[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-MEN: THE DARK PHOENIX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 25

File: JEEEEAAAAN.jpg (54KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
JEEEEAAAAN.jpg
54KB, 1200x750px
Rumor has it Bryan Singer's next X-MEN movie, slated for 2018, will be an adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga "done right".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/will-an-adaptation-of-this-iconic-comic-book-story-be-the-a139636
>>
File: 12th level suffering.jpg (22KB, 291x452px) Image search: [Google]
12th level suffering.jpg
22KB, 291x452px
oh boy

i need to storytime X-men to get anons to crop me reaction panels. i got nothing
>>
What will Fox do once they've run out of classic X-Men storylines to ape to film?
>>
>>81943792

Age of Apocalypse.
>>
>>81943792
>They still have Mr Sinister in waiting

The ride doesn't end
>>
>>81943792
Do Bendis' run

You might could make an hour long for tv film from all of it
>>
>>81943881
But that would imply having to use Scott for a main character, and we all know how much Fox hates him.
>>
>>81943792
they will probably start remaking it all over again. I mean they are already doing it...

With Apocalypse they finally have recasted all the xmen except for Jackman.
>>
File: gladiator.jpg (121KB, 442x564px) Image search: [Google]
gladiator.jpg
121KB, 442x564px
>yfw FOX does a better superman than DC

or Zod, i know gladiator is suposse to be superman but he act more like Zod
>>
>>81943922
>implying Fox will ever leave Earth with their movies
>>
>>81943482
>not an Onslaught movie to keep the decade-by-decade set-piece theme going
boooooooo
Also this implies they'll bring in aliens which greatly undermines the legitimate Us vs Them point these movies have managed to make.
>>
>>81943792

The Draco
>>
>Bryan Singer
>doing anything right
>>
It took them 7 movies to get to time travel. They still have aliens, demons, clones, viruses, and alternate dimensions to cover.

Oh yeah, and like, prejudice and stuff.
>>
>>81943482
>people complain that Snyder is lording over the DCEU
>No one cares that Singer is doing the exact same thing to X-Men

It's not enough that he has to retcon the franchise and shit all over the other directors, now he has to retread old ground and pretend it's fresh.
>>
>>81944103
I've been complaining.
I just don't understand why /co/ will defend these movies so much. Are X-fags THAT battered and desperate for content?
>>
>>81943961

X-Men aliens never give a shit about Earth.
>>
>phoenix
>ever right

Anytime the Phoenix is a part of the story it just turns into a snore fest and "muh Jean"
>>
>>81944103
Go to bed Bob.
>>
>>81944156
disneyshill pls
>>
>>81944103
I care. But I seem to be in the minority because people actually like these awful X-Men movies and keep watching them.
>>
>>81944103
>It's not enough that he has to retcon the franchise and shit all over the other directors

I'm fucking glad he shit on Ratner and his travesty of a movie.
>>
>>81944088
God I'm glad Marvel doesn't have the rights to X-Men, because all of that sounds fucking retarded.
>>
>>81944103
Because Singer is good and the anti-Snyder, he actually gets better and improves with each film.
>>
Maybe do the Phoenix Saga first so this has some weight behind it?
>>
>>81944256
Well, they could always drop the prejudice thing.
>>
>>81944103
>Gets critical praise
>Beloved internationally
>Is a household name because of these films
>Surprised at the success this single franchise has brought itself

If this was Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and it was still going into Spider-Man 6, the fringe minority of people would be saying the exact same thing. They're usually more vocal and loud when the review scores aren't as good.
>>
>>81943958
This pisses me off to no end. All my fav X stories are space stories and FOX just won't go there
>>
>>81944357
I don't think you were replying to me
>>
>>81944181
Marvel aliens never give a shit about earth
>>
>>81943482
>"done right".

They never did X-Men right

Why would they start now?
>>
>>81944103
>>81944156
>itt: People pretend that the X-Men movies directed by Singer haven't been better quality films than the majority of the MCU

In terms of shit-mediocre
X Films have Xmen 3 and the Wolverine movies: 3 (All of which Singer didn't direct)
MCU has: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2, Cap1, Thor 1 and 2.

I get that you guys may not like the changes he's made to certain characters, but you're really going to compare the guy to someone who's made 2 mediocre to shit movies that are derided by both fans and critics? I think Singer is a creepy faggot pedo too, but get fucking real.
>>
>>81943958
I think Fant4stic served as an experiment to whether their superhero films can work in space. Since it flopped, I don't think Fox will take that risk again.
>>
>>81944024
he fucks boys right
>>
>>81944684
Even the thor movies aren't the complete travesty and Origins is
>>
>>81944103
Xmen is just a platform for Singers to fuck the talent on the casting couch.
>>
>>81944689
What is GoTG
>>
>>81944689
They never went into space in that movie.
>>
>>81943889
Fuck off Benis
>>
>>81943958
>>81944548

You guys realize this franchise started in 2000 when gritty black leather realism was the coolest and is stil going on in a post-Avengers world and its most recent sequel is going all out with Apocalypse and the one before did time travel. They'd totally do space if they thought they could print money, and if Apocalypse does well they likely will. Stop making weird assumptions.
>>
>>81943881
Why the fuck have they used Magneto five plus times but still haven't used Sinister?
>>
>>81944736
Both Thor films had interesting and fun moments but were dragged down by mediocre third acts and shitty behind the scenes disagreements just like Origins. You're comparing shit aples with shit oranges. Both are disappointing pieces of shit.
>>
>>81944890
Shaw in First Class was basically a hybrid of Sebastian Shaw and Mister Sinister.
>>
>>81944946
Origins has nothing redeeming nothing. Thor had some great parts
>>81944852
Apoc is a step in the right direction but i really doubt they would go space. And if you want to do pheonix you need space
>>
>>81944890
They probably felt he was too goofy-looking for a "serious" superhero movie, though live action Apocalypse has kicked that door down for the most part.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use Sinister for a Cable and Deadpool movie eventually. He's weird enough for Deadpool to riff on him, and Cable would want him dead for being Apoc's guy.
>>
>>81945088
At first i was no

Then i was, that could work
>>
>>81943914
They have to either recast or retire Wolverine after his next solo anyway.

