[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he that neurotic in the comics. Out of books that featured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Is he that neurotic in the comics. Out of books that featured him somewhat prominently, I only read Red Son.

I saw BvS yesterday and he is what bothered me the most by a long shot.
>>
Different interpretations of the character. I kinda liked him a lot in Dawn. It was different and a huge risk. Reminds me of the Mandarin reveal.
>>
He felt like the joker.
>>
>>81923336
I thought he was great in BvS he was literally 4chan incarnate.
>>
>>81923368
this, this is what bothered me
>>
>>81923368
This. They clearly wanted Heath Ledger 2.0, but he ended up just being a petulant child. There was no equivalent to the opening scene in The Dark Knight that established the joker's danger and competence.
>>
>>81924158
they also underplayed his intelligence. like, they failed to make it an important point that he played everyone like a fiddle.
the fact that he didn't get to make an escape or something didn't help either.

if I were to describe the character of lex luthor based on this movie, hyper-intelligent wouldn't be on my list of traits
>>
>>81923336
I liked his intro where he was playing basketball.

Wish he had just played extreme Zuckerberg and pleasing some instead of getting creative and pleasing few.
>>
The part where he reveals that he had Ma Kent, and showed the pictures of her, I flat out said "He's just the fucking Joker!"
>>
>>81926087
Also I wish he had invited Clark to play one on one.

Why even have a basketball court dammit
>>
>>81926110
Same here. The "I want to prove God is evil" idea isn't all that different from "I want to prove the Batman is an agent of chaos"
>>
>>81926110
>>81926218

...Do you really think that's too low for comic book Lex? Or that he wouldn't do it if he had the chance? He was going to do something similarly twisted to Thomas Kord.
>>
He once gained omnipotence and had the power to do anything except kill superman and he rejected it for a shot at killing superman. He also built a giant Kryptonite Robot in order to take over the world as vengeance for having been rejected by metropolis, even thought they did it because he killed hundreds of teenagers in new year's eve out just to humilliate a superman lookalike.

In short, he's also nuts in the comics. He's just capable of hiding it better.
>>
>>81923336
To answer your question, no, not even close. In fact he's a very calm and collective guy, no matter what Snyder apologists here will post.
>>
>>81927285

This. BvS Lex is twitchy and manic outwardly, but comics Lex is just as sociopathic and fucking insane, he just has buckets of charisma to hide it under.
>>
>>81923355
Which was also shit.
>>
>>81923336
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT character in the comics. Literally was just Lex Luthor in name only in the movie.
>>
>>81930504
>how to spot the pleb
>>
I have seen a lot of people complain about his manic spergy behavior, but I want to bring up that there is a positive trend of highly intelligent people suffering from social problems/afflictions. It's why I think they chose to portray Lex this way around.
>>
>>81930589
>how to spot Snyder
>>
>>81930679
>I want to bring up that there is a positive trend of highly intelligent people suffering from social problems/afflictions
Is that what your mom told you?
>>
Luthor has its moments of neurotic behaviour, but most of the times he's a cool guy able to talk in public.

I have another question: do you think the whole Martha plan was in character? Because it's really sadistic
>>
>>81930992

It's totally fucking in character.

Luthor will make deals with Satan himself if it means humiliating or destroying Superman. As >>81927285 points out, he actually gave up supreme cosmic power just because he couldn't use it to kill Superman.
>>
>>81930992
I think comic Luthor would do the same, but without the whole "WITCH" thing, possibly even being pretty polite to her, apart from, you know, kidnapping her.
>>
Yeah i dont blame Zuckerberg at all
In older draft they literally had Luthor popping pills in between scenes
The jolly rancher part was perfect cuz it was evil Facebook guy, but otherwise they explicitly made him a lunatic leading a trillon dollar comapny
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.