[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one reason why batman v superman is bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

Name one reason why batman v superman is bad
>>
Lexxe Luthorberg
>>
Martha.
>>
"It was too complex for me" - Everyone ITT
>>
I hate 4chan's contrarianism.
>>
I still don't get this Capekino phrase. I just keep thinking of the Big Bambino, which makes me think of Babe Ruth smoking a cigar.
>>
Bruce and Diana didn't have sex. What a waste of matherial
>>
There was no quipping
>>
>>81509599

It did not end in homosex.
>>
>>81509599
Batman and Superman only exchange about 3 lines of dialogue. You'd think a movie that's supposed to be about Batman and Superman would feature the two characters interacting more.
>>
File: oops.png (523KB, 750x1613px) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
523KB, 750x1613px
>>81509599
>>
>>81509695
Its a meme meaning a bad cape movie that uses the "too smart for the audience" defense ironically believed and taken to its logical conclusion of some art house cape subgenre that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>81509599
Snyder.

Next question.
>>
>>81509599
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's going to make a billion dollars and there's nothing Marvelfags can do about it.
>>
>>81509599
Primarily for the same reason MoS was bad. Poor editing and lack of characterisation.

We are have short choppy scenes leading to a climax that we are not invested in. We don't know the characters or their motivations beyond the shallow explanations or meta commentary.

Who is this Superman? Beyond the poor flashbacks of MoS to the silly day dream in BvS we don't really know. So we are treated to a moody man.

MoS had 20 minutes of Krypton and then a wandering Clark. They didn't focus on him. We see him save people from an oil rig. It looks great but doesn't make us feel anything beyond the CGI spectacle. Why not focus on that scene to show who he is?

And BvS continues this. Okay he works at the Daily Planet. What does he do? Who is he? What right does he have to question the Batman's methods?

Sure, some of the imagery and ideas are good. But there is no real meat in the story. No characters to be invested in. So we end up just sitting and watching the spectacle.
>>
>>81509755
>that doesn't actually exist.

history will vindicate Capekino
>>
Characters weren't likable.

Not saying it has to be quip city, but the key to a cinematic universe is characters that we actually like, that we want to see in future movies.

Nobody wants to see Superman mope about being a god for another ten movies. Know the reason why Iron Man jump started the MCU? Because he was enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>81509753
Water blocks radiation really well. It'd make sense for her to assume that it'd do the same for Kryptonite.
>>
>>81509764
I don't think Marvelfags care.
No, what you're experiencing is DC fan butthurt. You know, from people who actually LIKE these characters and see this whole movie series as... well something akin to rape. Like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Marvel Fans are all over in the Civil War thread. I don't think they even know this movie came out.
>>
File: 1.jpg (285KB, 1680x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
285KB, 1680x750px
Better version
>>
>>81509802
So she contaminates the water with radioactive material?
>>
At this point I don't believe anyone here actually likes the movie and that anyone that claims they did is just being a contrarian shitposter.
>>
>>81509802
What made her jump back in to get it?
It's not like she knew that Doomsday was a mutated Zod.
>>
>>81509857
No, I don't think the water will become radioactive if the kryptonite stays in the spear. That's at least the case for some types of radiation, but maybe I'm mistaken.

>>81509897
I think she heard that there was something happening at the crash site so she knew it was somehow Kryptonian in origin.

I'm not saying the movie was good or without giant holes in logic, but throwing the spear in water and then getting it back out made sense to me.
>>
File: 1436201972096.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1436201972096.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
BOYS!
>>
>>81509940
The main problem with her throwing it away in the first place is how unnecessary it is and how obvious that it happens just to give Lois a reason to be in the scene and so she can be the lady in the lake delivering the magic weapon.

Snyder does a ton of shit like that where logical things don't happen because he needs to set up a convoluted set piece. Like how the neither of the clear and obvious weapon users of the trinity can use the spear because Super Christ has to use it to slay the devil. Or like how an archaic weapon like a spear is the go to thing to make in the first place rather than bullets or gas or something more useful.