>>81943961
I don't think they have the rights to the Onslaught story, though they probably hold the character rights.

It's too heavily tied to non-X-men properties.

>>81944228
It's probable that after JLaw is gone, and assuming either Ryan Reynolds doesn't appear or does appear but goes back to his usual levels of appeal to audiences, they'll fall back to the $400m worldwide level they've pretty much always been at.

It's even more probable that when Jackman is gone they won't even get that much. They desperately need a breakout star but from the look of the last round of posters they're banking on Olivia Munn to head up the cast. That's desperate.

>>81944357
If this were Raimi's Spider-Man it would never have got a sequel in the first place 16 years ago, because it wouldn't have made enough money to keep Sony happy.
>>
File: 1417322985019.jpg (12KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1417322985019.jpg
12KB, 344x345px
>>81943792
I've been noticing that a lot of comicbook movies are just adaptations of arcs and not original stories. I wish superhero movies made at least some original stories so the arcs felt more special
>>
>>81945196
You want more Iron Man 2 and Thor?

All the shit movies have been origional stories. Look no further thsn trantastic4 and Origins
>>
>>81944996
Y'all are way too paranoid about boogeymen on here. I can have criticism without being an MCuck or an assmad DCFag.
>>
>>81943482
Fox probably wants to get the Starjammers online to fill their Star Wars void

>>81945327
Acting like the X-men are going to run out of stories to adapt is pure shitposting
>>
There better be aliens.
>>
>>81945440
Never said they were going to run out.
Most of their films are adaptations of the most popular X-books, it seems a fair question to ask where they're going to go after that.
>>
>>81945304
Okay, I guess I want good original stories but I suppose these movie studios can't be trusted unless they have something to base it on
>>
>>81945196
GotG was very original, and it was one of the most popular Marvel movies.
>>
>>81945304

Pretty much every MCU movie has been at best a loose adaptation of any given comic story. Except for the obvious origin stories, no single movie really follows a comic storyline.
>>
>>81945576
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about GotG. That movie felt pretty refreshing at least to me, I know a lot of Anons despise that movie. .
>>
All these people who want to jump to Dark Phoenix are stupid. You need to have regular Phoenix first because that contrast creates a lot of the weight that the Dark Phoenix storyline had. Trying to squeeze both phases of Phoenix into a single 2 hour movie is just going to short change both. Unless Jean ends up going Phoenix (somehow) to stop Apocalypse then this is just not going to end well, just like last time.
>>
>>81943482
I cringe any time the Jean as Phoenix comes anywhere near the comics

Even if 'done right' I imagine this will be awful
>>
>>81943792
That's actually what I'm wondering with a lot of these companies. X-Men is kind of writing themselves into a corner, and killing off major players like Emma Frost isn't helping.

Though, I would not be surprised if they do the School Bus explosion.
>>
>>81945709

Jean going Phoenix to stop Apocalypse kinda makes sense actually so they won't do it
>>
>>81945549
They've done GLMK, Dark Phoenix, DoFP, Whedon's cure, the Wolverine mini and now an apocalypse story that's not AoA. They haven't even touched stuff like Genosha, Legion, the mutant massacre, house of M etc. They haven't made very many movies and have only released 3 in the post MCU era. You might aa well ask what marvel is going to do when they run out
>>
>>81945751
A bloo bloo bloo muh school bus
>>
>>81945692
Bo one despises the whole thing. Just some anons hate the ending. Which is a valid complaint. Its why Ant Man imo is better than GotG the ending was far more satisfying.
>>
>>81944684
>Iron Man 2 so shit it has to get mentioned twice
>>
>>81945185
>If this were Raimi's Spider-Man it would never have got a sequel in the first place 16 years ago, because it wouldn't have made enough money to keep Sony happy

Spider-Man 3 made the modern-day equivalent of a billion dollars, they only parted ways with Raimi over creative differences and because they thought they'd be fine without him
>>
>>81945819
It's a pretty shocking moment and memorable moment from the last decade of X-Men comics. Why? What do you want?
>>
>>81943482
Too bad Sophie Turner is a shit actress
>>
>>81944986
Isn't that the guy that played anakin skywalker?
>>
>>81945751
I don't really blame Singer for killing of Emma when First Class got the worst actress for her.
Seriously. It was bad.
>>
>>81945776
>that's not AoA
Please, they're going to kill Apocalypse in this movie, and we're never going to see him again and you know it.
>Genosha, Legion, the mutant massacre, house of M
House of M is the only thing that comes close to the popularity of those other stories, and it still falls short.
>what marvel is going to do when they run out
At least they're trying to be original. GotG and by the looks of it most of Doctor Strange (outside of the origin) will be new content.
>>
>>81946063

January Jones is perfect for Emma, the script was bullshit and she was just a henchman tho
>>
>>81946063
He could have just recast her.
>>81946165
Looks, MAYBE, but she's a shit actress anyways. Script didn't help at all.
>>
>>81943482
She looks really cute in that picture
Why does she look so ugly in the others?
>>
>>81946206
Makeup, and she's wearing her hair down now.
>>
>>81944852
>gritty black leather realism
There was nothing gritty and realistic about the early X-Men movies. The black leather outfits were just a product of the time with The Matrix being the most popular thing in the world.

