[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bat of Murder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

File: Ben-Affleck-Batman-in-color.jpg (2MB, 2814x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Affleck-Batman-in-color.jpg
2MB, 2814x1872px
>Bat of Murder
>>
>>81617582
Oh noes, a cinematic Batman that kills people. What ever will we do?
>>
Yeah I definitely did not see that coming, totally threw me off guard.

Especially probably with moviegoers, since the last Batman trilogy was based around the whole idea that Batman doesn't kill
>>
>>81617582
You mean Bat of Manslaughter
>>
>>81617617

Bitch about it incessantly and giggle as Zach Snyder's career takes a shit.
>>
>>81617637
No, he straight up shot and blew up people.
>>
File: disgust.png (160KB, 254x373px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
160KB, 254x373px
>>81617657
>blew people
>>
>>81617635
Nigga what, Balebats literally murdered the LoA
>>
>>81617889
not in the same context.
>>
>>81617582
Why was Batfleck so sexy and the only good thing about BvS?
>>
>>81617679
>disgust
>Terrio

pick one
>>
>>81617889
Yeah that was always hilarious to me.

>I won't kill this man that you're holding captive. Instead I'll burn this whole place down. Surely this man that's bound will have the means to flee this place!
>>
>>81617582
Jesus Christ they really have made Batman and Superman into such unlikable fucks.

I'm worried how they are planning to handle Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg now.
>>
Even if we consider him killing criminals as an act of necessity during a fight; How does /co/ condone Batman intentionally disfiguring criminals by branding them and then being an accessory to their subsequent murder in prison?
>>
>>81618017
I liked them, fuck off you memer
>>
>>81618017

Personally I'm looking forward to the fastest murderer alive
>>
>>81618258
>Batman intentionally disfiguring criminals by branding them and then being an accessory to their subsequent murder in prison?
Because it seems like something that Batman could potentially do if however unlikely, and isn't as glaring in comparison to Murderman killing everyone around him added with said killing being portrayed in Snyder's typical obnoxious everything-in-your-face hypermelodramatized style?
>>
>>81617582
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>81617582
Worked for Keaton
>>
>>81618017
Only Superman was unlikable though. Batman was actually good, even if he killed, which was fine with the tone of the movie. He might have gone too far in a few places though.
>>
>best known comics about batman are TDKR and The KILLING joke
>in one he kills left and right
>in one he literally strangles the joker
>Keaton murked niggas
>Kilmer murked niggas
>Bale murked niggas
>Terry Mcginnins murked niggas

but it's not ok in 2016 guise!!!! vote bernie!!!!
>>
>>81618265
How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>81618434

>batfleck is not the best batman of all time

kill yourself dumb asshole
>>
>>81618455

Batfleck sucked. He was a retard who got manipulated by Luthor through the entire movie and changed his mind about Superman because he had a mommy.

Baleman's monk-like persona was way more interesting then the generic ball of rage Batfleck was. It's not Big Ben's fault but people jerking themselves off over the new Batman confuse the shit out of me, he was a terrible character.
>>
>>81618455
Yeah, hardly you fucking casual. Dennis O'Neil for example wrote a great Batman and Affleck is a far cry from his version. Try again.
>>
>>81618455
Bale was better though, and his movies were good films.
>>
>>81618569
>Bale was better though

Kill yourself.
>>
>>81618589
Sorry that I enjoy actual character, and don't wank over a copy of the Dark Knight Rises costume.
>>
>>81618589
Kevin Conroy is better also.
>>
>>81618601
>Baleman
>actual character

Epic meme /b/rother XD
>>
>>81618620
No shit he was better you retard. Next you're gonna tell me DCAU Lex was better than le facebook man.
>>
>>81618622
If you can't make a coherent post, don't post at all.

