[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone hate how super hero movies becoming popular is making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: hawkwoman.png (666KB, 464x499px) Image search: [Google]
hawkwoman.png
666KB, 464x499px
Anyone hate how super hero movies becoming popular is making normal people who've never read a book become wikipedia experts on every character?

>mfw just heard my friend say that Wonder Woman is going to be the leader of the Justice League because she's been the queen of the amazons for thousands of years
>>
Why can't they make them animation instead of live action is my main complaint
>>
>>81411205
Yes but im more upset at how many casuals are coming here grom/tv/ because of it.
>>
As someone who has only been reading comics for three years thanks to the MCU, not really.
Shitheads will always be shitheads, and the best part about those Wikipedia readers are when you can trick them into believing your made up retcons.

I once got a guy to believe that the Tony in Civil War was actually a Skrull the entire time, and it was revealed in Secret Invasion, and the real Tony came back as a computer program in the armor, that's why he had to be rebooted, and he agreed with me.
>>
I don't have a problem with people showing genuine interest in these things. We were all there at some point.

What I really hate are all these website and specifically Youtube channels that like to just dump as much information about a character onto you as soon as it's confirmed that they'll be appearing in a movie. Like, hey, here's twenty minutes about literally every piece of information about Dormammu that I could dredge up.

It reminds me of the Burton Batman movies, and how we'd hear about every time someone sneezed on set.
>>
>>81411337
Death Battle is the worst offender, so much false info
>>
>>81411409
Are there people who take Death Battle seriously? I thought everyone just sat back and watched the fight, like One Minute Melee, but with more talking.
>>
>>81411786
That's where most normal people get their information of super heroes from
>>
>>81411231
Because they make animated movies all the time and no one gives a fuck. Super Hero movies only "count" when their live action.For instance, I'd bet that 95% of the people talking about BvS outside of places like /co/ weren't even aware there was a TDKR animated movie.
>>
>>81411205
No, because they aren't experts and by actually reading comics you can prove it to them without much effort like I do.
More to the point, it's an extremely pointless thing to hate on; it's just old comic book fans getting old and shit changing and them being really conservative about it like nerds always are with their hobbies.

The really stupid thing is, the insularity of the comic book world and it's complex storylines is barely even 26 years old at this point and prior to that comics were easier to pick up and read and follow for ANYONE. In the 80's they got more complex but there were still recaps and you could still just buy an issue and start reading.
When DC and Marvel started pandering to the autistic as fuck collector's market to squeeze as much money out of the comic speculators as they could the hobby got increasingly inbred and and insular and drove away casual readers. It also caused the complete financial collapse of the market ultimately leading to literally (not figuratively but LITERALLY) every single fucking problem wrong with modern comic storylines and the market itself.
>>
>>81411231
they do.

you're a part of the problem.
>>
>>81411205

Yes. More than anything. My friends know nothing and they won't stop talking shit.
>>
>>81411205
Pfft. I'm a Wonder Woman fan, so I've had to put up with this shit way before cape movies became a huge trend. /co/ has always been infested with casuals who think they know everything that haven't read themselves. Suck it up, pal.
>>
File: 1456813079195.jpg (92KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1456813079195.jpg
92KB, 344x315px
>"I've watched BvS."
>"Batman is a crazy dude who just beats up people."
>"Superman is better than Batman because Metropolis is a better place."
>"Gotham is shitty and will always be shitty because Bruce Wayne doesn't buy everything and fixes it."
>"I don't need to read the comics, I've watched the movies. It's basically the same thing."
>>
>>81411255
Yeah the cross board shit is getting bad atm
Last time it was this bad was when we supported /v/ in getting Launchpad as the greatest sidekick ever award
great time at first be we got hit by a mound of us bs them shitposters that quickly learn /co/ doesn't work like that
>>
File: uh oh.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>tfw you're what OP is talking about
>>
>>81414117
To be fair short of that last line there is a lot of truth to that.
Somehow Bruce Wayne has the dough to be both a playboy millionaire raise 3+ kids and have a giant cave that has to be draining loads of power and at least three, million dollar vehicles and a constant supplies of multi million dollar tech gear and weapons.
And "a crazy dude who just beats up people" really does sum up his character.
>>
I had a friend tell me raven founded the teen titans im sure he was talking about how she told robin he had to reform the titans because justice league wouldnt head her warnings but he insisted she founded them lol fuck those shitty youtube vids
>>81411337
>>
>>81415400
Bruce Wayne could just gentrify the fuck out of Gotham and force the roody-poos live in the next town and the crime rates would be lowered dramatically.
>>
>>81411205
People have been doing that for decades.
>>
>>81412007
comics started getting more complex in the 70s you fucking casual
>>
>>81411205
>waaaaaah people are getting interested in my hobby and I'm too much of a social retard to correct their false info without coming off as a sperglord so i'll impotently complain about it online waaaaah

