[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Jungle Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10

Just got back from seeing it. Anyone else see it yet? If you haven't seen it yet, be sure you stay for the credits.

I went there, completely ready and willing to hate. I didn't hate it. It was actually pretty great quite a bit of the time. Sure, everyone knows how the big conflict ends already, and they didn't pretend it was going to be a surprise, but it was still reasonably satisfying to see. It was clearly more serious and grim than the cartoon to a point, but they didn't completely forget the songs, but you have to wait for the end credits for some of them and for full versions.
>>
>>81866296
did they have bear necessities?
>>
>>81867042
And then some.
>>
File: vultures.jpg (399KB, 1888x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vultures.jpg
399KB, 1888x1080px
I've seen it too, and they didn't have those Vultures near the end of the animated version. The marching elephants were there, but they didn't spoke a single word.
>>
Is it true King Louis fights Kaa? Would buy a ticket for that alone
>>
>>81867338
Kaa was killed by Baloo
>>
>>81867338
Nope. It follows the old Disney film plot, rather than the books.
>>
>>81867267
There's four vultures flying around when Shere Khan arrives at the watering hole
>>
>>81867386
They don't show the corpse or discuss the outcome, so there is really no reason to assume death.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (314KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
314KB, 1920x1058px
>>81866296
This motherfucker right here, holy shit. What a villain. Akela didn't stand a chance.

Solid, solid 8/10 movie.
>>
>>81867429
Come to think of it, I've seen some vultures in the film.

>>81867438
But he/she never appears again after Baloo rescues Mowgli
Still, Scarlett Johansson did an alright job on covering "Trust in Me" at the end credits. (after Christopher Walken did his reprise) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEgkBetZY-M
>>
Kaa's song in the credits... I wanted to take a nap right there.
>>
>>81867599
They kinda left things open enough that if they wanted to make a sequel from more of the written work, they could easily do so. Kaa included.
>>
>>81867679
That kid will grow up fast, better do it now.
>>
The movie was great. /co/ has been bitching about Shere Khan not having that cultured/refined lilt, but this was unfounded...Elba was absolutely magnificent; every scene with Shere Khan was subtly menacing and stole the attention.

I really, really enjoyed the movie. Also, the post-credits blew me away.
>>
>>81867679
And believe it or not, that's excatly what Disney's planning to do. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jungle-book-2-works-jon-882624

>>81867706
Agreed.
>>
>>81867706
If I had to make a guess, I would assume a cartoon series. You can't top Shere Khan for a villain.
>>
>>81867720
Too bad most moviegoers (at least in the UK) tend to go out as soon as the director's name appears. I didn't sat through the entire end credits. I went out as soon as Kaa's song appeared.
>>
>>81867720
>Also, the post-credits blew me away.

There was nothing post-credits.
>>
>>81867783
Leaving during her song? But it was beautiful.
>>
>>81867865
Thank god Disney uploaded it onto YT. See >>81867599
>>
If /co/ going to be conflicted that Kaa was female this time?
>>
>>81868044
Not me, I don't care what sex she was, plus she has a sexy voice. I do wish Kaa was portrayed as an ancient mentor of Mowgli.
>>
>>81868142
Toon Kaa was male. He was simply shrill because he is well over a century old.
>>
>>81868154
Could happen in the sequel. She missed out on the monkey rescue, but she shows up in more stuff in the books.
>>
File: rocky.jpg (153KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
153KB, 500x359px
>>81868169
But we can always Rule63 him

BTW, Rocky have a couple of lines in it (during the Water Truce)
>>
>>81868154
Andy Serkis's Jungle Book is apparently planning to do good Kaa with Cate Blanchett doing the voice
>>
>>81867599
>a Snake telling me to trust them
no thanks I don't want the DDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAqainO76Q
>>
>>81868357
I forgot about that one... I think that shit will flop. I'll still watch it.
>>
>>81868357
Disney has stolen their thunder. Even if the movie is great, it won't make money.
>>
>>81867438
Things don't typically live after a goddamn bear mauls them
>>
>>81868583
A talking bear too!
>>
>>81868583
Kaa was three feet in diameter.
>>
>>81868683
And Baloo probably weighed almost a ton what's your point?
>>
>>81868828
Baloo was tiny compared to Kaa. Besides, Baloo doesn't kill Kaa in the other works either.
>>
>>81868044
>If /co/ going to be conflicted that Kaa was female this time?

