[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Jungle Book movie do you think will be better, Disney's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Disney ) WB.jpg (392KB, 985x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Disney ) WB.jpg
392KB, 985x1920px
Which Jungle Book movie do you think will be better, Disney's in 2016 or WB's in 2017?
>>
File: 1434844998595.png (10KB, 205x290px) Image search: [Google]
1434844998595.png
10KB, 205x290px
>>81378773
why did they both decide to make the same movie
>>
>>81378851
It's WB. The same people who created the DCEU. The same people who release Pan last year. Knocking off Disney films is their schtick.
>>
>>81378773
WB's

>>81378851
Because it's in the public domain.
>>
>>81378944
>the people who own DC
>ripping off anything Marvel
These drone delusions are getting to you, boyo...
>>
Disney and it's not even close. Their cast is better at every pointment other than Kaa and after Pan last year and BvS this year, I don't trust WB with shit.
>>
>those casts
Pretty goddamn good.
>>
>Benedict Cumberbatch

The most overrated actor on Earth.
>>
File: 1408679364119.jpg (289KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408679364119.jpg
289KB, 1200x1200px
>not just casting a voice actor for the characters that aren't human
>>
>>81378773
The disney one looks like shit and can't seem to figure out a consistent tone. But I've never watched the Jungle Book, so what do I know.
>>
>>81378773
Are both of them going to be live action?

>>81378944
>Implying Disney own Peter Pan or Jungle book, and haven't ripped it off from somebody else.
>>
>>81378773
Is Peter Mullan actually Bryan Cranston?
>>
File: do she got the booty.jpg (16KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
do she got the booty.jpg
16KB, 275x275px
>Johannsson and Blanchett as the snake

My dick.

My dick wins.
>>
>>81379492
Disney may not own it in the legal sense, but as far as the western world goes, they own it in the cultural sense. Think about it, the only successful Cinderella movies that have existed in the last 70 years are all Disney, even the Brandy one from the 90s is Disney. Same goes for stuff like the Little Mermaid and Aladdin. Once it's a huge Disney mvoie it's Disney's in the eye of the consumers. That's why movies like Snow White and the Huntsman only did okay and why Pan bombed so quickly. Watch what happens to Tarzan later this year and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>81378773

Fuck both of em. I want a TaleSpin movie.
>>
>>81379712
>Disney may not own it in the legal sense, but as far as the western world goes, they own it in the cultural sense. Think about it, the only successful Cinderella movies that have existed in the last 70 years are all Disney, even the Brandy one from the 90s is Disney. Same goes for stuff like the Little Mermaid and Aladdin. Once it's a huge Disney mvoie it's Disney's in the eye of the consumers. That's why movies like Snow White and the Huntsman only did okay and why Pan bombed so quickly. Watch what happens to Tarzan later this year and you'll see what I mean.

Or maybe it's because they're dated stories with unoriginal scripts that studios produce by rote.
>>
>>81379403
Because a lot of voice actors are shit or samey, might as well get a celebrity so people can support an actor they actually know
>>
>>81379279
and he isnt even from this planet.

im lowkey hype for all the hate nd backlash for casting white actors
>>
>>81378773
I like the cast on the right, but I'm not going to see either of them. Talking CGI animals never looks good and I can't imagine watching 2 hours of it.
>>
>>81378773
Both have great casting.
>>
File: 1454302465821.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1454302465821.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>81381054
>Talking CGI animals never looks good

>Narina chronicles
>Zootopia
>Kung Fu Panda
>Legend of The Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hoole
>Rise of the guardians
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>81378773
Disney as they're the only one who got it right before.
>>
I don't particularly care about Jungle Book, but Disney's cast is pretty amazing.

Not that WB's is bad, by any means. Just less great.
>>
>>81381300
they look shit if they're supposed to look "realistic"
>>
>>81378773
>Which Jungle Book movie do you think will be better, Disney's in 2016

I saw the trailer last night and the CGI on every animal was cringe, the stunt casting was dull and it made me want to watch the cartoon again

I haven't seen WB's but I don't expect better
>>
>>81379712
>That's why movies like Snow White and the Huntsman only did okay and why Pan bombed so quickly.
Yeah I'm sure that the nonexistent marketing for Pan and the cast singing a Nirvana song in the middle of it had nothing to do with that
>>
>>81378773

Disney's, by a fucking mile and a half.
>>
>>81378773
Well Disney has two Indians instead of one.
>>
>>81381351
just because they dont look realistic doesnt mean it looks bad when they talk.
Toy Story 1 is old as fuck and while the animation quality isnt as good, it doesnt look bad when they talk.
>>
>>81381300
you forgot Rango
>>
>>81379712
People were hyped for Snow White and the Huntsman because of Theron and Hemsworth.

Then it came out and the script sucked, and Theron went full ham in every other scene not in the trailers, and Hemsworth seemed lost.
>>
>>81379712
People don't know who make these movies, dude. People probably thought Pan was a Disney movie as well.
>>
>>81379403
names mean everything in the movie business.
>>
>>81378773
The 90s Jungle Book movie by the Mummy guy was pretty good. But they aged Mowgli up to have a white love interest (and of course rival).

WB better do something interesting in that vein to differentiate theirs but it seems their Mowgli is just a kid too.
>>
>>81378773
>Bill Murray Baloo
>Ben Kingsley Bagheera
Disney is going to blow WB out of the fucking...
>ScarJo Kaa
Why did you have to ruin it like that?

My vote is for Disney's in 1967.
>>
>>81378773
Fuck, isn't there also another Tarzan coming out this year?

Also, how is this a /co/ thread? I know there was Jungle Book cartoon but the original work was a book, and this thread is about a film adaptation of that book.
>>
>>81381763
Trust me, no one thought that. It was far too unappealing looking to be confused for a Mouse production.
>>
>>81381988
Because it's got Luther / Stringer Bell / Idris Elba in it, automatically making it fine for any board.
>>
>>81381988
Still Disney though, and explicitly a remake of their cartoon version.

I'll give the new Tarzan a shot since the last live-action one was in the 90s. Plus the origin parts are in flashback, he goes back to Africa.
>>
>>81382164
You're being more open minded then me. Normally I'll see anything with the likes of Samuel L Jackson, Christoph Waltz or Dimon Honsou in it. But between the eternally overrated Margot Robbie and the generic save the damsel plot line they seem to be going with, I couldn't be more turned off by the whole affair.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.