Fox SHOULD be doing outerspace stories by now. They've got the Starjammers, Shi'ar, Galactus, Silver Surfer all just sitting in a dusty attic waiting to print money, but they'd rather just do another boring X-Men movie on Earth that we've seen for 15 years.
>>
>>81946061
yes
>>
It's pretty amazing Singer is going to get to ruin a franchise in the same way twice.
>>
>>81946310
By leaving to direct a Superman movie?
>>
>>81943482
doesn't matter because Sophie Turner is a horrible miscast
>>
>>81946337
If teenage Jean is as annoying as I imagine her to be, I can think of nobody better to play her than Sansa Stark
>>
>>81945647
And thank God for that
>>
>>81946392
Well, the ogre ones much more annoying
>>
File: 1426953080937.gif (589KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
1426953080937.gif
589KB, 245x176px
>>81944103

>people actually believe that singer has been good for the xmen franchise
>some even going as far as to compare singer to our comix cinema lord, zack synder
>>
How much do you think Disney would need to cough up for the rights
I think about 10 billion is a good offer
>>
So crazy idea

Fox and Disney stop measuring dicks and decide to work together on a House of M trilogy first and third movie follow the main cast and second follows the side stories like hulk in australia
>>
>>81946707
Considering what Marvel could do with the franchise, yeah, that sounds about right.
Even keeping the universes separate they could make that back in no time.
>>
Deadpool proves 1 thing. In the capeshit wars, Fox is set to win.

Fox could drop the X-Men brand completely and make New Mutants completely independent of it. They could do X-Force or X-Factor. They could forget mutants, go into space and make a Starjammers movie. Do a random movie of the Shiar-Skrull war with Annihilus too. Do a freaking Gladiator movie, a Quasar movie. Team them up with Silver Surfer then do an Annihilators vs Galactus movie. They could take all the Fantastic 4 villains they've been unable to build to and make them X-Men villains.

Oh wow, Dr. Strange is bringing magic to the MCU? BAM! Excalbur movie in Mojoworld with Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Magik!

In all honesty,
None of the Fox-licensed rights are going back this century.
>>
File: 1459546945494.jpg (11KB, 261x208px) Image search: [Google]
1459546945494.jpg
11KB, 261x208px
>>81946698
>says singer is shit to the x men
What is X2
>>
>>81946707
Fox won't sell the rights back and they'd be stupid to. They're still mad at Disney for snatching Star Wars away from them, they aren't going to do business with them any time soon.
>>
>>81946806
It doesn't matter if you have the biggest missiles if you don't know how to fire them.
>>
>>81946806
Can != will

Fox does not want space stuff. They could do a lot with what they have but they suck shit at it. They need a Feige or Snyder to take control but Singer isn't that
>>
Age of Apocalypse will be Singer's 1st Xmen movie that isn't practically "Wolverine and the mutie outcasts".

Will Singer be able to maintain focus on any given narrative if it doesn't involve Hugh Jackman's shapely buttocks?

Look deeply, towards your heart for you know this to be true: this film is going to be far worse than the others.
>>
>>81946919
But they are a business
Instead of working for a few billion over several years,A giant amount for no work
>>
>>81947031
I've been generally displeased with X movies for a while, so I don't need to look that hard.
At the very least, I hope the costume designers get fired.
>>
>>81947031
>Age of Apocalypse will be Singer's 1st Xmen movie that isn't practically "Wolverine and the mutie outcasts".
Instead it will be Jennifer Cuntface and the Mutie Outcasts. I'd rather have every X-movie from here to eternity be focused around Wolverine than have that horrid twat be the new face of this franchise.
>>
>>81947104
Because they can make more than a few billion for as long as they want. They're a business, they need projects to keep their business moving forward, getting a large sum of money isn't going to help business.
>>
>>81943482
the only way to properly tell the Dark Phoenix story is to make the audience actually sympathize with Jean Grey. They will be unable to do this because they cast some chick from Game of Thrones that can't act.
>>
>>81945957
Raimi has since come out and said it's partially his fault the movie failed partially because he wanted to make it bigger when it didn't need to be.

I'm happy Tim Miller and co. learned from his error and not make things large in scale just because they can.
>>
>>81944890
Because he's goofy looking and his powers make no fucking sense whatsoever.
>>
>>81947194
>They will be unable to do this because they cast some chick from Game of Thrones that can't act.
Is she actually that bad of an actor, or does everyone just judge her off of a character that's purposefully supposed to be wooden and annoying?
>>
File: Scott lol.jpg (412KB, 1233x967px) Image search: [Google]
Scott lol.jpg
412KB, 1233x967px
>>81943660

I gotchu senpai
>>
>>81944103
Honestly, The Wolverine didn't deserve to get stepped on the way it did. It had a single, solitary lasting point they could've worked with well; Wolverine losing his adamantium claws and getting his bone claws. You could've used that to show why he can't take down Sentinels as well in the future. But nope, can't have any non-Singer stuff in Master Singer's world.
>>
File: 1379745663220.jpg (57KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1379745663220.jpg
57KB, 605x605px
>>81946848

>X2
>>
>>81947524
The wolverine was good for the most part. But it should have been a lot better. He has tons of Japan stories, they could have made it better
>>
>>81947599
The bestvof the X movies...yeah
>>
>>81947160

but what if, instead of jennifer cuntface, some other actress FINALLY replaced her as mystique?

