[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain Marvel in MCU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

So I'm confused as to when Carol is first going to show up in MCU.

Are they waiting all the way until her solo movie in 2019? It seems pretty unlikely that they would hold off on introducing the first proper female hero that long, especially when the solo movie was originally scheduled for next year. A two year delay is massive.

The way I see it, she could show up in the button scene for Civil War, which could serve as a perfect teaser for GotG2 in the bargain (probably not due to casting time, but then again...). Then there's obviously opportunity for her to take part in GotG2 itself, not to mention Infinity War 1.

What do you think?

Pic related, best hair.
>>
>>81744023
I think the best bet is to save her for after Infinity War. That way they can have her be the face of the "New Marvel Movieverse" since I imagine the big three will be dead.
>>
>>81744074

>after Infinity War
B-but...

With that said, I agree she would be a good fit to replace Cap or Tony. Although people in the new CW clip thread are speculating the post-Phase 3 leads could be some combination Strange/BP/Ant Man/Spidey.
>>
>>81744023
>tumblr hair
>best hair
GUARANTEED REPLIES
>>
never ever
>>
File: 1460446670634.jpg (300KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
1460446670634.jpg
300KB, 1200x830px
>>81744262

That's the plan.

I genuinely believe it though.
>>
>>81744262
its not shaved, it's tied

right?
>>
>>81744345

Yeah, you can clearly see it's pulled back.

Ponytail + free top hair = win/win.
>>
>>81744413
They want the tumblr audience after all.
>>
File: cerebus a bit upset with female.png (1MB, 1080x626px) Image search: [Google]
cerebus a bit upset with female.png
1MB, 1080x626px
>>81744023

If Carol gets put into a magic cannon and shot out of the universe, never heard of again, I wouldn't miss her. But I'm sure she's a great person. Because Marvel keeps telling me that she is.
>>
>>81744434

They'll pull the tumblr audience with a bunch of overwrought quips about how she's "one of the boys" and hammy lampshading that she's a role model.
>>
>>81744023
She's really boring in the comics and has never been characterized well. I would be impressed if they made a movie about her that wasn't divisive and features a good female character.
>>
>>81744570

I'm not holding out for too much. Hopefully they'll at least come up with a great overall appearance for her.
>>
File: eslb.png (346KB, 402x577px) Image search: [Google]
eslb.png
346KB, 402x577px
>>81744541
>she's "one of the boys"
You pig.
>>
I think Star Lord's position getting replaced by a female is what Marvel is going to do. They placed a lot of emphasis on Star Lord's helmet and the Nova's suits and the visual of a female Nova too.

So the best place to put Captain Marvel as through GotG and Infinity Gauntlet around her own film.
>>
>>81744974

Consider me checked.
>>
How is marvel going to introduce her without Mar-Vell, is the captain marvel movie even about her and not the original captain marvel?
>>
>>81744023
I'm 99% sure she'll be in Infinity War part 1.
>>
>>81745615
they've stated the Captain Marvel movie will be about Carol Danvers.

as for the the original Captain Marvel, there's an awful lot of unnamed characters in GotG2. For example, Kurt Russell, who plays a very good badass.
>>
>>81745615

>is the captain marvel movie even about her and not the original captain marvel?
Yes?
>>
>>81745680

>For example, Kurt Russell, who plays a very good badass.
That's an interesting idea.
>>
>>
>>81744331
>Carol: Sex affter this?
>Hulk: You know it.
>>
you know minus the mask i really like the carol captain marvel costume. Even dig the hair that so many hate. But man do people ever love drawing her like she has a mans body.
>>
>>81744477
Carol used to have an edge. She was mean, she had a temper problem. Making her a generic hero type sucked a lot of the life from her character.
>>
>>81746572

... Yes, I can get behind this.

>>81746736

Yeah, MCU doesn't really have to try hard to get it looking good for the movie.
>>
>>81746802
good thing her current series is bringing her back to her bloodthirsty self

>>81746736
apparently Marvel agrees with you, 'cause they ditched the mask.
>>
>>81745834
>>81745834
>as for the the original Captain Marvel, there's an awful lot of unnamed characters in GotG2. For example, Kurt Russell, who plays a very good badass.
not only that, there's two very tall actors playing unrevealed roles, a guy who's name I keep forgetting and the beautiful Elizabeth Debicki, who cut her hair just before the start of filming. So, a male and female, possibly related since they're both tall, the woman has short hair, and they are related to the Guardians and/or cosmic marvel. Phyla-vell and Genis-vell, anyone?
furthermore: IF I'm right about various -vells being in GotG2, it would reveal what James Gunn said: "I'm not interested in setting up infinity war, I want to set up future cosmic movies in the marvel universe." By process of elimination, he means Captain Marvel.

just my educated guesses.
>>
File: 4791546-capitain+marvel.jpg (20KB, 187x486px) Image search: [Google]
4791546-capitain+marvel.jpg
20KB, 187x486px
>>81746736
Even in Civil War II she has a sexy body again, despite the boyish hair.
>>
>>81747066
>"I'm not interested in setting up infinity war, I want to set up future cosmic movies in the marvel universe."
>Already confirmed no Nova in the sequel
This guy's full of shit
>>
>>81744023
Gunn said Carol isn't going to be in GotG2.

