[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he for /co/ what Stallman is for /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: powns.jpg (241KB, 568x368px) Image search: [Google]
powns.jpg
241KB, 568x368px
Is he for /co/ what Stallman is for /g/?
>>
>>81699039
No, John K is.
>>
>>81699570
literally who
>>
>>81700386
Fat Kev Smith
If Seth Rogen is the cool brother stoner he's like the cool dad stoner
>>
>>81699039
who the fuck is stallman?

>>81702127
>Seth Rogen
>cool
>>
>>81702653
Man holding the secrets of freedom under his thumb
>>
>>81702653
The man who judges you for your sins of using commercial software like Microsoft Botnet 10.
>>
>Robert Manlet Jr.
No
>>
>>81700386
>>81702653

Kevin Smith became famous as an indie director in the 90s, but has always been big into comic books and has written for Daredevil and Green Arrow

Richard Stallman is an older programmer who launched the GNU Project, founded the Free Software Foundation, developed the GNU Compiler Collection and GNU Emacs, and wrote the GNU General Public License. Stallman is hugely influential in the free software movement (Linux was developed from GNU's tools, for example). He's also (in)famous as a fanatic when it comes to free software, insisting that any kinds of restrictions on software are immoral and harmful. He goes to extreme lengths to live and promote this philosophy.

I don't see how they're really comparable. In what way would Smith be like Stallman? He isn't an extreme advocate of any position in comics; he generally seems to go with the flow of things. Smith also isn't really influential in comics.

Alan Moore might be more comparable to Stallman in terms of influence and his stance on comic creator freedom.
>>
>>81699039
>/g/
>getting pushed out of their own board by /v/
>come to the best board on 4chan to shitpost

Get the fuck out and don't come back.
>>
who the fuck is Stallman? What the fuck is /g/? You people are ruining my hugbox
>>
>>81703729
>Alan Moore
I was thinking more Will Eisner.
>>
>>81703909
/co/ stopped being love a long time ago, cuckfag. Now we know only hate.
>>
>>81704079
Eisner was huge to be sure, but I don't think he was a fanatic like Stallman is. Moore seems a better fit with his absolute refusal to work with Marvel or DC on principle, and his absolute refusal to be associated in any way (to the point of refusing all money) with adaptations of his works. Stallman won't even touch a "non-free" computer, for example.
>>
>>81704276
Stallman wouldn't happen to worship a snake-god, would he?
>>
>All these newfags who don't know Stallman
>>
install Gentoo
>>
>>81703729
Alan Moore worked for the Man his whole life, how in the hell is he comparable to Stallman?
>>
>>81703737
superiority complex much?
>>
>>81699039
Stallman likes Revolutionary Girl Utena, so he is alright in my book.
Kevin is also alright in my book
>>
>>81705384
I like Fatman on Batman
>>
>>81705523
I like his Morrison interview.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.