[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Legend of Korra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: bryke.jpg (20KB, 276x416px) Image search: [Google]
bryke.jpg
20KB, 276x416px
>Series is about to end
>Critics disappointed
>Go for a Hail Mary Lesbian ending out of fucking nowhere

Are these two hacks, or fucking geniuses?
>>
Well I mean... I enjoyed the actual series. Idrc HOW they get Avatar continued.
>>
They're merchants of misery and I hope they suffer failure for the rest of their lives.
>>
Goddamn Bryan is an ugly motherfucker.
>>
>>81816776
>Hacks or geniuses

I'm starting to think these aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>Critics disappointed
But that's wrong. Critics absolutely love TLoK. Always did. It's the fedora-wearing MRA types who get intimidated by a woman being successful at something in a cartoon that were "disappointed" - if you can call sexist bias that had set in long before the show ever aired "disappointment".

This is why we can definitely know that korrasami was planned from the get go.

This is why bryke are such great fucking people.

And thus is why you are a homophobe OP.
>>
>>81816791
>Idrc HOW they get Avatar continued.

Nick asked them to. They said alright. Byrke planned for an hour long special or TV movie (I don't remember which), Nick ordered a full season. Byrke made season one of LOK, Nick ordered a second season.Byrke was halfway through season 2 production, Nick ordered seasons three and four.

Why do lesbian ending? Because fuck it. They were made to do WAAY more than they originally planned or wanted. It was a ragequit.
>>
>>81816776
Why would they wait until literally the last seconds of the show's existence to give themselves Lesbian-Based Criticism Immunity if that was their goal?
>>
>>81816954
Because it was the VERY end, that is the thing people will remember most.
>>
>>81817011
and the one thing they can't be bothered to follow up on if it gets backlash of sorts from the higher ups or the conservative audience.
>>
>>81817039
Well, there ARE the comics coming out...
>>
I think it's highly more likely that they wanted to make Korrasami a thing throughout and just were shit writers rather than shoving it in the end for critical acclaim considering the entire show was considered good by places lik AV Club, IGN, and other review sites.

Like... it's not like they were trying to appeal to the people who disliked the show.
>>
>>81816882
>But that's wrong. Critics absolutely love TLoK.

You folks got MORE critics who don't even watch the shows they're writing about than just your usual online-persona suspects?
>>
>>81817045

They've been cancelled last I heard.
>>
>>81817063
News to me, source?
>>
>>81817063
>hire a tumblr artist
>she flakes
TALE AS OLD AS TIME
>>
>>81816954
It means if there's backlash it doesent matter you have finished
>>
>>81817054
>I think it's highly more likely that they wanted to make Korrasami a thing throughout

Except Bryke said during (or after, I don't remember) season 1 that Korra and Mako were literally meant for each other.

Guess things change.
>>
>>81816882
Korrasami was never planned from the beginning. They said so themselves they didn't start realizing it could be a thing they could hint at until book 3, and didn't ask Nick if they could make it canon until they started working on book 4. >>81817063
They're just delayed while they look for a new artist.
>>
>>81816891
>Nick asked them to. They said alright. Byrke planned for an hour long special or TV movie (I don't remember which), Nick ordered a full season. Byrke made season one of LOK, Nick ordered a second season.Byrke was halfway through season 2 production, Nick ordered seasons three and four.

Which is strange because Nick cut the budget and forced one of the last episodes to be a recap episode on their last season, and also moved Korra airing time to a Friday afternoon or something.

Nick gave up on Korra half way.
>>
>>81817300
way do you give a shit it ended like 3 years ago let it go
>>
>>81816776
>out of fucking nowhere
It was hinted at from at least the end of S3
>>
>>81816776
the only hate i saw was on /co/ yea you saw people complain but that was only at some parts of book 2 the show is not as hated as idiots on /co/ think it is
>>
>>81817329
I 'liked' LoK. Even if i don't like a lot of the things, i watched it all and don't mind seeing another series.
>>
File: and then theres this bullshit.png (803KB, 1383x810px) Image search: [Google]
and then theres this bullshit.png
803KB, 1383x810px
>>81816882
>fedora-wearing MRA types who get intimidated by a woman being successful at something
>The only way you could be disappointed in a show is by being sexist.

I really, really hope this is just bait.
>>
>>81817348
>they talk to each other, they must be fucking
There really is no ground for their "romance". Asami was just there and Korra was a dick to Bolin and Mako by not writing to them.
>>
>>81816882
>It's the fedora-wearing MRA types who get intimidated by a woman being successful at something in a cartoon that were "disappointed"
What is this bullshit? Did I accidentally go to Vox instead of /co/?
>>
File: Hooked.jpg (87KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hooked.jpg
87KB, 400x300px
>>81817061
>>81818542
>>81818635
Goddamn, /co/.
>>
>>81817086
From that episode 1 ending I can see that as their intention. It's a shame they decided to fuck up their relationship with literal cheating and side romances.

