[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Humphries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

So Sam Humphries is writing the new Green Lanterns. I know hes a Marvel guy but is his writing even good?

What has he written that can be considered decent?

I like both characters that will be featured in this book and really want it to succeed but I don't know if we can trust this guy to not fuck it up.
>>
>>81592323
he's never written anything decent imo but DC is usually able to draw some good out of the worst creators so I hope it'll be at least average and inoffensive
>>
>>81592455
This

And both Jessica and Simon are blank slates so if he just doesn't do anything too out there and tries to respect GL shit then it should be at least mediocre
>>
>>81592455
His Avengers AI was pretty good, actually. Which makes me sad, because he CAN write well, I don't know why he doesn't.
>>
He was getting better with Avengers AI but then he got put with Bendis who reinforced his bad habits.

Guy tries and works hard, just isn't that talented.

Funny thing is Hopeless is the opposite. Doesn't try and is stupid but has talent.
>>
>>81592488
I think this will be better than Venditti's GL.
>>81592569
>>81592577
>I'm not only one who likes Avengers AI
Well, either we're all geniuses or shittiest of shit taste.
>>
KEEP HIM AWAY FROM G'NORT
>>
File: 04.jpg (1MB, 1193x1834px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
1MB, 1193x1834px
desu I wish Jessica Cruz kept volthoom's ring. the whole focal point of her character arc is that of a green lantern's, i.e. overcoming fear but her arc is different in the sense that her ring is powered by fear and so it makes her arc her mastering volthoom and gaining control of a ring that infects its users

but mostly I just wanna see her interact more with the soul of moe earth-3 hal jordan more
>>
File: 19.jpg (1MB, 1193x1834px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
1MB, 1193x1834px
>>81593078
>>
File: 20.jpg (1MB, 1193x1834px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
1MB, 1193x1834px
>>81593154
>>
>>81593078
>Volthoom's ring= unique
>GL ring= generic
When she wields GL ring, only thing that stand out is her gender and nothing else.
>>
I'm also in the "Avengers AI was fine" camp.

Away from Bendis and Marvel editors, there's a chance he'll turn out a solid book here.

The Hal & the Corps book is fucked, though.
>>
File: Batman Ha Ha Ha.png (301KB, 306x458px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Ha Ha Ha.png
301KB, 306x458px
>>81592323
>Sam Humphries
>Bendis's bitch
>good
>>
>>81592323
Earth does not need 6 fucking Green Lanterns. All of them are from America too. Ridiculous.
>>
>>81592323
>I know hes a Marvel guy but is his writing even good?
He is the worst writer Marvel has after Bennett (who was more of a DC writer).
>>
>>81592323
He's the Scott Lobdell of Marvel.

Well, now he's the other Scott Lobdell of DC
>>
>>81594682
America is the best country. No other country has as much WILL. Also Hal isn't in the GLC anymore.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.