[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded this. What am I in for, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

Just downloaded this.
What am I in for, /co/?
>>
A show where a mopey superhero fails to save anyone and then kills the villain at the end. But it's good because Marvel made it.
>>
Boredom.
>>
>>81850689
something thoroughly meh. Not as bad as the haters hate it, but not as good as the dicksucker like it.

its got solid moments but a weak ending imo.
>>
>>81850689
I'm sorry, but you were tricked. That's not a comic or a cartoon you're downloading.
>>
David Tennant being fucking awesome, Jessie's resurrected girlfriend having some pretty shakey PTSD, but atleast being one of the better women marvel has hired/portrayed, and some really REALLY weak supporting characters.
>>
a show where nothing happened and repercussions matter
t. waste of your time
>>
someone post that """""""""''choreography"""""""""'' where she just threw someone on a box of cardboards like the 80's wonderwoman
>b-b-bbbut its a show not about action
its also a show not about pointless drama

this show is shit
>>
>>81850753
I will never understand everyone's hard-on for Tennant's shitty acting and character.
>>
>>81850796
>b-b-bbbut its a show not about action
This argument is especially funny when another show "not about action" actually put effort in its action scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5yFjdfVX0
Hell, it put a lot more effort into everything than Jessica Jones did.
>>
>>81850689

a good time, I'd say. it has a few issues in the later episodes but I thorouhjly enjoyed the pseudo-noir feel to it and the relationship between Jessica and Trish is pretty great.

Also, Hogarth is pretty fun and Kilgrave is a highlight.

Oh. And bathrooms and pee. you're in for a thoroughly weird amount of bathrooms and pee.
>>
Epic /tv/ memes.
>>
>>81850738
Nah, it's really that bad.
It doesn't have a single redeeming quality.
>>
Overall it's pretty good. There are definitely a few points where it feels like the plot is just being drawn out to make the series reach the requisite episode count that probably would have been helped by putting in a few episodes dealing with individual cases the way the comic did before diving straight into taking down Kilgrave.

The fights weren't anything special, though, which is to be expected when your main character is an untrained drunk with super strength.
>>
>>81850689
A good show that's interesting but drags after awhile that delivers on a good villain. All the comic characters introduced were well done. All the OC subplots mostly felt like a waste. Very different vide than DD s1 and 2 so it just depends on which style you like more.
>>
File: 1419845307672.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1419845307672.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>81851141
>>81851138
>its good
>>
>>81851180
Also
>good villain
Kilgrave is one of the worst villains I've seen in a long time. He's on par with later Dexter villains and not even good ones like Isaac.
>>
Pretty decent overall. I enjoy it, doubt you'll hate it unless you can't enjoy shit. The ending sucked balls, but you'll enjoy the ride.

Don't be expecting Luke Cage to save the show, they fucked that nigga up, he was so boring. I pray they amp him up in his own series.
>>
>>81850689
blacking, rapeman and general empowering
feminist's wet dream
>>
File: tumblr_n27j0b3s881scgl86o1_500.png (547KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n27j0b3s881scgl86o1_500.png
547KB, 497x750px
Jessica Jones was really good
Don't listen to the haters
They're mad cuz DC sucks
Get rekt
>>
>>81850689
A serious case of protagonist centered morality
>>
>>81850799
He stands out as fantastic because everything else is bad.
>>
>>81851455
But he's bad too.
>>
>>81850799
Ikr, try being a doctor who fan
>>
13 Episodes about Nuke being right all along
>>
File: reminding you cucks.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reminding you cucks.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81851364
You sure told them fellow Marvel enthusiast.
This is so still shit though.
>>
>>81851506
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>What am I in for, /co/?

Dat Trish Walker
>>
>>81851661
>generic
>>
>>81851506

/thread
>>
>>81850689
A good neo-Noir detective story.

A villain that's actually extremely difficult to beat and scary to even try
>>
I couldn't watch it through it all, it's a bit boring. And while she does have super strength, the show isn't about that at all, more psychological.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 557x605px
>>81851180
>>81851195
>says something isn't good
>doesn't say why it's bad
I can post funny reaction images without saying anything of substance in my posts too
>>
>>81850689
Don't go in expecting the action fight choreography of Daredevil. This is more of a character-driven detective story + superpowers than anything else.