>>81618620
Keven Conroy is indeed one of the best.
>>
>>81618638
You stupid fucking shit, you said Affleck was best Batman of all time, he can't be then if there are other versions of the character much superior to his take.
>>
>>81618653
>implying I'm him

I haven't even watched this fucking movie you autist.
Only reason I started posting was because some subhuman pajeet claimed Baleman wasn't 100% concentrated shit.
>>
>>81618666
The fuck did you reply to me then instead of him?

No live action version of Batman has been perfect now anyway. Bale, Keaton, and Affleck have all had their strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>81617934
yeah
>i'll burn down this building with shit loads of people inside, but personally won't kill any of them
>i'll blow up cars with people on or in them, but won't personally kill them
you're right, it's night and day
>>
>>81617988
Jez was pretty good too
>>
>>81618666
Why do people hate Bale? Because he's not built like a wrestler?
>>
>>81618731
Because everyone gotta hate the old thing for the new hotness.

Don't be surprised if you got assholes eventually turning on Ben Affleck after he gets replaced somewhere down the line as Batman.
>>
>>81618749
Ah, I figured it was something like that. And don't get me wrong, I love Batffleck, I just like Bale better.
>>
>>81618772
Yep.

Same thing is also happening with Health Ledger as the Joker.
>>
File: What. Wait a minute.gif (494KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
What. Wait a minute.gif
494KB, 500x259px
>>81618787
Really? Bale is one thing, but Ledger is a bridge too far.
>>
>>81618731
Don't know about others but personally I dislike Bale for the fact of him just being not Batman enough. One of the things that has been pretty much a constant with him now is his borderline insane obsession with the mission. His war on crime is unending, even with his flawed approach. Bale goes into retirement and quits being Batman, two things that are the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>81618809
Yeah, NOT MUH characterfags are the worst.
>>
>>81618833
That's a fair opinion, but I disagree. I like alternate versions of characters, but that's just me.
If I wanted a 1:1 version of Batman, I'd just read the comics, ya feel?
>>
>mad over batfleck not caring about the lives of career killers
>>
>>81617582
It's Bat of Manslaughter.

Get it fucking right.
>>
>>81617617

have you considered the fact that

perhaps

maybe

perchance

possibly

people complained about it when those other movies did it too?
>>
>>81618854
I don't mind certain liberties taken too, like the idea of Batman killing people. Never bothered me with the Keaton flicks, hasn't bothered me with BvS either. The problem is, given his background Bale's version just ruins it. Here's a guy so traumatized by his helplesness at his parent's death that he's resorted to running around on rooftops dressed as a bat. That's not the sort of person I can see doing regular dayjob type things such as quitting or going into retirement.
>>
I talked to a couple of friends about BvS today. They're all casual cape fans, don't really read any comics at all - the only one who did only read Marvel.

Their criticism was pretty vague and shallow. They kept saying "it just felt dull and nothing ever happened" without going into specifics.

>"I can't explain, I just felt like leaving the theater midway through it."
>"why?"
>"I don't know, I guess it's just bad."

Then when I asked them to be more specific in their criticism they said that the action scenes sucked and the martha scene was retarded.

The action scenes were fucking amazing, Batman was everything I always wanted him to be, and the Doomsday fight was absolutely over the top, like I expect a DC fight to look like.

But the Martha thing was what bothered me the most. I've seen this repeated again and again, boiled down to the "hurr our mothers have the same name let's be friends" joke, but it's actually a pretty neat moment. First because if you're actually paying attention to the movie and realizing Batman's arc of fall and redemption, you should realize the dramatic importance of the scene; it's not supposed to be 2deep or clever, or funny or relatable: it's supposed to be dramatic. It's an epiphany that makes Batman clear his mind and finally emerge from the pit of rage he dug himself into. Secondly, it's been a thing in the comics for almost 80 fucking years, and rarely been played around with. It was neat to see they use it in the movie as a major plot point.