there's a shitTON of mutants- there's no need to have any movies be entirely, singularly focused on any of them. the xmen are a fucking team- why can't singer figure this shit out?
>>
>>81947524
For what it's worth, I enjoyed Wolverine's cooky Japanese adventure more than I did Days of Future Past.
I think it just needed to trim the fat a bit.
>>
>>81947730
>Xavier
>Magneto
>Wolverine
>Mystique
What other mutants could you possibly want to see???
>>
>>81947810
it's clear that Singer is most interested in the dichotomy between Xavier and Magneto. Wolverine is there for his name and Hugh Jackman, he has yet to ever be compelling in any of the X-Men films and is only an addition as part of an ensemble rather than the focus. Who knows with Mystique. You could call it pure happenstance because JLaw got big after the casting but she was already a bigger deal in the movies than in the comics before that happened.
>>
>>81947935
>Wolverine
>is only an addition as part of an ensemble rather than the focus.

um..i think you spelled catalyst and linchpin wrong somewhere in there.

fuck i took the b8
>>
>>81943482
yet these fucks won't properly do Rogue right.
>>
>>81947810
I would like Singer's faggot ass to give me a proper live action version of Cyclops. This seems unlikely, however, since Singer really does seem to hate the character.
>>
>>81948153

Outside of his solo movies, Wolverine hasn't been the focus since X1 and X2.

He's a framing device and secondary character in DOFP.
>>
>>81948261
Where do people get this idea since it was Ratner that fucked over Cyclops, not Singer.
>>
>>81948396
I blame his lackluster performance in X1 on the actor, I blame his brainwashing and disappearing act in X2 on singer, I blame him getting phoenix'd in the first act on Singer and Ratner because they're little girls who can't share toys.
>>
>>81948396
>>81948733
He was literally taken over to WB to work on Superman Returns with Singer. And you know what? He's a shitty actor. Casting him originally was what fucked Cucklips.
>>
>>81948919

Actually he's a good actor and was one of the few good things about that crappy Superman movie.

He just got stuck with the boring stuck up no fun haver type Scott from the cartoon opposed to rogue loner badass hotcakes Wolverine.
>>
>>81948362
So he's only been the focus in four or five movies of the seven released?

>>81947935
Jackman also puts up a lot of the money.

He also gets paid a lot of the money in return.

>>81947730
You misunderstand why she's central to the last movie. It's because she's played by Jennifer Lawrence. You want her to be played by Uncle Greek Guy's wife again? Background character it is.

>>81947458
Don't know. Game of Thrones isn't really known for acting, it's known for gory set pieces, disgusting incest that everybody watches anyway, and literal pornstars you can actually see getting fucked like pornstars on the internet pretending to fuck in the background.

A lot of people wouldn't rate a lot of lead actresses, but they've clearly got followings, and they clearly started out without them. Maybe she'll surprise everybody.

>>81945957
Missed the point there, sparky, but you're technically correct the best kind of correct.
>>
>>81949040
>he's a good actor

Have you ever seen a little gem called Interstate 60?
>>
>>81944684
>Cap 1
>Bad

What.
>>
>>81944357
>>81944684
>>81944275
This is some next level bait.
>>
>>81943792
Evil Jennifer Lawrence Clone. She can morph into anything like Mystique as a horseman at the end of X-Men Evolution. Good JL loses her powers for most of the movie and its about her regaining her confidence. At the end, she morphs into God to defeat Evil JL and then turns into pure energy to travel the cosmos, setting up Cosmic X-Men storylines
>>
>>81944790
FOX, not Marvel.

They're obviously not confident enough even after the success of GotG to go cosmic, unless this Dark Phoenix rumour proves to be true.

>>81944824
My bad (haven't seen it), but space and alternate dimensions (not parallel universes as we saw in DofP) are both extremities as far as the FoX-Men universe is concerned.
>>
>>81949449

Why would X-Men even need to go cosmic? They've already spent multiple movies doing all kinds of time travel and alternate timeline fuckery that is miles beyond anything Marvel has dared dip their toes into.

And I don't even really rate GOTG. It's as plain and safe as everything else MCU, just with a different coat of paint on it.
>>
I'm cautiously excited for this. X2 was one of the biggest cock teases in comic movies so I'm up for this if he actually stays on this time.
>>
>>81944684
>Cap 1 is bad but Ultron wasn't

get bent
>>
>>81943482
Good
>>
I'll confess, I'm not really that knowledgeable about that plotline - but is Dark Phoenix a story that could conceivably work one movie after what is basically going to be her origin story?

Even if X3 completely shit the bed with it, Old Jean seemed to have a lot more setup for going Phoenix - she was an established mature member of the X-Men, and had an entire movie of her powers starting to go haywire and become more than they'd ever been before.
>>
>>81943792
>What will Fox do once they've run out of classic X-Men storylines to ape to film?
There's plenty of classic or well known X-Men stories they haven't done. Inferno, a good adaptation of Fall of the Mutants (none of this "oh Apocalypse and Archangel it's totes inspired :^)" stuff), combining X-Tinction Agenda and Bloodties, Fatal Attractions, Operation: Zero Tolerance, E is for Extinction...
>>
>>81943792
The 90s
>>
>>81943902
>>81943889
>implying they wouldn't just replace Scott with any other character
>>
>>81950003
>but is Dark Phoenix a story that could conceivably work one movie after what is basically going to be her origin story?
It'd be forced as fuck. The way they did it in the original trilogy was honestly smart. but because singer went on to do superman it all got fucked with inclusion of corporate yes man stand in director brett ratner.

You really want a movie to introduce the character. A movie to show the powers getting stronger (becoming phoenix), a movie with the dark phoenix (powers out of control).

I imagine if you really wanted to pull it off it would be possible but thered have to be some ridiculous catalyst. honestly the reason i think its kinda stupid is i just dont imagine were gonna be getting all that much jean growth and character development in apocalypse. there are so many characters and macavoy with blue katniss are still clearly the leads on this with fassbender pulling up right behind em. So i can only imagine how much screen time Jean will have in this. Which means next movie will likely be 'hey bitch you dont know has gone wild, feel something if you can i guess'.
>>
Can we not?
>>
Thought Singer was done with Xmen.
>>
>>81949157
>You want her to be played by Uncle Greek Guy's wife again?

