[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: Batman beating up cops.jpg (331KB, 776x893px) Image search: [Google]
Batman beating up cops.jpg
331KB, 776x893px
I love Batman
>>
That's from Odyssey right?
>>
>>81437492
I want to live in the Odysseyverse, it's batshit insane
>>
File: Yes Bruce, a whale.jpg (34KB, 584x375px) Image search: [Google]
Yes Bruce, a whale.jpg
34KB, 584x375px
>>81437492
Sweet mother of god! Odyssey?
Odyssey?
Odyssey?!!!
Of course it's Batman: Odyssey.
>>
File: batman-octopus-1299616950.jpg (47KB, 539x412px) Image search: [Google]
batman-octopus-1299616950.jpg
47KB, 539x412px
>>81437246
is he one-inch punching them?
>>
>>81441100
I didn't know Batman played Splatoon.
>>
File: never just clowns.jpg (407KB, 774x1200px) Image search: [Google]
never just clowns.jpg
407KB, 774x1200px
Neal Adams is a genius.
>>
File: 1458189159196.png (1MB, 874x649px) Image search: [Google]
1458189159196.png
1MB, 874x649px
>>
Was Neal Adams always this insane or did it come with age? He sounded sane enough on his interview with Kevin Smith.
>>
>>81441624
Consensus seems to be he's always been this crazy, the powers that be simply kept him on art and away from writing.
I hear he calls Art Bell to rant about the hollow Earth and stuff like that.
>>
>>81441650
oh god that's great
>>
File: 09.jpg (576KB, 1280x1975px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
576KB, 1280x1975px
>>
>>81442866
did Riddler have any involvement in that bitch's death, or is Batman just lashing out at him?
>>
File: 02.jpg (606KB, 1280x1979px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
606KB, 1280x1979px
>>81443170
it's not even riddler

just some guy dressed up as him
>>
>>81441650
Well, it was Denny O'Neil writing the stuff before. Now DC just let Adams write his own crazy stuff. Though it is pretty fascinating.

also
fresh off the presses
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/04/neal-adams-talks-dumb-variant-covers-getting-namedropped-on-arrow-bvs-and-what-happened-at-the-end-of-batman-odyssey/

> Flanked by tapestries of his recent work and piles of reprinted comic covers ready for sale, the 74-year old said he was surprised when DC offered him a chance to revisit some of his most memorable work in a new way.

> “It was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of,” Adams joked. “DC Called and said, ‘Neal, would you like to do 26 variant covers for popular titles which would be imitations of a legendary artist.’ I said, “Sure, who’s the legendary artist?’ They said, ‘You!’ I said, ‘That’s really dumb. Why would you have me do that?’ and they said, ‘Well, we’ll have you put different characters. Instead of Superman throwing Batman off a building, we’ll have Wonder Woman throwing Superman off a building. We’ll just switch them up.’ I said, ‘It doesn’t stop being dumb there, but I can do that. I won’t have to lay them out again; I already know the layout.’”
>>
File: SuperWonder_NealAdams_variant.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
SuperWonder_NealAdams_variant.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
>>81444153
>“We started doing it, and they were giving them out to inkers and the pencilers said, ‘I’ve been waiting to ink Neal’s stuff for 30 years: I want to do one of those things.’ Suddenly Jim Lee inked one of them, Walt Simonson inked one of them, Frank Miller inked one of them, and Kevin Nolan inked three of them. (Bill) Sienkiewicz just did JLA and the poor inkers are left out in the cold. I think we’re going to have to do another batch for the inkers. Right now we are at 28 covers. I got them done pretty quickly because I didn’t have to get any layouts approved. It was kind of like I got it right the first time!”

>With some of the covers coming out at the same time as Adams’ new Superman: The Coming of the Supermen series, the artist chuckled the release dates inadvertently turned March into “Neal Adams month” and reproductions of the original and finished covers are selling well on the convention circuit.
>“Some people like to compare the pencils with the finished product,” he said, straightening his Spider-Man tie. “It’s artsy, but nice and I like it.”
>>
File: GAandGLNealAdams.jpg (582KB, 736x1108px) Image search: [Google]
GAandGLNealAdams.jpg
582KB, 736x1108px
>>81444194
> Another recent item of Adams interest was when he was mentioned by name by a character on the CW TV series Arrow, though not a direct connection with the Oliver Queen the artist drew during his iconic run drawing the emerald archer and his power-ring wielding partner.

> “I get name dropped all the time,” Adams laughed. “The thing is in comic books, we earned our way with a lot of hard work for a long time. If someone calls us ‘legends,’ we are able to wear it better than movie stars because we come to the conventions and are treated very well. I talk to the actors all the time at these things and I tell them they have it great but I have it a little better. I get to go to a comic convention and be treated just as well as you, but then I can walk out on the street and nobody knows who I am. Nobody will follow me into the bathroom or bother me at a restaurant because the average person doesn’t know who the hell I am. It’s the perfect life and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Maybe Stan doesn’t get that, I bet people probably have followed him into the bathroom, so in that respect, I have it better than Stan.”
>>
File: BatSuper_NealAdams_variant.jpg (214KB, 580x892px) Image search: [Google]
BatSuper_NealAdams_variant.jpg
214KB, 580x892px
>>81444229
> While Adams may not be ready to switch places with Marvel’s esteemed editor emeritus just yet, he did share a distinct perspective on the criticism leveled at DC Comics regarding Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

> “My friends have seen it. I haven’t seen it, but everybody says it is terrific even though it has shortcomings,” Adams admitted. “But honestly, we don’t expect more from DC than that, do we? The fact of the matter is DC Comics is trying to climb up to where Marvel is at the movies. They have set the standard and right now it seems Marvel just can’t miss with one hit after another. DC has to climb that ladder, and so far, they just haven’t gotten there yet. But, considering the action, they have made a step forward, certainly better than the last Superman movie. We’re looking at an advance, and certainly the film people are starting to pay more attention to the comic books a little more and that certainly is the way to go, isn’t it? If you pay attention to the comic books, you’re likely able to do a good movie. The next Green Lantern movie will probably have John Stewart in it, because everyone knows John Stewart is Green Lantern right? What the hell was that about?”
>>
>>81444194
The inker had to polish that thing over and over didn't he? Adams' work looks like vomit almost everywhere else.
>>
File: GA_NealAdams_variant.jpg (177KB, 580x892px) Image search: [Google]
GA_NealAdams_variant.jpg
177KB, 580x892px
>>81444253
>That’s not to say Adams is not appreciative of the work he is doing now for DC on Superman and a few upcoming projects featuring other characters.

>“I will be doing a Harley Quinn 38 pager and probably one of the Kamadis , but I can’t tell you which number,” he said with a sly smile and a glint in his eye. “ It’s hard for them to decide, because they pay me good money and put me on stuff that makes money and is very exciting.”
>>
>>81444259
Trying to recognize the sig. Is it Danny Miki?
>>
>>81444306
>one of the Kamandis
What does he mean by this, is DC doing a Last Boy on Earth reboot without Morrison?
Guy's gonna be pissed if that's the case.
>>
>>81441534
He is team Callie
>>
>>81444306
>“I will be doing a Harley Quinn 38 pager

Oh man. Adams' Harley. I didn't know I wanted that. How much insane can Harley get?
>>
>>81441587
Pleased to meet you...

Hope you...
>>
>>81444306
oh dear
>>
>>81444306
>glint in his eye

oh shit
>>
>>81444503
So he is part of team best girl?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.