[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this episode still hold up well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: roped & raped.jpg (129KB, 646x790px) Image search: [Google]
roped & raped.jpg
129KB, 646x790px
Does this episode still hold up well?
>>
>>81609383
its the best episode. it only goes down from there.
>>
>>81609383
no.
Rick and Morty is a funny show, but it doesn't have any lasting effects with the jokes
guess that comes with having a pseudo improbed humor
it's funny the first and maybe second or third time, but after a couple reruns it just isn't that funny
>>
Sort of but at the same time not really?
It's still a funny and great episode all around but part of what made it so good as it was is the fact you never expect it to go so south so quick. You don't see the rape scene coming let alone a complete tonal shift to reflect how fucked up it was.

But now that you have seen it you do see it coming so it won't give you that same punch as it did the first time.
>>
File: 1407112455015.jpg (66KB, 542x487px) Image search: [Google]
1407112455015.jpg
66KB, 542x487px
>>81610312
I watched season 1 like 10 times, and it always delivered. You're way off.
>>
>Your failures are your own, old man-- I'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me!
>>
>>81610584
>WHAT ABOUT YOUR SHORT GAME!?!?
>>
>>81609383
It was pretty much the first episode where we saw the extent of how much Rick actually cares about Morty so I would say yes
>>
>>81610538
to each their own i guess
>>
>>81609383
When Morty is leaving the bathroom and begging to get Rick to take them home after almost being raped by Mr. Jellybean, there's that part where Rick sees Jellybean coming out of the bathroom all beat up, and he squints and he watches him go.

I feel like that scene embodies how Rick really feels about Morty better than any other. With that one look, saying nothing, Rick puts it all together, understands what happened, and swears revenge. He also knows to change his tune to help Morty get over it, helping his adventure be a success and forgoing his personal pride for a moment.

His look says loud and clear without saying a single word "You do not get to do that to my grandson and live to see tomorrow."
>>
>>81610793
Solid joke construction is solid joke construction no matter how many times you've seen/heard it. I'll always be able to appreciate that.

For example, I laugh, at least to myself, every time I even REMEMBER the "Magic Xylophone" gag in the Poochie episode of The Simpsons. As long as I live that will never not be funny to me.
>>
>>81610538
Not the guy. But at least for me it got really old. And I'm not able to bring myself to watch it again.
>>
>>81609383
I recently showed this episode to my borther to get him into rick and morty. I have to say I dont think it was that good the second time around, there are better episodes in my opinion.
>>
Honestly, I vastly prefer the Meeseeks part of the episode. The bit where the giant suddenly dies had me fucking rolling, though.

Honestly, Rick and Morty is at it's best in my opinion when it does black comedy, and not just pure black. I felt nothing when I saw the end of Season 2 (maybe cause I didn't end up liking S2 as much as S1), but Auto-Erotic Assimilation made me feel more in the end since it had a balance of comedy AND tragedy with the ending. Jerry dicking around in the background prevented the scene from being an 'oh, okay' moment, and instead became pretty memorable bit.
>>
>>81613499
Rick's remark near the end of that episode still sticks with me, and is probably one of the more telling parts of his character.

"Fun's fun, but who needs it?"
>>
>>81613803
It definitely gives a better insight to his character than we got prior. There are smaller moments where he cares about Morty, but those feel far too obvious.

The part of his character where he essentially lives a suicidally hedonistic venture throughout the galaxy, and is heavily implied to have done a lot of war crimes to preserve freedom against the Feds? That's something I appreciate far more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.