[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUPERMAN RETURNS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: image8041413448922157426.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image8041413448922157426.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
>Superman is a real hero, not a brooding edgelord
>Great color palette compared to MoS drab style
>Flying scenes look better
>Donner-esque cinematography
>The super-son subplot sucked but at least the film doesn't shy away from big ideas
>the space shuttle scene is better than anything MoS and BvS came up with
>A Superman costume that is true to the comics

Has BvS made you see Superman Returns in a more positive light /co/?
>>
Unfortunately, it hasn't.

As terrible as B v D and Man of Steel are, at the very leaat, they aren't boring. Being boring is, for me, the most unpardonable sin a piece of storytelling can commit. Whether it's an oral story, a documentary, a comedic play or a film drama, nothing is worse then a boring story.
>>
>>81511633
>true to the comics
Sorry bro but you must not read comics that's no longer canon
His suit has no undies just accept it now
>>
GOAT intro of any modern comic book movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyE1V6Ac49Q
>>
>>81511633
I enjoyed it. It had a great beginning and ending stories. Unfortunately there was nothing really to connect them
>>
>>81511633
Eh, it's been some time since I saw Superman Returns but the recut floating around under "Superman Restored" is GOAT, at least compared to the Snyder entries.
>>
>>81511633
The bad guys plan was trying to sell real estate on a radioactive rock.
>>
>>81512203
Ok that was pretty bad
But bvs the bad guys plan was to make 2 guys fight each other for a theater audience
>>
>>81512203

Superman Returns was mostly about Superman reconnecting with Lois. Luther's plans and stuff were mostly window dressing.
>>
>>81511633
nah I just rewatched it yesterday to give it another chance after BvS.

It's boring as fuck, even if its "true to the comics", which is a laugh. Also don't care for Superman being literally a twink, I'm guessing that's part of Singer's contribution.

The only nice thing was the airplane rescue and seeing everyone's reaction to Superman returning.
>>
>>81512203
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kryptonite wasn't actually established as radioactive (for anyone other than a kryptonian at least) in the Reeve movies, was it?
I think it's stated pretty clearly that the only reason Lex even put the stuff in lead, was to make sure Superman doesn't see it.

If so, that either means that in Returns (which is very much in the same universe) it either still isn't radioactive, or the whole time it was, but Lex's been ignorant of it, just like when he managed to give himself cancer.
>>
>>81511633
He has a better costume but thats about it

I miss the red shorts, you shluld not fuck with national icons tbqh
>>
Superman Returns is a really boring film. I remember sleeping when I first watched it.
>>
>>81511633
>Has BvS made you see Superman Returns in a more positive light /co/?

No MoS already did it
>>
We need a Donner film, about a person gifted with powers and abilities beyond what a human has, and living up to all the potential and ideals regular humans have. while still having kickass fight scenes
>>
>>81511633

Superman Returns wanted to be a Reeve/Kidder/Hackman Superman film. But it was made fifteen years too late for that and came off as half-assed and derivative. Routh and Spacey were fine casting, but Kate Bosworth was a terrible choice for Lois (I mean, she's literally unbelievable as a veteran reporter, she looks like a high school student). I say, with a better script and Parker Posey as Lois rather than as Lex's floozy it could have been a great movie.
>>
It just needed a few action scenes to spice the movie up. My comic shop refers to it as the superman lifts heavy things movie.
>>
>>81511906

Donner co wrote the Superman comics all the way up until 2010.
>>
>>81512346

Routh wasn't a twink. More of a sperg. Singer claims he cast him because the guy spilled coffee on himself when they were meeting to discuss the role
>>
>>81514161
And there you have why his Clark was good
>>
I didnt liked it at all aside for a few scenes like the one OP is talking about, and even that is just saving people and that is shit, you dont have to be an edgelord to fight, it was boring, it lacked action and Lex Luthor was not even a genious was like a mexican man with a bit of puerto rican.
>>
>>81514423

Exactly.
>>
>>81514632

Lex just wanted to fuck over Superman. The movie could have benefited immensely by having a final battle to wrap up the action it had sprinkled throughout the film so you spergs wouldn't complain about how boring it was though.
>>
It's got some good scenes but really it lacks punch. It should have had Metello or Parasite or even Bizzaro to give it more uniqueness.
>>
>>81511633
>true to comics

It was true to the old superman movies
(which I liked but aren't like the comics in a lot of respects)

They will never make a proper Silver Age Style Superman movie
>>
>>81516065
>They will never make a proper Silver Age Style Superman movie
Maybe not specifically Silver Age, but have you not heard of George Reeves?
>>
>>81514065
Yeah, but the previous anons stupid point was in 2011 they got rid of the undies.
>>
This movie attempted to be a second shot at doing Superman II. Well, we didn't need a new Superman II. We already have Superman II and it is excellent (of course the Donner cut is better but whatever.)
>>
>>81511633
It is also boring

Very very very very very very fucking boring.
So making a girl pregnant, then make her forget that the babys is yours, force her to raise it herself while you fuck off into space is a real hero now?

