil in this continuity.
>>
>>82026992
>The man in the mask isn't anyone we know, but some big name super hero that everyone will be surprised by.

Fuck this. No more reveals, just end this painlessly and move on next season.
>>
>>82027104
Are we sure about that?
From my recollection the only assurance we have of that is what he told Barry.
Would this Reverse Flash really just up and tell Barry that he used to be a giant nerd and he modelled his entire life around Barry?
>>
Can someone please explain to me why Barry can't just fast through dimensions? Didn't he just fast to Supergirl's Earth? Why did they need Vibe?
>>
>grow your hero into something more powerful than the villain
>realize he's become too powerful and just depower him again until the finale
ffs
>>
>>82026888
That could be it. Could also be an issue about posting spoilers, but you're right. Shouldn't stress over it.
>>
>>82027218
My best guess is that this episode was originally going to be different before they effectively left it in renewal hell.
My guess is that they were orignally going to have it be a two way cross over with Barry acknowledging that he was in a different universe, but they scratched that off except for the short visual hint at it.
>>
>>82027218
He can fast into dimensions but can't control into which dimension he ends up in, while Vibe can vibe a portal up directly to Earth 2 guaranteed.

Now how Barry was able to return directly to his home dimension after Supergirl, I have no idea, but I'm sure the writers could pull some bullshit "it's easy to sense your OWN Earth among the multiverse" bullshit if they were pressed to explain that one.
>>
>>82027218
>>82027325
It's already been easily explained through the thread, though the fact they apparently can't mention the crossover at all on the Flash hampers it.

It's still really easy to hand wave as, "yeah, the flash can run/vibrate weirdly enough to phase through to different dimensions, but if he wants to actually get anywhere he needs Cisco's ability to target things and open the portals."

It's not great, but it makes sense.
>>
>>82027345
Given that Flash has already had problems vibrating through matter in Earth 2, it's really easy to say it's because you naturally vibrate at your dimension's frequency, so if you shot yourself back into the space between dimensions, you can rubberband snap back to your own without trying.
>>
>>82027397
Second guy here:
Yeah I was kind of imagining a scenario where Barry would tell them about how he went into a different universe and then Vibe would help him control the direction, instead of Vibe doing all of it.
>>
>Team Flash
>>
>>82027218
Because Barry cant decide which universe he end up in. Hes fucking lucky to get home from Supergirl earth
>>
>>82027397
I think the biggest problem people have with this explanation is that it could easily be handwaved away by creating a pseudoscience device that helps Barry control where he goes. It's exactly what they did with Cisco anyways.

The best way to handle it would have been that they need Cisco to open the breach so multiple people can go together and Barry wouldn't be left alone. But Barry more or less planned to go it solo anyways.
>>
>>82023658
>Wells pulling out couch cushions, flipping over tables searching all over for Jesse
>>
>Zoom didn't even bother to check if the syringe was a trap.
>>
>>82023824
Because it has been. Why else? I'd really prefer it not to be but fuck
>>
S3 should be Flashpoint so they can reboot and flush season 2 to the toilets.
>>
>>82023658
>Barry travels through time
>A plot discrepancy is explained by SPEED FORCE
>Caitlyn's life somehow gets more depressing
>Cisco invents something
>Wells is right about something that everyone disagrees with
>>
File: 1461113741438.jpg (63KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1461113741438.jpg
63KB, 800x534px
>*tap* *tap*

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1457693623330.jpg (42KB, 650x368px) Image search: [Google]
1457693623330.jpg
42KB, 650x368px
>>82026474
constantly
iZombie season 1 was so tightly written
and season 2 was just epic
it's like Pushing Daisies x Psych
even that acting is better
they're all adults acting like adults instead of being overly emotional messes
>>
>>82028110
HE'S BACK
HE'S THE MAAAAAN BEHIND THE MASK
>>
>>82027951
No point in doing Flashpoint when this season basically does the main hook (reality where things are different from normal).

Which means they'll probably do it because they have shown they can't do anything but imitate the previous season in the worst ways.
>>
So why was Wellsobard jittery over the Jay hat appearing of Jay was actually Zoom?

Is E2 actually NOT E2?
>>
>>82026474
>>82028122
Go. Away. We don't need inter-company wars here.
>>
>>82022656
If they're bringing Harry back they might as well bring Gazelle back.
>>
>>82028247
He was never jittery. I just took it as "okay the wormhole works"
>>
>>82028283
same company
>>
>>82028247
they're making it up as they go along, probably intended for him to be real Jay until halfway through the season
>>
>>82028318
he meant intra-, common mistake
>>
>>82028311

He said "that's my queue to leave" so I assumed he was worried about Jay coming and beating his ass.

>>82028328

Probably. I STILL think E2 isn't actually E2, and is only called E2 in show because it's the second Earthy they visit.

It's more like E3.
>>
>>82022926
Hell, it would have made at least a miniscule (and I'm talking 0.0001%) amount of sense if Zoom had just attacked Barry immediately and taken the speed or something.

But Barry has Zoom come to home turf, give up his hostage, and then calmly sits down with him while Wells calibrates a machine to take his speed, and gives it up?

Did the writers all spontaneously die and they had to hire children to fill in?
>>
>>82028247
>Is E2 actually NOT E2?
Only way to save the season, really. It'd certainly explain why "Earth-2" has more villains than heroes.
>>
>>82028122
The question is how exactly?
They're both technically the same company and both on the same network right next to each other. So why does iZombie have such better writing and characters?
Don't they have intermingling staff like with arrow and LoT?
>>
>>82028389
Only way to save the season is to have the masketta man as real Jay and give him speed powers so he can take over
>>
>>82024089
>SPEED
>FORCE
That is all
>>
>>82023581
She has some fat tits. Shame they were hidden in that suit.
>>
>>82028407
Different showrunner. iZombie has the Veronica Mars guy. Literally who is on Flash, Arrow, etc? I know Berlanti's company is involved but I don't know if he personally does a lot.

The network is that really that important. People need to stop claiming CW is the reason the shows are bad.
>>
>>82028407
Pretty sure iZombie has a small set of writers that don't change every episode.
>>
>>82028110
Ugh. It's gonna be Wally isn't it? His hands are black.
>>
>>82028546
How would Wally know morse code?

Also his hands are dirty.
>>
>>82028570
Who knows why other Wally knows Morse, those don't look like dirty hands.
>>
>>82028546
Based on hand veins and a mole, it's Teddy Sears again so real Jay?
>>
Man, as someone that grew up in an abusive household full of domestic violence, that opening scene was really hard to watch.
>>
>>82028570
>>82028595
It's not morse
They specifically mention it was some code used by the military
Like hunters dad
>>
File: Flash Credits.png (22KB, 269x560px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Credits.png
22KB, 269x560px
>>82028513
>Literally who is on Flash, Arrow, etc? I know Berlanti's company is involved but I don't know if he personally does a lot.

Going down the list:
>Executive Producers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nutter
Gabrielle Stanton - Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Haven, The Vampire Diaries
Aaron and Todd Helbing (Spartacus, Black Sails)

>Producer
Glen Winter - No real producing credits, although he was a cinematographer for The Crow: Stairway To Heaven, MVP: Most Vertical Primate, and Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch.

