[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /co/ feel about Spidey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (583KB, 1008x1543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583KB, 1008x1543px
It's been pretty good so far, how does everyone else feel?
>>
>>81841515
only read the first one. missed out he other storytimes
>>
>>81841515
It's still ongoing?
Thought it got canned. When did the latest issue come out? Haven't seen a new one in weeks.
I liked the first issue, but didn't read the rest.
>>
>>81842958
he is bleeding money anon, went from 60k (#1) to 33k (#2) and then 27k (#3) and there was no issue #4 in march because reasons, so that's gonna fuck up the numbers even more.
>>
Art is occasionally wonky, but at least it's more inventive than usual, by which I mean it has things going on in spreads and the like instead of the usual posing or wordswordswords.
>>
Latest issue was lame and I hate the new artist. First three were good fun though.
>>
Is this the main spider man comic? Does Peter not have another ongoing?
>>
>>81845478
Amazing Spider-Man is still the main comic. This is a series of (currently) stand-alone stories set very early in his career.
>>
>>81841623
I liked Issues 1 through 3 and enjoyed the Spidey stories with the Peter/Gwen tutoring story. Then Issue 4 happened and it absolutely fucking sucked. It already wasn't doing well in sales. It's probably going to get canned.
>>
>>81841515
I think they should make spiderman homeless and give him the ability to melt.
>>
Since this is a spidey thread, just gonna ask it here.

Is Renew Your Vow storyline in Earth 616?

I mean, is it tied in the main continuity after Peter's deal with Mephisto? Or is it in another Earth?
>>
>>81846674
It's an alt universe created from Secret Wars
>>
>>81846674
It's a Secret Wars tie-in set in a Battleworld domain where Peter didn't deal with Mephisto and therefore keep the marriage, and introduces Slott's shitty OC villain Regent. He is brought over into the ANAD universe, but that storyline is not.
>>
>>81841515
Nostalgiafaggotry for "muh Spider-Man is teen!".
>>
File: 1453001274270.png (566KB, 762x342px) Image search: [Google]
1453001274270.png
566KB, 762x342px
Hey guys, can I ask why do you guys like Spider-man? I like him but all the abuse Marvel has given him like OMD and stuff is really bumming me out. Anyone have any favorite Spidey moments?
>>
>>81846674
>>81846745

No, it's just an alternate universe in general. For example, when Ben talks about the vigilantes who were killed, it sounded like Night Trasher had just recently made his debut, so this would take place like during the early 90's Marvel stuff.
>>
>>81848006
And when you see the Avengers later, characters have strange variations to their costumes that never happened in 616 (Captain America and Iron Man as an example), Vision, Black Knight, and Wonder Man look like their early 90's selves. the New Warriors lineup is like the early 90's one (except for Night Thrasher, who got killed) but Speedball is wearing the 00's costume.
>>
>>81848006
>implying you didn't read the ANAD OHOTMU
Doom-Battleworld and all its known domains are given reality numbers.
>>
>>81847740
Spider-Man in the 60's to 80's where some of the best storylines. Sadly 90's got to him hard and ever since its been alright to just bad. JMS run might be the best he got in over a decade but after OMD everything went to shit again. Even worse Spiderverse was all about murdering every Spider-Man which felt really wrong.
>>
>>81841515
I don't like it but I'm happy for it to exist, because while it does exist Amazing Spider-Man will never return to the same old boring status quo and can do new things.

But this book won't last and real Peter will be taking selfies for the Bugle again in no time.
>>
I really liked Superior Spiderman (until Octopus erased Peters memories)

where can I find more of that?
>>
>>81841515
>>81843231

One of the better Spider-Books in my opinion, but the reason it's doing poorly is simply because there's far too many of them. Marvel's plan to make so many heroes and books have the same title is asinine, because instead of boosting the new books everything is cannibalizing each other. They need too realize that even A-listers can only coast by name alone for so many titles before it becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>81843231
>there was no issue #4 in march because reasons
Is Nick Bradshaw a slow artist, or something bad happened to him?

Also Spidey #4 is on sale this week, and in two weeks, Spidey #5 (the solicited artists and stories for that issue and #6 are switched). In addition, Andre Lima Araujo (now artist of #5) is currently filling in for Bradshaw on the interiors.

Also
>>
>>81852297
>Andre Lima Araujo
Horrible
>>
>>81853012
And it clearly shows in the Secret Wars tie-in Spider-Verse (it's the first comic drawn by him that I read).

In addition, he will be the new artist of Web Warriors starting in #8, reuniting him with writer Mike Costa.
>>
>>81853043
why won't marvel just hire a good artist?
>>
I find myself bored with damn near all the spider books these days, this one included
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.