She was female in the books. Throwing Kipling a bone regardless of how good or not the portrayal was.
>>
>>81868991
http://www.ciudadseva.com/sevacity/stories/en/kipling/kaas_hunting.htm
>>
>>81868828
Nah, he's a sloth bear, not a Grizzly. He probably weighed about 500~600 pounds.
Shere Khan still kicked his ass either way. I really though he was gonna kill Bagheera too.
>>
>>81868961
Being big don't mean shit if you don't get the first hit

Beaides she isn't that much bigger
>>
>>81869103
If it had been a nature documentary, Bagheera would have died the first time Kahn ambushed him, and Kahn would have died of his wounds shortly later. Of course nobody dies unless they expressly say so and make a deal of it. It is essentially a Disney flick after all.
>>
File: 1431919701187.jpg (69KB, 640x714px) Image search: [Google]
1431919701187.jpg
69KB, 640x714px
>>81869227
Fair enough. I don't think Kaa is dead, if only because he played a major part in Red Dog, which is the most likely sequel scenario I can see happening.
>yfw this makes tons of money for the mouse.
>yfw mini-series featuring all the non-Mowgli stories from the book.
We Rikki-Tikki-Tavi now lads.
>>
>>81869033
>'...
>"Of that we shall judge later," said Bagheera, in a dry voice that Mowgli did not at all >like. "But here is Kaa to whom we owe the battle and thou owest thy life. Thank him >according to our customs, Mowgli."
>
>Mowgli turned and saw the great Python's head swaying a foot above his own.
>
>"So this is the manling," said Kaa. "Very soft is his skin, and he is not unlike the >Bandar-log. Have a care, manling, that I do not mistake thee for a monkey some >twilight when I have newly changed my coat."
>
>"We be one blood, thou and I," Mowgli answered. "I take my life from thee tonight. >My kill shall be thy kill if ever thou art hungry, O Kaa."
>
>"All thanks, Little Brother," said Kaa, though his eyes twinkled. "And what may so >bold a hunter kill? I ask that I may follow when next he goes abroad."
>...'

This has to be the one major passage that the Disney animators based the whole character on. The cartoons are kinda a character assassination if you look at it too hard. At least in this latest film, Kaa used her vast memory to help Mowgli, which is maybe more in character.
>>
>>81869414
Your reaction when Disney uses the next Zootopia to put Zootopia and Jungle Book in the same universe?
>>
So they were saving the girl and the vultures for the sequel?
>>
Audio fucking bliss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15rUJuKCM90
>>
>>81870924
>>81870924
>mfw I was dreading this because I couldn't imagine Walken singing
>mfw it's great
>>
>>81871195
He ain't exactly a warbling nightingale, but he delivers the character better than I would have thought, so the song comes across with feeling.
>>
Your reaction when this leads to a new Tailspin series, produced with the same CGI?
>>
File: 1405743484127.png (570KB, 900x1454px) Image search: [Google]
1405743484127.png
570KB, 900x1454px
>>81871455
>wondering how Rebecca would look
>>
>>81870924
That's actually really good, is it in the movie or just something special during the credits?
>>
>>81869103
Baloo in the movie is far larger than a sloth bear and lacks the chest marking. There are brown bears in the Himalayas so I'm going with "grizzly that wandered down into India."
>>
Would I like this movie if I've never seen the animated Jungle Book?
>>
>>81871890
Full version in the credits. Short bit in the movie. When they sing the movie, they are aware that they are singing, it's not a musical like the cartoon.
>>
>>81872363
I believe so. You don't have to know the cartoon to get it.
>>
File: uh_wtf.jpg (42KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
uh_wtf.jpg
42KB, 960x600px
>>81868991
Kaa was not female in the books.
>>
Does King Louis sing at all? I kinda doubt it, but just curious.
>>
>>81873401
Like for about 45 seconds. It's exactly how you'd expect Christopher Walken to sing. It's not as organic as when Baloo sings, but it's not jarring.
>>
>>81866296
>but you have to wait for the end credits for some of them and for full versions.
what the fuck
>>
>>81873738
Ahh, that's fair I guess. Sounds fun at least, I didn't expect it to have ANY songs so I'm happy enough with a few short ones.
>>
>>81873740

