[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how the fuck is Marvel gonna get people to love the Inhumans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_nof4c2zfVM1r9u466o2_1280.png (315KB, 610x306px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nof4c2zfVM1r9u466o2_1280.png
315KB, 610x306px
So how the fuck is Marvel gonna get people to love the Inhumans?
>>
>>81350205
I'll be totally honest here: I think the Inhumans only work when they are a Fantastic Four property. Their introduction in Lee/Kirby's FF was one of the first GOAT FF stories to me. They worked as a secondary force, not as their own thing.
>>
>>81350298
How did Marvel keep Inhumans rights?
>>
>>81350205
Put them in a movie exactly the same as gotg
>>
>>81350205
Giving them exposure and keep the stories at the very least good should gain them sustainable popularity. Having them do anything with X-men is probably going to hurt more than anything. Uncanny Inhumans is doing alright in sales and hold on better than some of the stuff that started out outselling it.

>>81350340
Seems like most of the things that had their own series had the rights separated, It is more of a mystery of how SS got wrapped in with the F4.
>>
>>81350205
>Turtleman "art"
How the fuck does he keep getting work?
>>
>>81350205
It feels too pushy, trying to force Inhumans everywhere, while at the same time they are pissing off X-men fans.They should start smaller, make the new characters they have more interesting and have chemistry, (I can't even remember anything about Dante Inferno). They should also keep the more well known Inhumans like Medussa and Black Bolt play secondary roles for the time being so the new ones can breath more.
>>
>>81350390
that will either give InHumans a temporary boost, considering that level of energy is to different from the comics... or it will over saturate the cinema marvel fans to thet style of movie format, killing their quirky misfit team movies.
>>
>>81351154
>make the new characters they have more interesting and have chemistry, (I can't even remember anything about Dante Inferno). They should also keep the more well known Inhumans like Medussa and Black Bolt play secondary roles for the time being so the new ones can breath more.
That is what is happening in All new Inhumans.
>>
Fuck the inhumans their not interesting, they just feel lik Marvels petty way of trying to get rid of the X-men
>>
File: Mr. Plinkett_zpsr6ldp0in.jpg (127KB, 594x280px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Plinkett_zpsr6ldp0in.jpg
127KB, 594x280px
>>81352201
Describe your favourite NuHuman without referring to the characters' physical appearances or occupations
>>
>>81352332
>Reader
An asshole who's developing a conscience after seeing the error of his ways. Is learning to chill the fuck out and where he fits after defecting from Orollan.

>Nur
Jaded old man trying to make up for his early missteps. Raising his partner's daughters since she died and becoming a responsible father figure. Hates the responsibility thrown on him by his superiors but shoulders it anyway.

>Swain
Outwardly bubbly woman with secrets she's learning to deal with. Worries immensely if the people around her like her for who she is or if circumstances force them to be in constant contact with her. Not a fighter but has enough force of personality not to be immediately bullied around.
>>
>>81352332
Iso is intelligent, has somewhat childlike wonder when she sees new things, and is quite polite. She was initially timid but became a little more outspoken after the situation with the capo.
>>
>>81350205
I hope this comic fail and shows Marvel what they are doing wrong. Also /co/ is mutants only scum.
>>
>>81350205
Inhumans I know: Ms Marvel, that guy who can see faults in things and technicallyyyyyy isn't Inhuman.
Rest of them can die in a fucking fire.

Seriously, can Marvel just buy the fucking movie rights back already, genocide the inhumans with shocking story "House of I", and retcon Ms Marvel as a mutie?
>>
>>81354744
>Inhumans I know: Ms Marvel, that guy who can see faults in things and technicallyyyyyy isn't Inhuman.
Karnak is Inhuman. He just hasn't undergone Terrigenesis. I'm surprised that you do not also know Black Bolt and Medusa, at least.

I think Inhumans are fine as a property but not fine being forced into a mutant niche (which they don't really fit, because a lot of what drives mutants is reliant on not having a society they can belong to) and have, along with mutants, just been treated pretty badly in general recently.
>>
>>81350525
Because Galactus.
>>
>>81350340
Because nobody wants them. They didn't want them then, they don't want them now.
>>
>>81350205
Start inventing some that I don't hate for one.

I actually liked how mutants come from everywhere all over the world. Most heroes come from NY, and most Inhumans come from one wonder city.
>>
>>81350205
make them funny and quirky like the guardians
>>81350390
or this
>>
The existing ones could use a redressing, Most X-Men are not the same as they were when they first appeared. The Royal family still sort of is. They look like weird 70's Kirby characters that just appeared in modern comics.
>>
>>81354909
They don't really have a reason to either. They have their own city with their own language and their own laws. They do not have the same social issue as mutants or the prestige of superheroes. They are just kind of there taking up space.
>>
>>81359641
They all got redisgns for ANAD
>>
>>81350205
They wont, but it'll be shoved down our throats like that mediocre shit show Agents of Shield
>>
>>81350205
I love the inhumans.

I love them most when they aren't fucking mutants.

i wish theyd go back to being excluded from the world in a strange kingdom and interacting in various ways like foreign dignitaries....instead of just mutants.
>>
>>81352332
Flint is this sort of optimistic guy who used to have problems with authority and a normal teenage chip on his shoulder but got his priorities rearranged after he lost basically everyone he knew to the mists. Now he's sort of just searching for a way to help people.
>>
>>81350205

I don't read much Marvel. Explain the inhumans to me and why a company needed to groups of humans who evolved powers. Which camme first?
>>
>>81360181

the mutants were the only of the two who evolved from humanity to a powered form

Inhumans undergo a special kind of tranformation process
>>
>>81360248

So it's just the name of people who have powers but no X-gene? So Spiderman is inhuman?
>>
>>81360181
X-men came first by a few years. but honestly they were very different beasts.
x-men is what most people know. Mutants hated and feared. an evolutionary offshoot/next step of humanity. popping up all over.

