[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They're doomed Was he right all along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

File: poor Ultron.png (1MB, 1600x667px) Image search: [Google]
poor Ultron.png
1MB, 1600x667px
>They're doomed

Was he right all along?
>>
>>81630593
What's with villains always having knowledge of bigger threats than them?
>>
File: Red-Skull-The-Avengers.jpg (16KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Skull-The-Avengers.jpg
16KB, 570x300px
>I SAW THE FUTURE, CAPTAIN
>>
>>81630593
Everything is doomed in the long run. The end isn't important, it's the journey.
>>
>>81630646
Ultron is a fucked copy of Tony's brain. That's why he has the same "jesus christ aliens" problem Tony's had since Avengers 1.
>>
>>81630593
>Was he right all along?
Vison agrees. Vison is the Devil, wanting humanity to be free to do anything including self destruction. Ultron is God, willing to do whatever it takes to make sure humanity survives. Consider how many Marvel universes that have been annihilated and even more where Earth got destroyed, Ultron is exactly right. Even the original Xmen TV cartoon ended in destruction. We have the data to back it up, that most timelines has humanity doom themselves.
>>
>>81630771
>Ultron is a fucked copy of Tony's brain.
Pretty much this. He's like IM3 Tony if he planned for the long run and realized that they're all going to be fucked anyway.
>>
Yes, Ultron did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81630793
Whedon said Vision was Jesus to Ultron's Old Testament God though.
>>
>>81630725
I want him back
>>
>>81630912
>Whedon said Vision was Jesus to Ultron's Old Testament God though.
That wouldn't work very well, because then Jesus killed his father. I think Whedon just doesn't want to admit on record for Vision to be the Devil as it is popularly portrayed today, because some people might find that offensive. In general most people who ever read the Bible would realise the Devil is rather sympathetic, but those who were raised by Sunday Schools would not tolerate any implication that the Devil might help humans.
>>
>>81631140
>In general most people who ever read the Bible would realise the Devil is rather sympathetic
Makes sense, though I think it's more accurate to refer to him as Satan in this case then wouldn't it? I know it's just pure semantics, but given what you're saying I think it's more appropriate in this case.
>>
>>81631140
Maybe the killing of Ultron represents Jesus giving disregarding the Old Testament and forming his own values, rebelling against his father in a sense.
>>
>>81631092
He's not coming back, Hugo Weaving thinks he's too good for the role.
>>
>>81630646
I think the doomed part was refering to all the wars we have and how we are killing the planet, not aliens invading.
>>
>>81631799
Can't be all that fun after a while playing a crazy angry Nazi.
>>
>>81631618
Yeah that's how I took it, though instead of disregarding, it's like he's taking over from what Ultron started.
>>
>>81630793
Isn't Ultron more a Darwinist?
>>
File: YHVH.gif (37KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH.gif
37KB, 300x348px
>>81630793

>Mfw Vision is a fucking Chaosfag.
>>
>>81630646
He's talking about humanity in general
>>
>>81632076
He was, until he got pissed that they took Vision and the Internet from him, then he decided on a full-scale extinction with the intent of creating new life afterwards (which according to the art book, is what he would have dubbed as the "Age of Ultron")
>>
>>81630593
>muh lips
>muh teeth
he emoted just fine in that scene
>>81631092
>>81631799
What if they get another actor, but instead he actually has the skull head from the comics?
>>
>>81631092

Why?

Should just use Hate-monger.
>>
>>81630725
>>81631092
>>81631799
>>81632197
There was that rumor that he would appear in IW as Thanos' new right hand man after Ronan killed the Other
Hugo is contractually obligated to comeback if the studio wants but they don't seem to want to force people back so they might recast.
>>
File: xOcPABO.jpg (12KB, 188x227px) Image search: [Google]
xOcPABO.jpg
12KB, 188x227px
>>
>>81630593
>They're doomed
What did he mean by this? Not even joking. What does he and Vision know that we don't?
>>
>>81632329
>You are NOT the father! Because your kids don't exist and you're a machine
>>
File: mastema jew.png (640KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
mastema jew.png
640KB, 750x800px
>>81632127
>being law
GEE I WONDER WHOS BEHIND THIS POST
>>
>>81631140
Anyone reading Paradise Lost might think of Lucifer as sympathetic/Byronic, the Bible itself doesn't really paint Satan in a positive light, though.
>>
>>81632372
>>81632149
>>
>>81630593