Oh... Oh god...
>>
File: 1294241117725.jpg (257KB, 515x600px)
1294241117725.jpg
257KB, 515x600px
>>82022467
The season will end with Wally getting the Speed Force instead of Barry. Season 3 will start with Wally as the Flash and Barry taking on the Wells role of mentor.
>>
>>82022726
It's like Dexter all over again.
>>
>>82025113
Its not. It sure had improved a lot since season 1 but its still shit.
>>
>>82028888
>Barry mentoring anybody when he's still a newb himself
>Wally YOU AIN'T MY DAD, YOU JUST LIVE WITH HIM every episode

I'm not worried. Even that can be salvaged. I'm not worried. Only best case scenarios ahead.
>>
>>82025078
This is an excellent comparison. It really does feel like its running on the simultaneously campy but serious Tim Burton style Batman.
>>
fuck
>>
>>82023776
pls be Raven as big bad for season 3
>>
>>82028110
What? Im prettysure he was white before
>>
>Earth-1:
Barry is Flash
Joe is a cop
Iris is a reporter
Cisco and Caitlyn work at STAR Labs.
Wells is a loving scientist / Fake!Wells is actually Eobard Thawne.
(Eobard is a scientist who becomes evil.)
Hunter is a nobody.

>Earth-2
Barry is a cop
Joe is a lounge singer (and dead)
Iris is a cop
Cisco and Caitlyn are villains (and dead)
Wells is a loving scientist
Hunter is a serial killer (and Zoom)

Is that all right?

Who is The Flash on Earth-1?
Who is the Man in the Iron Mask?
>>
>>82029010
No, it really isn't. It's done pretty much the opposite of Flash and gotten good.
>>
>>82029211
more than just that, though, there is also the past timelines, which have created doubles ("doubles", because the "first" ones we saw, IRL, have effectively been retconned away) of Wells, Eobard and now the rat dude
>>
File: Eobard best Barry.jpg (969KB, 1500x1660px) Image search: [Google]
Eobard best Barry.jpg
969KB, 1500x1660px
>>82022467
Barry, can you stop fucking up for one second?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>you will never be this good looking
>>
>>82022530
>2: The Time Remnant explanation makes absolutely no sense.
Because he's lying. He's pretending he was Jay, perhaps Jay wasn't actually dead when he yanked him through and had time to interrogate him.

That's why when he kills Jay he says it's going to complicate things...why would it complicate things if that was his plan all along?
>>
>>82029329
>wasting the best looking actor on the show on this shitty plot

Why do they mistreat husbando material like this? First Eddie's actor and now this guy
>>
>>82029417
>why when he kills Jay
Grabs him I mean, in other words he couldn't know what he was doing.

A possibility that exists right now is that there really are two Jays split from the same individual.
>>
>>82023430
>What I don't understand is how Wells knew Hunter and Jay, yet never pieced together that they look exactly the fucking same.
Hunter looks like every fucking hobo in every fucking street in everyfucking city, who the hell would pay attention to his looks?
>>
>>82025886
I would be so hyped about a Wally season if only he was OG Wally. Not this piece of shit.
>>
>>82024527
That's true, they've left him open to cameo anywhere else now and it'll fit in that scene instead of having to shoot a new one.
Can't wait ''til we see Barry on Gotham and iZombie!
>>
>>82023935
Dude at this point let's just be fuckin glad that THOSE things take up the episode and not fuckin romance filler.

Seriously. Just be fuckin grateful. How many lines did Iris have that concerned love? Right? Goes to show they have some sort of quota on love lines or something. And then the actual good writers come in and put in shit that actually matters in the Flash universe.

SHIIIIIEEEET
>>
>>82029535
I agree with you but DCAU Wally was not OG Wally. Not even close. It's like someone off-hand mentioned some vague details of Wally's early Flash personality and they mixed that with Bart.
>>
>>82022530
>>82022720
I just assumed went back in time and it was the past Zoom that killed the future Zoom and since the timeline had already changed the "future" zoom was from another timeline and thus a time revenant.
>>
>>82029602
Yeah i know. But i still like the DCAU Wally more then i like "Random Black Kid With Wally's Name". + that fight with Brainthor was awesome.
>>
File: SpeedForceDontHaveToExplainShit.gif (330KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedForceDontHaveToExplainShit.gif
330KB, 500x374px
So this probably came up before, but I have to ask:

Does time travel affect parallel universes?

Because here's a question:
What would happen if Barry got his speed back, went back in time, and either saved Hunter's mom, or made sure that Hunter got adopted by a loving family who helped him cope the way the Wests helped him?

Would that erase Earth-2's history?
Would it erase Earth-1's events that were affected by Earth-2?
What if Earth 2 Wells was on Earth 1 when this happened? Would he disappear, or would he remain, having no idea how he got there? Would he maybe have the same memories with a copy on Earth 2 that never left, or would he be the only one but still remember the old history?

Usually I'd just say it rewrites both universes and leave it at that but this Speedforce magic business really boggles the mind.
>>
>>82023840
>>Zoom explains the reason why he killed his past self and still exists is that _____________
You're right, but they technically do explain half of it.
Zoom said he killed his Jay version so that they would re-open the gate.

Which is strange, because this is the scene where he takes off his mask and clearly none of that was part of his plan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G04l28emvfY

So either Zoom was lying out his ass with the whole explanation for Jay, or the writers forgot what happened literally 3 episodes ago.
>>
>>82023263
Cobalt Blue isn't a speedster at least. Dumb character, though.
>>
>>82029713
if nothing else it does prove that different interpretations can be entertaining, but I think this show has bigger issues at this point than Wally either way
>>
>>82027663
This shouldn't make me laugh but it did.
>>
>>82025538
>You think he's going to come back to Central City after Legends and go back to robbing banks?
He's not coming back period. He and Mick's actors got cast in the Prison Break reboot and are going to that show ala Patty, Wildcat and Roy Harper.
>>
Wait Wait Wait

What I don't get is.... Jay only shaved his face it seems? Are you telling me people couldn't put it together that he was a serial killer? It's not like he was vibrating his face at super speed

Or was he
>>
>>82029942
Dude, in most DC universes, people can't really piece together the fact that Superman is Clark Kent even though he performs vigilantism without a mask. I think a viking-tier beard with longer hair is enough to mask the fact that "Jay" is infact Hunter Zolomon.
>>
>>82023824
If there's a leak in the boat, /co/ will immediately jump ship.
>>
>>82029987
I couldn't even tell that was Jay with all that hair, so yeah...
>>
>>82024607
holy shit i think they just decided to google supernatural creatures and tried throwing random ones into the show
>>
>>82025397
I'd have to agree. I feel like they didn't have a solid identity and backstory for Zoom for the majority of the season and eventually it's got to the point where they've had to make some shit up otherwise they'll run out of episodes. It's all a bit shit really.

That being said, the show's not beyond saving. I just hope they come up with a better thought out plan for season 3.
>>
>>82022761

I'm sick of SPEED FORCE always being an excuse for poor writing.
>>
My name is Hunter Zolomon and I'm the fastest psychopath alive.
>>
>having hope for Flash

>having hope for Supergirl

>taking this long to lose hope for Arrow

They were always subpar. You guys were just so desperate to have DC representation on TV, you'd take anything they threw at you.

All you cared about was easter eggs and references, and look where we are.
>>
>>82030203
When I was a child I saw my mother killed by someone unstoppable. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an explosion made me the unstoppable. To the outside world I am a twisted fucking psychopath, and openly I use my speed to wreck havoc and find others like me. And one day, I'll consume all the Speed Force there is and become a vengeful god.
I am Zoom.
>>
>>82030203
kek
>>
Barry you absolute fuckup
>>
>>82026108

That's been what they've been doing the entire time, anon.

