[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ZACK SNYDER TALKS FORMING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE; JABS AT CAPTAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 48

File: IvC.jpg (147KB, 1500x1047px) Image search: [Google]
IvC.jpg
147KB, 1500x1047px
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-talks-forming-justice-league-jabs-captain-america-hulk-marvel

>"Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way. And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs]."

>Snyder continues with mention of all the deaths in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (that some fans complained about), seemingly taking another swipe at Marvel by saying, "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."
>>
> "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool.
Well he's not wrong...
>>
>>81994508
the gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>81994508
He's not wrong though about that last part.
>>
>>81994525
Except that the whole boombing in BvS got completely forgotten and there were no consequences. Zack The Hack Snyder dose it again.
>>
>>81994508
>Talking about consequences being important
>While bringing a character back from the dead.
>>
>>81994508

BUT YOU BLANTANTLY SHOW THAT FUCKING SUPERMAN WILL COME BACK TO LIFE. YOU FLIPPED THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS ENDING.

FUCK YOU SNYDER. TAKE ALL YOUR JABS, DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT YOU ARE FUCKING HACK.
>>
>>81994508
He's not wrong because Civil War has no consequences despite the hype about things changing. Nobody dies, no characters develop and everything will be forgotten going forward
>>
>>81994570
What you expect from Zack "Superman is Jesus, did we mention that Superman's Jesus. Jesus Jesus JESUS!" Snyder.
>>
Not a huge fan of Zack but I feel like he needs a PR guy, whatever he says, it's going to get eaten alive so i wonder why he even bothers answering interviews.

I guess track record is everything. Samuel Jackson, Anthony Mackie have repeatedly joked about DC yet no one cares. But if a DC affiliate does the same about Marvel, they get roasted.
>>
>>81994556

>Lex alerted Apokolips to come over here
>>
>>81994547
Except he completely failed to sell it in his films.
>>
>>81994508
>>81994525
>>81994547
But see the thing is he did a shit job showing that in his own movie, and the MCU which he is more or less shit talking addresses that in Civil War which has unanimous praise from critics and others who have seen it. They all say Civil War addresses those issues better than BvS. Snyder has lofty goals, but at the end of the day he's not as intelligent or skilled as skilled of filmmaker as he thinks. So the end product that is intellectually empty and purely style over substance.
>>
>>81994606
>yet no one cares

Because then they'd have the burden of having to defend MAN OF STEEL.
>>
>>81994508
Znyder, pot calling the kettle black.
He is a very insecure fella, isn't he?
>>
>>81994618
Didn't Civil War have that one review that plummet the ratings from 100% to 94%?
>>
>>81994508
the comments on that article is so cancer my god. It's worst than comments on Facebook posts. It makes /co/ look like heaven.
>>
>>81994508
He fails to accomplish it in his movies correctly, but what he's saying is true, 78 deaths in avengers with no aftermath is stupid
>>
>>81994556
>Except that the whole boombing in BvS got completely forgotten and there were no consequences.
The bombing was the final push Bruce needed to go fight Clark, it's what lead to Clark leaving Metropolis, and then Clark died before people could do anything about it. Did you even watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>81994508
>seemingly taking another swipe at Marvel

Zacks a cunt but this is pure clickbait shenanigans
>>
File: exceed.jpg (130KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
exceed.jpg
130KB, 400x400px
Say whatever the hell you want about the Marvel movies. The villains are shitty, they're cliche as hell, a lot of them are overly quippy-

But at least the characters act like the fucking characters. Can't say the same for Hack Snyder.
>>
>>81994694
>But at least the characters act like the fucking characters

Except Iron Man
>>
>>81994693
personally i feel like it was a swipe to Star Wars because months ago he compared the deaths from the death star.
>>
>>81994680
Yeah i know what that scene was about in the movie. Still doesn't change the fact that is was glossed over and no consequences ever happened.
>>
File: what.jpg (69KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
69KB, 562x530px
>>81994732
>Hey guys, you know all the superhumans, who have done absolutely nothing but help everyone since literally forever? Yeah, I think they should be regulated like this is Nazi fucking Germany or some shit
>and the people that do this regulating? I think it should be the U.S. Government- AKA THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
>alien invasion
>giant death ships
>the attempted nuking of New York City
>the loss of a highly-advanced robotic suit into terrorist's hands
>the creation of Abomination
>and many more similarly wonderful events
>Please, pay no attention to the fact that this government just tried to murder a man without trial even though he was clearly fucking brainwashed, something that is common as FUCK in this universe, and had the backing of the world's most famous superhero
>Also pay no mind to the fact that we tried to murder this man for being an assassin- even though we have an equally notorious assassin on our own god damn team
>Actually, while we're on the topic of ignoring things: please ignore the fact that I brought what is CLEARLY A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD to help me fight a war, without thinking MAYBE this might not be a great idea, or, at the very least, consulting his legal guardian first
>And remember: Trust in the ME, the person who created an evil robot, causing the destruction of a massive city and the deaths of hundreds! And please, vote for me in the next election which will never happen BECAUSE I SAY SO

Nah he still seems like kind of a cunt to me.
>>
>>81994662
The website itself is cancer ridden monstrosity.
>>
>>81994508
He looks tired.
>>
>>81994758
>Still doesn't change the fact that is was glossed over and no consequences ever happened.
>List of the consequences
>There were no consequences
Okay
>>
>>81994508
> monstrosity comes out of ship that came for superman
> Does one of its Nuke bursts
> fucks up city
> superman dies stopping it
> give superman a soldiers funeral

The fucking thing wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him to begin with. Fucker even blew up the Senate because he was there and nobody shit on him for that either
>>
It's easy to avoid consequences when you have you characters go out of their way explicitly state that there are no civilians nearby before fighting.
>>
>>81994508
> "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool.
GOOD THING WE ARE IN THIS CONVENIENTLY INHABITED PART OF THE CITY FIGHTING AND DESTROYING EVERYTHING
Thanks Snyder
>>
>>81994902
>List
Batman getting pushed isn't a list. The bombing should have been news, it should have pushed the people to truly hate Superman. It should have been Luthor's true vindication but we don't get that. The bombing could have been anything. Hell it could have just been another mean check and it would have the same effect. The bombing is not mentioned after it happens and Bruce doesn't even bring it up so it's extremely questionable as to what kind of affect it's supposed to have other than on Bruce and if it was solely to just affect Bruce, it should have been something else more closer to him and not an explosion that killed a shit ton of people and a senator who we thought was kind of important up until then.

Hell did anybody remember the reason they were there in the first place, the wheelchair guy?
>>
>>81994964
Lex, how are you online?
>>
>>81994642
RIP Marvel.
>>
>When asked if he'd ever consider staring in a Zack Snyder film, RDJ replied with "No, I like making money."
>>
>>81994758
>Still doesn't change the fact that is was glossed over and no consequences ever happened.
Superman literally has a mental breakdown and people fully rejected him.
>>
>>81994999
>The bombing should have been news, it should have pushed the people to truly hate Superman.
The bombing was news, but why would they blame Superman when the very next scene is the news reporting Wally was the bomber?
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 814x742px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 814x742px
>>81994642
And the dude admitted he did it for the clicks.
>>
>Snyder continues with mention of all the deaths in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (that some fans complained about), seemingly taking another swipe at Marvel by saying, "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."
That would be a pretty nice jab if Superman stayed dead for the rest of the DC cinematic movies.
On the other hand speedy slav is pretty dead so what the fuck is Snyder babbling about.
>>
I'd buy this if I thought for a minute he was considering the consquences during the MoS finale fight and wasn't just jacking off to the visuals.
>>
File: Chris Evans RDJ.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Evans RDJ.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>81995006
>>
File: mahvel.jpg (71KB, 960x663px) Image search: [Google]
mahvel.jpg
71KB, 960x663px
This is just getting pathetic. It's like some kid in your neighborhood talking shit about you behind your back just after you whooped his ass in a fight. Zack, DC, you're still a distant 2nd, nothing has changed. The gap has arguably gotten larger. In cultural relevance, in quality, in money making.

Stop poking the bear and focus on fixing your own shit.
>>
>>81995059
Quicksilver was a supporting character and Superman is literally the big 2 of DC and founding member of Justice League.
>>
>>81994525

Good thing those areas were empty at night!!
>>
File: 1431043748277.png (395KB, 453x416px) Image search: [Google]
1431043748277.png
395KB, 453x416px
>>81994508
>"If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman

I fucking hate this mentality. "Hurr Superman should be in charge because he's the strongest.". Snyder doesn't know jack shit about Superman, Batman, or the DCU.
>>
File: ha.jpg (59KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
59KB, 540x405px
>>81995006
>>
Zack isn't supposed to be the Feige of the DCEU is he? Please tell me his not
>>
>>81995097
No, Snyder is just a Batman fanboy pretending to be unbiased regarding comparisons between Superman and Batman.
>>
>>81995097
i'm curious who you would put in charge of the JL.
>>
>>81994508

well, hes not wrong.
>>
>>81995101
More or less.
Feige focuses on overseeing the MCU, not directing the movies.
They put Snyder in charge of that because he's the one that started the whole thing and everything is being built according to his vision.
Problem is, you are stuck with that, because firing Snyder right now would be like removing the foundation blocks of a building that has just begun construction.

>>81995110
WB had a guy who could do the job easily, I always forget his name, but he was fired back when the CEO shitstorm at WB happened and is now working on Disney.
>>
>mfw I walked into Target and there were more Finn, Rey and Kylo Ren stuff then there was Batman and Superman stuff.

THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF 2016!
>>
Well. he's not wrong.
>>
>>81995101
According to Kevin Smith, Zack is DC's Feige.
>>
>>81995110
F Gary Gray.
>>
well hes not wrong
>>
>>81995146
Wew lad
>>
>>81995110
the comity/council of the original seven worked out pretty nicely. Maybe more or less members depending on how large the JL grows.
>>
>>81995055

What a cock.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>81994525
>and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool.
BUT YOU HAD MULTIPLE SCENES OF PEOPLE SAYING "PLACE THEY ARE FIGHTING IS ABANDONED". AND WE ALL KNOW SUPERMAN WILL COME BACK TO LIFE

IF YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT, STICK TO YOUR FUCKING GUNS
>>
>>81995000
I have a legit reason for hating this portrayal of superman and I lack a stutter
>>
>>81995140
>>81995153
Znyder, stop tapping the keyboard. Your autism is showing.
>>
>>81994508
He just can't help himself, he keeps making jabs at Marvel only to get BTFO every single time

>Snyder took a shot at the Marvel Universe in an interview with The Daily Beast. While addressing Steven Spielberg’s comments that “there will be a time when the superhero movie goes the way of the Western,” the filmmaker said Marvel heroes are a dime a dozen.

>“I feel like he’s right. But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman,” Snyder said while promoting Doritos’ final Super Bowl filmmaking contest. “They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

And then Ant-Man got better reviews that Batman v Superman. And a better audience reaction. And got better openings in several countries. And kept topping for several weeks while BvS declined. And got a sequel greenlit despite being a "flavor of the week" and not a "trascendent".
>>
>>81994508
>"Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."
Except there are none. Did Superman change after killing Zod? No. Will it be touched upon why Batman hasn't permanently dealt with his rogue gallery despite murdering people left and right in B v S? No.
>>
>>81995198
>claims to be a comic book fan
>thinks a movie about one of the founding members of the Avengers is weird
>>
You know, the worst part isn't even that Superman came back to life. It's that he came back to life in THE MOVIE WHERE HE DIED.

it wasn't even an hour before he came back!
>>
>>81995198
Does this mean that Snyder believes that Cyborg, Aquaman and Shazam are flavors of the week whose movies are doomed to fail?
Why is he in charge of DC movies again?
>>
>>81994556
And I'm willing to bet that Civil War will drop the civilians Death even faster.
>>
>>81995091
Yeah and he'll be back in the next movie so his death is completely meaningless. Fuck they couldn't even be bothered to pretend he was dead for the whole ending of BvS.
>>
>>81995229
Because nobody else will.
Think about it, who the hell wants to take charge of an entire cinematic universe that has had a luckwarm reception?
Nobody wants to do that, and Marvel should thank every day they have someone like Feige that does so, because if the entire thing colapses, is your fault too.
>>
>>81994606
>I guess track record is everything.

