[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Version Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9

Post alternate versions of your favorite characters!

Starting off with the Smallville Universe Iteration of Batman.

Here are some collected bits of trivia i pulled from the DC Wikia that I found interesteding

>According to Bryan Q. Miller, Bruce Wayne has been The Batman for a couple years longer, around the time Clark started being the Red-Blue Blur and is "between year 5 and 10". He later revealed on Twitter that Bruce Wayne first became Batman at the age of 20, when Clark started High School in 2001.
>Bruce's age is on par with Oliver, Lex and Dinah Lance, making him 30–32 years old by Effigy.
>According to Miller's twitter, if you were to hear Bruce's Batman voice, it would sound almost identical to Christian Bale's Batman voice from The Dark Knight Trilogy.
>>
Does anyone have that page of Superman lifting NYC in futures end?
>>
>>81629298
>>
>>81629542
Thanks friend.

Beardman a best.
>>
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
Arkham Universe - Arkham Knight (Jason Todd)
>I personally find this to be the best iteration of Jason Todd to come out yet. Up until now Todd has been primarily written by...
>Winick - He gets the character but he mostly comes across like the Punisher set in Batman.
>Morrison - He gets turned into the Anti-Batman and is meant to serve almost as parody of himself. Morrison was more interested in serving a concept that writing a good character
>Lobdell - This one is hard to describe. On the one hand Lobdell understands that while Jason can have a history outside of the Batfamily, his relationship with Bruce will always be a major defining influence. That said, Lobdell shat the bed with trying to make Jason a mary sue ultimate ninja.
>Then we get Johns/Tomasi Arkahm Knight, a character that has his defining relationship with Bruce tainted and replaced by a relationship with the Joker and as much as he would never admit it, he formed a fucked up attachment to him in the same way Batman did. This Jason is as mentally broken as Bruce is but doesn't have the mental strength to form a coeherent identity to repair himself. Instead he focuses his rage and frustration to a razor sharpness and directs it at Bruce because that's the only way he's capable of making himself feel better.
>>
File: jlgm-group06jpg-806cce.jpg (793KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jlgm-group06jpg-806cce.jpg
793KB, 1920x1080px
Gods and Monsters Universe - The entire Justice League (Hernann, Kurt, Bekka)
>The entire team were unique enough to be their own character without compromising the ideals of the character they were meant to represent. They all had great chemistry with one another and will be sorely missed.
>>
>>81630743
Am I crazy for hoping that Black Adam and Orm will be GaM versions of Billy and Arthur?
>>
>>81630815
God know. I would kill for any chance to learn more about that Universe. Also

Smallville Universe - Lex Luthor (portrayed by Michael Rosenbaum)
>Although much of his previous character development was rendered moot by the finale of Season 10 of Smallville (mind erasing neurotoxin), his presence throughout seasons 1-7 were impecable and his continued appearances in Season 11 and Beyond channel much of Michael's performance into his dialog and motivations.
>Lex will never be this smooth of suave again unless portrayed by Clancy Brown
>>
File: aquawonder.jpg (230KB, 736x1138px) Image search: [Google]
aquawonder.jpg
230KB, 736x1138px
While Arthur and Diana were terrible persons, they had nice clothes.
>>81631055
>God know. I would kill for any chance to learn more about that Universe
You and me both.
>>
File: bw5.jpg (222KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
bw5.jpg
222KB, 900x1350px
Best Jessica Drew.
>>
File: _1400000573.jpg (574KB, 3127x2080px) Image search: [Google]
_1400000573.jpg
574KB, 3127x2080px
DC Movie Universe - Batman (Ben Affleck)
>This guy was one of the few sparkling gems in an otherwise very very flawed movied.
>This Batman has had a long and storied character spanning over two decades. During that time he's lost at least one partner in the line of duty which drastically affects his tendencies towards the criminal population.
>His costume, his attitude, his presence scream Batman and any movie solely based on his character has an excellent foundation to start from.
>>
>>81630099
>he formed a fucked up attachment to him in the same way Batman did
Yeah, Jason's relationship with the joker was interested in a really messed up way.

And to be honest, I consider Jason to be the son of both the joker and batman with Gotham as his mother in the main continuity and I wish we get a good writer who can explore this concept in interesting way.
>>
File: all_star_superman.jpg (473KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
all_star_superman.jpg
473KB, 1024x768px
All Star Universe - Superman
>It's interesting to think how in 12 issues Morrison managed to create and captivating introspective look into the man of steel that most writers could achieve throughout their entire run (Lobdell, JMS).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.