[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didio on the rumored 2 year storyline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6

File: DC_Rebirth.jpg (77KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth.jpg
77KB, 1024x689px
>Before anyone else goes jumping to the wrong conclusion, let me be clear, there is a long term story planned for the DCU but, by no means, does it include every story line from every series. Not only does that sound silly and overwhelming, but would be nearly impossible to manage.
>Rebirth highlights the strengths of our characters, building on what makes them special and individualistic and we expect their stories will do the same.
>The DC Universe Special on May 25 perfectly sets up the sense of a shared universe and the uniqueness of our characters. Many questions will be answered as new questions arise. So, If you really want to know what's happening in the DCU, don't miss that book.
>All the best, DD
>>
4chan won't let me post a link due to spam filters, but it's on his Facebook
>>
>>81964940
no...fucking....thanks.
>>
>>81964940
>We want that Marvel money so prepare for the harper Row/Chinaman teamup!
>>
>>81964940
DC is so fucking bad at PR

And people are too burned out by Marvel's relaunching and events that BC's "news" will still have people side eyeing Rebirth no matter how untrue it was. even if DC went an entire year and then some without an event and the last one was just two months long.
>>
>>81965470
More than that. They want fans of the real DC to start buying this shit, but they also want to keep the Nufags who love what DC became. So instead they make some fucking compromise that pleases noone. Don't like NuSuperman, here have Superman Classic stuck on our shitty Nu earth. He can't do anything because of the constraints we've put on him and he doesn't get to be relevant, but whatever.

What, you miss Wally West, well sure you can have NuWally. they're virtually the same. Classic Wally was from the Midwest. A bit of a hothead with a heart of gold who idolized his uncle Barry and grew into a hero who helped people because it was the right thing to do. But out NuWally is just like that except he is a black kid from the inner city, filled with cynicism and shit.

And Wonder Woman fans, we hear you. Half of you hated Nu Wondy and half of you loved her. So we went out got Rucka, the man whose most memorable moment on the character was when she snapped a man's neck on live television.

But hey, at least the Titans are back. Sure most of them are unrecognizable, just like Steph Brown, Cass Cain, Tim Drake, Cassie Sandmark and Conner Kent. But fuck you guys because you'll buy our comics either way. Even if you don't, enough classic fans will be fooled by this bullshit to save our jobs.
>>
He's being really unclear (because why wouldn't he force you to buy a comic just to know what the fuck DC is doing) but it kind of sounds like they just have a big crossover event in 2 years and there will be some build up
>>
>>81965470
>DC is so fucking bad at PR

I mean really, what do you do in a situation like this?

The issue is that so much of comics discussion is predicated around Rich Johnston, a slimy motherfucker who uses kernels of truth (there's a long term overarcing storyline for Rebirth) and spins it as something awful (EVERY DC BOOK IS TYING INTO THE SAME 2 YEAR STORYLINE) and that suddenly becomes the narrative in comics discussion.

It's a constant losing battle.
>>
>>81965761
That's exactly what he means

It's literally like any other event ever but Rich wanted some clicks so he blew it out of proportion
>>
>>81965761
That's because he has no idea what will sell. He's throwing things at the wall. Superman sales are in the toilet. Green lantern continues to tank. Batman has been good, but that team just left and now they have to search desperately to find someone to fill the void. Wondy has proven resilient. But most of DC is struggling.
>>
>>81965836
>desperately
Tom King was an obvious choice. Pretty much everyone was saying he'd probably be on Batman after Grasyon.
>>
>>81965836
Was just about to say this >>81965856

I love how its always stupid faggots like that guy that don't read comics and base all their opinions off clickbait sites that go in this thread and type whole paragraphs of their dumbass opinion.
>>
>>81965749
Is this pasta?
>>
>>81965749
>So we went out got Rucka, the man whose most memorable moment on the character was when she snapped a man's neck on live television.

lmao shut the fuck up you retard you don't know shit
>>
>>81965891
It's the average opinion of a comic fan actually
Go anywhere but /co/ but you'll see
>>
>>81965856
maybe, but he's an acquired one. And replacing Capullo is just as important. Snyder and Capullo captured lightning. We'll see whether King can pull it off.
>>
>>81965749
>So we went out got Rucka, the man whose most memorable moment on the character was when she snapped a man's neck on live television.