There's a short bit of I Wanna Be Like You in the main movie itself, same with Bare Necessities - which is a lot more reoccuring in the score itself. Trust in Me and a full version of I Wanna Be Like You are in the credits.
>>
>>81873867
Alright, I'm okay with that.
But those three are it? I thought they wrote 14 new songs.
>>
>>81874180
No, there's only three sung songs, and Trust In Me is only in the after credits. The rest are instrumental.
>>
>>81870924
Wow. This sounds like a Christopher Walken impersonator, though. I want to see video of him actually singing.
>>
>>81874830
god fucking damn it
is the movie really that good? the original is my favorite
>>
The female wolf was fucking sexy as fuck, that fucking voice HNNNGGGG
>>
Download link to soundtrack.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UZ7frgGpZxOWI4ZHNCM1lObEE/view
>>
The kid who played Mowgli was surprisingly charismatic
>>
>>81866296
Seen it, this movie makes me want a Lion King adaptation with those kind of visual.
>>
>>81875113
Yes. I didn't expect to like it very much, and I walked out liking it a lot. I'd even go see it again.
>>
>>81876750
>>81876800
Damn, I'll go see it tomorrow then.
Sounds promising.
>>
>>81866296
This is about the closest chance to mention this. But anyone else see that Jungle Book shounen anime Japan made? Ah those Japanese, they had a female wolf go tsundere on Mowgli.
>>
>>81875587
Mowgli's mother?
>>
Johansson did pretty good, despite having essentially a short part. Her and Walken sang their respective songs well.
>>
>>81866296
Pretty cool movie. Didn't notice that none of it was real. Pretty dark for a kids movie. Three different kids yelled "NO!" at certain parts, mainly when Shere Khan yells/roars. I heard four kids crying. I heard some kids making a fuss. Man, if you have children crying from fear at a Disney Family picture, you done fucked up. Should be for 9-13 years minimum to go see it. The imagery, tone, and deaths didn't help either. No less than five animals died in this movie. King Louie, Shere Khan, Kaa, Akela, Mowgli's dad, and some background monkeys along with background buffalo. The imagery was sweet, don't get me wrong, but the only instance that you have of man is red flower, darkness, and death, you need to pull it back. King Louie being Christopher Walken was tits! But you can really hear his age and it made me sad. His and Bill Murray's. Shit, even the animals were afraid of Mowgli by the end of this. Beautiful movie, won't see it a second time, and don't take children.
>>
File: 1422219635090.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1422219635090.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>81876750
>Elephant Graveyard and the hyenas.
>Stampede where Mufasa dies.
It'd be fucking spooky m8.
>>
>>81877567
>King Louie
>Kaa
No way they're dead bro. And those kids were pussies; The violence wasn't even Star Wars or Harry Potter tier, except maybe when Akela got thrown off the cliff. That made me nearly gasp.

I guess when he starts fucking up Baloo that could be jarring, but there wasn't any blood or what have you.
>>
>>81877715
Kaa is probably alive. Louie... probably dead, but not impossible he survived. Kaa has the advantage of actually being in the books.
>>
>>81877715
Dawg, Baloo literally says "I saved you from being eaten by killing that snake" after Mowgli wakes up.

And there was a HUGE 5 STORY TEMPLE that fell on King Louie. Did you see him struggling just to knock them down to get to Mowgli? And then the monkeys clamoring over one another to free him? That's game over.
>>
>>81877800
>>81877815
Isn't there a end credits scene that shows Louie is alive?
>>
>>81876381
I like that he has scratches all over his body. A kid that gets comfy with animals would be beat to hell
>>
>>81877893
The monkeys dig him out to sing, but the credits can't be trusted, because Kahn is in them too. I kinda want him to have survived, because he wasn't exactly a terrible evil guy trying to eat anyone, he just wanted to make a deal and got excited.
>>
>>81877715
Come on man. There was a lot of fucked up shit in there for a little kid. The music was loud, overbearing, and pretty sad/angry. The movie was 65-70% in the dark or with dark colors. There was about five different fights with the animals, Shere Khan/ Bagheera, Shere Khan/Akela, Bagheera and Baloo/ Monkeys, THE ENTIRE JUNGLE / SHERE KHAN, and then the end fight of Mowgli/Shere Khan. I'm sure I'm missing some. Then Mowgli just being snatched up by the monkeys made a kid yell out cry out. Shit, almost forgot. Shere Khan/ Mowgli's dad. The entire scene of watching Mowgli's former friends looking at him with fear after he sets the forest ablaze. The men laughing by the fire. Pretty intense for a toddler.