literally no reason he shouldn't have looked like this throughout the film.
>>
>>81632408
Basically yeah, I mean you could argue that Satan's efforts were neutral and meant to test humanity's faith but that's as far one can push it.
>>
File: 1430969402729.jpg (122KB, 960x861px) Image search: [Google]
1430969402729.jpg
122KB, 960x861px
>>81632446
Can't quip without lips- Joss Weadon
I'm still mad
>>
>>81632408
>Anyone reading Paradise Lost might think of Lucifer as sympathetic/Byronic, the Bible itself doesn't really paint Satan in a positive light, though.
The Bible in general doesn't believe in free will, so anyone who supports making one's own decisions would find Satan sympathetic. It's a matter of social views changing rather than the Bible trying to make Satan look good. Back when the books were written, obeying orders was a positive trait.
>>
>>81631799
He's been gone for long enough, nobody would notice or care if they got another actor for Red Skull. Nobody minded when Rhodes got a replacement actor, nobody minded when Bruce Banner got a replacement actor, nobody will mind if Red Skull gets a replacement actor. It's not like you'll be able to tell visually anyway, the voice would just sound a little different.

And as >>81632301 said, he can't exactly refuse if Marvel wants him back either way. But I don't see them doing that, he made it clear that it's not something he would like to come back to a while ago, Marvel has had plenty of time to find a replacement if they needed one, it's not as if he dropped that bomb shell one week before filming began.
>>
>>81632446
I like his main forms with the humanoid face but I agree. Spader had enough charisma in his voice and mannerisms that he actually gave the possessed Sentries so much character.
>>
>>81632372
Nothing, he just knows that at one point humanity will die out. Ultron saw that as a reason to create a new world by wiping them out now, while Vision says that we should be let be until we do die out.
>>
>>81632481
Eh, he was still a dick about it though.

>>81632546
How do you mean, doesn't believe in free will? As in, argues for order/security over freedom, yeah.
>>
>>81630593
Best scene in the movie.

Really, all of Vision's scenes were great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGPvE43aAM&nohtml5=False
>>
>>81631799
That doesn't sound like him at all.
>>
>>81632301
Kek, I wonder if Hugo already forgot about ever doing Red Skull and suddenly receives a call "ayy Elrond, we are waiting you in makeup room!"
>>
>>81632638
I don't buy that Ultron is gone forever
>>
>>81632720
You'd be surprised. Basically he talked about not wanting to do "those" kinds of roles anymore. Probably referring to how he was being typecast as a villain with roles like Agent Smith, Megatron and Red Skull on his resume.
>>
>>81632638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBjU_HH-KGw&nohtml5=False

I love the part when he looks out the window, the music they play in that scene is really good. A bit creepy, but also calming somehow? It's the only piece of soundtrack that stood out to me in the movie.
>>
>>81632735
His sendoff was vague enough that they can easily bring him back for another film. I thought he and Vision were one of the few good things about AOU and I'd definitely love to see more interactions like that final scene.
>>
>>81630593
He's a smart AI so chances are he's technically correct. The best kind of correct.
>>
Wasn't it just IW foreshadowing?
>>
>>81632930
No, see >>81632149 >>81632592

Ultron's plans had nothing to do with Infinity War, not directly anyway.
>>
>>81632993
He may have recalled Thor's warning about humanity signaling that they're ready for a higher form of war with a tesseract nuke, either as a recording on the helicarrier or from Tony's memories.
>>
>>81630646
He is talking about the cliche that all robots of sufficiently high advancement can 'run the numbers' and discover that humanity is doomed due to its nature of constant escalating wars and destruction of our environment.