Oh right so it IS bait
>>
>>81965879
I like how you Kingfags always shit up threads.
>>
>>81965993
The only reason to hate King is to be a contrarian
>>
>>81965911
>>81965990
Wow, comblr is out in force, isn't it?
>>
>>81965836
>that team just left and now they have to search desperately to find someone to fill the void
They gave Snyder his own title so it's more like they shoved him off to make way for the one guy that everybody has noticed out of all their new writers
>>
>>81965993
Oh has King become popular enough that co decided they hate him now?
>>
>>81965966
People love Finch's art for some reason and Janin is probably the best artist who uses poser.
>>
>>81965993
Moment Batfags turn on him, King's popularity on /co/ is done.
>>
>>81966027
Rucka is probably the most celebrated wonder woman writer working right now. How the fuck is that /co/mblr?
>>
>>81966056
He went from the lesser known Grayson writer to Batman writer in two years, and he keeps praising Snyder's run because they're working together.

Of course /co/ is gonna turn on him
>>
>>81966026
No, I hate you for reactively attacking anyone who doesn't properly flagellate themselves before your lord King.
>>
File: 1454083416286.jpg (50KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1454083416286.jpg
50KB, 514x536px
>>81965749
>>
>>81966047
>Everyone's noticed

Which is why everyone one of his books not named Grayson sells for shit?
>>
>>81965966
Kek I can tell you are a casual faggot. Snyder's run was awful after Court of Owls.
>>
>>81966099
>Rucka more celebrated than Morrison and Azzeralo

That is the definition of comblr SJW
>>
>>81965921
>pre-flashpoint Superman nuh gud nuff
>hating Rucka Woman
>not knowing Wally comes out of Rebirth
>thinking Rebirthboy is Conner
>seeing Cassie anywhere

Jesus
>>
>>81966161
/co/'s opinion on Snyder's quality doesn't matter, it was DC's best selling title for the most part.
>>
>>81966133
What are you talking about? That faggot, who may be you, said DC was "desperately looking" for a new team for Batman when actual comic readers have pretty much known it was gonna be King for month and been happy about it. I wasnt attacking you because you dislike King, I was saying its clear you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>81966161
>Casual

Snyder's run was the only DC book to constantly sell in the 100,000 issue range. Things like that allow you indie fags to have your precious quirky books Prez.
>>
>>81966208
That was because of Batman not Snyder. As a decade long Batman reader I will actually buy Kings issues. Snyder was a hack apeing Morrison poorly.
>>
>>81966185
>Morrison and Azzeralo
Oh right so you're the tumblr anon
>>
>>81966185
fuck right off. all three can be good
>>
>>81966321
No only the rapeazons are good.

Better for the mythology and my dick.
>>
>>81966185
Oh I get it, you're a newfag
>>
>>81966250
Check out Batman's monthly sales chart history. He was only topping them with Hush, Morrison, and Snyder.
>>
>>81966027
>>81966185
this buzzword has become "people liking what I don't like" hasn't it

good
>>
Defend shitty PR advertisemnt speak from the guy that has objectively been doing a terrible job managing the greatest properties in the medium all you want guys. I can only hope one day you can learn to become introspective about your loyalty.
>>
>>81966397
Rucka already said it was optional like a week or two ago
>>
>>81966397
>defend

No one is defending him, anon.
>>
>>81966370
Kek dude Snyder's run came right after Morrisons. This is more due to the fact that Batman is popular than Snyder's. Id be willing to bet Kings sales numbers stay on point, maybe better because the reader's Snyder alienated with hating Bruce and Damian.
>>
>>81966397

