[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's imagine you are the head costume designer in charge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
So let's imagine you are the head costume designer in charge of creating the Joker's look for Suicide Squad, but the studio has insisted that you give the character a bunch of tattoos. How would you go about this?
>>
>>81359983
I'd quit.
>>
>>81359983

I would ask why the are asking me about fucking tattoos. I work customs. Talk to make up or the concept artists.
>>
>>81359983
he has the entire bee movie script tattooed on his body in plain times new roman font
>>
File: Steve_o_tatto_of_himself_large.jpg (68KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_o_tatto_of_himself_large.jpg
68KB, 480x360px
Put a Superman logo on his chest, maybe a cartoony image of Batman pissing on Robin in the style of the Calvin and Hobbes image, and pic related on his back, except of himself doing that pose.
>>
>>81359983
Assuming this was some crazy iron clad agreement they can't back out of, swastikas and the n word covering his entire body. Not to be edgy, just to see how media would shit their pants en masse over it.
>>
File: 1444577409642.png (135KB, 291x301px) Image search: [Google]
1444577409642.png
135KB, 291x301px
>>81360162
Fucking Gold
>>
>>81359983
"I am the Joker." on his chest

"If you can read this, you are behind the Joker." on his back

On his forehead, "THE JOKER".

And his arms are just covered in the word "Joker"
>>
>>81359983
The navy seals copypasta.
>>
weeb shit is in right now so I'd give him a circus themed yakuza tatt. Clownfish instead of koi, Clowns with pies, bows with plungers for arrows, and airhorns. Maybe a jack in the box dragon or something. Either way it'd be some kind of joke that wasn't just "hurr hurr my memes guys am I cool yet?"
>>
>>81361439
that sounds kind of rad.
not for the Joker, but still.
>>
>>81359983

Children's temporary tattoos. He has a different set every scene. How they change is never brought up.
>>
>>81359983
I'd make it so in DCEU continuity his white skin color is actually a full-body tattoo.
>>
>>81359983
gang tattoos of looney tunes characters
>>
>>81361592
you got my vote
>>
A jester diamond pattern on one side like Harley has might work with the clown motif, but other than that I can't think of any clown-related tattoos that wouldn't be retarded. Maybe some play on the cliché tattoos we all know, like instead of a heart with an arrow that says "mom", a heart with a batarang that says "Bats". Maybe there's a DC-universe take on tribal tats that could work, maybe an anchor with an Atlantean vibe, or barbed wirehow about Barb Gordon wire that's just a chain of wheelchairs.

I actually don't mind his J tattoo on the cheek because it's a play on the teardrop tattoo. And I think there's a dead bird on there somewhere, which seems like the kind of thing he'd have especially if he killed Robin.

I like the idea of his tattoos reflecting his personality, but obviously a bit of subtlety would help keep it from being retarded.
>>
>>81360779
Also T H E J O K E R on his knuckles
>>
>>81359983
Dad's jokes written all over his body except the face i guess.
>>
>>81360489
That's the exact definition of edgy, man.
>>
>>81360489
>just to see how media would shit their pants en masse over it.
that's what edgy means. being shocking for the sake of shocking people
>>
>>81359983
Have tattoos on his knuckles that say knock knock
>>
File: funko jokers 2.jpg (214KB, 1071x1447px) Image search: [Google]
funko jokers 2.jpg
214KB, 1071x1447px
He tattoos Funko products of himself on himself.
>>
>>81362805
Damn Funko are so shitty i don't get why people love them.
>>
>>81359983

I'd cover him in tattoos of hoihoi's MLP artwork.
>>
>>81362908
they're affordable collectibles.
>>
>>81362953
But ugly as shit. The design is so lazy.
Just because it's a brand you like doesn't mean that you have to buy every product it release regardless of its quality? I don't get it.
>>
>>81363080
because they're super-deformed, you can play it off as a mild interest. whereas only a hardcore nerd would be seen dead with a high quality statue

or to put it another way, no one will give you shit for having a funko pop but if you have a play-arts figure on your mantle surrounded by heroclix people are gonna think you're a hyper-obsessed turbo-nerd, which is a reputation few people want
>>
>>81363135
Yeah i guess.
I just wish we had more of a mid-range between Funko and high quality stuff.
>>
If he had to have tattoos, which I don't really understand because I couldn't imagine him sitting for one, I think the classic Joker card face would've been fine. Just across the chest. Maybe prison style.

Why didn't Leto do the classier DKR Joker in the white suit? He could've earned his own unique spot in the lineage. Damn method acting.
>>
An elaborate thing interrupted because he couldn't bear to wait for so long? And maybe with the rest of the drawing done with a sharpie?
>>
>>81359983
Trampstamp of the bat symbol

Cause he's a madman
>>
Other than DAMAGED, it is not that bad desu
>>
>>81363215
I doubt Leto had that much input on his look. They hired him to say his lines not to design costumes.
>>
>>81362805
wtf is this shit?
>>
>>81359983
I'd make them look like prison tattoos because the Joker was in prison and probably got them there.

This is probably literally what happened in the movie though.
>>
File: JOKER-0.png (2MB, 1096x1332px) Image search: [Google]
JOKER-0.png
2MB, 1096x1332px
I go the All Star Batman and Robin route.
>>
I honestly don't think that the fact that he has tattoos are the problem, I think the problem is the types of tattoos he has and the placement. The biggest offender is DAMAGED. I think that to do it better, every tattoo should be symbolic and easily covered up by clothing.
>>
>>81359983
I wouldn't put any on his damn face
I like how the tattoos look, its a cool design choice, but the damaged one and his teeth throw off the whole look.
>>
File: miller-spiral5.jpg (84KB, 405x500px) Image search: [Google]
miller-spiral5.jpg
84KB, 405x500px
>>81363617
>complete with Nazi henchwoman?
>>
>>81365757
how high do you have to be to get your nipples tattooed right off?
>>
this can't be fucking real
>>
>>81365771
They're pasties, not tattoos.
>>
Setups on one forearm, punchlines on the other
A "caricature" of himself which is just his New Batman Adventures character design
A grinning fish
A hand of playing cards, all jokers
An crude notebook style game of hangman, with the hangman complete and the answer unsolved but clearly meant to be "Jason Todd"
A lighsaber duel between Luke and Vader, with slight changes to make them look more like Joker and Bats
Thin lines on his upper lip to look like a there's a mustache hidden underneath all the white.
>>
There is only one correct answer

and that answer is Juggalo

Then give him some loser highschool student juggalo henchmen to get their shit kicked in by the Suicide Squad.
>>
Imagine the movie is a success, the Joker becomes a sex symbol, and Captain Boomerang becomes the new Crocodile Dundee.
How does that affect the comics?
>>
It sucks too because I think the costuming is the #1 thing they got right in BvS. So far, my favorite comic book movie costumes are BvS Superman, BvS Batman, BvS Wonder Woman, TWS Cap, TWS Bucky, and now CW Iron Man.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.