The scene is showing that both Ultron and Vision have no faith in humanity, but that Vision is willing to let humanity play itself out and end themselves on their terms rather than try to force them to change like Ultron attempted to do.
>>
>>81630771
Maybe it's too much comics, but even with out the aliens thing in Avengers 1, Tony has that "futurist" thing of wanting to deal with problems before they become problems thing.
>>
>>81630593
Remember, Ultron 8 is a better father than you'll ever be.
>>
>>81632446
I cant take a emotionless drone serious as a threat
>>
>>81634584
>Couldnt rear in his wifes daughter
yeah sure
>>
>>81634525
True, and it's still definitely in the film.
>>
Wasnt Ultron created by something in the mind gem? doesnt that mean he is actually tied to Thanos' plan somehow?
>>
>>81632592
But that's not even true. Humanity and its descendents could exist until the last star dies.
>>
File: 1251053283940.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1251053283940.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>81634500

What's funny is that's not even true. The world's population is growing every day. That along signifies we're making more people, more people are living in peace rather than violence. Sure there are conflicts all over the globe, but there isn't one conflict raging all over the globe like it's been in the past 100 years with two world wars and threat of international communism, the USSR, etc.

It's just pessimism on the writers part. Things are getting better, humanity's just too spoiled, cynical and bitter to see it.
>>
>>81639540
Theoretically, yes. Probably? No.
>>
>>81640412
People being born isn't the world getting better. It's the world getting crowded.
>>
File: 1248668834199.jpg (41KB, 567x611px) Image search: [Google]
1248668834199.jpg
41KB, 567x611px
>>81640412

Also /co/ this is a hard concept for me to pin down, maybe because it seems like only I see it, but it seems like we write these "greater than human characters" Gods, advanced AI, etc that supposedly are above humanity and come to better or greater conclusions than your average human. HOWEVER those conclusions are still, very human in nature. Because the people writing them are human and we humans can't think outside of our own human brains, it's impossible, we think we do but really don't because it's just a physical limit on what our own minds can perceive.

A good example would be like "you can't kill this guy because it's integral for the time line!" why would the time line care about one piece of biological meat? Hell, "care" implies conscious decision making. That's projecting consciousness onto something else that probably doesn't even have it. That's still a human putting humans at the center of the universe, like it's purely created for us.

It's like part of human arrogance to assume one's own thoughts go beyond being a human.
>>
>>81640917

The point went over your head. The point is if there was so much violence there would be more dead people, the population wouldn't be making net gains. It means places that weren't habitable are now and that more people are focused on taking care of helping and cooperating with other people, than harming other people.
>>
>>81639464
Not quite. They merely discovered that the Mind Gem possessed a neural network akin to an ever-growing mind. They tried to create an A.I. based on that blueprint but it seemingly didn't work at first until Ultron became sentient. It's why Tony's personality still comes across through Ultron albeit in a more destructive manner, because the original base programming was already created by Tony even before they acquired the Mind Gem while the A.I. configuration merely brought it to life at a rapid pace.
>>
>>81640946
>why would the time line care about one piece of biological meat

The timeline doesn't "care" you dummy.

The timeline doesn't even exist, except as perceived by humans.

It's just the point at which consciousness intersects reality. Because of our limited modes of perception, we think of time as a "line".

It's not. It's more of a plane.
>>
I mean yeah on a long enough timeline. But something isn't beautiful because it lasts
>>
Why didn't Ultron keep another body or one of his drones around, in hiding?

