[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BVS deleted scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

File: communion-1.jpg (110KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
communion-1.jpg
110KB, 640x387px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

steppenwolf or Yuga Khan?
>>
You don't have to use the official name to pretend you have /co/ powerlevels, /tv/. Just call him Darkseid's dad.
>>
>>81233649

Steppenwolf, obviously. No one cares about Yuga Khan and everyone tries to pretend he never happened.
>>
>>81233649
At first glance he looks like a DOOM monster but if you look closer he does have human features obscured by the ridiculous helmet
>>
>>81233716

I haven't read as much 4th World as I would like but I will say I want this to be Yuga Khan just because I hate this design as a possible Darkseid.
>>
>>81233649
steppenwolf
>>
>>81233758
>>81233804

You guys realise he doesn't actually look like that and it's a hologram made by that same liquid metal stuff all the Kryptonians were using in MoS?
>>
Neither. I think it's just a generic monster.
>>
>>81233804
Oh fuck they wouldnt be dumb enough to make this Darkseids design would they? R-Right?!?!

Anyway heres more questions to consider
>Why 3 Mother Boxes?
>Is this archived info of Apokalips, or a transmission?
>>
>>81233649
I keep hearing this when I look at that design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQe4lb9aQ78&list=PLA0EBF9D26C37FF6E&index=17
>>
Darkseid
>>
>>81233848
Yeah I was just pointing out that this isnt an accurate indication of what we might get, because a lot of people are claiming its too monstrous
>>
File: who-is-zonuz-2.jpg (766KB, 990x1525px) Image search: [Google]
who-is-zonuz-2.jpg
766KB, 990x1525px
>>81233716
Yuga Khan showed up in the nu52 in Forever People and in Shazam's Darkseid War tie-in, which is about as much screentime as he ever had before this.
>>
>>81233859
It's a Transmossion. You can actually hear it say Lex Luthor at 0.05
>>
Calling it, it's Granny Goodness.
>>
>>81233859
>Oh fuck they wouldnt be dumb enough to make this Darkseids design would they?
It would explain why it was cut out originally
>>
>>81233848
>You guys realize that Doomsday doesn't actually look like that and will grow spikes as the fight goes, on, right?
Fool me once, anon. Fool me once.
>>
Where's his fabulous green hat?
>>
>>81234030
The idea of Darkseid looking like satan/a DOOM monster is now making me livid. Because WB and all their subtly would totally do that. Which is weird because the Parademons looked fine
>>
>>81234107

Doomsday did grow spikes as the fight went on.
>>
>>81233716
I hated Yuga Khan but after seeing him in the Darkseid War Shazam tie-in, I think that he's actually pretty cool
>>
>>81233973

That just raises MORE questions. If this is the Kryptonian's recorded archive on Apokalips/Darkseid, then why is it talking BACK to him?
>>
>>81233649
>kept Omega sign in the ground during Batman's dream sequence
>kept line with Lex saying they're coming
>decide to make this a deleted scene

The fuck
>>
>>81233909

Orlando needs to write a full SHAZAM comic. Billy has such a great new Pantheon.
>>
>>81234189
well, I guess you're technically correct.
>>
>>81234301
And he looked nowhere near as shitty as that still from the trailers when he was fighting. Sure it wasn't completely comic book accurate, but it was cool to see him evolve mid-battle.
>>
>>81234301

Everytime he sustained damage he evolved. I wasn't a huge fan of his overall look though. Then again I really don't like Doomsday much to begin with.
>>
>>81234258
No, I think anon meant transmission as in a live transmission. It's talking to Lex.
>>
>>81234283
The pantheon was good but his Billy was too shitty. Like genuinely an asshole unlike Johns Billy.
>>
>>81233711
Kek
>but muh youtube videos
>>
It's very likely Steppenwolf.
Yuga Khan would be out of the picture at this point.
>>
>>81234258
Is it really that much of a stretch to assume that New gods can communicate throught representations of themselves? Darkseid has done it more than once, when he was in the source. I guess we'll just have to wait for Justice League for an answer
>>
>>81234391
Does anybody? He's a big mindless monster that hit's things because he's angry.