She's been divorced from him and bearing Jerry O'Connell's children for years.
>>
>>81950247
I feel like they're kind of hinting at her expanding powers with that one scene in her bedroom, but yeah it's probably going to be rushed as fuck.
I dislike how these movies keep trying to shake things up and mess with the roster.
Just let the team be the team for a movie. Don't kill anyone, let them all work together. No breakups, have them be a real trained child army.
>>
>>81952391
I think thats what singer wanted initially. Cos he went from x1 to x2 and just added nightcrawler.

Then he shipped out for superman (worst decision for him and the x-men movies if you ask me) and nightcrawler was out and shit started getting stirred up.

I think the reason were seeing the shift in roster now is singer trying to get back to a baseline roster he prefers. He probably hated the fucking b-listers of first class and has simply been skipping forward in time until he can get a decent well known roster of x-men put together.

Personally i'm okay with roster changeups cos x-men has a metric shitload of characters to choose from.
>>
>>81952597
I'm generally fine with roster change ups too, but I feel like we haven't had THE baseline roster yet. X1 was close, but I don't think it's aged particularly well, and X2 has its own problems.
>b-listers
Daredevil is the perennial B-list superhero. The First Class roster was mostly C-list. But I agree with this theoretical Singer, I did not like that line up at all.
>>
i'm fucking tired of fox's x-men
>>
>>81952915
You know it's a problem when Ryan "Sexiest Man Alive" Reynolds and Tim "Literally Who" Miller have a better grasp on the Mutant world in one movie than the entirety of the Fox film line up.
>>
>>81952842
Honestly if you ask me I think first class could have easily been a real reboot. And a reboot done in a way nobody has done. In that it could have rebooted to the original cast of the x-men as the first class....in the time period when the x-men comic was first released.

So the same story exactly with macavoy and fassbender in the same roles. But we have the cast be jean grey, cyclops, angel, beast, and iceman, plus maybe one or two others to die or go bad (hey put morph in there right. then someone can cry about morphs death).

But wolverine....he was too popular. If they didnt wanna keep churning out wolverine movies in the current continuity set there I am convinced they would have just hit the reset button on everything and had a real x-men class for first class.
Just imagine it. 2 x-men movies setting up the first class of x-men, establishing magneto as a villain. Right now instead of an apocalypse movie...wed have giant size x-men the movie or an earned dark phoenix film.
>>
>>81952968
And they did it with five mutants, only 2 of which were X-Men.
>>
>>81953095
UM 6 mutants. One of them just hadn't revealed herself as one.........or she only becomes on at the end.
>>
>>81953132
who? his girlfriend?
>>
>>81946152
Apocalypse doesn't need to be alive in the present for AOA to work. It's a time travel story.
>>
>>81953159
Yeah. thass copycat
>>
>>81953298
nice, i really hope they touch on that in the sequel

i'd touch on that
>>
>>81944890
Sinister requires a fuckton of setup to pull off

Magneto can literally be thrown into any story and he will be atleast serviceable
>>
No Famke, no deal
>>
File: 9ikRHOI.jpg (596KB, 600x2571px) Image search: [Google]
9ikRHOI.jpg
596KB, 600x2571px
Can we just see some real bigotry from the human side? Not just saying that people are scared or whatever, but actually seeing the fear?
Are Purifiers out of the question?
>>
>>81949325
>>81949791
After Cap goes to Europe shit goes downhill quickly which should be the opposite of a Cap movie set in WWII. They relegated most of his experiences to a fucking poorly done montage. The fight coordination was shit-tier. Cap was just strong guy who threw a shield sometimes. Even Wheddon did a better job with him in Avengers. Red Skull was also wasted. The mediocrity that was TFA is the reason why Weaving didn't want to come back and why we've gotten no more Red Skull. I'm not going to forgive movie for having a completely snore inducing second half just because the first half was comfy. I literally fell asleep in the theater which is bullshit because I'm a big fan of Cap stuff. Why the fuck do you guys think they replaced Johnston with another director with little to no deliberation? It wasn't because he did a bang up job. The movie sucks. Thor 1 sucks. They both have very similar issues. I have some issues with AoU, but Wheddon delivered with quality versions of the twins and vision. Even Ultron made sense in terms of the background of his creation. The main things people rag on it for are the fucking drones and Ultron not being "threatening". But having a bunch on expendable copies is classic Ultron and the dude killed an Avenger and caused a shit ton of damage. Could have he been less jokey? Sure. But his being so similar to Tony Stark in mannerisms adheres closely to the spirit of Ultron as a character. His exchange with Vision at the end of the movie is one of the best scenes in the AoU hands-down and is very respectable to both characters and what makes them special across the multiverse. The main gripe I have against the movie was the killing of Quicksilver and Wheddon's reasons for doing so, but within the narrative of the film it worked. AoU while not perfect is way better than Cap 1.
>>
>>81948919

Mardsen is a good actor, but its clear than nobody in the production gives a shit about Scott, so the script Mardsen got had nothing.
>>
>>81953382
>Sinister requires a fuckton of setup to pull off
I'm not sure he would.
Hell if theyre planning on going dark phoenix they could roll him into that since they already spent the hellfire club coin.

Have him be a mutant who encountered apocalypse some time ago and was formerly one of his horsemen but somehow broke free.

include the cyclops orphan connection by having him be someone who ran tests on him and was frightening and considered a boogeyman by the orphans was the doctor for (boom you got the nickname mr. sinister.)

