[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ is in charge of making a Superman movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: austism.jpg (16KB, 282x262px) Image search: [Google]
austism.jpg
16KB, 282x262px
/co/ is in charge of making a Superman movie
>>
>>81999683
His power level would constantly change scene to scene we would be unable to decide what exactly kryptonite does to him and he would get with either all or none of his love interests.
>>
File: all star.jpg (473KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
all star.jpg
473KB, 1024x768px
No one else has posted in the thread so I do a three part adaption of All-Star Superman.
>>
>>81999683
Take the production money and run.
>>
First ten minutes of the movie is Zack Snyder being crucified in the desert.
>>
have this as the ending of a 2 part movie.
>>
I say go through the entirety of the character's life starting from the first publication of 1938 and build the world around the 1950's or so. Have the World's Finest, the Justice Society, etc. Why not push for the old renditions of these characters like Alan Scott or Jay Garrick?

Truth Justice and the way of the world or something like that. I feel like if DC gave its characters the "Kingdom Come" or "Marvels" treatment it might be a huge success.
>>
>>81999683
No origin story
Superman is a well established character
People cheer whenever they see him flying by
He does basic stuff like saving planes from falling out of the sky and rescuing kittens from trees for little boys and girls
A meteor is about to destroy a large part of the earth, Superman is contacted by what seems to be an early justice league, but the screen only shows audio, so we hear someone who could be batman, someone who could be wonder woman, and a few others who could be named later
He destroys it as much as he can, but there's still debris that wrecks a few places
Lois Lane, who superman stood up for a date, writes a report about how superman isn't the end all to crime
Lex steps up and introduces the dangerbots, robots that sort of police people and protect them from harm, uses Lane's article as sort of a reference/evidence for people to understand it with and accept it
Certain crimes keep happening and superman deduces that Lex is building something
He wants to destroy Superman once and for all
Superman has to fight a bunch of robots, and then fight Lex with his power armor, and then survive a giant blast from his new space weapon that he's been building with stolen parts
If superman moves then Metropolis would be destroyed
People chant superman's name and pray and wish for his luck, superman hears it all because he's superman
he survives and beats lex up and the movie ends with Lois apologizing, thinking superman is leaning in for a kiss, but then he jets off because the cat is stuck in the tree again

The mid credits scene is lex escaping and calling up his crime syndicate from his fancy get away car
>>
>>81999683
I would blatantly rip off Superman Secret Origin but with more action and rescue scenes..
>>
>>81999746
Didn't that have a ton of wacky stuff. It might be best as the last in a three parter, trimmed of some aspects. The superpower for a day for Lois sure but not the fighting Atlas and Samson.
>>
Superman lifts consecutively heavier things.
Basically the plot of Superman Returns.
>>
I want to say just remake Superman 3, but the only actor that they'd cast in Richard Pryor's role would be Kevin Hart because he's contractually obligated to be in 90% of all comedies with black people and I don't think I could handle that much disappointment.
>>
>>81999683
it'll be injustice. Injustice would make such an amazing movie. Actually a live action show on netflix
>>
File: ac_cv900_variant.jpg (416KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
ac_cv900_variant.jpg
416KB, 600x906px
I really want DC to hearken back to old school Superman. It's sad how they kinda curb stomped that mentality in Batman v Superman, when Perry White states "It's not 1938."
>>
Movie 1 is based around Superman still being Superman. he is adjusting to life in Metropolis, and rumors of a "Superman" are just starting up. Movie is largely Early Grant Morrison Action Comics. T shirt and Boots Superman, jumping around trying to get a big face to admit corruption charges and saving Kids from trains, or talking jumpers from their death and so on. Of course, you need a big bad so at some point you do the capture and escape scene, and he fights Metallo or Parasite(Take your pick, I'd prefer Parasite). At the very end of the movie he gains the ability of flight and flies off

Movie 2 would be the Brainiac story. A combination of both Johns and Morrison. Saves the world, restores metropolis, Sets up the Brainiac ship as his Fortress of Solitude, dad dies, everyone cries, Lex is madder than all hell.