For all it's problems, mis-handling Doomsday isn't one of BvS's faults.
>>
>>81234469
It might also be that the nanomachines work for more than simple archival footage.
>>
>>81234155
It's Snyders subtlety, anon
>>
He's obviously talking to Lex, and it's not a recording or archive. Those nanomachine things have have been shown to permit for live communication, as seen in the beginning of Man of Steel were Jor-El talks with Lara through them.
>>
>>81234155
>>81234532

It really is.
The entire movie is ridden with this whole traditional religious imagery, to the mausoleum to Lex's painting.
In the former, Superman is even equated to the depiction of the Archangel Michael.

So, going demonic is completely what Snyder is going for.
But, given that this ain;t Darkseid, give me hope we might see MORE than just Darkseid.
>>
Mantis?
>>
>>81234258
same way Jor El did
>>
Poll for all guesses so far
>>
File: 2083631-darkseidjpg.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2083631-darkseidjpg.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>81234869
Oops
http://strawpoll.me/7222087
>>
>>81234595

I would like a new gods movie by a competent director like George Miller. Please don't let Snyder touch them too much b
>>
Ok assuming its Mantis it makes a weird kind of sense considering considering hes one of the lowest in Darkseids circle. I mean yeah he orders Parademons around but I could also see him taking calls for his master.
>>
>>81234895
>http://strawpoll.me/7222087
I'm convinced it's Steppenwolf. He was able to adress Lex by name so it's not a recording and Yuga Kahn's MIA/dead when Darkseid's in charge.

But that poll, why didn' they have Glorious Godfrey one of the reports that shits on Superman in the movie?
>>
>>81234944
A part of me would be so into that.
But another part looks at who demonic design and makes me also want any New Gods conflict in this movie universe to be insanely divine.

Archangel Orion with his flaming astroforce sword stepping on Darkseid's neck etc.

>>81235000
Considering the name was communion, I'm saying it could also be Godfrey.
He's #2 guess.
>>
>>81234592

You're right, at 4 seconds in you can here a voice say "Lex Luthor"
>>
>>81235070
Same pitch as the scream the demon makes before disappearing too.
>>
Do you guys think this ties in anyway into those rainbow-colored cubes with the horned and red-eyed monsters in the Suicide Squad trailer?
>>
>>81235301
I thought the consensus for SS is the big bad is Tattoo Man. I figured the colored shit was hinting the emotional spectrum.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>81235301
This is what I meant, in case someone doesn't remember.
>>
>>81235342
Well they don't look like Parademons
>>
>>81235334
>tattoo man
Enchantress

>>81235365
Enchantress zombies
>>
>>81234155
Oh jesus. He'll probably be red with hooves too.
>>
File: Slott is at it again.png (161KB, 410x356px) Image search: [Google]
Slott is at it again.png
161KB, 410x356px
REMINDER

Lex is not just learning in that scene, he is being a snitch and communicating with an entity that is obviously far beyond his paygrade.

Lex is informing the NewGod with the coordinates of Earth and it is programming mother boxes for the location, note the solar system arrangement above its head.

Lex confirmed for classic jealous Lex.
>>
>>81235444
Alternative:
Superman's death made it possible for them to find us.
Perhaps through use of the scout ship as well.

Lex states that "the bell has rung out, ding ding, the god is dead". which could have been on their radar.

And Lex happened to be in the Scout ship when they made contact.
>>
>>81235444
So Johnseid for Justice League confirmed?
>>
>>81235552
Terrio mostly references Morrison when talking about JL
>>
>>81235517
Lex "rang the bell" and let them know what happened. He realized his mistake, which explains why he wasn't frightened of Batman the least bit in those final scenes.