People do dumb and nonsensical shit in this movie so that Snyder can stroke his "I'm so deep" boner and the contrarian /tv/ fucks just bleat kino memes at it.
>>
you need to save Martha
>>
>>81509666
/thread
>>
If I didn't know that Lex was supposed to be a super genius, I'd just assume they left out the scene where someone told him that Clark was supes.

I guess that means the Kimmel scene was actually real
>>
>>81510613
What's this supposed to prove? That you're a faggot?
>>
piss poor editing keeps it from being a good movie

poorly adapting the comic book characters keeps if from being a good comic book movie.
>>
>>81511014
If I'm a faggot then so's your dad, which makes you half a faggot
>>
>>81509666
>>81510854
>implying that there was anything wrong with "Martha"
>implying that "Martha" is a get out of jail free card with bats/
>>
>>81510709
>Like how the neither of the clear and obvious weapon users of the trinity can use the spear because Super Christ has to use it to slay the devil.

Batman was trying not to die and with the entire harbor area decimated he wouldn't have even know where to look for it, let alone dig it up from the rubble. The latter applies to WW too, plus she was busy keeping DD at bay and later holding him in place with the lasso.
>>
>>81510709
Lois getting rid of a weapon that almost killed Clark makes sense. What, should she have just left it there?
>>
>Look, I can see their parachutes!
>they're okay
>>
>>81509599
Amy Adams boobs just out of frame 0/10
>>
I neeeeeed that shot of galdot, but I'll I got is the cropped one from the trailer
>>
>>81509755
Thinking that just because a movie has superheroes means it needs to exist within a tiny box of narrative constraints are what's killing the cape comics genre.
>>
It does a poor job explaining Lex's motivation and showing that anyone sees Superman as anything but a menace.
>>
>>81509886
Really? Because at this point, while I agree that it didn't really meet the expectations it set for itself, this is one of the rare occasions where "Too deep for you" is actually a valid criticism.
>>
>>81510760
This could have been solved much more elegantly

Just have Lois get there earlier, and have Clark say "they're going to kill my mother" as Lois gets in Bruce's way. Then have Lois say that her name is Martha.
>>
>>81509822
Yeah right.

Aside from some minor manslaughter that is traditionally associated with Batman in other forms of media, he's more on point than any previous film.

The biggest complaint I've seen is Lex Luthor, but that's made by dumbasses who keep forgetting that despite his genius, being a smallminded arrogant and prissy lunatic is Luthor's whole deal.
>>
>>81509674
No one has ever said that.
>>
>>81511346
Lex's motivation is he wants to be the best and feels like Superman is getting in his way. That's never not been his motive. It's just thrown in with some religious symbolism because in a world that hasn't had almost a century of superheroes to become jaded to, how else would you frame what Superman does?
>>
>>81511359
How is it valid?
>>
>>81511390
Oh, so you're saying that you wanted them to skip the "misunderstanding, revelation, friendship" that's a staple of all superhero teamups? There's already a lot of complaining about there not being enough action, and you wanted them to just bypass the headliner?
>>
>>81511390
But the only reason it works at all is that Supermans last words were going to be the same as his dad's. It made Batman realize that he was a person and he was about to commit cold blooded murder just like Joe Chill.
Actually the biggest fuck up was having him say 'save Martha' instead of just 'Martha' and they should have had a quick flash back to his dad saying the same thing instead of a rapid fire walk down memory lane seeing tombstones and the gun and the pearls and young boy Bruce.
Actually I take it back, what SHOULD have happened as that we don't see any of that at the beginning of the movie. We only get the scene of Bruce running into the woods. Then when Supes says 'Martha' we get those rapid fire images of his parents being killed as fresh images and we FIND OUT in the moment that this was also the last thing his father said.
>>
>>81511487
Most of the things people don't get makes sense if you think about it. Though heavyhanded, the symbolism in the film isn't empty, but actually does have meaning behind it.
>>
>>81509742
Its like those old double features, you get superman AND batman in one issue
>>
>>81509674
Zack, don't you have something else to say publicly to furter demonstrate why you should never have been allowed to be involved with the DCEU, instead of shitposting on a Vietnamese Pho enthusist forum?
>>
>>81511523
Calling parents by their first name is uncommon.
>>
>>81511686
That's ... Actually a good point.
>>
>>81509599