Being the comics nerd that my friends consult before and after we see whatever new movie is out is a good feel
>>
>>81411205
not at all. At worse I get to talk about my favorite heroes with misinformed people.
I see no downside to this
>>
>>81416254
If Gotham gentrifies, it would be Metropolis.
>>
File: 1451588869261.jpg (26KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1451588869261.jpg
26KB, 500x465px
>This shit again

It's not just comics, but almost any fan related traditional geek related thing. Games, fantasy stuff, scifi stuff. They always get real pissy when their beloved "subculture" becomes mainstream and the newfags are nowhere near as knowledgeable about the tiny little stuff that nobody including the authors could give a shit about. So that makes them casuals.
>>
>>81416777
>Tfw literally me

I can discuss computers, science, books, music,and history and even small talk with practically anyone. But once comics are involved I can't hold back my autism
>>
>>81419002
it's not the newfags we care about

it's the newfags who act like experts
>>
>>81419002
Not even just "geek" related shit. Bands becoming popular enrages the old fans, fans of indie directors accuse people of not being real fans when someone says they liked one of their big budget movies.
It's literally people associating their own identity with how obscure something is and then sperging out when they realize how retarded this is.
>>
>>81412007

Ding ding ding get this man a no-prize.
>>
File: 1446768331556.jpg (41KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1446768331556.jpg
41KB, 410x410px
>>81412007
I would have pushed that timeline up to the 90's but mostly right.

Comic companies stopped being casual and being available to the general public and pandered entirely to collectorfags. So they reboot every series back to #1 every other year, everything is a super special event tie-in, and everything is all loaded splash pages with issues costing about $5 each.

The news stand did more to attract readers.

Now you can only buy them in comic shops and then people have to deal with angry fucks like the OP in person.
>>
>>81411255
>>81414798
>crossboarders
Yeah, God forbid someone wants to check out a different board every now and again.
>>
>>81419110
"checking out a different board" and "just talking about your board's topic on another board" are different
>>
>>81412007
The comic companies pandered to investment collectors and caused the crash by making dozens of #1 and foil covered issues, not by making the stories more complex.
>>
>>81419078
Yea I have seen tons of this with movies too. People who love some weird as shit indy low budget film begin to totally hate it when by some means it turns into a mainstream fascination.

Or when a movie is made from a book and the book fans lose their shit because their beloved off culture thing is now for the pitiful normals who will never understand the "subtleties" of the novel.

Somehow they feel like they are something special and great for following something completely non-mainstream. But when that thing becomes mainstream despite them their special snowflake-ness is gone.
>>
>>81419110
>oversaturate the comics and cartoons board with live action content because you can't take the shitposting and hatred for comic films on your own board
>"god forbid someone just wants to check out a different board"
Pick one.
I'd hit a button that kills all /tv/ posters.
>>
>>81414117
>"Batman is a crazy dude who just beats up people."

This is accurate.
>>
>>81419241
What's worse is when a book is adapted into a movie and the book's fans sperg out over the assumption that a book as a piece of media is inherently, objectively better than a film
>>
>>81419580
can you offer a counter-example other than Lord of the Rings?
>>
>>81419632
Harry Potter
Twilight
>>
>>81419632
Phillip K Dick, Isaac Asimov, and Ray Bradbury fags do this too
>>
I prefer to save my hate for things that are either less nerdy or less cliche.
>>
>>81419690
>Harry Potter
good joke
>Twilight
fair play
>>
>>81411205
No because reading comics is not a livelihood.
>>
>>81411786
I have a friend who does. He's also the type who calls Superman a Mary Sue.
>>
>>81411231
They do. There was a new DC animated movie like 3 fucking days ago shithead.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.