>>81235552
>>81235630
Get ready.
>>
>>81235630
Hell, "Caveman" could mean the Anthro scene from Final Crisis
>>
>>81235645
Yeah, I think that Lex was still there looking for another plan or something to salvage his huge mess and then stumbled upon something that alerted Apokolips.
>>
>>81234985
>Mantis is Darkseid's secretary
>>
>>81235703

He dug too greedily and too deep, only instead of Balrogs, he hit Anti-Life.
>>
>>81235876
If Lex got Anti-Life'd, is it possible he snaps out of it and becomes a more traditional Lex?
>>
>>81235955

I'm hoping so to be honest.
>>
>>81235955
>>81236081
That, and prison could change him.
"I'M HARDCORE NOW."
>>
>>81236105
>Lex's cell mate is Midnighter
>don't drop the soap sexy Lexi
>>
>>81236105
Literally the easiest part of BvS to salvage
>>
>>81236105

I would not like that. My favorite bit about lex is he is smarter than supes, and holds a grudge against him for being Humanities crutch instead of allowing humanity to evolve or whatever.

I like the idea of Lex being the smartest guy in the room being shown up by mr blue wonder.
>>
I'm actually kind of excited for the director's cut even though I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed. Zack Snyder knows how to deliver a long, hard fucking.
>>
File: Ares.png (292KB, 306x608px) Image search: [Google]
Ares.png
292KB, 306x608px
>>81234155
It's a fNew God. They likely can look like whatever they want whenever they want. Same with Ares either being a bitter old man or a towering warrior.
>>
>>81234490
>He's a big mindless monster that hit's things because he's angry.
But that's largely Doomsday.
>>
>>81236187
What anon means is that when he comes out instead of being an autistic retarded Joker when he comes out he still hates Suprrman but doesnt do anything retarded or autistic
>>
I'm about to watch the movie tomorrow

What sort of expectations should I go in with?
>>
>>81236389
>I'm about to watch the movie tomorrow
Don't.
>>
>>81236389
Everytime a scene changes location without an establishing shot, drink.
>>
>>81236389
The movie is serviceable. It has it's fair share of problems but it's still enjoyable. The plot is a bit clunky but almost everyone does well with what they have to work with.

The fight scenes are well done,Afflekc kills it as Batman and Gadot wasn't terrible.

Try to keep an open mind about the movie. Don't expect it to be god tier.
>>
>>81236389
I found it an enjoyable flick with plenty of nods if you know anything about comics. Visuals and music are great, so see it in IMAX. Very curious to see what's in the director's cut now.
>>
>>81236377

I'm a retard I know, but I like lex as being almost borderline malevolent... its just Supes pressence drives him nutty and angry. He isn't spastic, but he might be autistic. And very much Ego oriented. But what do I know, right? I do'nt want Facebook Lex, but I think that is what they went for?
>>
How did Clark know Batman was Bruce??
>>
>>81235630

It can't be Johnseid because I'd it was he would have known about Earth. He would have been looking for Grail.
>>
>>81236526

Same way as always. He cheats with x-ray vision.
>>
Some questions:

Why is Lex taking a pomegranate bath?

In what part of the movie is this happening? Or is it a dream by Batman?

Also, speaking of dreams, how/why is Batman dreaming of a possible future?
>>
>>81236442
>>81236453
>>81236468

Should I expect something similar to the animation movies but more visually impressive?
>>
>>81236611
>Why is Lex taking a pomegranate bath?
It's the primordial soup that the Scout Ship is equipped with. Apparently its how you access the archives and genetic engineer stuff.

>In what part of the movie is this happening? Or is it a dream by Batman?
During or directly after the battle with Doomsday.

>Also, speaking of dreams, how/why is Batman dreaming of a possible future?
Because his role in this heavily laden movie is as the oracle.
>>
>>81236453

There are a lot of moments where you can tell a scene was cut like Finch suddenly choosing to believe in Superman or Lex getting spastic or Batman stealing the Kryptonite. It's like whoever edited it just tore pieces out with no regard to plotflow. Also I really hope the directors cut has fucking establishing shots.
>>
>>81236611
>Why is Lex taking a pomegranate bath?
It's all the stuff that was inside where Doomsday was growing.

>In what part of the movie is this happening? Or is it a dream by Batman?
Seems to be during the end of the Doomsday fight. As you can see, Luthor was being arrested during this scene.

>Also, speaking of dreams, how/why is Batman dreaming of a possible future?
Speedforce, man. Flash is involved, ain't gotta explain shit.