They should do what Marvel is doing and shill themselves the fuck out on a normie news website owned by WB instead of waiting for Rich the Hack to spread rumours in his website first.
>>
>>81966160
Name any other writer in the past couple years that's gotten half the attention that King's gotten anywhere
>>
>>81966502
If Snyder/Capullo didn't resonate with the majority of comic buying plebs, sales would have fallen off just like they did after Hush.
>>
>>81966111
>he keeps praising Snyder's run
This and Finch have honestly killed all my hype for his Batman. I still love the guy and will pick up his Batman and any other book he writes. But for teh Batman title, they hype just isn't there anymore.
>>
>>81966502
Or King's goes lower due to it double shipping, batfamilyfags wanting 'Tec despite Tynion being shit, and Batfags wanting ASB due to Snyder being more familiar and proven to be good in their eyes.
>>
>>81966575
Do you really think he is going to shit all over the run of the guy that he's working closely with?
Like really and truly.
>>
Snyder's run was like Johns on Justice League. I kept thinking it would get good. That something might happen. And nothing ever did. It looked pretty but was garbage storywise compared to late 80s to mid 2000s Batman.
>>
>>81966575
Dude, he literally works with Snyder. Do you expect him to start throwing a bunch of shade on a guy who is in the same building? Not only that, bit shitting on Snyder would be retarded publicity.
>>
>>81966598
You seem to fundamentally misunderstand who are "Batfags". Most long time readers disliked Snyder's run because it shit on Bruce, it shit on Damian, and it all but ruined the Joker.

Batcasuals liked Snyder and they will like anything with Batman. Again this is how I can tell you've been reading comics for less than 5 years cause you can't seem to differentiate long time readers with new readers.
>>
>>81966645
Late 80s and mid 2000s was mediocre as fuck.
>>
Is Ollie channeling some white lantern bullshit?
>>
>>81966630
>>81966647
I'm not looking for him to shit on Snyder's run and I expected him to praise it. It's the amount of praise he does which is more than necessary. And I haven't seen him praising other runs either.
>>
>>81966710
>>
>>81966705
>late 80s DC
>mediocre as fuck
And what would be a good era then, anon?
>>
>>81966645
Mid 2000s? You mean when shit like war games came out? Batman was kind of shit for the first half of the decade and really only picked up when Morrison took over. That's why there was a drop in sales after Hush: the quality dropped (Hush was crap too, but at least it appealed to casuals)
>>
>>81966670
>I don't like it
>Others also don't like it because I don't like it
Nah you're retarded.
>>
>>81966754
Kek ive been in countless threads where this has been confirmed and talked to countless people. Just admit youve only been reading comics since Snyder's run and stop making yourself sound so dumb.
>>
>>81966741
>sales dropped then because Batman was bad then
>sales didn't drop now because of Snyder despite his Batman also being bad and nobody liking it

