[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the new 52 comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Justice_League_0001.jpg (581KB, 900x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_0001.jpg
581KB, 900x1355px
What does /co/ think of the new 52 comics?
>>
>>81444855
turned me off DC completely
>>
>>81444855
An answer to a problem that was'nt there, and did'nt work because the audience changed the questions
>>
>>81444855
Wheres Martian manhunter?
>>
>>81444855

There's some good, there's some bad. Just like every other point in comic publication history.

Something feels like it's missing, but Rebirth is addressing that.

Story > Continuity is the best.
>>
Some good stories in there, but most of the best were the ones that ignored the reboot as much as they could.
>>
>>81444994
>There's some good, there's some bad. Just like every other point in comic publication history.
This. New52 catches a lot of shit for being a reboot. A lot of "not muhs" is the only argument detractors can make. But it accomplished what it set out to do: rejuvenate DC characters.
>>
The best thing about the Nu52 is clear defined jumping in points for new readers, I've had a few friends ask me how to get into like Dick Grayson or something and it's a lot easier to say "Pick up the first trade from the Nu52 series" then it used to be before it.
>>
>>81445089
>But it accomplished what it set out to do: rejuvenate DC characters.

But why was that necessary?

Did it increase sales even?
>>
What are some of the best ones for a new reader to check out ?
>>
>>81445271
What sort of stories do you like?
>>
>>81445216

In the sort run it did for the floppies, in the long run it strengthened trade sales.

It was necessary because the biggest complaint about comics is continuity being daunting. Even with the new52 I have a lot of friends interested in American comics who won't really pick anything up because they're put off by continuity.

I don't think the reboot did everything perfect, and there were a lot of missteps with characters but ultimately I think there was nothing wrong with wanting to reboot.

The universe many of us first fell in love with was a reboot after all.
>>
>>81445306
Batman solving mysteries is always good
I've always liked cyborg, superman and the justice league but I don't know but about the rest of the individual members other than batman
>>
>>81445216
Yes it increased sales a lot.
Even DCYou didn't sell badly enough to bring them back to pre 52 levels
>>
>>81445317
This nigga gets it
>>
>>81444952
In solo book nobody buys, why?
>>
>>81445678

A pretty good solo book too.

Though I think the last few issues were a bit of a letdown. Haven't read the newest one yet.
>>
>>81445396
Action Comics, Flash And Batman unsurprisingly had good debut runs with the Nu52 that I think a new reader would very much enjoy. Action Comics is written by one of the biggest names in comics, Grant Morrison, who takes us through some of Supermans early years and conflicts establishing himself as Superman. It's not an origin story though, don't worry. Batman Court of Owls introduces a new menace into Gotham that has secretly been there all along??? Plus the art by Greg Capullo is really stunning. The Flash also has really wonderful art by Manapaul.

I'd pick up those trades, and Justice League 3000 with is an entertaining action/humor comic about a revived future Justice League.

http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-3000-Vol-Yesterday/dp/1401250467
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-Court-Owls/dp/1401235425
http://www.amazon.com/The-Flash-Vol-Move-Forward/dp/1401235549/
http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Action-Comics-Vol-Steel/dp/1401235476

Enjoy, those are all 4+ Stars on Amazon.
>>
>>81446545

Flash is getting a collection similar to the Jeff Lemire Green Arrow and Snyder Swampthing collections later this year. I'd wait for it personally.

http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Francis-Manapul-Buccellato-Omnibus/dp/1401261035

They're really nice collections.
>>
File: Multi2i.jpg (232KB, 620x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Multi2i.jpg
232KB, 620x1009px
>>
>>81446810
Nice, I'm loving how much they're whipping out these trades and the increased amount of omnis.
>>
>>81444855
As a publicity stunt it worked well enough. it certainly got me to pick up some DC books I previously had no interest in.
As far as actual stories go a mixed bag as you might expect. The main problem I found were the compressed timeline and the retconning away of a lot of legacy characters but Rebirth seems like it is going to fix that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.