A good time overall. The major flaws of the series is it kinda drags on in points, and some of the supporting cast are irritating.
>>
>>81850689
Also, don't expect to be on the protagonists side 100% of the time. She's a mean-spirited drunk with issues and superpowers.
>>
File: 1458788218903.jpg (12KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1458788218903.jpg
12KB, 325x325px
>>81855295
>b-b-bbut i liked it despite its obvious shitty writing and acting that i cant admit cause im a cuck that have a fine taste for fecal matter
>>
>>81850689
>Show has a black man and white woman as a couple
>This shouldn't change much right?
>It's going to be just like Dare Devil, Arrow, the Flash, etc.
>Shows them really hard fucking, sweating, talking about how he's going to break her, etc.
>Twice.
>>
>>81850689
A fun show but with a great villain but a really, really unlikable protagonist.
>>
Terrible non hero antics where the supposed hero saves no one and the bitch lesbian lawyer who deserved prision and other terrible things gets off scott free. Has an amazing villain. But he dies. Oh and theres luke cage but he'll be getting his own series.
>>
>>81850689
Pretty good, but not as good as Daredevil. Some flaws (most of which stem from it being too long), but nothing that makes it unwatchable.
>>
>>81850689
RAPERAPERAPERAPE
>>
>>81855295
Why bother?
I already said a thousand of times why Kilgrave is shit.
You and /tv/ has some retarded boner over that shitty villain for some reason.
>>
>>81851019
>Hogarth is pretty fun
Damn anon, how do you think this? I think she might be my least favorite MCU character, period. What a horrible person with no real redeeming factors.

Agreed on everything else though.
>>
>>81851099
It's not though. Kilgrave was great at certain points, and Jessica and Luke had their moments, fleeting as they were.
>>
>>81856423
He pretty fun in that she’s easy to hate, like Joffrey.
>>
File: 1457705401884.png (148KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1457705401884.png
148KB, 320x272px
>>81855523
I just wish her plan hadn't been buttfuck retarded.
>>
>>81856517
>Kilgrave was great
I never felt that. He was absolutely boring to me. Just a generic sociopath who's as bland as every other MCU villain.
>Jessica and Luke had their moments
Nah, they both were boring as hell.
>>
>>81856541
Eh, to me she was so bad that she just went past fun to hate into ungodly amounts of hate. The fact that she seems like nothing even gives her comeuppance is even worse
>>
>>81856564
Seriously, Jess is a moron.
>>
>>81850689
I think it's good but it tries way too hard to be mature sometimes. Like, the subplot with rape victim becomes so unbelievably grim that you'll probably stop caring about her at some point.
>>
The pacing of the show is really weird, that's it's primary problem. Sometimes it'll feel like the show is about to resolve something big next and it'll be a (relatively) calm episode.
>>
Sucked ass

I wanted Tennent to win, he was the only good part
>>
>>81850689

A slow start, but it gets more exciting once David Tennant shows up.

My only problem with this is how Jessica's powers were portrayed like the awkward camera cuts of Jessica jumping 20 stories.

Also, the amount of times Jessica and co let Kilgrave go is laughable. It felt like the show dragged to fill in for time.
>>
>>81856423

>horrible person with no real redeeming factors.

that's entirely why I liked her. it was kind of interesting to have an "oozing pile of shit in a dark suit" be a sort of chaotic neutral. I hadn't seen a character quite like that before and certainly not in a Marvel property.
>>
>>81850689
The first half of the season is good but then it gets boring.
>>
A decent show that wasn't what /co/ wanted it to be but does better than they think it did at portraying PTSD and overcoming sexual trauma.
>>
>>81860300
>wasn't what /co/ wanted it to be
A good show? Yes, it wasn't. At all.
>>
>>81850689
Get ready for it to ask you to think then try really really hard to make sure you don't actually think about the plot. It's very much a 'focused' piece, where the creator of it is intending for you to interpret things in a very specific way, and to ignore certain aspects entirely because they're just in the way of the 'theme'. Those aspects are character development and a cohesive plot.

The middle section of the story literally hinges on the greatest collection of utterly moronic people doing the absolute stupidest thing possible at that moment so that the story can continue. You will never see a bigger collection of dumb people doing really dumb things for really dumb reasons than you will by the middle of the season.

You're supposed to see Jessica as a fuckup who can't get her act together and everybody points out she's a shitty hero in the show, and you will absolutely agree with this. By the end of the show, you will be wishing so hard for someone actually competent to put her in the corner and actually go solve this case your future birthday candles will come pre-blown out, and regrettably she never advances from this point and does become somewhat capable. Essentially, get ready to watch a very dumb and incapable person fuck up for the entirety of the running time and be told that's the point.
>>
>>81859629
Eh, I guess so. I was just constantly like "Oh, here's where Jeri's gonna get it. She's gonna learn her lesson!" and then she didn't. Sure, that's realistic, but it's not very satisfying.
>>
>>81860300
Agreed. It was actually a really interesting way of exploring that hell of living with abuse.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.