That's basically it, really. If someone who has made a good movie dealing with consequences talks about consequences, you go "fair enough".

If someone who has made a movie where a character literally gets Jesused back to life and the consequences for things are constantly glossed over up to an including bombing a fucking roomfull of politicians and where characters constantly take a moment to constantly point out "good luck this place is abandoned!", then you, generally, go "u havin' a giggle at my expense, m8?"
>>
File: toy funeral.jpg (252KB, 673x878px) Image search: [Google]
toy funeral.jpg
252KB, 673x878px
>>81995231
Reports were they added reshoots with something like this character. Guess we'll have to see for ourselves, not sure how modified it will be if the bombing incident is more a UN type meeting rather than the school, are kids usually around on such premises?
>>
One more to the list.
>Superheroes talking in costume for more than five lines is silly

>Superman is genetically predisposed to want to wear a cape

>A THOR MOVIE? IN THE CURRENT YEAR?

>Ant-Man is a flavor of the week, Superman and Batman are transcendent!

>The Galactic Empire caused a lot of destruction, then so can Superman.

>Batman of manslaughter.

>Nolan's Batman kills too and I have the youtube video that proves it.

>The popular notion that Batman doesn't kill comes from Tim Burton's movies.

>Batman totally killed people in The Dark Knight Returns

>There's no place for Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU, let's turn him into a CIA agent and shoot him in the head. Incidentally, book Black General, Asian Major and Indian Daily Planet assistant for my entire trilogy. Squeeze in a Not-Snowden cameo too.

>I don't even know what that thing with the Flash was all about, it just looked cool.

>B-but the Avengers destroyed their city too...

>The true Superman fans will like my movie, everyone else is too stupid to get them.
>>
File: 1459529221014.png (114KB, 333x344px) Image search: [Google]
1459529221014.png
114KB, 333x344px
>>81994508
>>
>>81995257
I heard that it's a woman blaming Tony for her son dying in Sokovia. Which is actually something that Tony is directly responsible for, so it makes more sense than Miriam Sharpe.
>>
>>81994694
>bome
>>
Why did the movie end with pretty much confirming Superman still being alive then?
>>
>>81995198
>And got better openings in several countries. And kept topping for several weeks while BvS declined
>Ant man: 519 million
>BvS: Soon 830 million
>>
>>81995270
That could work too, though I would think they would try to make her role similar.
>>
>>81995235
Superheroes never die in comics. And no one is dumb enough to believe Superman was going to permanently stay dead, just when the DCEU is about to enter into their 'phase 1.' It's like killing Iron Man in IM2 before the first Avengers movie.

Superman in Superman Returns also kinda dies but revives almost immediately.
>>
Is Snyder autistic?
>>
>>81995280
BvS made 9 million this week.
It's 4th week is the same as Zootopia's 6th.
>>
>>81995257
Yes I Heard that spoiler, to which I say bullshit because AoU Went to insulting lengths to show that the Avengers saved everyone.
>>
>>81995280
That's global box office, in some countries Ant-Man did better than BvS
>>
>>81995280
>Mfw Batman AND Superman combined can't double the take of a fucking Ant Man movie.
>>
>>81995299
To be fair, Falcon was also in the movie, and they had a versus fight.
>>
>>81995263
He said something else about Thor recently too. I can't find it though

What is his beef with Thor
>>
>>81995289
Yeah, but that's not fair. Zootopia is a fantastic film with a fantastic cast involving people like Ginnifer Goodwin, Idris Elba, JK Simmons and Jason Bateman. B v S is a movie with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot. It's not a fair comparison.
>>
>>81995055

This is why I don't take reviewers seriously.

He wants to be considered a professional reviewer, but gives something a shitty review just to get more hits; throwing his professionalism away in the process.
>>
>>81995317
He's a Jesus freak, what do you think?
>>
>>81995311
And Wonder Woman was in B v S and unlike Falcon was all over promotion for the movie. Evening it back out to pathetic that a Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman movie can't double the take of a Ant Man and Falcon movie.
>>
>>81995317
FALSE GOD
A
L
S
E

G
O
D
>>
>>81994508
>Superman can't be in charge! It has to be Batman! If Superman is in charge people might listen to him! I had to kill him so Batman could be in charge!
>>
>>81995299
They way you say it you make it sound like hitting the one billion mark is easy
>>81995293
Yes and?
>>
Snyder is human filth
>>
>>81994741
I like that quote because it shows he has no idea what the term "collateral damage" means.
>>
>>81995055
>perhaps you should have watched the film twice and reflect.
Salty
>>
>>81995333
While not in the trailers I suppose you could also count them trying to hype up Aquaman and sort of Flash.
>>
>>81995317
He thought it was ridiculous that Thor had a movie but Superman hadn't had one since 2006.
He's not wrong, but the way he said it sounded like he was dissing Thor.
>>
>>81995311
>Ant Man and Falcon
>Coming close to Superman, Batman, and Wonder Womyn
>>
>>81995285
Of course we know that but that shouldn't affect the events of the movie. At least comics will pretend a character is going to stay dead for a few issues after. We all know Supes would be back but it kills any emotion you might have felt in the movie when his death is almost immediately undone. If a film is good and engaging enough it can make you ignore outside influences, BvS didn't even bother to pretend Superman dying mattered.
>>
>>81995097
>"Hurr Superman should be in charge because he's the strongest.".
It's not that Superman is put in charge because he's the strongest. He's put in charge because he's a charismatic nice guy that inspires loyalty and leads by example.

Which makes Snyder's decision all the more befuddling. This Superman is none of those things, so he didn't really need to kill anyone in order to Batwank.
>>
>>81995091
You know, I have a funny feeling Quipslav had more lines than Murderman in BvS.
>>
>>81995343
Based on recent box office grosses, it's not as hard as it used to be. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Furious 7, Jurassic World, Avengers 2 and Minions all did it just last year. You're telling me Batman and Superman can't hang with Minions?
>>
>>81995008
>literally has a mental breakdown

... When? He barely emotes in the film
>>
>>81994606
Marvel guys get a pass because like it or not, the combined gross of the MCU is now over 9 billion dollars.
>>
>>81995292
They saved as many people as they could but a group of a few people could not have possibly saved and evacuated every citizen of a place that big. A few mother fuckers had to have slipped through the cracks.
>>
>>81995388
Yes because Minions had a marketing that can best be described as epidemic, and kids are more likley to flock to Minions instead of BvS.
>>
>>81995387
He probably had more lines with most of the main hero group that's for sure. I don't think Superman and Wonder Woman said one word to each other.
>>
>>81995403
>people still died in Sokovia
I guess dey din see dat komin'
>>
>>81995403
I'm still Calling this a retcon
>>
>>81994508
>Zack Snyder is a hack who makes everything about him
>he takes shots at the other company every chance he gets
Is he the Stan Lee of the DCCU?
>>
>>81995343
>They way you say it you make it sound like hitting the one billion mark is easy
It's getting more and more easy, especially thanks to the internet/hype age and the increasing price of tickets (especially with movies made in IMAX and 3D like BvS)

Like, if you check Wikipedia's page of highest grossing movies most of them came out in the last decade
>>
>>81995407
And the marketing for BvS wasn't crazy? It has had near Star Wars levels of presence in every store I've been to for months now.
>>
>>81995407
I'll give you the kids thing, although it's sad that Batman and Superman apparently have lost their hold with children. But marketing I cannot give you. Let's not act like every kids meal didn't come with a DC heroes toy or every Dr. Pepper didn't have Afflecks face plastered on it.
>>
>>81995422
Stan Lee and George Lucas, rolled into one.
>>
>>81995430
Yes but look at all the Movies last decade that didn't reach one billion. Only the Avengers Movies and Iron man 3 has reached one billion over at MCU.
>>
>>81995419
How is that a retcon?
They show the avengers aiding in the evacuation but at no point does anyone say "That's the last one! Everbody is of the island!"

And they could easily have said that too because they already laid the groundwork in that bit where Jarvis scans the construction site and says "No people here!"
>>
>>81995433
>>81995434
Do both of you live in the states? Because at least in this part of Europe marketing diden't show up until a week or so Before the Movie was out. Wherewas Minions had crazy worldwide marketing
>>
>>81995433
I had the exact opposite experience. There was a bunch of BvS stuff in every store I go to for sure, but no where near the amount Force Awakens had. Heck, my local Barnes and Nobles the day of B v S release had two tables devoted to BvS and 5 devoted to Force Awakens, almost 3 months after it's release.
>>
>>81995388
Star Wars is Star Wars. People will buy that even of it's crap. Case-in-point, TFA.

Furious 7 coasted on muh ded Paul Walker. Same reason TDK made more than it was projected to. Dead actor bump is real.

Jurassic World...we who could have seen that coming? And I'm guessing it also got a small Star Lord bump, not that it needed it.

AoU...duh. First one made over a billion. Same cast, same director, same shit, same profit (slightly less).

Minions was a worldwide phenomenon. Check the domestic for that versus the worldwide gross. It was marketed EVERYWHERE.

Hell, we're still waiting for Zootopia to make it and it's slowing down at 870mil, hpping to get that Japan boost next week.

A billion is pretty hard.
>>
>>81995317
I wonder how a Snyder movie of Thor would look like.
>>
File: Marvel wins.jpg (134KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel wins.jpg
134KB, 648x853px
>>81995434
>it's sad that Batman and Superman apparently have lost their hold with children
They have, DC has lost the hold it used to have on kids.
Marvel and Disney have their talons in them, kids these days know more about Marvel than about Wonder Woman or Green Lantern and will thus buy more merch.
>>
>>81995452
Yeah I'm in the US and just going by what I've seen BvS marketing was on the same level as Minions/Star Wars here.
>>
>>81995263
>Ant-Man is a flavor of the week, Superman and Batman are transcendent!

Not sure if talking about the movies, but Superman and Batman are over 75 years old, and they've both made cultural impacts and universally known.

>Nolan's Batman kills too and I have the youtube video that proves it.

Snyder is dumb. He should've just said that this Batman is more different than any other live action version, because it's an older Batman who's fought crime for 20 years. And something immensely tragic happened that changed him. Instead of pointing to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
and going 'look look, all these deaths that other Batman did.'

>There's no place for Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU
If that's the direction they wanna go, i think that's fine. Don't understand what all the fuss is about. Or maybe it was better to not kill Jimmy and save him later to be introduced in Man of Steel 2.
>>
>>81994508
>"Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way.
Hahahahaha! What an asshole!
>And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs].
Just give him a Legion arc then you dick.
>"Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."
Way to miss the point. You don't have to actually blow everything up. In fact superheroes main job is usually preventing shit from blowing up.
And yeah sometimes they fail and it's important, but you don't base all your shit on subverting the notion that Superman saves the day.
>>
>>81995443
And the last two Batman solo movies made more than a billion too

Again, you're saying there's nothing weird about a movie with Batman AND Superman AND Wonder Woman ALL TOGETHER struggling to reach those number, even with all the overpriced tickets and pre-orders (remember that one guy that alone basically spent more than one hundred bucks on the movie)?
>>
File: obamastarwars-163314.png (495KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
obamastarwars-163314.png
495KB, 655x315px
>>81995457
Shit, Obama allowed Disney to have stormtroopers in the Presidential press room the night of Force Awaken's release. He held a special viewing of the movie for his family and some soldiers families in the White House movie theatre. B V S didn't get such a lavish treatment, I doubt the president has even seen it.
>>
>>81995401
So if WB made forty superhero films that bombed like Green Lantern, they'd have the most successful franchise ever because of the combined gross? Get outta here.
>>
>>81995465
I blame the way they've been pushing for Jesus Superman ever since Returns. People like a relatable hero. That's why MCU Cap has supplanted Supes as THE AMERICAN HERO.
>>
>>81995465
The only time kids knew about Wonder Woman ro Green Lantern was when the Justice League cartoon was on tv
>>81995460
>People will buy that even of it's crap. Case-in-point, TFA.
Even better case and Point: The entire prequel triology.
>>81995468
Well it wasen't here I can tell you that much and even people in this thread reports mixed.
>>
>>81995436
shit, this never crossed my mind.
>>
>>81995403

Also several people probably died in the very begining of the disaster.