The oddly specific nightmares Batman had, worse than Age of Ultron nightmares.
>>
>>81510854
>>81509666
>>81511094

It wasn't JUST Martha it was the fact Lois also ran to save him, showing Batman that Superman had a mom, and a girlfriend, and was a human,

Also I cant believe that Martha bit had never been used in comics before, kind of brilliant to come up with a new twist on Batman and Superman after 75 years of comics.
>>
File: BvS questions..png (143KB, 1352x1082px) Image search: [Google]
BvS questions..png
143KB, 1352x1082px
>>81509599

That image needs More Prometheus and übermensch
>>
>>81510709
stop being a retard
>>
>>81509886
look at this contrarian fuck. I loved the movie you edgelord
>>
>>81511346
did you miss the WHOLE SPEECH about all good vs all powerful?
>>
>>81509599
Worst directed ever.
>>
>>81509940

>I'm not saying the movie was good or without giant holes in logic, but throwing the spear in water and then getting it back out made sense to me.

It makes sense until you realize that someone had to write the actions that way. Narratively it is an superfluous as an appendix. Having Lois throw away the spear, only to have fetch it again 10 minutes later, is something an editor should have cut out of the script on his second read-through. It adds nothing to the film.
>>
Batman's Detective Skills.

We see them for a bit, but for some reason Batman didn't want to look into this neigh unstoppable alien who was traveling the world performing all manner of crazy heroic acts. Batman failed to do with almost 2 years time since Metro was attacked what Lois Lane managed to do with almost no money and resources

The movie might ad well have been Punisher vs Sentry.
>>
I really don't know how anybody liked it.
I didn't like it, my friends didn't like it, my dad and his friends didn't like it, even the people at my LCS didn't like it. I haven't encountered a single person in real life who thought it was a food movie.
>>
>>81519530
Maybe if you stepped out of your basement
>>
>>81518984
They did.
>>
I still remember thaw days of nonstop "DC already won" "Based Snyder" "BvS movie of the decade" shitposting
I used to think how the same anons would keep up their shitposting after the movie was released
I must say, I'm disappointed, anons. Even through your shitposting, your sense of sorrow and despair can be felt
>>
>>81519180
he also was incapable of googling "white portugese" and realizing it could be a boat

>The movie might ad well have been Punisher vs Sentry.
That would have been a far better and (ironically) more fun movie
>>
>>81518653
>someone_actually_took_the_time_to_write_more_than_shitty_fucking_writing.jpg
>>
File: 02.jpg (190KB, 312x457px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
190KB, 312x457px
>>81509599
>one reason

It portrays Batman as willing to use firearms.
>>
>>81509753
But she threw it into the water because she didn't want it to be used against Superman again. She didn't know that Doomsday existed at the time.
>>
it's not good
>>
>>81509599
Editing.
Plot is one big squiggly line leading to main characters that were already following. Peripheral character sideplots are straight up ancillary-- could be cut from the movie and nothing would change.

Superman unilaterally driven by saving his girlfriend and subsequently his mommy instead of a natural inclination to do good speaks to a deep misunderstanding of the character. The fact that the dichotomy of his public perception is either he's a messiah or a demon does very little do remedy that.

Don't get me started on a Batman with absolutely know self-control.
>>
File: batman-2.jpg (195KB, 465x435px) Image search: [Google]
batman-2.jpg
195KB, 465x435px
>>81524280
Back to Facebook with you.
>>
>>81524595
Back to Facebook with YOU.
>>
>>81509753
It's pretty obvious they deleted a scene where Superman has to risk getting it for Lois, and then reshoots put this in instead
>>
>>81524595
>Bat of Murder existed once so it's cool
i hate this meme
>>
>>81524595
>The unfully formed version of the character doing something undoes the shit ton of times the version of the character we grow up loving has verbally said he refuses to do it
I hate you people. If the times Batman has ever done or said something regarding killing you using guns counted as vote, your side would be blown the fuck out.
>>
>>81524595
>golden age stuff that was retconned a few months after it was released

Keep that "edgy" batman dream alive, anon.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.