[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice league dark: the death of magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

I loved this story so much it had action, emotion, mystery and all the other toppings it had a dc alternate universe without any retarded similarity's to the main one it was all around the second best single comic or arc I have ever read.
>>
>>81884830
To clarify I'm only talking about the story's with a name containing the death of magic in them not everything in that volume. Haven't even read the next issue yet something with flash it seems.
>>
>>81884857
Am I really the only one that liked this did everyone else just find it mediocre
>>
>>81885375
most people probably gave up on the book before that
>>
>>81885408
I guess your right there was a lot of questionable elements.
I'm glad they dialed back on the narated by madam xandau storytelling style after the first volume
>>
It appears that hunter hasent been in anything since his appearance here though I wonder if his older stuff is any good
>>
>Justice league Dark had an arc called The Death of magic
Very apt title because JLD basically raped the magical side of DC to death.
>>
>>81885718
His older stuff is like ten times better than his appearance in JLD.
>>
>>81885755
I dident really have any prior expirence with dcs magical stuff so there was not much to rape for me. What did it do wrong?
>>
>>81885375
>mediocre
I found it too be terrible.
>>
>>81885787
The whole series did nothing but cheapen the deepest lore that'd bulid up the magical side of DC.
>>
>>81885787
>making John Constantine a team leader
>fucking up Zatanna's stage magician shtick
>issue zero
>making the books of magic which was supposed to be the source of all magic into motherboxes
>killing off so many characters
>uncreative expression of magic
>terrible character designs
>>
thank god they canned the follow up to this
>>
>>81885800
I just assumed nobody hated it because nobody came in to say so.
To be perfectly honest the more I think about it the more I realise it was mostly just the climax I liked especialy the bit with zatana and the cop guy saving the citizens of the city together
I still liked most of it enough to read through it though.
>>
>>81885898
>making the books of magic which was supposed to be the source of all magic into motherboxes
Most of these sound like fair complaints but this one is in every way a good thing
Fuck any 1 object being the source of anything.
I'm glad the books ended up the way they did and I'm glad Pandora's box ended up the same.
Although not that I look at what I just wrote I'm noticing a pattern here.
>>
>>81885913
Like what you like but just know that DC had a great magical world till JLD happened.
>>
I own the first trade of Justice League Dark and I still like it.
The second one, the Vampire story was rushed and uninteresting.
Then Lemire took over... and I hated every issue more than the previous one (house of mystery was nice).
I forced myself to keep on reading until the end of the "death of magic" storyline, since Lemire was building up to that the moment he took over and I just wanted to know what he was planning.

Well, after this shit was done I happily stopped reading JLD and never thought about this retarded pile of shit again.

That's my thought about it, OP. Also, ur a fag.
>>
>>81884830
I see you haven't read many comics. At least the good ones.
>>
>>81886038
As much as I liked most of jld I have to agree with you the vampire stuff had immense pacing issues skiped over important details and stoped right at the beginning of the climax for some fucking reason.
>>
>>81886071
OP please check out the books of magic by neil gaiman.
>>
>>81886131
I think I will.
>>
>>81886038
Was there any reason Peter Miligan left JLD? I really enjoyed that first arc too and wish that Deadman had more focus than he did.
>>
>>81886312
Probably didn'tlike the editors.
>>
>>81886179
OK I just downloaded the original 4 issue series but looking at it I think it's to late at night to read it I will do so 3rd thing in the morning
Night /co/
>>
>>81886517
Good luck, anon, you're mind and taste[ /spoiler]is about to be burst open.

Hellblazer and anything with Ragman in it is a great read. Can't leave out Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Captain Marvel, The Spectre either. Lucifer and Sandman too.

DC magic is really something else and the new 52 failed it miserably trying to mostly contain it within JLD.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.