[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come if you're poor, you wear a barrel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Betty_Barrel_9154.jpg (126KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Betty_Barrel_9154.jpg
126KB, 350x500px
How come if you're poor, you wear a barrel?
>>
Because you can't afford clothes, dummy.
>>
>>81385510
But you can afford a barrel? Why didn't you sell the barrel and keep clothes?
>>
>>81385584
Because everyone has a barrel and they don't sell well.
>>
>>81385607
I don't have a barrel...
>>
>>81385712
Then you're not living your life correctly.
>>
I'm sure it has something to do with the Great Depression.
>>
My favorite poor people things are...
bare feet in shoes, that when you roll your toes, the tops come off
the top hat with the movable lid
the bindle on the stick

I can do without the harmonica or traveling in boxcars
>>
>>81385335
It has a name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_barrel

I was as surprised as anyone.
>>
>>81386448
yeah i was surprised to find out it's related to an old german public shaming thing
>>
>>81385335

It used to be pretty common for certain food items to be shipped in barrels; pickles, crackers, and fish anong other things. So a lot of stores used to have them lying around out back since they weren't worth the trouble of shipping them back.

It's more or less the equivalent of fishing cardboard boxes out of the dumpster behind a supermarket.
>>
Barrels were super common at the time. You could find them in alleys just taking up space.
>>
Barrels should make a comeback.
>>
>>81389524
Vote Bernie. Bernie's for Barrels.
>tfw Trump's never seen a barrel in his life
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.