Thanks for telling me, my view on black people has changed.
>>
>>81511633
Not even close
>A Superman costume that is true to the comics
BvS Supersuit may not be true to the comics, but it's the best looking one so far
>>
>>81511868
I don't know, man, I find the new X-Men movies boring as all hell. There's only so much "let's teach Raven to love again" I can stand.

They're terribly boring, yet they seem to be doing well.
>>
>>81512523
Okay, let's rephrase that. Luthor's scheme involves the USA somehow allowing him to sell real estate from an island within their territorial waters that was created through Luthor's intentional destruction of the Eastern seaboard and guarded/occupied entirely by Luthor, his girlfriend, and his three prison buddies.
>>
>>81518552
And let's not forget that the world would be to busy with world war 3 or an global collapse to buy anything on his island.
>>
>>81511633
BvS costume was better. Not because of the lack of trunks, but because the neckline, belt height and especially shield on the SR costume sucked.
>>
>>81518552
>>81518606
Fair enough.

Although, considering that he can apparently do all this, I would have to assume that once Superman is out of the picture, Luthor probably has the resources to hold the world hostage.
He could probably crash half the world's industry, and it will be pretty difficult to fight a war without that.
>>
>>81518676
Why he'd still want to make even more money at this point is a good question though.

Maybe he wants to bring to fruition the glorious communist cause, by becoming the sole proprietor of the planet, and then empowering the proletariat.
I mean how much crazier would that be?
>>
File: 1350353504902.jpg (19KB, 153x221px) Image search: [Google]
1350353504902.jpg
19KB, 153x221px
>CGI double for Brandon no matter how close the shot

for what purpose?
>>
>>81518676
>Luthor probably has the resources to hold the world hostage
Like what? That barren rock of his has no soil or natural resources that are usable for earth.
>>
File: tumblr_n7xy6bPNYN1sioepzo1_500.jpg (102KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7xy6bPNYN1sioepzo1_500.jpg
102KB, 500x697px
GUYS Antje Traue (Faora) did another nude sex scene!!!
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5747726/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5762394/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel_02.html

Here is her previous scenes...
http://watchscenes.com/antje-traue-nude-scene-in-weinberg/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPgp368Gk
>>
File: henry_cavill_batman_v_superman[1].jpg (1015KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
henry_cavill_batman_v_superman[1].jpg
1015KB, 1920x1200px
>>81511633
>>Superman is a real hero, not a brooding edgelord
Supercuck
>>Great color palette compared to MoS drab style
The Blue looks better but the red is shit
>>Flying scenes look better
MoS first flight was fantastic
>>Donner-esque cinematography
>wanting the same thing over and over again
>>The super-son subplot sucked but at least the film doesn't shy away from big ideas
So did killing Zod
>>the space shuttle scene is better than anything MoS and BvS came up with
It was ok
>>A Superman costume that is true to the comics
Is this bait? Is is because of muh red undies

Literally not muh: the post
>>
>>81518823
Wait, wait, hold on, sorry.
Been ages since I watched this movie and I just remembered that the crystal grows in water.
For some reason, I thought he literally misdirected a giant chunk of Krypton, which you can see would have taken billions upon billions of dollars.
>>
>>81518865
The airplane scene should have cut some of the parts on the inside of the cabin, would have massively ramped the tension.
>>
File: Acktuallly.jpg (136KB, 1000x533px) Image search: [Google]
Acktuallly.jpg
136KB, 1000x533px
>>81511633
I have long said this about Superman Returns, as a Superman adaptation, it's horrible. It's full of terrible ideas and beyond that the idea of being simultaneously a reboot for the Superman IP, a sequel to Superman II that ignores III & IV and somehow also a remake of Superman I is convoluted as fuck.

However, as a story of a man who longs to belong somewhere and find something he can call a home, it's pretty good.

So looking at it just as a movie, its miles better than Man of Steel, which is honestly one of the single worst made movies I've ever seen in a theater. Again, its not a NOT MUH ______ situation, its genuinely poorly made, nothings built up, you constantly feel like you're in the middle of scenes, the flashbacks are narrative mess. Honestly, I see MoS on par with Green Lantern in terms of actual quality.
>>
>>81513998

It really needed more over-the-top criminals doing shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn_KZtDhV4Y
>>
>>81517981

Didn't Superman Returns because of Singer's lovefest with Donner, the reason why the Donner Cut finally got released?
>>
File: grinwizard.jpg (444KB, 2073x852px) Image search: [Google]
grinwizard.jpg
444KB, 2073x852px
>>81518080
>Thanks for telling me, my view on black people has changed.

polkek
>>
>>81511633
They were both terrible in different ways. I want a GOOD Superman movie. It shouldn't be this damn hard to make, just get someone competent in charge.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.