The little kid would've died had Hawkeye not noticed him, and Quicklsilver intervened.
>>
>>81995483
That's because Obama is a huge nerd that read the Conan comics not superhero stuff.
>>
>>81995188
The thing is at least they made that excuse, as well as a minimum of effort to minimize collateral.

Marvel doesn't do that. It had an alien invasion with less than a thousand casualties.
>>
>>81995465
It's such a weird thing to see. I remember as a kid everyone knew Spidey and the X-Men and nobody gave two fucks about the Avengers but everyone knew the Justice League even if only because of Super Friends reruns. Hell I only knew about Iron Man because my dad liked him. Now kids are running around with Cap shields and Iron Man helmets and even fucking GotG t-shirts while the first ever movie staring the DC Trinity is in one ear and out the other. It's crazy.
>>
>>81995480
The Dark Knight had dead actor pump, the darkn Knight rises had hype (and dare I say it Bane posting but I refuse belive that autistic crap helped the box office numbers).
>>
>>81995497
>The only time kids knew about Wonder Woman ro Green Lantern was when the Justice League cartoon was on tv
If only Cartoon Network wasn't ran by idiots. Because of them, this generation of kids isn't getting exposed to DC characters as much. Say what you will about Marvel cartoons, but they promote the brand really well.
>>
>>81995484
Sure, I'd like to see them try.
>>
>>81995523
They have Disney money to help their branding now
>>
>>81995460
I find it strange that we're pretending like Batman and Superman aren't the two biggest names in their genre.
Snyder had the golden goose of the genre before marketing even entered into the equation.
>>
>>81995343
>They way you say it you make it sound like hitting the one billion mark is easy
For Batman and Superman, it should be cake.

This isn't even going to beat The Dark Knight
>>
>>81995521
Yes but why the fuck would DKR have hype and not BvS? It doesn't make any goddamn logical sense no matter how you slice it.

>>81995523
Most kids are watching Youtube and Netflix primarily now anyway, if DC was smart they'd partner with a streaming service for their cartoons.
>>
>>81995434
>I'll give you the kids thing, although it's sad that Batman and Superman apparently have lost their hold with children

That honestly wouldn't surprise me considering the movie
My mom yesterday bought a BvS t-shirt to my 10yo brother. It was like all graffitis, posters and papers. When i gave it a look it was the edgiest shit ever

>Pictures of Batman with a skull-face and "DEMON" written on the forehead
>EARTH BELONGS TO HUMANS
>LUTHOR IS OUR SAVIOUR
>SUPERMAN DESTROYED METROPOLIS
>GOTHAM LIVES IN THE SHADOW OF THE BATMAN
>FALSE GOD
>Pictures of Supes with many X censoring his eyes, mouth and symbol

When i translated these things my mom said she would never consider to buy such a thing, if she knew
>>
>>81995505
Obama read Spider-Man though
>>
>>81995507
It's almost like they worked as a team to keep the focus on themselves and had the police help evacuate the area.
>>
>old news repackaged as clickbait companywars bullshit
fuck off
>>
>>81995497
TPM was excusable because it was the first after RotJ, high expectations (I guess like TFA).

AotC made significantly less than TPM. It was a hit, but nothing TFA level. RotS was supposed to be the "ending". So that got "the ending bump" same that Deathly Hallows and Mockingjay got. But all in all, they got comparatively the appropriate amount of money for their relative qualities.
>>
>>81995419
Please, point me out where it has said that they saved everyone?
>>
>>81995483
Maybe he didn't want to see it.
>>
>>81995545
WB has money too, they just refuse to use it well. Doesn't help that Time Warner is a clusterfuck where the different branches don't cooperate and actually compete against each other.
>>
File: Cyborg and Jinx.jpg (59KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg and Jinx.jpg
59KB, 960x540px
>>81995523
They're exposed to Teen Titans Go. One of the reasons why I think Cyborg if done correctly could outgross the likes of the Flash. They just have to make him the fun loving mechanic Cyborg and not Woe-Is-Me man.
>>
File: 2j3pls4.jpg (119KB, 960x722px) Image search: [Google]
2j3pls4.jpg
119KB, 960x722px
>>81995407
New Yorker here. BvS didn't shy on the marketing around here imo
>>
>>81995006
Yeah, I don't see anybody but Marvel/Disney agreeing to spent a considerable amount of the budget just on one actor.
>>
>>81995091
Then don't kill him.
Oh wait but then you can't get him "out of the way" so that Batman can be the uncontested leader of the JLA.
And Batman has to be the leader of the JLA because fuck Superman lol who likes that corny boyscout.
I'm mad and I'm not even a Superfag.
>>
>>81995550
DC does what Time Warner wants, and I doubt TR would be ok with that
>>
>>81995551
It's fucking stupid. I get wanting to take things in a serious direction but Snyder swerved so hard to the edgy side that it's become completely over the top. How many damn Jesus allegories does one movie about dudes in tights punching each other need?
>>
>>81995460
>A billion is pretty hard.

I can already guarantee you that Civil War is going to crack a billion easily.
>>
>>81995569
>and not Woe-Is-Me man.
In this universe? Good luck.
Shit we'll be lucky if it doesn't literally end up being Booyah Begins.
>>
>>81995575
They were wearing basketballs, not tights.
>>
>>81995547
I find it strange that we are pretending that a batman and superman movie is guaranteed to bring in billions. Remember normies don't look at superman the same way that comic readers do
>>
>>81995507
Because they had their heroes actively try to save as many innocents as possible while fighting the threat at hand. They always do that. Cap in Avengers 1, War Machine in Avengers 2, their whole jobs in battle were to protect civilians.
>>
>>81995460
I noticed you added Zootopia but not Frozne. You're really saying Batman and Superman can't compete with Frozen?
>>
>>81995575
I get the impression Lex was supposed to be the strawman atheist, angry and god/jesus/Superman for daddy issues or something.
>>
>>81995055
Someone should really report this faggot to Rotten Tomatoes. They have a criteria for critics which states:
>THE FINE PRINT

>Even if criteria under appropriate divisions are met, all applying critics and sources will be evaluated for quality of writing and presentation, as determined by Rotten Tomatoes staff. In all cases, Rotten Tomatoes maintains the rights to approve, reject, and remove critics and sources across all divisions on a case by case basis.

So if someone were to send them >>81995055
it would lose that guy major credibility.
>>
>>81995545
But they didn;t always have that. In fact if either Iron Man or Hulk had bombed, Marvel as a company wouldn't exist anymore. They were smart in promoting themselves because they had to be. DC meanwhile has had daddy Warner Bros. for a very long time. They didn't have to think.
>>
>>81995584
>I find it strange that we are pretending that a batman and superman movie is guaranteed to bring in billions.
Clearly it's not guaranteed, but it would have been an easy slam dunk for a creative team that wasn't obsessed with reinventing the wheel and shocking people with how "risky" they were.

Turns out nobody wants to buy square wheels.
>>
>>81995547
They are. I'd say that the first 500 million of it's current gross is due to pure BatmanBump. Supes is big, but not super-box-office big.

Like it or not, the MCU changed the superhero game. People now have expectations and if those aren't met, no repeat viewings.

I watched BvS once. I liked MoS. I liked BvS. But it was just too draining and un-fun, I had no desire to watch it again.

Even when the BD drops, I'll pirate it but I don't think I'll sit through the whole thing again. Maybe if the director's cut comes out but that's it.
>>
>>81995571
Well it makes sense. That first Iron Man movie is the reason the MCU is even a thing in the first place and RDJ's performance as Tony is easily the best part. The argument could very easily be made that the MCU as it exists today would not have happened without him which is why they're willing to dump loads of cash on him to get him to stay.
>>
>>81995579
Short of some bizarre disaster, seems like a safe bet, even then it would probably only push the date it reaches it back.
>>
>>81995584
>I find it strange that we are pretending that a batman and superman movie is guaranteed to bring in billions
How is it not?

No seriously, how is a movie starring Batman and Superman, something people have been waiting literally multiple decades for and had 3 years of hype behind it not an instant billion maker? How is this not weird? How is it that a movie with the most iconic comic characters ever with over 70 years of history behind them isn't doing better than something like Zootopia which didn't have a worldwide release and is over a month in? How did it take like over 3 weeks for this to finally beat Deadpool and not that be a foregone conclusion

How can you not find this completely wrong?
>>
>>81995587
Frozen is an undying juggernaut born of forgotton dark magic and fueled by the giggling of children
>>
>>81995523
You can't blame CN for not wanting to keep making Green Lantern when stores refused to even consider buying merch and ratings were merely meh. It's not their fault that anything not Batman related is done poorly by their parent company.
>>
>>81995584

Because it is.

Superman doesn't have the respect he used to have, but he is still one of the biggest pop-culture icons of all time.

And the movie has fucking Batman, one of the most popular heroes in all modern demographics.

Thrown in Wonder Woman, and you should be making crazy amount of bucks, reaching the billion should've been a given.

Except we got Hack Snyder at the helm.
>>
>"Consequences!"
>Proceeds to resurrect the character who just died 2 minutes ago
Fuck this hack
>>
>>81995570
Nobody shys away marketing in new York >>81995579
Want to bet on it?
>>
>>81995584
Superhero movies are THE big thing right now. How is it strange to expect a movie starring 2 of the biggest names in comics to at least be able to compete with the Avengers?
>>
File: Luthor motivation.jpg (107KB, 996x650px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor motivation.jpg
107KB, 996x650px
>>81995590
Which is dumb.
The only reason Lex needs to hate Superman is that he stands in the way of his world domination plans.
Then again, Lex had no world domination plans, all he cared about was killing Superman even if doing so sent him to prison.
>>
>>81995572
>And Batman has to be the leader of the JLA because fuck Superman lol who likes that corny boyscout.

Why do you even need a league if Superman is there?
>>
>>81995567
Are they still coasting on Pottermoney? I'm guessing that's what the execs are praying for this/next year.
>>
>>81995343
This Batman versus fucking Superman. They should have been printing money with this movie.
>>
>>81995585

Avengers 1 also shows Clint helping civillians, and fucking HULK saves people in an office building (while destorying the office, mind you) from being crushed by a Leviathan.
>>
>>81995611
I can blame CN for actively sabotaging freakin' BATMAN even though it's BATMAN and he's guaranteed money.
>>
>>81995626
It's doubly stupid since in the movie universe Lex is way more in the right about hating Supes. None of the bad shit that happened would have occurred if he never came to Earth.
>>
>>81995579
Of course it is. It's Avengers 2.5. Track-record, Avengers is billion++.

Now Doctor Strange? Nah. I give that 500 mil tops.
>>
>>81995629
Probably, I assume that's why that Fantastic Beasts movie is happening, DC isn't doing the numbers it should so they need dem sweet Potterbucks to finance their failures.
>>
>>81995263
>The Galactic Empire caused a lot of destruction, then so can Superman.
Superman didn't cause any destruction, he was defending having Zod and the world engine do so as they absolutely should you rabid fuckass.
>>
>>81995629
They should just shoehorn Hermoine into the Hunger Games, thereby making both franchises more successful because of the combined gross.
>>
>>81995172
>>81995326
>>81995358
Stop taking RT so damn seriously, the score means nothing
>>
>>81995605
>Like it or not, the MCU changed the superhero game. People now have expectations and if those aren't met, no repeat viewings.
Here's the thing. I don't think the MCU actually changed things. I think the "safe MCU formula" existed for decades before that. The Donner Films had the same formula. The Raimi Spider-mans had the same formula. Even the first X-men movie had that same formula, just in black leather pants. The MCU made stuff come out more frequently, but it didn't actually edit the formula all that much.

The one trying to change the genre and rewrite the narrative is Snyder, and that's where the problem lies. If someone says "I'm going to hand you something that can make a billion dollars so long as you don't fuck up." why on earth would your first instinct be "How can I fuck this up and shock people!" The guy was so desperate to leave his mark that he stopped caring if that legacy was going to be a good one or not.
>>
>>81995587
I'm an alumnus of /frz/. What do you think I think?

