[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARKSIDE WAR is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: DSwar.jpg (13KB, 179x282px) Image search: [Google]
DSwar.jpg
13KB, 179x282px
The hype for this is SOOOO dead that the last issue had a storytime that lasted only 2 hours alive.

Is this the final prove Johns should stay away from the New Gods forever?
>>
>>81549041
>DC BENDIS! DC BENDIS!
>>
>>81549061
>johnsfags will defend that the storytime didnt even last 4 hours
>>
>>81549041
King's GL issue lasted even less first time it was storytimed.
>>
>>81549153
It was a tie in and wasnt made by Johns.

Also: Johns apparently thinks Romans were around when Wonder woman was born.
>>
>>81549197
But it's BASED KING. It's terrible how fast that issue went to archive.
>Romans thing
Yeah. Either Temyscira has time bubble around it or Johns gave absolutely no fucks.
>>
>>81549041

I like the cosmic scope, and the art is godly (ha ha) but it does drag on. Although not as much as the Rao story, which I guess happened much, much later!
>>
>>81549230
>Yeah. Either Temyscira has time bubble around it or Johns gave absolutely no fucks.
That's been the story throughout his JL run.
>didn't give a fuck about first 2 volumes
>Throne of Atlantis is suddenly top tier shit
>didn't give a fuck about Trinity War because editorially mandated piece of shit
>Forever Evil is fucking awesome and tie in Justice League well worth a read.
>Following volumes he's giving massive fuck because he suddenly introduced an OC and because Luthor wankery
>Amazo virus is alright because he's getting to write Trinity unfiltered
This has been a pattern. Either he's writing that at the time seems like best shit or he's just half assing. Thank God he's getting off Justice League soon.
>>
>>81549456
I want johns to leave continuity. He needs to do Minis with the charecters he wants to do. The monthly thing is not working he has too much on his hands already with the TV and MOVIE stuff
>>
>>81549456
>>81549490
Why do you follow a writer you hate?
>>
So is this Darkside war the reason why Earth 2 heroes were all in a prison on some OMAC island a year or two ago? Leading up to Future's End?
>>
>>81549230
>Yeah. Either Temyscira has time bubble around it or Johns gave absolutely no fucks.
The panel with the Kents showing Clark's rocket to him earlier in the arc also contradicted current continuity.
>>
>>81549531
How do you interpretate those posts as hate?
>>81549567
No connection with any other storyline
>>
>>81549597
>How do you interpretate those posts as hate?
Well, you're shitting on Johns all the time.
>>
>>81549610
2 different posters.
>>
>>81549627
Ha ha, sure.
>>
>>81549593
I loved that page, though.
>what's in the sea
>what's in the skies
>FUCKING JOE CHILL, I'M GONNA FIND HIM
Every time, Bruce.
>>
>>81549632
Why are fanboys so retarded, are you the guy that thinks every criticism to Johns is made by the same guy?

>>81549061

? Why dont you actually try to defend the shitfest the last issue was instead of calling all posters in this threads samefags.
>>
>>81549675
>Why are fanboys so retarded
Because... fanboys.
>>
>>81549567
No, that was part of Future's End 5 years later, not "leading to it"
>>
>>81549667
That was a very poor understanding of the characters and very generic, also. It implied they were all the same age... just now retcon Diana into a bronze age gal. The book is not coherent anymore.
>>
Darkseid War is a pretty shit name
>>
>>81549593
I don't think johns gives a fuck up the current continuity anymore
he didn't reboot green lantern and now everything from parallax hal to blackest night is supposed to have happened at some point in this universe
>>
>>81549699
Story trumps continuity and all.
And yeah, it made Trinity+ Arthur and Hal sameish age.
Just thinking about Batman's age and trying to fit his backstory is making me dizzy.
>>
>>81549726
And Hal sees Parallax and is all "who the hell is Parallax?". Fucking half-resets. Either do it right or don't do it at all.
>>
>>81549729
>Story trumps continuity and all.
The problem is that this is THE SAME STORY WITH THE SAME WRITTER.
The most important writter at DC, the CCO and the guy behind the movies. So is a pretty big deal that he doesnt care about the stuff he is writting.
>>
Darkseid War is Final Crisis done right.
>>
>>81549809

Just like with '52' and 'Countdown'.
>>
File: reply.jpg (132KB, 1649x931px) Image search: [Google]
reply.jpg
132KB, 1649x931px
>>81549809
No. Got me to reply though.
>>
File: Green Lantern (2011-) 050-030.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern (2011-) 050-030.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>81549744
yeas they didn't even keep it straight in the issue itself
>>
>>81549809
Care to argue why? and your argument can't be "Based cereal king".