The inhumans were an experimental offshoot created by kree experimentation. so basically altered ancient humans created by aliens. They lived for the most of their comic publication history in 'attilan' an atlantis like hidden city. so they werent among us or causing controversy.
Also the procedure that creates them is like a right of passage not automatic at puberty. those selected go through terrigenesis which exposes them to the terrigen mists that changes them in strange ways that are often more unusual than with mutants.

It is only recently theyve started popping up all over the world. The reason for this is likely because Marvel can use inhumans in the MCU films and shows. But not mutants whose screen rights are owned by fox. Because of this marvel wants to promote inhumans more and are basically propping them up to replace the x-men to some degree.
>>
>>81360181
Inhumans are humans that were genetically modified by the kree thousands of years ago. About thirteen thousand years ago the Inhumans made terrigen which mutates them even further
>>
>>81360455
>>81360440

Ohhh. Thanks for the info! Explains why I never heard of them.
>>
>>81360328
no
Inhumans were made by the Kree to be experimental super soldiers, but declared them a bust and just left them to their own devices on their moon colony
hundreds of years later, their scientists found the Terrigen, which reacts to the changes the Kree made and causes them to transform further

Only Inhumans, and those descended from Inhumans can get power from Terrigen.
>>
>>81350205
I loved them as a cosmic thing, but I'm liking the new direction so far.
>>
>>81354909
>>81360125
Remember when Feige announced that the Inhumans film would focus on their society and kind of be like Game of Thrones?

Why didn't Marvel run with that in their comics push? Why did they decide to make them mutants lite?

I know in the comics they were already kind of like that but why not go full on with that concept, especially with the emergence of NuHumans and new Inhuman societies?

Go full force and make the new societies like kingdoms. Have the kingdoms go at it with each other. Make Medusa similar to that one dragon lady in GoT. Gladiator battles with Inhuman powers.
>>
>>81350205
Well obviously they don't have to try hard.
All the pseudo-geeks that want to act like they read comics jump on any property that's getting a live action adaptation anyways.
Casuals will gush over the Inhumans like it was their favorite comic as a kid just to seem cool.
The only problem is getting people that actually read comics to like them.
>>
File: 1435985708216.jpg (78KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435985708216.jpg
78KB, 581x800px
>>81359641
But that's part of what I love about them.
Fucking around in their weird space society in their Kirby jumpsuits.
They used to feel very untouched by the changing times of the rest of Marvel.
>>
>>81350205
The only Inhuman exposure I have is the first issue of that Inhuman comic with the edgy looking guy on the front and Agents of Shield and they're already irredemable in my eyes. Daisy a shit.
>>
>>81363228
once they realised he wasn't working, Dante the blind guy got sidelined
>>
>>81352936
Even if the Inhuman comics fail, the X-men books are all just as bad or worse
>>
>>81363348
Yeah but X-men is a brand that won't die.

They're like B-lister Spider-Man.
>>
>>81350205
marvel finds a way
>>
>>81350340
>How did Marvel keep Inhumans rights
Marvel only sold the rights to a handful of properties and has gotten all but two back at this point.
>>
they should give them to Ewing
>>
>>81360440
>It is only recently theyve started popping up all over the world.
It's because of an act of terrorism that created the terrigen mists, no? This means random people with Inhuman heritage can be transformed, and as 'new' Inhumans with no knowledge or understanding of Inhuman society they act like mutants in terms of the story you can tell with them.
>>
>>81350205

They need a Magneto. Inhumans have okay characters but they need a villain that is compelling and someone you could see fucking up the world.
>>
>>81350205
>>81350205
That's easy.
They just get Chris Claremont to write the main book and a hundred spinoffs for the next twenty years.
>>
>>81350205
Quips
>>
>>81354744
>mutie
Disgusting. Kamala can't be a subhuman mutie

You saying that she could be a jew would have been less haram
>>
>>81350205
putting Kacy in the main book
>>81354744
>retcon Ms Marvel as a mutie
Why so she can genocide fodder? If the x-solos are anything to go by being a mugga doesn't increase your popularity and they could have her team with x-men for any reason.
>>
>>81350205
Put them in everything until people like them.
>>
>>81369573
Kamala is one of the few NuHumans I'm okay with. Mostly cause it ties her together with the rest of the Marvels who aren't Monica thanks to her having something to do with the Kree. Now a real problem is it seems Marvel forgot about Attilan's eugenics stuff. Shouldn't their genetic council be pissed at all these mutts showing up?
>>
>>81369909
>Shouldn't their genetic council be pissed at all these mutts showing up
The Genetic Council has been disbanded since Secret Invasion. Medusa is the only political power in Attilan.
>>
>>81369974
Thanks, I thought I forgot something
>>
I liked them before Marvel decided they should replace the X-men
>>
>>81370062
It's odd that they never reinstated it, since skrull corruption is off the table.
>>
The royal family shit looked interesting but I have lost all interest in giving inhumans a try now that Marvel seems to think you can make them wannabe Xmen with the hate and shit and still have them be hateful towards the Xmen.

You can't have them be hated and still have the be hateful towards another similar group. That's retarded.
>>
>>81370304
That haven't really been hated and they are working with Beast to save the muggas. You are quiet mistaken. They are new source of powers because character rights, they aren't the new x-men.
>>
>>81370249
I imagine they're ignoring it now just so they don't have to deal with the implications of it all. They want the Inhumans to be everyone's new favorite and I don't know if bringing up how big they are on eugenics would be a marketable idea.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.