I don't know what they're doing with Carol, but she's almost guaranteed to be an established hero by the time her solo movie comes out. They'll probably end it with the Death of Captain Marvel.
>>
>>81747066
>>81747494

Whether or not Gunn is telling the truth, it sure would be easy to slip her into the post-credits scene for GotG2 if nothing else.

>They'll probably end it with the Death of Captain Marvel.
The solo movie? I could see that. Then again, they might want her to be on her own from the beginning.
>>
>>81747732
>Then again, they might want her to be on her own from the beginning.

Maybe, that would suck though.
>>
>>81744023
>Wonder Woman finally getting her movie
>still no Captain Marvel or Black Widow movie
>Wasp is a sidekick/tag along

look who's the ''complicated'' ones now
>>
>>81747732
I hope they don't skip over it. They can introduce Carol as primarily on her own, with Mar-Vell as one of her best friends who is off doing his thing, but team ups here and there. Given the movie's placement, they can do it a little bit differently. Keep the supercancer, but have Mar-Vell die around Phylla and Carol, both promising to uphold his legacy.

The Infinity War placement is the scariest thing about it. Cpt. Marvel essentially has to be done in terms of what they're thinking of for story by the time IW starts scripting. Thanos is too big of a threat for Carol to casually be missing during Part I, but having an origin story in between IW part I and II just sucks. Same for the Inhumans. Are Black Bolt and the rest of the Royal Famly going to throw down with Thanos? What's going on there?

There's a fuckton of planning that needs to go into the rest of the MCU. Phase 3 is critical. It's no longer "Yeah, we want to build to the next Avengers movie while still telling a story with our character." Now it's "We have a fuckhuge event coming that's going to send shockwaves across the entire universe, how do we build our current stories, how will we build our future stories, and how will this come together in a cohesive universe? How much is allowed to be separate? How do we still tell compelling stories with characters we love?"

I'm excited.
>>
>>81748541

Yes, this all about covers the stakes going forward I'd say. It would help if Civil War really worked at laying some of the groundwork for IW in the third act.

>They can introduce Carol as primarily on her own, with Mar-Vell as one of her best friends who is off doing his thing, but team ups here and there.
I would be satisfied with that.

>Thanos is too big of a threat for Carol to casually be missing during Part I, but having an origin story in between IW part I and II just sucks.
This is why I think she should show up at least before IW1.
>>
>>81746736
Same here, the mask with the mohawk was god awful but I love the bodysuit portion.
>>
>>81749086
Where could you even put her though? We have
>Civil War
>Doctor Strange
>Spider-Man
>Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
>Thor 3: Ragnarok
>Black Panther
>Ant-Man and the Wasp
until we get to IW part 1. Unless Gunn is lying, I can't think of anywhere they'd be able to put Carol.
>>
>>81749686

Leaving aside what Gunn has said, GotG2 is the natural choice. Maybe Thor 3.

I'm not even going to take a CW appearance off the table until I've actually seen the movie.
>>
>>81748541
>Phylla
And now you make me sad because there's no Moondragon.
>>
>>81750031

>Moondragon
Too deep canon.
>>
>>81744023
lesbian hair is hit

I hope the will get someone who ie thick
>>
>>81753413
is shit hair*
>>
File: literally a tumblr image.png (480KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
literally a tumblr image.png
480KB, 800x1131px
>>81753413

>thinks """lesbian""" hair is shit
>wants thick
Anon pls, pls.
>>
Tfw hair fetish
If she has an undercut in her solo movie I will refuse to see it.
>>
>>81753864
That's a cute Carol
>>
>>81744023
Why does Marvel hate good haircuts? Why do they draw such horrible hair?
>>
File: riddick-katee-sackhoff.jpg (853KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
riddick-katee-sackhoff.jpg
853KB, 1000x1500px
>>
File: riddick4.jpg (52KB, 780x380px) Image search: [Google]
riddick4.jpg
52KB, 780x380px
the only right answer
>>
>>81755448
Because Tumblr SJWs think that traditional hair is "oppressive" and "sexist," and will throw a fit if a "strong female" is feminine in any way. So obviously, Marvel is so smart that they will change fan-favorite costumes and designs in order to appease people who will never buy a comic and are mostly just looking for ways that pop culture is somehow misogynistic.
>>
>>81756433
Although I'll admit that besides the hair, I like the costume.
>>
>>81744023
There will be a lot of announcement from Marvel in coming weeks. First the director, then the main actress. Most likely everything will be revealed in SDCC, since there is reportedly no D23 this year.
I even suspected we are gonna see the glimpse of her in Civil War, or in Dr. Strange.
>>
>>81755448
>>81756433