>Imagining Bruce singing Let it Go as he builds the Batcave
>>
>>81995587
Frozen was a cultural phenomenom and still is. Every major chain store I go to still has a frozen section.The 2nd best seling album of 2014 was Frozen. It's sold 10 million copies worldwide. And it was a new IP. B v S is just more Batman, beloved to be sure, but not exactly new.
>>
>>81995654
They were smart to cast Cabbagepatch for that though, the bump from Sherlock fangirls will probably make up for the weirdness of the movie potentially turning some people away.
>>
>>81995598
I'm sure someone already has.
>>
>>81994878
Can you blame him? The whole situation must be emotionally draining.
>>
>>81995649
Except that was 100% beyond his control.
That would be like hating me because a serial killer saw be buy a new car, followed me home and killed my family.
>>
>>81995664
That's not far off from the actual quote though.
If anything that line makes Snyder look smarter than what he actually said.
>>
>>81995654
I'd say 500 minimum from the Marvel brand, as they've set a track record of new titles like GotG and Ant-Man being very good and not just Marvel movies for the sake of it. Perhaps 7-800 if it's better than expected, whatever the expectations are for that, 900 if it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>81995672
The stupid thing is though that just a few years before they had Nolan pump out a trilogy of "dark" cape movies that did well and were well received for the most part, but then decided to hand the reigns over to the guy who did fucking Watchmen.
>>
>>81995606
And from what I know/have read, they filmed most of Iron Man without a shooting script - just what scenes should go. So RDJ (and most of the cast) improvised most of their lines. Same with Im2. So yeah, he's also essentially a writer in that case, I'd say he's worth the money.
>>
>>81995598
Maybe you should read the review and judge yourself.
>>81995600
>>81995609
Because it's fucking superman, Yes he is an icon but that is not a guarantee and might in fact be a curse. As people consider him old and don't want to invest in him, just look at the box office numbers for all superman movie. Batman has appeal to normal people, because reason while superman does not. A lot of the MCU material is still seen as fresh in the eyes of many so that gets to them, gets them hooked.

Can you even point me to good Batman Vs Superman comics?
>>
File: the circle co stars.jpg (8KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
the circle co stars.jpg
8KB, 278x181px
>>81995665
Can't, she's busy co-starring with John Boyega and Tom Hanks in The Circle this year and playing Belle in Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast. She's on that Disney money now.
>>
>>81995693
>Except that was 100% beyond his control.
I remember you. Here's the problem. Nobody knows that. Because Clark never explains what happened to anybody.

And it's more like if someone followed you home and killed your neighbors. Clark didn't actually lose anything, the people around him did.
>>
>>81995676
> And it was a new IP. B v S is just more Batman

Being a new IP doesn't usually give you an advantage over being a huge, established franchize.
>>
>>81995626
Nah, I'm a big fan of the Lex hating that Kal represents everything that is beyond human. The kind of Lex that wouldn't believe that Clark is Supes becaue he's such a lowly reportr.
>>
>>81995027
they questioned, in the news, if superman saw the bomb and did nothing to stop it
>>
>>81995710
>As people consider him old and don't want to invest in him, just look at the box office numbers for all superman movie.
Did you forget to adjust for inflation? Because when you remember to adjust for inflation the first two Donner movies easily made a billion.
>>
>>81995365
He was.
>>
>>81995665
Granger v Everdeen: Dawn of FEMINISM
>>
>>81995620
>Proceeds to resurrect the character who just died 2 minutes ago

He wasn't resurrected, the last scene just lets the audience know it's going to happen eventually.
>>
>>81995676

A new IP is actually a huge risk.

And Frozen isn't even all that new. It's very divorced from it, but it's still based on the Snow Queen.

So that actually puts it in the exact same category THAN ALL THEIR OTHER PRINCESS MOVIES.

And BvS is not just Batman. It's Batman fighting motherfucking Superman.

Even if people don't believe in Superman anymore (they believe in Captain America, because Marvel knows what the fuck to do with an idealistic character), it still a hype generator of huge proportions.
>>
>>81995710
>Can you even point me to good Batman Vs Superman comics?
Batman/Superman.
>>
>>81994508
>Snyder
>taking shots at anyone

He's hardly in position to talk shit about anyone. The guy is a hack.
>>
File: TheLoneDissenter.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
TheLoneDissenter.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>81995681
>Marvel is going to debut it's magic universe before DC
>People are going to look at it as the standard for capes magic
>DC is going to keep fumbling
>people will think marvel is better at magic than DC
I want off this ride
>>
>>81995695
No its not even close.
Someone he was talking to said "MOS had more destruction in memory" and Snyder responded "Really? Think to this year, Star Wars killed multiple entire planets"
>>
>>81995605
>People now have expectations
Expectations that ruined the genre, yes.

I can only hope that this film and Suicide Squad will put capekino back on track.
>>
>>81995741
I didn't, so how much did superman pull in in the good days then? Even man of st only did over 600 million for
>>
>>81995110
mr terrific
>>
>>81995711
Hermione is getting BLACKED?
>>
>>81994556
Also let's not forget the part there Doomsday explodes Gotham and Metropolis and the only thing people care about in the aftermath is giving Superman a nice burial.

I guess everyone got evacuated before the unexpected battle.
>>
>>81995710
>good Btatman vs Superman comics
Not "good" in the way we use it, but Injustice is pretty popular among normies. I just left work today and my co-worker was reading Injustice Year Four at the office in plain view of everyone.
>>
>>81995711
>Hermione x Finn
BLACKED. IN SPACE. WITH MAGIC.
>>
>>81995770
The worst part is that he doesn't even realize he's a hack.
After MoS, BvS, and all his shit talking and recruiting, he STILL thinks he's some amazing visionary redefining movies for the benefit of mankind.
He's straight up delusional.
>>
>>81995483
Say what you will about Baruch Hussain al-Jihad Obama and his plans of forcibly relocating all white men into FEMA extermination camps and usher in global Sharia law, but the man was fifteen years old when New Hope hit theatres.
And that's gonna weigh heavier than his bonding over matzoh balls with the blood of Christian children with his fellow jihadist Benjamin al-Aflek.
>>
>>81995483
So... South Park was wrong?
>>
>>81995720
Although from a certain point of view....singing Disney Princess is one of the oldest IPs in cinematic history.
>>
>>81995779

#alienlivesmatter
>>
>>81995754
>"... do you bleed?"
>>
>>81995807
Except nothing in bvs or especially Mos was hackish In anyway and had a billion times the vision and grand scale that Marvel has ever had.
>>
Dear lord, Snyder is such a consolewarsfag! Just do your damn thing, you fuckig pedantic asshole.
>>
>>81995780
They're the hordes with the money. They dictate the product.
>>
>>81995830

I shouldn't be laughing this hard, my family is sleeping...
>>
>>81995830
>Bats gives Supes a sex change
>Super menstruation cycles
>>
>>81995821
We saw humans on the planets that were destroyed before the beams hit them.
>>
>>81994525
Well, even a broken clock tells time right twice a day, so.
>>
>>81995783
Naw man.

There is only one person STRONG enough to lead the Justice League.

FELICITY
>>
>>81995771
Aside from Hellblazer and Sandman, does DC really have that many advantages?
>>
>>81995779
No see, what Snyder actually said was that Star Wars had more "collateral damage". Which it didn't. Because Snyder doesn't understand what collateral damage is.
>>
>>81995859
Absolute mad man
>>
>>81995807
It's important to remember that everyone though that Stanley Kubrick was a hack during his day.
>>
>>81994606
>PR guy

The PR guys are all the fans he inflames with declarations like this. It's fucking genius.
>>
>>81995551
So they made Darkseid head of merchandising?
>>
>>81995055
HAHA, what a dick move, man.
>>
>>81995830
>"At least once a month"
>>
>>81995343

Yeah, I guess plummeting 200 million on shilling on 4chin doesn't really pay off
>>
>>81995865
If they spin it right? Zatanna could pull in the tween Katniss crowd and the landwhale feminists. Keep her thighs and stage uniform classic with the top hat and we're in as well.
>>
>>81995781
Not that anon but you might want to look at
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=superman.htm
According to this, adjusting for inflation BvS is still the third most successful movie. Not in the billions range, but still, Snyder isn't matching Donner by these numbers.
>>
>>81995872
Since fucking when?
>>
>>81995865
Shazam, WW, Swamp Thing, Etrigan/Jason Blood, Spectre, Zatanna, etc.
>>
>>81995627
So that you don't lose 5000 Metropolis citizens next time an alien attacks.
Tony Stark gets it, why don't you?
>>
>>81995917
Since you can say anything on the internet if it'll support your claim.
>>
>>81995191
Brutal.
>>
>>81995343

before BvS came out
>GUYS ITS BATMAN VS SUPERMAN NO WAY IT WONT MAKE 2 BILLION

after it came out
>a-a billion is not easy guyz, 850 million is great
>>
>>81994964
Yeah, why does everything bad that happens on that earth is kind of Superman's fault?

Fuck you Snyder, you piece of shit.
>>
>>81995904
I mean, I guess. But aside from fapping to her, who the hell cares Zatanna? Aside from Seven Soldiers, has she even had any good comics?
>>
>>81995933
If BvS actually was a great movie, i think it could've made 1.5bil+
>>
>>81995756
Dude, just literally 5 minutes after Kal's death we got signs that he's totally going to come back, in the same fucking movie, not even leaving it as after credits scene, it was clear in your face frame. So he's no one to talk about "consequences".
>>
>cause I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible

I agree with him on this point. Actually when I heard that Superman dies I kind of thought it might be a good movie, but there is just so much shit in there.
>>
>>81995872
He was a hack. Most of his best work were based on novels ie other peoples work. Even Full metal Jacket is only half a good movie and nowhere nears as good as the best Picture winning, Oliver stone directed, Charlie Sheen/ Keith David/ Tom Berenger/ Willem Dafoe starring Platoon from a year beforehand.
>>
>>81995951
Yeah, but smart people knew it would be shit before it came out
>>
>>81994999
That bombing scene was 100% shit.
>>
>>81995676
>The 2nd best seling album of 2014 was Frozen.
Wasn't the #1 the GotG soundtrack?
>>
>>81995198
What really gets me about this is that Snyder is throwing all of DC's other characters sans maybe Wonder Woman under the bus with this comment.

This is the person in charge of the DCEU and apparently the only characters he thinks matter are Superman and Batman, and meanwhile, he clearly fucking hates Superman given the absolute raping of his character that MoS and BvS has given us.

Is Batman literally the only superhero Snyder likes? Fucking perfect.
>>
>>81995962
>He was a hack.
Restating your premise is not evidence in support of your premise. What metrics do you have to support your claim other than your opinion?
>>
>>81995387
I know he did. Quietman barely said anything during BvS. What's up with that?
>>
>>81995971
>What really gets me about this is that Snyder is throwing all of DC's other characters sans maybe Wonder Woman under the bus with this comment.

And that's ignoring all the supporting characters he literally threw under the bus like Jimmy and Mercy
>>
>>81995917
Pretty much all his movies had mixed reviews at his time. The shining was even nominated for a golden raspberry in worst director
>>
>>81995956

but there are more consequences in BvS than just Superman dying, which itself is established very clearly to have not meant to be permanent, just a story element to be followed up.
>>
>>81995008
>Superman literally has a mental breakdown and people fully rejected him.

A liar, ladies and gentlemen.

You're such a failure at life, Anon. Lying and tricking people to defend a fucking HACK of a director who's been dragging the name of good characters in the MUD with his stupid 11th grade philosophies.