My realization was that all the hate and negative criticism has been mostly from people too used to the modern Cape movie formula and unwilling to give something different a chance, coupled with a bit of blind fanboy side-picking.
>>
>>81618987
Well, I don't read comics, since I'm not a manchild and disagree with you. Movie was dull. Martha scene was dumb. I have 0 interest/investment in these characters and it is delicious to watch all the fanboy rage, as if they somehow matter or as if the characters have only 1 version throughout their existence. It's fun. Nerds are pathetic and get hung up on shit that doesn't matter.
>>
>My realization was that all the hate and negative criticism has been mostly from people too used to the modern Cape movie formula and unwilling to give something different a chance

DOFP was nothing like the modern cape formula and people loved it. Hell it's even more experimental considering it has a third act where the major conflict comes from a character choice, not a gigantic punch-fest. We haven't gotten a cape movie like that since TDK.
>>
>>81618394
You need to grow up and actually read those comics
>>
>>81619097
>Well, I don't read comics, since I'm not a manchild and disagree with you

Congratulations on proving my point.
>>
>>81619142
He's under the assumption that Joker's laughter coming to a sudden stop implies that Batman killed him. It's retarded I know, but there are people that think that.
>>
>>81619204
Goddamn fucking Morrisonfags.
>>
>>81619152
that only manchildren like BvS?
>>
>>81618987
i only saw it once, but whether or not the martha bit is a failure or not depends on how it's seeded through the movie, my take is that the viewer is supposed to subconsciously have a similar reaction to bruce while also having wanted the fight to happen: does the movie set up and deliver catharsis through multiple threads
also, i think the movie does a lot with how it transmutes certain images and ideas, the final image of superman and lois under batman being the psychological trigger that floods bruce's mind with specific images
my first time i was too busy thinking "this movie doesn't deserve the shit its getting" to actually go for the ride but i did get a lot first viewing. and yeah something i've been trying to say while caring to distance myself from the memes is that the reception its received has been unfair, hopefully they are able to update their view of current cultural receptability. i like the direction, and maybe they can add people like alfonso cuaron that can ride various lines in how things are presented
>>
>>81619129
>DOFP was nothing like the modern cape formula and people loved it.

It was, it just felt differently. It was still very in line with First Class, and something like Winter Soldier, which really, are really great films in their own right, but they're still much more "audience safe" than a slow paced, dark tragedy that is more character study than pure spectacle.

I'm not saying it's a super deep film, but it does take a different mindset. It's not something you can simply turn your brain off for an hour and a half to have some fun; it's a film that expects some baggage from the viewer regarding the themes and characters it plays with, and expects you to make your own assumptions on what it is trying to say.

It's light on exposition, heavy on symbolism and imagery, and wants you to think about it and not just look at it and smile.
>>
>>81619226
>heavy of symbolism
like what
>>
>>81619235

Really?
>>
>>81619242
Yeah
>>
i like how the conversation went from "you're seeing things that aren't there" to
"ham fisted"
oh wait no this is /co/...
>>
>>81619253

Yeah what? Are you so fucking dumb you couldn't even figure out the basic allegories thrown in your face in almost every fucking frame of that film?
>>
>>81619255
Both can be true
>>
>>81619268
I'd like for you to explain the symbols, as you saw them in the movie.

I assume it would be easy for you since you clearly understand the movie on a level that most other people, including critics, do not.
>>
> It's not something you can simply turn your brain off for an hour and a half to have some fun; it's a film that expects some baggage from the viewer regarding the themes and characters it plays with

That's bs m8, every time I started thinking about BvS while it was playing I got angrier.

Snyder doesn't pay off any of the themes he plays with, it's just a bunch of empty symbolism glued together with terrible dialogue. He just throws shit in from Christian scripture, Arthurian legends and Greek mythology and hopes they all slot together into something with actual meaning.

Also I'm sorry, but comparing Superman to Christ is the single most boring, overused symbolism in all of cape history. It's the least interesting route you could possibly take him outside of Greek myth, the other most-used choice of hacks. There is nothing interesting in the symbolism and allegories Snyder uses.
>>
>>81619313
well it's bs because the executes clearly state that it is a movie where you can just turn your brain off
>>
>>81619282

Christianity, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Greek Tragedies, Renascent art, Baroque paintings, on top of all the nods to the actual comics and graphic novels involving the characters in question.