But her hair in the OP is lovely and feminine. I would unironically waifu her with that hair (I already have a waifu though).
>>
>>81744023
This OP sounds like subtle bait.
She'll never get a movie, she has no villains, she has no great storylines, she has no notable side characters even.
People only pretend to give a fuck about Carol Denvers 'cuz they are told they must like this "Big Marvel Female Hero" and chicks like to cosplay her costume, maybe waifufags being the exception.
>>
>>81744023

Why would they introduce her before her own movie arrives? They haven't done that for any other solo movie level character, why would they start now?
>>
she won't be in GOTG because Gunn wants no more earthlings

and I highly doubt they would make her full kree
>>
>>81757195

>This OP sounds like subtle bait.
No, not bait.

>She'll never get a movie
So you think they'll cancel it at some point? What are the odds of Marvel/Disney canning their first superhero movie with a woman in the lead?

>>81757392

It would definitely be a change, but I'm not going to just assume that the pattern will stay the same forever, good or bad.
>>
>>81747198
Cry more Riderfag, when Gunn was reading comics Rich was barely Cosmic.
>>
>>81757578

I guess Marvel at one point did they they weren't going to do any more traditional origin movies? I guess if they followed through with that you could introduce a major character in a tentpole then follow it up with their solo.

I guess Dr Strange will show how much they're following that claim up.
>>
>>81757690

If nothing else, they can learn from how DC fucked up.
>>
>>81750031
Better one than none
>>
>>81756320
>>81756320
>Not Emily Blunt or Charlize Theron
>>
>Proper female hero

That would be maybe Spiderwoman or Wasp or even She-Hulk.
Carol sucks ass
>>
File: She-Hulk.jpg (289KB, 918x1400px) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk.jpg
289KB, 918x1400px
>>81744023
>It seems pretty unlikely that they would hold off on introducing the first proper female hero that long

I think we will never see She-Hulk in MCU
>>
>>81759140

>Emily Blunt
Meme actor.
>Charlize Theron
Would be very okay with this. And at the same time I want to see somebody else.

I like Sackhoff for it.

>>81759321

>Spiderwoman
Who does /co/ hate more, Danvers or Drew?
>>
>>81756283
>>81756320
Perfect but has no star power :<
>>
>>81762250
>Who does /co/ hate more, Danvers or Drew?

Danvers.
>>
File: Faroa.jpg (348KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
Faroa.jpg
348KB, 500x752px
>>81756283
>>81762316
>>
>>81760287

>She-Hulk
"No."
>>
File: yvonne-strahovski-05.jpg (628KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
yvonne-strahovski-05.jpg
628KB, 2000x3000px
>>81756320
No way.
>>
>>81757195
You know they'll just steal someone else's villains, or worse, make Karla her first main villain.
Shit, Nebula's still alive, they could make her the main villain.
>>
>>81757578
>So you think they'll cancel it at some point? What are the odds of Marvel/Disney canning their first superhero movie with a woman in the lead?
It will never be "cancelled", it will just never be made :^)
Every single one of those presentations they have with all the titles displayed on a big power point slide it will be mysteriously delayed by one year, every single time.

>>81774753
They'll probably just turn her origin into a literal shot by shot copy of Hal Jordan's. I mean, if they don't have the relationship then that's all they could possibly do.
>>
>>81757578
>So you think they'll cancel it at some point? What are the odds of Marvel/Disney canning their first superhero movie with a woman in the lead?

Inhumans will get a (well deserved) bullet in the head long before Captain Marvel does.
>>
>>81748541
They can do her origin in flashback. Start off with her in IW1 already powered up. Her own movie takes part in the outer solar system (Thanos and Cull Obsidian trashing Titan) before heading back to Earth for IW2.

Kinda hoping they don't touch her origin story at all beyond a few throwaway lines.

>[addressing the Avengers during IW1]"There was an alien super-soldier who defended our world from his own people and all other threats for a while. But then he died of cancer -- and because my powers and energy signature do match his to a certain degree -- I took his call sign in the hope it'll keep the nasties away for a bit longer. Doesn't appear to work against Thanos though. Any more questions?"
>>
>>81760287
She can't even take an explosive dildo to the tits - no lasting power whatsoever.
>>
>>81774753
all they need is twenty minutes of Carol slaughtering Brood, and they can use whatever they want for the first hour
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.