[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit Casuals Say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (227KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
227KB, 1000x1481px
>"They are making an avengers vs x-men movie! Look, there's even a poster!"
>>
>>81673120
Who's that next to magneto? Is that HulkCarnage?
>>
>>81673156
It's what happens when hulk turns super angry
>>
>>I thought Spider-Man was DC?

That was my cousin.
>>
>>81673120
>BvS was great. i don't see what the problem was
>>
>>81673363
Kek. Same thing happened with Batman. Except it was my brother.

>"Man, BvS seems like it's gonna make hell of a money. People love Marvel and DC together.
>"What's that have to do with Marvel?"
>"Isn't Batman Marvel?"
>>
>>81673120
>Cyclops being important
You can't get any faker than this.
>>
A girl in my class thinks every super hero is Marvel.

Can't blame her, she doesn't give two shits about this genre anyway, but it made me chuckle.
>>
File: Avengers vs X-Men XXX.jpg (168KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers vs X-Men XXX.jpg
168KB, 490x700px
>>81673120
>>"They are making an avengers vs x-men movie!

well. SOMEONE did.
>>
>>81673120
>I love Loki, but I don't read comics.
What a female convenience store clerk said to me when I noted she was wearing a t-shirt with a 1970s Loki on it
>>
>"Comic Book should cater to my feminist needs"
>>
That vast majority of superhero fans don't read comics now. It's just something we're going to have to deal with.

Or not I guess, comics fans are bad at dealing with things.
>>
>>81673120
Even if they did get Fox and Marvel to shake hands, how the fuck would anyone think that Cyclops would represent the X-men for Fox, I think he was an afterthought in every one of the films he appears in, which might not even be most of them.
>>
>>81673827
It's the character she loves, not the comic book format. I've read a lot of comics, but I think I'm starting to get that it's not for everyone.
>>
>>81673992

I don't understand how you can claim to love a character and not read the source material
>>
>>81673363
yeah i found a guy who thinks marvel buy spidey from dc
>>
>>81673915
Some comic readers.
Those who are way too interested in capeshit.

I found that the people who look for any kind of good comics tend to read any genre, but be more selective with their capeshit. They want good stories so they won't buy any book that just happens to be in continuity with their favorite cape brand. It makes them less disturbed by changes.
>>
>>81674099
Like I said, it's the format. I love comics. I've read them for several years now, and I think there's a lot of clever unique things you can do with them that you can't with movies and books in the same way, but my dad for instance, has told me that he doesn't really like them compared to other forms of entertainment. o when the girl said "I love Loki, but I don't read comics." She may have meant she loves MCU loki, the design of old Loki, Avengers EMH or Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers Loki, maybe even different versions of the mythological character from other movies or books. But she doesn't read comics.
>>
>Spiderman and Batman are brothers

It was from my coworker's like toddler kid, but it is kind of funny to see someone come to that conclusion.
>>
>>81675009
>Batman is Superman's dad

That's what my nephew said when I asked him about why Batman and Superman would fight in the new movie. I was legit hoping he would have some bugfuck crazy explanation for why he thought that, but I think he was just bullshitting for the attention.
>>
>>81673816
>featuring non-sex version
wat
>>
>>81674099
You're not thinking like a normie. Saying you "love" a character can be as vague just liking the idea of the character and/or the design. They might not know or care about source material, they just find something aesthetically pleasing about it. They don't literally love the character, that's just the language they use to say it's kind of cool to them. They probably aren't even considering that other people read the comics, because they just don't think about it at all.

When I was a kid, I would have said I "love" karate. I liked seeing it on TV and in movies, it was super cool to me, but I never once gave a shit about learning karate. In fact, my mom offered to sign me up for lessons, but I thought the idea of taking lessons was ridiculous to little me-- the idea of actually delving into the interest was never even on my radar. She assumed (understandably) that I'd want to learn more about this thing I was in to, but really I only cared on the most superficial level.

What I'm trying to say is, these people aren't lying when they say they love a character, but that means a completely different thing than what you might assume.
>>
>>81673120
Is Cyclops going to surprise bumfuck Cap?
>>
>>81675118

Your nephews dad is beating him, anon.
>>
>>81676231
Its funny you say that. That's moreorless the reasoning he gave.

>That's what dads and sons do
>>
>>81674099
Because a character's concept can be really cool? I love the idea of spider-woman, but she's boring as piss and her comics suck.
>>
>Character [fill in character], that's Marvel or DC?
>What is the difference between Marvel and DC?
>If Spider-Man can talk with Thor, why can't he talk with Batman?
>See, I found a comics where they are together. [Amalgam comics, or similar.] So what's the deal?
>That's not canon? Why do you care so much what's canon and what's not? Why does it matter?
>Why are all the character histories on wikipedia so complicated?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.