Have him in some plot to control the genetic future of the human race. so that humans evolve into mutants according to his design.. It could go any number of ways but you could easily get that character involved in a future x-men movie now that apocalypse has been set up.
>>
>>81953590
>and the dude killed an Avenger
Quicksilver was an Avenger for 15 minutes.
>>
>>81953858
Still counts, nigga. There are plenty of statues in the 616 mansion of dead Avengers who weren't around for long.
>>
>>81953858

Hawkeye only said Wanda was an Avenger!
>>
>>81943792
Mojo baby
>>
>>81954517
Oh man. A Mojo X-Men movie, with Mojo representing every instance of studio meddling in the movies as a series, and actors being swapped out on a scene by scene basis as the plot constantly gets derailed, reset, and arbitrarily changes genre.
>>
>>81943482

Done right? Well they can start by replacing Jean's actress for starters.
>>
>>81946806
It's a matter of time before F4's do.
>>
>people hate the guy who made DoFP and First Class now
but why
>>
>>81955835
He only produced First Class, and that was mediocre.
>>
>>81955767

Nope.
>>
>>81955865
You think they'll just do flop after flop every 7 years?
>>
>>81955835

The usual edgy contrarian shit.
>>
>>81943482
>Brian Singer
>"done right"

Unless it's a little boy's anus, Singer isn't doing it right.
>>
>>81955855
I don't give a fuck if you got dubs, First Class is the best X-Men movie
>>
>>81954517
>>81954623

>tfw you will never see Marvel Studios do a Mojo and the Squadron Supreme movie

Too bad the Deadpool guys are all 90s X-fans, they seem like they'd be open to the kind of batshit that is Mojoverse
>>
>>81955917
Deadpool 2's production is going to be tightly controlled anyway.
>>
>>81955835

Singer didn't have anything to do with First Class

Also First Class is the only good X-movie
>>
>>81955879

They've made three of them and only one lost money.

Yes, they will just make another one. Each time they need to.
>>
>>81955835
because they were bad movies.
>>
>>81943792

I want them to do Second Coming
>>
>>81955936

poor guys, victims of their own success
>>
Great, more years of neglecting Cyclopse.
>>
>>81946806
Fox cant cross over X-men and F4 without Marvels permission tough
>>
DoFP is overrated
the only reason it was praised so much was because everything previous to it was so shit
>>
File: Shiklah-apperance.jpg (8KB, 281x354px) Image search: [Google]
Shiklah-apperance.jpg
8KB, 281x354px
>>81953298
She doesn't get the drugs in the Movie, you pinballs.
They just put her in the torture chamber of horrors for dramatic damsel-N-distress effect.
Makes sense that she's his one truthy love...
( Even though in the comics she's a creepy stalker. )
But the whole soul-sucking succubus soon-2-B-Xwife thing really should have been movie canon too.
Where's the batty babe? ... Gotham?
>>
>>81955940
He co-wrote and executive produced the movie IIRC actually.
>>
>>81943902
I think I just realized why.
It isn't a problem in comics when we see Scott wearing glasses.
But in movies, I guess should we be seeing the optic blasts stemming from his eyes to the lense of his glasses whenever he turns his head?
>>
File: 125563341956-WTF-FOX.jpg (44KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
125563341956-WTF-FOX.jpg
44KB, 420x300px
>>81956009
FOX has good (conservative) reasons to keep him down. You shouldn't complain... FOX is always Right.
>>
File: baelish-confused.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
baelish-confused.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>81956390
>First Class was shit
>>
>>81943482
You knows, I will laugh my ass to death if X-men and Deadpool are the only two cape movies that did not end up as a disappointment and FOX is the only company that deliver a good cape shit.

What's funny is the chance of this happening is fucking high. How will you feel about it /co/?
>>
>>81957723

First Class got a lot of credit for not being X3 and Wolverine Origins. It's not bad or awful but it's definitely not all that good.

It's a rushed product slapped together from the remains of a Magneto solo movie script with X-Men bolted on, and it shows.
>>
>>81958070
What starting from now?
Or are you saying that every other superhero movie ever made until this point was a disappointment, and that FOX is about to change that trend?
>>
>>81958070
>>81958143
Oops, I mean in this year.
>>
>>81945709

I would love to see a movie set about the Shi'Ar shit.

man I loved it when the X-men went to space and shit and had actual super hero adventures
>>
>>81943482
Jean Grey is shit and should have stayed dead
>>
>>81958280
Which time?
>>
File: Jean Grey04.jpg (1MB, 1077x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Jean Grey04.jpg
1MB, 1077x1351px
>>81946206
She looks a million times better with a competent red dye job and without her hair tied back so she looks balding.
>>
Does anyone else want to see the Savage Land?
>>
>>81958427
If the question is awesome locations: why not Asteroid M?
>>
>>81958427

fuck the savage land
>>
File: Shanna.jpg (86KB, 700x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Shanna.jpg
86KB, 700x1063px
>>81958636
Mutates? Dinosaurs? Volcanoes? Sauron? Jungle laboratories? Ka-Zar cameos?