Yes, of course...
>>
>>81966821
>despite his Batman also being bad and nobody liking it
You're fucking delusional if you think /co/ represents the entire comic community
>>
>>81966859
That's what I'm saying
>>
>>81966859
The difference is the comic community outside of /co/ by and large are new readers. Some arent but most are due to the superhero boom. Why cant you grasp this?
>>
>>81966735
I didn't like late 80s, everyone seemed like they were asked to ape Miller. I love late bronze era/pre Millerization, early Bronze era as well as the stuff that post road to No Man's Kand. I also like Morrison/Dini but that shit is just as much of casual favourite as Snyder. And aside from Joker stuff, Snyder has been solid with few hiccups like weak ending to COO, sort of boring first half to Zero Year.
And late 80s DC aside from Batman and Superman was goldmine, I'd never say that era is mediocre.
>>
>>81966886
This. Snyder basically alienated old readers to bring in new readers and King may bring back those old readers. Thats what happens when you leave a writer on a title for that long.
>>
>>81966886
And here I thought New 52 didn't bring in any new readers!
>>
>>81966930
Only idiots say that
>>
>>81966705
Late 80s Batman was a mixed bag. You have the Killing Joke, Year One, and Morrison being pretentious as all hell with Arkham Asylum, but you also had Mike W Barr's cancer, particularly with Year Two and Son of the Demon.
>>
>>81966886
It isn't if you go on forums. And /co/ is just as casual as the rest of the Internet, maybe slightly less so. Just because /co/ fellates Morrison doesn't make them not casual.
>>
>>81966985
No. I hate Snyder's run, so any seasoned comic fan would hate it too. He shat on everybody.
>>
>>81966985
Im just talking in general. Idk why you are getting so offended. If you poll the people that dislike Snyder vs who like him I guarantee you will see a trend of new readers vs old. He bastardized Bruces characterization, hated Robin and the Batfam and crapped on the Joker.
>>
>>81967020
>I hate it
>everyone else hates it too, I s-swear.
That's not how it works anon. A lot of people reading from way before new 52 like his run, me included. That's just /co/ mentality.
>>
>>81967037
And I don't know why you keep insisting /co/ circlejerk hivemind represents whole community. Bruce's characterization has always been uneven. Actually read late 80s, 90s and even some of 2000s.
>>
>>81967169
I have, that was an arc not uneven characterization dumbass. Why dont you read stuff prior to that so you can see how and why he progessed as a person? Snyder regressed him back to his post Jason death pre Tim personality and never used the already established Batfam. It was retarded.
>>
>>81967098
Only newfags like Snyder's Batman because all they've read other than Snyder is TDKR, Hush, Year One, and TKJ.
>>
>>81967231
>pre Tim
He was douchebag as fuck post Nightfall, No Man's Land, under Loeb. Stop talking about the stuff just to validate yourself as "not a DCasual." You hate Snyder, that's fine. Don't talk outta your ass.
>>
>>81967231
Batman Inc volume 2 was about coming to terms with Batman's inevitable regression to a particular kind of status quo. It will always happen.
>>
if dubs rich johnston is a cuck
>>
>>81967342
Batman being a jerk and learning how to not be one was a repeating storybeat after Knightquest/Prodigal, No Man's Land, Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive, and Infinite Crisis. We get maybe a few years of "nice" Batman at most before they reset him so he can relearn the lesson.
>>
>>81966916
>Snyder basically alienated old readers to bring in new reader

Oh is that why his Batman was the biggest selling DC ongoing title for nearly five years running?
>>
>>81967466
Because of Batman, not Snyder. Because of movies and cartoons and exposure. Any writer during that period would have got those numbers.
>>
>>81967521
except none of the other Bat-titles coming out at the same time got as good numbers as Snyder.
>>
>>81967037
>He bastardized Bruces characterization, hated Robin and the Batfam and crapped on the Joker.
I dislike Snyder's Batman. Not for any of these reasons and I'm a "newfag" to boot.
>>
>>81967573
And you somehow don't get that the flagship title always sells better than the side titles?
>>
>>81967348
And this was after they chopped off the legs of a seven year magnum opus as it was crossing the finish line to sell more comics, so it's not something that should necessarily be gladly accepted all the time.
>>
>>81967605
K. So Snyder's not an A list is what you're saying. I wonder how good Wake sold. Or Wytches. Really fucking good anon.
>>
>>81967707
I didn't say hes a bad writer. Just a bad Batman writer and a closet homosexual.
>>
>>81967778
>a closet homosexual.
Ah so he molested you, that's why you're so butthurt. Makes sense.
>>
>>81967858
No, I have nothing against homosexuals but literally every villain he wrote was gay for Batman, not every villain needs to call him darling and act like they are in love. Snyder is one note as hell.
>>
>>81967903
Joker's been gay for Batman since the 80s. I don't recall this from Owlman, Riddler, or Bloom.
>>
>>81968092
Dealer was gay for Dick, Owlman wanted to fuck/be Bruce, Riddler was gay for Batman's brain and Bloom was gay for Gordon.

Go read the run and take a shot everytime a villain says my love or darling. You will be blacked out.
>>
>>81965921
That heavily implies that comic fans are retards
>>
>>81970057
Aren't they?
>>
File: Maybe.jpg (67KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe.jpg
67KB, 618x331px
>>81970076
Maybe
>>
>>81966071
>the best artist
>who uses poser
Those two things are mutually exclusive, senpai.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.