>>81236667
>It's the primordial soup that the Scout Ship is equipped with. Apparently its how you access the archives and genetic engineer stuff.
Nah, that shit was yellow. In the Communion scene you can see a much more viscous and deep red liquid around Luthor.
Although that could be because of the lighting, I'm not quite sure now.
>>
>>81235000
>Able to address Lex by name
What?
I didn't hear him say anything.
>>
>>81236814
>In the Communion scene you can see a much more viscous and deep red liquid around Luthor.

I figured that it was sort of the by product of engineering life that made it red.
>>
>>81236526

X-Ray vision
>>
>>81236821
Wear headphones. Five seconds in, through the left channel, you can hear the voice saying "Lex Luthor".

>>81236844
Yeah I figure it's whatever was inside the amniotic bag where Doomsday was grown.
>>
>>81233649

Lex.... you've done ?!
>>
>>81236910
Yeah, I was going to say after birth...but that's not the right word is it? Haha.
>>
>>81236910
Holy shit you're right
>>
>>81233909
whathe fuck is this

how much of a cuck do you have to be to ride on your sons name like that

"father of darkseid"

sheit
>>
>>81236389
>What sort of expectations should I go in with?

a 5/10 that is being judged as a 2/10 by "professional" internet critics.
>>
>>81237187

Even RLM wasn't as hard on it as most critics and generally discusses some good positives. Though my inner dxfag got butthurt a few times.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51KB, 636x477px
>Laser sights form a Braniac style triangle on the back of Lex's head
>>
>>81235444
>informing the NewGod with the coordinates of Earth and it is programming mother boxes for the location, note the solar system arrangement above its head.

But just as I say, it takes real judgement, guile, and forward thinking to get access to the crash site, the body, steal the prints, and circumvent the biometric security measures in place. I say that any boob can take and broadcast the Earth's location to some external hostile force. And they call that foolhardy. The first big step on the road degradation.

In the galactic coordinate system, the reference is a plane through the sun parallel to the mean plane of the galaxy. By specifying the orientation of the north galactic pole in terms of its equatorial coordinates, equatorial coordinates can be converted into galactic coordinates, and vice versa, using transformation equations on a pocket calculator.

Latitude in this system is given in degrees, + toward the north galactic pole, - toward the south galactic pole. Longitude is measured along the galactic equator to the east from the galactic center, with 0° at the intersection of the galactic equator with the celestial equator. From that, it isn't difficult to describe the relative position of Earth in the solar system and our solar system in the galaxy.

If I you didn't have a Lex, you'd only need one anatomist, one computer engineer, a computer scientist, an astronomer, and a xenobiologist. There would be some people who could ply their trade in multiple disciplines, but the more the merrier, and the wider their skill sets, the better.
>>
>>81238923
I really do believe that Lex, with his current repertoire of learning and the compliment of Kryptonian archival knowledge that he had been extensively studying, that he would be easily able to communicate with and divulge sensitive information to a hostile extraterrestrial intelligence during the time of the battle that was taking place. I just think that they underestimate the time needed to do it. But then again, the ship has a built-in neural interface with automatic translation. That needs to be taken into account.
>>
>>81233973

>that voice

jesus fucking christ, that sounds terrifying
>>
>>81239846
If that voice is Steppenwolf. Imagine Darkseid or Granny Goodness
>>
>>81240854
>Darkseid
Keith David please
>Granny Goodness
I want her to have Gilbert Gottfried's voice
>>
>>81236674
I wasn't able to put my finger on it, but now that you mention it, the editing was awful.
>>
Will we ever get a New Gods movie?
>>
>>81243661
no ;-;
>>
>>81243833
So we're gonna get stuck Johnseid.

Hail Snyder...
>>
>>81236149
>sexy Lexi
>Not Sex Luthor
You had one chance
>>
File: Communion.png (358KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Communion.png
358KB, 700x400px
"Hello, I'm Lex and this is Stepphen here to tell you about Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice."
>>
>>81233649
>Yuga Khan
>Because Cronus was on good terms with Zeus after getting kicked to the curb by his son.

If he's recruiting Lex for Darkseid, it is probably Steppenwolf.
Yuga Khan is the old regime, not Darkseid's regime.
>>
>>81237187
The movie has an average score of 5/10. Learn how to use rottentomatoes.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.