Nothing has happened so far. The god powered heroes has done nothing. The "war" was a small fight. The hyped CSA is finnished. And Darkside did nothing. The only things we got was that: Omegaforce is somehow a thing. And that Johns still doesnt acknowledge Gaiman's endless.

How can this be Final Crisis done right if there's no crisis or even a sense of emergency?
>>
>>81549863
Some people was really butthurt when that came out. Everyone was hyped about "the real parallax" and then they went with the Bug excuse it was sad.
>>
>>81550015
>Some people was really butthurt when that came out
I'm still salty.
>>
>>81549799
>The problem is that this is THE SAME STORY WITH THE SAME WRITTER.

It's not a problem if you let go of your autism and just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>81550034
>>81550015

You are not the only ones, the fallen hero vs a hero that failed was a pretty interesting idea.
Hal being Guilty and having to deal with the guilt instead of being just too weak to fight the bug?.

I'm butthurt.
>>
>>81550072
How is expecting a writter doesnt shit the bed in the same story autism?

It's bad writting and being careless. And there's no much to enjoy in the first place.
>>
>>81550072
>enjoy the ride

It's a really slow ride. Nothing to see really.
>>
>>81550015
I still am, he wasn't fearbug in the convergence mini I don't see why they changed it
>>
#50 will probably be a thread full of hype just for the joker reveal
>>
>>81552362
>#50 will probably be a thread full of hype just for the joker reveal

Do you really think anyone cares about Johns contribution to bat-mythos?
The thread will be full of batfags calling him a hack and shitting on Johns.
>>
i honestly believe it'll read better as one big trade
>>
>>81552395
bad hype is still hype

but it might stick because johns is still for some reason the continuity authority at DC
>>
>>81552395
Was there any time Batfags weren't triggered by Johns?
>>
>>81549041
Looked in the archive. Couldn't find it. I call you a liar, OP.
>>
>>81552751

>>81505924
>>
why do niggas get triggered by mary sues? they show up for an arc or two so who cares
>>
>>81552751
He lied, the thread only lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes and most people was hating it.
>>
File: iroodukakiek.jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
iroodukakiek.jpg
16KB, 640x360px
>>81552796
>>
>>81552395
>Do you really think anyone cares about Johns contribution to bat-mythos?
we at least want to know what it is for when we bitch about it and bitch about everyone bitching about it
>>
>>81552942

Joker will be Joe Chill. Johns doesnt read Batman Comics, he watches Batman movies.
>>
>>81553018
Joe "Chill" kerr. A former comedian that had an abusive parent and a crazy wife.
>>
>>81549703
DC is taking lessons from the marvel school of event naming
>>
I still have no idea where Aquaman is.
>>
>>81553173
>go to Atlantis and say you have unfinished business with League
>go to League and say you have unfinished business in Atlantis
>go to lighthouse and bang hell out of Mera
My headcanon so far.
>>
>>81553211
That's what I'd do. Arthur has no reason to leave the lighthouse except for fifteen minute breaks
>>
>>81549041
I'm still hyped for this... but the delays..... the fucking delays....
>>
>>81553278
Can you give us reasons to be hyped? meaby you can cheer us up
>>
Most of what I read of DC is just limited series (eg all Star superman, kingdom come, DKR etc). I recently was looking into picking up some DC series but im really confused by the multiverse thing. Does the main justice league comic take place in the main batman universe? or is each book in its own universe? how do so many batman stories run simultaniously? and why is jim gordon batman in some books but not in the justice league??