Congratulations, you finally figured it out.
>>
File: trash.jpg (8KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
8KB, 158x200px
I'm never watching another CW show ever again
>>
>>82026493

No, fuck off.

This is the future you chose by not demanding better.
>>
>>82030279
>The Flash had a bad episode
>Stop watching iZombie
What was that you were saying about trash?
>>
File: 1460714970280.jpg (54KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
1460714970280.jpg
54KB, 354x364px
>>82030211
What the fuck is wrong with you, /co/?

Last episode, all i heard was good things from most of you. Now this episode gets shown, and you all are saying Flash is shit and was never good, and how some of you are dropping it.

I can't believe what i'm hearing. Yeah the episode ended very poorly, but damn.
>>
>>82030279
>Not watching iZombie
>>
>>82029902
Prison Break reboot is only going to be a mini-series which they've already started filming.

They'll be finished by shooting by the time Flash season 3 rolls around.
>>
>>82029759
I think the simplest solution is that the multiverse has a single timeline, shared among the various earths. So that any action taken on earth-1 that has an affect on earth-2 would be valid and change the timeline.
This also makes sense if you see the speed force wraiths as scavengers that feed of the residual energy of erased timelines. So when Barry traveled back in time, he would have crossed over into the timeline that caused the paradox and attracted a wraith that was feeding there, because he threatened its food supply.

>>82029902
Isnt the reboot literally only a single season, like the X-files reboot?
>>
>>82030296

>iZombie

Turns out that it's just like the comics.

The farther from mainstream DC something is, the better the quality.
>>
>>82030317
Nah, it's just Rob Thomas magic. Dude's amazing at characters. He just makes awesome characters, puts them in a sandbox, and lets events unfold.
>>
>>82022467
>What went wrong? edition

Writers just stopped giving a fuck I am guessingg

>Lets just stuff references from the comics, those fagets will eat anything up
>>
>>82030312
>This also makes sense if you see the speed force wraiths as scavengers that feed of the residual energy of erased timelines. So when Barry traveled back in time, he would have crossed over into the timeline that caused the paradox and attracted a wraith that was feeding there, because he threatened its food supply.
Wouldn't it be the opposite?
The more timetravelers fuck with the timeline, the more timelines are created.
Infact to my knowledge that is literally the only way new timelines are created in DC.
So wouldn't that make speedsters who fuck with time the wraith's best friends if the wraiths need timelines to get created and erased to live?
>>
>>82026510

This

Or the writers are deciding whether to backpedal on who they originally wanted it to be
>>
>>82023067

You are better off dead, than watching this episode
>>
It finally happened, /co/. Agents of SHIELD is now officially a better show than The Flash.

Be honest, did anyone ever expect this to happen? I sure didn't.

Not even a companywarsfag. If anything, I like DC a bit more than Marvel, but AoS is now the second best capeshow after iZombie.
>>
>>82023106
>I am a Speedster, like my father before me.
If this is the twist Which based on his hands I can almost guarantee isn't they won't be able to help themselves.
>>
>>82030437
>Not even a companywarsfag
I'm even more not a companywarfag and Agents of Shit is objectively worse than Arrow. And remember I'm not a companywarfag so you can trust my opinion.
>>
>>82023144
>>82023317
Nah.
The Speed Force both lets you sort of "control" how much collateral damaged caused by your superspeed, otherwise windows everywhere would be constantly exploding and whenever they saved someone the person would explode as soon as they touched them from the speed differential between them and the speedster.
That's also why even if their clothes might burn up they don't just explode into flames when running that fast.
>>
>>82030459
>admit I prefer DC
>point out that a DC show is the best capeshow on tv right now
>SHUT UP COMPANYWARSFAG
Also, The Flash was my favorite show up until this episode.
>>
>>82030211
All live-action comic shows are shit.
>>
he gave you Wally back now fuck him up fucking hell Barry beat his bitch ass down
>>
>>82030346
I think if we imagine that time is linear and flows much like a river:
When a speedster travels in time his actions would potentially cause the flow to be diverted forming an alternative flow, however the original timeline would remain, like an ox bow lake.

Now you have an extinct timeline that is cut of from the source, essentially this timeline is dying. Now that time no longer flows in this timeline, the "water" stands still and parasites from The Bleed can enter the timeline to feed of it like maggots in a carcass.

Now if a speedster crosses over into the 'ox bow' timeline and changes something, he would have diverted the flow back into the dead timeline, essentially cutting of the amount of food for the time wraiths.

Just a theory, but i think it explains the time wraiths pretty well.
>>
File: legendsheader.jpg (125KB, 640x360px)
legendsheader.jpg
125KB, 640x360px
It finally happened, /co/. Legends of Tomorrow is now officially the best DC television series

Be honest, did anyone ever expect this to happen? I sure didn't.
>>
>>82030459
I'm on to you Image loafer
>>
>>82030547
Is this what it feels like to become copypasta? I'm not sure what to feel.

Also,
>Legends of Tomorrow
That's a weird way of spelling iZombie.
>>
>>82023764
Gotham and AoS initially sucked too

Maybe shows that start of bad get better with time cause writers keep making more effort to make it better and better
>>
>>82030542
All right, I get a better idea of what you mean, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Basically consider this:

Say there is a timeline, let's call it A.
A point in time in any universe is just a number, so the first event of timeline A is A1, then there is A2 later, and A3 after that.

Speedster goes from A2, to A1 and changes something.

A is diverted from A1, into B, so A2 is now "dead" and can be feasted upon.

Later the speedster goes back in time from B4 to an event at the time of 3.

Why would he end up in A3, instead of B3?

In fact, even if he went back to time 0, and he ended up in A0, wouldn't the "diverted" stream end up in B anyway since the damage was already done at A1?
>>
>>82023824

Because it shows that the writers stopped giving a fuck after Season 1
>>
>>82030608
I still don't get why people love Gotham so much. Can anyone explain it to me? I feel like I'm missing something.

The motivations of most characters make zero sense. Blatantly obvious solutions to problems get completely ignored. Asspulls out the ass. Completely fucks over a ton of Batman's established lore.

I literally couldn't contain my laughter during the last episode when Gordon was shooting at Fries. You have this supposedly dramatic, deep conversation happening, and all the while you hear *clang* *bang* *clink* in the background for ages. Apparently Gordon is such a lousy shot, he couldn't hit the man's completely exposed head and he just continued shooting at his armor, which was making Fries tired and unable to move for some reason. For like 2 minutes straight.
>>
>>82029826

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing

He clearly did not intent on killing Jay Garrick or whoever that was
>>
>>82023978
>bit off more than they could chew with the multiple earths.