I don't have to explain something that is not only obvious to anyone who isn't completely culturally ignorant, but is also much better dissected on numerous articles throughout the internet.
>>
File: jesus.png (45KB, 709x281px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
45KB, 709x281px
>>81619328
I didn't really care, I just thought you would avoid mentioning jesus
>>
>>81619313

You don't have to pay off a theme. Symbolism isn't meant to be an encrypted code that will result in a secret message once you figure it all out.

It's just that: a symbol. It has multiple meanings, and it represents multiple things. In the end it has the same end as an action scene or a dramatic exchange: engage the viewer.

>Also I'm sorry, but comparing Superman to Christ is the single most boring, overused symbolism in all of cape history

People keep saying that, but I honestly can't remember a single movie or animation that has played with that before, except MoS of course.
>>
>>81619274
well yeah but i was referring to trends in the general conversation on here or rather on /tv/
last week i got told i was looking into it too much and this week /tv/ is saying it's not subtle (as if that in itself is an indictment or otherwise means anything, metropolis is a classic and there's nothing subtle about it)

/co/ conversations revolve around cavill smile quotas, superman save scene quotas etc etc and despite an affinity for morrison it doesn't seem that people notice patterns outside of connecting direct images in hypercrisis threads, which surprised me considering the movie had already been out and no one was posting about the black sun in luthor's painting
>>
>>81619326

The action in this movie was so fucking boring and terribly shot I couldn't even enjoy that.

I can't remember the last time I cared less about a final battle then the Doomsday fight. It's a creature with no personality, no goals, no setup of is abilities, no ANYTHING. And then Snyder shoots the whole thing in close ups and snap-zooms because heaven the fuck forbid he pull the fucking camera back at any point.

The only fight I cared about in the whole movie was Batman vs KGBeast, because at least they had set him up as a villain, shown his skills, and we understood his goals. Snyder actually layed the groundwork down for a proper hero vs villain fight where everyone had understandable reasoning for being there.

And what do we get? A ten-minute boring as fuck fight with a bunch of faceless goons and a three-second confrontation with KGBeast where they don't even fucking fight. Eat shit Snyder.
>>
>>81619328
i'd advise to revise christianity references to also include that the movie makes reference of not only christianity but saviour myths in general

i think the reason's they use christianity is because
1) it's inescapably present through certain aspects of the superman story
2) inescapable because of our own culture, it's our frame of reference
3) the intent is to use the cultural mind to play around with certain ideas, in bvs, the savior as an object of worship is killed etc etc
>>
File: matrix r.jpg (57KB, 485x716px) Image search: [Google]
matrix r.jpg
57KB, 485x716px
>>81619393
?
>>
>>81619460
well also cause there is a cross in the background when superman dies
>>
>>81619503

In what scene exactly does that film compare Superman to Jesus?
>>
>>81619503
not that guy

yeah savior guy sacrifice fights one guy both take each other out yeah yeah

the fact that everything after neo's sacrifice is made ambiguous when it didn't have to be ie the architect scene with oracle sort of goes against what that sacrifice is normally supposed to mean: a definitive setting down of a new context and way of living.
i may be remembering wrong, but it seemed like the movie went, "yeah neo did what he always was meant to do and saved the day but you never know........" which i guess could tie into what people refer to as anticlimactic
>>
>>81619541
yes, i'm just saying that using christian imagery has other ends aside from associating him to jesus in our minds
>>
>>81619503
My fave Superman movie, I like the one with the lightsabers too.
>>
>>81617582
You die hero or live long enough to...become thing you hate.
>>
>>81619660
How many good guys left in Gotham?
How many stayed that way?
>>
File: neo.jpg (39KB, 611x342px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
39KB, 611x342px
>>81619634
Faster than a speeding bullet, it's a bird it's a plane, it's Neo?
>>
File: empire-luke.jpg (159KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
empire-luke.jpg
159KB, 575x323px
>>81619634
>>81619728
"He told me enough! He told me Superman killed him!"
>>
File: Happy BDay Bats.jpg (175KB, 932x698px) Image search: [Google]
Happy BDay Bats.jpg
175KB, 932x698px
You'd be angry too if Superman's fight with Zod ruined your birthday party.
>>
>>81619097
That's a big bait.