Fuck you, you fucking CUNT!
>>
>>81995965
>100% shit

I think you mean 100% piss
>>
>>81995997
And Lois probably
>>
>>81996005
>but there are more consequences in BvS than just Superman dying,
DINGDINGDING and what else?
>>
>>81995465
>>81995494
DC have been alienating children for a few decades now. From comics to movies, their main target audience has been mature.
>>
>>81996003
Mixed reviews =/= hack.
>>
>>81996018
>capes
>mature

ok
>>
>>81995730
>The kind of Lex that wouldn't believe that Clark is Supes becaue he's such a lowly reportr.
That's because Luthor can't imagine someone with so much power possibly debasing himself like that, because Luthor would never do that if he had the power.
I hate how we didn't even get that here.
Lex finds out that Clark is Superman off-screen and makes no commentary about it whatsoever, he isn't incredulous about it at all.
>>
>>81994508
>and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt
kek isn't this what literally happens in BvS?
>>
>>81996005
The only other consequences were set up for other movies. And it's not like B v S is the first superhero movie to set up for other superhero movies.
>>
>>81995676
It was daughteru/waifus for the masses.
>>
>>81996017

Batman mending his ways and deciding to build the League with Diana, Superman celebrated as a (fallen) hero by the public, fundamentally changing what the perception of him was...
>>
>>81995971
>This is the person in charge of the DCEU and apparently the only characters he thinks matter are Superman and Batman, and meanwhile, he clearly fucking hates Superman given the absolute raping of his character that MoS and BvS has given us.
Snyder doesn't hate Superman, he just misunderstands him.
>>
>>81995951
Something people would have enjoyed to see more than once. What they got was a painful slog of a film that was not pleasant.
>>
>>81996038
>DON'T WORRY, EVERYONE IS OUT OF DOWNTOWN METROPOLIS BY SUNDOWN. NO ONE IS WORKING LATE OR GOING OUT TO EAT AND PARTY OR EVEN JUST HANGING AROUND!
>>
>>81996003
>>81995872
>le underrated masterpiece meme

You can't really compare the reception of a movie coming out today and of one that came out decades ago. Critics aren't as elitist as they used to be, and big movies like BvS get hundreds of reviews from all countries, while those "mixed reviews" of Shining were most likely from just 20-something americans

Stop deluding yourself that in 10 years people will look back and say BvS was a misunderstood game changer
>>
File: ................Outrageous.gif (613KB, 384x212px) Image search: [Google]
................Outrageous.gif
613KB, 384x212px
>>81996018
>TTGO
>JL v TT
>everything DC on TV
>mature
>>
>>81996056
And he's not comfortable with heroes in general.
>>
>>81995872
That's a dumb argument anon. People didn't like my short films either, maybe I'm actually Kubrick.
>>
>>81996060
that was literally the cringiest moment in the film.

like the damage control dude doesn't even wait for a second, he immediately knows.
>>
Maybe not trying to make a deep thoughtful movie about a guy who wears a rubber suit and can hide is identity with a pair of glasses wasn't such a good idea.
>>
>>81996013
200% granny peach tea
>>
It hink, between the comparatively low end revenue brought in by B v S the movie and it's merchandise, that it's safe to say that B v S was a mistake.

Having a movie where Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all meet and fight together, BEFORE the Justice League movie robs the Justice League of a lot of it's drawing power. What made the comparable avengers special was that it was the first time that Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Nick Fury were all in the same movie. But thanks to B v S the DC version of that meeting has already happened. So what's special about JL anymore?
>>
>>81995971
>What really gets me about this is that Snyder is throwing all of DC's other characters sans maybe Wonder Woman under the bus with this comment.
This, though if asked I'm sure he'd claim that those characters are "iconic" and "mythological" so they'll endure anyway unlike "flavors of the week" like Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.
And that woul just make us laugh at him more.
>>
>>81996055
>Superman celebrated as a (fallen) hero by the public, fundamentally changing what the perception of him was...
I thought it was split though. Otherwise what's the point of doing a hero's fall movie before he had the rise?
>>
>>81996080
It's not like it can't be done, just look at the Dark Knight trilogy.
The difference is that Nolan is a good director, and Snyder is not.
>>
>>81996097
Someone at Warner is not thinking straight.
Also:
>We got three Jokers now: bald joker, mc joker and girl joker
>Yes, all of our villains are jokers
>>
>>81996060
But besides the brief tussel that resulted in the statue being destroyed the battle didn't happen in down town.
It happened in the port.
>>
>>81996102
>Critics aren't as elitist as they used to be

The anti-Superman sentiment was flaring pretty high due to Lex's manipulation. You could say it started out split, then turned worse and finally became universally positive, hence the war hero burial.
>>
>>81996100
Well, Aquaman is kinda iconic, just not in the way they want.
>>
>>81995387
>>81995408
>>81995986
Quipslav had literally less than 10 lines, including the same quip repeated 3 times.
Then again he was a secondary character, Supes was arguably MC and got a little over 40 lines including grunts.
>>
>>81996102
Because his fall was his rise as by sacrificing his self he proved to the world his Nobel nature and intent.
>>
>>81996105
To be fair that batman tries a bit more with the bat mask and the clint eastwood voice.
And the suit in general looks more like a battle armor.
>>
File: Battle_of_the_Super-Heroes!.jpg (26KB, 512x289px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_the_Super-Heroes!.jpg
26KB, 512x289px
Still better, forever better
>>
>>81996137
>including grunts

C'mon, now. Grunts are not lines, man.
>>
Whoever doesn't like BvS are only saying that because they don't bleed.
>>
I find it funny that more people care about the death of Quickslav than the death of Superman, at least in my experience.
>>
>>81996120
The war hero burial was pretty much the same net gain/loss as the statue in the first place. All the "public actually likes Superman" stuff is rushed through or off camera. Shit sucks.

And its really obvious that shit sucks so that they can jerk off Batman more. He's become a more obnoxious meme character than cats and bacon combined.
>>
>>81996169

Well, Quickslav was funny and charming, he cared for his sister, and sacrificed saving a child.

Also, he never got to live to his full potential.
>>
>>81996097
Someone should make a "Superheroes were a mistake - Zack Snyder" pic.
>>
>>81996169
It's more believable that Quickslav stays dead than Superman.
>>
>>81996169
People cared more for the death of a FUCKING ANT than the death of Gruntman.
>>
>>81996169
>>81996200
>>81996210
Well the problem is comparing a death to a non-death
>>
>>81996184
>The war hero burial was pretty much the same net gain/loss as the statue in the first place.

Getting a statue in a park doesn't need more than just some local adoration. To get such a big public hero funeral requires far more bigger support for it to be done.
>>
>>81996210
RIP Antony, your sacrifice was not in vain.
>>
>>81996154
I didn't make the count, Reddit did. >>81983376
>>
>>81996218
True. It should be compared to Iron Man's fall in Avengers really.
Or not compared at all since movies are not made to be compared to each other.
>>
>>81996210

Antony died to save people from tiny hydra assasins.

His sacrifice was not in vain. What a hero.
>>
>>81996218
I'm talking about the moment where they actually die. People couldn't give a fuck in the movie theather. I was appalled that no one even gasped when the Ogre from LoTR killed Superman while lots of people went "NOOOO" when Anthony, the ant, died.

This is where we are now, Anon.
>>
>>81996210
That was a pretty amazing shot from a crazed guy wildly firing a gun in an unstable position, seriously
>>
>>81995715

This. All the world knows is that Zod came to Earth looking for Kal El, who was 'hiding on your planet, living among you in secret'.

Unless Superman TELLS people that he was sent to Earth as a baby, the natural assumption for the common man to make is that Superman was on the run from Zod and the came to Earth to lay low. If that were the case, then everything WAS his fault because that would mean he chose to come to Earth and knowingly put it in danger in the process.

Its not impossible that Lois Lane broke the true story, but I somehow doubt it. Telling the world that Superman came to Earth as a baby immediately raises the question of who raised alien kid. That's a line of questioning that could be traced back to the Kents. If Superman's origin is left as vaguely as 'he came from space', the government is not going to be looking for his family on Earth.
>>
>>81996226
>To get such a big public hero funeral requires far more bigger support for it to be done.
Not really. You just gotta be real famous. Or infamous. Either way a lot of that was that same creepy god worship shit the movie was insisting on while at the same time expecting us to go "But look he's frowning that means he hates it!" but not enough to actually say anything against it.
>>
WHY ISN'T ZACK SNYDER FIRED? WHY WAS HE EVEN HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE? HE ONLY MADE ONE COUNT ONE GOOD MOVIE
>>
>>81994525
YOU BACK AWAY FROM THIS IN BVS WHEN YOU PULLED THE "EMPTY BUILDING" SHIT THAT THE SAME MOVIE RETCONNED OUT OF MOS.
>>
>>81996218
People gave no fucks in the theater though, whereas there was an audible response when Antony and Quickslav died.
>>
>>81996210
To be fair, the ant had more character and charm than Superman in BvS/MoS.
>>
>>81996275
>Unless Superman TELLS people
But heroes talking in costume is silly, Anon.
>>
>>81996256

That's because Antony dying was a genuine surprise. It caught people off guard.

It was obvious to everyone that Superman was going to be kill, or at least make a near-kill sacrifice.

The script up until that point was downright hammering it into our heads CLARK IS JESUS CLARK IS JESUS CLARK IS JESUS do you get it yet? Once more just to make sure because I would hate it anyone didn't pick up on the fact that CLARK IS LITERALLY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

That meant that Clark had to die for our sins. Its his job. But that also robs the moment of any real weight, because not only did we feel it coming a mile away but even before the funeral scene everyone knows that the next part of the story is HE IS RISEN.
>>
File: snyder-3-years.jpg (81KB, 602x435px) Image search: [Google]
snyder-3-years.jpg
81KB, 602x435px
>>81996279
. Here's hoping that Suicide Squad get great reviews and out performs BvS and gives WB a good look at Snyder. It's too late to save JL tho.
>>
>>81996097
Because it's bringing in so many other memorable superheroes like... uh, cyborg and aquaman? Not saying either of those are bad, but to the moviegoing public they're no-names. Even less so for aquaman because of how inept he was in superfriends.

You're definitely right; it's way more payoff to setup heroes in standalone films, having audiences recognize and come to know them, THEN throw them into mixture movies to see how they bounce off of other personas. Ideally you can still introduce newbies and have them develop, but the audience will want to be following who they know and like. So for Justice League, Superman is dead and no-one knows half of the team, which leaves Batman and Wonderwoman. So, if Wondie's solo movie isn't good, the film will be entirely resting on Batman's likability to keep people's attentions... which could mean it turns into 'Batman! and also the Justice League'..

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...
>>
>>81996060
I know they want to address the problem in MOS, but this just felt like a running gag
>>
>>81994508
DC stuff is usually pretty bleh but:
>'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."
Isn't wrong.

You don't blow up part of New York during a brief alien invasion and have fewer deaths occur than in a normal New York day.

That attack would've wrapped up the Fire Department and the cops, causing people not in the area of the attack to receive less services and increase just the normal death toll of that day.

ffs
>>
>>Killed off Superman so Batman would lead the Justice League
>>Doesn't get that Superman death being undone would remove any caring if he is in danger.
>>
>>81996210
When that wing hit the ground...

Anthony, you wet taken too soon,
>>
>>81995055
The retarded thing is, in the review, he's actually pretty positive about most of the film even if it was meant to be a "negative" one.
>>
>>81996342
That's not how human sympathy works.
Even if someone's immortal, if they're in pain we will still care.
Look at Deadpool for example.
>>
>>81996328
Is he turning into Ben Stiller?
>>
>>81996347
Were*
Stupid autocorrect
>>
>>81996328
You know the 2013 and 2016 photos would be the same in similar lighting right? All he needs to do is shave.
>>
>>81996331
>Because it's bringing in so many other memorable superheroes like... uh, cyborg and aquaman?
It can work in capable hands, look at Ant Man, and that movie had all the signs of being a disjointed incoherent mess before the premiere.
>>
>>81996331
... And once again, DC back to riding Batman's dick.
>>
>>81995787

I thought they said the Gotham fight was abandoned land and the area with the dorm was cleared out?
>>
>>81995866
>Which it didn't

ehh... Actually it did. The Deathstars are all filled with civillians and even worst, the niggers pretty much shows us than in episode 7 most of the ST are just brainwashed.
>>
>>81996331

Yeah, its a poor choice of lineup.

Superman is MIA, Aquaman is memetically a joke (which means they are going to double-down on making him serious as fuck even by Snyderverse standards, which I expect to be painful to watch), Cyborg isn't well known outside of the teen titans cartoon and his name along carries no recognition or weight because its just "cyborg", and El Flasho is competing with the Flash TV show which is actually enjoyable to watch.

Its a weird storm where everyone who doesn't know the heroes already won't care about them besides maybe the Flash, and anyone who cares about them from other works already is going to be rightly furious at the grimderp Synderverse versions of them.

