[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they have to kill off the best character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: Tadashi-Big-Hero-6.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tadashi-Big-Hero-6.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
Why did they have to kill off the best character?
>>
>>81589131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh1TX6_A-UQ
looks kinda like this
>>
So that the story could happen
>>
>>81589131
It's Disney. As soon as you figure out who the main character is, you can start the betting pool on which family member is going to be killed off to spur the main character's development.
>>
>>81589187
>>81589165
Couldn't they have killed their mother instead? Kept the honored Disney tradition of losing parents?
>>
To make us suffer
>>
>>81589214
They did kill the mom. The woman they lived with was their aunt
>>
>>81589214
The point is to kill someone who is close to the protagonist and whose character, goals, or position are all things that the protagonist looks up to or wants to copy or become.

Disney does kill parents in order to get them out of the way, like it did with the parents already (and why he and Hiro live with their aunt) but that's more a convenience thing than a means to force the protagonist to move.
>>
>>81589637
Then kill the aunt. Kill the robot. Kill anyone except Tadashi and his little bro.
>>
>>81589131

He was too handsome to die.
>>
>>81589737
Don't you see? You see the aunt and Baymax as acceptable losses. You don't see Tadashi as an acceptable loss because you care about Tadashi.

That's why he has to die. To make you feel and, more importantly, feel like Hiro.
>>
>>81589789
You kill who I care about and I'm less inclined to care about the rest of the movie.
>>
>>81589934
Then you might want to steer clear of Disney movies.
>>
>>81589131
>abandoning his brother who he knows is troubled and in need of guidance for his college professor
>his sacrifice his wasted because his professor was evil
>>
>>81589972
Most Disney movies don't kill who I really care about.
>>
>>81590018
Then I guess the problem is just you.
>>
>>81589131
To make the main character (and the audience) grow up and start them on the heroes journey, amigo
>>
File: kh3_bh6_concept.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kh3_bh6_concept.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Maybe Tadashi will come back in Kingdom Hearts III.
>>
>>81590013
he was obviously fucking the professor
>>
It's a Simon/Kamiya thing. The older bro dies so the younger one can step up and fill his shoes.
>>
>>81590393
Why can't the brothers do things together? Killing the older brother implies that he was somehow holding the younger one back and only death can make him stronger/grow up.
>>
>>81589131
But Honey Lemon still lived.
>>
>>81590599
Her personality and motives is inferior compared to Tadashi's though.
>>
>>81590762
she is also not as cute as him
>>
>>81589131
>generic super kewl college dudebro
>best character
End yourself.
>>
>>81589934
Well then maybe PBS kids is more your speed, anon.
>>
>>81589131
Tadashi will return.
Can't have Big Hero Six without a Sunfire.
>>
Tadashi is pure sex.
>>
>>81590915
he was really hot though
>>
>>81591475
Only for a little while.
>>
>>81591495
m8 pls don't disrespect my husbando like that
>>
>>81589131
So i watched this movie once, my biggest gripe was how fucking pointless this dudes death was.
The professor blew up the fucking science fair to take the invention right? (Which already, terrible fucking spurr of the moment plan that somehow went off without a hitch) Which caused Hiro's bro to get killed, for what exactly?
He wanted revenge on that corporate dude who fucked him over? For "killing" his daughter? He's pretty much a terrible mister freeze. Anyway from what i understand he didn't want nor try to do more than just outright KILL the dude who ruined his life, so why in the ever living fuck did he have to go through such fucking ridiculous efforts to get the nano machines, recreate them, and go out to to kill the dude when he could have just bought a fucking gun and killed him in cold blood wearing the same fucking get up?
>>
>>81591941
When you're a mad scientist, you don't do anything in a cheap and simple way. Especially if your motivation is revenge.
>>
>>81591986
But professors do cheap all the time. Grants are limited.
>>
File: tumblr_mdgfhcWVpL1qa87ch.png (187KB, 460x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdgfhcWVpL1qa87ch.png
187KB, 460x331px
>>81590937
Are you sure?
>>
He'll always be alive in my heart.
>>
File: gurren_lagann_glasses.png (36KB, 610x260px) Image search: [Google]
gurren_lagann_glasses.png
36KB, 610x260px
Because it makes for a good story.
>>
>>81589698
>dead/absent parents out of convenience (as in to not have to write them)
This is such a common trope people don't even notice it.
>>
>>81589131
It was a super science expo, dude just leapt into a cryo chamber or time machine or some shit and he'll be back in the sequel.

Why not, sciencing your way out of dying worked for the professor.
>>
>>81592017
That's why it took him so long to enact his vengeance. Fucking public sector funding was taking forever and he decided to stop waiting for Gogo to inevitably weaponize her invention so he could begin Operation: Bikeclops and just went with a quick and easy method of blowing up part of his own school to mask stealing a bunch of robots when he really obviously only needed to steel one to start replicating his own.
>>
>>81592759
This.

Remember they never say they found the body. If the body isn't found, then he's not technically dead.
>>
>>81589934
The point of the movie was to teach kids about the loss of a loved one. Probably the only worthwhile thing from that movie.
>>
>>81591475
>he was really hot
chuckled

>so light em up up up
>>
>>81592759
I don't think they'll make him alive, not at least in this generation (probably a cashgrab reboot in the future?). The point of the movie was coping the loss of a loved one. If they revive him, it kind of cheapens the message.
>>
File: velvet.jpg (103KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
103KB, 598x598px
>>81593704
YUP

Also: I expect the sequel to exploit the fact that Baymax v.1 WITH THE RED KILL-CHIP is floating around in some other dimension.
>>
>>81593814
>it kind of cheapens the message.
This is Disney we're talking about. Though it wouldn't quite be adverse to the actual ending of the movie when Hiro risks himself to save the professor's daughter who was long believed dead.

>>81593407
If he did he'd probably just end up as the villain in the second movie (amnesia or something else warping his brain requiring he be saved by the power of love or some shit). Quite a few wished he was the villain in the first movie as a twist.
>>
>>81593849
It's confirmed that a major part of the BH6 world in Kingdom Hearts 3 is Baymax v1 was corrupted by the Darkness and become a Heartless.
>>
>>81593927
>Quite a few wished he was the villain in the first movie as a twist.

makes sense, he was already sexy and evil versions are always sexier
>>
File: Gurren-lagann-16-.jpg (49KB, 524x312px) Image search: [Google]
Gurren-lagann-16-.jpg
49KB, 524x312px
>>81589131
so that pic related could happen
>cool older brother that everyone likes dies
>MC has to over come grief to ride on his giant robot
>Robot rejects him when he becomes fueled by rage
>has to learn to let go and become his own person to win the day
>>
>>81593927
When I was watching it with my family (who had already seen it) I was about half way through when I asked my mother, "The bad guy's gonna be his brother, isn't it?"

Boy was I wrong.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.