So he can just transfer to it and fly off once the heroes have left.
>>
>>81640946
>HOWEVER those conclusions are still, very human in nature.
That's pretty much a key part of Ultron's intended character flaw. He talks about what it means to be a god and likens himself as such, but his very core programming is very much based on a human (Tony Stark in the film, Hank Pym in the comics).
>>
>>81641149
That's what he tried to do but Vision tracked it down. And plus arrogance.
>>
File: XanderCrews.jpg (17KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
XanderCrews.jpg
17KB, 420x315px
>>81640782
Well not with that attitude.
>>
>>81641149
I think Vision would know if he had more bodies.
>>
>>81641051
I think the problem lies in Stark's commands for Ultron and the seeming ultimatum that Ultron HAS to achieve complete peace in our time. After being born he literally viewed archives and information of human history on the Internet to see what conclusion he could come up with to achieve just that. He was basically born prematurely with too much access to information, couple that with the mindset arrogance of Tony Stark and you have the ultimate recipe for disaster.
>>
>>81632546
So you're saying that in our modern world Satan has won
>>
>>81639464
>Wasnt Ultron created by something in the mind gem? doesnt that mean he is actually tied to Thanos' plan somehow?
>>81641063
>Not quite. They merely discovered that the Mind Gem possessed a neural network akin to an ever-growing mind. They tried to create an A.I. based on that blueprint but it seemingly didn't work at first until Ultron became sentient. It's why Tony's personality still comes across through Ultron albeit in a more destructive manner, because the original base programming was already created by Tony even before they acquired the Mind Gem while the A.I. configuration merely brought it to life at a rapid pace.
To be fair, most of that was on the cutting room floor despite being filmed. So the film makes less than than it should be because there was no room to explain anything. The problem with too many plots, Age of Ultron should have been an Ironman movie and not Avengers.
>>
>>81631140
>In general most people who ever read the Bible would realise the Devil is rather sympathetic
Not really. You're getting your theology from Paradise Lost or something.
>>
>>81632546
>The Bible in general doesn't believe in free will
Why are you lying?
>>
>>81642443
>The problem with too many plots, Age of Ultron should have been an Ironman movie and not Avengers.
I wouldn't have minded it either since Ultron was practically an evil Tony Stark through and through. Would have made the film a lot less messier too since it gets rid of the unnecessary sub plots that have nothing to do with Ultron and Tony's conflict.
>>
>>81632807
>Vision: I don't want to kill Ultron

So that basically confirms that Ultron isn't dead?
>>
File: 1405215945753.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1405215945753.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>81641114

>The timeline doesn't "care" you dummy.

Yes, I went into detail about this. So since you AGREE with me and call me a dummy, what the fuck does that make you, dumb-ass?

You didn't read the goddamn post. You said what backs me up and call me stupid. Typical 4chan lack of reading comprehension.

>Two plus two equals four? NO DUMBASS 2+2=4! Why are you so retarded.

I'm so sick of this shit. Every day on this shit site with you people. Every. Fucking. Day.
>>
>>81641149

I was hoping the after-credits scene would be one of the drones launching off into space during all the confusion, setting Ultron up for the cosmic stuff he does in GotG.
>>
>>81632788
Maybe he should show them Bedrooms and Hallways.
>>
Ultron has a point about 616 humanity; they're too stupid and hateful to live.

MCU humanity doesn't seem to be as spiteful and ignorant. They actually appreciate their heroes though after NYC, D.C., and Sokovia, no shit they have apprehension.
>>
>>81643287
>Why are you lying?
When is the last time a Bible passage rewarded one for disobeying orders?
>>
>>81646412

When Abraham didn't kill Isaac?

... Sorry anon, not even being an ass, I have no skin in whatever your're debating here.
>>
>>81646412
The woman who lied to protect the two soldiers.
You also don't seem to know what free will is.
>>
>>81646983
>When Abraham didn't kill Isaac?
>... Sorry anon, not even being an ass, I have no skin in whatever your're debating here.
You appeared to have missed the point of Isaac. Which is that if his dad did NOT obey his orders, he would be punished. So yes, Abraham was going to kill Isaac. At no point did Abraham suggested that he had the free will to not do so, he has to obey his lord when ordered to. The fact that his lord changed his mind didn't change the theme, which is that you have no free will and attempt to make up your own mind is punished.
>>
>>81647173
>The woman who lied to protect the two soldiers.
That just means the authority she was opposing was not as high as her god's. Every time someone disagree with their god, horrible shit happens.
>>
>>81630593
Why Villains use the "humanity is doomed" as a excuse?

If we gonna all die anyway in a near future, what is the purpose in killing us?
>>
>>81648396
That's completely wrong, though. Abraham could have chosen not to kill Isaac.
He might have been punished, but he still had a choice.

