[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does /co/ feel about a possible season 3 of YJ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

As some of you may know there have been recent talk about a season 3 of YJ ever since season 2 was released on Netflix where the director and the cast have been tweeting admit feeling good about a season 3 and encouraging everyone to binge watch both seasons 1&2. The creator and cast have stated that if it happens they'll drop all of their current projects and get right into it and they have also stated that they have all the writing done for season 3.
Personally, I love YJ and if there's any possibility that it can come back as a Netflix exclusive like Starwars did then I will do whatever I can to make it happen. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>81217677
As much as I love Young Justice, it will never happne.
>>
>>81217677
>inb4 the one YJ hater
>>
Even if people don't like YJ. They should hope this occurs so DC has a place that can drop half hour cartoons without CN fucking with them at every opportunity.
>>
>>81218014
No one looks at long term here,
>>
Happy as long as they bring back glorious white Wally.
>>
>>81218014
Doesn't WB have some kind of ownership/partnership with CN? Would they really cheat on them with netflix?
>>
“On the publishing side, there’s a lot of interest, but I know there’s a lot of exciting initiatives on the animation side," DiDio said during the In-Store Convention Kickoff. "One thing I've learned in my years doing this, nothing ever rests forever. The voice of the people is becoming louder and listened to more often, which is a good thing.”
>>
>81217963
Never say never, people fought to get Clone wars back and it happened.
Also YJ was fully funded by Mattel if I'm not mistaken, WB and DC had little to no funding involved.
Plus it'll make the fans happy and make them money, it's a win win.
>>
It actually has a fair chance of happening. The show is really popular on Netflix and cartoons for audiences older than little kids do awfully on network TV. Netflix is constantly expanding their lineup and they LOVE serialized dramas.

>>81218087
Well CN obviously doesn't want it. CN is owned by WB but WB has no obligation to give them shows. For example, Vixen on CW's website, DTD movies that don't get shown on TV, etc. So if CN is refusing to buy shows from DC Animation, what the fuck are they supposed to do?
>>
>>81217677
As I mentioned before, I wouldn't expect news about it right away. It'll take some time to negotiate with WB, etc.

If that one insider guy was correct, they're talking about it, but WB is dragging its feet about it, proposing shitty ideas like simulcasting and such, which is turning Netflix off the idea.

Assuming it isn't a bunch of bullshit.
>>
The YJers are pretty organized.

I feel bad a lot of other shows couldn't start initiatives this well.
>>
It also depends on where the rights for Young Justice are right now. Like the reason Spectacular Spider-man will never be revived is because it was a co-production between Marvel and Sony. Transformers Animated also got shitcanned because it was a Cartoon Network-Hasbro co-production, and it was easier to just make a new show than the sort out the rights.

God only knows where the rights for Young Justice are. It's very possible that Mattel owns a chunk of it.
>>
>>81217677

Confused as to why we even want it.

This show was terrible. I remember nothing but shit posting when it was on.
>>
>>81218338
Again, no one here can think in long term.
>>
>81218322
From my understanding, Mattel have up their rights and it's back in the hands of WB and DC, but for all I know that could just be rumor.
>>
>>81218322
I wonder if the rights were sold off as a tax loss. Most people quote Megas XLR, Symbionic Titan, and Beware the Batman as examples because they were publicly disclosed, but for all we know, there were a lot more cancelled shows that were written off as well.
>>
>81218338
You ever listen to that Cinderella song, "Don't know what you got (til it's gone)"?
>>
>81218053
Agreed, Black Wally is such a prick
>>
>>81218182
>>81218410
>>81218518
>>81218748
Is this b8 or newfag?
>>
YJ was shit
if they rebooted it like the comics with Tim/Kon/Bart fun I'd be down
>>
>>81219649
YJ season 2 was lame. Alien Invasion was tinfoil hat-tier.
Season 1 was great because Superboy and Miss Martian were really likeable.
>>
>>81217677
Greg Weismen will never get a 3rd season, its his curse.
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23KB, 637x480px
>>81219865
>Season 1 was great because Superboy and Miss Martian were really likeable.
>>
>>81217677
#Hopeburnsbright
>>
>>81220690
At least he's gotten two satisfying endings: W.I.T.C.H. and Star Wars Kanan.

I guess Gargoyles counts too, but I liked the comics too much to let that universe go when there are a lot of stories to tell yet.
>>
>>81217677
>nice things
not happening.
>>
Young Justice was Korra levels of hated back when it was airing. Now that everyone is starved for an action cartoon, suddenly it's being held up as great. Fuck this show and all it's shipping and shit dialog and villain plan that made no fuckin sense.
>>
>>81218014
They do have a place. CW. They can drop a half hour cartoon there once a year.
>>
>>81218380
> support terrible show in hope it will lead to something better!
no
>>
>>81218053
hope they make him gay for diversity.
>>
>>81221957
>Starved for an action cartoon.
You think you have it bad where is out intelligent comedy cartoons?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.