Wondy and Bat's are going to have to carry this movie until Superman returns.
>>
>>81994508
I like that Zack can't imagine any possible way for Superman to work with Batman without coming to blows.
>>
>>81996373
>look at Ant Man
That's your problem. They won't look at Ant Man because they don't like it. Warner doesn't like good movies. They like Hack Snyder.
>>
>>81996339
>You don't blow up part of New York during a brief alien invasion and have fewer deaths occur than in a normal New York day.
When was it established that barely anyone died?
I might be remembering wrong, but it seemed like they made a pretty big deal out of it in the Netflix sphere (Woman wants to kill Jessica because she lost someone in that battle, Fisks rises to power by promising to restore the city, etc)
They also keep bringing it up like it was a horrible disaster. Hell, Tony still has PTSD about it.
>>
>>81994508
well uh.... he really believes in himself......... please Bugs please be true, don't be just another hoax. Arkham Knight, BvS, now that those things you posted.
>>
>>81996412
>that PTSD Tony from IM3
>the whole movie was Tony doing a therapy session with Dr. Banner

Why Marvel movies are so fun!!
>>
File: 97.jpg (334KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
334KB, 1920x816px
>>81996412
>>
>>81996396
>Tons of people outside crashed ship
>Doomsday jumps out, jumps to the top of a nearby sky scraper
>Emits shockwave that levels a city district
>No one got hurt

>City block in Gotham is abandoned
>Abandoned
>In Gotham
The only places abandoned in Gotham are the places where criminals hide in secret.
>>
>>81996412
Also the end of Avengers show people grieving over lost loved ones with memorial walls and shit, similar to the stuff you'd see during post-terrorist attacks.

I have no doubt that Civil War will bring up all the shit that Ultron pulled given how the registration is literally named the "Sokovia Accords".
>>
>>81995263
Source on the Flash thing?
>>
>>81996375
Have you see Gone girl? It's a pretty nice one .
>>
>>81996444
I've always argued that IM3 was just a dream Tony had while nodding off during one of Banner's stories.
>>
>>81996373

Ant Man is a bit of a mess though. They managed to pull it off, but it's got same serious problems. Falcon's cameo is egregious, as is the Spider-man reference. Cross' descent to villainy is entirely disjointed to a point where they bizarrely try to make him sympathetic after he's already murdered in cold blood. Hope being sidelined in favor of Scott using the suit is pants on head retarded and the way they attempt to handwave the issue later is completely forced.
>>
I might be delusional, but I feel that the only two of the already announced DCEU movies that will perform better than expected are Suicide Squad and Aquaman.

The first one is about a gang of misfits and criminals having to collaborate together and the trailer's try to portrait it that slightly dark, but at the same time wacky kind of way. People already love Harley and Joker, and Harley has never appeared in movies so she's fresh in people's eyes, to some degree at least.
It looks like a moneymaker and will promote relatively unknown characters in the way GotG did, enabling DC to gain more new comic readers.

As for Aquaman, he's been a butt of jokes for a very long time, but still he's more known than Shazam, Cyborg of even Flash (before that CW tv show at least, but I didn't watch that, so I have no idea how it holds up). Turning him into that gritty 'anti-hero' certainly won't hurt him and might actually bring in some new fans. Plus, Jason Momoa is a fucking beefcake
>>
>>81996444
>IM3 is literally Tony going fucking bonkers over what happened in Avengers and literally making shit-quality suits because he hasn't been sleeping well

PTSD is fun apparently
>>
>>81996403
>(which means they are going to double-down on making him serious as fuck even by Snyderverse standards, which I expect to be painful to watch),

Eh, maybe they'll just make him a cool charismatic barbarian not a brooding one. I mean they got Momoa because of GoT.
>>
>>81996412

In one of the trailers for Civil War there is a freezeframe moment that shows either a screen or a document that states 93 people died in NY.

Nobody actually knows if those numbers are actually acknowledged as official in the movie.
>>
>>81996373
I know, but point I was making that the only thing we're getting is the Wonder Woman movie before JL Part 1. We won't even get the chance to see if the Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman solo movies will be good or not before they get thrown in the wringer; if we even like these characters yet. If those characters fall flat in JL, their solo outings might tank.

We're definitely getting Wonderwoman and JL, but everything after that is kind of subject to reactions.
>>
>>81996499
Charisma is this universe's dump stat.
>>
>>81996447
Huh.
That is a pretty low number but then again they did make a point out of "containing" the destruction, so there's that.
Infact if I remember right, the whole invasion was basically contained to like one road.

>>81996444
>>81996487
>Yet no one ever makes threads about all the character development and calling that Capekino
Go figure.
>>
>>81996478
I think they'll both tank because of how bad BvS reviews were.

>These are from that same crew?
>No, thanks.
>>
>>81996478
I'm sure they will be better received and SS might be able to out perform BvS thanks to Joker, Harley and Batman but Aquaman won't.
>>
>>81996356
Deadpool had better characterization and more charisma.
>>
>>81996500
> 93 in alien invasion
Thems pretty good numbers for casualties, considering surprise invasion.
>>
>>81996325
>That's because Antony dying was a genuine surprise. It caught people off guard.
How though? Do people not watch movies? There's a reason he only named one ant.

Don't get me wrong I really liked Ant-Man but it was mostly predictable.
>>
>>81996527
Well no, Terrio and Snyder had jackshit to do with here but I guess there are people with that kind of mentality.
>>
>>81996487
>That final fight scene with all those fucking armors going all around the place, fighting and getting destroyed
>Those armors switcharoos
>That Pepper attack

IM3 is fun/10
>>
>>81996339
>>81996447
>You don't blow up part of New York during a brief alien invasion and have fewer deaths occur than in a normal New York day.

I'll repeat it for the 100th time
"150 people die on an average day in NY" does NOT mean literally everyday 150 people die
People die for dozens of reasons, sickness, old age, violent death, car accident, if you break down all these factors those 150 people won't sound as big of a deal (two elderly died of old age, 10 people got mugged, 5 were in a car accident, etc.)

So 74 people dying in a few hours for a single reason is still a tragic number, and you cannot honestly ignore that the Avengers were specifically trying to contain the aliens, help police and firemen organize the evacuation, save civillians etc.

The Avengers' ending wasn't framed as a tragedy, we already saw people mourning the dead (we didn't have to wait for a sequel for that) but we also knew everyone was glad the Avengers were there. It's fucking idiotic and purposefully ignorant to say "hurr durr i can't take it seriously if it's not another shoah!"
>>
>>81996570
Forgot pic
>>
>>81996527
Not the same crew. Well it depends on how much say on other directors Snyder retains after BvS.
>>
>>81996514
Such an elegant gentlemen thing to say.
>>
>>81996478
You know what's gonna be fun about the Aquaman movie? They're gonna try so hard to make Aquaman not silly, he's gonna become silly.
>>
>>81996567
>It took us nearly an huge chunk of horse shit time until something enjoyable happens

Yeah sure, I'll rewatch IM3 but just to fast forward to stuff like that.
>>
>>81996056

Well of course he misunderstands him.

Look, this is a guy whose directing dream is to adapt The Fountainhead to cinema. A book written by Ayn Rand. The same Ayn Rand whose books are basically a dissertation on how altruism is the evil that poisons society.

And this man is the person who they chose to put to cinema a character that is absolutely fucking defined by altruism and hope.

No shit he misunderstands Superman.
>>
>>81996588
I think that anon's point was less that the movies will be made by the same people, and more that people will treat it like if it was made by the same people.
>>
>>81996560
>>81996588

>From the same studio who brought you:
>GREEN LANTERN
>JONAH HEX
>CATWOMAN
>MoS
>AND BvS

SUICIDE SQUAD!

AVAILABLE IN 3D IMAX SMD!
>>
>>81996570
Not to mention that usually when they do death counts they don't include "guys the fire department couldn't go to instead" in the tally, so >>81996339's point is kinda bullshit. The number is low because it's not being inflated artificially by secondary deaths.
>>
File: 1461004392053.png (649KB, 813x679px) Image search: [Google]
1461004392053.png
649KB, 813x679px
>Snyder talking about consequences
>Fanreactions were the only thing that made him address the 1500 x 9/11 that Man of Steel caused.
>>
>>81996373
Ant-Man had a lot of Marvel good faith buildup though. You'd be better served by comparing it to earlier movies.
I mean, Thor wasn't popular for shit, and his movies were still relative successes (at least something like WB could have had with Aquaman).

MoS probably benefited from good faith from the Nolan movies, and a good solo movie after it probably would have worked.
Not making a proper Batman movie before BvS was a mistake. As is they crammed everything in one movie and it's just all sorts of stupid.
>>
File: [groans in agony].gif (517KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
[groans in agony].gif
517KB, 245x150px
>>81996631
In all seriousness though, SS is the last chance I'm giving WB/DC.
If this one is no good, I'll be waiting for the Blu-Ray rip from now on.
>>
>>81996631
Can you imagine the Justice League movie if they only used characters that had appeared in movies beforehand? Shit, I kind of wanna see that, as big a shitshow as it would be.
>>
File: 1461007162019.jpg (150KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1461007162019.jpg
150KB, 980x1040px
>>81996670
>1500 x 9/11
Keked/10
>>
>>81996202
"I may have gone too far in a few places." - Zack 'Lucas' Snyder
>>
>>81996631
well that's fucking dumb. WB Movies also had LOTR and the Harry Potter Franchise along with Mad Max. Even so, they'll be more likely to reference Ayer's past works instead
>>
>>81996461
>The only places abandoned in Gotham are the places where criminals hide in secret.
Well yeah but that's apparently 35% of the city. You know the joke, Gotham has factories that build abandonned factories.
>>
>>81996478
Cap had a show long before Flash even if most people think he's called Shazam. And one of the first things they said about the movie was it's going to be different from the main JL films. He'll probably be fine.

Plus the Rock tends to be a draw by himself.
>>
>>81996731
I think you mean abandoned abandoned factory factories.
>>
>>81995280
>>81995280
>Ant-Man: 130 million budget
>made its budget + 259 million profit
>BvS: 400 million budget
>Made its budget + 30million profit
>>
>>81996723
>well that's fucking dumb.

What? Comparing superhero movies with superhero movies is dumb?
>>
>>81994771
>CLEARLY A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD
Wait, who?
>>
>>81996598
That's a possibility too, but I'm trying to be optimistic here.
I have hope.

>>81996527
I don't think WB is this stupid, they're not Disney but they know at least a little bit about marketing.
But again, I'm being optimistic.
>>
>>81995483
Considering all the bad press & reception that BvS had against it? Yeah 850 is remarkable. More than it deserved. Now imagine if it had positive reviews.
>>
>>81996516
Because kino refers to visual experimentation and not narrative cohesiveness. It's a /tv/ meme after all and they sure love to look at their stills.
>>
>>81996678
> Thor
Yes, but they have Hemsworth and Hiddleston to carry those movies. If they had any sense, they'd drop the Macbeth ideals just do a cosmic roadtrip movie entirely about Thor and Loki exploring stupid marvel cosmic and magic nonsense.

The Wonderwoman previews at least seem to imply Wondie is getting to punch nazis or something in an origin story, but the Aquaman movie makes me weary. Are they setting the whole thing underwater in Atlantis? Probably not. And there's also the issues of whether it'll be before or after Justice League and be affected by that.
>>
>>81996527
People still seem very hyped for SS despite BvS.
>>
>>81996753
Why do you feel the need to lie?

>Ant-Man
Production budget: $130 million
Marketing: unknown
Revenue: $519,250,779
Total Profit: ~$390 million - marketing

>BvS
Production budget: $250 million
Marketing: unknown
Revenue: $829,330,086
Total Profit: ~$580 million - marketing

We can safely assume the marketing for Ant-Man wasn't nearly as expensive as the marketing for BvS. But BvS' didn't cost $200 million more than Ant-Man's.

I don't have a horse in this race, I like both Marvel and DC, but it literally takes five seconds to google these things.
>>
>>81996782
>Now imagine if it had positive reviews.
1.5 billion with ease.
>>
>>81996815
Different crew, different cast. Wait till it does well and Snyder gets his grubby hands on Suicide Squad 2. Harley can be Mary Magdalene!
>>
>>81994771
That's pretty in character for Stark though
I'M A STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
I'M A STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
AND REGISTER
>>
File: Zachary Sneider.jpg (186KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zachary Sneider.jpg
186KB, 667x1000px
>>81995627
This guy gets it
>>
>>81996570
>So 74 people dying in a few hours for a single reason is still a tragic number
It's more than the London attacks of 2005 (?) and less than those of Paris (2015) and Madrid (2003?).
It's a tragedy but it does make the aliens look tragically incompetent if they can't outscore a dozen of fuckers with AK47s and artisanal bombs.
>>
>>81996829

But Snyder is already producing Suicide Squad.
>>
File: 300.jpg (122KB, 1008x659px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
122KB, 1008x659px
>>81994508
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>>
>>81996871

truly the center of the /co/-verse.
>>
>>81996854

Well, again, The Avengers, the police and others did organize an evacuation and contention.