Yeah, I felt Arrow did the same whne they went full super powers
>>
Jay actually falling in love with Caitlin reminded me I was watching a CW show
>>
>>82030608
In the AoS case it still sucks. The only upside is the stealth cancellation of the Inhumans movie.
>>
>>82024723

>tfw that guy who said time travel and alternate universes shenanigans would be confusing was right
>>
It was a fine episode until the Wally gets Kidnapped thing. then it just fell apart. I'd rather the writing team stick with the original story, then try to swerve me, because then it makes fucking sense
>>
>>82030653

I don't get it, either.
>>
>>82022467
>Barry opened the breach for no reason except that he holds a grudge against a guy who beat him up and nothing more
>Zoom is a mentally damaged serial killer but can act like a normal person on Earth 1 for 6 months without killing anyone
I guess the electro shock therapy must do some serious shit
>Zoom gets away because Barry chats away instead of defeating him even after he had the power-draining leg brace on
>Barry couldn't keep up with Zoom after he broke the leg brace even though he is way faster now
>When Zoom brings Wally back, instead of beating Zoom because he's stronger, he gives him his speed for no reason
>>
>>82024723

I really liked Arrow season 1 too for the same reason. It was wonderfully structured with overall season plot, villain of the week plot, flashback plot all syncing together. The audience could sense where the series was going while still enjoying the current episode
>>
>>82030685
>Jay actually falling in love with Caitlin reminded me I was watching a CW show
It feels like Chloe/Doomsday all over again
>>
>>82030702

This is easier to avoid if you have grounded rules to it and stick to them.

But if there's no consistency to time travel and its consequences, it really starts to grate.
>>
It'd be one thing if they even refer to him controlling his time travel abilities, or multiversal travel. But he time travels by accident by going too fast, then it never happens again, no matter how fast he goes without reason. Then he travels to another fucking world because he went too fast, only to go FASTER and not do it again without mention
>>
>>82030653
I binge watched it and enjoyed it but haven't watched an episode since the Matches Malone discovery, the show is so unappealing that it's one of the first shows I've watched for so many episodes and decided to drop. Almost nothing happens that makes you want to know what happens next episode.
>>
>>82029902
>the Prison Break reboot

Oh its a reboot?

So I dont have to watch the shitty season 4, I could only watch upto Season 3
>>
>>82029854
dude, I'd rather have cobalt blue than Mr. fucking "I'm obsessed with speed and power and also hunter zolomon references lol"
>>
>>82030756

Don't forget the effects or lack thereof.

Barry averted a fucking tidal wave that would destroy the city and Joe getting hurt.

>No problems. Everything is fine.

Barry uses time travel in a much less egregious way.

>Cisco is fading in and out of existence, everything seems terrible.
>>
>>82030767
I still watch it, but only because I don't have much to do at work, and I've already invested too much time in it.

But I would still very much like to know why people praise it so much. Is it because it's the wackiest capeshow right now? Because even that's not true, considering LoT exists.
>>
>>82030653
Gotham S2 has an actual plot direction, great characters and villains, good dark humor, no garbage CW relationship drama shoved in, and good cliffhangers without having the main character gain powers only to lose them in the same episode.
Don't know where the fuck you think there's asspulls, bad motivations, and ignored blatent solutions.
Also fuck off about your lore shit, batman without batman is the best breath of fresh air for the IP, it's nice to get have people have to deal with Riddler, penquin, strange, etc without bat bullshit asspulls.
>>
What has Caitlin done this season other then fall in love with Jay?
>>
>>82030777
It's not a reboot, it's a sequel series.
>>
>>82030789
Cisco wasn't from a barry time travel. It was from an Eobard not being able to return to his home planet
>>
>>82030805
Make me embrace her sweet death. But aside from that, absolutely fucking nothing. The only characters that even matter this season are Barry, Vibe, Wells2, Zoom in all forms, and Joe. Everyone else could be written out and the vast majority of the show remains the same
>>
>>82030692
Nah, it's good since long ago.

Flash is just suffering the CW curse. It was inevitable.
>>
>HAVE STAR LABS
>HAS MY SUIT AND SHIT
>BUNCH OF FOOTAGE CLEARLY SHOWING THAT I'M THE FLASH
>WHERE MY LOVED ONES SPEND A LOT OF THEIR TIME
>VERY IMPORTANT RESEARCH AND DANGEROUS TECHNOLOGY
>THERE AIN'T EVEN A LOCK ON THAT SHIT
>>
>>82024969
I guess I am gonna pick up gotham after I had dropped it after episode 5
>>
>>82030653
Okay faggot, explain how you could possibly think all those retarded things about Gotham but somehow love flash?
Every issue you listed is a thousand times worse in the CW shit. Is Gotham has asspulls, then LoT, Arrow, and Flash have fucking douche pulling typhoons.
>>
>>82030858
All of this is solved by giving him a fancy studio apartment he can't possibly afford, and having him room with Cisco. Fuck, just redesign the damn workplace like you did when you wanted to imply that Eddie and Iris were doing the horizontal monster mash
>>
Barry giving up his speed has gotta be a trick... right? I kept waiting for them to reveal that it was, but it never happened. Next episode, r-right guys? The writers can't be that hopeless.

It's the perfect opportunity to just give Zoom some poison, or anti-speedforce or some other bullshit. It would be too retarded to just sit around after getting Wally back then handing over Barry's speed. There's gotta be some other plan.

But then what the fuck was with that conversation between Barry and Joe? "Barry I know you can't give up your speed just to save Wally" "Sure I can, buddy! Wally's family! Let's doom the planet to save this kid!"

No talk of any alternate plans, just "yeah, let's do this hostage thing, I'm sure everything will be fine".

Also, I'm sick of Barry letting his bad guys RUN away from him. It's always stupid, but Barry was literally just racing Zoom and proved he could easily catch up to the guy if he runs away... but then he runs away.
>>
>We could've had evil FemFlash Patty
>Instead we got Professor Swerve, the Reverse Logic
>>
>People forgot that Barry Jobs whenever the script calls for it
>>
>>82030858
I like to imagine there's an ex-con who lives in their dumpsters and bypasses the security for people in exchange for money and food. the lab members have no idea he's there but everyone else is on a first-name basis with him
>>
>>82030692
>The only upside is the stealth cancellation of the Inhumans movie.

Never watched AOS, what happened?
>>
>>82030887
dude. I gave up on this series a long time ago. People just walk the fuck into star labs. Barry, in all his super speed enamored glory, just stares at some shit while his villains waltz the fuck out of the room. I wouldn't be surprised if after this Barry legit gives up his speed and the writers go
>well we were trying to allude to the comics, Barry is honorable and good to a fault
and every one's gonna be like FUCK YOU DUDE ZOOM IS A MURDERER
and they're just gonna shrug and talk about Iris.
>>
>>82030799
>Great characters and villains
Like Hugo Strange, the most obvious villain in the history of villaindom? Like Barbara Gordon, who I don't even know how to describe at this point? Like Matches Malone, who was a veteran assassin, but suddenly grew a conscience because OH NO A KID? I could go on. Like the proto-Joker? Etc.

>good dark humor
Humor? Where?

>no garbage CW relationship drama
True.

>good cliffhangers
What. You mean like AZRAAEEELLL?

>without having the main character gain powers only to lose them in the same episode
I realize you're trying to compare it to something to make it seem better, but "It's not a steaming pile of shit" isn't a positive.

>asspulls
Azrael, Butch's mindwipe, Butch's recovery, Penguin's father showing up, Penguin's father deciding to take a drink this one exact time, Fries becoming Freeze because LOLEXPOSURE TO CHEMICALS, etc.

>bad motivations
Riddler for framing Jim. Fries for doing whatever he's doing now. Strange for whatever the fuck he's trying to do. Barbara being LOLINSANE, etc.