Why the hate?
>>
>>81958636

of if I could, I would. Id plop right on my my belly and shove my dick in a gopher hole.
>>
>>81958749
Ka-Zar is probably still Marvel owned movie wise.
>>
>>81944608
Until 2011ish maybe, but the last 4 years has all been earth-centric.
>>
>>81953590
I'm not as critical of TFA, but other than that this lost is spot on to me.
Age of Ultron is a better movie than half of the MCU, including the first Avengers.
>>
>>81949419
This is some next level bait
>>
>>81950247
>powers out of control
Dark Phoenix isn't really about powers going out of control.
It's about Phoenix' personality going out of control because of the power.
Dark Phoenix herself is in perfect control of her powers. The problem is that she just does whatever the fuck she wants with absolutely no inhibitions or morality.
>>
>>81945692
That's really the contrarian fever more than anything.
Although I'm sure someone will go off about how they always hateded it.
>>
>>81946848
>replying to bait this obvious
>>
>>81953052
>But we have the cast be jean grey, cyclops, angel, beast, and iceman
I hate the O5 and anyone who tries to push them as important. They aren't.
>>
>>81959023
Yeah, it's not corruption of power, it's power corrupting.
>>
File: 25irbd1.jpg (156KB, 800x790px) Image search: [Google]
25irbd1.jpg
156KB, 800x790px
>>81959091

Them coming back from the past is something that will never not piss me off.

It was bad enough all the other X-teens get sidelined by the popular X-men, now they get it in stereo.
>>
>>81959130
should've bought those poor x-teens books, then
not that it would've mattered in the end anyway, X-Men is going to way of the dodo in the comics
>>
>>81946152
Implying they are going to kill the next big actor. Poe exmachina soon to be star wars cartoon main character.
>>
File: 4be92733b4ccb.jpg (348KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
4be92733b4ccb.jpg
348KB, 1280x960px
>>81959214
>should've bought those poor x-teens books, then

That's the damnedest thing. People where. Even without the event shit New X-men was selling damn fine. Damn good even.

IT was just cancelled because of the whole re branding shit and then we got the typical writers who can't control their own nostalgia boners fucking shit up for everyone
>>
File: 1360664_b-JeanGreyCosplay.jpg (2KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1360664_b-JeanGreyCosplay.jpg
2KB, 120x120px
>>81959023
You're kinda missing the point about her powers.
She's psychic, it's all about her mind. And her psi-powers have no limits.
Just the massive expansion of her telepathy distorts her perceptions beyond what would drive the average someone insane.
Now imagine that there's no stability in the reality that you are trying to perceive because those psychic powers can change that reality with every passing thought.
Precognition, telepathy, time distortion, pyrokinesis, perfect recall, telekinesis, perceptions extending beyond known parameters of time and space?
All of those hitting at once full-bore like an acid trip that's real, and she has to stay in complete control of not only her conscious mind, but also her id: all the dark impulses of the primative instinctual human mind that compel us all to do wrong.
That's why she has a reputation among her fanbase for being heroic despite being a total hot mess who destroys planets full of broccoli people aliens.
>>
>>81958854
Fox has Ka-Zar and the Savage Land since they were featured in the cartoon, that's why Marvel has been pushing that Weridworld garbage down our throats recently.
>>
>>81959323
5th or 4th highest selling X-book at death, don't over-exaggerate
>>
>>81959130
Who's the artist here?
>>
>>81959374
iirc didn't they even retcon the dark phoenix story to say it wasn't even Jean or something? I mean when Jean was brought back in the 90's
>>
>>81959383
>5th or 4th highest selling X-book at death, don't over-exaggerate

I didn't say it was the best selling I said it was selling well and it was.
>>
>>81943482
With Sophie Turner playing her? No thanks.
>>
>>81959425
David Finch
>>
>>81959374
>That's why she has a reputation among her fanbase for being heroic despite being a total hot mess
Well obviously. She killed Dark Phoenix.
>>
>>81959433
not comparatively it wasn't. Besides, what does the O5 have to do with the X-teens anyway? O5 popped back up in 2012
>>
>>81959430

Didn't they shift blame to Maddy?
>>
>>81959451
When did he draw X-Men? Or is it just a cover?
>>
>>81959486
No Maddy came later. IIRC Phoenix just took Jean's form and the real Jean was in some egg or something. That retcon might've been retconned though by Bendis
>>
File: 1361080987959.jpg (404KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
1361080987959.jpg
404KB, 700x643px
>>81959476
>not comparatively it wasn't.

For a book with Zero A list wolverine tier characters it was selling damn well.

>Besides, what does the O5 have to do with the X-teens anyway? O5 popped back up in 2012

I don't mean them specifically. Just the the terrible habit marvel has of ignoring everyone made after the 80s. This applies to Gen X, The New Mutants, Gen Hope and the NXM and sooner rather than later whatever gen you want to call Eyeboy and Sharktits

instead of using the teen characters they have they're doubling up on silver ages
>>
>>81959430
1985, five years after Dark Phoenix it was done to bring the original X-Men back together in the original X-Factor in 1986 Marvel needed to absolve Jean of all the aliens she killed as Dark Phoenix and to be able to tell stories without an omnipotent character running around to suck up all drama

In an issue of Fantastic Four in 1985 they retconed that Jean and Phoenix were 2 different people and that Phoenix took Jean's form and left the real Jean at bottom of Jamaica Bay in X-Men #101
>>
>>81943482
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>81959520
Ehhhh it was selling okay for a book with "X-Men" on the cover which, at the time of death, was Marvel's second biggest property. Now Marvel has no incentive to push young mutants because they'd just be making new properties for Fox. That's really all there is to it.
>>
File: claremont 1.jpg (389KB, 1340x1690px) Image search: [Google]
claremont 1.jpg
389KB, 1340x1690px
>>81959544

This made Chris Claremont very angry. It reached him in his body and soul
>>
>>81959430
They introduced the whole concept of the Phoenix force being a cosmic firebird that possesses people so they could then say it was all just the phoenix force running around in a jean-shaped body, while Jean was in a cocoon on the ocean floor.
X-Men was a complete clusterfuck when they wrestled control away from Claremont. There were mandates, retcons and backtracking out the ass and the franchise was finally worse off for it.
The fact that it has been going in circles for almost 3 decades now can all be traced back to the late 80s when they first brought the O5 back together.
>>
>>81943482
>Dark Phoenix Saga "done right".
not with the shitty new casting choices Fox makes.
Just more evidence that if Marvel had the rights they'd do it as right as cyclops
>>
>>81943792