But we don't even know if that death count is acutally in the movie.
>>
>>81996478
>band of misfits and criminals
>trailers try to portrait it that slightly dark, but at the same time wacky kind of way
>GotG
I feel like WB's marketing team has been taking A LOT of clues from GotG's marketing campaign. They used Bohemian Rapsody, threw in some jokes and introduced characters the exact same way ffs and that's only the trailer.

>Aquaman
No, it won't nesesarilly flop, but it won't do too well.
I will see it, though.
>>
File: 10asm583[1].jpg (112KB, 585x473px) Image search: [Google]
10asm583[1].jpg
112KB, 585x473px
>>81995553
I bet he does. After all Spider-Man saved his ass when Chamaleon tried to take his place.
>>
>>81996778
When it comes to promotion, if it's not Disney, Universal or Netflix, the other movie companies are mediocre at best.
>>
File: zack_snyder.jpg (79KB, 780x523px) Image search: [Google]
zack_snyder.jpg
79KB, 780x523px
>>81996328
>>
>>81996891

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-4xnb77Lk

look at them being all busy saving people.
>>
>>81996782
Considering MoS with bad reviews got 600 Million, 800 to 900 Million is still a disappointment for Superman AND Batman together.
>>
File: QwuDIVPg.jpg (4KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
QwuDIVPg.jpg
4KB, 259x195px
>>81995771
>Marvel is going to debut the movie multiverse concept before DC

Goddamn you guys had the fucking Flash for that.
>>
>>81996854
We didn't have the Avengers during those attacks, and they knew soon enough about the Chitauri coming, it wasn't a sudden ambush like a bomb exploring out of nowhere

It's a fantasy world, man. I can kinda see where people are coming from, but this is Hollywood, in most action movies it's considered a tragedy if a fucking dog dies, 74 people is still a big enough deal

Plus i guess they wanted to give a feel of escalating danger, by virtue of being the last movie AoU needed the higher death toll
>>
>>81996958
Pretty sure Xmen beat all of them. And then had Deadpool make jokes about the two Xaviers.
>>
>>81996810
>Yes, but they have Hemsworth and Hiddleston to carry those movies.
They have Momoa and literally whoever popular they want to cast as his supporting cast. Not like Hemsworth was particularly big before Thor.
>If they had any sense, they'd drop the Macbeth ideals just do a cosmic roadtrip movie entirely about Thor and Loki exploring stupid marvel cosmic and magic nonsense.
Oh yeah definitely, but even when doing the character no justice at all, they still made a competent enough movie that people watched and came back for its shitty sequel. Because people didn't have shit for expectations. If you make a decent Aquaman movie that looks good and has a decent cast, there's no reason people wouldn't watch it, memes be damned.
>Are they setting the whole thing underwater in Atlantis? Probably not.
Nah, water CGI is pricey if you want to do it right.
>And there's also the issues of whether it'll be before or after Justice League and be affected by that.
After, which means JL will serve as his origin.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get something like Justice League War as JL1, since it needs to functionnaly serve as origin for 3 characters, and modern Aquaman interpretations all have him being Namor levels of salty against surface people originally.
>>
>>81995627
Because Superman can't be in two places at the same time, much less in 5 places.

Also, as we already saw in the last two movies, he isn't omnipotent, he can be beaten.
>>
>>81996823
That's not how that works. Studio tends to get 50% of the gross as the theatres and government have to get their cut too.

With this in mind, it's generally accepted that a movie needs to make 2 to 3 times it's budget to make a profit. The bigger the movie, the more advertising and the closer to 3 times it's budget it gets.
>>
File: SpeedForceDontHaveToExplainShit.gif (330KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedForceDontHaveToExplainShit.gif
330KB, 500x374px
>>81996958
He didn't arrive fast enough.
>>
>>81996823
You do realize they only get 50% of the profit at best?
>>
>>81996758
Spidey
>>
>>81996863
>It's a dangerous thing, you know
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: lol (2).jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol (2).jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>bad reviews are what tanked BvS
>>
>>81996991
But he can get from America to Africa in a heartbeat when his girlfriend is being threatened.
>>
File: 1405543258320.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
1405543258320.png
106KB, 346x327px
WB/DC has so much potential and the angle they are going with could come out to be really great if they had some better on instead of Snyder. Marvel movies seem to be going to a dark place with each new movie. The overall themes seem to be leading to something bad. DC is starting with the opposite and I think it give them a really interesting take. Everything is starting off dark, so that way you can really see them rise into brighter days. The problem is I don't think Snyder is the guy that can pull this off. But still the worst of it is over. WB/DC finally has other people than Snyder directing their movies, So at least they have a chance of being great movies.
>>
>>81996949
You must be joking, that was way after the battle started, most people evacuated already as you can clearly see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya3NETEnecw

And there's the scene of Cap saving those people from a bomb, can't find it right now
>>
>>81996758
Spiderman, maybe?
>>
>>81997020
Either he's talking about homoeroticism or he's talking about accidentally letting a moment of levity into one of his movies.
>>
>>81997011
Bigger movies like Force Awakens can negotiate closer to 60% but in general you are correct.
>>
>>81997020
>What did he mean by this?
You are a faggot and you should die.
>>
>>81996986
> JL is partially an origin story for three heroes
But then that makes JL required watching before any of these spinoff movies. even more reason to worry.

It also means whatever threat JL1 sets up needs to be big enough to be worrying, but not so big that it distracts from the other movies in a kind of "Y'know, shouldn't we be worrying about space demons?". At least with Marvel, noone actually knows who or what Thanos is. Dr Strange will probably be the first character to do so, and probably be important in lore going forward.

My guess is that we'll get some kind of harbinger of a threat in JL1 that they defeat, and then a stinger for Doomsday to arrive in JL2, so all the intervening movies are kind of preparations for Doomsday's arrival. That Diablo-looking monster in Communion is probably the threat in part 1.
>>
File: i52^cimgpsh_orig.png (154KB, 500x136px) Image search: [Google]
i52^cimgpsh_orig.png
154KB, 500x136px
>>81994771
Because that's who he is, a cunt #teamcap

>>81997024
But they did, everyone's talking about them, even the normiest of normies.
>>
File: hartRock.jpg (47KB, 640x326px) Image search: [Google]
hartRock.jpg
47KB, 640x326px
Only one duo can save WB now. See you at Central Intelligence.
>>
>>81994771
He sounds like comic Stark to me desu, who is, in fact, one of the biggest cunts on the planet.

Reed Richards is still worse though.
>>
>>81997020
Gay subtext, fact that it sounds really weird out of context and that it might be funny by accident.
>>
>>81997024
It definitely helped. But there's was a couple of reasons of why BvS under performed.
Bad reviews.
Being too adult which alienated the parents bringing their kids.
Mix reaction from the audience casting bad word of mouth.
>>
>>81997073
The reviews are bad because the movie is bad. All those reviewers didn't decide to willfully pan a good movie.
>>
>>81996891
>>81996983
We didn't have Avengers and they didn't have 200 feet-long flying leviathan things, thousands of soldiers and a literal God on their side (well I guess that one's a matter of perspective but you know what I mean).
Also no nuke was launched against the death of 74 people, ever.

I don't even mind it, honestly, I'm not going to get hung up on that, but since the topic was brought up, let's not pretend it's that reasonable for the shit that was happening on that day.

>it wasn't a sudden ambush like a bomb exploring out of nowhere
Four assholes from /k/ showed up to shoot up a Black Lives Matter rally, they literally didn't manage to kill one person. Surprise effect only takes you so far.
>>
>>81997000
You're right, I neglected the studio cut. But the studio cut is probably more in favor of BvS. The way it works is the studio makes a deal with the theaters. Those deals usually give the theater a small percentage of the ticket sales during the first week, with the percentage gradually increasing the more weeks the movie is in theaters.

Now, the thing is, studios with good leverage(for example, a movie that is practically guaranteed to get tons of money, and make no mistake, 850 million is a ton of money) make deals that give the theater a smaller percentage for lower. For example, with The Force Awakened, theaters made ZERO percent of the profits for at least the first week, I think it was for the first two.

Now which movie do you think got the better deal? BvS, which is a gigantic property that is guaranteed a huge box office? Or Ant-Man, which despite being from a reliable franchise, is a no-name risky property?
>>
>>81997116
>make deals that give the theater a smaller percentage for lower.
for longer*
>>
>>81997032
Remember MoS? he couldn't be in Metropolis and then in the other side of the wold destroying the gravity engine at the same time, and a lot of people die because of that.

Superman is great for average day situations, but for world threatening ones he's still one guy, he might be able to deal with the big boss, but he can't deal with the big boss, the liutenants and the minions at the same time.

Also, again, he isn't omnipotent, he has a limit.
>>
>>81994525

He had Superman and Zod fight and neither broke a sweat, never mind showing a single injury.
>>
>>81997113
>Also no nuke was launched against the death of 74 people, ever.
Why are you assuming the government already knew the number of victims?
Also we're talking about alien invasion of unknown scale, if american was ready at the time to nuke a bunch of commies then they're ready to nuke such an unknown threat

You're looking for all these reasons just to hate a fucking number
>>
>>81997142
...But wait, if they've already established Superman can't deal with world-level threats, that perfectly explains the need for the Justice League.

Why would you kill Superman, thus making the League weaker, if you've already justified-

>>81994508
SNYDER!!
>>
>>81996823
Yeah what these anons said>>81997000
>>81997011 plus the longer a movie is in the theatres the less % the studios actually get. That's why opening weekend is so important most of it goes to the studio
>>
>>81997044
What the fuck is Daniel Sousa doing there? he should be at least 90 years old!
>>
>>81997112
That's right, logical and all, but, if my anecdotal evidence counts for anything, most people who shit on it didn't even watch it. They saw bad reviews, not the movie itself, and then started spreading the news, without judging for themselves.

I'm definitely not saying that the reviews came from nowhere.
>>
>>81997044

yeah and those aliens sure are gonna stay in that evacuated area where noone is there to be attacked.
>>
>>81997073
>Tony's side is sour
Lelelelel
>>
>>81997082
They're both set to star in the Jumanji reboot too. Kevin Hart presumably playing Robin Williams part and Dwayne playing the hunter.
>>
>>81994508
>>81994525
>>81994529
This patetic Snyder guy is so salty, it actually motivates me to become "Marvel defensa force" and I hope Civil War gets certified fresh on RT and 1.5 billion dollars just to see him get a meltdown.

Everytime he explains something the movie becomes more stupid.

He cantón just admit he took Superman out because he's Batman fanboy, ironic, because Superman staying in (space) the sun until his return ala ASS por JL3000 would've been a lot cooler than floating dirt while also providing a reason for the guy to regenarate himself in a universe where the fortress of solitude doesnt exist.

And about his second jab, I love how he selectively forgets every Avengers movie has them actually saving people and evacuating them from the battlefield, instead of the hamfisted "dont worry this whole part of the city is unhabited" shit he pushed 3 times in BvS, convinient as fuck, Hack.
>>
>>81994771
To be honest, that 15 yo kid is probably stronger, faster, tougher, etc than 80% of the avengers AT THE SAME TIME.
>>
>>81997197
The Avengers specifically formed a perimeter to try keep them around the tower area. Hawkeye was shooting those getting too far, Thor was slowing down those still descending from the portal, IM was acting as bait making the Chitauri follow him, and so on

You're purposefully ignoring/forgetting about scenes to support your argument
>>
>>81997070
>But then that makes JL required watching before any of these spinoff movies. even more reason to worry.
Oh yeah it's pretty terrible. All those people need a reason to be in this movie, and we've seen how good Snyder is at giving secondary characters a reason for whatever the fuck they're doing here (Is she with you? I thought she was wiith you! K, let's fight!).

I definitely think they should have made more solo movies before BvS and of course JL, to test the waters in many ways.