Was it too hard to pair up Asami with Bolin instead of a retarded love triangle?
>>
Kinda telling that the other writers and animation crew are all reuniting for a new project while these two will be masturbating to their egos via books.
>>
File: Pick Your Poison.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Pick Your Poison.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>81819127
>masturbating to their egos
Especially in Mike's case.
>>
>>81819201
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>81819201
How much you guys wanna bet they're both flops?
>>
>>81817086
They do. A writer's intentions might not line up with where his character goes. Personally I think Korrasami was poorly handled and frankly, having Korra in a relationship at all was a mistake.
>>
>>81820619
>having Korra in a relationship at all was a mistake.

Considering she has the maturity of a 7 year old, it's for the best.
>>
>>81820619

I think the finale should have been Korra realizing she doesn't need a relationship to be happy,
>>
>>81816776
They're some kind of genius. Not the Ingmar Bergman kind, the artist genius, not even the Stan Lee kind, the publicity genius, but they're definitely something. I guess they're a new breed for the social media era, the covering-your-ass genius
>>
>>81816776
>Critics disappointed
This never happened. Only /co/ hates LoK like this, it was critically acclaimed, it has 92% on RT and above an 8 on almost every other website.
>>
>>81820978
Tumblr is split on it and Avatarspirit are generally dissapointed with LoK.
>>
>>81819201
This is literally the perfect setup to suck yourself off as a creator. From the very first sentence you know he's going to at least imply he is the god who created this universe and therefore his genius dick is SO HUUUUUGE.
>>
File: 1405139716764.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405139716764.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>81816882
>>
>>81816882
>It's the fedora-wearing MRA types who get intimidated by a woman being successful at something in a cartoon that were "disappointed"

Wait, when the fuck did Korra get successful at something? I watched the first two seasons and just gave up on the Legend of Moron Protagonist
>>
>>81819201
Geniuses may be the most pretentious pitch I've ever fucking heard.
>>
>>81816776
They are trash of the highest order.
>>
>>81821059
nope thats /co/
>>
>>81827427
/co/ does, but those others do aswell.
>>
>>81819127
What project?
>>
>>81824134
Having a 3dimensional, flawed and realistic protagonist is not a bad thing. If anything, that was the biggest improvement over ATLA, which had an incredibly one dimensional protagonist.
>>
>>81828004
Korra wasn't any more 3-dimensional than Aang was, and the rest of her cast was far MORE one-dimensional than ATLA's.
>>
>>81827919
Voltron: Legendary Defender
>>
File: 1440806934613.png (577KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
1440806934613.png
577KB, 1372x767px
>>81828004
>3 dimensional
>realistic

Except she isn't either of those, you fuking moron. How the hell was she 3 dimensional? She didn't change at all though out the entire show. There was no growth for her because anytime she learned anything she never applied it. She just goes right back to her old stupid habits by the next season. Aang actually had growth. You can actively see how he changes. As the series progresses his airbending becomes more complex and he's more serious and concerned. You can't say that Aang from season 1 is the same from 4, but certainly can for Korra.
>>
No matter how many times you repeat it, it will NEVER be true that the Korrasami ending was some kind of last minute attempt to magically make critics forget the bad stuff. There's no conspiracy here.
>>
>>81820661
>doesn't need a relationship to be happy,
I wish more shows/films did this. I wish shows/films could try this at all.
>>
>>81827526
show me how thay hate it so much thay bitch about it years later
>>
>>81819201
Is Bryan's show actually priding itself on having a female main character and dismissing the competition as 'patriarchal'?
>>
>>81828682
There are plenty of tumblr users who still talk about LoK and how they hated atleast book 4 if not more of it.

And Avatarspirit have up to date threads where they talk about how dissapointing LoK was. They also have a members only hate sub-forum because it got that bad.

Also it's only about a year later.
>>
>>81819201

so, who is gonna pay for that shit?

Netflix?
>>
>>81829352
Bryan didn't write that particular blurb. It was the by author of the press release, based on a plot descriprion Bryan gave.
>>
>>81828378
It's either that or they're just that shit at writing.
>>
>>81819201
I'm actually looking forward to Threadworlds
>>
File: tenzinope.gif (116KB, 437x390px) Image search: [Google]
tenzinope.gif
116KB, 437x390px
>>81817348
>>
File: The Gaang watches korra.png (387KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Gaang watches korra.png
387KB, 960x720px
>>81816776
Remember the fun, fantastic adventure show?
>>
Genuises at being hacks
>>
>>81834124
Korra was such a disappointment and made the characters grow up to be jerks. It kind of hurt my love for the fun, fantastic adventure show.
>>
>>81816882
>It's the fedora-wearing MRA types who get intimidated by a woman being successful
HA! She loses most of the fights and several of her problems were solved by crying.
>>
File: 1420876404607.png (486KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1420876404607.png
486KB, 1440x900px
>>81834336
It should have just been one season, then either make an anthology of pat avatars or STOP just leave something perfect as it is.
>>
>>81828184
Too much brown, I wont come around!
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.