They will expand on solo characters, considering there are shit ton of them
>>
>>81959489
He had stint on Ultimate X-Men he did from New Mutants to Blockbuster for sure and did all the covers for Messiah CompleX which >>81959130 is from it's sequel Second Coming.
>>
>>81959597
At least try to get through a thought without just shitting out memes.
>>
>>81959647
you were spouting that shit long before I made this post.
The point still stands.
Anything after first class that wasn't deadpool is just garbage.
>>
>>81959430
They explained her original return from dead away as the Dark Phoenix making a Xerox copy of her to exist as and dropping her into a river inside "the Phoenix Egg", but the whole egg concept has since been retconned itself as being the embrionic stage of Phoenix resurrection.
So she was originally meant to die insane and evil, was retconned into pure innocence, was later said to be an essential part of the Phoenix, and has (of course) now turned into Phoenix is-was-and-always as Jean incarnate... or vica-versa?
So it's sorta a wash.
>>
>>81959597
Marvel hasn't made a good X-Men comic in like 10 years and trust them implicitly to make a decent movie.
>>
>>81959677
They hadn't made a decent Iron Man comic for years before IM1 and Tony Stark became the face of Marvel.
Your move.
>inb4 extremis
Only good because it served as a template for the suit's design
>>
>>81959666
Literally my first post in this thread.
Also, DoFP is top tier, fuck boi
>>
>>81959705
>Also, DoFP is top tier, fuck boi
whatever helps you sleep better.
>>
>>81945079
Sabers opt was pretty boss, and homeboy that played the Blob looked great once he had all the fat makeup on.
>>
>>81959720
If only.
>>
>>81945079
Origins is so bad it's funny. Thor 2 is just boring and bad. Thor 1 curbstomps both of those pieces of shit though.
>>
>>81943482
I hope the next movie is X-Tinction Agenda it's Apartheid theme is tailor made for the post DOFP 1980's aesthetic.

but if Fox does do Dark Phoenix, I hope they don't kill Jean at the end it's so overdone.
>>
>>81943482
So, the previous Dark phenix saga wasn't done right?
WTF?
>>
>>81945079
Sabretooth was pretty coo
>>
>>81959843
I liked X3, but Jean wiping out half the cast is a little much, you gotta keep Jean's kills as faceless as possible.
>>
>>81959882
>I liked x3
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>81959882
Oh! So you're implying that X3 was the previous DFS. I wasn't thinking about that.
>>
>>81959901
>So you're implying that X3 was the previous DFS.

That was pretty clearly what they where going for with it. I mean even in X2 they had the whole phoenix symbol appearing when she "died"
>>
File: CosplayPhoenix-1152733_b.jpg (2KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
CosplayPhoenix-1152733_b.jpg
2KB, 120x120px
>>81959843
>done right?

If you count the retcons, it was never done in the first place.
... In comics or movies!
>>
>>81959901
When else would they have done the Dark Phoenix Saga?
>>
>>81958191
Anon, unless you've been under a rock you have to have known people are loving the shit out of Civil War. It's getting more praise than any MCU film I can remember.
>>
>>81955940
Bob pls
>>
>>81943881
>>81944890
Because Sinister isn't that good. I love Sinister, but as a character, he's basically just potential that has never been realized. His only classic storlynes are Mutant Massacre, where he didn't appear, and some would say Inferno, where his role is also dubious. Honestly, the best Sinister story is his origins episode from X-Men TAS. This is also a better origin story for him than what they eventually cobbled together in the comics.

I really want Sinister to be a good villain, but on closer inspection, he really isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CREsHQzi1Rw
>>
>>81959677
>Gillen's Uncanny
That was only like, 4 years ago, anon. It's not that bad.
>>
>>81943792
If not for the fact that Havoc will likely die in Apocalypse, as Singer is killing First Class cast, Vulcan's appearance would be pretty good.
>>
>>81943482
Fox is going to keep supplying Singer with those endless supply of twinks in order to keep him aboard.
>>
>>81945822
Ant-man was crap until the last third of the movie. Overall the movie was really average.
>>
>>81961652
Its sure is a slow burn of a film
>>
>>81947810
Cyclops done right.
Havoc, maybe with some interactions with Cyclops, for the sake of contrast between brothers (not sure if they even still are brothers in FoX-Men).
Have those two as higher focus, so future film featuring Vulcan would have those two already fleshed out for facing off their more powerful brother.
>>
>>81955835
I liked First Class.
I hated that some of the interesting mutants were killed off screen in DoFP.
And with rumours that Havoc is supposed to die too, I just don't have much enthusiasm for incoming movie.
>>
>>81943792
Fox presumably has the rights to all the freaky Limbo and outer space stuff that comes with Magik and the Shi'ar, not that they'll ever have the balls to do anything interesting with them.
>tfw no Jodorowsky-inspired Labyrinth rip-off dark adaptation of Storm & Illyana
>>
singer better live up to his pervy nature and get Angel, Havok and Cyclops shirtless in this movie
>>
>>81943792
Make em again like they're doing with Dark Phoenix!
>>
>>81945692
As a hardcore GotGfag I can assure you that I loved the movie. It's a testament to the wonders you can achieve by embracing the soul of the material you're adapting without being slave to it.

I'm still not pleased about the resulting comics of course, but Gunn did a fine job rejiggering and introducing the characters for the silver screen.
>>
They still haven't done Mr. Sinister, Savage Land, Genosha, Mutant Massacre, Reavers and the Brood
>>
>>81943482
why do people even like these movies?
they're so cliched and boring

fucking capeshit
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.