>Doomsday in JL2
What again? The big thing for JL is Darkseid, it's set up in BvS already. JL1 will be mostly heroes fighting each other again, probably because of Lex again. You can cap this.
>>
>>81995587

Cute sister incest is hard to defeat.
>>
BvS is actually a really great music video.
>>
Get >>81997197 fucking wrecked >>8199728
>>
>>81997197
I love how DCucks laught at marvel movies for being "too dumb" but then they can't see what's in front of their faces.

Did you actually watch the movie? be honest here.
>>
>>81997196
If you're conceding that the reviews are accurate enough to be trusted, then you can't blame people for trusting the reviews. That's what the reviews are for, to help people make informed decisions as consumers.
>>
>>81996100
I wonder if in 2008, people were just saying that Iron Man was "flavor of the week."
>>
>>81994508
>snyder still doesn't get it
>It's not that people died in MoS, Batman vs Superman or the Avengers
>It's that only the Avengers are shown to actually try and help people instead of just acting like what they're doing has no consequences

How is this so hard to understand?
>>
File: 1453929159015.png (581KB, 698x566px) Image search: [Google]
1453929159015.png
581KB, 698x566px
THERE
ARE
PEOPLE
WHO WILL
LITERALLY
DEFEND
FUCKING
SNYDER
>>
>>81997288

look at that parameter in this scene. >>81997044
>>
>>81995110
In the dceu honestly wonder woman
>>
>>81997097
I miss Reed in the MCU. Him supersciencing the next problem into existence with Tony is always fun.
They replaced that dynamic with Banner but it's just not the same.
>>
>>81997389

I meant this scene >>81996949

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-4xnb77Lk
>>
>>81997399
>but it's just not the same.
Mostly because Banner is a good person, Reed is a fucking cunt who doesn't care about the wellbeing of others, only solving his puzzles.
>>
File: 1460408563791.jpg (24KB, 468x354px) Image search: [Google]
1460408563791.jpg
24KB, 468x354px
>>81997389
>>81997416
>Forget about the scene that proves me wrong, look at the out of context scene that could prove me right!
>>
>>81994508

Absolutely fucking right about the last part. And not to go full company war (I couldn't give a shit about who's doing better, just that both are doing well), but I really feel Civil War will propose the notion of the Avengers being held accountable for what happened, only to nope out of it and there continuing to be no consequences.
>>
>>81997172
You don't launch a nuke on New York on a hunch.
>american was ready at the time to nuke a bunch of commies
They never did though.

I just said I don't hate it, I barely care about such a minute detail, I'm just not going to agree it's realistic in any way though.
>>
>>81997427
As horrible as a villain Ultron was, he makes the best reaction faces.
>>
>>81997427
>tfw someone saved your pic
I didn't know it felt this good
>>
>>81996810
>Thor wasn't popular for shit, and his movies were still relative successes
There are two reasons Thor got popular: norse mythology and Tom fucking Hiddleston, who single-handedly saved the character he was playing.
If not for the guy, Loki would have been a perfectly one dimensional asshole, ruining the world for shits and giggles. Tom instead brought some of his Shakespearean theater experience to the role and made him as troubled as he could.

Thor movies are still relatively bad, even by MCU standards, but he tried and he deserves credit for this.
>>
>>81997445
>Sokovia Accords
>probably means people died in Sokovia which is a huge lead-in to the Civil War in the first place
>there continuing to be no consequences

I mean it's even in the fucking fine print man.
>>
>>81996985
X-Men just had alternate timelines, not full-blown alternate universes. Dr. Strange beat DC to it with its "there are other worlds".
>>
>>81997427

what does it prove? the police can't do shit against the shitauri, cap requested the evacuation right after the invasion, doesn't mean it'll happen between a few minutes, one hour at best and yet they take their time to watch Banner in his motircicle while shit was going down.
>>
>>81994594
The king of fucking Wakanda dying in front of his son, who now has the throne and his entire kingdom thrown on top of his shoulders, while the killer is protected by Americas White Knight, is nothing?
Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up
>>
>>81997506
>Black Panther's origin relies on the consequence of Bucky's Winter Soldier gig
>still no consequences
People will believe what they want to believe.
>>
File: House Party 3.gif (258KB, 170x350px) Image search: [Google]
House Party 3.gif
258KB, 170x350px
>>81997424
>Reed is a fucking cunt who doesn't care about the wellbeing of others, only solving his puzzles
Now I want Hugh Laurie to play Reed.
>>
>>81997424
Eh, depends who writes him.
I understand him becoming a heartless cunt is interesting but it's made more interesting by previous more positive portrayals of the character.
>>
>>81997503
>the police can't do shit against the shitauri,
They can help people escape

>cap requested the evacuation right after the invasion, doesn't mean it'll happen between a few minutes
The scene you posted doesn't happen "a few minutes" after the start of invasion, in-universe it must've been at least, not at best, an hour

>they take their time to watch Banner in his motircicle while shit was going down.
They were re-grouping to think a new strategy, they successfully evacuated the area but the aliens kept coming no stop. Plus Tony was still flying around to fight
>>
>>81997495
They're talking about other words as in other planes of Existence like the Dark Dimension or the Crimson realm of Cyttorak, which are still part of the same reality in the multiverse designation.
It's weird, I know.
>>
File: Stephen-Fry-web-image.jpg (878KB, 650x478px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Fry-web-image.jpg
878KB, 650x478px
>>81997525
I never knew I wanted this.

Stephen Fry for Doctor Doom.
>>
>>81997525
He literally stopped working on the cure for cancer because his attention shifted to making doritos that don't dust your fingers, not fucking joking here.
>>
File: 1458703484504.png (114KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458703484504.png
114KB, 250x250px
>>81995835
Snyder, pls.
You can't even made a self contained movie
>>
>>81997550
So it's just the same as the Nine Worlds in Thor?
>>
>>81996476
>a villain having depth and more emotional range than a brick is "bizarre"

Holy shit, never watch anything more complex than Barney the purple dinosaur...
>>
>>81997503
Bats and Supes take their time to do the "she with you?" act while Doomsday is fucking them up
>>
>>81996746
Ironically, they've been abandoned and made into a crime den.
>>
Avengers has the best cheese song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcEo7oWkAW0
>>
>>81994680
>The bombing was the final push Bruce needed to go fight Clark

Bruce believed the bombing was committed by wheelchair guy because he had become a crazy person who writes manifestos on uncashed checks.

Why would that make him want to fight Superman more?
>>
>>81994508
Zack must be livid at this point.
>>
>>81997542
>They were re-grouping to think a new strategy, they successfully evacuated the area but the aliens kept coming no stop. Plus Tony was still flying around to fight

just accept, Whedon never thought he would have to explain collateral damage, this is a topic that came with MoS. The Avengers are only six and managed to cover one street each at best, a few shitauri or even one flying space cow, they didn't just re-group at that moment, they watched Banner comming in his slow ass motorcicle and iron man wasn't exactly fighting the shitauri either, he was leading one flying space cow straight to the avengers. Other Shitauri aren't just going to stay put waiting for their time to be punched.
>>
>>81997567
He cures this one guy from cancer in Hickman's run because he's got a good sobstory and he's like the Baxter Building's janitor or something.
I'm sure that's intended to make him look compassionate but he definitely could have thaught the methodology to others and effectively have cured cancer.
I mean it was a dangerous procedure but it's better than nothing.

It's amazing how often curing cancer is brought up in cape comics involving super science guy, and in the end it always look fucking retarded.
>>
>>81997637
Because he is bad! What if he attacked the white house and raped Obama? Who could stop him?

Unless his momma's name is Martha ofc, in that case instant besties!
>>
File: Cure cancer Wakanda.jpg (429KB, 1200x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Cure cancer Wakanda.jpg
429KB, 1200x1330px
>>81997667
>and in the end it always look fucking retarded.
Or in some cases, makes them look like assholes who'd rather see foreigners die than share
>>
>>81997663
>just accept, Whedon never thought he would have to explain collateral damage, this is a topic that came with MoS.
Now that's just not true. There are several sequences in Av1 that are clearly devoted to the Avengers working to diminish collateral damage.
I agree that the 72 or whatever number seems low but don't be bullshitting anon.

Av2's even further emphasis on "not letting anyone die" shit was definitely caused by MoS backlash though imo.
>>
>>81997663
>leading an alien to the heroes to get killed by Hulk instead of letting it loose to hurt people is not helping

Just stop posting
>>
>>81994642
the review was actually quite positive, he only gave a low rating for clicks
>>
File: 1409632518134.jpg (23KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
1409632518134.jpg
23KB, 400x428px
>You realize that Snyder Superman is the only one that makes sense to why Superman would need the JL.
>>
>>81996955
I agreed that it under-performed, but also I blame "Director Zack Snyder" doused it's hype.
>>
>>81997637
Supposedly, the idea was that Bruce would hate Supes for pushing over the edge Wally so much. As in "if that asshole wasn't here the senate would never be bombed in the first place"
I think at least

But the problem with this plan (hell, with ALL the plans in this movie) is that it relies too much on conveniences
Bruce conveniently didn't care about Wally enough to visit him even once in those 2 years, his workers conveniently never thought of informing him about all those uncashed checks, Lex conveniently knew Bruce was Batman (we know he found out about Supes through Lois, how did he figure out the fucking Batman?), Supes conveniently didn't use his x-ray vision, Bruce conveniently is stupid enough not to think there was something fishy about those weird messages, and so on
>>
>>81997736
Justice League Unlimited's is even weaker than Synder's Superman, anon.
>>
File: butthurt.png (133KB, 548x684px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.png
133KB, 548x684px
>>81997663
>Shitauri shitauri shitauri

Holy shit, are you the "Civil War, more like Civil BORE" guy?
>>
>>81997603
Oh shit, I never heard it.
>>
>>81997720
In that case that was at least semi-intentional though. The Wakandan higher-ups besides T'Challa are often portrayed as xenophobic.
Still pretty poorly written and used as "that one miracle cure" to show how smart as fuck they are, like with Lex in whatsitsname.
>>
>>81997769
But the movie Chitauri were shit. The frost giants had more personality.
>>
>>81997769

no, I'm not and I could've googled it but I didn't care that much.
>>
>>81994878
If only he was RE-tired
>>
>>81997776
>In that case that was at least semi-intentional though. The Wakandan higher-ups besides T'Challa are often portrayed as xenophobic.
Except in this is Hudlin's run. Here, Hudlin's intention was to show just how awesome Wakanda is and how much other countries suck. We're never given any indication we're supposed to think anything bad about Wakanda.
>>
>>81997809
T'Challa reacted very poorly to that whole thing though, that's the fucking point.
Certainly there's some "wow they're so awesome at science" like I just said there is every time the cure for cancer is brought up, but their refusal to share it is not portrayed to be noble.
Yeah Hudlin sucks and everything he writes is hamfisted but let's exercise at least some basic reading comprehesion.
>>
>>81997792
>But the movie Chitauri were shit. The frost giants had more personality.

Well, they are just Thanos lackeys, intergalactic soldiers for hire.

Still better than that dude Doomsday who was in and then died in about 10 minutes. This is Doomsday for Chris Sake! He should be in his own epic showdown movie with Supes.
>>
>>81994985

That's better than retroactively saying there were almost no civilians nearby when there were clearly hundreds nearby in the movie.
>>
>>81997887
When has Doomsday ever been anything than a big dumb beatstick, anyway? As a character he's never been anything more than an excuse for the Death of Superman. Whenever they bring him back, he still does the same thing, roar and punch stuff until brought down somehow. At least Bane went on to do other stuff after he broke the Bat.
>>
>>81997898
>retroactively
Where this happened?
>>
>>81995950
>who the hell cares about Zatanna?
Paul Dini.
>>
>>81998257
how he married his waifu I'll never know
>>
>>81994508
wow can this be any more of a clickbait inciting company wars shit?
And yes I'm talking about both the original article linked and the faggot OP.
>>
>>81996920
That comic actually came after Obama did a comment on how one his favorite superhero as a kid was Spider-man.

It's in that Netflix Documentary about comic books, episode 3.
>>
File: Nicole.jpg (78KB, 389x793px) Image search: [Google]
Nicole.jpg
78KB, 389x793px
>>81996184
>He's become a more obnoxious meme character than cats
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.