>>81877893
Yeah, you're right. The same one that shows Khan alive too, right?
>>
>>81877815
He doesn't "literally" say that dummy. He says "I snatched you from the jaws of death, the coils of death if you will."

https://youtu.be/GB4ImYPBecE?t=24s

Kaa didn't get to live to 100+ without knowing when to run from a fight. I'd sure as hell run from a bear that got the jump of me.
>>
>>81878095
Play the next scene.
>>
>>81878061
Didn't realize we were talking about a three year old senpai. I suppose you have a more fiar point then. I saw a few 6-7 year olds though who came out unscathed.

Massive giggles were had when that one monkey was mimicking Mowgli.
>>
>>81868357
>>81868436
>>81868470
Since Disney is planning a sequel they might just up and cancel it.
>>
>>81878156
Hahaha Caught almost everyone in the theater with that one. My seven year old niece was with me. She had to close her eyes/ shut her ears with the monkey fight scene and Shere Khan plunging to his death She got a little shook up when King Louie said "found you". The damn music didn't help either. I knew it was coming but still snapped to attention.
>>
I found the scene with Shere Kahn and the wolf pups really fucked up.
>>
>>81878340
I thought for sure he was gonna eat one, haha.
>>
>>81878340
I wouldn't have been surprised if he ate one. I kinda expected it.
>>
>>81878352
>>81878378
He didn't want to eat one, he just wanted to show that he easily could. Gotta keep the fear flowing to keep everyone in check.
>>
>>81878340
Right? Especially that Cuckoo analogy? Fucked up shit right there. It wasn't enough she was sleeping, wakes up, can't find her children, but she then has to see them with their father's murderer eating and laughing.
>>
>>81878323
Yeah, I really admire the entire Louie chase. When he first comes out and roars, it's a very "Oh shit" moment because it's clear when the king gets up he isn't playing games.When he pursues Mowgli inside the temple it gets even better. The corridors of the temple were tiny and cramped, which makes him seems even more humongous than he actually is. I found it clever.
>>
>>81878446
Did mommy and daddy love someone else more than you?
But seriously, Raksha treated all her kids equally, she only coddled Mowgli because she knew he would have to leave eventually. Shere Kahn was just being a dick.
>>
>>81878446
The fuck? Dawg, the "truth" of the matter was she had this young man cub suckling at her teat and teaching him the ways of the wolf tribe. She didn't see him as anything other than her own. What's fucked up is using that unconditional love for all of her children against her to kill a child who never did anything against you.
>>
>>81878506
>It's a "Step-Dads are apex cucks" post.

Say, didn't Cinderella convey the exact opposite message?
>>
Best part
Had a smile from ear to ear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15rUJuKCM90
>>
Does Mowgli get any big foot close-ups?
>>
File: Copying my NO face.jpg (27KB, 461x400px) Image search: [Google]
Copying my NO face.jpg
27KB, 461x400px
>>81879000
>>
>>81875754
Thanks my nigga, I was looking for this earlier.

>>81878280
Ironically they just started production, or something, a couple of days ago.
>>
>>81866296
I had no expectations really, but was pleased.
>>
>>81875113
I'm gonna go see it again, it was brilliant. They really nailed the realism on the animals, especially every scene with the wolves were so fucking emotional. Mowgli blends in incredibly well with all the CGI too.
>>
>>81877613
Junglebook already made the kids in the audience cry when I watched it, the realism was brutal. Shere Khan is one evil motherfucker!
>>
>>81876750
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Lion King movie done in this same style by 2020.
>>
So I'm guessing the sequel will include the second Kaa encounter, the vultures, and Shanti?
>>
>>81885464
I somewhat doubt the sequel will lift scenes from the old cartoon, but I would not be surprised if they fit in those characters.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.