>ignored blatent solutions
Shoot people. Fucking shoot them. You're a cop. Someone is trying to throw something at you - shoot them. Someone's doing something bad while wearing full body armor? Shoot them in the head. This happens pretty much every episode for every villain.

>Also fuck off about your lore shit
Fair enough, I agree, alternate interpretations should happen. As long as they're good.
>>
>>82030919
Inhumans movie keeps getting delayed and there is more stuff about Inhumans on AOS.
>>
Lets be honest the Flash and Arrow would be much better if it had shorter seasons and on another network.
>>
>>82030917
I like to imagine the writers for arrow and flash still gave a fuck

I like to pretend they actually put complex thought in because they love the character and that they don't just devise one good villain and then let everything fall to shit because they've already baited and switched their viewers

and sometimes I just like to imagine I could sleep forever, anon.
>>
>>82030799
Oh, I forgot

>Gotham S2 has an actual plot direction
What plot? It's a complete mess right now. Penguin's fucking off doing his own thing. Riddler subplot was tied up in like 4 episodes, suddenly Barbara, Strange is doing stupid shit for no apparent reason.

The only kinda-sortta plot that makes sense right now is Bruce's stuff. And he's a side character.
>>
>>82030685
Also Iris still has feelings for Barry
>>
>>82030616
It works in 4 dimensions?
Cant really wrap my head around it atm, might try mapping it out later.
However in my mind it works like this:

When a speedster travels back in time and diverts the timeline, the timeline from his perspective would still be A and the divergent/dead timeline would then be A1. If he goes back in time again to a new point in his timeline the would create a new divergent/dead timeline: A2.
Now lets say the speedster has done this 10 times and we have the main timeline A and dead-timelines A1 to A10.

Now however the speedster travels back to A3 and changes something and the flow directs back into the dead A3 timeline.
This means that this timeline is now effectively A and any alterations to this timeline would be designated A3.n.
Naturally as there are multiple earths with multiple speedsters the actual coordinates would be unfathomably complex, making actual travel between these timelines virtually complex thereby rendering the earlier timelines unreachable and as such safe eating for the wraiths.
>>
>>82028196
\m/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maBqHjis_cM
>>
>>82031104
I'm not sure if you're trying to use my terminology with A# but to clarify in the original comment I meant:

A, B, C, D, E, etc are timelines, and
1, 2, 3, 4, etc are points in time. So A1 through infinity (as well as A0, A-1, etc) are all points in time in the same timeline, however A1 is different from B1 because while in both of them it's say 5:37, August 3rd 1985 (1 being that date) they are separate timelines.

As for what you're saying:
Assuming that by going back in time, you can go to a different timeline all together, you still have to consider this from what I'm getting:

>Dawn of the Speedforce, no speedsters yet, exactly one timeline, call it A.
>Some speedster goes back in time, diverges the flow of time from A, into a new timeline which we call B
>Wraiths show up to start feeding off of the dead A timeline
>Whole lot of cosmic fuckery happens and there are tons and tons of alternate timelines, the current one being say (to keep it simple) timeline D.
>Since every timeline was created by diverting the same "stream" of time from A, there cannot be more than one active timeline, every other timeline is effectively dead, they're not getting anything from the main stream
>If a speedster in timeline D then goes back, and somehow re-directs the flow of time into A, all that will accomplish, is instead of leaving A dead, will make D dead instead.
>D and A can't be the active, linear timeline at the same "time", so the Speedster isn't really getting rid of the Time Wraiths' foodsource, he's just moving it away, turning a different timeline into the food source.

And that's not mentioning that in this scenario, it's still speedsters who create the wraiths' food source, so it's a "don't bite the hand that feeds" kind of situation.
>>
>>82030943
>matches malone
>veteran assassin
>"suddenly" grew a conscience
>SUDDENLY

It's like you have no concept of how people act at all. Autism, anon?

>just shoot people!

You mean like Gotham does all the time?

>no motivations!

Ah, ok, you haven't watched it after all. You've just read the talkback threads and are bitching, because it's better than Flash.

Carry on.
>>
>>82030756
Speed Force man. SPEED FORCE! The Speed Force basically is as plot demands. If he can travel through time and other worlds, all the time just by going fast then it'd be like LoT.
>>
>>82030919
Inhumans was delayed again and the hot rumor it is because of the Studios/TV feud since it was a pet project of Perlmutter.
>>
>Implying Zoom isn't the timeline remnant.
>>
>>82031216
>literally not addressing anything

>It's like you have no concept of how people act at all.
Yeah, hired assassins grow consciences all the time in the real world, don't they? Oh wait, no. People who kill other people for a living are psychopaths, and psychopaths' defining characteristic is that they have no empathy.

>You mean like Gotham does all the time?
You mean like how Jim was shooting at Freeze for 5 minutes and never managed to hit his completely exposed head? Yeah, lots of guns go off in Gotham. 99% of bullets, however, end up in the floor, walls, random tables, doors and body armor. The only time a villain gets shot and killed is after the good guys have had a hundred better chances to kill them, but didn't because ______, or couldn't because they suddenly forgot how to aim a gun.

>Ah, ok, you haven't watched it after all. You've just read the talkback threads and are bitching, because it's better than Flash.
>Literally 'no u'.
I do watch the series, and you would realize that from all of the specific examples I gave - none of which you even attempted to address.
>>
>>82023430
He did say serial killers are dime a dozen on his world so he was more like a podcast than actual breaking news. Earth-2 seems to be stuck in the past, yet has technology more advanced. Like retro-future type vibe, but more sinister.

I wonder what was the War of the Americas.
>>
>>82031281
>He did say serial killers are dime a dozen on his world
He literally said the opposite. He said "serial killers are an anomaly on my world" and explained that that's the reason Zolomon was given so much attention. Because shit like that just doesn't happen on their world.
>>
>>82031304
Really? Shit must've heard it wrong. I know he said something about it being like a podcast.
>>
>>82031324
He said "There was a podcast". Presumably a really popular podcast that specifically dealt entirely with Zolomon.

It was kind of a weird line.
>>
>>82030785
It's the previously-unknown-evil-twin concept that makes him so stupid.
>>
>>82031350
They could make him Eddie's previously unknown evil twin instead and it would work quite well.
>>
>>82023658
CW E.S.K.E.M
>>
>>82031262
>people who kill other people for a living are psychopaths

Clearly, the showrunners don't share your idiotic preconceptions about reality and neither do most people. Humour me and call a soldier a "psychopath" because he "kills people for a living".

Also, it's hilarious how you're complaining about gun accuracy and then whine about realism. Landing a headshot is a lot harder than you might think. That's why automatic weapons are a thing, yanno?

>muh examples!

I addressed all of them. The series doesn't cater to your flawed perception of how the world works. Wait ten years, shoot a gun sometime, talk to someone who's actually killed and watch it again.
>>
>>82022467
>FINALLY REVEAL STORY BEHIND ZOOM
>HE'S JUST A RUN OF THE MILL SERIAL KILLER WITH A FUCKED UP CHILDHOOD

Wow, they fucked that up pretty hard. Comic Zoom is crying
>>
>>82031427
>Humour me and call a soldier a "psychopath" because he "kills people for a living".
Way to completely misrepresent what I said. I'm obviously not talking about soldiers, you moron. I'm talking about a hired assassin who knowingly and willingly kills innocent people for money. Do you really not see the difference? If not, I hope you own a fedora so you can signal to your kin.