>>81648451
You were still wrong and it's irrelevant to the question of whether or not the Bible believes in free will.
Then again, you're most likely using "believe" in the sense that it supports people going against God's orders.
>>
>>81632504
How could they promise us THIS and give us some dumb fucking CGI face?
>>
>>81648734
Ultron wanted to save humanity for the first 3/4 of the movie. When all his friends left and his perfect body was stolen he said "Fuck it" and just decided to kill everyone.
>>
What if Thanos uses the IG to resurrect all of the villains that fell to an Infinity Stone?
>Aether: Malekith
>Orb: Ronan
>Tesseract: Red Skull
>Vision's Mind Stone: Ultron
2 more to go
>>
>>81641051
Nobody ever said that humans are getting more violent. Just that violence will exist, and that the stakes keep getting higher as more an more powerful ways of killing are invented.
>>
>>81640412
Well, there is the whole global warming thing. And if a nuclear war ever starts, we're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>81649307
It's weird that the drones looked better than the main Ultron robots.
>>
>>81649400
This.
Ultron actually wanted some survivors for him to rule over during 3/4 of the movie (which he projected as including superpowered individuals such as Wanda and Pietro). It was only after he lost everything (the twins, Vision, and his access to the Internet) that he decided to completely wipe out all life on Earth and start anew.
>>
>>81650137
>Lose IRL fapbait, your son, and your access to porn
Yeah I'd want to wipe everything out too
>>
File: 570.jpg (384KB, 1720x2504px) Image search: [Google]
570.jpg
384KB, 1720x2504px
>>81632127
Why can't more comics be like SMT. Nothing wrong with killing your friends and remaking the world.
>>
>>81650137
>and his access to the Internet
This hurts the most. No more korean basket-weaving forums for Ultron.
>>
>>81640412
>>81641051
The population is exploding rapidly because of improvements in nutrition and healthcare. It wasn't until WWI that pieces of metal were the leading cause of death on the battlefield.
>>
>>81631140
Where in the Bible does the Devil kill God?
>>
>>81644678

Don't be retarded.

You're anthropomorphizing yourself by assuming that there's SUCH A THING AS A TIMELINE.

Biological meat matters to the timeline because biological meat is what sustains the timeline in the first place.

Without us, there is no timeline. Just events.
>>
>>81631803
Doesn't it stated in MCU that by defeating the chitauri Earth attracted the attention of possible invaders by becoming challenging targert?

>>81640412

But the cyclical development, primarily cyclical economy is a mathematical fact. The bubble is growing - the bubble bursts.Recessions, to put it mildly, sometimes bad for the people.Many villains justify the need for control or survival of the fittest policy by this statement.
>>
>>81632481
Well he is the angel of temptation. That's literally his job description.
>>
>>81646983
The story of Abraham in short:
God: If you have true faith in me, kill your son and heir
Abram: Okay
Abram goes to do so
the Archangel Gabriel comes down and grabs Abram's hand while he had the knife to Isaac's throat
AA Gabriel: Don't do it, it was the final test of faith, go sacrifice that lamb instead. BTW you're Abraham now.
Abraham: Thanks. Let's go kill and burn that lamb Isaac.
>>
>>81631140
Vision fulfils the covenant and brings in the new dynamic, just like Jesus.

Jesus didn't "kill" the old testament, he completed it, and kicked off phase 2.
>>
>>81632788
That's strange. Most actors fucking love playing villains.
>>
>>81650214
>>81650416

Gave me a good chuckle.
>>
>>81650666
Good question, Satan.
>>
>>81650748

>Doesn't it stated in MCU that by defeating the chitauri Earth attracted the attention of possible invaders by becoming challenging targert

Yes and it's called infinity wars. But Ultron was still referring to a war between humans that will end us. Which isnt that hard to believe seeing less than 50 years ago one could have happened.
>>
doctor doom when
>>
>>81650736

So you're saying the timeline of earths development starts with life appearing on earth?
>>
>>81657855
>yfw Doom steals the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos
>>
>>81630593
The movie could've been so much better, if it wasn't for the disposable robot army shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 852x480px
>>81640946
>integral to the timeline
The timeline itself doesn't care, it's the people who want a specific timeline trying to shift the odds in their favor.
>>
>>81651745
>>81648396

Yeah well I've been out of the flock for years now so I guess I don't give a fuck. I thought it was an example of someone not following orders like the other Anon was talking about, but I guess he's right -- free will is never rewarded in the Bible.
>>
>>81651745
Even when I was still a Christfag, it bothered me that Abraham never questioned that order and Isaac completely trusted him afterwards. Old Testament is weird like that tho.
>>
>>81630593

Of course. Humanity isn't going to live forever any more than you will.
>>
>>81646983
But he would have killed him. He was even rewarded because he would have done it.
>>
>>81630593
This was the only scene I had absolutely no complaints about.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.