Movie 3, stuff happens, ends with Kryptonite powered MechaLex and Supes duking it out or something I don't know this isn't my thing
>>
>>81999683
just a movie about how his way of doing things is tested. or maybe a movie about mexican zod superman's origin
>>
let's just make For All Seasons
>>
It'd be a trilogy, where each movie comes chronologically one after the other.

It starts with Kal El being sent to earth, and landing in 1920s Soviet territory. Play Red Son from there on out

Movie 2 starts on a dying earth, and Clark-Kent is sent to a distant planet called Krypton, where a loving, but infertile scientist couple raise him as Kal-El, and whatever else happens in that book

Movie 3 starts out with a dying Krypton, and the El family sends their son to Earth. He lands on the grounds of Wayne Manor, grows up, andbecomes the Bat man. then becomes the superman. I forget what happens in that book desu

Movie 4, and the final in the trilogy starts with an Old Man Superman quitting after Magog kills the Jokester. Then Kingdom come plays out

Movie 5 starts with Kal-El's ship lands in Metropolis, and the rest of the movie is him sitting in his cell for decades until three mysterious men(Two mysterious men and a robot?) free him, and he flies away
>>
Movie one is Superman some way in. He fights a, Villian that kills a bunch of people and has already escaped before. The movie then cuts to Lex Luthor the billionaire industrialist, who built his way up from being a poorfag. He on TV announces the end to the continued rampage of Villians by forming a super hero team, funded and supported by Lexcorp. Enter in Mancesher Black, and a few others plus maybe Lex in power armour. They hero around America, killing Villians while Superman is still just capturing them. They cross paths serval times with Superman having to save the supervillian from execution. Standard conflict over should I be killing. But then don't end it on a "Hey guys If I went bad wouldn't that be scary. Also I'am more powerful so My morals trump yours.
>>
>/co/ is in charge of making a Superman movie
Nooooo
Those faggots will fuck the whole thing up forever.
>>
>>82000334
This is what i want desu. He gets the suit as well at the end of the first movie right?
>>
>>82000833
Either at the very end of the first movie, or the very beginning of the second movie.
>>
File: 1429378152361.jpg (88KB, 597x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429378152361.jpg
88KB, 597x453px
>>82000777
Nice heavenly trips
>>
>>82000777
But really, how much worse can it be than what we have now?
>>
>>81999683
Young man Clark Kent, a hopeful and kind guy straight outta Smallville has just arrived in Metropolis. First few scenes show him being a nice guy, innocent, but nice.
He eventually sees a dark side to the world as he witnesses crime and poverty unlike what his mostly sheltered upbringing showed. He decides to help, people, but his personality as Superman is ultimately the same, a naive good guy just trying to do his best.
Eventually a villain (Luthor?) shows up that forces him to think a bit and shows him that ideals can be disturbed and corrupted (make Luthor a more or less sympathetic guy who thinks what he is doing is right, even if his means are evil, muddling the ground between the view clark had before and the darkness he is starting to know).
Clark's interactions with Luthor steel his code, making sure he will never do evil to achieve good. At the end he is less of a goofball than at the beginning, and one step closer to being a paragon, a hero.

Insert heart warming, lighthearted super moments. Maybe a few sad ones when he is starting to lose his innocence and gaining maturity.
Oh yeah and being a really caring guy he gives his all to try and save people, he thinks all life is sacred as that is the christian upbringing ma and pa kent gave him.
>>
I'd do it astroboy/ultraman style where superman is that kind of character. Either Parasite or Metallo would be main villains(parasite as a giant slime guy in this version and Metallo roughly the same, just bigger) with shadowing of A(Lex)is Luther, the man villain. Sort of a goofier campy Supes but with morality struggles of being superfuckinbig.
>>
>>82001168
Just read comics dude
>>
>>82001266
Why?
>>
>>82001168