>Landing a headshot is a lot harder than you might think.
Watch the scene with Freeze from last episode again. Yes, I'm sure the veteran cop standing 5 meters away from the hunched-over-in-pain lunatic, shooting at him for 2 minutes non-stop, can't hit his completely exposed head.

>I addressed all of them.
You addressed none of them. What you addressed was my overall point, acting like I didn't give specific examples, of which I gave a rather large list, despite it being completely off the top of my head.

>The series doesn't cater to your flawed perception of how the world works. Wait ten years, shoot a gun sometime, talk to someone who's actually killed and watch it again.
Are you really going to continue this ridiculous conflation of solder and hired assassin? Soldiers don't grow consciences after war. They become traumatized BECAUSE they did awful things, knowing they were awful, but had no choice in the matter. A hired assassin chooses of their own free will to go and murder innocents in cold blood. Then they choose to do it again, now having experienced what it is to kill an innocent.
>>
>>82031383
I'd just rather they avoid secret evil twins entirely. I wouldn't mind if they made Cobalt Blue have a different identity.
>>
Zoom is either lying about time-traveling or the writing is just atrocious.

If he can time travel at will then why give a single fuck about the fact the breaches are closed. There is a time period in the recent past where that was not true.

It's evident he could not give less of a shit about paradoxes because he allegedly killed himself. The only way that would make sense is if it was a future version of himself instead of a past one.

Even if he did care about paradoxes he could go back to when the breaches were open, hop over to Earth-1 and then travel forward until the breaches were closed.

So he is either full of shit or the writing is just terrible.
>>
I'm kind of confused honestly. Zoom was the Jay that has been in star labs this whole time? I thought it was time remnant hay the whole time but then Caitlin talks about their conversations.

If this is true how did zoom and jay ever show up on earth 1 at the same time

Also my friend had a theory about who zoom was that was more interesting than what they went with
>>
>>82031262
>People who kill other people for a living are psychopaths
I'm not him, but you're absolutely fucking retarded.

Many real-life hired killers started out as either poor as hell guys who needed money for something and didn't have much skill to get a job/had circumstances that didn't allow them to get a job, ordinary guys who got involved with wrong people or both. I'm not excusing or defending them, but stop thinking they're all sociopaths who like killing people.
>>
>>82025979
Masked man had better be fucking White Wally from Earth 3 or something
>>
>>82031507
It's funny how you think Matches Malone had a choice in the matter himself. Don't toss about the fedora if you're wearing one, retard.
>>
>>82029902
nah, at worst they will be back after a few eps have passed. prison break will undoubtedly wrap up by the end of summer and the new seasons begin production in july.
>>
>>82031586
Citation fucking needed. PTSD isn't something soldiers get because of what happens to them, it's something they get because of what they do and what they see. Soldiers have absolute mental breakdowns due to the fact that they are murdering people, and watching people around them die. People who are either trying to kill them themselves, or people who they know have willingly signed up and know the risks.

And now you're telling me that many hired killers can stand to kill complete innocents over and over and not go catatonic from the experience? Bull. Fucking. Shit. Your conscience and your empathy isn't optional, and they will completely fuck up your mind if you do bad shit.

The only people that doesn't apply to are psychopaths and sociopaths, or people close enough to those definitions that their empathy isn't strong enough.

Even if we assume you're right, what possible sense does it make that the more innocents you kill, the stronger your conscience becomes? If anything, doing evil shit will erode your empathy, not fucking strengthen it.
>>
>>82031583
Zoom & Jay Garrick are same person, but not from same timeline. Remember how Barry knocked himself out from a past timeline? Then they met one another when Past!Barry woke up? That's kinda what happened, Future!Hunter/Zoom travelled back in time and met with Past!Jay and played the role of Hero/Villain. I presumed they switched every now and then, or that Jay informed Zoom of everything once in awhile.
>>
>>82031433
If only he was at least a believable serial killer, and not someone impossible to take seriously

>I GAVE THEM HOPE TO CRUSH IT
This is some saturday morning cartoon shit. Thawne may have been a petty fuck, but at least he knew the line between believable and cartoonish.
>>
>>82031658
I understand all that but I guess I wanted concrete description of who was the jay at star labs at what times. Guess I'll never get such an answer
>>
>>82031657
This entire post is a concise, epic summary of why "you're retarded, learn something about how people work" is the only valid reply to everything you've posted so far.
>>
>>82031691
They're the same person so it could've been Zoom or Jay. I wonder though how they got on the rooftop and why were they fighting? Was it a show for Earth 2, or did Zoom know this would happen?

I want Eobard/Reverse Flash to show up again and lamiant on how weak Barry is and then give him something to get his speed back. Eobard knows about Zoom/Jay, was this because he experienced it or read it?
>>
>>82031725
>Literally going "Educate yourself"
Well played, anon. Your bait was excellent.
>>
>>82022795
super girls show infects everyone on it with stupid.

its why a speech about hope somehow foils all villain plots.
>>
>>82031657
>Citation fucking needed
I'm sorry, my dear, uncuddled by poverty, American. The only examples I know of are in Russian.

>Bull. Fucking. Shit. Your conscience and your empathy isn't optional, and they will completely fuck up your mind if you do bad shit.
You underestimate human's capacity to lie to themselves and justify their deeds to feel better, even when they know they're wrong.

>If anything, doing evil shit will erode your empathy, not fucking strengthen it.
OR, as an alternative, will add up to guilt you're trying to suppress culminating in what happened to Malone.
>>
>>82023058
I really think it was a complication because they both betrayed each other. His time-remnant decided fuck the other guy and helped them close all the breaches so he could be a hero or just have Earth-1 all to himself. There is no way Zoloman would let himself be killed.

One Zoom was planning on killing the other and the other Zoom was planning on locking the other out.

They fucked each other over. Zoom just pretended it was all planned to scare them.
>>
>>82031811
>I'm sorry, my dear, uncuddled by poverty, American. The only examples I know of are in Russian.
I'm Bulgarian.

And I love how you zeroed in on ONE example out of like 20 I gave. Okay. I'll give it to you. Malone's character was great.

Now please try to address my Freeze issue. Or any of the other examples I gave.
>>
>>82031816
That seems more likely. They're both the same person, and Zoom doesn't seem like the type that would just let himself be killed. On the otherhand he's a master manipulator, who casually lies even when he doesn't need to.
>>
I'm still angry.
This is the first episode that was really bad and it was an important plot point episode so it matters that it was bad.
>>
>>82029826
im hoping in the later episodes its revealed that everything zoom said was a lie in order for the writers to throw us off cus his stories clearly arent adding up
>>
>>82031850
>out of like 20 I gave
Where?

Here's your example: Vasily Silushin, an Afghan war vet who got out of the poverty, tried to start a business in Moscow and got involved with some shitty people. Frankly he wasn't a PROFESSIONAL killer, but that's a precedent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJpFWaBHdtk&index=39&list=PLGl9YHjmm7YcDVOkd4RLqPTnG2DfyJzk3
No idea if there are English or Bulgarian subtitles anywhere.

>Now please try to address my Freeze issue. Or any of the other examples I gave.
Why should I? I was calling you out on the retardation of your "all hired killers have no conscience" statement.
>>
>>82032019
Matches wasn't a "professional" killer in that sense either. Watching the scene, he was pretty much just a bum desperate for a better life.