For (You)
>>
File: 1453909021279.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1453909021279.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>81618394
Adam West never murked niggers
>>
>>81617889
He wasn't Batman yet.
>>
>>81618434
>"I can't like a character unless they're a Mary Sue"
Faggot.
>>
>>81620699
Nah, I just don't like idiots and characters who constantly hold the idiot ball over their heads.
>>
>>81618394
>in one he literally strangles the joker
But he didn't.
>>
I literally dropped my jaw when Murder Bat stabbed the guy to the wall.
>>
>>81618882
They didn't though
>>
>>81617582
Snyder said it wasn't murder, anon. That it was manslaughter. Therefore, the term you should be using it Batmanslaughter. You know like Batmanslaughter v Man of Murder: Dawn of JUST
>>
>>81620791
i like how no one cares what any bad guy does, but the moment batman even gets close to being as violent as the enemy..
>>
File: yeah baby.gif (985KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
yeah baby.gif
985KB, 500x180px
>>81617988
I know, right? Like I literally zoned out and focused on his sexiness.
>>
File: seriousface.jpg (111KB, 612x450px) Image search: [Google]
seriousface.jpg
111KB, 612x450px
>>81621181
>Good guys shouldn't be held to a higher moral standard than bad guys

If this level of shitposting keeps up I'm going to need to start a smug anime girl folder.

There's no other adequate response for stupidity of this magnitude
>>
File: Bats tries S&M.gif (3MB, 640x264px) Image search: [Google]
Bats tries S&M.gif
3MB, 640x264px
>>81617988
>>
He didn't kill one person in the single movie other than knighmare part. The thing is he didn't save them
>>
File: saturday-morning-watchmen[1].jpg (40KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
saturday-morning-watchmen[1].jpg
40KB, 450x335px
>>81617617
we call the watchmen!
>>
File: 650-16-17.jpg (2MB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
650-16-17.jpg
2MB, 1988x1528px
>>81621181
Joker is probably alive despite dead Robin, random thugs, RIP.
>>
>>81621285
the moral standard is that batman is going through dozens of career killers to save an innocent, anon.

we wouldn't care if police killed them, why do we all of a sudden freak out if batman tries to take the straightest line to save someone without caring if the bad guy's live or die?
the guys who came running in with more guns didn't have to
the guy who dropped his grenade didn't have to run back and get it
the guy who stabbed batman didn't have to
kgbeast didn't have to pull the trigger

where the fuck are you pulling this bullshit of "higher moral standard" as if there's an actual competition to be had between batman and everyone else in that scene
>>
>>81621366
we don't know what the story there is. frankly, they wanted us to talk about it but it backfired when people started getting fully triggered.
i'm saving judgement until the fully story is out there
>>
>>81620668
You're right, he only murked Ruskie commies.
>>
File: superben.jpg (31KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
superben.jpg
31KB, 640x362px
>>81617988
Because he was also Superman.
>>
>>81617582
It's not really murder if they are shooting at you first.
It is killing, but murder is closer to what Batman did to TwoFace in TDK
>>
>>81617635
He killed TwoFace
After 2+ hours of not killing Joker, he tackles TwoFace down a 20ft drop and Kills him instantly
>>
File: 641-14.jpg (643KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
641-14.jpg
643KB, 994x1528px
>>81622223
>>
>>81622327
Batman often doesn't care about people killing
I mean he hangs out with Katana and red hood all the time
And they do nothing but kill
>>
>>81622380
As long as they don't do it in Gotham, Batman is cool with it.
>>
>>81622380
Red Hood a shit.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.