[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canon and lenght aside, what was the worst: Shadowland or End

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Daredevil low.jpg (419KB, 1180x880px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil low.jpg
419KB, 1180x880px
Canon and lenght aside, what was the worst: Shadowland or End of Days?
Take the time to think.
>>
I liked End of Days
>>
People don't like End of Days? I've never read Shadowland
>>
End of Days was great.
>>
End of Days was the Kevin Smith run, right?
Honestly, I prefer Shadowland to that. Up until Daredevil literally turned into a demon, I was on board with it, and even then, The Hand have been doing magic shit since the 80's.
>>
End of Days is one of my favorite comics. Fuck you. It was great.

Bendis should give up big-time comics. He is better at street level.
>>
File: dijfsjfkdfpld,f.jpg (168KB, 1812x892px) Image search: [Google]
dijfsjfkdfpld,f.jpg
168KB, 1812x892px
>>81335182
>>81336958
>>81336992
EOD was a huge slap in the face. It had an all star cast and was going to be amazing.
Except it turned out to be a shitty Bendis fanfic.
Seriously it ignored eveything past the Bendis run, and pushed even harder the lazy gimmick that Bulleyes will forever kill Matt's girl. Fuck that noise, it was baffling enough during the Kevin Smith run and it's just insulting at this point. The fucker even brought the concept back later in the Vol3 special issue, proof that he thinks this is a good idea or something.
Somehow everysingle girl Matt met had children with him, and one of them is a super special awesome rule 69 stick. Is this supposed to sound not stupid?
And why the fuck would Bulleyes kill himself after hearing that name anyway? It's the base of the story and yet it leads to nothing.
And who the fuck wants to read about daredevil's disciple. The idea that daredevil would have a disciple itself is phony.

And he still has the balls to claim this is where the Daredevil universe should aim for, like this is it's own personal earth X.
And before I get accused of having a bias against Bendis I'm not a whole lot into comics and his original Vol2 run was the only thing of him I read before that, so I actually went in expecting this to be on the same level. I was really confused by the shitiness until I read more about it.

tl;dr: FUCK END OF DAY.

>>81337059
Nah, Kevin Smith did another one: the actual worst daredevil run ever.
>>
>>81337616
>Nah, Kevin Smith did another one: the actual worst daredevil run ever.

I thought that was Chichester.
>>
>>81336992
>>81337139
Benis pls go, End of Days was fucking dog shit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (62KB, 1010x662px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
62KB, 1010x662px
So, I just bought and got this all sorted. A reading order actually suggests I should read the first 11 issues of Lee's original run. Should I go download that as well?
>>
>>81341895
It's up to you really, but it's a good read with cheesy Soap drama mixed in.
If you like Love and War or the elektra character, you should also add Elektra Assassin and Elektra lives again, both by miller.
>>
>>81337616
It was a solid alt universe but it was weird about the Bullseye thing. I took it as he was more obsessed with Matt then Matt was with him. Kinda wish they showed how Natasha died
>>
>>81333495
Shadowland is irredeemable from concept to execution.
>>
>>81340221
Debatable.
Chichester is like a blurry mess.
Smith's is more like "Look at me trying to make comics adult and subversive", and failling.
>>
End of Days and Shadowland are pretty fucking crappy but Kevin Smith's run is way worse.
>>
>>81337616
I liked Guardian Devil.
>>
Is Waid's and Soule's runs worth checking out?
>>
>>81344672
Waid was good, but after Ikari arc went to shit.

I have not read Soule yet. But it spices up things by, for example, making Matt prosecutor. Art looks great.
>>
>>81344672
Dunno about Soule, but Waid's run is a lot of fun.
However it gets really weak by the end of Vol 3 (it feels rushed).
Then it picks up again at the start of Vol 4 and kinda vary from good to meh/bad depending on your tastes.
It was a polarizing run, you should read it and form an opinion.
>>
>>81344672
Waid Volume 3 is god tier
Volume 4 is a pile of shit
>>
>>81344871
Yeah, the art looks great and I have an extra 20 bucks I could spend on issues of Soule's run or the first Masterworks volume for some flavor before I dip into Miller's work with the character. Decisions, Decisions.
>>
Am I the only one who cares about Brubaker's run?
>>
>>81348169
He tried so hard to spin Black Tarantula out into his own series.

Also, BruDevil gave us, or I should say brought back best girl Dakota North.
>>
>>81344672
I've only read 2 issues of soules but I'm enjoying it so far
>>
>>81337616
Calm down Blake. It was crap , but it was utterly forgettable crap that isn't even remotely tied into the main continuity unlike Gwen Stacy and a certain Goblin. You are one of the only people that remembers it exists until you went and reminded us.
>>
>>81337616
End of Days was something that the Big Two will never give us for their characters: closure.
It was a beautifully drawn summation of the legacy of Marvel's most tragic characters and the posthumous effects he had on the people in his life and on the city he gave his life for.

Fuck you, I liked it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.