As for the rest of his statements, if he took five fucking seconds to google some statistics of "shots fired" vs "shots hit target" in gunfights, I daresay he'd be in for an unpleasant surprise. Real life isn't a pro-gamer's Call of Duty run.
>>
>>82023102
Zoom is the Earth 2 Flash. He is the complete opposite of Barry.

>father is a horrible man
>killed his mother
>was raised without family or friends
>>
>>82031427

If you lump hitmen and soldiers into the same group, you're an insult to intelligence.
>>
>>82032019
Here: >>82030943

>>82032134
>Matches wasn't a "professional" killer in that sense either.
I hate to be the 'logical fallacy' guy, but that's a textbook 'no true scotsman' fallacy. He was a career criminal whose primary job description was killing people, how is that not a professional killer?

>As for the rest of his statements, if he took five fucking seconds to google some statistics of "shots fired" vs "shots hit target" in gunfights, I daresay he'd be in for an unpleasant surprise. Real life isn't a pro-gamer's Call of Duty run.
Five meters away. Shooting at him for 2 minutes straight. FIVE. METERS. AWAY. Freeze was ON HIS KNEES. And he kept SHOOTING AND SHOOTING.

Fuck off, your bait is getting stale at this point.
>>
didn't Darry or Jessie say that the code the man in the iron mask was using was a POW code?

Is the man in the iron mask Hunter's father?
>>
>>82029473
You know you've fucked up when you're doing the Kingdom Hearts plot in an even more confusing way
>>
The issue seems to be that the writers on Flash and Arrow don't seem to have an idea of what season-long story they want to tell anymore, as epitomized by the fact that the Arrow writers apparently hadn't decided who was in the grave (Which is probably bullshit).

Flash had a good first season, because they clearly knew what story they wanted to tell. Season 2 just seems to bunch of references to old stuff without being able to fit them into an appropriate context. "Oh hey you seen that cover with Jay and Barry right? Boom here it is. Hey guess what's next, lol it's fucking King Shark!"

Arrow was much the same way. They probably knew what there were going to do with Deathstroke before they even started season 1, whilst they've clearly had no idea what to do with either the league or Hive.

I guess the main problem is them being too focused on 'fans' than on actually writing a good storyline. The Flash fans loved all the homages to comics, whilst Arrow fans raved about Olicity, so that's all they'll give us.
>>
>>82032174
You'd have a point if you were talking about cops. Unfortunately, we're not comparing cops and hitmen, we're comparing "poor schmucks who were handed a gun and told to kill that guy". Not every soldier is a hero and not every hitman is a psychopath. Most of them are just normal people in a violent situation and on that basis, they are 100% comparable.

>>82032192
>waaa, bait, waaa

Cry me a river, pissant. You're equating one scene as the norm for the entire series. You're also not taking into account the many, many IRL cases where exactly that has happened. Reasons being adrenaline, panic, fear, subconscious inhibitions vs. killing etc. etc.

As for your "fallacy", you're flip-flopping on your own use and definition of professional. It's amusing. Please continue.
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (206KB, 700x469px)
Seriously.jpg
206KB, 700x469px
>>82032399
>this whole post
>>
>>82026493
He's right guys.
All will be well.
>>
>>82030946
this is true, I don't think the writing for this episode would've been as shitty if there weren't still 5 episodes left.
>>
>>82030805
Created Velocity 9.
>>
Can I chime in here and say that electroshock therapy is no longer done this way? I mean if this was the 20's or something sure but I guess you can argue Earth 2 or whatever. Shock therapy today requires sedatives and muscle relaxants, because otherwise the electrical current will severely damage the patient due to the convulsions and seizures.
>>
>>82032702
>>82030946
I don't understand why more 20+ episode shows don't split their seasons in half like, say, Once Upon A Time. They air one half, have a month or more of hiatus, then air the other half, with each having its own story and feeling like its own season.
>>
>>82031427
>Landing a headshot is a lot harder than you might think. That's why automatic weapons are a thing, yanno?
Nigger you what? Automatic weapons are for suppression, not accuracy. If you want accuracy, semi-auto/single-shot is the way to go.
>>
who is the current Flash in the comics right now

Barry, Wally, Bart, etc
>>
>>82032770
Same, there would be way less filler if they'd tighten things up and just have shorter seasons. It'd also make more sense to just have one big break instead of multiple random ones throughout.
>>
Aight lets list the plot holes this episode:
>Barry jumps through a dimension at the start, then begins to ponder "how do you jump through dimensions for the next quarter of an hour
>How Zoom got a Time Remnant without changing the timeline isn't really explained. It made sense for Eobard because he was literally erased from time at a certain point in time.
>Zoom jumps back to Earth 2 by himself despite needing Cisco to come over in the first place
>Zooms plan made no goddamn sense. Instead of this whole charade, why not just kidnap Joe and Iris as soon as he learned who Barry was as "Jay".
>Gee lets give up our only hope of defeating this homicidal maniac and increase his powers, surely after that he'll let us go
>The homicidal maniac actually lets them go. Even Cisco, a guy who he knows has the potential to fuck him up
>Zoom is alone, Wally is safe, they have the faster Speedster, they have a fuckload of guns, and they don't just... take down Zoom?
>>
>>82033064
Yeah. I love Flash but this has to be the worst episode of the season. If Barry could kick his ass as we saw, why didn't he just fuck Zoom up?
>>
>>82031594

>Muh white wally
>>
Biggest complaint is that they went with a speedster for Season 2. Should've changed the pace from season one and done Rogues shenanigans. Or at least you should've made someone who actually had an axe to grind like Patty instead of Zolomon and his "muh speed"
>>
File: Barrylicious.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Barrylicious.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>82033130
Zoom clearly showed that he could get out of the trap easily. Whatever the 'darkness' is something he can tap into (or it just consumes him) and powers him up faster than Barry can at this point.
>>
>>82029902
>He and Mick's actors got cast in the Prison Break reboot

How can they get cast in it when they're both the lead actors carrying the show?
>>
>>82033160
It's his ult it lasts 50 seconds and at level 16 only has a 30 second downtime.
>>
>>82033142

You wanted a season long version of Patty's story? She would have been shoved down our throats so hard for her, "help me find my dads killer" story.
>>
File: GetImage?id=O3S5nBu.jpg (322KB, 1500x1010px) Image search: [Google]
GetImage?id=O3S5nBu.jpg
322KB, 1500x1010px
>>82033233
It does two things
1. Does better than Teddy Sears
2. It gives me more of this
>>
Do any of you change up the intro? I usually go with

>>My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive and you can't teach that

or

>>My name is Barry Allen and I'm a man destined to be king
>>
How did Zoom get back to earth 2 without Cisco's help
>>
>>82032835
Barry
>>
>>82033270
The wall between realities was weakest at the hospital. Cisco merely opened up the tear, it will remain open until STAR Labs decides to close it again
>>
>>82022840
Hold me.
>>
>>82033332
No it closes when Cisco goes away go rewatch.
>>
>>82033149
>NOTHING AT ALL
>NOTHING AT ALL
>NOTHING AT ALL
>>
>>82033259
AND THIS RIGHT HERE, THIS IS BIIG VIBE. AND HE CAN OPEN PORTALS TO OTHER WORLDS.