im not even too casual i read a lot of comics, but im trying to grasp this
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (28KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
28KB, 426x240px
>>81549041
>The hype for this is SOOOO dead
>SOOOOO

Yeah and my nutbag feels SOOOOO good jiggling in your throat.
>>
>>81553247
Thirty minute breaks, Salty needs to be walked.
>>81553333
>Does the main justice league comic take place in the main batman universe?
Yes.
>or is each book in its own universe?
Only Harley Quinn, from what anons told me.
> how do so many batman stories run simultaniously?
Batday has 52 hours.
> and why is jim gordon batman in some books but not in the justice league??
Gordon Batman happened before Darkseid War.
Or was it after?
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>81549094
>measuring worth in thread duration
>SoP made fucking award medals for his weeklong marathon of bad comics

WEW LAD
>>
>>81549456

Throne of Atlantis seemed like something I would have cared more about if I had read Aquaman.

Is that pretty much true?

>>81549699

You guys understand the Roman thing doesn't mean the Romans are around and actually serves as a way to show how sheltered the Amazon's are right?
>>
>>81553398
>>81553364

Johnsfags had arrived
>>
>>81553406
>Throne of Atlantis seemed like something I would have cared more about if I had read Aquaman.
Eh. Throne of Atlantis was when he said "fuck everything, I'll be king". In Aquaman run until then it was "fuck everything, I don't want to be king".
That's how I remember, anyway. Read it long ago.
>>
>>81553406
>You guys understand the Roman thing doesn't mean the Romans are around and actually serves as a way to show how sheltered the Amazon's are right?

I have no idea what you are trying to imply.
>>
Its bad. It could've been good. But it was just so slow for what it actually is. All these "twists" and "turns" and it really comes back to it just being a fight book. And grail is kidna a hack character who is taking up way too much importance to have such a silly and contrived back story and motives.

It would've been better for it to just be a big fight book, it doesn't require a big plot.
>>
>>81553984
Too many characters doing nothing
>>
>>81553396
>Gordon Batman happened before Darkseid War.
>Or was it after?
It happened before, since after Godon Batman, Bruce Bats has a new suit. The new Superman issue also confirms that it goes Darkseid War -> Truth/DCYou
>>
>>81555046
JL is not canon, as simple as that, is not a book in continuity, just like harley quinn, is just a book that is there.
>>
>>81549041
The reveal for Rebirth, the terrible pacing and delays have killed any hype Darkseid War once had.
>>
>>81555491
It's in canon the only thing is due to DC's story trump continuity mantra (which they're now dropping with Rebirth) none of the books have to reference anything happening in Darkseid War.
>>
>>81556045
>it's a Batman has godpowers and does nothing episode
>it's a god of strenght got BTFO with one hit from ultraman episode
>it's a Darkseid isnt in Darkseid war episode
>>
>>81556179
Johns can't write team books for shit anymore. The Justice League have been absolutely useless in their own book for years now.
>>
>>81556287
Don't worry, based Hitch will give us better book.
>>
>>81556287
Lex killed the book. a good third of the issues were wasted on him.
>>
>tfw Hitch's JLA has been more entertaining than Darkseid war

I hate his art, but I'm excited hes taking over JL
>>
>>81556320
I'm actually enjoying his JLA even though it's slow as shit
>>
>>81556349
Him and Cold have really been anchors holding this book down.

Don't get me wrong, I like both characters but when I'm reading about the Justice League I wanna read about the marquee characters, not Geoff Johns' pet characters who don't belong there.
>>
File: uncannyx-men23cover-fe307.jpg (44KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
uncannyx-men23cover-fe307.jpg
44KB, 400x600px
>>81556385
>whole year doing single arc that will be resolved through time-travel
Oh, why is that so familiar to me.
>>
>>81556411
It killed the pace, JSA worked on interactiopns between characters. JL has to be the bigger than life book, not "look in this issue Lex outsmarts bruce and makes superman mad".He put Cyborg on the team and he did nothing with him for 4 years, he reinvented Shazam and did nothing with him, pretty much everything he introduced was wasted.
>>
>>81556789
That just about sums it up perfectly. Johns' Justice League is nothing but wasted potential.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.