Not bad. More like Superman than what Snyder has given us.
>>
>>81999683
Coming of Age film about the Legion of Superheroes showing a young Superboy how to use his powers properly. He finally gets real friends who understand him and has an all-around good time. He will be properly trained so in the next movie when a big bad (maybe Zod, Brainiac or both) show up he can find a proper solution by using his powers to their fullest extent.
>>
>>81999683
I would not do it, because superman is a lame character that onlycoasts on the fame garnered in the past
>>81999746
terrible
>>
SUPERMAN: BRAINIAC
We adapt the STAS origin with Brainiac being an AI that refuse to alert Kryptonians of the imminent destruction. Jor-El manages to send his son on Earth, the Kents rise him and try to teach him how to use his powers in the right way. Clark find a job at the Daily Planet and starts his career as Superman.
After a few years Brainiac with a big starship comes to Earth peacefully offering an exchange of knowledge. Lex Luthor understands that is a ruse, confronts Brainiac and makes him confess that his real purpose is to kill Superman. Lex is intrigued by this and the two make a deal.
Meanwhile Superman manages to infiltrate Braniac's ship( situated in the artic) because of his kryptonian DNA and learns about his foe's past and also of the city of Kandor( Clark will spea with the citieziens trapped inside).
Brainiac returns and finds a pissed off Superman, so the fight begins. Brainiac use the whole ship as his weapon, but Superman manages to defeat him, causing the ship to crash.
Superman destroys Brainiac main body, leaving only the head and try to get him to restore Kandor, the head says there is a way, but he needs to be connected to a specific part of the ship and when Superman does it, we learn that this was just an excuse: Braniac uploaded himself in a drone and manages to escape.
The story ends with Superman showing the world the Kandor still trapped in the bottle as a proof that Brainiac couldn't be trusted. The crashed ship becomes the Fortress of Solitude, while the Brainiac-drone goes to Lex to get help, promising to make him more powerful than Superman in exchange( this can be the post-credit scene, but I'm not too sure)
>>
File: 171527.jpg (264KB, 800x1191px) Image search: [Google]
171527.jpg
264KB, 800x1191px
I want a realistic down-to-earth movie that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots
>>
>>82001820
>Pleb detection 101
>>
File: AllStarSuperman.jpg (16KB, 202x278px) Image search: [Google]
AllStarSuperman.jpg
16KB, 202x278px
>>81999746
>>82000103
You do know that there was already an All-Star Superman movie, right?

And I personally didn't like it too much, even though I can understand why people might. The plot's kinda all over the place, there was a bit too much casual death/destruction compared to the comics, and it relies too much on the audience already knowing a fair amount about Superman. Still, it has some nice aspects - Clark and Lex talking together was pretty interesting.
>>
>>81999973
This is actually not bad
>>
>>82000071
Don't you mean Birthright, the superior origin?
>>
>>82001820
Thanks for your input.
>>
File: supersuit5_by_strib-d2nuiym.jpg (229KB, 1152x1728px) Image search: [Google]
supersuit5_by_strib-d2nuiym.jpg
229KB, 1152x1728px
>>81999683
An origins movie. It's a bit 'boring do it, but it's necessary for the establishment of clear rules.

First rule, Superman is still inexperienced to control his strength, and leads him to be terribly afraid to interact with other people. The clumsiness of Clark Kent come from here. The public must understand that Superman lives in a world of paper and super strength is not exactly a cool thing. The other powers are annoying too with a lot of side effects, this always to make clear which is not easy being Superman. It's one of the things that casual can not understand about him.

He can not fly yet, but he will fly at the end of the first movie to save someone. The time of his maturity

Second rule, he must have a reason to exist, he can not simply get to Metropolis and become their guardian. Metroplis must be a very important city of scientists who do experiments for the US government, the "City of Tomorrow."
A wonderful place, but dangerous. Superman is accepted only because the city needs a guardian to protect her from herself. Luthor is one of this freaked Scientists. A very Silver age idea.

Last thing, Zod has already been used, but I would not mind if was him to train Clark at first. Zod survived alone the destruction of Krypton and he wants Clark to help him take revenge.

He train Clark , maybe with some funny space exploration together. Soon Clark rejects the methods of Zod, especially realizing that he's not only wants revenge, but dominate the universe. Earth will be part of it because of the yellow sun, strategically important.

First movie is to be accepted in Metropolis, The second movie will be more "space opera" against Zod return.
>>
https://youtu.be/qPiQ-0n0Hy8

We copy this. Verbatim.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.