AND YOU CAN'T. TEACH. THAT.
>>
>>82033494
It shrinks just like all the ones before it once someone came through. It is not closed, it's just dormant.
>>
>>82033533

BADABOOM REALEST HERO IN THE ROOM

HOW YA DOIN
>>
>>82025144
Yeah what the fuck was that? Are eyes turning black and being voiced by a black guy just speed force shenanigans?
>>
>>82033571
That was weird. There's something more to Zoom we're not being told is my guess.
>>
>>82031538
If a supervillain serial killer could time travel you'd think they would just fuck shit up without thinking about the consequences.
>>
>>82033571
>>82033637
>Its the anti monitor
>>
File: cisco.jpg (9KB, 236x221px)
cisco.jpg
9KB, 236x221px
>>82033557
Zoom, you think you can run roughshod through our city? Our Earth? Everybody here knows, there's only ONE WORD! TO DESCRIBE YOU!

AND I'M GONNA SPELL! IT! OUT FOR YA!

S!
A!
L!
O!
W!
>>
>>82033064
>Barry jumps through a dimension at the start, then begins to ponder "how do you jump through dimensions for the next quarter of an hour.

He wants to go to Earth 2, not some random Earth as he did when he crossed over to Earth-S.

>How Zoom got a Time Remnant without changing the timeline isn't really explained. It made sense for Eobard because he was literally erased from time at a certain point in time.

Eobard was erased because he was never born thanks to Eddie killing himself. That created a time paradox. However what Zoom did was kill a past self from a now defunct timeline. Zoom probably did changed the timeline for Earth-2.

>Zoom jumps back to Earth 2 by himself despite needing Cisco to come over in the first place.

Cisco opened the rift, they never closed it. They have to use the bombs to close them.

>Zooms plan made no goddamn sense. Instead of this whole charade, why not just kidnap Joe and Iris as soon as he learned who Barry was as "Jay".

He wanted his speed. However he also wanted to fatten his speed up like a Christmas goose. Plus Zoom can't steal Barry's speed himself he needed Wells-2 to do it. The charade was to keep tabs on Barry, and to guide him to the slaughterhouse.

>Gee lets give up our only hope of defeating this homicidal maniac and increase his powers, surely after that he'll let us go.

Rule of drama. It was stupid, but Barry can't crossover by himself. It would make sense for him to just defeat Zoom and rescue Wally himself. Barry was shown to be faster. However there's 5 episodes left, so they can't defeat the villain just yet. Hence rule of drama.

>>The homicidal maniac actually lets them go. Even Cisco, a guy who he knows has the potential to fuck him up.

He has some feelings for Catlyin. It's because she reminds him of his mother. She begged him to let Barry go, and he kidnapped her. The previews shows she's chained up to a bed.
>>
>>82033571
I'm sure it'll be mentioned. It's interesting to see if this is a side effect from Velocity 6 or something else. Maybe a tie in to Season 3?
>>
this show was very good once, what happened?
>>
>>82033890
It's still good. S1 had dull episodes. Plus there's two lead writers this season.
>>
>>82033917
>it's still good
"no"
>>
>>82033917
>It's still good.

>
>>
May 10th is when Kevin Smith directs his episode.
>>
>>82033130
Why didn't Barry just knock Zoom out when he had the chance?
Talk later when he's in a cell he can't phase through. Seriously, everything could've been avoided if Barry punched Zoom one too many times instead of talking.

And I find it funny Zoom cannot into speed mirage. Makes "Jay's" speech about Zoom being the fastest about as stupid and cute as a fat guy pretending to be a bodybuilder. I can't take him seriously anymore.
>>
In conclusion: after one bad episode, The Flash is finished. DC's tv is also done. Future is dark and scary, and no one will save us.
>>
>>82034162
yep
>>
>>82034153
He can't speed mirage between two worlds, you ape.
>>
>>82029329
My psycho husbando
>>
>>82034153

Yeah, I did not like Barry's cocky attitude after he takes him down. Though Barry's stupidity in this whole episode was absurd.
>>
>>82033917
>It's still good
Not it isn't. This whole season's ranged from meh to shit.
>>
File: 1460484503803.jpg (20KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1460484503803.jpg
20KB, 358x310px
>>82029048
>Wally YOU AIN'T MY DAD, YOU JUST LIVE WITH HIM every episode

kek'd too hard at this
>>
>>82022467
Im just hoping it was all a ruse and they gave Zoom Radical-9 instead.

>sees that Flash is still faster
>tries to go faster
>evaporates himself

perfect solution, no more Zoom
>>
>>82034185
Oh fuck, I need to listen more closely next time.
>>
>>82034199
sure, m8
>>
>>82022467
One thing that really stood out to me was that Zoom couldn't steal Barry's speed by himself like that badass fake flashback "Jay" told and instead we got that awkward fucking scene of them all just hanging out in the lab to transfer Barry's speed.
>>
>>82022467

When you nut but she still suckin
>>
>>82033805
Well Zoom, I don't know if the written promo had the balls to say this, But I, have two words for you

BARRY FREAKIN' ALLEN
>>
>>82034199
Come on man, while I'm not going to deny there have been many shit and meh episodes this season there have been some great ones, like Welcome to Earth-2, Family of Rogues, Enter Zoom's ending, Running to Stand Still and The Reverse Flash Returns.
>>
Instead of time remnant bs it should have just been earth 1 hunter that zoom recruited. That would explain why he was powerless.
>>
This episode shit all over Zoom, pretty disappointed desu.
>>
>>82034671

Triggered by cardboard cut-outs kek
>>
>>82034715
He is a crazy man with Daddy issues, it's the most generic boring shit I have seen for a long time. Even if the writers pull something out the bag now it's too late, they have wasted months of building up this figure of evil and fear only to make him "insane Jay on speed drugs".
>>
>>82034226

Definitely something similar to this. Still incredibly stupid. 5 episodes left? I missed the preview for next week, what was it?
>>
>>82035019
Depowered Flash fights Griffin, who took Wells hostage
>>
>>82035019
Barry trying to fight a meta without his powers. Looked pretty lame.
>>
>>82022795
Barry has always been retarded. The defining trait of a Berlanti show is that the heroes are ridiculously stupid. Oddly enough, Supergirl doesn't suffer from this that much.
>>
>>82035019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zq8iflTa4c
>>
>>82035089
>>82035090
>>82035124

Well that looks horrible.
>>
File: 1461118562882.png (133KB, 315x314px) Image search: [Google]
1461118562882.png
133KB, 315x314px
>>82034715
>>
File: 1449709975014.jpg (21KB, 576x432px)
1449709975014.jpg
21KB, 576x432px
>>82034715
>>82035232
>Zoom was caught because of high resolution cardboard cut-outs of his Mommy and Daddy
I'll never forget this.
>>
>>82034226
The writers are too stupid to pull some great keikaku shit like that, I fully expect it to be no ruse and Barry really was THAT stupid.
>>
File: 1353294605865.jpg (42KB, 658x540px) Image search: [Google]
1353294605865.jpg
42KB, 658x540px
>>82035392
>Finally catch Zoom off guard and slow him down
>Chat him up until he regains his speed instead of locking him up ASAP
>Later in the episode give him exactly what he wants even after he released Wally instead of taking him down again and be left literally powerless
This episode was just a series of stupid fucking shit.
>>
>>82035585

Arrow-esque
>>
>>82036321
you know...organic
>>
>>82022880
Is it Flash-dad as the first Flash?
The fact that they showed the old TV show in one of those flashforward sequences when Barry was running through time, still intrigues me.

Could just be a homage, but it could also hint at the man in the mask.
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.